PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Eagles Brandon Brooks tore Achillies

Hoover
06-16-2020, 01:13 PM
Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks says he tore left Achilles

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29316154/eagles-right-guard-brandon-brooks-says-tore-left-achilles

Shockingly the Eagles didn't really address the offensive line in the draft. Wonder is we could send them Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for a draft pick? His contract isn't that bad. And while I can see Andy wanting to keep him, we have the depth to move on, and he would be an upgrade in Philly now.

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2020, 01:40 PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29316154/eagles-right-guard-brandon-brooks-says-tore-left-achilles

Shockingly the Eagles didn't really address the offensive line in the draft. Wonder is we could send them Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for a draft pick? His contract isn't that bad. And while I can see Andy wanting to keep him, we have the depth to move on, and he would be an upgrade in Philly now.LDT played better as he got healthier. I'm not against trading him, but he's going to be at his best this season, IMO.

ChiefBlueCFC
06-16-2020, 03:02 PM

Shockingly the Eagles didn't really address the offensive line in the draft. Wonder is we could send them Laurent Duvernay-Tardif for a draft pick? His contract isn't that bad. And while I can see Andy wanting to keep him, we have the depth to move on, and he would be an upgrade in Philly now.

I think it will depend on how the UDFA look in camp, specifically Niang whom the Chiefs said the saw starting out in the interior and potentially moving out wide. I think if the rookies show off, LDT is a solid trade candidate.

Of course, with no OTAs, no rookie mini camp etc its hard to get a good judgment on how they are playing out. So, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see many vets get traded that we typically see.

DJ's left nut
06-16-2020, 03:09 PM
Good fit over there as well.

Sidney Jones? He's never going to be the player he had the potential to be before he got injured pre-draft, but he's slooooowly developed into an NFL caliber depth DB.

W/ Breeland's likely suspension and the inevitable need for depth at DB - it wouldn't hurt to ask. We'd save about $2 million in cap over the next couple years (accounting for LDT's dead money next season) and get a guy that I think we need a little more and who has a little more long-term upside.

candyman
06-16-2020, 03:22 PM
How? If the article said I missed it.

Pitt Gorilla
06-16-2020, 03:41 PM
I think it will depend on how the UDFA look in camp, specifically Niang whom the Chiefs said the saw starting out in the interior and potentially moving out wide. I think if the rookies show off, LDT is a solid trade candidate.

Of course, with no OTAs, no rookie mini camp etc its hard to get a good judgment on how they are playing out. So, it wouldn't surprise me if we don't see many vets get traded that we typically see.Niang is very clearly NOT a UDFA, FWIW.

Chief Roundup
06-16-2020, 04:25 PM
No, not interested in trading for a pick next year. With the trouble we have had with health along the OL we don't have that much depth.

Titty Meat
06-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Good fit over there as well.

Sidney Jones? He's never going to be the player he had the potential to be before he got injured pre-draft, but he's slooooowly developed into an NFL caliber depth DB.

W/ Breeland's likely suspension and the inevitable need for depth at DB - it wouldn't hurt to ask. We'd save about $2 million in cap over the next couple years (accounting for LDT's dead money next season) and get a guy that I think we need a little more and who has a little more long-term upside.

Not against the idea at all. Whatever happened to Darqueze Dennard? I know we were interested in him last year and hes still a free agent. Seems like a good 1 year prove it deal candidate.

Bob Dole
06-16-2020, 06:34 PM
We’re bringing back most of the roster that won the SB. Yeah, let’s fuck with the O-line.

Shiver Me Timbers
06-16-2020, 06:36 PM
Eagles right guard Brandon Brooks says he tore left Achilles......................
And not one poster has said
"ouch, hope he gets meds"

Buckweath
06-17-2020, 08:46 AM
The Chiefs have options on the interior line but there is uncertainty as to how they will perform.

You trade LDT to the Eagles and next thing you know you get one of your other OG injured.

Yeah, I don't think it would be smart to trade LDT, especially not right now.

I would also add that LDT was good to this team by accepting a big paycut and cutting off his long-term deal to just one year left. It would kinda be a low blow if this team traded him unless he was eventually not to start.

KChiefs1
06-17-2020, 09:10 AM
Shit like this scares me.

DJ's left nut
06-17-2020, 09:17 AM
The Chiefs have options on the interior line but there is uncertainty as to how they will perform.

You trade LDT to the Eagles and next thing you know you get one of your other OG injured.

Yeah, I don't think it would be smart to trade LDT, especially not right now.

I would also add that LDT was good to this team by accepting a big paycut and cutting off his long-term deal to just one year left. It would kinda be a low blow if this team traded him unless he was eventually not to start.

Okay, but I'm not advocating a trade for a pick.

By the same token, you DON'T make this trade. And in week 1 you're dealing with Rashad Fenton as your CB2 w/ a couple rookies getting playing time. Meanwhile Niang appears to be fully healthy and developing, Wylie has re-captured his 2018 form and Rankins looks healthy and ready to start. And now 2 of those guys are blocked/buried.

Sometimes you have to take a sober-eyed look at where your depth really is. The Chiefs have more similarly situated depth on their IOL than they do among their CBs.

The 'well what happens if someone gets injured?' argument doesn't wash when you're trading from depth to fill a weakness. Sure - I see why you wouldn't do it for picks, but if you're dealing for a player that can provide immediate help to a thin spot while giving an opportunity to young guys that are GOING to be in that role next year (everyone knows LDT is in his walk year now), that argument is something of a non-starter.

PS - LDT didn't take that restructure out of the kindness of his heart. He was gonna get cut and by juggling money, he kept most of his salary. He'd have never gotten that kind of jack in the open market. That wasn't benevolence by LDT, it was an accurate reading of the room by his representatives.

ChiefBlueCFC
06-17-2020, 10:05 AM
Niang is very clearly NOT a UDFA, FWIW.

Yea, everything I've heard and read about him suggests that he could potentially start right away, but since he had that injury last season it really hurt him in the draft.

Buckweath
06-17-2020, 11:27 AM
Okay, but I'm not advocating a trade for a pick.

By the same token, you DON'T make this trade. And in week 1 you're dealing with Rashad Fenton as your CB2 w/ a couple rookies getting playing time. Meanwhile Niang appears to be fully healthy and developing, Wylie has re-captured his 2018 form and Rankins looks healthy and ready to start. And now 2 of those guys are blocked/buried.

Sometimes you have to take a sober-eyed look at where your depth really is. The Chiefs have more similarly situated depth on their IOL than they do among their CBs.

The 'well what happens if someone gets injured?' argument doesn't wash when you're trading from depth to fill a weakness. Sure - I see why you wouldn't do it for picks, but if you're dealing for a player that can provide immediate help to a thin spot while giving an opportunity to young guys that are GOING to be in that role next year (everyone knows LDT is in his walk year now), that argument is something of a non-starter.

PS - LDT didn't take that restructure out of the kindness of his heart. He was gonna get cut and by juggling money, he kept most of his salary. He'd have never gotten that kind of jack in the open market. That wasn't benevolence by LDT, it was an accurate reading of the room by his representatives.

I agree for the most part and I did have in mind trading for a draft pick.

I had kinda forgotten of Martinas Rankin but I wouldn't say right now that this team has depth on the interior line. I do feel comfortable with what they have moving forward but for now, they mostly have a few options and until those players have a strong training camp or beginning of the season, I would be prudent about moving any of those players.

The CB position is a weak spot IMO and I do hope Veach addresses it.

As for LDT taking a paycut, you have to understand that he is a guy coming from a small program in Canada who got to the NFL and grew a lot with this Chiefs team who gave him a chance. He also seems to have a bond with Andy Reid.

I am not sure any random player in the same position would have taken that steep of a paycut and go from 3 years left on his contract to just one and not rather just test his value on the market.

DJ's left nut
06-17-2020, 11:34 AM
I agree for the most part and I did have in mind trading for a draft pick.

I had kinda forgotten of Martinas Rankin but I wouldn't say right now that this team has depth on the interior line. I do feel comfortable with what they have moving forward but for now, they mostly have a few options and until those players have a strong training camp or beginning of the season, I would be prudent about moving any of those players.

The CB position is a weak spot IMO and I do hope Veach addresses it.

As for LDT taking a paycut, you have to understand that he is a guy coming from a small program in Canada who got to the NFL and grew a lot with this Chiefs team who gave him a chance. He also seems to have a bond with Andy Reid.

I am not sure any random player in the same position would have taken that steep of a paycut and go from 3 years left on his contract to just one and not rather just test his value on the market.

But the 3 to 1 thing actually benefits him. The Chiefs could've cut him almost free and clear next year. He was locked in for 2 more years if he suddenly rebounds to a pro bowl level. Meanwhile if he played poorly, the Chiefs could've just cut him.

He came out ahead for getting those last years taken off and turned into a 'voidable' year. And he didn't get paid much less - it just got delayed a season and he'll get it when the year voids next season.

To be honest, LDT didn't take NEARLY the haircut his performance suggested last season. I'd have still cut him outright. He simply wasn't good and he's become extremely unreliable to boot.