PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs LNBS: A controversial one. Should The Chiefs sign Kaepernick?

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 08:48 PM
Feel free to get the personal insults out of the way, call me a SJW, etc but please hear me out.

The Chiefs keep Henne as the backup and sign Kap to compete for the 3rd string position with the promise he could possibly compete with Henne for the #2 if he does well.

Reid is the QB whisperer. He signed Matt Moore and made a guy who was a year away from the game coaching high school football into arguably a bottom 20-32 QB.

The Chiefs have the best locker room atmosphere in the league. My biggest fear about running it back is the team being complacent.

I have no doubt signing Kap would cause controversy but could also make the team rally around eachother and succeed for Kap. The complacency thing would almost become a non issue.

Discuss...

Randallflagg
06-26-2020, 08:51 PM
No.

sully1983
06-26-2020, 08:52 PM
No.

^^^
THIS

Bugeater
06-26-2020, 08:52 PM
Yes. That's just what the defending Super Bowl Champions should do. Bring in a giant distraction and sideshow.

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 08:59 PM
No.

Why?

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 09:00 PM
Yes. That's just what the defending Super Bowl Champions should do. Bring in a giant distraction and sideshow.

Public opinion has shifted. A boycott by those who disagree wont mean as much with limited capacity during COVID. Do you think the players are against Kap?

Third Eye
06-26-2020, 09:03 PM
Public opinion has shifted. A boycott by those who disagree wont mean as much with limited capacity during COVID. Do you think the players are against Kap?

It’s not even about public opinion. It’s about the constant media shitshow that’s going to follow wherever he signs. We don’t need that kind of drama for a backup qb. It’s no different than Tebow.

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 09:04 PM
The Chiefs have all the political capital in the world.

Reid is the most respected coach in the league. Hes already done something similar with Vick.

There would be no QB controversy. Mahomes is the best QB in the league.

Mahomes is also the most respected player in the league. Mathieu is also well respected. What they say goes.

Clark is well respected amongst the league. If he signs off with everything stated above wheres the beef?

Flying High D
06-26-2020, 09:04 PM
Only if they bring LeButt in also to play TE.

Chief Roundup
06-26-2020, 09:05 PM
No.
Reason is below
That's just what the defending Super Bowl Champions should do. Bring in a giant distraction and sideshow.

I would add that he has been out of the league so long he would be 3rd string and that would cause even more distraction.

BigRedChief
06-26-2020, 09:05 PM
Fuck that. Nothing to do with kneeling. The dude hasn't played in years.

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 09:06 PM
It’s not even about public opinion. It’s about the constant media shitshow that’s going to follow wherever he signs. We don’t need that kind of drama for a backup qb. It’s no different than Tebow.

Yeah and the Pats signed Tebow that year went 12-4 and lost in the playoffs to the eventual Chanps. Wheres the proof that signing Tebow cost the Patriots?

staylor26
:facepalm:

Titty Meat
**** that. Nothing to do with kneeling. The dude hasn't played in years.

Whos our current 3rd string QB?

ThyKingdomCome15
Kaep would be the biggest storyline going into the season. Lotta cameras would be on him. They'd ask questions to Pat about him in press conferences. We just don't need that.

staylor26
06-26-2020, 09:07 PM

Lol you think he would swallow his pride and sign to be a 3rd strong QB? You think he’s taking 3rd string money?

LMAO

Bugeater
06-26-2020, 09:08 PM
Public opinion has shifted. A boycott by those who disagree wont mean as much with limited capacity during COVID. Do you think the players are against Kap?There is literally nothing to gain and everything to lose. All risk no reward.

Deberg_1990
06-26-2020, 09:08 PM
Yes. Mahomes and Kaepernick could team up and become a powerful team fighting against social injustice.

Frazod
06-26-2020, 09:09 PM
Yeah, let’s sign everybody who got benched for Blaine Gabbert.

Dipshit.

Third Eye
06-26-2020, 09:13 PM
Yeah and the Pats signed Tebow that year went 12-4 and lost in the playoffs to the eventual Chanps. Wheres the proof that signing Tebow cost the Patriots?

He was with the Pats for what, 2 weeks in the preseason?

Edit: Ok, looked it up. It was longer than 2 weeks, but he didn’t make it through the preseason.

Flying High D
06-26-2020, 09:15 PM
Yes. Mahomes and Kaepernick could team up and become a powerful team fighting against social injustice.

Hence LeBum as TE, too. Dream team social injustice/Marxists warriors. Great idea

R Clark
06-26-2020, 09:16 PM
I shouldn’t be surprised someone is dumb enough to pose this question

stumppy
06-26-2020, 09:25 PM
:doh!:

Jamie
06-26-2020, 09:34 PM
I'd be fine with it, but the team that should sign him is the Chargers. They need to do something to move the needle in LA, and their QB situation sucks anyway. If nothing else they'd sell a shitload of jerseys.

MVChiefFan
06-26-2020, 09:36 PM

Jordan Ta’amu... and I’m WAY more excited to see what he’s got.

Jewish Rabbi
06-26-2020, 09:38 PM
Sign him to a two year deal. If (god forbid) Mahomes gets hurt, you know the NFL will gift Kaep a Super Bowl. Flip him for Cleveland’s first in 2021. Boom motherfuckers

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-26-2020, 09:40 PM
Can we bronze him and take him down

Halfcan
06-26-2020, 09:42 PM
They should bring Kaep in.....

As a beer vendor- he is good at kneeling down, so he won't block the view of fans when he pouring suds.

BigCatDaddy
06-26-2020, 09:47 PM
Lol you think he would swallow his pride and sign to be a 3rd strong QB? You think he’s taking 3rd string money?

LMAO

He doesn't want to play at all especially for backup QB money

TexasChief
06-26-2020, 09:50 PM
Do you guys know what backup QBs do in the nfl? He isn’t smart nor humble enough to help Patrick. There is a reason Mahomes wants Henne around.

Pablo
06-26-2020, 09:55 PM
Andy's big on reclamation projects and all...

BlackOp
06-26-2020, 09:57 PM
If someone does sign him...they better not have a white starting QB. After one bad game...the team will be labeled racist by cancel culture for not starting him. Especially if the coach/owner is white...then Bears or Jaguars will be symbolic animals of black oppression. They will demand they be removed from zoos...if you are wearing a Bears jersey...you are now a racist. People will be pulled from cars with a Bears sticker and beaten. Yogi the Bear will be removed from Yellowstone park...

Third Eye
06-26-2020, 09:59 PM
Do you guys know what backup QBs do in the nfl? He isn’t smart nor humble enough to help Patrick. There is a reason Mahomes wants Henne around.

There are plenty of fair criticisms of Kaep. Not being smart isn’t one of them.

TexasChief
06-26-2020, 10:05 PM
There are plenty of fair criticisms of Kaep. Not being smart isn’t one of them.

Not sure if serious. He has an incredibly hard time getting a coherent thought formulated verbally. Kaep is not a bright individual no matter what the media tries to portray.

There is a reason guys like Colt, Daniel, McCowns, Gabbert, Henne stick around.

tk13
06-26-2020, 10:06 PM
We literally won two games this year and almost beat Aaron Rodgers with a guy who was out of the league and coaching high school football. If anyone would do a good job with him it'd be Reid.

I doubt Kap would want to come here though because there is zero hope of playing unless Mahomes gets hurt. This is about the worst place he could come if he ever wanted a serious shot at playing time.

RunKC
06-26-2020, 10:09 PM

Andy Reid is one of the handful of coaches who might do it. It’s like ya’ll forgot this man signed Mike Vick after he went to prison for dog fighting.

mnchiefsguy
06-26-2020, 10:09 PM
No. Not because of kneeling or social crap..but because he would cost wayyyyy too much money that we cant afford under the cap. I bet he would not sign for anything less than $15 million per year, so hell no!

tk13
06-26-2020, 10:11 PM
Not sure if serious. He has an incredibly hard time getting a coherent thought formulated verbally. Kaep is not a bright individual no matter what the media tries to portray.

There is a reason guys like Colt, Daniel, McCowns, Gabbert, Henne stick around.

I'm not sure how you come to that conclusion. Dude had a 4.0 in college and scored 38 on the wonderlic.

wazu
06-26-2020, 10:14 PM
Kaepernick doesn’t want to play football. Hasn’t for years.

RealSNR
06-26-2020, 10:18 PM
No, but we should cut Henne and bring back the Matty Tyler Moore Show

TexasChief
06-26-2020, 10:20 PM
No, but we should cut Henne and bring back the Matty Tyler Moore Show

My gut has always been Mahomes thinks he talks too much. He loves that Henne isn’t constantly yapping so he can focus on Andy and Kafka.

Will always be grateful Moore showed out when we needed him.

RealSNR
06-26-2020, 10:23 PM
My gut has always been Mahomes thinks he talks too much. He loves that Henne isn’t constantly yapping so he can focus on Andy and Kafka.

Lol what? Mahomes is besties with Gehrig fucking Dieter, the Snarf of the Mahomes era Chiefs.

I don't think Pat minds annoying people who talk too much. In fact, he seems to befriend them.

TexasChief
06-26-2020, 10:27 PM
Lol what? Mahomes is besties with Gehrig ****ing Dieter, the Snarf of the Mahomes era Chiefs.

I don't think Pat minds annoying people who talk too much. In fact, he seems to befriend them.

Chatterboxes not during the game. Moore doesn’t stfu on the sideline.

wazu
06-26-2020, 10:30 PM

This theory is fabulous.

Tribal Warfare
06-26-2020, 10:36 PM
No.

This

Hoover
06-26-2020, 10:47 PM
Nope.

People forget he opted out of his deal with the Niners. Whoops

Dude has been on the shelf for 4 years. Its not happening.

jdubya
06-26-2020, 10:49 PM
"YES, PLEASE SIGN HIM NOW!!!!"

Signed: All other 31 teams in the NFL

stevieray
06-26-2020, 10:50 PM
LMAO

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 10:55 PM
Lots of racists on here no surprise

stevieray
06-26-2020, 10:56 PM

LMAO

jdubya
06-26-2020, 11:01 PM

Blanket statement. Your credibility is long gone and out the window. Nite nite rabbit

RealSNR
06-26-2020, 11:02 PM
Kaepernick had the chance to be the king of the AAF or whatever it was called and probably would have made more money as the best and most popular QB in that league over being an NFL backup. He priced himself out of the market, and thus he failed.

Hell, it could have been a rousing success. The AAF might still be around today if he had signed on. They needed something to generate buzz, for sure.

Bob Dole
06-26-2020, 11:25 PM
Nope.

People forget he opted out of his deal with the Niners. Whoops

Dude has been on the shelf for 4 years. Its not happening.

That’s the part that kills me every time someone brings up “black balled”.

Titty Meat
06-26-2020, 11:26 PM
Blanket statement. Your credibility is long gone and out the window. Nite nite rabbit

Fag

big nasty kcnut
06-26-2020, 11:32 PM
Fuck no. Here the thing about him he was replaced by Blaine Gabbert when your replaced by Blaine Gabbert i lost all respect for you.

Lex Luthor
06-26-2020, 11:34 PM
No.

I always thought Kaepernick got a raw deal when the NFL blackballed him, and I'd like to see him land somewhere.

But no ****ing way do I want the Chiefs to do ANYTHING to **** up their chemistry. They have the best QB in the NFL and they are the favorite to repeat as Super Bowl champs.

There's ZERO upside to this, and plenty of downside. Huge risk, no reward.

Eleazar
06-26-2020, 11:36 PM
Why would you bring in someone who is going to be a distraction and who believes they should be a starter and should be paid like one?

bringbackmarty
06-26-2020, 11:47 PM
Absolutely, for the vet minimum. He should start every game this season and only unwrap Pat from the bubble wrap if we a re trailing in the playoffs. No reason to risk mahomes in an 8 game regular season.

Pitt Gorilla
06-26-2020, 11:49 PM
No thanks.

bringbackmarty
06-26-2020, 11:50 PM
That's best case scenario for this season, mahomes doesn't play, kap wins it all and we get a haul for him next off-season.

bringbackmarty
06-26-2020, 11:51 PM
No way am I risking the best player in the nfl for some stupid experiment.

Eleazar
06-27-2020, 12:05 AM
Absolutely, for the vet minimum. He should start every game this season and only unwrap Pat from the bubble wrap if we a re trailing in the playoffs. No reason to risk mahomes in an 8 game regular season.

http://49.media.tumblr.com/b0422b636449b9e9d9a446e0fded4eb1/tumblr_o3xdbd18R81sib2dzo1_400.gif

BossChief
06-27-2020, 12:21 AM
If he’d take the kind of vet contract that wouldn’t cost us anything, I’d take him. He’s a really good fit for 3rd string in KC with the chance to be the primary backup next year. Mobile, buys time for big plays to open up, strong arm...all depends on the $

TwistedChief
06-27-2020, 12:32 AM
This theory is fabulous.

"I watched the Chiefs mic'ed up in the Super Bowl and now I have precise insight into team dynamics."

Best22
06-27-2020, 12:39 AM
I don’t see how he’s better than any QB on our roster. Guy hasn’t played in years. People who think they’re automatically gonna get 2012 Kaep are wrong. That player doesn’t exist anymore.

Bill Brasky
06-27-2020, 12:47 AM
The other thing that’s kind of genius about this is that Andy coaches him up and gets him in starting form and then we trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd in a year. We need those picks.

BossChief
06-27-2020, 12:49 AM
The other thing that’s kind of genius about this is that Andy coaches him up and gets him in starting form and then we trade him for a 2nd and a 3rd in a year. We need those picks.

That’s how I see it. Andy gets guys like Kaepernick to play the best ball of their careers. Vick, Flutie, McNabb...some dumb team would flip a pick for him after an injury or something in 2021.

stanleychief
06-27-2020, 12:56 AM
Victory formation, hello... Kaep is the best at taking a knee. He does warmups during the anthem for god's sake. Pat's going to need relief at the end of games.. why waste his knees? Fire the punter. Everybody wins!

arrwheader
06-27-2020, 01:50 AM
Yea Chiefs should be the cuck white apologists of the league and sign a shitty 3rd string qb so we can have a media show. Sounds good. Wtf is this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Titty Meat
06-27-2020, 02:19 AM
It's amazing to see CP which has turned into homer planet feel some kind of way if Veach and Reid off sign off on a dude for a 3rd string position assuming Mahomes and Mathieu would support

bobhill
06-27-2020, 04:05 AM
Crap has played football in 5 years or more the chiefs don't need a person out for themselves. To much of a headache

keg in kc
06-27-2020, 04:28 AM
Kaepernick's off-the-field shit has made some people forget just how bad he was on the field. Which is what I believe was exactly the point of all his "activism" all along. Somebody in a board room set it all up. And he ain't gonna be a better player now at 32 after being out of the league for 4 or 5 years.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
06-27-2020, 04:43 AM
The best thing for him. Is to let some one else be the face of this now. Way to much energy will be required to make him likeable. The denial will be all to familuar.

R Clark
06-27-2020, 05:39 AM
Yea Chiefs should be the outstanding citizen white apologists of the league and sign a shitty 3rd string qb so we can have a media show. Sounds good. Wtf is this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Spot on

TwistedChief
06-27-2020, 05:42 AM
It's amazing to see CP which has turned into homer planet feel some kind of way if Veach and Reid off sign off on a dude for a 3rd string position assuming Mahomes and Mathieu would support

Here are some honest thoughts:
1. From a personal perspective, I'd be happy and really proud of the Chiefs if they were the ones who signed Kaepernick.
2. From the standpoint of a Chiefs fan who would like to see them trounce the league for years to come, there is absolutely significantly more downside than upside in the signing. I think Kap would be a true professional if he joined the Chiefs, but the media coverage of him would completely overrun what should instead be the drool-fest over Mahomes and our defending Super Bowl season. That alone would be disappointing.
3. I think there are a lot of fan bases who might be more welcome to a Kaepernick signing. As we know from our experience here, Chiefs fans would probably be near the bottom quartile in accepting that.
4. I laugh at the idea that Reid is gonna coach him up and then we'll flip him for a third (unless it's to the Texans, and because Bill O'Brien). First, he's not going to have ample ability to showcase his talents as a #3 QB. Second, is there really a team out there now that isn't signing Kaepernick who's going to then trade draft capital for him in 2 months because he beat up on some Arizona Cardinal 3rd stringers?
5. The season's occurring is at best a coin flip. If you sign him and then the season is canceled, you've ruffled the feathers of your fan base for no great reason other than arguably supporting a worthy cause. That's nice and all, and as I said, I'd be proud of Clark Hunt if he went in that direction. But it makes little business sense for him and as Chiefs fans we absolutely shouldn't be happy if they signed him.
6. If we didn't kick the tires hard on Kaepernick last year when Henne went down and we had to sign Matt Moore from a HS coaching job, I don't think it's happening this year.

PHOG
06-27-2020, 06:02 AM
Nope, nope, nopity nope. :harumph:

Distraction=Bad Super Bowl=Good. :thumb:

Bugeater
06-27-2020, 06:05 AM
It's amazing to see CP which has turned into homer planet feel some kind of way if Veach and Reid off sign off on a dude for a 3rd string position assuming Mahomes and Mathieu would supportNonsensical post at 3:19am is nonsensical.

Cheater5
06-27-2020, 06:17 AM
The only reason Kaepernick is even being discussed in 2020 is because of WHO he is, and not WHAT he’s done on the football field. Because objectively, the last time he played he wasn’t all that good... In 2016.

Simply because Reid signed Vick and somewhat resurrected his career, doesn’t (or shouldn’t) have any bearing on this decision. The Kansas City Chiefs do not need him. Demonstrably we have the best QB in the league, and are World Champions.

Signing Kaepernick is a regressive move.

chiefzilla1501
06-27-2020, 06:17 AM
No. Don't get me wrong, it's nuts that he isn't a backup somewhere. I don't think Kaepernick would ever settle for a backup contract nor would I want to overpay for that given our cap. He wants to be an overpaid starter somewhere. Which Id bet is the main reason he hasn't signed somewhere.

Scooter LaCanforno
06-27-2020, 06:58 AM
Longshot.....HBO talks either the Chargers or the Rams into signing him for "Hard Knocks"

Bwana
06-27-2020, 07:00 AM
:drool:
No

displacedinMN
06-27-2020, 07:47 AM
Cancer.

DJJasonp
06-27-2020, 07:50 AM
while we're at it, let's sign the dual threat of Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt too....

loochy
06-27-2020, 08:15 AM
I have no doubt signing Kap would cause controversy but could also make the team rally around eachother and succeed for Kap.

Succeed FOR Kap? WTF? Why does he need someone to succeed for him? He's done jack shit. If they can't succeed for Mahomes, a badass that puts himself on the line, why would they rally around a mouthy 3rd stringer?

Also, there's no way he'd sign for 3rd stringer money so it's not even worth talking about.

Sofa King
06-27-2020, 09:31 AM
This team just won the super bowl and you think we need to sign kaep so we can rally around him to succeed? Wtf?

staylor26
06-27-2020, 09:37 AM
Oh and fuck this commie loving Fidel Castro praising POS.

redfan
06-27-2020, 09:56 AM
No, the Chiefs should not sign CK.
You have no doubt it would cause controversy, but "the best locker room atmosphere in the league" would rally around CK? Why would they for a 3rd stringer?
What is this strange fascination with 9er cast-off QBs?

RealSNR
06-27-2020, 10:13 AM
Was Kaepernick even good in the first place?

I mean it. His downfall occurred when Greg Roman left. Roman is known for developing some occasionally brilliant run schemes for his athletic QBs to make plays in, but do we know if those guys can operate systems that require the focus of spacing and direction through passing? It's why I'm still kind of skeptical of Lamar Jackson, in a way. If Greg Roman leaves, is Lamar going to regress? Is he going to completely collapse if an OC gets in there who says, "Lamar, time to play big boy football. You can still use your mobility, but enough of this scrambling and read option shit."

Kaepernick was running a lot of the same shit in college, and what he showed as a passer at Nevada was greatly assisted by the simplicity and wide open concept design from Ault. Yes, there are Ault's roots in the West Coast variant Andy runs today, but if you don't have accuracy in the short to mid game, don't even fucking bother.

Reid is a QB whisperer, but part of being a QB whisperer is knowing when to walk away and who to whisper to in the first place. He did that with Feeley and Garcia and Kolb in Philly, but he PICKED those guys.

It'd be dumb for us to say, "Andy, you're coaching Colin Kaepernick. Do that QB whisperer thing you do so we can boost our woke optics and maybe even trade him away because everything you touch turns to gold!" Not even the best chefs in the world can make a feast out of terrible fucking ingredients.

bdj23
06-27-2020, 10:29 AM
Did Chieffybugger hack your account?

MahiMike
06-27-2020, 10:46 AM
If they're gonna kneel, I don't give a damn anyways. I don't care if they sign Elway's kid.

Titty Meat
06-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Oh and **** this commie loving Fidel Castro praising POS.

The cold war ended over 30 years ago bro

Al Czervik
06-27-2020, 11:15 AM
OMG
What fucking idiot would even entertain this idea????

^^^^
Looks up to see who the OP was.....

Yeah....figures...

Bowser
06-27-2020, 11:17 AM
This isn't a controversial thread. It's just stupid on multiple levels.

Ahhh, here's the reason the thread was started. Put this shit in DC next time, dummy.

RealSNR
06-27-2020, 11:21 AM
Did Chieffybugger hack your account?

If we put Kaepernick at RB and paid him $20 million per year, then yeah, that'd be UChieffyBugger

alpha_omega
06-27-2020, 11:24 AM
No. For all the reasons previously mentioned.

Titty Meat
06-27-2020, 11:36 AM
OMG
What ****ing idiot would even entertain this idea????

^^^^
Looks up to see who the OP was.....

Yeah....figures...

You're an assistant manager at a shoe store sit this one out

duncan_idaho
06-27-2020, 11:47 AM
I like the idea of having a backup QB with some of Mahomes’ movement skills, rather than a pocket statue like Moore or Henne.

I think Ta’amu is that guy. Or can be.

If they didn’t have him and Kaepernick would come cheap, I could see it.

If Mahomes suffered a longer-term injury and needed to sit, I think they’re better with a QB who can move a little bit. Kaepernick would fit ... on a backup salary, if he’d take, and if they still needed a “mobile” guy in a backup slot.

O.city
06-27-2020, 11:58 AM
I think paying a backup qb much is dumb anyway. If you need him to win a game or two like Moore did that’s great and that’s why you pay andy Reid what you do.

Like Tom Moore once said when asked why manning takes all the first team reps “if he gets hurt we’re fucked and we don’t practice fucked”

Fat Elvis
06-27-2020, 11:59 AM
If Andy and Veach want to sign him, then sign him. If they don't want to sign him, then don't sign him.

It's pretty simple.

Otter
06-27-2020, 12:02 PM
No

Hell no

Fuck no

Fuck off

Lzen
06-27-2020, 12:02 PM

Based on what, exactly?

scho63
06-27-2020, 12:12 PM
HELL NO!!!

InChiefsHeaven
06-27-2020, 12:34 PM
Kaepernick's off-the-field shit has made some people forget just how bad he was on the field. Which is what I believe was exactly the point of all his "activism" all along. Somebody in a board room set it all up. And he ain't gonna be a better player now at 32 after being out of the league for 4 or 5 years.

I'm actually in agreement here, except I don't think it was a guy in a board room, I think it was Kaep himself. He knew he was sucking and knew he had reached the pinnacle of his potential. He was a 2 season wunkerkind. Once Alex left, he was screwed. He had a future that looked bleak, forever a backup, etc. In a league where there were a lot of successful black QB's, he could not claim racism just for the sake of racism, so...he made a spectacle of himself, got a bunch of SJW's to champion his cause, and held on to fame that way. It's been 6 seasons since he started all 16 games, and has been out of football for 4...nobody plays football after that long of an absence. His "workouts" that he held last year were a publicity stunt, just a way to keep him relevant while he knew nobody was going to sign him and he didn't want to play football anyway.

Long way of saying no, I would not sign Kaepernick. He was not good at football his last season, and he's been out of the game for 5 years. Might as well sign Tebow for all the good it would do from a football perspective.

InChiefsHeaven
06-27-2020, 12:35 PM
I like the idea of having a backup QB with some of Mahomes’ movement skills, rather than a pocket statue like Moore or Henne.

I think Ta’amu is that guy. Or can be.

If they didn’t have him and Kaepernick would come cheap, I could see it.

If Mahomes suffered a longer-term injury and needed to sit, I think they’re better with a QB who can move a little bit. Kaepernick would fit ... on a backup salary, if he’d take, and if they still needed a “mobile” guy in a backup slot.
2013 was a long ass time ago brutha...

Redbled
06-27-2020, 12:48 PM
We got Mahomes and a SB title we don’t need a circus in town.

mililo4cpa
06-27-2020, 01:12 PM
I'm going to answer this without evoking any of the political aspects associated with CK....just pure football thoughts:

From the Chiefs perspective: The guy hasn't played in several years, and when he did play last, it wasn't all that stellar. Sure, he caught fire in a season, but remember all the Mahomes articles after his first year starting about how he will regress because coordinators have tape on him. Well, that didn't work out that way for Mahomes, but it sure as heck did for CK.....The league figured him out pretty quickly, and now he has 3 - 4 years of rust on him to boot. Let's be real, the guy peaked during his Super Bowl run, and it's been downhill from there.

Then I ask: Is CK better than Henne? As an athlete, absolutely, but I'm not sure that he'd be better as a quarterback (more on this below). Would he be the best 3rd option QB....skill set wise, probably, but the 3rd QB role is generally for grooming a young guy, not a veteran body, so even then, we'd be wasting a spot since we're not likely to even carry a 3rd QB. So, if CK is rusty, the league has kind of figured him out, and he's carrying 4 years of rust, and likely wouldn't be a better option than Henne, what would be the benefit of bringing him on.

And then the next question would be: Why would CK want to come to KC? He obviously has no shot at starting, and we have a veteran backup (albeit nobody we'd be writing home about) that could probably keep us competitive if Pat goes down. Why would that situation make sense for CK....at best, he's battling for 2nd chair, and very likely loses that battle to the vet going in on three years in Andy's system. I could think of a few teams right off the bat that CK could do no worse than 2nd QB without the battle, with a potential for some actual playing time. If I dug into that more, maybe 1/2 the league might present better options for at least QB2 without duking it out, and 1/4 some type of viable option to start some games. And we haven't even mentioned salary cap yet....

So, if I keep the political aspect out of it, I don't see any pure football reason to do even batter an eye at CK....not just from the Chiefs perspective, but CKs as well.....

Bl00dyBizkitz
06-27-2020, 01:13 PM
I feel like a simple No should suffice, but since the OP seems to believe that Kaep hasn't gotten a job because the NFL is racist, I think the more appropriate response is Fuck Off.

petegz28
06-27-2020, 01:17 PM
Yeah......NO!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Spott
06-27-2020, 03:05 PM
He got benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert, hasn’t played in 4 years and he have Mahomes. Unless he’s somehow converted into a run stuffing middle linebacker during his time off, there’s no need for him on this team.

listopencil
06-27-2020, 06:34 PM
As a Bronco fan? Sure, KC should sign Kap. He's a shitty QB that will make your team weaker. Go for it.

Bugeater
06-27-2020, 06:59 PM
Lots of racists on here no surpriseI didn't catch this post last night. So this is some kind of woke bullshit?

Fuck. Right. Off. Billay.

Seriously. Fuck the fuck off.

Did I emphasize fuck the fuck off enough?

Bugeater
06-27-2020, 07:00 PM
You should leave this board and never fucking return, you woke fucking piece of shit.

Dead serious. Just fucking leave.

Deberg_1990
06-27-2020, 07:03 PM
Kaepernicks talent and potential might be too juicy to dismiss.

listopencil
06-27-2020, 07:07 PM
Kaepernicks talent and potential might be too juicy to dismiss.

https://i.imgur.com/v4fmcAJ.gif

Rain Man
06-27-2020, 07:55 PM
I try to be consistent in my belief that I shouldn't care what a player does off the field as long as it doesn't impact his ability to be on the field at kickoff. So yeah, if he could help the team I wouldn't hesitate to sign him.

I guess my one caveat is that 'helping the team' in my mind means that he can contribute on the field and he's not a problem in the locker room.

Bugeater
06-27-2020, 07:57 PM
JUST REMINDING EVERYONE BILLAY STARTED THIS THREAD SO HE COULD CALL EVERYONE HERE RACIST

bobhill
06-27-2020, 08:42 PM
As a Bronco fan? Sure, KC should sign Kap. He's a shitty QB that will make your team weaker. Go for it.

Then the Broncos should sign him , he's already better than lock and the Broncos sux already pretty good fit

Al Czervik
06-27-2020, 09:57 PM
JUST REMINDING EVERYONE BILLAY STARTED THIS THREAD SO HE COULD CALL EVERYONE HERE RACIST

BINGO
Dildo boy just wanted to play his WOKE card.
Fucking loser....

Titty Meat
06-27-2020, 10:00 PM
BINGO
Dildo boy just wanted to play his WOKE card.
****ing loser....

You've been on my dick for over 10 years take your hood off Klan boi

RealSNR
06-27-2020, 10:06 PM
You've been on my dick for over 10 years

You say that like it’s a bad thing...

Titty Meat
06-27-2020, 10:36 PM
You say that like it’s a bad thing...

He smells like boiled hot dog water

baitism
06-27-2020, 10:40 PM