PDA

View Full Version : Football Guess Elway got all butt hurt over this...

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 09:44 AM
Watched a video interview of Will Ferrell. In the interview he's being asked if he'd ever gone "too far". He brought up the ESPY's where he played Harry Caray and made a joke about Elway. Elway was very upset and let the folks at the ESPY's know about it...and Ferrell said Harry was never invited back.

<iframe width="883" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ehl04Vh-l-w" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

L.A. Chieffan
06-18-2020, 09:51 AM
Norm was hilarious at those ESPYs

Rain Man
06-18-2020, 09:52 AM
That was pretty much the least funny skit I've ever seen, but that's what I've come to expect from Will Ferrell. Taking the shot at Elway was good form, though, but I would've gone with a comment about him being the worst quarterback in Super Bowl history.

Beef Supreme
06-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Elway is turning into Gary Busey. Take off the glasses and Ferrell could be mistaken for doing an Elway impression there.

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 09:57 AM
I've always hated his shit eating grin so Ferrell making fun of his teeth was good by me.

dlphg9
06-18-2020, 09:59 AM
That was pretty much the least funny skit I've ever seen, but that's what I've come to expect from Will Ferrell. Taking the shot at Elway was good form, though, but I would've gone with a comment about him being the worst quarterback in Super Bowl history.

Ferrell is just down right bad. Only movie I actually enjoy of his is semi-pro. That shit cracks me up.

wazu
06-18-2020, 10:02 AM
It was a pretty terrible skit. The shots he took weren't really funny, just random and mean. Elway's was the only one at least based in reality. Ken Griffey Jr looked strangely pissed off, but then again the joke was so bad is he really supposed to have to laugh at it?

Hammock Parties
06-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Funny as shit. Wish Will would do a Harry Caray movie.

Rain Man
06-18-2020, 10:06 AM
Ferrell is just down right bad. Only movie I actually enjoy of his is semi-pro. That shit cracks me up.

He was good on SNL back in the day. I haven't paid enough attention, and admittedly I've skipped most of his movies, but the few movies I have seen have been bad enough to repel me from the rest. I wonder if he writes his own bad movies or if he's just terrible at picking scripts. I feel like maybe he got full of himself, or maybe he became famous enough that people are afraid to talk him down from bad ideas.

Oddly, I think the best movie I've seen him in is Everything Must Go, which is not a comedy at all.

Shoes
06-18-2020, 10:06 AM

Bad take. The Other Guys is so underrated.

Rain Man
06-18-2020, 10:07 AM
It was a pretty terrible skit. The shots he took weren't really funny, just random and mean. Elway's was the only one at least based in reality. Ken Griffey Jr looked strangely pissed off, but then again the joke was so bad is he really supposed to have to laugh at it?

Yeah, Griffey looked like he might file a complaint as well.

It's funny that the camera didn't show Elway afterwards.

Kman34
06-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Anchorman and Stepbrothers are very funny movies.. some of his others.. not so much...

Lzen
06-18-2020, 10:25 AM

Step Brothers, Elf, and one of my favorites, Old School.

Lzen
06-18-2020, 10:27 AM
Anchorman and Stepbrothers are very funny movies.. some of his others.. not so much...

Oh yes, how could I have forgotten Anchorman? That was a funny movie. But everyone has a different sense of humor so...

Tribal Warfare
06-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Yeah, Griffey looked like he might file a complaint as well.

It's funny that the camera didn't show Elway afterwards.

Fragile egos, I would be laughing like crazy too if I was being roasted in that setting

Eleazar
06-18-2020, 10:31 AM

Will Ferrell is the most overrated everything ever

dlphg9
06-18-2020, 10:47 AM

The Other Guys is certainly not underrated. That movie gets a lot of love. I went with one of my best friends and saw it when it was in theaters and admittedly I went in convinced I wouldnt like it and didn't laugh one time.

He plays the same exact person in every single one of his movies for the most part and hes always a complete fucking idiot. I thought wow his movies are bad and then he was on The Office for a few episodes and those are the absolute worst episodes of the show. That character is so fucking awful.

dlphg9
06-18-2020, 10:50 AM
Step Brothers, Elf, and one of my favorites, Old School.

I do like Old School as well. Step Brothers is ok. Don't hate it.

eDave
06-18-2020, 10:53 AM
Worth $100m. Not exactly over rated.

tatorhog
06-18-2020, 11:10 AM
one of my favorites, Old School.

Blue and the fat kid that got pulled off the bridge were the best

Spott
06-18-2020, 11:11 AM
Whether or not Ferrell is overrated, that’s funny as hell.

DJ's left nut
06-18-2020, 11:25 AM
Blue and the fat kid that got pulled off the bridge were the best

Yeah - this is probably the best scene in the movie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jJMXxv-hYPo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But man - Luke Wilson was just dogshit in it, wasn't he? I'm not sure I ever really liked him, but I'm positive I didn't always hate him. But these days his characters just aged like milk.

This is an A+ movie without a different actor (hell, maybe Owen) - A- with Luke trying to do as much lifting as he was.

ChiefBlueCFC
06-18-2020, 11:38 AM
John Elway's feelings got hurt? He got a lil boo boo

neech
06-18-2020, 11:44 AM
Ferrell likes to run around with no clothes on, I guess he thinks its funny.

Norm McDonald made me laugh in the skit actually, I'm a Norm fan though.

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 11:46 AM

...and Blades of Glory...laughed out loud a number of times. I think Ferrell is very funny and quick on his feet. Watch him do his Ron Burgundy character ad lib on TV stations, etc...and his roast of Justin Bieber was great...flicks his cigarette at Bieber as he comes on stage.

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 11:48 AM
<iframe width="1177" height="662" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eTUn3UjeOn4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Ferrell likes to run around with no clothes on, I guess he thinks its funny.

Norm McDonald made me laugh in the skit actually, I'm a Norm fan though.

He's taken more than his share of sh*t during the past several years...a comic's comic though. Greatly respected.

crispystl
06-18-2020, 12:33 PM

Seriously I don’t see why he’s so popular. His humor reminds me of a super annoying attention-seeking 12 year old. The guy isn’t funny and that stupid Ron Burgundy podcast is the biggest POS I’ve ever heard and the only reason I heard a bit of it is because iheart jammed it down your throat for the first 3 months It would just start playing randomly while listening to other stuff. People on the morning show I listen to said it happened to them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDave
06-18-2020, 12:36 PM
Seriously I don’t see why he’s so popular. His humor reminds me of a super annoying attention-seeking 12 year old. The guy isn’t funny and that stupid Ron Burgundy podcast is the biggest POS I’ve ever heard and the only reason I heard a bit of it is because iheart jammed it down your throat for the first 3 months It would just start playing randomly while listening to other stuff. People on the morning show I listen to said it happened to them too.

I don't understand how over rated Tool is so popular. But they are.

fan4ever
06-18-2020, 12:38 PM

Humor's a weird thing. I've watched comedies I thought were crappy as hell and then after a few years, catch them on TV and think they're pretty funny after all. Dumb and Dumber for example.

tatorhog
06-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Yeah - this is probably the best scene in the movie

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jJMXxv-hYPo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But man - Luke Wilson was just dogshit in it, wasn't he? I'm not sure I ever really liked him, but I'm positive I didn't always hate him. But these days his characters just aged like milk.

This is an A+ movie without a different actor (hell, maybe Owen) - A- with Luke trying to do as much lifting as he was.

I had an appreciation for the Stiffler character with the dart gun. It doesn't matter what movie, what role, that guy (whatever his real name) is always Steve Stiffler. lol

ModSocks
06-18-2020, 03:01 PM
Ferrell is great.

Old School and Talledega Nights....Step Brothers....Anchorman...C'mon now.

I dont love him in every movie. There's a few i cant think of right now...

But Talledega Nights never gets old. Ive had to have seen it at least a dozen or more times.

WhawhaWhat
06-18-2020, 03:03 PM
May as well post Norm's monologue from the same show. It's the best thing the ESPYs has ever done.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2mhUIIhcTb8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

eDave
06-18-2020, 03:13 PM
Getting butthurt over a comedian is some real pussy ass shit. Tiger gets it.

penchief
06-18-2020, 07:26 PM
Norm was hilarious at those ESPYs

Norm McDonald, along with Chapelle, is as good as it gets.

lcarus
06-18-2020, 08:06 PM
Norm MacDonald has been screwed and underappreciated over the years. Fired from SNL when he was the best Weekend Update anchor they ever had. His sports show was pretty good and it got canned pretty quick.

eDave
06-18-2020, 08:15 PM
Norm MacDonald has been screwed and underappreciated over the years. Fired from SNL when he was the best Weekend Update anchor they ever had. His sports show was pretty good and it got canned pretty quick.

He's a bit of a mess isn't he? Drinking and gambling if I recall.

Halfcan
06-18-2020, 09:04 PM
I wonder how Horse Face likes losing to the Chiefs year after year?

lcarus
06-18-2020, 09:50 PM
He's a bit of a mess isn't he? Drinking and gambling if I recall.

He might have been in the past. I think he's a Christian now or something. Either way he's always been pretty damn funny to me. He's one of those guys that will tell horrible jokes and stories but it's funny because of how he tells it. He may not tickle everyone's funny bone.

eDave
06-18-2020, 09:56 PM
He might have been in the past. I think he's a Christian now or something. Either way he's always been pretty damn funny to me. He's one of those guys that will tell horrible jokes and stories but it's funny because of how he tells it. He may not tickle everyone's funny bone.

His roast of Bob Sagat is his best. Gonna watch that again now.

Best22
06-18-2020, 11:12 PM
Elway couldn’t play today

Couldn’t handle the crowd noises. Where would he be without the crowd noise rule?

He’d be totally lost

Semi sarcastic but lol what a SOFT rule for the “tough old days”

vonBobo
06-19-2020, 12:45 AM
Great cameos as Ashley Schaeffer in East Bound and Chazz in Wedding Crashers.

Baby Lee
06-19-2020, 01:29 AM
Great cameos as Ashley Schaeffer in East Bound and Chazz in Wedding Crashers.

The best thing about Ashley was that blooper reel. I like EB&D, but that blooper reel is a reliable classic.

Half of the humor is Craig's eyebrows and quivering lip, ready to burst.

<iframe width="949" height="534" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_hPp4dgmrc8" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why Not?
06-19-2020, 08:46 AM
Night at the Roxbury was good, dumb humor. Beyond that I’m not a huge fan. He’s funny in small chunks, which is why his cameos and his smaller roles (Austin Powers, for example) tend to be my favorites of his. His leading man roles are just okay to me. Not great, not horrible. Will watch if nothing else is on and I’m up at 1am for some reason.