PDA

View Full Version : Poop Nintendo Power Glove

chinaski
06-15-2020, 03:36 PM
https://images.nintendolife.com/dce66750da5c4/screenshot-2019-09-06-at-11-44-28.original.jpg

Discuss this Piece of Shit.

How long can Covid-19 live on a Nintendo Power Glove?

Mecca
06-15-2020, 03:37 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3hfHc0uZAIM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eleazar
06-15-2020, 03:46 PM
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

DJ's left nut
06-15-2020, 03:52 PM

Damn you for just posting the line while I was looking for the clip...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AacoxHFYvZw" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Wizard somehow aged worse than it was in the late 80s. I can still hear the little kid getting all spun up and shouting 'california, california!' over and over again.

Probably saw that movie like 3 times (daycare...) and it was so godawful it made an impression.

TRR
06-15-2020, 03:53 PM

Ah great quote! Did you know Lucas Barton (real name Jackey Vinson) is a registered sex offender?

ILChief
06-16-2020, 06:00 AM
I wanted that thing so bad. Then the kid down the road got one and I played it and found out it was a POS

Wisconsin_Chief
06-16-2020, 07:34 AM
What a fantastic yet ridiculous movie. Nothing but a 2 hour commercial for Nintendo.

Why does Fred Savage have to be so god damn amazing?

"Just keep your Power Gloves off her, pal."

Terrific. Terrific.

Mecca
06-16-2020, 07:42 AM
Make your wife give you a handjob while wearing one.

'Hamas' Jenkins
06-16-2020, 07:43 AM
I had a Power Glove and it was completely worthless. Like AVGN, I got wiped out by Glass Joe. I ended up cutting off the cord and using it as an accessory for make believe battles against various opposing forces.

Yeah, The Wizard sucked, but I was still amazed at the intro for Super Mario 3.

Eleazar
06-16-2020, 10:34 AM
I had a Power Glove and it was completely worthless. Like AVGN, I got wiped out by Glass Joe. I ended up cutting off the cord and using it as an accessory for make believe battles against various opposing forces.

Yeah, The Wizard sucked, but I was still amazed at the intro for Super Mario 3.

It was useless except for that gloveball game. Maybe it could have been cool if it had more software of its own, but as it stands it didn't do much of anything.

smithandrew051
06-16-2020, 10:38 AM
It fucking sucked, but there’s some pretty funny videos of speed runners playing through various games with it.

Miles
06-16-2020, 01:11 PM
It’s pretty amusing that they had a big market campaign and the movie to hype a product that just didn’t work.

KC_Connection
06-16-2020, 01:19 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3hfHc0uZAIM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Expected to see this when I entered the thread. Can't believe this was 14 years ago.

Mecca
06-16-2020, 01:23 PM
Expected to see this when I entered the thread. Can't believe this was 14 years ago.

It's crazy how long AVGN has been around and dude is still pushing them out.

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2020, 01:38 PM
Pretty sure Netflix or Prime has a documentary on the Power Glove.

DJ's left nut
06-16-2020, 02:41 PM
Pretty sure Netflix or Prime has a documentary on the Power Glove.

There are a handful of 'em.

Bottom line: Don't expect much when you try to take a product that cost about $9k to build, re-design it to make it commercial viable at roughly $40 per unit to manufacture, and then rush to market without any viable games.

Had Mattel just pumped the brakes a bit and waited until more games were designed specifically for it, they could've had a hit on their hands. But the glove's backwards compatibility was so bad and the public hated it so much that it was discontinued less than a year after it went to market - the same month, in fact, that the only game ever designed for it finally went on sale.

And by most accounts, that game was actually really fun and the glove worked pretty well.

A stupid development timeline killed it.

Titty Meat
06-16-2020, 06:17 PM
This would be so fun to jerk Mecca off with