PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs National Anthem

penguinz
06-17-2020, 06:41 AM
Why is is ok to change the words to Home of the Chiefs but not ok to kneel during the anthem?

I personally think changing the words is far more disrespectful.

WhawhaWhat
06-17-2020, 06:44 AM
It's OK to do both.

KurtCobain
06-17-2020, 06:52 AM
I don't know about all that but I think it's okay for you to get that dick out of your ass.

Home of the CHIEFS.

penguinz
06-17-2020, 06:54 AM
I don't know about all that but I think it's okay for you to get that dick out of your ass.

Home of the CHIEFS.

Tough words for a pussy behind a keyboard.

penguinz
06-17-2020, 07:02 AM
It's OK to do both.

I agree. I would just guess that a lot of the people here that cry about kneeling don’t think twice about changing the song.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-17-2020, 07:06 AM
I think what would not be okay. Is sneaking off to Canada if the US is bombed.

Baby Lee
06-17-2020, 07:07 AM
On the off chance someone actually wants an answer, I'll attempt to put it in relatable terms.

First off, I think there are different definitions of disrepectful at play here.

Kneeling during the anthem to protest imperfections in the nation is a WITHDRAWAL of respect because you assess that the nation as symbolized does not meet your requirements for respect.

Changing the lyrics to 'home of the CHIEFS' is disrespect in sense of failing to MAINTAIN SOLEMNITY for the duration of the ritual.

I think if individuals in the crowd were pressed, they would acquiesce for a particularly passionate entreaty to maintain solemnity, or for particularly solemn occasions. They likely don't shout 'home of the CHIEFS' if they play the national anthem at church, or at Memorial day celebrations, or on the 4th of July.

They're getting antsy, a little rowdy, for a little football and this is the last thing before football starts, so they start some shenanigans in anticipation. It's supposed to be celebratory, even if it isn't respectful in the sense of solemn. It's not intended to detract from the purpose of the ritual so much as to bridge from the ritual to the game by signalling excitement.

Naptown Chief
06-17-2020, 07:19 AM
How do you let someone know if your hotcakes are selling well?

Spott
06-17-2020, 07:33 AM
Tough words for a pussy behind a keyboard.

I agree with Kurt. That dick in your ass is far more disrespectful, especially during the national anthem.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 07:33 AM
I agree. I would just guess that a lot of the people here that cry about kneeling don’t think twice about changing the song.

Its almost like you have zero concept of intent and or motive. One is a protest, the other is a celebration.

Deberg_1990
06-17-2020, 07:38 AM
It’s not ok to do either.

Hammock Parties
06-17-2020, 07:40 AM
Personally I wish we could watch two men have gay sex on at the 50 during the anthem.

They can bring in two women during breast cancer week.

KCUnited
06-17-2020, 07:49 AM
From the 50 anything is possible

Pablo
06-17-2020, 07:52 AM
They just just play Thunderstruck in its place. The same fans would stand regardless.

tyecopeland
06-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Personally I wish we could watch two men have gay sex on at the 50 during the anthem.

They can bring in two women during breast cancer week.

Men get breast cancer too.

Pasta Little Brioni
06-17-2020, 07:58 AM
You really don't get the difference? Really?

Trivers
06-17-2020, 08:03 AM
Why is is ok to change the words to Home of the Chiefs but not ok to kneel during the anthem?

Too early to be drunk posting at 7:41.

Apples and oranges.

Think. Man. Think.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 08:15 AM
It's a little disrespectful. But somehow this got blown up into being anti American, anti veteran. Come on.

Soon there were unwritten rules about kneeling written by fans who often wear their hats, grab beers, stare at their phone, or talk during the anthem. Then shout "home of the Chiefs" at the end. A little disrespectful but nothing to lose our shit over. Mahmoud Abdul Rauf turning his back to the flag? That was straight up disrespectful. Not even close to what athletes are doing here.

The players originally protested with harmless t-shirts and hands up gestures and the same people also lost their shit. If the US persecuted Christians somehow and someone knelt in protest those same people would probably talk about how brave these athletes were. A little disrespectful but nothing to lose our shit over.

The outrage is a lot more about the message than the kneeling.

AdolfOliverBush
06-17-2020, 08:16 AM
Hearing the crowd shout "CHIEFS" is awesome. Kneeling has zero effect on my life. It's only a song, and not a very good one at that.

Donger
06-17-2020, 08:18 AM
Well, our national anthem is set to the tune of a British "pub song" which is mildly ironic.

Mecca
06-17-2020, 08:29 AM
Neither one bothers me, but to think one is fine and one is not borders on changing around what you think to make what you do ok and what someone else does not.

HayWire
06-17-2020, 08:43 AM
Because we've turned into a culture that doesn't understand it's ok to "agree to disagree". I never talk politics or beliefs with anyone (especially here) but this shit has gotten to the point that I can't turn on the TV, read the paper, surf the net, or read about sports without hearing about why everyone else is wrong. Here is a thought....if someone is doing something you don't agree with then don't participate. A majority of the public has gotten to the point that if you don't agree with the way they think or act then you must be wrong. News flash....2 people can have 2 different view points and both be right. Instead of saying "that's a valid argument but I don't see it that way" it turns into "you're a fucking moron because you don't think the way I do".

If you want to stand then stand. If you want to kneel then kneel. If you want to say Chiefs then say Chiefs. The trick is to worry about yourself and not about the guy next to you. I really don't give a shit either way.

smithandrew051
06-17-2020, 08:50 AM
Because we've turned into a culture that doesn't understand it's ok to "agree to disagree". I never talk politics or beliefs with anyone (especially here) but this shit has gotten to the point that I can't turn on the TV, read the paper, surf the net, or read about sports without hearing about why everyone else is wrong. Here is a thought....if someone is doing something you don't agree with then don't participate. A majority of the public has gotten to the point that if you don't agree with the way they think or act then you must be wrong. News flash....2 people can have 2 different view points and both be right. Instead of saying "that's a valid argument but I don't see it that way" it turns into "you're a fucking moron because you don't think the way I do".

If you want to stand then stand. If you want to kneel then kneel. If you want to say Chiefs then say Chiefs. The trick is to worry about yourself and not about the guy next to you. I really don't give a shit either way.

Pretty much all of this. Everything gets turned into a dichotomy and people get played against each other.

Shaid
06-17-2020, 08:55 AM
Going back to the origins of Kaepernick kneeling, he originally was sitting instead. A Green Beret convinced him to kneel instead because soldiers kneel in front of fallen soldier's grave to show respect. So, kneeling is a way to show respect for the flag while still silently protesting. It's not something I would do personally but understanding how it went from sitting to kneeling and was essentially a middle ground does make a difference to me.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 08:55 AM
I don't know that anyone thinks it's OK but we do it anyway.

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 08:57 AM
Going back to the origins of Kaepernick kneeling, he originally was sitting instead. A Green Beret convinced him to kneel instead because soldiers kneel in front of fallen soldier's grave to show respect. So, kneeling is a way to show respect for the flag while still silently protesting. It's not something I would do personally but understanding how it went from sitting to kneeling and was essentially a middle ground does make a difference to me.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/I think the main reason so many were outraged by CK's kneeling is because the media told them they should be. No one can fucking think for themselves anymore.

BigRedChief
06-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Me and OTWP58 went to the Indy playoff game in Indy. Of course the Chief fans and us said Chiefs" at the end. The Indy fans around us were truly, no BS hurt that we had did that to the anthem. They were really offended. Real emotion way before the term SJW even existed. It moved me enough to promise myself I wont say the Chiefs at the end of the anthem in another stadium.

But, I ended up co-founding Arrowhead South and everyone wanted to say "Chiefs". I talked to some active duty soldiers I was working with at the time and they all said its free speech, go for it. Talked to the vets in our group. No one thought it was disrespectful. We have done it at every game down here. Including the Super Bowl where it was really loud. Every game it was way louder than the singers word.

So if your offended, **** off. Until the people who fought and died for our our country say its offensive to them, we are going to keep doing it and............... we are going to keep doing the chop too.

Randallflagg
06-17-2020, 08:59 AM
On the off chance someone actually wants an answer, I'll attempt to put it in relatable terms.

First off, I think there are different definitions of disrepectful at play here.

Kneeling during the anthem to protest imperfections in the nation is a WITHDRAWAL of respect because you assess that the nation as symbolized does not meet your requirements for respect.

Changing the lyrics to 'home of the CHIEFS' is disrespect in sense of failing to MAINTAIN SOLEMNITY for the duration of the ritual.

I think if individuals in the crowd were pressed, they would acquiesce for a particularly passionate entreaty to maintain solemnity, or for particularly solemn occasions. They likely don't shout 'home of the CHIEFS' if they play the national anthem at church, or at Memorial day celebrations, or on the 4th of July.

They're getting antsy, a little rowdy, for a little football and this is the last thing before football starts, so they start some shenanigans in anticipation. It's supposed to be celebratory, even if it isn't respectful in the sense of solemn. It's not intended to detract from the purpose of the ritual so much as to bridge from the ritual to the game by signalling excitement.

Bravo!! :clap:

Randallflagg
06-17-2020, 09:01 AM
Me and OTWP58 went to the Indy playoff game in Indy. Of course the Chief fans and us said Chiefs" at the end. The Indy fans around us were truly, no BS hurt that we had did that to the anthem. They were really offended. It moved me enough to promise myself I wont say the Chiefs at the end of the anthem in another stadium.

But, I ended up starting Arrowhead South and everyone wanted to say "Chiefs". I talked to some active duty soldiers I was working with at the time and they all said its free speech, go for it. Talked to the vets in our group. No one thought it was disrespectful. We have done it at every game down here. Including the Super Bowl where it was really loud. Every game it was way louder than the singers word.

So if your offended, **** off. Until the people who fought and died for our our country say its offensive to them, we are going to keep doing it and............... we are going to keep doing the chop too.

:thumb:

I am a combat vet and I have never found it offensive (Chiefs) in the least. Kneeling, on the other hand......no go.

Mecca
06-17-2020, 09:01 AM
I think the main reason so many were outraged by CK's kneeling is because the media told them they should be. No one can fucking think for themselves anymore.

Yea pretty much, the minute it became a political talking point it was an issue.

philfree
06-17-2020, 09:02 AM
With a perfect game experience I like to go through the turn style, walk up the ramp, buy a beer and then enter the bowl of the stadium just as I hear "home of the Chiefs!" Then I walk down the stairs to my seat and watch the game. I don't go to the game for the National Anthem but I still don't care for the kneeling on the job. Overall I don't care enough to raise a stink about it. I can't stand Kaperknick though.

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 09:03 AM
:thumb:

I am a combat vet and I have never found it offensive (Chiefs) in the least. Kneeling, on the other hand......no go.Well, with all due respect, you are also a Chiefs fan...so you may be just a wee bit biased. :)

smithandrew051
06-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Yea pretty much, the minute it became a political talking point it was an issue.

And it was pretty much forced down your throat by sports shows that we used to watch for sports. Every single pregame show was more about the anthem protest than anything else.

I’ve never cared if someone kneels, but I do get annoyed with the constant coverage of it.

RockChalk
06-17-2020, 09:05 AM
Personally, I'd prefer that the national anthem be eliminated before sporting events. An August 14 game between the Royals and Tigers has absolutely nothing to do with America nor celebrating America. No idea why it became a standard precursor to sporting events in the first place. I'm there to watch a game, not celebrate the country.

ThaVirus
06-17-2020, 09:06 AM
Me and OTWP58 went to the Indy playoff game in Indy. Of course the Chief fans and us said Chiefs" at the end. The Indy fans around us were truly, no BS hurt that we had did that to the anthem. They were really offended. Real emotion way before the term SJW even existed. It moved me enough to promise myself I wont say the Chiefs at the end of the anthem in another stadium.

But, I ended up co-founding Arrowhead South and everyone wanted to say "Chiefs". I talked to some active duty soldiers I was working with at the time and they all said its free speech, go for it. Talked to the vets in our group. No one thought it was disrespectful. We have done it at every game down here. Including the Super Bowl where it was really loud. Every game it was way louder than the singers word.

How do you feel about the kneeling?

Randallflagg
06-17-2020, 09:06 AM
Well, with all due respect, you are also a Chiefs fan...so you may be just a wee bit biased. :)

How is that? Of course I am biased to the Chiefs. Lifelong. From the day they arrived in KC. Funny, though, I've been singing the National anthem longer than that. Pledge of Allegiance as well.

Biased? You bet.

BigCatDaddy
06-17-2020, 09:09 AM
Because the guy doing the kneeling wears socks with pigs deessed as cops on them and shirts with Castro. We arent talking about a decent human being and if someone like PM2 or Fitzgerald was leading the charge this may have been viewed differently. It's not rocket science.

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 09:10 AM
How is that? Of course I am biased to the Chiefs. Lifelong. From the day they arrived in KC. Funny, though, I've been singing the National anthem longer than that. Pledge of Allegiance as well.

Biased? You bet.Not implying there's anything wrong with it, nor that you're the only one. Just that as a Chiefs fan you're going to be more tolerant of Chiefs fan behavior.

BigRedChief
06-17-2020, 09:28 AM
How do you feel about the kneeling?Its a legitimate way to protest the unequal treatment of US citizens by the police. If it makes you uncomfortable, that's kind of the point of constitutionally protected peaceful protest.

Rain Man
06-17-2020, 09:28 AM

That's exactly why I do it, though I never knew that was the reason until you explained it.

I'll admit that I smile and cringe at "home of the Chiefs". It seems disrespectful to do it, but I like it because it exudes solidarity. That is the moment where i cease to be a guy in a stadium and for the next three hours join the epic wall of red.

Interestingly, promoting solidarity is what the anthem is there to do anyway, "Chiefs" is more regional solidarity than national solidarity, but it's still solidarity.

And as for the kneeling, if the newscast initially said that kneeling was to show respect for the flag I'd have believed it. It's a non-issue for me. It would be rude to be running around talking during the anthem, but kneeling is not something I would even notice if it's not pointed out.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 09:40 AM
Neither one bothers me, but to think one is fine and one is not borders on changing around what you think to make what you do ok and what someone else does not.

Yea and you probably think wearing a stars and stripes bikini is the same as wiping your ass with a flag too.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 09:42 AM
Its a legitimate way to protest the unequal treatment of US citizens by the police. If it makes you uncomfortable, that's kind of the point of constitutionally protected peaceful protest.

Protesting a false and completely media and politician made up narrative makes complete sense. The statistics do not support the claim no matter how many times people try to claim the opposite.

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 09:43 AM
'Home of Chiefs' is simply a way to show pride in Chiefs playing at home. It isn't that serious and I don't see how anyone would take it offensively..

digger
06-17-2020, 09:46 AM
It's hard to yell loudly "CHIEFS" when you are on your knees...

Monticore
06-17-2020, 09:51 AM
I get offended when people like Carl Lewis, Roseanne Barr or even good singers massacre or completely change the song and I am not even American why can't they just sing it the way it was intended they all seem to want to make their own version which I think is more disrespectful than kneeling or the crowd adding the CHIEFS!.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 09:51 AM
Because the guy doing the kneeling wears socks with pigs deessed as cops on them and shirts with Castro. We arent talking about a decent human being and if someone like PM2 or Fitzgerald was leading the charge this may have been viewed differently. It's not rocket science.

So then your beef is with the message, not the flag. Got it.

BigCatDaddy
06-17-2020, 10:31 AM
So then your beef is with the message, not the flag. Got it.

My beef is similar to OJ kneeling for domestic abuse.

bsp4444
06-17-2020, 10:33 AM
Because we've turned into a culture that doesn't understand it's ok to "agree to disagree". I never talk politics or beliefs with anyone (especially here) but this shit has gotten to the point that I can't turn on the TV, read the paper, surf the net, or read about sports without hearing about why everyone else is wrong. Here is a thought....if someone is doing something you don't agree with then don't participate. A majority of the public has gotten to the point that if you don't agree with the way they think or act then you must be wrong. News flash....2 people can have 2 different view points and both be right. Instead of saying "that's a valid argument but I don't see it that way" it turns into "you're a ****ing moron because you don't think the way I do".

Did not mean to thumbs down this🙁

penguinz
06-17-2020, 10:35 AM
People here are so predictable.

HayWire
06-17-2020, 10:40 AM
Did not mean to thumbs down this🙁

Asshole. LMAO

I shall disagree with your apology and show my persistent opinion by following you from thread to thread and down voting each post.

Good day, sir.

mkp785
06-17-2020, 10:42 AM
Protesting a false and completely media and politician made up narrative makes complete sense. The statistics do not support the claim no matter how many times people try to claim the opposite.

Yup. All fake news. Tell everyone more about what black ppl experience day to day. I'm curious as I havent spent as much time in the community as the racial expert "Marcellus" ....

tyecopeland
06-17-2020, 10:45 AM
My last 3 years teaching I barely ever stood for the pledge and I said it even less. My last year I had a insane white mom who was best friends with the principal and got mad about it. She went to the principal with her "concern" and the principal went to central office with the issue. The superintendents told her to not make anything of it but she went ahead and made an announcement that everyone needed to stand during the pledge. She did that without talking to me about it until I mentioned it to her later. The principal was a military brat but was also black.

Jewish Rabbi
06-17-2020, 10:56 AM

Kill yourself with a gun, dumbass!!!

Kman34
06-17-2020, 10:57 AM

This post is exactly the way I feel too.. Thumbs up

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 10:59 AM
Yup. All fake news. Tell everyone more about what black ppl experience day to day. I'm curious as I havent spent as much time in the community as the racial expert "Marcellus" ....And what do you know about what white people experience with the police? Do you think when they pull us over they come up to our window with a cup of coffee and a donut for us?

Good grief.

BossChief
06-17-2020, 11:04 AM
Here’s where I’m at and it hasn’t changed.

I have zero problem with any peaceful way to protest. During the anthem, go ahead. In front of police stations? Go ahead. In front of city hall? Please do and I hope it helps make change happen.

But if your job asks you not to do something because it interferes with their business, do it on your own time if you want to keep your job.

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 11:10 AM
My last 3 years teaching I barely ever stood for the pledge and I said it even less. My last year I had a insane white mom who was best friends with the principal and got mad about it. She went to the principal with her "concern" and the principal went to central office with the issue. The superintendents told her to not make anything of it but she went ahead and made an announcement that everyone needed to stand during the pledge. She did that without talking to me about it until I mentioned it to her later. The principal was a military brat but was also black.

Why wouldn't you stand for the anthem? Good example to set for your students...

Rain Man
06-17-2020, 11:15 AM
And what do you know about what white people experience with the police? Do you think when they pull us over they come up to our window with a cup of coffee and a donut for us?

Good grief.

Eddie Murphy did that great documentary about it in the 1980s.

lewdog
06-17-2020, 11:16 AM
OP is weaker than Pete.

R Clark
06-17-2020, 11:16 AM
Hearing the crowd shout "CHIEFS" is awesome. Kneeling has zero effect on my life. It's only a song, and not a very good one at that.

What a turd to bad you can’t be flushed

mr. tegu
06-17-2020, 11:19 AM
Here’s where I’m at and it hasn’t changed.

I have zero problem with any peaceful way to protest. During the anthem, go ahead. In front of police stations? Go ahead. In front of city hall? Please do and I hope it helps make change happen.

But if your job asks you not to do something because it interferes with their business, do it on your own time if you want to keep your job.

It’s shocking how many people continue to not understand this and want to make it into a moral issue, right or wrong, or one of players kneeling having their political views silenced.

Most people understand freedom of speech refers to the government, but for some reason can’t apply the same logic to protesting on your employers time.

tyecopeland
06-17-2020, 11:21 AM
Why wouldn't you stand for the anthem? Good example to set for your students...

Pledge of allegiance, not the anthem.

Regardless of my reasons, you think the 3rd graders have any fucking clue what they are reciting mindlessly? They barely even knew the fucking words much less what any of it meant. I taught them to treat it with respect if they were standing and reciting it not to be doing other things and to make up other words for it.

The main thing I wanted my students to do was to be independent thinkers, in their school work and in life, to be able to solve their problems. They were so used to being spoon fed everything and not having to think about what they were doing. I dont think that having students who have no idea what they are saying recite something has any real benefit. But yet it is at precisely that age when they are most pressured to participate in the pledge.

So yeah, for the most part I think I was a pretty good example to my students.

dls6501
06-17-2020, 11:26 AM
Agree with the premise of OPs post. Both should be viewed the same. Neither is a problem IMO.

MMXcalibur
06-17-2020, 11:26 AM
I'm currently serving.

I completely understand that "CHIEFS" is a tradition and builds camaraderie with fans.
I completely understand the origins of why Colin Kaepernick and those that followed him took a knee.

At no point have I ever been offended or believed there was a distaste for the military based on anyone's actions during the anthem. Certain people see something different when they see the flag or hear the anthem being played, so I also understand why it would make people upset.

I will say that I'm pissed off that this whole conversation got hijacked by a certain individual....but that's a discussion for another forum that I'm not interested in having here.

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 11:42 AM
Pledge of allegiance, not the anthem.

Regardless of my reasons, you think the 3rd graders have any ****ing clue what they are reciting mindlessly? They barely even knew the ****ing words much less what any of it meant. I taught them to treat it with respect if they were standing and reciting it not to be doing other things and to make up other words for it.

The main thing I wanted my students to do was to be independent thinkers, in their school work and in life, to be able to solve their problems. They were so used to being spoon fed everything and not having to think about what they were doing. I dont think that having students who have no idea what they are saying recite something has any real benefit. But yet it is at precisely that age when they are most pressured to participate in the pledge.

So yeah, for the most part I think I was a pretty good example to my students.

I see what you are saying. Okay fair enough.

philfree
06-17-2020, 11:49 AM
Its a legitimate way to protest the unequal treatment of US citizens by the police. If it makes you uncomfortable, that's kind of the point of constitutionally protected peaceful protest.

It's dumb because we don't have a federal police force so what does the American flag and National Anthem have to do with it? The police are local so go kneel against state and local flags and anthems.

mkp785
06-17-2020, 12:10 PM
And what do you know about what white people experience with the police? Do you think when they pull us over they come up to our window with a cup of coffee and a donut for us?

Good grief.

What makes you think I'm not white? My quote was that I don't know what black community goes through and since obviously Marcallus does...I was asking to be informed by him. Since he knows. Also, if he's reading this: I'm still waiting to find out what its like in black America please tell. Since you know

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 12:15 PM
I will say this - if the object of kneeling during the national anthem was to start arguments and piss people off they have succeeded. Other than that I'm not sure what it accomplished. More than likely nothing in the long run.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 12:17 PM
I will say this - if the object of kneeling during the national anthem was to start arguments and piss people off they have succeeded. Other than that I'm not sure what it accomplished. More than likely nothing in the long run.

The nfl has pledged $250m and $100m to player causes. I'd say it's accomplished a lot. Maybe not the best route to get there. But it got accomplished.

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 12:20 PM
The nfl has pledged $250m and $100m to player causes. I'd say it's accomplished a lot. Maybe not the best route to get there. But it got accomplished.

I think that was more a result of George Floyd riots than anything.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 12:21 PM
I think that was more a result of George Floyd riots than anything.

The $250m over 10 years was pledged I think last year. The $100m on top was after George Floyd.

Mecca
06-17-2020, 12:22 PM
What makes you think I'm not white? My quote was that I don't know what black community goes through and since obviously Marcallus does...I was asking to be informed by him. Since he knows. Also, if he's reading this: I'm still waiting to find out what its like in black America please tell. Since you know

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VFHpvPwq2i8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

suzzer99
06-17-2020, 12:29 PM
It's OK to do both.

Couldn't agree more.

suzzer99
06-17-2020, 12:31 PM

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-nate-boyer-got-colin-kaepernick-to-go-from-sitting-to-kneeling/

And yet for some reason this explanation has never been good enough for a segment of the population who feel they get to make the rules on what is and isn't disrespectful.

suzzer99
06-17-2020, 12:33 PM
Personally, I'd prefer that the national anthem be eliminated before sporting events. An August 14 game between the Royals and Tigers has absolutely nothing to do with America nor celebrating America. No idea why it became a standard precursor to sporting events in the first place. I'm there to watch a game, not celebrate the country.

It's not only that - then it's God Bless America in like the 6th inning, then God Bless the USA in the 7th inning. Every time - stand, put your hand over your heart, no smiling or laughing, are you showing enough respect? It's ridiculous. That's really the kind of crap I want to deal with when I come to a baseball game.

The last Royals game I went to was with my religious aunts the summer after the Kaepernick blowup. With each song they were doing this performative thing where they put their hands over their heart then thrust their chest out and wiggle their shoulders back and forth, like a little kid - just to show maximum support. Yay lets try to outdo each other on patriotism.

Mecca
06-17-2020, 12:37 PM
And yet for some reason this explanation has never been good enough for a segment of the population who feel they get to make the rules on what is and isn't disrespectful.

You stepped on my rug with your shoe, you disrespectful fuck.

suzzer99
06-17-2020, 12:42 PM
The way you know this is about more than the anthem or the flag is that almost inevitably "ungrateful millionaire" comes out, often followed by "just shut up and play" or something similar - which lets you know the underlying emotions are about more than just the flag or anthem or troops or w/e.

Kiimo
06-17-2020, 12:44 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EasRUJZXYAANXcu?format=jpg&name=large

Mecca
06-17-2020, 12:45 PM
The way you know this is about more than the anthem or the flag is that almost inevitably "ungrateful millionaire" comes out, often followed by "just shut up and play" or something similar - which lets you know the underlying emotions are about more than just the flag or anthem or troops or w/e.

I think what it comes down to is the same reasons people always side with owners in labor disputes. They feel that the players make a lot of money so they should be happy, so they should just shutup. Also they don't want to know these players personal beliefs because that may give them a reason to not like them. They would be happier if the players would just be robots without any thoughts on real life issues.

In the era where no one can agree to disagree and say, He's a great player but I disagree with some of his views and that's fine cause that's America. It's hey he and I don't agree so fuck him he should shutup and stop offending me or making me think about shit I don't wanna think about.

Gravedigger
06-17-2020, 12:45 PM
Why are we bringing this up in another thread?

Lets recap:

Chiefs fans will still continue to say "HOME OF THE CHIEFS!", good luck getting them to stop.

Chiefs fans will still continue the Tomahawk Chop, good luck getting them to stop.

Hell, Chiefs fans will still scream "WE'RE GONNA BEAT THE HELL OUT OF YOU! YOU! YOU! YOU YOU YOU!" and they don't even play that song anymore.

Good luck getting them to stop. All you can do is sit there and be offended.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 12:52 PM
My beef is similar to OJ kneeling for domestic abuse.

LMAO

OJ posted a video recently where he said, and I shit you not - "until we start holding people accountable for killing other people, and put them in jail, this will continue".

mkp785
06-17-2020, 12:55 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VFHpvPwq2i8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Watched that special many times. He was way funnier back then. His new stuff isn't as good except that sketch he did on meeting OJ Simpson...that was hilarious

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 12:59 PM

People lost their shit when a bunch of players walked out of the tunnel with their hands up. And when NBA and WNBA players wore "I can't breathe" t-shirts. So the idea that it's ok to protest outside the anthem is BS.

Even most of the criticism on this thread is about the message and messenger, not the flag. Which means... if Mahomes led the protest or if the protest was on a message they agreed with (I used the example of religious persecution) I'd bet many of these people would have no problem with a player taking a knee. Which again goes back to the idea that only a small part about this is actually about the flag.

tyecopeland
06-17-2020, 12:59 PM

You stepped on my rug with your shoe, you disrespectful fuck.

How different is that from people "canceling" aunt jemima and such because it offends some people?

Change the word disrespectful to offensive and it pretty much the exact opposite people being worked up.

Mecca
06-17-2020, 01:01 PM
How different is that from people "canceling" aunt jemima and such because it offends some people?

Change the word disrespectful to offensive and it pretty much the exact opposite people being worked up.

I think that's stupid too....sorry it's hard to have a real opinion after infiltrating the klan meeting over on the other side of the forum.

tx4chiefs
06-17-2020, 01:05 PM
I think there is a difference between changing one word at the end of a song (even the national anthem), and kneeling during the entire song as a protest against the country and fans that are paying you millions of dollars to essentially play a game. If oppression was such a big deal to them, maybe they would donate all their millions do something about black abortions, black on black crime, black fatherless families, etc. There are enough problems in peoples lives and families without pushing an untrue agenda about blacks being killed by police. There are 500,000 police in America, if they were really killing anyone, it would be obvious.

ChiefBlueCFC
06-17-2020, 01:06 PM
I'm so burnt out by this conversation. I feel like either side is just getting further entrenched in their ideas and more and more unwilling to budge.

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 01:12 PM
The $250m over 10 years was pledged I think last year. The $100m on top was after George Floyd.

Awesome. So the next time a player wants money for his cause he should kneel during the anthem.

Look im all for peaceful protests and I believe racism/police brutality exists but there is a time and a place for everything.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 01:15 PM
I think there is a difference between changing one word at the end of a song (even the national anthem), and kneeling during the entire song as a protest against the country and fans that are paying you millions of dollars to essentially play a game. If oppression was such a big deal to them, maybe they would donate all their millions do something about black abortions, black on black crime, black fatherless families, etc. There are enough problems in peoples lives and families without pushing an untrue agenda about blacks being killed by police. There are 500,000 police in America, if they were really killing anyone, it would be obvious.

They are not protesting against fans. A small vocal minority are really offended by this. I'd bet the majority of people don't care enough either way.

Many of them do donate a ton of time and money to these causes.

I've got lots of comments on the last part but this isn't the forum for that. It's irrelevant because not liking the message or messenger is a flimsy excuse for shutting these players down.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Awesome. So the next time a player wants money for his cause he should kneel during the anthem.

Look im all for peaceful protests and I believe racism/police brutality exists but there is a time and a place for everything.

I put the biggest blame on Goodell and the owners. You know why the NBA doesn't kneel for the anthem? Because the league office and owners made extra efforts very early on to support players activism efforts in exchange for players standing for the anthem. Players have specifically said that's why they don't kneel. I suspect that's why Jerry Jones succeeded where other owners didn't. He demanded his players stand and you never hear any player complain about it.

The NFL waited for this to blow up and then finally made a too little too late gesture after the damage was already done.

Red Dawg
06-17-2020, 01:21 PM
I got banned for less that's in this tthread.

stumppy
06-17-2020, 01:24 PM

Yea, there'd probably be video or something like that.

Rausch
06-17-2020, 01:33 PM
I'm so burnt out by this conversation. I feel like either side is just getting further entrenched in their ideas and more and more unwilling to budge.

This.

I don't like the kneeling but it's not a deal breaker. I also have learned to forgive young people (18-28) for just not knowing everything. I sure didn't at that age and I didn't have the eyes of the world waiting to pounce on me based on my every comment or decision...

Titty Meat
06-17-2020, 01:37 PM
Only pussies care

mkp785
06-17-2020, 01:37 PM
I got banned for less that's in this tthread.

Maybe you got banned because this is an English speaking forum and you're currently writing in gibberish.

MMXcalibur
06-17-2020, 01:46 PM
LMAO

OJ posted a video recently where he said, and I shit you not - "until we start holding people accountable for killing other people, and put them in jail, this will continue".

Awareness: 0

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 02:40 PM

Oh, I get it. This is some weird Marcellus obsession. As you were.

eDave
06-17-2020, 03:12 PM

I personally don't give af either way.

mkp785
06-17-2020, 03:15 PM
Oh, I get it. This is some weird Marcellus obsession. As you were.

Naa. I just like ppl to back up statements with facts. Same thing with clownstaylor in another thread. He made claims about things happening in other communities, I asked him to prove his point, he freaked out and started whining. Now I asked Marcelles to back up his statements with facts. You're welcome to answer for him if you want since you've taken such a strong position on the subject...

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Naa. I just like ppl to back up statements with facts. Same thing with clownstaylor in another thread. He made claims about things happening in other communities, I asked him to prove his point, he freaked out and started whining. Now I asked Marcelles to back up his statements with facts. You're welcome to answer for him if you want since you've taken such a strong position on the subject...
Naa after a cursory check of your short posting history...you're not just happening to stumble into these conversations.

And I'm also guessing this isn't your only go 'round here.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 03:40 PM

I'm not going to bother posting you links to the actual data and statistics because its a waste of time, you will just deny or take another angle. You know how to find these things so you aren't actually interested in the info.

We are discussing a very specific narrative and I have no desire to go down some bullshit rabbit hole with you that actually isn't related to what I said.

Have good day.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Naa after a cursory check of your short posting history...you're not just happening to stumble into these conversations.

And I'm also guessing this isn't your only go 'round here.

Holy shit yea I just looked at his/her post history. Wowza.

InChiefsHeaven
06-17-2020, 03:42 PM
I was at a Chiefs game a couple years back when Marcus Peters was playing. During the anthem, somebody noticed he was doing the black power fist thing during the Anthem. This drunk ass "patriot" proceeded to scream "**** you Peters! You suck! **** you!!!!

Mind you, we were sitting in the upper tier...I'm guessing Mr. Peters didn't hear this person...but you know who did? All the little kids sitting in the cheap seats with their parents.

It's like a minute and 15 seconds...just remove your hat (or don't), sing the song if you like (or don't), scream CHIEFS at the end (or don't) and ignore everything else. It'll all be over in one minute and 15 seconds...and there's a kick ass flyover at the end, enjoy that shit (or don't).

Just chill. It's really not a big deal at all.

Bugeater
06-17-2020, 03:46 PM
I was at a Chiefs game a couple years back when Marcus Peters was playing. During the anthem, somebody noticed he was doing the black power fist thing during the Anthem. This drunk ass "patriot" proceeded to scream "**** you Peters! You suck! **** you!!!!

Mind you, we were sitting in the upper tier...I'm guessing Mr. Peters didn't hear this person...but you know who did? All the little kids sitting in the cheap seats with their parents.

It's like a minute and 15 seconds...just remove your hat (or don't), sing the song if you like (or don't), scream CHIEFS at the end (or don't) and ignore everything else. It'll all be over in one minute and 15 seconds...and there's a kick ass flyover at the end, enjoy that shit (or don't).

Just chill. It's really not a big deal at all.Seems some people just look for things to be outraged about. Life's too damn short to spend it that way.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 03:49 PM
Seems some people just look for things to be outraged about. Life's too damn short to spend it that way.

I don't agree with the kneeling and think getting outraged about it is silly.

But its also wrong to fail to understand why some people get offended by it as well.

mkp785
06-17-2020, 03:53 PM

I'm not going to bother posting you links to the actual data and statistics because its a waste of time, you will just deny or take another angle. You know how to find these things so you aren't actually interested in the info.

We are discussing a very specific narrative and I have no desire to go down some bullshit rabbit hole with you that actually isn't related to what I said.

Have good day.

So you post that you have stats backing up your statements about how all of this BLM stuff is fake news and people are lying and police racism/killings aren't real, that means you have info for everyone. I asked you to back that up with that info. You are now backtracking and saying that I'm making things up and that above quote is also fake news correct? Cool story bro :thumb:

Chief Pagan
06-17-2020, 04:15 PM

Because one is a deliberately political statement that caused some orange dude to go on a crazy Twitter rant that fired up his followers.

The other is rowdy fans getting rowdy.

:shrug:

Titty Meat
06-17-2020, 04:51 PM
Marcellus has a black friend

ThaVirus
06-17-2020, 04:55 PM

Just chill. It's really not a big deal at all.

Good post. Reminds me of that douche in Green Bay who shouted out "Muslims suck!" during a moment of silence.. just don't.

HolyHandgernade
06-17-2020, 05:04 PM
As far as I'm concerned, intent is the deciding factor in whether something is appropriate. People cry "Chiefs" at the end as a show of unity to support and fire up their team. No disrespect towards the flag, military or anthem is intended.

Players kneel to draw attention towards a cause they believe in and feel needs a larger audience to take note of. No disrespect towards the flag, military or anthem is intended.

So, if one is offended, the offense is something one has decided to create for their own purpose. If opposing fans say "that's disrespectful" when Arrowhead yells "CHIEFS!", that's a feeling they chose to have so as to create a narrative they feel justifies their outrage.

There's no flag code against kneeling. There's nothing that says kneeling is even a sign of disrespect. In fact, its most often viewed as a symbol of deference or hurting. If one chooses to create an alternate narrative for that, that's their issue.

jdubya
06-17-2020, 05:06 PM
“Home of the Chiefs” to finish the Anthem is gay.....just saying

Why not go with a chorus of “Chiefs” a moment after the anthem is finished?

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 05:19 PM
So you post that you have stats backing up your statements about how all of this BLM stuff is fake news and people are lying and police racism/killings aren't real, that means you have info for everyone. I asked you to back that up with that info. You are now backtracking and saying that I'm making things up and that above quote is also fake news correct? Cool story bro :thumb:

No that’s not remotely what I said in my reply but you just proved my reply as spot on accurate.

Marcellus
06-17-2020, 05:20 PM
Interesting read from Whitlock. Well worth a few minutes of your time.

https://outkick.com/liberals-are-right-their-silence-is-violence/

cosmo20002
06-17-2020, 05:25 PM

If people were really being honest, they would say, "Yeah, changing the words of the national anthem--especially the word "brave" to my favorite team--is kind of disrespectful, but I don't care because it sounds cool and it's our thing."

The same people would be pissed if we didn't do it and the Colts did.

Spott
06-17-2020, 05:27 PM
No that’s not remotely what I said in my reply but you just proved my reply as spot on accurate.

I just assumed that the post must have been from another thread because I didn’t see any post of yours on here that said anything to that effect.

New World Order
06-17-2020, 05:28 PM
Flag supposedly stands for freedom which they’re apparently kneeling against.

Kind of a head scratcher when you think about it

PAChiefsGuy
06-17-2020, 05:36 PM

Right. It's disrespectful. There are many other ways to protest

TwistedChief
06-17-2020, 05:37 PM
It’s shocking how many people continue to not understand this and want to make it into a moral issue, right or wrong, or one of players kneeling having their political views silenced.

Most people understand freedom of speech refers to the government, but for some reason can’t apply the same logic to protesting on your employers time.

And just in the same way, that employer has the ability to terminate you if you're doing things on 'company time' that interfere with the economics. And that's America!

Kaepernick hasn't had a job in the NFL because he kneeled. And now, all NFL owners are well within their rights to release players that kneel. So, where's the disconnect? If they want to protest on 'company time' and if their employer finds that objectionable and wants to fire them, they have every legal right to. At-will employment at its finest.

The problem here is that the players have implicitly unionized over a social issue and now it's them - rather than the owners - who hold all the cards. And it's difficult for a lot of people to comprehend that these black athletes hold more power than the billionaire owners and don't need to bend to the will of some of the fanbase that just wants to watch football. It's called "leverage."

Bob McNair of the "we can't have the inmates running the prison" fame is rolling over in his grave.

ThaVirus
06-17-2020, 06:10 PM
Right. It's disrespectful. There are many other ways to protest

Like coming out pregame with your hands up? Wearing "I can't breathe" t-shirts? Mass gatherings?

BWillie
06-17-2020, 06:12 PM

I think its ok to do both. If you wanna sit, stand, lay down during the anthem fine with me. Its the protesting at work thing that I dont understand.

Work is not for protests. Protest on your own time.

Personally I wish they would just get rid of the anthem before the game altogether. Just a waste of time.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-17-2020, 06:20 PM
That's alot of income tax dollars on that field

TwistedChief
06-17-2020, 06:23 PM
I think its ok to do both. If you wanna sit, stand, lay down during the anthem fine with me. Its the protesting at work thing that I dont understand.

Work is not for protests. Protest on your own time.

Personally I wish they would just get rid of the anthem before the game altogether. Just a waste of time.

Hypothetical: instead of protesting during the anthem, NFL players were all taking a knee in their homes for 5 minutes the Tuesday after the game at 8pm EST and posting video of it on their social media feeds. Would most of the country care? Would this truly get in anyone's face who didn't want to view it? Of course not. Those who just view them as athletes and don't care about their political beliefs would ignore it.

Doing it during the anthem gets in your face. It gets your attention. That's the point whether you agree with it or not.

I would love to watch football and not have to deal with anything else. It's my escape. But my feeling is that the players who genuinely put their health on the line with each hit have more of a right to express their views in whatever venue they choose than we as football fans have a right to watch the game free of hearing said views.

And answering the original question, I fucking love "Home of the Chiefs." It's even better doing it on the road.

HemiEd
06-17-2020, 08:01 PM
Until the people who fought and died for our our country say its offensive to them, we are going to keep doing it and............... we are going to keep doing the chop too.

BRC that might be pretty difficult

Chief Pagan
06-17-2020, 08:48 PM
And just in the same way, that employer has the ability to terminate you if you're doing things on 'company time' that interfere with the economics. And that's America!

Kaepernick hasn't had a job in the NFL because he kneeled. And now, all NFL owners are well within their rights to release players that kneel. So, where's the disconnect? If they want to protest on 'company time' and if their employer finds that objectionable and wants to fire them, they have every legal right to. At-will employment at its finest.

If thats your argument than the government should use anti trust legislation to break up the NFL cartel .

Oxford
06-17-2020, 09:23 PM

The FLAG is a symbol of our nation. There is flag etiquette, a way the flag is to be folded, a way it is to be displayed, a light is to be shown on it at all times during the night etc. The national anthem has none of that. Now I'm not a great fan of changing the word from ", Brave" to "Chiefs" BUT I think it is far more disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. I think that it would be better to shout "Chiefs" after the last strains of the anthem fade.

Why? We stand before the flag as Americans, with a unique political system that does not grant us rights, it defines the limits to which government can intrude upon our GOD given rights. Parliamentary systems grant rights from the government, in much the same way as socialist, communist and facist systems do, although the systems differ in terms of control.

If you know history you know that the flag during battle was always protected from the enemy, a flag being struck indicated defeat or surrender. By showing the proper honor to the flag we show that we are in agreement with the goals of our system, even with all of its limitations, and that we acknowledge there is no better system on the face of the earth, and that all of us must work every day to make our system better.

Does that mean that we haven't had terrible times, done terrible things, that we are turning a blind eye to our problems..... NO. It just means that as Americans we know that we can (and will) do better, but it takes the entire nation as a team to make our system work.

Government CANNOT change the human heart, that is the providence of the creator. Our laws are there to protect all of us (in the only way MAN can attempt this).

Sport is a particularly bad time for protest as we are there to honor and marvel at the accomplishments of the athletes we watch, not to be preached to by people wanting to "virtue signal" how "enlightened" they are compared to us.

BigRedChief
06-17-2020, 09:36 PM
BRC that might be pretty difficult
I see my mistake now. :shake:

Anyway I communicate with a shit ton of vets. Friends with many. I trust them to tell me straight. No PC BS in any of them in private.

eDave
06-17-2020, 09:41 PM
The FLAG is a symbol of our nation. There is flag etiquette, a way the flag is to be folded, a way it is to be displayed, a light is to be shown on it at all times during the night etc. The national anthem has none of that. Now I'm not a great fan of changing the word from ", Brave" to "Chiefs" BUT I think it is far more disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. I think that it would be better to shout "Chiefs" after the last strains of the anthem fade.

Why? We stand before the flag as Americans, with a unique political system that does not grant us rights, it defines the limits to which government can intrude upon our GOD given rights. Parliamentary systems grant rights from the government, in much the same way as socialist, communist and facist systems do, although the systems differ in terms of control.

If you know history you know that the flag during battle was always protected from the enemy, a flag being struck indicated defeat or surrender. By showing the proper honor to the flag we show that we are in agreement with the goals of our system, even with all of its limitations, and that we acknowledge there is no better system on the face of the earth, and that all of us must work every day to make our system better.

Does that mean that we haven't had terrible times, done terrible things, that we are turning a blind eye to our problems..... NO. It just means that as Americans we know that we can (and will) do better, but it takes the entire nation as a team to make our system work.

Government CANNOT change the human heart, that is the providence of the creator. Our laws are there to protect all of us (in the only way MAN can attempt this).

Sport is a particularly bad time for protest as we are there to honor and marvel at the accomplishments of the athletes we watch, not to be preached to by people wanting to "virtue signal" how "enlightened" they are compared to us.

Finally got your fucking attention, didn't it? Why anyone thought this would go away simply by ignoring the issue, while screaming fuck you the whole time, is perplexing. Reap what you have sewn and save some of your scorn for those changing the flag to black, white, and blue.

chiefzilla1501
06-17-2020, 11:02 PM

If the flag stands for freedom then it protects the right to protest freely by taking a knee for the anthem. The bigger head scratcher is those who believe they should not be afforded that freedom. If that's the angle you're taking with this.

ChiefsFanatic
06-17-2020, 11:32 PM

I personally think changing the words is far more disrespectful.How about the people who claim that kneeling disrespects the American flag, but who also fly the confederate flag. By flying the confederate flag they pay homage to soldiers who fought in a war against the United States and the same flag they claim is being disrespected by the kneeling.

What's more disrespectful, practicing your 1st Amendment rights that are protected by the constitution, or celebrating an army that killed thousands of U.S. soldiers?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

TwistedChief
06-18-2020, 12:01 AM
If thats your argument than the government should use anti trust legislation to break up the NFL cartel .

Yeah, because players peacefully kneeling for social justice demands a government response. That seems logical.

srvy
06-18-2020, 12:11 AM
How about the people who claim that kneeling disrespects the American flag, but who also fly the confederate flag. By flying the confederate flag they pay homage to soldiers who fought in a war against the United States and the same flag they claim is being disrespected by the kneeling.

What's more disrespectful, practicing your 1st Amendment rights that are protected by the constitution, or celebrating an army that killed thousands of U.S. soldiers?

This virtue-signaling moved me.

https://media.giphy.com/media/rJ6qi2r6P7vLG/giphy.gif
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/WeeGlumIndianpalmsquirrel-size_restricted.gif
https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-04-2015/aRqBcN.gif

ChiefsFanatic
06-18-2020, 12:26 AM
Yeah, because players peacefully kneeling for social justice demands a government response. That seems logical.Forced patriotism is a hallmark of fascism and dictators. There is no law, statute, or ordinance that requires people to stand during the national anthem.

But, the 1st Amendment is part of the constitution. It is protected by law.

Yet, these people who choose to condemn the kneeling believe they are being a better American than the people who support athletes practicing their constitutionally protected rights. It's just baffling to me, and that's why I feel like race is the real underlying issue.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 12:31 AM
The same people supporting the kneelers saying it is not disrespectful to the flag, vets, or the anthem- also support groups that burn the flag, desecrate vet memorials and stay silent when police are getting assassinated in the street.

ChiefsFanatic
06-18-2020, 12:36 AM
The same people supporting the kneelers saying it is not disrespectful to the flag, vets, or the anthem- also support groups that burn the flag, desecrate vet memorials and stay silent when police are getting assassinated in the street.

That's just more of the "But Hillary...... But Obama...... But..... But...." excuse making to justify crap behavior and thinly veiled racism.

MMXcalibur
06-18-2020, 12:48 AM

I wish I pelt your stupid ass with a bushel of apples and oranges.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 12:50 AM
That's just more of the "But Hillary...... But Obama...... But..... But...." excuse making to justify crap behavior and thinly veiled racism.

It is called the truth. Look around at the pics from the "peaceful" protestors. Destroying vet memorials and gravesites.

BLM does not care about the betterment of African Americans- they care about enriching their own bank accounts at the expense of black neighborhoods that are being destroyed.

Players kneeling are making it about themselves during a moment when everyone is dedicating that time to pay respect to this country and the vets who fought for it. If they really cared about the black community- they would be helping rebuild all the black-owned businesses burned down by BLM and their urban terrorist cohorts. They have the financial means to do so- but instead- are doing nothing but enabling the very people who are the problem with this country.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 12:57 AM
When the guy came out and specifically explained that that was not his intention, then explained it all in full, I tended to believe him.

And no, we don't support any of that other stuff. wtf?

Yes, you do Dave- every day on this forum you support the same ones destroying communities.

Whatever the keeling was supposed to accomplish, it has been hijacked by others that don't give a shit about anything but power.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 01:03 AM
I wish I pelt your stupid ass with a bushel of apples and oranges.

So you like to throw things huh? Maybe, like bricks through windows and at cops?

eDave
06-18-2020, 01:05 AM
Yes, you do Dave- every day on this forum you support the same ones destroying communities.

Whatever the keeling was supposed to accomplish, it has been hijacked by others that don't give a shit about anything but power.

No. I've been consistent with I wish it didn't have to come to this.

ChiefsFanatic
06-18-2020, 01:07 AM
It is called the truth. Look around at the pics from the "peaceful" protestors. Destroying vet memorials and gravesites.

BLM does not care about the betterment of African Americans- they care about enriching their own bank accounts at the expense of black neighborhoods that are being destroyed.

Players kneeling are making it about themselves during a moment when everyone is dedicating that time to pay respect to this country and the vets who fought for it. If they really cared about the black community- they would be helping rebuild all the black-owned businesses burned down by BLM and their urban terrorist cohorts. They have the financial means to do so- but instead- are doing nothing but enabling the very people who are the problem with this country.Again, no. The overwhelmingly vast majority of protests have been peaceful, and it has been the police and other law enforcement agencies that have escalated the situation with unnecessary violence.

Saying the BLM movement is all about rioting and looting is still just more of the same excuse making for the abhorrent and vile actions of the police who have attacked peaceful protests, and the inherent racism of the people who oppose the BLM movement.

There have been cameras, belonging to the media, and individuals, that have captured dozens and dozens of instances of police attacking peaceful protesters. If there was video of protesters attacking police who were peacefully just standing in place, Fox News would be playing that shit on a loop.

Oh, there was video evidence of protesters trying to incite violence against police officers standing still, but those protesters were white, and armed with assault rifles.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 01:11 AM
No. I've been consistent with I wish it didn't have to come to this.

Yeah, me neither. I simply can't support, flag burners, looters, rioters, BLM-because they destroy more black lives than they help- vet graves and memorials being destroyed, and guys like Marcus Peters, who rides a bike with his back to his team and the vets on the field carrying our flag.

eDave
06-18-2020, 01:17 AM
Yeah, me neither. I simply can't support, flag burners, looters, rioters, BLM-because they destroy more black lives than they help- vet graves and memorials being destroyed, and guys like Marcus Peters, who rides a bike with his back to his team and the vets on the field carrying our flag.

Cool.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 01:20 AM
Again, no. The overwhelmingly vast majority of protests have been peaceful, and it has been the police and other law enforcement agencies that have escalated the situation with unnecessary violence.

Saying the BLM movement is all about rioting and looting is still just more of the same excuse making for the abhorrent and vile actions of the police who have attacked peaceful protests, and the inherent racism of the people who oppose the BLM movement.

There have been cameras, belonging to the media, and individuals, that have captured dozens and dozens of instances of police attacking peaceful protesters. If there was video of protesters attacking police who were peacefully just standing in place, Fox News would be playing that shit on a loop.

Oh, there was video evidence of protesters trying to incite violence against police officers standing still, but those protesters were white, and armed with assault rifles.

Oh yes- the "peaceful protest" narrative again. Does that mean the ones standing in front of the police while their partners throw bags of piss and bricks at the cops from behind? Or are you talking about the ones blocking streets so fire trucks can't get through after arsonist burned down Minneapolis? When you are marching in solidarity with a group- you are all responsible for what is happening to these communities.

Where were the guys from BLM the next day- were they helping all the black folks that had their businesses looted and burned- no, not even close. They did nothing but facilitate the destruction. But don't take my word for it- watch all the videos of black citizens telling them to please leave.

BigCatDaddy
06-18-2020, 05:42 AM
Halfcan kicking whole ass in this thread. Well done.

Meatloaf
06-18-2020, 07:34 AM
Halfcan kicking whole ass in this thread. Well done.

Definitely. Double dittos.

penguinz
06-18-2020, 07:37 AM
As far as I'm concerned, intent is the deciding factor in whether something is appropriate. People cry "Chiefs" at the end as a show of unity to support and fire up their team. No disrespect towards the flag, military or anthem is intended.

Players kneel to draw attention towards a cause they believe in and feel needs a larger audience to take note of. No disrespect towards the flag, military or anthem is intended.

So, if one is offended, the offense is something one has decided to create for their own purpose. If opposing fans say "that's disrespectful" when Arrowhead yells "CHIEFS!", that's a feeling they chose to have so as to create a narrative they feel justifies their outrage.

There's no flag code against kneeling. There's nothing that says kneeling is even a sign of disrespect. In fact, its most often viewed as a symbol of deference or hurting. If one chooses to create an alternate narrative for that, that's their issue.This is by far the best post in this thread.

SuperBowl4
06-18-2020, 07:58 AM
I usually skip the NA and start heading for the entrance after it ends. If they had frisbee dogs instead I might go in earlier.

Mecca
06-18-2020, 08:24 AM
Aligning yourself with Halfcan on pretty much any topic is basically like going man look at comochief just kicking everyone's ass...

Then you realize the history of that persons posts and have to evaluate if you picked the wrong side.

bobhill
06-18-2020, 08:24 AM
Ok ��

Shaid
06-18-2020, 08:25 AM
Yea, there'd probably be video or something like that.

LMAO

Lzen
06-18-2020, 08:45 AM

One question: how are people who died doing to say it's offensive if they're dead? :spock:

Lzen
06-18-2020, 08:51 AM

Personally, I think the kneeling is disrespectful but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. It's a free country.

But as to your point about veterans, my FIL and stepdad both say it is offensive to them. My stepdad was in the Navy. My FIL was at Ft. Riley and did a tour in 'Nam. He was a big football fan and loved his Chiefs. Still, he hasn't watched the NFL since the whole kneeling business started. This is a man who came back from Vietnam with a lot of nightmares. Just because you have not come across anyone does not mean there aren't vets who do care.

Edit: I just realized that your last part was specifically talking about singing the Home Of the Chiefs. I was conflating the two. My mistake. But it is still a go

BigRedChief
06-18-2020, 12:03 PM
Personally, I think the kneeling is disrespectful but I'm not going to make a big deal out of it. It's a free country.

But as to your point about veterans, my FIL and stepdad both say it is offensive to them. My stepdad was in the Navy. My FIL was at Ft. Riley and did a tour in 'Nam. He was a big football fan and loved his Chiefs. Still, he hasn't watched the NFL since the whole kneeling business started. This is a man who came back from Vietnam with a lot of nightmares. Just because you have not come across anyone does not mean there aren't vets who do care.

Edit: I just realized that your last part was specifically talking about singing the Home Of the Chiefs. I was conflating the two. My mistake. But it is still a goyeah, I don't remember ever talking about or even discussing the kneeling issue with vets. I was strictly discussing the "Chiefs" anthem part. We all good. :thumb:

BigRedChief
06-18-2020, 12:12 PM
BRC that might be pretty difficultI see my mistake now. :shake:

Anyway I communicate with a shit ton of vets. Friends with many. I trust them to tell me straight. No PC BS in any of them in private.

One question: how are people who died doing to say it's offensive if they're dead? :spock:your late to the party pile on pal.:p

mr. tegu
06-18-2020, 01:44 PM
Again, no. The overwhelmingly vast majority of protests have been peaceful, and it has been the police and other law enforcement agencies that have escalated the situation with unnecessary violence.

What about the inherent racism of people that support BLM?

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 02:08 PM

National anthems are just stupid tunes for people who worship the State.

As dumb as this whole CV crap is. It was twice as stupid debating whether standing for a stupid anthem ment anything important.

My being/identity is not defined by the country I was born in.

America does not speak for me. I do not need it's approval to exist .

National anthems are meaningless symbolic drivel

Sorce
06-18-2020, 02:22 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ePQ9_re7f1A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HayWire
06-18-2020, 02:30 PM
National anthems are just stupid tunes for people who worship the State. (Interesting take, you're entitled to your opionion)

As dumb as this whole CV crap is. It was twice as stupid debating whether standing for a stupid anthem ment anything important. (Don't think debating the anthem is necessarily "stupid", but again you're entitled to your opionion)

My being/identity is not defined by the country I was born in. (I agree with this point....we are who we are regardless)

America does not speak for me. I do not need it's approval to exist . (Agree again too. Only ironic part is America allows you to not need the approval of America. Kind of a catch 22 on this one.)

National anthems are meaningless symbolic drivel (This would be your opinion, others might agree with it if you take out meaningless and drivel "National anthems are meaningless symbolic drivel"

Good day, sir

Titty Meat
06-18-2020, 02:37 PM
I used to tailgate with my neighbors before Bill O'Reily would come on if any of you doubted how much I love this country.

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 02:37 PM
America does not speak for me. I do not need it's approval to exist . (Agree again too. Only ironic part is America allows you to not need the approval of America. Kind of a catch 22 on this one.)

no, America has told all of us we need its approval to do almost anything. Taxes define that. Pointless intrusive laws define that. Sendin men into war against their will ,defines that.
people letting govt tell them to stay home and not work, defines that.

penguinz
06-18-2020, 02:41 PM
no, America has told all of us we need its approval to do almost anything. Taxes define that. Pointless intrusive laws define that. Sendin men into war against their will ,defines that.
You are a piece of shit.

HayWire
06-18-2020, 02:52 PM
no, America has told all of us we need its approval to do almost anything. Confused by this can you explain?
Taxes define that. Was this meant as part of the first sentence? I do pay taxes happily. I also drive on roads, use public facilities, and other options that are openly available to me.
Pointless intrusive laws define that. Sendin men into war against their will ,defines that. I do have to admit this one is a head scratcher. 1973 was the last time someone was sent to war "against their will"
Forcing people to stay home and not work is a bit iffy. I'm not working because of all of this shit so I'm still in the gray area. At the same time my family and I are healthy and happy at the moment but I've lost some too.

All in all it's always a good day to be alive.

Good day, sir.

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 03:41 PM
You are a piece of shit.

i'm absolutely correct. youve been a slave since birth. they just upped the ante

HayWire
06-18-2020, 04:06 PM
Time to bail on this before it goes even further South.

Send it to DC where it can be nurtured into a beautiful discussion on the pros and cons of our universe.

penguinz
06-18-2020, 04:27 PM
i'm absolutely correct. youve been a slave since birth. they just upped the ante

You are far from correct and if you had any working brain cells you would realize it.

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 04:50 PM
You are far from correct and if you had any working brain cells you would realize it.

in other words you cant defend your position, so you resort to insults. America is corporation and youve been nothing but a taxed worker bee for it, since your birth.
you just want your beer and your sports derp. and they just took away your sports. viva la liberty.....yeah...

jdubya
06-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Back to subject. I dont care what people sing but singing the last line, "home of the chiefs" just doesnt roll off the tongue and has always sounded idiotic and embarrassing. Insert any team name and it sounds just as absurd except.......well.....the braves lol. Atlanta can pull it off I think ;)

Bugeater
06-18-2020, 06:15 PM
i'm absolutely correct. youve been a slave since birth. they just upped the anteDo you have any friends....or people that actually speak with you in real life?

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 08:43 PM
Do you have any friends....or people that actually speak with you in real life?

Very Many. My personal views have nothing to do with friendships.

Forum text has nothing to do with personal interactions

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 08:46 PM
Back to subject. I dont care what people sing but singing the last line, "home of the chiefs" just doesnt roll off the tongue and has always sounded idiotic and embarrassing. Insert any team name and it sounds just as absurd except.......well.....the braves lol. Atlanta can pull it off I think ;)

Well, this land was originally inhabited by native indians before people came and killed them ,to own th3 land.
So, home of the Chiefs is actually a little closer to the truth.

Bugeater
06-18-2020, 09:03 PM
Very Many. My personal views have nothing to do with friendships.

Forum text has nothing to do with personal interactionsOh, so you're just a big phony when you're around them. Got it.

eDave
06-18-2020, 09:08 PM
Oh, so you're just a big phony when you're around them. Got it.

One thing I never do it talk politics IRL. None of my close friends do either. Phoenix crew has never heard any.

Bugeater
06-18-2020, 09:13 PM
One thing I never do it talk politics IRL. None of my close friends do either. Phoenix crew has never heard any.There's a big difference between politics and the nutter stuff he never stops talking about here.

eDave
06-18-2020, 09:26 PM
There's a big difference between politics and the nutter stuff he never stops talking about here.

For sure. I'm just illustrating that things expressed here don't represent our IRL selves.

OnTheWarpath15
06-18-2020, 09:29 PM
Live look at a LOT of posters here when Mahomes and most/all of his teammates kneel next year:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/MyzfERo9SqG1G/giphy.gif

stumppy
06-18-2020, 09:52 PM
Live look at a LOT of posters here when Mahomes and most/all of his teammates kneel next year:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/MyzfERo9SqG1G/giphy.gif

ROFL

Ain't that the truth.

eDave
06-18-2020, 09:55 PM
ROFL

Ain't that the truth.

They will all swear not to watch and we will all know they are full of shit because boycotting one of your favorite things over this is really really dumb.
Like last time.

stumppy
06-18-2020, 10:02 PM
They will all swear not to watch and we will all know they are full of shit because boycotting one of your favorite things over this is really really dumb.
Like last time.

Or they'll come up with some kind of twisted narrative that absolves them of anything they have said in the past about watching.

CarlosCarson27
06-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Oh, so you're just a big phony when you're around them. Got it.

Critical thought is not your strong point.
No, my point is ,I have intelligent friends who don't judge friendship based on social political views. Youre admitting you need to fake it to have your FAKE friendships.

Go along to get along because you can't think for yourself. And I bet you think you have an open mind...?

I don't lie. I'm the least phony. You need to believe in phony, to feel.safe.

SuperBowl4
06-18-2020, 10:50 PM
You are a piece of shit.ROFL

SuperBowl4
06-18-2020, 10:55 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/MyzfERo9SqG1G/giphy.gifIf that happens I'm DONE with the NFL and their "platform". Sick of the whole paid military propaganda to the NFL and all the political BS that the NFL gets into. It's a F'n game and they are ruining it with this Social Justice BS. This whole COVID-19 is a F'n joke. How many people do you know who have died from this "invisible enemy"? It's ridiculous. I'm not wearing a F'n mask to a game. You can stick you Mask up your ask!

redshirt32
06-18-2020, 10:59 PM
The word chiefs hurts me, got to go next......

DaFace
06-18-2020, 11:15 PM
If that happens I'm DONE with the NFL and their "platform". Sick of the whole paid military propaganda to the NFL and all the political BS that the NFL gets into. It's a F'n game and they are ruining it with this Social Justice BS. This whole COVID-19 is a F'n joke. How many people do you know who have died from this "invisible enemy"? It's ridiculous. I'm not wearing a F'n mask to a game. You can stick you Mask up your ask!Well, LiveSteam lost his mom to it. So there's that.

Oxford
06-19-2020, 05:32 AM
Finally got your ****ing attention, didn't it? Why anyone thought this would go away simply by ignoring the issue, while screaming **** you the whole time, is perplexing. Reap what you have sewn and save some of your scorn for those changing the flag to black, white, and blue.

Sown? What has been sown? What issue are you talking about?

Oxford
06-19-2020, 05:53 AM

Going to war (or the possibility of war) was a choice for many of us. Honor and respect to those who went (against their will), the same honor and respect goes to the CO's, they thought it was their duty. To those who had a choice, and decided not to, thats fine too. Many of us had the choice and decided to go.

For those of you who try to rewrite history to benefit your own political point of view, I say :cuss:. Oh and by the way, stop blaming people who never owned slaves for slavery, just blame the tribal chieftains of Africa and the Arabs, that is who taught the europeans about the black gold in Africa

penguinz
06-19-2020, 10:15 AM
in other words you cant defend your position, so you resort to insults. America is corporation and youve been nothing but a taxed worker bee for it, since your birth.
you just want your beer and your sports derp. and they just took away your sports. viva la liberty.....yeah...

You are not worth the energy to put more thought behind responding to. You have zero clue and think you are smarter than everyone.

Fish
06-19-2020, 10:30 AM
LMAO..... :evil:

EDIT: This is fake

https://i.imgur.com/5YvgsWW.jpg

stumppy
06-19-2020, 10:48 AM
LMAO..... :evil:

https://i.imgur.com/5YvgsWW.jpg

ROFL

I hope that's real.

Dayze
06-19-2020, 11:29 AM
Personally, I think it's disrespectful. But that's basically where it ends with me. You do you. I'm not going to dishonor myself or my service by doing it; or by pretending like what they're doing doesn't bother me. But like it said...that's where it ends. I'm not going to get all up in arms about it. Just a personal thing for me, and no amount of virtue signaling from the media, Facebook, NFL, etc is going to change it.

However, on the note / assumption that the kneelers 'don't mean it as any disrespect"....BS. That absolutely do. that's why they're doing it because they know it will cause all kinds of controversy / draw attention to it.

Shaid
06-19-2020, 11:32 AM
Wow

Mecca
06-19-2020, 11:35 AM
If that happens I'm DONE with the NFL and their "platform". Sick of the whole paid military propaganda to the NFL and all the political BS that the NFL gets into. It's a F'n game and they are ruining it with this Social Justice BS. This whole COVID-19 is a F'n joke. How many people do you know who have died from this "invisible enemy"? It's ridiculous. I'm not wearing a F'n mask to a game. You can stick you Mask up your ask!

Well that is your deal, don't get upset when the rest of us don't care that your soapbox is more important than watching a team that has been shit for 50 years reach it's apex.

If that is what you value, by all means, but don't cry in your oatmeal about it. Just seems pretty laughable to me that people who watched Matt Cassel play Qb will walk away because of kneeling, what a bunch of bitches.

Pablo
06-19-2020, 11:46 AM
Well that is your deal, don't get upset when the rest of us don't care that your soapbox is more important than watching a team that has been shit for 50 years reach it's apex.

If that is what you value, by all means, but don't cry in your oatmeal about it. Just seems pretty laughable to me that people who watched Matt Cassel play Qb will walk away because of kneeling, what a bunch of bitches.

If it means they'll walk away from watching it and posting on a Kansas City Chiefs message board then we're all gonna win bigly.

Mecca
06-19-2020, 11:51 AM
If it means they'll walk away from watching it and posting on a Kansas City Chiefs message board then we're all gonna win bigly.

Well that is a solid point as well, but we all know what it really means. It means they'll stop posting on this side of the forum, they'll still know exactly how the season is going even though they "don't care". And they'll continue to sign up for the daily klan rally over in the sub forum.

Bugeater
06-19-2020, 12:09 PM
ROFL

I hope that's real.Unfortunately, it's an image and not an actual embedded tweet, so there's a high probability it's fake.

BigRedChief
06-19-2020, 12:11 PM
If that happens I'm DONE with the NFL and their "platform". Sick of the whole paid military propaganda to the NFL and all the political BS that the NFL gets into. It's a F'n game and they are ruining it with this Social Justice BS. This whole COVID-19 is a F'n joke. How many people do you know who have died from this "invisible enemy"? It's ridiculous. I'm not wearing a F'n mask to a game. You can stick you Mask up your ask!

Well, LiveSteam lost his mom to it. So there's that.Add another Planeteer who lost their Dad to the count. Its not been posted about on here so I'm not outing them here. But, thats two on here who lost a parent. I know 7 people IRL that have lost a elderly family member to Covid-19. If it hasn't got personal for you yet SuperBowl4 great, hope it never does.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-19-2020, 12:15 PM
That's not mole activity over fred phelps grave. boing

BigRedChief
06-19-2020, 12:16 PM
ROFL

I hope that's real.Its not. I follow him. Nothing on his timeline. But still, I agree, funny as hell.:thumb:

stumppy
06-19-2020, 12:18 PM
Unfortunately, it's an image and not an actual embedded tweet, so there's a high probability it's fake.

Yea, realized that after I posted.

ThaVirus
06-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Personally, I think it's disrespectful. But that's basically where it ends with me. You do you. I'm not going to dishonor myself or my service by doing it; or by pretending like what they're doing doesn't bother me. But like it said...that's where it ends. I'm not going to get all up in arms about it. Just a personal thing for me, and no amount of virtue signaling from the media, Facebook, NFL, etc is going to change it.

However, on the note / assumption that the kneelers 'don't mean it as any disrespect"....BS. That absolutely do. that's why they're doing it because they know it will cause all kinds of controversy / draw attention to it.

You don't like it but it's not that big of a deal. That's fair enough.

Apparently Kaep began his protest by just sitting on the bench during the anthem, but he spoke to a veteran who said it would be a better idea to kneel as a sign of respect for service members. Does that change anything for you?

CarlosCarson27
06-19-2020, 04:35 PM
You are not worth the energy to put more thought behind responding to. You have zero clue and think you are smarter than everyone.

you don't because you cant. I've obviously already proven you're intellectually inferior.

please big daddy govt, please tell me what to do and how to think.

BigCatDaddy
06-19-2020, 04:39 PM
You know what would cause them to quit kneeling during the anthem? Nobody giving a shit if they do. It's like children crying for attention.

Dayze
06-19-2020, 07:38 PM
You don't like it but it's not that big of a deal. That's fair enough.

Apparently Kaep began his protest by just sitting on the bench during the anthem, but he spoke to a veteran who said it would be a better idea to kneel as a sign of respect for service members. Does that change anything for you?

Honestly, I’ve sort of gone back and forth on it. On one hand I get it, but other times it irks me. But, not as much as when it first started happening. When I take time to think about big picture...the flag represents the freedom to do A thing that irritates me. So I have to remind myself of that from time to time.

I dunno. Hard to explain my feelings on it I guess.

Pablo
06-19-2020, 08:03 PM
You know what would cause them to quit kneeling during the anthem? Nobody giving a shit if they do. It's like children crying for attention.

Go ahead and start then.

BigCatDaddy
06-19-2020, 08:49 PM
Go ahead and start then.

That's actually where I am evolving to. Let them pout and everyone go on with our lives with business as usual. Nothing happens and they pick some other method of attention whoring.

emaw1979
06-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Colin Kaepernick: "I won't stand to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people"

For anyone saying it has nothing to do with the flag. Regardless, I want nothing to do with the NFL if they choose to kneel or sit during the National Anthem. Owners would be wise to either have the players stay in the locker room or stop playing the National Anthem before the game.

There was a recent article that I unfortunately cannot find that referenced kneeling in sports. There was a large poll conducted and the overwhelming majority of fans don't want politics in sports. We use sports and entertainment as a way to get away from reality, to recharge our batteries per se, and when you introduce one of the biggest stressors of our time: Politics and it's going to turn a lot of people off. Sports was one of the best things to come along that actually brings this country together. You look in the stands and there are people from all different walks of life cheering, high fiving, booing together. It's had an overwhelming positive affect on race relations.

Who knows how bad it will affect the ratings but it's going to. This country is tearing apart at the seems and both the right and left have dug in overwhelming into their corners of the political spectrum. Cities are burning down. NYC looks like a warzone with most stores boarded up. Are police going to be security at the games?

COVID 19 and the likely player "protests" are likely going gut these leagues. If I'm a player like Chris Jones I'm signing whatever I can get with the biggest bonus I can get now because it's probably not going to be there next year.

New World Order
06-19-2020, 11:29 PM
That's actually where I am evolving to. Let them pout and everyone go on with our lives with business as usual. Nothing happens and they pick some other method of attention whoring.

Pretty much

Brody Wa
06-20-2020, 12:06 AM
The last time I saw a Chiefs game at Arrowhead was when the Royals beat the Cardinals in the World Series. Unfortunately I didn’t see the World Series parade like the rest of my friends because I didn’t skip school.

UChieffyBugger
06-20-2020, 12:21 AM
It seems like a lot of folks on this thread have a bigger problem with folks kneeling during a song that was WRITTEN BY A SCUMBAG SLAVE OWNER DEVIL than they do with racist police officers KILLING innocent Americans with their guns and chocking methods. But am I surprised? Nope!!...because ignorance and prejudice is a disease that is just ingrained in some folks and it will never leave them even if their favourite team who gives them joy has majority black players and just won them a Superbowl for the first time in fifty years!!..doesn't matter...that ignorance and prejudice will always rule.

crazycoffey
06-20-2020, 12:29 AM
Colin Kaepernick: "I won't stand to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people"

For anyone saying it has nothing to do with the flag. Regardless, I want nothing to do with the NFL if they choose to kneel or sit during the National Anthem. Owners would be wise to either have the players stay in the locker room or stop playing the National Anthem before the game.

There was a recent article that I unfortunately cannot find that referenced kneeling in sports. There was a large poll conducted and the overwhelming majority of fans don't want politics in sports. We use sports and entertainment as a way to get away from reality, to recharge our batteries per se, and when you introduce one of the biggest stressors of our time: Politics and it's going to turn a lot of people off. Sports was one of the best things to come along that actually brings this country together. You look in the stands and there are people from all different walks of life cheering, high fiving, booing together. It's had an overwhelming positive affect on race relations.

Who knows how bad it will affect the ratings but it's going to. This country is tearing apart at the seems and both the right and left have dug in overwhelming into their corners of the political spectrum. Cities are burning down. NYC looks like a warzone with most stores boarded up. Are police going to be security at the games?

COVID 19 and the likely player "protests" are likely going gut these leagues. If I'm a player like Chris Jones I'm signing whatever I can get with the biggest bonus I can get now because it's probably not going to be there next year.

Don’t forget , Kap wore a shirt in bad form, and socks in bad form, his message wasn’t just simply; “blacks have had it bad”. It was; “America is bad”, and too many Americans (of all races) disagreed.

Like it or not, it birthed the idea kneeling is bad, anthem or not; and lost the idea Kap probably wanted to start.

UChieffyBugger
06-20-2020, 12:36 AM
Don’t forget , Kap wore a shirt in bad form, and socks in bad form, his message wasn’t just simply; “blacks have had it bad”. It was; “America is bad”, and too many Americans (of all races) disagreed.

Like it or not, it birthed the idea kneeling is bad, anthem or not; and lost the idea Kap probably wanted to start.

But Americans supported Kap hence why his jersey sales increased and Nike's stock went UP after they gave him a new deal...the prejudice portion of the country were never gonna support him whether he wore a "bad" shirt/socks or not.

crazycoffey
06-20-2020, 12:37 AM
It seems like a lot of folks on this thread have a bigger problem with folks kneeling during a song that was WRITTEN BY A SCUMBAG SLAVE OWNER DEVIL than they do with racist police officers KILLING innocent Americans with their guns chocking methods. But am I surprised? Nope!!...because ignorance and prejudice is a disease that is just ingrained in some folks and it will never leave them even if their favourite team who gives them joy has majority black players and just won them a Superbowl for the first time in fifty years!!..doesn't matter...that ignorance and prejudice will always rule.

Well, guess what; when the song was written there were slaves all over the world, Black and white.

As far as racist police, well; believe what you want to believe. But more cops were killed last year than blacks or whites were killed by police. And like it or not, all the cop killers got found guilty.

Almost like the law was written to protect the officer of the law over the criminal that can not find compromise in the heat of the moment and just live to fight another day.

crazycoffey
06-20-2020, 12:39 AM
But Americans supported Kap hence why his jersey sales increased and Nike's stock went UP after they gave him a new deal...the prejudice portion of the country were never gonna support him whether he wore a "bad" shirt/socks or not.

Agree to disagree. Stocks do not represent many Americans. And if he sold one jersey before he kneeled, selling thee would look really good

emaw1979
06-20-2020, 01:00 AM
It seems like a lot of folks on this thread have a bigger problem with folks kneeling during a song that was WRITTEN BY A SCUMBAG SLAVE OWNER DEVIL than they do with racist police officers KILLING innocent Americans with their guns chocking methods. But am I surprised? Nope!!...because ignorance and prejudice is a disease that is just ingrained in some folks and it will never leave them even if their favourite team who gives them joy has majority black players and just won them a Superbowl for the first time in fifty years!!..doesn't matter...that ignorance and prejudice will always rule.

Innocent Americans? Racist? Guns chocking methods?

In almost all cases the appropriate level of force is used. The few times a year that it happens the officer is fired and charged (see Minnesota). There is no data backing up your argument in fact it reads the complete opposite. At least 3 studies have disproved the democrat black vote chasing theory. If you want to fix something then look at fixing our citizens. When did it become OK to attack police officers or even resist arrest? When did it become OK to call police officers every name in the book instead of being an adult and treating them with respect like you should any other human being? If you are pulled over, be polite and you have a good shot at not even getting a ticket if the infraction is minor. If your being arrested don't resist and it won't necessitate use of force.

You have a better chance at being struck by lighting than you do being a victim of police excessive force. You have a better chance of having a child sexually assaulted by a teacher than you do being a victim of police excessive force.

This is all about 2020 elections. I'm sorry you can't see it. What Chauvin did was despicable and he will spend significant time in prison. You won't find a cop that wasn't disgusted by his actions.

Baby Lee
06-20-2020, 01:08 AM

That doesn't negate the narrative of Kaep disliking America, it just means that America has provided people with enough privilege and freedom to express their dislike for America by buying an expensive jersey of someone not even in the league.

Not that different from a teenager burning rubber on their new car out of the driveway to express what an asshole their parents are.

eDave
06-20-2020, 01:37 AM

These are always amusing.

Just do what BCD and NWO are going to do. Ignor them, ignor the issue, and continue your complicity with what's happening in those cities. It's way less melodramatic and you can watch football, which I suspect you will do anyway. And cease with the flag bullshit as nobody is buying it. Choosing not to accept Kaps explanation and clarification tells everyone your mindset isn't about that at all.

UChieffyBugger
06-20-2020, 01:42 AM
Innocent Americans? Racist? Guns chocking methods?

In almost all cases the appropriate level of force is used. The few times a year that it happens the officer is fired and charged (see Minnesota). There is no data backing up your argument in fact it reads the complete opposite. At least 3 studies have disproved the democrat black vote chasing theory. If you want to fix something then look at fixing our citizens. When did it become OK to attack police officers or even resist arrest? When did it become OK to call police officers every name in the book instead of being an adult and treating them with respect like you should any other human being? If you are pulled over, be polite and you have a good shot at not even getting a ticket if the infraction is minor. If your being arrested don't resist and it won't necessitate use of force.

You have a better chance at being struck by lighting than you do being a victim of police excessive force. You have a better chance of having a child sexually assaulted by a teacher than you do being a victim of police excessive force.

This is all about 2020 elections. I'm sorry you can't see it. What Chauvin did was despicable and he will spend significant time in prison. You won't find a cop that wasn't disgusted by his actions.

Oh yes...the same old tired "it's the victims fault, police are always right" argument I see..coupled with an attempt to make this about the democrats and not about systematic white supremacy which is a cancer in this country :rolleyes: .

emaw1979
06-20-2020, 01:51 AM
Oh yes...the same old tired "it's the victims fault, police are always right" argument I see..coupled with an attempt to make this about the democrats and not about systematic white supremacy which is a cancer in this country :rolleyes: .

There is no such thing as systematic white supremacy. There hasn't been for 50 years. All races have the same rights. All races have the same exact opportunities.

And no, the police are not always right but when there are hundreds of millions of police contact with the citizens in this country every year then I'd say they do a pretty damn good job. Those that mess up are generally punished appropriately. If it's egregious then they certainly are punished at a higher standard than a citizen (by the courts) because of their position.

UChieffyBugger
06-20-2020, 02:25 AM
There is no such thing as systematic white supremacy. There hasn't been for 50 years. All races have the same rights. All races have the same exact opportunities.

And no, the police are not always right but when there are hundreds of millions of police contact with the citizens in this country every year then I'd say they do a pretty damn good job. Those that mess up are generally punished appropriately. If it's egregious then they certainly are punished at a higher standard than a citizen (by the courts) because of their position.

ROFL

emaw1979
06-20-2020, 02:28 AM
These are always amusing.

Just do what BCD and NWO are going to do. Ignor them, ignor the issue, and continue your complicity with what's happening in those cities. It's way less melodramatic and you can watch football, which I suspect you will do anyway. And cease with the flag bullshit as nobody is buying it. Choosing not to accept Kaps explanation and clarification tells everyone your mindset isn't about that at all.

Sorry. I won't support the NFL if they kneel during the anthem regardless of the cause.

I don't think there will be an NFL season anyways. Between the COVID-19 hysteria and the riots I don't how it's possible in some cities. NYC for example is completely boarded up, cops leaving in droves with little replacements to fill the positions. What cop left is going to go work an NFL game with the players kneeling and disrespecting cops? Hell, Michael Thomas was retweeting something about killing cops a few weeks ago. Atlanta is a complete mess right now with cops quitting, calling in sick over a crooked DA that is anti police and trying to survive a run off election. How are the Falcons going to play?

emaw1979
06-20-2020, 02:31 AM
ROFL

Redlining ended in the 70's if you couldn't understand what I was talking about. That was probably the last "systemic" racism that existed thats on the books.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-20-2020, 05:48 AM

Raider fans and Chief fans have stopped hugging. Cowboy fans and Redskin fans no longer sing We are the world together, in their respective parking lots now. :sulk:

Red Dawg
06-20-2020, 07:40 AM
David Goggins said no kneeling. It's weak. Stand and be the best you can be. He's the toughest man alive and black.

Pablo
06-20-2020, 07:47 AM

See, there's still some caring going on here.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another member, but didn't you make a declaration that you wouldn't be taking your children to any Chiefs games if players kneeled?

BigCatDaddy
06-20-2020, 07:53 AM
See, there's still some caring going on here.

Maybe I'm confusing you with another member, but didn't you make a declaration that you wouldn't be taking your children to any Chiefs games if players kneeled?

Mmmmm. I don't recall that but maybe. The shit went away so hadn't thought about it for a few years. I know for sure my kid stated he didn't want to go to another game as long as Alex Smith was the QB after a loss to Buffalo at home :shrug:

Bugeater
06-20-2020, 08:00 AM
Oh yes...the same old tired "it's the victims fault, police are always right" argument I see..coupled with an attempt to make this about the democrats and not about systematic white supremacy which is a cancer in this country :rolleyes: .If that's how you really feel, then you're the cancer in this country.

Kiimo
06-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Every
Man
A
Whitesupremacist

listopencil
06-20-2020, 06:30 PM

Yes. It's horrible. If you don't speak the spell properly and stand for the special music then the magic sky cloth won't freedom. So, basically, you guys are destroying America. Thanks a lot.

R Clark
06-20-2020, 06:56 PM
Every
Man
A
Whitesupremacist

Not a big kstate fan but you can smoke the white owl

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-20-2020, 07:36 PM
Respect the flag and have your breath free from alcohol
When you sing the anthem. You Filthy Animals

Jethopper
06-20-2020, 07:53 PM
Every
Man
A
Whitesupremacist

Certified Cuck

Halfcan
06-20-2020, 10:46 PM
Hard to believe people still support kneeling down before the Marxist BLM terrorist after they have destroyed so many American cities and ruined the lives of countless black Americans.

jerryaldini
06-20-2020, 10:59 PM
Yes. It's horrible. If you don't speak the spell properly and stand for the special music then the magic sky cloth won't freedom. So, basically, you guys are destroying America. Thanks a lot.

Lol, all the commies not putting hand over heart and virtue signaling their slavish patriotism.

CarlosCarson27
06-21-2020, 01:49 PM
Lol govt is fucking you over big time and you're talking about whether jocks kneel during a stupid song....
Home of the idiots, land of the morons.
Fish eating propaganda worms like the good slaves they are.