PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chris Simms' Top QB : Patrick Mahomes crowned No 1

Tribal Warfare
06-24-2020, 04:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y4PrajbRyFE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-24-2020, 04:17 PM
Anybody that doesn't crown Mahomes as #1 is an udder moron!

Chief Roundup
06-24-2020, 04:24 PM

They are a cow titty bag????
I think you meant utter.

Bearcat
06-24-2020, 04:26 PM
I think you meant utter.

Or maybe an other moron.

Another moron.

dlphg9
06-24-2020, 04:38 PM
Patrick Mahomes is clearly number 1 and honestly it's a huge gap between him and number 2

Hog's Gone Fishin
06-24-2020, 04:44 PM
I think you meant utter.

My past life was spent with swine titty's . Don't be stuped!

staylor26
06-24-2020, 04:50 PM
And Wilson is well behind at #2.

Pretty much not debatable at this point.

Megatron96
06-24-2020, 04:52 PM
Love Chris Simms' enthusiasm for Mahomes.

But damn, he's tough to listen to.

Buehler445
06-24-2020, 04:55 PM
And the sun rises in the East.

Mahomes is legitimately the best I’ve ever seen.

No homer. Best I’ve ever seen.

BigRedChief
06-24-2020, 04:57 PM
Who else? I don't think I'm being a homer here. It seems to be a no brainer, undeniable fact.

RealSNR
06-24-2020, 05:02 PM
Love Chris Simms' enthusiasm for Mahomes.

But damn, he's tough to listen to.

People can bitch about Pat's voice all they want, but it's not gross, it's just unique.

Chris Simms has a gross voice. It's blasty on certain vowels.

DRM08
06-24-2020, 05:13 PM
Patrick Mahomes is clearly number 1 and honestly it's a huge gap between him and number 2

And Wilson is well behind at #2.

Pretty much not debatable at this point.

I don't know, Russell is pretty damn amazing in his own right. He has also stayed very healthy during his career. That's an important attribute. He throws a more accurate deep ball than anyone. Really great ability to scramble around and throw across his body (similar to Mahomes). Russell puts the team on his back. Garbage OL, questionable weapons, handcuffed by Pete Carroll's conservative mindset as a defensive coach, etc.

The main difference between Patrick & Russell is age. Russell has very likely reached his peak ability over the last few years. Patrick is still learning, and it's scary to think how good he might be at age 28-32. He's already an incredible player before age 25.

smithandrew051
06-24-2020, 05:23 PM
Patrick Mahomes plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, which is my favorite National Football League team.

Otter
06-24-2020, 05:30 PM
When Patrick reads my signature I'll be invited to the celebration of PMIII and the next generation of greatness.

Eat your heart out!

TwistedChief
06-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Every bit of QB purgatory we suffered from over the years was in hindsight the the most modest investment for Mahomes. I can't imagine watching his arc from afar on the Bills or Saints and wondering what-if.

displacedinMN
06-24-2020, 05:31 PM
water is wet

Rain Man
06-24-2020, 05:37 PM
This is a handy intelligence test to see if someone has an IQ above 60. Pretty much everyone passes except that guy who has the show with Shannon Sharpe. (And yes, apparently Shannon Sharpe even passes this test, so he's smarter than I've historically estimated.)

staylor26
06-24-2020, 05:44 PM
I don't know, Russell is pretty damn amazing in his own right. He has also stayed very healthy during his career. That's an important attribute. He throws a more accurate deep ball than anyone. Really great ability to scramble around and throw across his body (similar to Mahomes). Russell puts the team on his back. Garbage OL, questionable weapons, handcuffed by Pete Carroll's conservative mindset as a defensive coach, etc.

The main difference between Patrick & Russell is age. Russell has very likely reached his peak ability over the last few years. Patrick is still learning, and it's scary to think how good he might be at age 28-32. He's already an incredible player before age 25.

Wilson is great, but his bad days are worse and occur more often than Pat’s.

Rain Man
06-24-2020, 05:53 PM
In watching that clip, it's possible that Chris Simms is almost as much a Mahomes fan as we Chiefs fans are. I like that.

Red Dawg
06-24-2020, 06:51 PM
Mahomes is the obvious choice. Only Wilson is even comparable and he's not as good.

Chief Pagan
06-24-2020, 07:00 PM
Every bit of QB purgatory we suffered from over the years was in hindsight the the most modest investment for Mahomes. I can't imagine watching his arc from afar on the Bills or Saints and wondering what-if.

Bears, derp.

raidersnumber1
06-24-2020, 07:55 PM
My non biased list

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Brees
4. L. Jackson
5. Mahomes

TwistedChief
06-24-2020, 07:56 PM
Bears, derp.

The Bears told Mahomes pre-draft they weren't going to draft a QB. Imagine that.

ChiefaRoo
06-24-2020, 08:00 PM
moo.

Halfcan
06-24-2020, 08:08 PM
My biased and moronic list

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Brees
4. L. Jackson
5. Mahomes

:doh!:

rabblerouser
06-24-2020, 08:19 PM
The Bears told Mahomes pre-draft they weren't going to draft a QB. Imagine that.

Well...they kind of didn't?

ROFL
LMAO

DRM08
06-24-2020, 08:28 PM
My non biased list

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Brees
4. L. Jackson
5. Mahomes

Funny guy. I know exactly who your coach would prefer in that group.

alanm
06-24-2020, 08:32 PM
#1 Mahomes. And then you can fight over 2-10 because it really doesn't matter the list after that.

Rain Man
06-24-2020, 09:27 PM
My non biased list

1. Rodgers
2. Wilson
3. Brees
4. L. Jackson
5. Mahomes

If I didn't know how Raiders fans think, I wouldn't believe you.

Why Not?
06-24-2020, 09:38 PM
Arguably the worst game of Pat’s career resulted in a championship and a SB MVP. Wilson is good for a total Carrific shit show game once a season. It’s really not close.

Deberg_1990
06-24-2020, 09:45 PM
my top 10:

Mahomes
Jackson
Wilson
Brees
Rodgers
Watson
Wentz
Brady
Roethliberger
Stafford

smithandrew051
06-24-2020, 09:51 PM
My top 16 QBs:

1. Mahomes
2. H
3. U
4. G
5. E
6. F
7. U
8. C
9. K
10. I
11. N
12. G
13. G
14. A
15. P
16. Every other QB, because they all FUCKING SUCK!!!!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-24-2020, 09:52 PM
In other news Chris Jones wants 21 mil a year and has been no communication with Veach in weeks

KC_Connection
06-24-2020, 11:03 PM

I’d say the main difference is Mahomes is much better than him.

cdcox
06-24-2020, 11:23 PM
Wilson is a very good QB, but he is now near his prime. Is he better than any of these players in their prime?

Brady
Brees
Farve
Manning
Rodgers

Mahomes is already playing equal to or better than any of those guys during their prime years. With a decently long career playing at this level, it will be hard to argue against his case for GOAT. I have not heard anyone make the case for Wilson as the GOAT. The gap between Wilson and Mahomes is very large.

Pitt Gorilla
06-24-2020, 11:24 PM
Bears, derp.

I still don’t understand the Bears’ thinking. Even without hindsight, Mahomes had far more talent AND experience. Mitch was better at exactly nothing. There was literally no argument for Mitch over Pat.

DRM08
06-24-2020, 11:58 PM
I still don’t understand the Bears’ thinking. Even without hindsight, Mahomes had far more talent AND experience. Mitch was better at exactly nothing. There was literally no argument for Mitch over Pat.

I think Mahomes was partially hurt by Jared Goff's rookie season. Goff was a #1 overall pick from the Air Raid system, and flopped hard as a rookie. That did not help any QB in the very next draft coming from the Air Raid system. Mahomes was also hurt by the QB bust rate for Texas Tech in the NFL. His footwork and backyard style was an easy target for the critics to focus on as well. If a few small details change, Mahomes would have been a #1 overall pick.

Of course I remember when he first declared for the draft and there were some people saying he would not be anything more than a 3rd round pick. There were a few people on the Tech forums who thought he was making a big mistake to leave school early. I felt he had already given Tech everything we could ask from him. Played through numerous injuries. There would be no sense in playing a Senior season and risking career-ending or career-altering injury. Despite the naysayers, he made a pretty strong rise up the draft boards very late in the process as people finally woke up and started realizing how special this guy's talent is.

Chiefs and a few other teams did the proper homework on him. The teams that keep ending up with bad QBs are also the teams that chose to pass on him. He's a lot better off with Coach Reid than he would have been getting stuck in Cleveland, Cincy, the Jets, Chicago, or wherever.

Rain Man
06-25-2020, 12:02 AM

I recall that Trubisky was the runaway projection at the top. I don't remember the specifics, but it seemed unanimous. Here's the pre-draft NFL.com ratings below.

I guess it's a good thing we didn't trade up for Nathan Peterman or Deshone Kizer, who both had the same grade.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/QB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2017

Mitchell Trubisky - 7.0

Overview
Trubisky is a high-end quarterback prospect who possesses NFL size, a big arm and the ability to throw with accuracy from the pocket or on the move. Despite playing in a spread-based offense, he's a full-field reader who does a very good job of getting an early read on the safeties before crafting his course of action. Trubisky will have to become much more pocket aware and do a better job of recognizing and attacking blitzes to back NFL defensive coordinators off. He hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but the puzzle is all right in front. Trubisky projects as a good starting quarterback with a high floor and the potential to be great.

Deshaun Watson - 6.8

Overview
Teams will have to weigh the inconsistent field vision and decision-making against his size, athleticism, leadership and production. While not perfect, teams can add checks to both arm and accuracy boxes for Watson. However, discussions about whether or not his areas of improvement can be corrected will likely determine whether a team will view him as a high-upside prospect or a franchise quarterback. Watson's transition from Clemson's offense to a pro-style attack will obviously take time, but his combination of intangibles and athletic ability make him worth a first-round selection.

Nathan Peterman - 6.3

Overview
Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average, but his accuracy, composure and anticipation are what sets him apart from some of the more physically gifted quarterbacks in this year's draft. Peterman's tape is sure to catch the eye of at least a few teams in need of a quarterback and he should come off the board by day two with a chance to become a solid starting quarterback in the future.

Patrick Mahomes - 6.3

Overview
Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Deshone Kizer - 6.3

Overview
The comparison to Steve McNair could raise eyebrows, but that is based primarily on size, mobility and arm strength. The aforementioned traits often land a quarterback in the first round, but Kizer's second-half drop in production combined with inconsistent decision-making and accuracy should be a speed bump for teams ready to jump in head-first on the traits. Kizer has the ability to become a quality starter, but has to improve his ball placement and field vision first.

DRM08
06-25-2020, 12:14 AM
I recall that Trubisky was the runaway projection at the top. I don't remember the specifics, but it seemed unanimous. Here's the pre-draft NFL.com ratings below.

I guess it's a good thing we didn't trade up for Nathan Peterman or Deshone Kizer, who both had the same grade.

https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/prospects/QB?college=allColleges&page=1&status=ALL&year=2017

Mitchell Trubisky - 7.0

Overview
Trubisky is a high-end quarterback prospect who possesses NFL size, a big arm and the ability to throw with accuracy from the pocket or on the move. Despite playing in a spread-based offense, he's a full-field reader who does a very good job of getting an early read on the safeties before crafting his course of action. Trubisky will have to become much more pocket aware and do a better job of recognizing and attacking blitzes to back NFL defensive coordinators off. He hasn't put all the pieces together yet, but the puzzle is all right in front. Trubisky projects as a good starting quarterback with a high floor and the potential to be great.

Deshaun Watson - 6.8

Overview
Teams will have to weigh the inconsistent field vision and decision-making against his size, athleticism, leadership and production. While not perfect, teams can add checks to both arm and accuracy boxes for Watson. However, discussions about whether or not his areas of improvement can be corrected will likely determine whether a team will view him as a high-upside prospect or a franchise quarterback. Watson's transition from Clemson's offense to a pro-style attack will obviously take time, but his combination of intangibles and athletic ability make him worth a first-round selection.

Nathan Peterman - 6.3

Overview
Peterman's experience in a pro-style passing attack gives him a head start headed into the league. His physical attributes are just average, but his accuracy, composure and anticipation are what sets him apart from some of the more physically gifted quarterbacks in this year's draft. Peterman's tape is sure to catch the eye of at least a few teams in need of a quarterback and he should come off the board by day two with a chance to become a solid starting quarterback in the future.

Patrick Mahomes - 6.3

Overview
Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Deshone Kizer - 6.3

Overview
The comparison to Steve McNair could raise eyebrows, but that is based primarily on size, mobility and arm strength. The aforementioned traits often land a quarterback in the first round, but Kizer's second-half drop in production combined with inconsistent decision-making and accuracy should be a speed bump for teams ready to jump in head-first on the traits. Kizer has the ability to become a quality starter, but has to improve his ball placement and field vision first.

It's interesting to me that so many of these pundit types did not consider Trubisky a low-floor guy. Mahomes had a solid 2.5 years as a starter in college. Trubisky barely played. That's the definition of a low-floor prospect and they completely ignored this flaw in Trubisky's background.

The comments about Trubisky being a genius full-field reader while Mahomes can't read a defense or throw with anticipation? Hilarious, absolutely friggin hilarious. Patrick might have the best field vision of any QB who ever played. And he's had that vision his entire life.

Trubisky seems like a dim bulb to me from every interview I have seen of him, and I think we've seen the dim bulb element with his performance on the field. The dude is a deer in the headlights. They propped him up to be the perfect prospect.

carcosa
06-25-2020, 12:22 AM
Patrick Mahomes plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, which is my favorite National Football League team.

YED!!!!!!!

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2020, 12:49 AM
I think Mahomes was partially hurt by Jared Goff's rookie season. Goff was a #1 overall pick from the Air Raid system, and flopped hard as a rookie. That did not help any QB in the very next draft coming from the Air Raid system. Mahomes was also hurt by the QB bust rate for Texas Tech in the NFL. His footwork and backyard style was an easy target for the critics to focus on as well. If a few small details change, Mahomes would have been a #1 overall pick.

Of course I remember when he first declared for the draft and there were some people saying he would not be anything more than a 3rd round pick. There were a few people on the Tech forums who thought he was making a big mistake to leave school early. I felt he had already given Tech everything we could ask from him. Played through numerous injuries. There would be no sense in playing a Senior season and risking career-ending or career-altering injury. Despite the naysayers, he made a pretty strong rise up the draft boards very late in the process as people finally woke up and started realizing how special this guy's talent is.

Chiefs and a few other teams did the proper homework on him. The teams that keep ending up with bad QBs are also the teams that chose to pass on him. He's a lot better off with Coach Reid than he would have been getting stuck in Cleveland, Cincy, the Jets, Chicago, or wherever.I don't understand what the player Goff had to do with the player Mahomes, regardless of their college systems. They're completely different players.

DRM08
06-25-2020, 01:21 AM
I don't understand what the player Goff had to do with the player Mahomes, regardless of their college systems. They're completely different players.

Same statement applies to the earlier Texas Tech QBs as well. Those comparisons never made sense because he is a hell of a lot more talented than those other guys. But it did not stop people from constantly saying he would be a bust because Kingsbury, Harrell, and others were busts. Very stupid analysis by a lot of people in the media and even in the scouting community.

But you should be glad this type of silly fear mongering happened with Mahomes in the media and scouting community. It helped the Chiefs get him without having to claw their way into the Top 3-5 picks.

RedRaider56
06-25-2020, 06:21 AM
Same statement applies to the earlier Texas Tech QBs as well. Those comparisons never made sense because he is a hell of a lot more talented than those other guys. But it did not stop people from constantly saying he would be a bust because Kingsbury, Harrell, and others were busts. Very stupid analysis by a lot of people in the media and even in the scouting community.

But you should be glad this type of silly fear mongering happened with Mahomes in the media and scouting community. It helped the Chiefs get him without having to claw their way into the Top 3-5 picks.

Exactly. Many, many people made the statement that Mike Leach could have gotten an attendant from the local 7-11, stuck them in a QB in the Air Raid system, and put up pinball type of statistics in college, but it would never translate to success in the NFL

Coogs
06-25-2020, 06:33 AM
In Mahomes's first preseason game against the 49ers, down in the red zone, he rolled to his right and threw a TD pass back to his left to Kemp. That was a major topic of conversation for several days that he would never be able to do that in a real game. Lol!

EDIT Just looked it up, and it was from the 1 yard line.

ThaVirus
06-25-2020, 07:05 AM
Wilson is a very good QB, but he is now near his prime. Is he better than any of these players in their prime?

Brady
Brees
Farve
Manning
Rodgers

Mahomes is already playing equal to or better than any of those guys during their prime years. With a decently long career playing at this level, it will be hard to argue against his case for GOAT. I have not heard anyone make the case for Wilson as the GOAT. The gap between Wilson and Mahomes is very large.

Wilson's been pretty underrated up until maybe these last couple season. People really believed Luck was the superior player for years despite the fact that Wilson was the better guy for most of the time they were both in the league.

He's small, steady and is handicapped by an ancient run-first philosophy. Plus it doesn't help that he was not the team's strength when they were winning/going to Super Bowls.

I think he'll be remembered a bit more fondly once he retires.

alanm
06-25-2020, 08:53 AM
Patrick Mahomes plays for the Kansas City Chiefs, which is my favorite National Football League team.And there you go. :harumph:

Halfcan
06-25-2020, 12:02 PM
Patrick Mahomes - 6.3

Overview

Thank goodness other teams like the Bears believed this garbage. I am ot sure how any scout worth his salt could go back and watch Mahomes play from high school on and not see the type of leader he was. "But that footwork!!!!" people crowed as Mahomes throws a 75 yard bomb for a TD.

Rain Man
06-25-2020, 12:25 PM
[B]Patrick Mahomes - 6.3 ....

Thank goodness other teams like the Bears believed this garbage. I am ot sure how any scout worth his salt could go back and watch Mahomes play from high school on and not see the type of leader he was. "But that footwork!!!!" people crowed as Mahomes throws a 75 yard bomb for a TD.

My favorite part was when they said that he has to prove that he is "willing to take what the defense gives him".

Fortunately he has not proved that. Instead, he was proved that he'll take what he wants.

Pitt Gorilla
06-25-2020, 12:26 PM
Patrick Mahomes - 6.3

Overview

Thank goodness other teams like the Bears believed this garbage. I am ot sure how any scout worth his salt could go back and watch Mahomes play from high school on and not see the type of leader he was. "But that footwork!!!!" people crowed as Mahomes throws a 75 yard bomb for a TD.I'm not convinced even the Bears believed it.

JakeF
06-25-2020, 12:56 PM
Mahomes is still young, learning, and has plenty of room to improve too. Wilson, Brees, and Rodgers have pretty much hit their ceiling.

KChiefs1
06-25-2020, 12:57 PM
No brainer.

BWillie
06-25-2020, 01:43 PM
Whenever Simms talks about Mahomes it makes me horny

jallmon
06-25-2020, 04:31 PM

Most think they didn't.

smithandrew051
06-26-2020, 11:55 AM
I think Colin Cowherd has gotten even worse at his “contrarian” act.

He ranked his top 5 arm talents:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jared Goff

suzzer99
06-26-2020, 11:58 AM
Simms talked about Mahomes not throwing a perfect spiral. I thought most QB coaches teach now that you want a little wobble - as it makes the pass more accurate. Unless I misread that, how does Simms not know this?

Megatron96
06-26-2020, 12:31 PM
Simms talked about Mahomes not throwing a perfect spiral. I thought most QB coaches teach now that you want a little wobble - as it makes the pass more accurate. Unless I misread that, how does Simms not know this?

Superficially, that doesn't seem to make sense. Does someone have a link to an article about that? For OCD people like me that would be an interesting read.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
06-26-2020, 12:50 PM

1. Russell Wilson
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jared Goff

In his defense, he said Wilson and Murray throw the softest, easiest to catch deep balls and Brady, Brees, and Goff were better at leading their recievers and that Pat had a tendency to throw behind his receivers occasionally.

He also said Pat was the best athlete in the NFL bar none.

Rain Man
06-26-2020, 12:56 PM
In his defense, he said Wilson and Murray throw the softest, easiest to catch deep balls and Brady, Brees, and Goff were better at leading their recievers and that Pat had a tendency to throw behind his receivers occasionally.

I would disagree with both statements about Patrick Mahomes II. I think the first statement is grasping at straws purely because of the one Super Bowl interception. As for the second, Patrick Mahomes II is clearly the best quarterback in the league by far, but I wouldn't call him the best athlete in the league. That probably goes to someone like Tyreek or some freak linebacker.

smithandrew051
06-26-2020, 12:57 PM

Counterpoint: he’s a fucking moron

RealSNR
06-26-2020, 01:01 PM

1. Russell Wilson
2. Tom Brady
3. Drew Brees
4. Kyler Murray
5. Jared Goff

He did this bullshit “Meeeehhh I don’t know there are other QBs who throw a more catchable ball” bullshit with Eric Mangina today. Mangina of course had a grand old time lauding the noodle arm of Brady as a good thing.

You know what’s better than throwing a catchable ball? Throwing the damn ball. 2-3 times per game Mahomes makes a big play on a down that Brady would either take a sack or throw it away because everything has gone to shit. That’s a huge deal.

And besides that, Mahomes is accurate enough with the arm talent he has. Other guys have to be crisp precision passers with laser accuracy just to get by (Brees). Mahomes doesn’t need that. Favre never needed it. He’s got pretty damn good accuracy and that’s exactly what we need.

They’re both full of shit.

DRM08
06-26-2020, 02:22 PM
He did this bullshit “Meeeehhh I don’t know there are other QBs who throw a more catchable ball” bullshit with Eric Mangina today. Mangina of course had a grand old time lauding the noodle arm of Brady as a good thing.

You know what’s better than throwing a catchable ball? Throwing the damn ball. 2-3 times per game Mahomes makes a big play on a down that Brady would either take a sack or throw it away because everything has gone to shit. That’s a huge deal.

And besides that, Mahomes is accurate enough with the arm talent he has. Other guys have to be crisp precision passers with laser accuracy just to get by (Brees). Mahomes doesn’t need that. Favre never needed it. He’s got pretty damn good accuracy and that’s exactly what we need.

They’re both full of shit.

Goff is not more accurate than Mahomes. Calling major bullshit on that particular claim. Patrick has a very special combination of pure arm strength and really damn good accuracy from every single platform imaginable. He does not need perfect footwork to put the ball on the money. He's the 2nd Coming of Prime Rodgers, but with a far better attitude and leadership approach than Rodgers. Gives him potential for a higher career ceiling than Rodgers, which is pretty nuts considering Rodgers is one of the GOATs.

Coogs
06-26-2020, 03:39 PM

I believe the second INT in the Super Bowl was a throw behind play. Mahomes said he did that on purpose to not lead Hill into a huge hit from the defender bearing down on Hill. Pretty smart IMO.

I would assume throw behind means to "underthrow" too. On WASP, I heard Mahomes say the last thing that went through his mind before releasing the ball was to not overthrow Hill. Also pretty smart IMO.

BWillie
06-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Honestly, the worst part of Patrick Mahomes game is fumbling and long ball accuracy. But they really aren't that big of a deal. He doesn't throw a bad deep ball, but Russell Wilson has him a little there. But what Wilson can't do is throw a deep ball from any angle or on the move as well as Mahomes can, so it's understandable why he misses sometimes. Those are not even throws most QBs attempt to throw.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-26-2020, 05:38 PM
Deep ball accuracy there is no one better than Russ. Mahomes throws a beautiful deep ball but he overthrows his receivers a bit

smithandrew051
06-26-2020, 05:46 PM
Deep ball accuracy there is no one better than Russ. Mahomes throws a beautiful deep ball but he overthrows his receivers a bit

I wonder if part of Mahomes’s deep ball issues is because his WRs are so fast. He doesn’t want to underthrow them (which would be easy to do), so he overcompensates a bit. He typically tends to miss long. He rarely misses short.

DRM08
06-26-2020, 06:08 PM
I wonder if part of Mahomes’s deep ball issues is because his WRs are so fast. He doesn’t want to underthrow them (which would be easy to do), so he overcompensates a bit. He typically tends to miss long. He rarely misses short.

That's probably part of it. But also think he will improve on this as he gets older. That was the case with Wilson, Big Ben and others. Keep sharpening those skills every year with more and more practice.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-26-2020, 06:13 PM
Yea it’s gotta be that his receivers are too fast. Can’t remember a underthrown deep ball where there was no pressure tbh. It’s always been the overthrows. It’s not like he overthrows a lot. It’s literally by a step or two.

RealSNR
06-26-2020, 06:14 PM
Honestly, the worst part of Patrick Mahomes game is fumbling and long ball accuracy. But they really aren't that big of a deal. He doesn't throw a bad deep ball, but Russell Wilson has him a little there. But what Wilson can't do is throw a deep ball from any angle or on the move as well as Mahomes can, so it's understandable why he misses sometimes. Those are not even throws most QBs attempt to throw.

When Russell Wilson was Mahomes' current age, he was still playing football at Wisconsin.

Let's see if Wilson still has him there in a year or two. I strongly doubt it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
06-26-2020, 06:18 PM
When Russell Wilson was Mahomes' current age, he was still playing football at Wisconsin.

Let's see if Wilson still has him there in a year or two. I strongly doubt it.

Russ is a baseball player. He knows what it takes to keep his arm going.

suzzer99
06-26-2020, 11:52 PM
Superficially, that doesn't seem to make sense. Does someone have a link to an article about that? For OCD people like me that would be an interesting read.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tVoqA-LKGb4#t=412

I think this is where I picked it up from. But a lot more googling gives mixed results. The internet can't seem to agree if wobbling is an inevitable result of a tight spiral thrown a long distance, or if starting with some wobble helps accuracy.

But they do seem to agree that a little wobble, once it starts, helps keep the ball on track due to gyroscopic stabilization.

https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/1ur7vs/why_is_a_perfectly_thrown_spiral_american/?sort=top

If you throw an absolutely perfect spiral, the forces on the ball will actually end up inducing a wobble because the drag forces on the ball are not perfectly distributed. At any point in flight, some part of the ball is experiencing more forces than another, and thus, a wobble starts. The spinning of the ball and the air passing around the ball help to stabilize it and keep it from oscillating (wobbling) more and more. It is somewhat self-correcting in that respect.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2002-feb-04-sci-football4-story.html

A football, when thrown properly, spins on its axis--an imaginary line drawn through the two tips--and also wobbles, the nose rotating around the line of flight. Rae found that the ball spins nine times for every five times it wobbles, a ratio that holds pretty constant no matter how the pass is thrown.

KChiefs1
06-03-2022, 12:56 PM
Here is his list so far this season. I have a feeling Mahomes ends up #1 again.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20220603/edc35bb01869dbc48a8a4ac2dcda6d85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wisconsin_Chief
06-03-2022, 12:57 PM

I really think Pat is going to make the top 12.

ModSocks
06-03-2022, 01:00 PM

Based on comments Simms made last season, my guess is he has Mahomes as #2 behind Josh Allen. He'll call them 1A and 1B or some shit.

scho63
06-03-2022, 01:08 PM
Until someone knocks off Brady, he is still #1.

This isn't a skills issue.

That fucker won 7 Super Bowls and appeared in 10.

Our Mahomes talent level is off the charts but lets be serious.

TwistedChief
06-03-2022, 01:10 PM
Based on comments Simms made last season, my guess is he has Mahomes as #2 behind Josh Allen. He'll call them 1A and 1B or some shit.

Agreed. He's said Allen is the best player in football.

I really enjoy his podcast.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-03-2022, 01:11 PM

Even after Pat bested the perfection that Allen put out in the playoff game?

There's no way in hell you can put Allen above Mahomes until he beats him in a meaningful game or at least wins an AFC Title against someone else. If Simms pulls that crap I'll start lumping him in with the other clowns in sports media who constantly want to prop up anyone but Pat. Getting so old.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-03-2022, 01:13 PM

I just don't see how that's possible when he has yet to beat Mahomes in the playoffs.

Drives me nuts.

TwistedChief
06-03-2022, 01:25 PM
I just don't see how that's possible when he has yet to beat Mahomes in the playoffs.

Drives me nuts.

He's doing these rankings assuming everyone has the exact same generic team and coaching to work with. So what they've done head-to-head isn't really relevant.

I may not agree with him but I don't throw my hands up in the air and think this is a guy making an outlandish claim. Josh Allen is really fucking good. And both players had major stretches of inconsistency last season.

Chris Simms doesn't really seem like a guy aiming for clickbait.

ModSocks
06-03-2022, 01:27 PM

Even after Pat bested the perfection that Allen put out in the playoff game?

There's no way in hell you can put Allen above Mahomes until he beats him in a meaningful game or at least wins an AFC Title against someone else. If Simms pulls that crap I'll start lumping him in with the other clowns in sports media who constantly want to prop up anyone but Pat. Getting so old.

Drives me nuts.

Yeah, i fully expect Simms to list Allen ahead of Mahomes.

First, wins are a team stat. He's grading on individual performance. I don't think the "Allen hasn't beaten Mahomes in the playoffs" thing is really something he's thinking about, and honestly, rightfully so.

He's going to argue that Josh Allen was more consistent through out the season. He'll cite Mahomes' early season slump. He'll say, "yeah i know Josh Allen had a bad game vs Jville but..."

He'll say that Allen had more "WOW" throws in the playoff game than Mahomes. He'll say he wish Allen had a chance with the ball in OT and will hit on the OT rule changes. He'll refer to some "WTF" moments Mahomes had in the season, such as the AFCCG in the 2nd half.

He'll say both guys are extremely talented we're "splitting hairs" here. He'll go on and on about how both of them are his guys, and how he had them as the top rated QB's in their draft class when no one else did.

But ultimately i think he'll cite "WOW" throws and consistency through out the season as his main reasons for putting Allen ahead of Mahomes.

UChieffyBugger
06-03-2022, 01:28 PM
Simms is the number one Josh Allen ass kisser alongside Kyle Brandt and Michael Robinson and he's been spreading this absolute BS about "Josh Allen has been better than Mahomes in the last two years" even though Pat has a 3-1 record against him, has won more games, had the higher seeding, threw more TD's, threw for more yards, threw less picks and had a better qb ratings both years!!..whilst also beating better competition along the way!!. But nope, Chris Simms will somehow try to justify his biased behaviour smh.

If he has Rodgers number one for his two mvp's I can accept that..anyone else is plain stupid.

ModSocks
06-03-2022, 01:33 PM
Simms is the number one Josh Allen ass kisser alongside Kyle Brandt and Michael Robinson and he's been spreading this absolute BS about "Josh Allen has been better than Mahomes in the last two years" even though Pat has a 3-1 record against him, has won more games, had the higher seeding, threw more TD's, threw for more yards, threw less picks and had a better qb ratings both years!!..whilst also beating better competition along the way!!. But nope, Chris Simms will somehow try to justify his biased behaviour smh.

If he has Rodgers number one for his two mvp's I can accept that..anyone else is plain stupid.

Well, lets hope Simms recognizes some of that. I'm not holding my breath.

And he's a Mahomes ass kisser too. Lets keep that in perspective. He's very proud of the fact that he had both Mahomes and Allen as the top prospects of their class when most others did not.

Graystoke
06-03-2022, 01:36 PM
I will have no problem with Simms ranking Allen over Mahomes.
I know its not true, plus it has the potential to motivate Mahomes even more.

Wisconsin_Chief
06-03-2022, 01:42 PM
He's doing these rankings assuming everyone has the exact same generic team and coaching to work with. So what they've done head-to-head isn't really relevant.

I may not agree with him but I don't throw my hands up in the air and think this is a guy making an outlandish claim. Josh Allen is really ****ing good. And both players had major stretches of inconsistency last season.

Chris Simms doesn't really seem like a guy aiming for clickbait.

He's really good, but he has yet to prove he can win anything remotely relevant which is a pretty important factor for a QB. Regardless of the team as a whole or coaching, and I'd argue Allen had a much better roster top to bottom than Pat last year.

Even if he's looking at pure talent alone, it's still Mahomes all the way. I'm not going to throw my hands up over it either, but it's just irritating.

HC_Chief
06-03-2022, 01:57 PM
Mahomes
Allen
Burrow
Herbert

In that order.

If you were building a team a decade ago, Brady and (you dun ****ed up now, A-A-Ron!) Rodgers (probably in that order, but you could argue the reverse), then Russell Wilson.

How crazy is it that three of those guys are in our AFCW TODAY?!

Wallcrawler
06-03-2022, 02:16 PM
Until someone knocks off Brady, he is still #1 son frenching, cheating douchebag that got some lucky breaks through pure unadulterated stupidity, and injuries to the other team.

This isn't a skills issue.

That ****er's kicker won 3 of his 7 Super Bowls on the back of taped walk-throughs of opponents, and he was gifted 2 other superbowls by Pete Carrol being the most unfathomably stupid **** on the 1 yard line, and MVP Matt Ryan being too stupid to throw the football away instead of taking the sack that knocked them out of fg range to go up 2 scores late. He appeared in 10 and got his ass whipped by Eli twice, and Nick Foles.

Our Mahomes talent level is off the charts but lets be serious.

Misinformation corrected.

AdolfOliverBush
06-03-2022, 02:25 PM
Who here would trade Allen for Mahomes straight up?

I'm guessing nobody.

staylor26
06-03-2022, 02:27 PM
Lol Josh Allen is not better than Mahomes.

crispystl
06-03-2022, 04:00 PM
Who here would trade Allen for Mahomes straight up?

I'm guessing nobody.

I wouldn’t trade Patrick for Jesus fucking Christ.

Kramerica
06-03-2022, 04:16 PM
One thing is for sure: he has Derek Carr ranked too high.

RealSNR
06-03-2022, 04:57 PM
What's Mahomes' worst regular season loss? Where he had everything he needed and just didn't deliver?

Yeah, he's come up short against good teams. But bad teams? I count one regular season loss to the Raiders, and that's it.

Josh Allen lost to the fucking Jaguars. At the supposed height of his QB prowess.

Not the Darrell Bevell Jaguars, either. The fucking Urban Meyer Jaguars.

Fuck that shit. Allen is still a spazz who will shit his pants. I will NEVER trust him to win me a game over Mahomes. NEVER.

suzzer99
06-03-2022, 04:59 PM
Last year's game against the Titans was the one game I can think of where he played like shit the whole game.

RealSNR
06-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Last year's game against the Titans was the one game I can think of where he played like shit the whole game.

Against the eventual #1 seed in the AFC playoffs.

The fucking Jaguars, man.

T-post Tom
06-03-2022, 05:21 PM
My favorite part was when they said that he has to prove that he is "willing to take what the defense gives him".

Fortunately he has not proved that. Instead, he was proved that he'll take what he wants.

Damn right.

tredadda
06-03-2022, 05:39 PM
They are making too much of the Chiefs/Bills playoff game last year when talking about Allen. While he was good, he was not the best QB on the field. I want to say 2-3 of his TDs were to a WIDE open Davis. He was like high school open. I think many here could have made those throws. It’s not like he was threading the needle or anything. His one good throw that I give props to is the bomb to Davis as most QBs can’t make that throw. But he didn’t shred the KC defense as much as the secondary was embarrassingly bad.

Wallcrawler
06-03-2022, 06:01 PM
What's Mahomes' worst regular season loss? Where he had everything he needed and just didn't deliver?

Yeah, he's come up short against good teams. But bad teams? I count one regular season loss to the Raiders, and that's it.

Josh Allen lost to the ****ing Jaguars. At the supposed height of his QB prowess.

Not the Darrell Bevell Jaguars, either. The ****ing Urban Meyer Jaguars.

**** that shit. Allen is still a spazz who will shit his pants. I will NEVER trust him to win me a game over Mahomes. NEVER.

That Raiders game doesn't count. Defense gave up 38 or some shit and the regs pulled THREE tds off the board for us.

Wallcrawler
06-03-2022, 06:01 PM

Josh Allen lost to the ****ing Jaguars. At the supposed height of his QB prowess.

Not the Darrell Bevell Jaguars, either. The ****ing Urban Meyer Jaguars.

**** that shit. Allen is still a spazz who will shit his pants. I will NEVER trust him to win me a game over Mahomes. NEVER.

That Raiders game doesn't count. Defense gave up 38 or some shit and the refs pulled THREE tds off the board for us.