PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs They are coming for the chop too

Pages : [1] 2

BigRedChief
07-05-2020, 06:16 PM
The Kansas City Chiefs’ racist “Arrowhead Chop” has flown under the radar. Not anymore. The Kansas City Chiefs’ chant isn’t a tribute to people like me. It’s racist.

Rest of original post
A self-described lifelong Kansas City Chiefs fan once asked me the meaning of the words that are sung as the crowd performs the “Arrowhead Chop” at Chiefs games, the beloved fan chant made up of a series of literal “oh oh oh”s.

“They don’t mean anything,” I told him, disgusted and annoyed.

“Really, nothing at all?”

My face got hot and I could feel my heart beating fast in my chest. “Nothing,” I repeated.

This is just one example of the uncomfortable situations I deal with as an Acoma Pueblo woman living in the Kansas City area.

This year, my city’s NFL football team, the Chiefs, will be playing San Francisco in the Super Bowl. It has been a 50-year wait for the team, and from the looks of it, they are the favorite to win. Unfortunately, that also means the Arrowhead Chop will be broadcast on millions of screens across the nation, along with fans in headdresses and all that comes with having a team that has a Native American mascot. For years, the national conversation around offensive team mascots that stereotype Native American culture has focused on the Washington Redskins and the Cleveland Indians, while Kansas City’s Chiefs flew under the radar.

Not anymore.

As an educator at Haskell Indian Nations University — the only four-year university for federally-recognized Native tribes — I have done many presentations on the misconceptions about Native American people and the terrible stereotypes that are reinforced by sport mascots like the Chiefs. And every single time it is traumatic to go over the massacres, racism, and genocide carried out against the people indigenous to this country. It is also getting exhausting.

This is the unsanitized truth about American history you probably weren’t taught in school alongside stories of the “noble savage” or fables about peaceful dinners between Natives and Pilgrims on Thanksgiving: European settlers mercilessly raided and killed our people. My own people, the Acoma, Haaku, were attacked by Spanish conquistadors seeking retaliation for an earlier fight that resulted in the deaths of 12 conquistadors. As punishment, they took the right foot of men over the age of 25. They stole many of our women and sold them off as slaves in Mexico. This is not the only massacre rarely taught in schools. There were many California tribes that were decimated due to the gold rush of the mid-1800s. The San Francisco football team, the 49ers, is a direct reference to this period of history.

Today, erasure and oppression of Natives only continues. The movement of Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women, #MMIW, has been going on for years, but the media mostly ignored it until the killing of pregnant Savanna Grey Wind and the taking of her baby in North Dakota in 2017. Meanwhile, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention has reported murder as the third leading cause of death for American Indian Women and Alaskan Natives between the ages of 10-24. In 2016, according to an Urban Indian Health Institute report, there were 5,712 cases of missing American Indian and Alaskan Native women. Of that total, only 116 were logged into the Department of Justice database.

Then there is the fact that Native Americans are killed in police encounters at a higher rate than any other racial or ethnic group, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Where is that story being told?

The historical traumas Native Americans face have manifested through loss of our people and the loss of our land. And while we have been told by dominant society to “get over it” and to assimilate, all we Native people want to do is remember and honor those who gave their lives so we could be here. We don’t need to be reminded that general American society is so disinterested in, and disrespectful of, our culture that they choose to perform nonsense chants, while costumed in our clothes, to minimize our entire race into a goofy caricature for sport.

Too many people don’t care about Native Americans unless they can use our likeness for their companies, cars, or costumes. Many people don’t see the Native headdress unless they are at KC or Washington football games, Halloween parties, or music festivals.

So many of the images used in the Kansas City games — the arrowhead, which is specifically Native American; the horse called “War Paint” they prance around the field before the game; the beating drums; and that tomahawk chop — are used in disrespectful and often bastardized contexts. For example, Native people respect the drum, and that drum is never used in the presence of alcohol. War Paint is used to mark our horses and warriors to protect them. Using our cultural ways to “pump up” your team is disrespectful and racist.

I met a man a couple of months ago in Lawrence, Kansas, who was a member of the Boy Scouts of America’s Tribe of Mic-o-Say, whose members dress up as Native Americans and do powwow dances. The Mic-o-Say are based in Missouri and eastern Kansas and state their mission is “to make ethical choices over their lifetimes by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Scout Law.” The group was founded by H. Roe Bartle, a white man whose Scout moniker “Chief Lone Bear” gave the Kansas City football team its name.

The man I spoke to was also a military veteran. He refused to believe that his dressing up as a Native American is cultural appropriation, instead saying the clothing and dances “honor” Native Americans by continuing their traditions.

I asked him how he feels about people who pretend to be veterans when they are not. That is what the Native headdress equates to: Chiefs went to battle and earned it, much like the medals military veterans earn. But he refused to see the correlation.

It saddens me that the city I work in continues to celebrate the racist “tomahawk chop.” I have heard it at concerts, in commercials for grocery stores. I love Kansas City, especially its diversity. I also worry that this tradition will find another audience of young people who perpetuate it without realizing what it is doing to erase the Native Americans living here.

As part of my classes teaching mass communication, we talk not just about the true history of Native Americans and the impact of stereotypes, but also how we can fix this. Educating students about Native people needs to be a priority in school systems nationwide; educators need to emphasize the real, unsanitized history of how Indigenous people were treated and the problems associated with demeaning stereotypes. Native people need to be included in larger conversations as actual people, not just as entertainment during sports games.

I only hope people will understand this is not about being “politically correct.” It is about understanding and respecting the horrible history our ancestors were subjected to and the policies enacted by the US government to erase our Native identity.

Maybe it is time to start a new tradition of treating all people, including Native Americans, as human beings.

This essay is adapted from commentary in the The Kansas City Star and on KansasCity.com.

Rhonda LeValdo teaches media communications at Haskell Indian Nations University in Lawrence, Kansas.

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2020/2/1/21115858/super-bowl-2020-chiefs-kansas-city

KC Star:
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/vahe-gregorian/article244153762.html

Kansas City Magazine:
https://www.kansascitymag.com/is-the-tomahawk-chop-racist-depends-who-you-ask/

Twitter has its own hashtag
https://mobile.twitter.com/chopisracist

NY Times: Stop the Chop
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/sports/football/chiefs-tomahawk-chop.html

CasselGotPeedOn
07-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Vox? Lulz

TLO
07-05-2020, 06:18 PM
tl;dr

Good luck with that though.

Randallflagg
07-05-2020, 06:20 PM
Chairman Maos "Cultural revolution".

Titty Meat
07-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Liberal faggots

BigRedChief
07-05-2020, 06:21 PM
Vox? Lulz

According to the notes, it’s originally from the KC Star. Google the chop. Lots of articles out there tha it’s racist. But, go ahead and keep your head in the sand.

KCUnited
07-05-2020, 06:22 PM
First Seattle now KC’s chop

Eleazar
07-05-2020, 06:23 PM
Vox is a trash publication but the chop is stupid. It’s not really our cheer, anyway

Coach
07-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Vox is a trash publication but the chop is stupid. It’s not really our cheer, anyway

Agreed on both counts.

I hate the chop, not because either it is or is not a race issue. I just hate it because it's just annoying as hell.

It just got to go.

RealSNR
07-05-2020, 06:33 PM
Am I the only Chiefs fan who doesn't give a shit about the chop?

There are a zillion other Arrowhead traditions old and new. If this will shut people up, then go ahead and get rid of it.

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. "Don't give them an inch!"

I just want to watch Patrick Mahomes win Super Bowls, people. Preferably by playing for the Kansas City football team known as the Chiefs and nothing else, and preferably in the classic red uniforms.

Hammock Parties
07-05-2020, 06:34 PM
haha

piss off

RealSNR
07-05-2020, 06:35 PM
Agreed on both counts.

I hate the chop, not because either it is or is not a race issue. I just hate it because it's just annoying as hell.

It just got to go.

I really hate when I'm watching TV, basking in the glow of a glorious Chiefs primetime win, and they have the on-field crew doing interviews with the players and coaches, and I have to listen to the damn chop compete with what they're trying to say.

Honestly, this is something that can go away.

KurtCobain
07-05-2020, 06:35 PM
Q

OnTheWarpath15
07-05-2020, 07:09 PM

There are a zillion other Arrowhead traditions old and new. If this will shut people up, then go ahead and get rid of it.

I just want to watch Patrick Mahomes win Super Bowls, people. Preferably by playing for the Kansas City football team known as the Chiefs and nothing else, and preferably in the classic red uniforms.

I'm with you. It's just not that big of a deal to me.

Honestly, same with the name Chiefs. As long as we have Mahomes, we could be called the Kansas City Dicklickers for all I care.

It's funny the things people get outraged over.

lewdog
07-05-2020, 07:10 PM
Yeah well we can still do it!!

Chief Roundup
07-05-2020, 07:24 PM
This is old news.

Chief Northman
07-05-2020, 07:31 PM
Ban rooting for your team. Racist and divisive.

Kman34
07-05-2020, 07:32 PM
oh...oh...oh.oh...FUCK YOU KAREN..

Bump
07-05-2020, 07:36 PM
I say give in, give it all up. Change everything, the name, the stadium name, throw out anyone that does the chop. It's gotta be changed to something that sounds really woke. I'm not sure what to suggest, but it has to be woke AF.

I'd be more entertained by the reactions of everyone than I would the actual game. Do it!

KChiefs1
07-05-2020, 07:39 PM
The Kansas City Rocks or Dirt

That can’t offend anyone right?

Eleazar

Getting rid of the chop won't stop them. They'll come for the team's name and logo, because trying to appease a cancel mob is like trying to put a fire out with gasoline.

I just think the chop is stupid as hell and annoying, and was stolen from another team anyway, so forget it

BigRedChief
This is old news.if you don’t think the Chiefs banning the Chop at Arrowhead is a possibility this year, your not paying attention to current news.

KChiefs1
07-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Isn’t Kansas City named after native Americans?

KChiefs1
07-05-2020, 07:41 PM
Cancel Culture is real. Deal with it.

Rain Man
07-05-2020, 07:42 PM
It's interesting that a lot of us don't like the chop. It seems like it should be easy to do away with it and replace it with something better.

Red Dawg
07-05-2020, 07:43 PM
You would think Native Americans would like teams bearing their heritage. Maybe not the Redskin name but the others are not offensive. They rather have none? That makes no sense.

Cleavage
07-05-2020, 07:45 PM
oh...oh...oh.oh...**** YOU KAREN..

Let's ban the use of the name "Karen" when someone melts down too.

KChiefs1
07-05-2020, 07:45 PM
Then there is the fact that Native Americans are killed in police encounters at a higher rate than any other racial or ethnic group, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Where is that story being told?

WHAT???????

I thought African Americans were the police’s number one target?

KChiefs1
07-05-2020, 07:46 PM
You would think Native Americans would like teams bearing their heritage. Maybe not the Redskin name but the others are not offensive. They rather have none? That makes no sense.

Cancel Culture

Chief Roundup
07-05-2020, 07:49 PM
if you don’t think the Chiefs banning the Chop at Arrowhead is a possibility this year, your not paying attention to current news.

There will have to be games with fans first. Don't believe that is going to happen.

07-05-2020, 07:50 PM
Ok

RunKC
07-05-2020, 07:55 PM
Clark’s gonna be pissed when they come for the beating of the drum after he spent a pretty penny to make that awesome drum deck

Bwana
07-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Ignore them. If you want to do the chop, do the chop.

Spott
07-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Sometimes I hear it and think it’s kind of corny, but I do love hearing the chop during road games and hearing it at the Super Bowl was amazing.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-05-2020, 08:00 PM
Fight for your to right to party will sell more stadium beer.

Chiefaholic
07-05-2020, 08:00 PM
I'm part Irish.... That's right. **** your Lucky Charms, beyotch. I'm offended because.... Well, I don't know. But, I'm definitely offended about something.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-05-2020, 08:04 PM
The Missouri and Kansan Indians may not be happy with Jackson county anyway.

Chiefaholic
07-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Who were the tribes they brought in a few years ago for input on the drum and what-not?

BlackOp
07-05-2020, 08:12 PM
In fairness...the "chop" didn't do shit for the Chiefs in 50 years.

displacedinMN
07-05-2020, 08:17 PM
Isn’t Kansas City named after native Americans?

Half of everything is.

Mohawk carpet is next.

Then anything with the word 'white' in it.

sedated
07-05-2020, 08:33 PM
That article was clearly before the Super Bowl, so 6 months old?

Everyone has lost their minds and its so tiring. Not only the people writing these click bait opinions, but also the people screaming about how they are losing everything they love.

Hydrae
07-05-2020, 08:33 PM
https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-celebrate-american-indian-heritage-month-by-honoring-local-tribes-x4607

Tuesday, Dec 03, 2019 11:53 AM

Chiefs Celebrate American Indian Heritage Month by Honoring Local Tribes

Matt McMullen

The Kansas City Chiefs celebrated American Indian Heritage Month for a sixth-consecutive year at Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday as part of the Chiefs' ongoing commitment to honoring the Native community.

Representatives from several different tribes were on hand for a number of pregame and in-game events dedicated to observing Native American culture and educating the fans in attendance.

The event existed through a collaboration between the Chiefs and the American Indian Community Working Group, which serves as a liaison for the Native community and as an advisor to the Chiefs in order to promote an awareness and understanding of Native cultures and tribes in the region.

The ceremony began with the Blessing of the Four Directions, led by Fred Thomas from the Kickapoo Nation of Kansas in the way of their people. The blessing was meant to bring a sense of preparation and good spirit to the afternoon.

Following the blessing, Lakota Nation native Cody Hall performed a Drum Blessing before the Chief Hill Drum Group, from the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe of South Dakota, participated in a ceremonial drum Honor Song so that the drum may be later sounded in the Chiefs' tradition.

A drum is much more than just a musical instrument in Native cultures – it holds significant symbolic power. Traditionally constructed from the hides of animals, the drum possesses a powerful spirit representing the life of the animal. The beating of the drum is symbolic of the heartbeat of the animal, uniting those in attendance with the animal's spirit.

After the Honor Song, the colors were presented by the Kansas Native American Color Guard as singer/songwriter Tabitha Fair, a member of the Chickasaw Nation, and Victoria Venier performed the National Anthem while each wearing No. 41 jerseys representing Chiefs' longsnapper James Winchester, who has Choctaw heritage in his family.

"That was pretty cool, I got to shake hands with them afterwards," Winchester said. "I think it's neat that the Chiefs recognize this. My grandma's side is where the Native blood comes from and I'm proud of it."

And for many back in Winchester's native Oklahoma, the five-year veteran serves as an inspiration for what individuals of Native heritage can achieve.

"I don't think I'm deserving of any status as a role model, but you know the people back home think it's cool and they follow me, and that makes it special," Winchester said. "I play this game because I love it, but to be somewhat of an inspiration for people back home is probably the coolest thing about this gig."

As kickoff neared, Chiefs Chairman & CEO Clark Hunt presented a No. 21 Jim Thorpe jersey to Justin Wood, the Principal Chief of the Sac and Fox Nation - which Thorpe was a member of - and two of Thorpe's granddaughters on the field. Thorpe was the first president of the NFL, and the presentation recognized the 100th anniversary of that achievement.

It all made for an educational morning that provided fans with a glimpse into Native cultures and traditions, and the festivities continued into the game itself.

U.S. Air Force and Vietnam War Veteran Jerry Tuckwin, who continues to be an active figure in the operations of the Prairie Band Potawatomi, served as the Lamar Hunt Legacy Seat honoree on Sunday while Special Olympian Bradley Tanner, a native of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma, beat the drum as the Tony DiPardo Spirit Leader at the beginning of the fourth quarter.

It all represented a special relationship that was featured on the biggest of stages on Sunday, again demonstrating the Chiefs' commitment to learning from and celebrating the Native community.

Jamie
07-05-2020, 08:34 PM
I never understood the logic in bringing back the horse and the drum. The first goal should be to protect the Chiefs name, and bringing in more native stuff just puts us more in the cross hairs.

The chop, I don't care that much. I've never felt comfortable doing it, but I don't see how you could realistically ban it. It's like when they tried to control crowd noise, it's just not going to work.

BigRedChief
07-05-2020, 08:49 PM
Ignore them. If you want to do the chop, do the chop.fans will always do the chop. Whether the Chief's play the music, whether they bang the drum.

R Clark
07-05-2020, 08:51 PM
Give an inch they will take a mile. Screw em

Bowser
07-05-2020, 09:08 PM
Give it up because it's old and played out, but not because a bunch of suburban housewives are just looking to be triggered over the Next Big Racist Thing.

Frazod
07-05-2020, 09:09 PM
Never cared for the chop in the past. Thought it was annoying.

But I'll do it now just to make the cunts cry.

stevieray
07-05-2020, 09:52 PM
no fun for you.

Best22
07-05-2020, 10:00 PM
In fairness...the "chop" didn't do shit for the Chiefs in 50 years.

They didn’t have the chop for 50 years

It started in the 1990s

TEX
07-05-2020, 10:05 PM
Fuck them!

digger
07-05-2020, 10:19 PM
So glad we got in 1 super bowl win (in my life time) before all this shit happened...

(Really didn't have a deal with the devil)

TomBarndtsTwin
07-05-2020, 10:35 PM
Give it up because it's old and played out, but not because a bunch of suburban housewives are just looking to be triggered over the Next Big Racist Thing.

This.

The chop and chant is more nostalgic for me. It will forever be associated with those 90’s Chiefs teams with Marty and all those great defensive teams we had. I loved that era! I grew up in it as a Chiefs fan. But it’s over.

When Vermeil came in, it was like a new era and offense ruled the day. Defense was set aside. And then a bunch of shitty teams for years until Andy Reid arrives to bring back respectability to the Chiefs with a more balanced team. And then in 2017, the chosen one arrives and changes everything.

This is a new Chiefs era. The era of Mahomes and winning titles. Let’s enjoy it and start some new traditions that are forever associated with this great era! We don’t need the chop anymore. (Besides, we stole it from the Florida State Seminoles anyway) It had its time and place, but that time has past. Time to move on. (But not cause of any PC bullshit)

On to bigger and better things . . . . . .

Bugeater
07-05-2020, 11:03 PM
I'm with you. It's just not that big of a deal to me.

Honestly, same with the name Chiefs. As long as we have Mahomes, we could be called the Kansas City Dicklickers for all I care.

It's funny the things people get outraged over.
...and the hoooome....of the....DICKLICKERS....?

I suppose that would fix THAT problem as well.

WhiteWhale
07-05-2020, 11:11 PM
The new age puritans been bitching about it since 2012

arrowheadnation
07-05-2020, 11:12 PM
lol...like they can stop it. Unlike "We're gonna beat the hell out of you...", we don't need any accompanying music for the chop. Fuck'em.

Redbled
07-05-2020, 11:18 PM
Nothing short of the Kansas City Cop Killers will truly please them.

InChiefsHeaven
07-06-2020, 06:34 AM
I like the chop. There, I said it. I don't care that it originated elsewhere (FL State or the Atlanta Braves right?). I like it. It's fucking cool to hear it in away stadiums too. And you definitely can hear it. Opposing fans hate it. Good.

The only thing the Chiefs can do is stop playing the theme. Fans can and will continue to do the chop. And now that it's becoming a target of Cancel Culture...chop ON bitches!

HonestChieffan
07-06-2020, 06:45 AM
do it more, do it louder

stupid article and more Star garbage..

KChiefs1
07-06-2020, 07:46 AM
The Missouri and Kansan Indians may not be happy with Jackson county anyway.

Jackson County was named after who? Did they have slaves? Need to rename the county.

KChiefs1
07-06-2020, 07:47 AM
Who were the tribes they brought in a few years ago for input on the drum and what-not?

Obviously they were a racist tribe.

KChiefs1
07-06-2020, 07:52 AM
Nothing short of the Kansas City Cop Killers will truly please them.

Great name & not racist & it only offends the cops, so who gives a fuck right?

displacedinMN
07-06-2020, 07:55 AM
Jackson County was named after who? Did they have slaves? Need to rename the county.

they want everything renamed

Pablo
07-06-2020, 07:58 AM
Let's change the name to the Beefs and the chop can be modified to a two hand cutting motion like you're making chopped bbq!

Or just wave cutouts of pork chops in the same motion we use now. I'm excited about our new, meat based traditions.

KChiefs1
07-06-2020, 08:02 AM
Let's change the name to the Beefs and the chop can be modified to a two hand cutting motion like you're making chopped bbq!

Or just wave cutouts of pork chops in the same motion we use now. I'm excited about our new, meat based traditions.

PETA will be offended.

displacedinMN
07-06-2020, 08:09 AM
PETA will be offended.

peta is perpetually offended

neech
07-06-2020, 08:14 AM
BRC's avatar is offensive to women get rid of it BRC.

InChiefsHeaven
07-06-2020, 08:15 AM
peta is perpetually offended

...and these guys aren't?

displacedinMN
07-06-2020, 08:26 AM
...and these guys aren't?

Everything is offensive.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-06-2020, 08:43 AM
Jackson county was named after Andrew Jackson. No friend of the Native American. Google not kind

Spott
07-06-2020, 09:14 AM
Jackson county was named after Andrew Jackson. No friend of the Native American. Google not kind

The SJW’s will just think it’s named after Jesse Jackson and leave it alone.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-06-2020, 09:21 AM
Nobody deserves anything if they are looked at close enough. I guess the artists and sign makers get to make a living.

bobhill
07-06-2020, 09:29 AM
Just like a name change it isnt gonna change or go away. So go pound sand

BigRedChief
07-06-2020, 09:33 AM
BRC's avatar is offensive to women get rid of it BRC.Wait till they see the women with clothes and then naked thread..... they are going to go ballistic.

Warrior5
07-06-2020, 09:40 AM
Never cared for the chop in the past. Thought it was annoying.

But I'll do it now just to make the ****s cry.

:LOL:

Fish
07-06-2020, 09:55 AM
I'm sure 80,000 drunk Chiefs fans are gonna be totally compliant with this...

dallaschiefsfan
07-06-2020, 10:00 AM
Here's the end game of all these weird patterns of thinking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j55aoZKSnE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1QHYgrIgNHvCCxkamBBKaWKr0qprWFUNbdCJqGfha3NdQwzrR-B2OS0qE

MTG#10
07-06-2020, 10:22 AM
I hate cancel culture as much as the next rational person but I dont give a damn about this. Its lame anyway and I cringe every time you dumbasses do it.

alanm
07-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Wait till they see the women with clothes and then naked thread..... they are going to go ballistic.I find nothing at all offensive about your avatar. Are they offended about the Chiefs logo tastefully placed? :D

redfan
07-06-2020, 11:30 AM
The chop can go, it's unoriginal. It was always borrowed from FSU.

BleedingRed
07-06-2020, 11:38 AM
Great now I have to do this shit louder....... Thanks

Frazod
07-06-2020, 11:54 AM
I certainly understand why Snyder has dug in so hard and for so long on the Redskins name. The vast majority of the people pushing this PC shit aren't Native Americans and have probably never even met a Native American. All they want to do is control and destroy.

srvy
07-06-2020, 12:40 PM
I'm sure oldtimers will remember this ditty and official chiefs fight song. This was a sweet lil ditty played at Municipal Stadium and a few tears at Arrowhead. The Chiefs are on the Warpath, a collaboration of The Great Tony DiPardo and local Kansas Citian Marilyn Maye who Johnny Carson always claimed was America's greatest female voice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yiu4OHElJ-0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

arrowheadnation
07-06-2020, 03:04 PM
Delete

eDave
07-06-2020, 03:25 PM
Not a big deal to me. I never participated because it looks silly and I try hard not to be "that guy".

But how do you actually stop the chop?

Pitt Gorilla
07-06-2020, 04:27 PM
Good. Literally nobody is going to care about losing that unoriginal crap.

Rain Man
07-06-2020, 04:32 PM
Not a big deal to me. I never participated because it looks silly and I try hard not to be "that guy".

But how do you actually stop the chop?

I think you become the Comets and the hand signals are arcing up and then down like a comet across the sky.

I'm really liking this Comets possibility.

BigRedChief
07-12-2020, 02:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s time for the Chiefs to defuse the cultural offenses they enable and reflect<a href="https://t.co/iqEZp9p1bN">https://t.co/iqEZp9p1bN</a></p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1282289672677449729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eDave
07-12-2020, 02:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s time for the Chiefs to defuse the cultural offenses they enable and reflect<a href="https://t.co/iqEZp9p1bN">https://t.co/iqEZp9p1bN</a></p>&mdash; Vahe Gregorian (@vgregorian) <a href="https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1282289672677449729?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Little Distant Circling Hawk checking in.

Frazod
07-12-2020, 02:59 PM
Vahe Gregorian can go fuck himself.

And the embarrassing remnants of that sorry ass fishwrap can't go bankrupt and out of business fast enough.

Hammock Parties
07-12-2020, 03:12 PM
fuckin' vahe has gone senile

shouldn't be surprised since he was at the head of the crusade to destroy tyreek hill

Frazod
07-12-2020, 03:21 PM
He's probably still pissed off about the Super Bowl. Nobody hates the Chiefs like the staff of the star.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-12-2020, 03:45 PM
"Let's take down a monument," whispered just right. Might be the magic you wanted.

siberian khatru
07-12-2020, 04:30 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fuck you.</p>&mdash; F.A.X. Howard (@FAX_online) <a href="https://twitter.com/FAX_online/status/1282376089197666304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 05:23 PM
Vahe Gregorian can go **** himself.

And the embarrassing remnants of that sorry ass fishwrap can't go bankrupt and out of business fast enough.

I am surprised the KC Star still has press credentials with the Chiefs. All they do is run hit pieces against them and their players.

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 05:24 PM
Due to COVID precautions- the KC Star will not be allowed at Arrowhead One.

Done.

MahiMike
07-12-2020, 05:28 PM
Cancel Culture is real. Deal with it.

YOU deal with it. Like a pussy if you want. As for me and my kin, we shall chop with both fucking hands now!

MahiMike
07-12-2020, 05:29 PM
Due to COVID precautions- the KC Star will not be allowed at Arrowhead One.

Done.

Defund the Media.

dj56dt58
07-12-2020, 05:44 PM

You want to name the chiefs after a fart?

R Clark
07-12-2020, 05:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">**** you.</p>&mdash; F.A.X. Howard (@FAX_online) <a href="https://twitter.com/FAX_online/status/1282376089197666304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got it right!

Chiefspants
07-12-2020, 05:59 PM
The Chiefs (similar to the Braves in baseball) have been incredibly fortunate by having a team that has abysmal racial stereotypes in league like Washington that has allowed the Chiefs to escape the lionshare of national scrutiny.

The moment Washington changes their name, that media scrutiny is going to firebomb the Chiefs. It'll be interesting to see how Clark and company respond to it. My gut tells me that the Chop will be a goner, but I'm not sure much else about the team will need to change.

The Chiefs, for their part, have made very legitimate overtures to the Native American community and have a lot of fans hailing from significant Native American communities in Oklahoma. With how the Chiefs actively worked with Native American communities for the drum tradition, it makes me wonder if the Chiefs are/would actively work behind the scenes to perhaps create a new chant (in leiu of the chop) perhaps with creatives from the Native American community. Fans won't like change, but the Chiefs had zero hesitation on pulling their Touchdown song (I can't even remember why) and after a few angry fans spoke out, and got over it, we now have a much better song thanks to Travis Kelce.

I think the Chiefs are forward thinking enough to anticipate the issue here and find common ground, the org has definitely done so before (linked article below):

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article176614726.html

Hammock Parties
07-12-2020, 06:15 PM
Chop won't be a goner, because you can't stop 80,000 people.

Chiefspants
07-12-2020, 06:23 PM
Chop won't be a goner, because you can't stop 80,000 people.

Oh yeah, if the fans do it themselves there's nothing that can really be done. See: **** KU chants in Manhappenin'.

Easy 6
07-12-2020, 06:29 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fuck you.</p>&mdash; F.A.X. Howard (@FAX_online) <a href="https://twitter.com/FAX_online/status/1282376089197666304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO well said, Mr FAX

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 06:31 PM
The Chiefs (similar to the Braves in baseball) have been incredibly fortunate by having a team that has abysmal racial stereotypes in league like Washington that has allowed the Chiefs to escape the lionshare of national scrutiny.

The moment Washington changes their name, that media scrutiny is going to firebomb the Chiefs. It'll be interesting to see how Clark and company respond to it. My gut tells me that the Chop will be a goner, but I'm not sure much else about the team will need to change.

The Chiefs, for their part, have made very legitimate overtures to the Native American community and have a lot of fans hailing from significant Native American communities in Oklahoma. With how the Chiefs actively worked with Native American communities for the drum tradition, it makes me wonder if the Chiefs are/would actively work behind the scenes to perhaps create a new chant (in leiu of the chop) perhaps with creatives from the Native American community. Fans won't like change, but the Chiefs had zero hesitation on pulling their Touchdown song (I can't even remember why) and after a few angry fans spoke out, and got over it, we now have a much better song thanks to Travis Kelce.

I think the Chiefs are forward thinking enough to anticipate the issue here and find common ground, the org has definitely done so before (linked article below):

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article176614726.html

Another retarded article by a fucking moron looking to create a problem where there is none and call it Social Justice. Go fuck yourself.

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 06:48 PM
Hey guys- let's get on board with some changes for Social Equality!!

No American flag- racist symbol of oppression
No Anthem- White Supremecy song
No Touchdown Celebrations - Bullying
No alcohol- Unfair to those surviving abusive alcoholics
No Tackling- COVID risk
No cheering- ^ same
No tailgating- Homeless insensitive and social distance risk
No Chiefs gear allowed inside- Racist to Natives
Rename the team and Arrowhead- ^ same
No meat products of any kind- PETA approved menu only
Equal tickets sold to all races- Price based on skin color and income level
No Police or security- they are racist
No flyovers or military allowed- **** these guys right, all they do is die for our country
No statues- pull them down!!
No White owners- Sorry Clark
No Playoffs or Superbowl- Every team gets a trophy.
Berkas to be worn at all times- Praise Allah!
No clapping or Chop- Black Power Fist only

R Clark
07-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Another retarded article by a ****ing moron looking to create a problem where there is none and call it Social Justice. Go **** yourself.

Right on ,you have an excellent way with words much like Mr fax I love it.

comochiefsfan
07-12-2020, 06:54 PM
I’m so sick of the pandering.

Does Vahe Gregorian give two shits about Native American imagery? Does it really bother him? Does it keep him up at night?

Of course not.

But he does care about looking woke so his liberal media buddies can pat him on the back and tell him what a great job he’s doing.

Get rid of the chop and headdresses? I can see it.

Get rid of “Chiefs” and “Arrowhead” Stadium? What a joke.

Chiefspants
07-12-2020, 07:01 PM
Another retarded article by a ****ing moron looking to create a problem where there is none and call it Social Justice. Go **** yourself.

FTR, I don't want to change anything about the Chiefs name or Arrowhead Stadium. Why I mention the chop is that the Braves are officially "reviewing" the use of the chop and I wonder about a domino effect if they scrap it (along with the intense scrutiny that will then immediately be placed on the Chiefs).

As Clay pointed out, 80,000 people will still have the power to do the chop and there's not much the Kansas City Star can do about that if the fans continue to do it anyways.

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 07:07 PM
I’m so sick of the pandering.

Does Vahe Gregorian give two shits about Native American imagery? Does it really bother him? Does it keep him up at night?

Of course not.

But he does care about looking woke so his liberal media buddies can pat him on the back and tell him what a great job he’s doing.

Get rid of the chop and headdresses? I can see it.

Get rid of “Chiefs” and “Arrowhead” Stadium? What a joke.

The Chiefs just built a drum section for the Chop- based on the blessings of area tribes all over the midwest. It is not going anywhere.

The Chiefs have supported local Native American tribes- what have all the crybaby assholes complaining about the Chief's name and chop done? Nothing!

If people don't like it- don't go into Arrowhead- simple.

displacedinMN
07-12-2020, 07:54 PM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29452330/braves-not-changing-name-looking-chop

BigRedChief
07-12-2020, 09:12 PM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29452330/braves-not-changing-name-looking-chop

People will do the chop. But, if by some miracle there are fans in the stands this year, the Chiefs won’t play the music or bang the drum.

Halfcan
07-12-2020, 10:11 PM
People will do the chop. But, if by some miracle there are fans in the stands this year, the Chiefs won’t play the music or bang the drum.

Do you mean the drum on the huge drum deck they just built with the blessing of all the local tribes- who have also come to games as guest to bang the giant drum?

Dayze
07-13-2020, 05:09 AM
Do you mean the drum on the huge drum deck they just built with the blessing of all the local tribes- who have also come to games as guest to bang the giant drum?

But white people are offended by proxy.
So therefore it must go.

Gravedigger
07-13-2020, 06:30 AM
https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-celebrate-american-indian-heritage-month-by-honoring-local-tribes-x4607

Lzen
07-13-2020, 07:37 AM
...and the hoooome....of the....DICKLICKERS....?

I suppose that would fix THAT problem as well.

LMAOLMAO

neech
07-13-2020, 07:46 AM
If one person gets upset about it then we must get rid of it.

Bill Brasky
07-13-2020, 09:00 AM
It’s not our celebration anyway. I don’t give two shits if it goes away.

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 10:35 AM
Do you mean the drum on the huge drum deck they just built with the blessing of all the local tribes- who have also come to games as guest to bang the giant drum?Yes, that drum. This is bigger than a local tribe.

As I said in the Redskins thread. The NFL is all about commercialism. GEHA, Publix come to them and say we'd appreciate you not doing the chop, they will stop doing it because they know other sponsors wont replace them. Without sponsors, there is not football.

Gravedigger
07-13-2020, 10:37 AM
Yes, that drum. This is bigger than a local tribe.

As I said in the Redskins thread. The NFL is all about commercialism. GEHA, Publix come to them and say we'd appreciate you not doing the chop, they will stop doing it because they know other sponsors wont replace them. Without sponsors, there is not football.

We don't need a song, or a drum, to do the chop. Let them stop it from sponsors pressure, fans will still do it. I don't think getting rid of the chop will have the desired affect they're looking for.

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 10:40 AM
It’s not our celebration anyway. I don’t give two shits if it goes away.Yeah, we stole it from Florida state in the 90's.

I like the chop. We do it in Arrowhead South in all the chapters at every game. It's a fun thing. It's a video gamer first person shooter thing. No one is thinking I wish players would pull out tomahawks and chop up those players until they are dead.

Halfcan
07-13-2020, 11:08 AM
Yes, that drum. This is bigger than a local tribe.

As I said in the Redskins thread. The NFL is all about commercialism. GEHA, Publix come to them and say we'd appreciate you not doing the chop, they will stop doing it because they know other sponsors wont replace them. Without sponsors, there is no football.

Without Fans, there is no football. Sponsors are a dime a dozen. Price Chopper never had a problem and even used the chop in their commercials.

I was at the games when it started up- and anyone saying it was intended to mean- "taking a tomahawk and scalping someone to death" - are only trying to create a complete bullshit story to fit their ridiculous social justice narrative.

It started because DT used to "chop" the ball out of QB hands when he sacked them to create a fumble. Who cares if other college teams did it- the Chiefs had their own reasons and it was encouraged by DT and other players. It creates a psychological advantage against the other team- they hate it- because it pumps up the players and crowd.

Most of the people at the KC Star and other idiots who are complaining- are not even Native Americans. So the Chiefs should not care about their latest cry baby fit over an Arrowhead name, the chop or what fans in a free country decide to wear to a game. KC Star has zero integrity and are no position to tell the Chiefs or anyone else about "justice".

Halfcan
07-13-2020, 11:14 AM
We don't need a song, or a drum, to do the chop. Let them stop it from sponsors pressure, fans will still do it. I don't think getting rid of the chop will have the desired affect they're looking for.

There is no Sponsor pressure- GEHA just signed a huge contract with the Chiefs. If they had a problem with the Chief's image or Chop they would have passed.

It is only pos liberal rags like the KC Star and NY Times. Who both have a complete radical leftist agenda.

"Oh no, the NY Times does not like something- we better stop!!" They should be more worried about the rampant crime in their city and corrupt mayor than what we are doing.

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 01:46 PM
Without Fans, there is no football. Sponsors are a dime a dozen. Saw a report on ESPN that under the new CBA, the TV rights could be so high the ticket revenue may only be 15% of the total NFL revenue.

It took them 10 years and Mahomes magic to find GEHA. Local sponsors are a dime a dozen. But the real money is in big corporations. National companies.

KChiefs1
07-13-2020, 03:07 PM
What should Arrowhead Stadium be changed to?

GEHA Stadium?

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 04:58 PM
What should Arrowhead Stadium be changed to?

GEHA Stadium?DUH....... Lamar Hunt Stadium

R Clark
07-13-2020, 07:00 PM
There is no Sponsor pressure- GEHA just signed a huge contract with the Chiefs. If they had a problem with the Chief's image or Chop they would have passed.

It is only pos liberal rags like the KC Star and NY Times. Who both have a complete radical leftist agenda.

"Oh no, the NY Times does not like something- we better stop!!" They should be more worried about the rampant crime in their city and corrupt mayor than what we are doing.

Yep

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-13-2020, 07:46 PM
The Clark's with the Shitter's Full chant!

KChiefs1
07-13-2020, 10:43 PM
DUH....... Lamar Hunt Stadium

:thumb:

KChiefs1
07-13-2020, 10:44 PM
I’m all in on the Kansas City Monarchs to honor the Negro League.

|Zach|
07-13-2020, 11:29 PM

this

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 11:41 PM
I’m all in on the Kansas City Monarchs to honor the Negro League.That’s not going to work. Racial approbation or however it’s spelled.

BigRedChief
07-13-2020, 11:49 PM
:thumb:

After the obvious racial name like Redskins, as Daface pointed out, where it’s an issue is imagery. We got rid of the white guy painted red riding around on game day. We get rid of the Arrowhead. Indian imagery, the stadium endorsed and promoted chop. We should be able to keep the Chiefs name.

Who’s going to be pissed off about a stadium named after Lamar Hunt?

Rasputin
07-14-2020, 02:35 AM
About I'd say 800,000 people were doing the Tomahawk Chop during the parade celebration at the Station in Kansas City nothing can take that memory of me in the middle of that epic fun day I had.

Skip to 4:38:00 and you know what I mean

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/thXkcRXk1Uo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You gotta fight for your right to Partay so haters can suck Deeze Nuts

KCChiefsFan88
07-14-2020, 08:42 AM

I've always hated the Tomahawk Chop because I associated it with Florida State.

So under different circumstances I would have no problem with the Chiefs dropping it, but not if it is part of a larger Woke Cancel Mania push to change everything about the franchise's branding.

Coochie liquor
02-04-2021, 07:09 AM
Looks like protests outside the SB about the Chiefs name and the chop. Probably planned by Brady.

Beef Supreme
02-04-2021, 07:21 AM
Solving the world's real injustices here. How brave.

BigRichard
02-04-2021, 07:24 AM
And they wonder why we can't separate the politics from the discussion of football.

Dartgod
02-04-2021, 07:30 AM
Solving the world's real injustices here. How brave.

Reported for insensitivity.

stevieray
02-04-2021, 07:42 AM
Exhausting.

Social media isn't social.

DaKCMan AP
02-04-2021, 07:56 AM
Yeah, we stole it from Florida state in the 90's.

I like the chop. We do it in Arrowhead South in all the chapters at every game. It's a fun thing. It's a video gamer first person shooter thing. No one is thinking I wish players would pull out tomahawks and chop up those players until they are dead.

I hate the chop. Never participate.

Go Gators!

htismaqe
02-04-2021, 08:07 AM
That’s not going to work. Racial approbation or however it’s spelled.

I think you meant "appropriation".

"Approbation" is an act of praise or confirmation. ;)

stevieray
02-04-2021, 08:16 AM
I think you meant "appropriation".

"Approbation" is an act of praise or confirmation. ;)

Well done.

;)

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2021, 08:36 AM
Watch last years Superbowl and listen to the Chiefs fan doing the chop... It was awesome on TV and even better in person.,,

scho63
02-04-2021, 08:39 AM
So the will have the "Chop Police" out in force to arrest and toss anyone out doing this? :doh!:

PHOG
02-04-2021, 08:40 AM
Their chance to be on TV possibly, most couldn't really give a flip.

displacedinMN
02-04-2021, 05:07 PM
An article in the Minneapolis red star today about it. I will see if I can get linked. This may not happen if we don't go to the Super Bowl's.

displacedinMN
02-04-2021, 05:10 PM
Chiefs under pressure to ditch the tomahawk chop celebration. http://strib.mn/3oN5T2M

loochy
02-04-2021, 05:14 PM
An article in the Minneapolis red star today about it. I will see if I can get linked. This may not happen if we don't go to the Super Bowl's.

If we don't go to the Super Bowl's what? You left out part of your sentence.

Chiefshrink
02-04-2021, 05:19 PM
"Hey, don't be political now, this IS the lounge you know.":rolleyes:

IowaHawkeyeChief
02-04-2021, 05:22 PM
Chiefs under pressure to ditch the tomahawk chop celebration. http://strib.mn/3oN5T2M

The comments are interesting... Also, the fact that the "chant" conjures up Native Americans as Savages and the Boyscout take is ridiculous...:rolleyes:

displacedinMN
02-04-2021, 05:22 PM
If we don't go to the Super Bowl's what? You left out part of your sentence.Maybe it should say this would not be an issue if we did not make Multiple super bowls.

I'm sitting waiting in my truck contributing to global warming. Not a big fan of Typing on my phone

displacedinMN
02-04-2021, 05:23 PM
The comments are interesting... Also, the fact that the "chant" conjures up Native Americans as Savages and the Boyscout take is ridiculous...:rolleyes:I dropped one on there. I am sure you can figure out which one is mine. As of now it's still there. Not surprised if it gets deleted

Otter
02-04-2021, 07:28 PM
I despise woke culture

KCChiefsFan88
02-04-2021, 07:33 PM

Are they going after Florida State next... i.e. the originators of the Tomahawk Chop at sporting events?

Of course they’d have to deal with the inconvenient reality that the Seminole Tribe of Florida... i.e. actual injuns... have supported/approved of FSU using the chop for 40+ years.

HonestChieffan
02-04-2021, 07:34 PM
telling 78000 people, many tanked, they cant do the chop.

ill watch this

Hammock Parties
02-04-2021, 07:40 PM
the star keeps rolling this shit out like anyone cares

sweetie, the only ones who care are your SJW moron friends in the big cities you are trying to so hard to be like....maybe one day you can join their libshit cool kids club if you virtue signal hard enough in your midwestern fishwrap

neech
02-04-2021, 08:47 PM
Does anyone on here actually subscribe to The Star?

vonBobo
02-04-2021, 10:04 PM
So the will have the "Chop Police" out in force to arrest and toss anyone out doing this? :doh!:

No! It is just to help identify the jackasses.

dlphg9
02-04-2021, 10:36 PM
LMAO yes such pressure from Florida Indigenous Rights and Environmental Equality. A group so influential with it's 880 Facebook likes. They're constantly posting shit to their FB page about the Chiefs and they consistently get 5 or 5 likes. They have a petition to make the Chiefs change their names that's signed by a whopping 3000 people.

The media keeps exaggerating the size of these groups to make it seem like people care.

dlphg9
02-04-2021, 10:41 PM
https://kansasreflector.com/2021/01/25/what-if-we-listened-to-the-people-whove-spent-15-years-protesting-the-kansas-city-nfl-teams-name/

We’re not going to debate whether Kansas City’s NFL team should change its name. It should.

What we’re going to do, as the team and its fans celebrate their second trip to the Super Bowl in as many years, is spend a couple of minutes listening to the people who’ve been peacefully protesting before games near an entrance to Arrowhead Stadium since long before the team was a contender for anything.

Sometimes it’s just a handful of people, sometimes it’s 50. Rhonda LeValdo, who now teaches journalism at Haskell Indian Nations University, organized the first such demonstration when she was a student at the University of Kansas. It was October 2005.

“I got some KU students and some Haskell students to protest a game when Kansas City was playing Washington. I thought that would be a big hit-two-nails-on-the-head kind of thing,” she remembers. “Man, there were a lot of people who came in from across the country for that protest.”

They branded their action Not In Our Honor, a rejoinder to the eyerolling argument that making cartoons based on a group of people pays homage to them.

It’s been more than 15 years now.

“We’ve been out there every single time if Kansas City was playing Washington, at least once a year, to make sure our voices were heard,” LeValdo says. “This year we’ve been out there for every game.”

As a mass communications teacher, LeValdo knows how to properly exercise First Amendment rights. The group protests on a sidewalk — a public space near a bus stop — where she knows they’re allowed.

“At Haskell, I teach about freedom of speech and the incitement standard,” she says. “So seeing what happened (at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6) was a whole teaching thing for me to use. I teach my students: You don’t want to be inciting something because you’re going to get arrested. We’re peaceful protesters.”

The same can’t always be said for football fans.

“It’s name calling, they do the tomahawk chop in front of us, flip us off, it’s all sorts of things,” LeValdo says. “Before the election they were saying ‘Trump,’ which was kind of weird. Last time we were out there, a guy pulled up in his truck right in front of us, stopped and yelled at us to F off, go home and F ourselves.”

It’s scarier when fans have clearly been drinking. LeValdo appreciates the fact that there’s always a group of helpful and friendly police nearby.

In one way, their efforts don’t seem to have made a difference — the whole world could see that last year. And even as Washington announced it would finally change its racist team name, the Kansas City situation grew absurd as the NFL tried to promote social justice this season in response to the Black Lives Matter movement.

“At their first game, in the endzone they had (painted) ‘End Racism,’ right above the Chiefs name, which is just dumb,” LeValdo says. “They’ve had baby steps with banning the headdresses and the makeup, but they still have the tomahawk chop, the drum they beat, the spirit leader who bangs the drum, the horse Warpaint. It’s all still bad.”

Yes, the team has been working with a group of American Indians to try to make its “traditions” less offensive. But, c’mon.

“One of the things I’ve always said is you can’t just be a little bit racist,” LeValdo says. “You are racist or you’re not. This is racist.”

Away from the front office, their effort seems to be working.

“Recently some veterans groups started coming out to stand with us,” LeValdo says. “And we’ve had a lot of people reach out to us.”

She’s heard from someone in Hays, where there’s a petition to change the high school mascot. An 11-year-old girl is pushing Shawnee Mission North High School to change its mascot. But as Haskell journalists reported in December, “nearly 1 out of every 10 schools in the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) appropriates Native imagery or culture.”

The team name and mascot situation isn’t technically about life or death, like Black Lives Matter or the problem of missing and murdered Indigenous people that some Kansas Legislators are trying to address. But it’s a related example of how white people are so weirdly unwilling to respect the experiences of people of color.

“I just wish people would understand from our perspective why this is so hurtful to us, to have that constant chop and the drum and everything out there,” LeValdo says. “I hear it on TV, on the radio, on billboards, walking down the street, people are saying ‘Chiefs!’ ”

There’s no escape from it.

“It’s totally nuts,” she says, “that people are so committed to their name and things they do at their games that they’re not willing to give it up.”

I’ll put it to my fellow white people another way. If someone tells you you’re hurting them and asks you to stop, why do you want to keep hurting them?

That last paragraph is comedic gold. $1000 says this broad managed to get less than 100 people to show up to her "protest". She says several veteran groups come join them, but never mentions the names of these groups or how many people show up.

She just wishes why people could understand why this is so hurtful, but can't even give a reason why she's hurt.

mr. tegu
02-04-2021, 10:52 PM
Drums are hurtful you animal. That’s all you need to know.

Pitt Gorilla
02-04-2021, 10:54 PM

Man, I'd be fine with that. It's dull and unoriginal.

njchiefs
02-05-2021, 07:24 AM
It’s pretty simple. If something used by a minority of the majority is truly offensive to the majority of a minority, then get rid of it. As much as I would hate to see it go, we would survive it. So the questions remain: Is it offensive to the majority of the minority, and how do you enforce its abolition if so?

OrtonsPiercedTaint
02-05-2021, 07:58 AM
The chop is from a time of futility. Things come & go

stevieray
02-05-2021, 08:37 AM
So very important.

Get lives people, stop trying to live other's for them.

:rolleyes:

InChiefsHeaven
02-05-2021, 09:54 AM
It’s pretty simple. If something used by a minority of the majority is truly offensive to the majority of a minority, then get rid of it. As much as I would hate to see it go, we would survive it. So the questions remain: Is it offensive to the majority of the minority, and how do you enforce its abolition if so?

I honestly don't think a majority of Native Americans give a shit one way or another. At least not a generation ago. In today's world though, it's popular and even trendy to be outraged and victimized by something that has nothing to do with you. I realize that everyone has their passions, and I can't help but take sides with some over another. BUT...this is just some thing that fans do, it's not meant to be disrespectful.

It's one of those things that a loud and small (and probably well funded) minority are offended by. I just don't really care I guess. If the Chiefs stopped playing the music for the Chop, the fans will do it anyway, for about another decade, and it'll die off. That's the best the haters can hope for...before running off to fight their next in a never ending string of crusades against...whatever...

EDIT - The Chiefs know however that making this concession will open the door to forcing a name change...and they don't want to do that...so they modified the Chop...take what you can get and go...

TEX
02-05-2021, 01:37 PM

And IF NOT offensive to the majority, when does the cancel culture crowd STFU and move on? Are Scandinavian People offended by the Vikings name and Skol Clap...Is that not the same thing? :shrug:

Pitt Gorilla
02-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Maybe we can simply change to 7 Nation Army. It's still boring and unoriginal, so Chief Fan will probably embrace it. I don't think it's offensive to anyone at the moment, but who knows.

It'd be a lateral move, IMO, but the Chiefs could at least claim they tried. :shrug:

displacedinMN
02-05-2021, 03:23 PM
waiting for someone to be offended....but did not call him the landlord

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He takes what is his and all of yours too ���� <a href="https://t.co/XXhFuWl5SV">pic.twitter.com/XXhFuWl5SV</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1357783553652760579?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9
02-05-2021, 05:07 PM

Hell I'd say if 1/4th of a minority finds it offensive, then get rid of it. There were 6.6 million natives in the US in 2016, so let's say 7 million now. So it'd take 1.75 million to change it. I doubt you could find 100k that give a shit. Maybe 25k. There are way more white SJW that take offense to this and think wanna say it's racist. That is who these idiot writers are pandering too. They don't really give a fuck.

Hell if I were Native American I think I'd find it cool as hell that my heritage and culture was being associated with best team in the NFL.

dlphg9
02-05-2021, 05:11 PM
waiting for someone to be offended....but did not call him the landlord

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He takes what is his and all of yours too ���� <a href="https://t.co/XXhFuWl5SV">pic.twitter.com/XXhFuWl5SV</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1357783553652760579?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 5, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have no clue how people are offended by the nickname The Landlord.

displacedinMN
02-05-2021, 05:24 PM

PC run amuck. Land lords are bad. So is the master bathroom.

DC?

Mecca
02-05-2021, 05:24 PM

Everyone is offended by everything, we've hit that point.

displacedinMN
02-05-2021, 05:30 PM
Everyone is offended by everything, we've hit that point.

Everything's offensive

My dream SB was the Chiefs/Redskins. Guess it will never happen

Beef Supreme
02-06-2021, 08:52 AM
If we are somehow forced to replace "the chop", I suggest we replace it with "the finger."

TribalElder
02-22-2021, 06:49 PM
https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world_news/cherokee-chief-time-for-jeep-to-end-use-of-tribes-name/article_58e0aa39-0f14-55e0-bd09-2734a08e3d56.html

Cherokee chief: Time for Jeep to end use of tribe's name

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (AP) — It is time for Jeep to stop using the Cherokee Nation's name on its Cherokee and Grand Cherokee SUVs, the chief of the Oklahoma-based tribe said.

Chief Chuck Hoskin, Jr. said in a statement first reported by Car & Driver magazine that he believes corporations and sports teams should stop using Native American names, images and mascots as nicknames or on their products.

“I’m sure this comes from a place that is well-intended, but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car," Hoskin said.

Kristin Starnes, a spokeswoman for Jeep’s parent company, Amsterdam-based Stellantis, said in a statement that the vehicle name was carefully selected “and nurtured over the years to honor and celebrate Native American people for their nobility, prowess and pride." She didn't say whether the company was considering renaming the vehicles and didn't immediately reply to an email requesting that information.

can we please go back to a time before everyone was upset about stupid shit

Bowser
02-22-2021, 06:51 PM
I'll be honest - I didn't see that one coming.

Graystoke
02-22-2021, 06:55 PM

No kidding.

Nice avatar btw

02-22-2021, 07:00 PM

Yes you did. We all knew that was coming.

Bearcat
02-22-2021, 07:00 PM
That really should be an Onion article... "but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car most likely to be seen at your local shop or dead on the side of the road... we would seriously settle for a Ford Cherokee at this point."

bdj23
02-22-2021, 07:08 PM

Why not? White guilt is at an all time high.

mr. tegu
02-22-2021, 07:10 PM
https://www.kctv5.com/news/us_world_news/cherokee-chief-time-for-jeep-to-end-use-of-tribes-name/article_58e0aa39-0f14-55e0-bd09-2734a08e3d56.html

Cherokee chief: Time for Jeep to end use of tribe's name

TAHLEQUAH, Okla. (AP) — It is time for Jeep to stop using the Cherokee Nation's name on its Cherokee and Grand Cherokee SUVs, the chief of the Oklahoma-based tribe said.

Chief Chuck Hoskin, Jr. said in a statement first reported by Car & Driver magazine that he believes corporations and sports teams should stop using Native American names, images and mascots as nicknames or on their products.

“I’m sure this comes from a place that is well-intended, but it does not honor us by having our name plastered on the side of a car," Hoskin said.

Kristin Starnes, a spokeswoman for Jeep’s parent company, Amsterdam-based Stellantis, said in a statement that the vehicle name was carefully selected “and nurtured over the years to honor and celebrate Native American people for their nobility, prowess and pride." She didn't say whether the company was considering renaming the vehicles and didn't immediately reply to an email requesting that information.

can we please go back to a time before everyone was upset about stupid shit

Looks like someone’s organization needs an influx of cash.

Bowser
02-22-2021, 07:13 PM
Yes you did. We all knew that was coming.

Why not? White guilt is at an all time high.

Maybe I should have said "coming this quickly".

Orwell was a modern day prophet.

vonBobo
02-22-2021, 07:24 PM
Hell if I were Native American I think I'd find it cool as hell that my heritage and culture was being associated with best team in the NFL.
You would be honored to have the race of people that murdered your race, stole all your land, and left your race to rot in despair, to have your misinterpreted and misappropriated culture plasted onto sports teams?

You are a dumb ****.
If you weren't part of the race that got murdered then just shut your dumb fucking mouth.

mr. tegu
02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
Native Americans were notoriously peaceful and never fought wars with other tribes, plundered their resources, or their destroyed cultures.

TambaBerry
02-22-2021, 07:27 PM
You would be honored to have the race of people that murdered your race, stole all your land, and left your race to rot in despair, to have your misinterpreted and misappropriated culture plasted onto sports teams?

You are a dumb ****.
If you weren't part of the race that got murdered then just shut your dumb fucking mouth.

Lol

Hammock Parties
02-22-2021, 07:31 PM
If only we had left the poor indians alone, they would have built a bustling metropolis on top of every wigwam.

TomBarndtsTwin
02-22-2021, 07:36 PM

You are a dumb ****.

Funny how they never cared about it till modern day ‘woke culture’ came along. NOW everyone gives a shit, all of a sudden.

It’s almost like all these suddenly offended ‘groups’ are being disingenuous now due to financial/political reasons . . . . . . :hmmm:

vonBobo
02-22-2021, 07:49 PM
Funny how they never cared about it till modern day ‘woke culture’ came along. NOW everyone gives a shit, all of a sudden.

It’s almost like all these suddenly offended ‘groups’ are being disingenuous now due to financial/political reasons . . . . . . :hmmm:

Racist sports teams have been getting shit since the 70's. 50 years of racist names and you think this is a modern problem?

Ignorance is a choice, not an excuse.

Deberg_1990
02-22-2021, 07:49 PM
The Kansas City football club sounds legit

Hammock Parties
02-22-2021, 07:57 PM
vonBobo = douche Broncos fan

Bearcat
02-22-2021, 08:26 PM

Nah.

1971-72: A group of D.C. reporters at a variety of outlets including The Washington Post, Washington Daily News and Washington Star become the first prominent advocates against the name. Wrote Paul Kaplan of the Washington Star, “Some think of the symbols as monuments to their strength and manhood. Others disagree, bitterly denouncing the derogation of their heritage, an ignorance of their culture and an unabashed commercialism in the sense that Indian names and heroes are exploited with no recompense whatsoever for our native Americans.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/timeline-washington-redskins-name-dispute-over-years

As much as people love to name call and stereotype people they don't agree with into Boomer and woke and whatever to make themselves feel better about themselves... people don't change all that much.

Give people Twitter 50 or 80 or 100 years ago and give all the Karens and wokeness of the time a platform, and I have a feeling we'd look at those generations much differently once you not only gave every idiot out there a voice, but a way to bring their idiocy together, put pressure on other idiots, and create idiotic change.

Likewise, if we currently had relatively few ways to know what was happening on the other end of the country, much less the other side of the world.... and didn't have a camera handy to shame all the Karens or catch all the asshole cops, etc; it would go largely unnoticed, just like I"m sure it did decades ago.

KCChiefsFan88
02-22-2021, 08:39 PM
So a massive caravan of Chiefs fans showing up to Arrowhead next fall in Jeep Cherokees while decked out in full injun headgear/warpaint and doing the chop would be wrong?

displacedinMN
02-22-2021, 08:54 PM
My theory:

Why do we get so offended by everything?

We don't have enough to do. With everything so automated, easy to do and with immediate gratification. We have too much time for brains to focus on things that they do not need to.

My parents and grandparents did not get offended by everything. They were more focused on survival. Feed animals, make a living, make a little money, wash dishes and clothes. Maintain a farm, house, kids. You know-that whole depression stuff.

I am sure they did not think "I am offended because my syrup has a black woman on it."

of course it took them 2 days to hear about Pearl Harbor.

Baby Lee
02-22-2021, 09:27 PM
My theory:

Why do we get so offended by everything?

We don't have enough to do. With everything so automated, easy to do and with immediate gratification. We have too much time for brains to focus on things that they do not need to.

My parents and grandparents did not get offended by everything. They were more focused on survival. Feed animals, make a living, make a little money, wash dishes and clothes. Maintain a farm, house, kids. You know-that whole depression stuff.

I am sure they did not think "I am offended because my syrup has a black woman on it."

of course it took them 2 days to hear about Pearl Harbor.

Idle hands are the devil's playthings.

Even if we don't have a work ethic, or have one with no outlet for it, we have an impulse to feel productive.

Asserting offense on the behalf of others, or alternatively feeling offense from the actions of others, fulfills that impulse.

You didn't build a shed or fix an appliance, but you found something 'wrong' in the world and gave voice to displeasure.

You were a productive person for the benefit of mankind.

But the thing is anyone can do what you did, they just have to commit to fomenting discord.

But you don't think it through. You don't think comprehensively.

LiveSteam
02-22-2021, 09:40 PM
Someone has to draw a line in the sand with this WOKE,cancel culture,Comrade BULLSHIT!!!

Bugeater
02-22-2021, 09:51 PM
Heh.

https://i.imgur.com/SA4ENnf.jpg

LiveSteam
02-22-2021, 10:05 PM
That's a pretty cool pic of the Jeep.

srvy
02-22-2021, 11:37 PM
So who is going to speak for the Mustangs, Bronco's, and Impalas who don't have a voice of their own?

arrwheader
02-22-2021, 11:45 PM
Racist sports teams have been getting shit since the 70's. 50 years of racist names and you think this is a modern problem?

Ignorance is a choice, not an excuse.You seem like a giant pussy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

LiveSteam
02-23-2021, 12:18 AM
You seem like a giant pussy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

You're slut shaming

BIG_DADDY
02-23-2021, 01:03 PM
We all need to be the same unglazed donut at the end of the assembly line. We all know what that is is but we are no longer allowed to post that in this forum or we will be banned. Wow has this place changed form the early days.

RealSNR
02-23-2021, 01:35 PM
Flannel-wearing lumberjack lesbians hate that Subaru chose the name "Forester"

LiveSteam
02-23-2021, 01:35 PM
Heh.

https://i.imgur.com/SA4ENnf.jpg

Just seen the News on the Cherokee tribe demanding that Jeep drop their name.
Jeep should rename it the Half-Breed

vonBobo
02-23-2021, 04:59 PM
Idle hands are the devil's playthings.

Even if we don't have a work ethic, or have one with no outlet for it, we have an impulse to feel productive.

Asserting offense on the behalf of others, or alternatively feeling offense from the actions of others, fulfills that impulse.

You didn't build a shed or fix an appliance, but you found something 'wrong' in the world and gave voice to displeasure.

You were a productive person for the benefit of mankind.

But the thing is anyone can do what you did, they just have to commit to fomenting discord.

But you don't think it through. You don't think comprehensively.

Or maybe some people

dj56dt58
02-23-2021, 06:01 PM
someone give these asshats some feathers and rocks to play with

BWillie
02-23-2021, 06:16 PM
Aston Martin Valkyrie - offensive to the Norse and Germans
Jeep Gladiator - offensive to Romans/Italians
Ford Explorer - offensive to european settlers
Ford Ranger - offensive to law enforcement
Ford Fiesta - offensive to hispanics
Ford Ranger Raptor - offensive to paleontologists

Ford F150. BMW 528i. Only acceptable names for automobiles.

Chiefaholic
02-23-2021, 07:53 PM
Or maybe some people

I find the word vonBobo extremely offensive. It's unfortunate that you'll just have to shut the **** up to prevent further distress to the minority. Liberal Rulz is Rulz... If you preach it, you MUST follow it.

displacedinMN
02-23-2021, 09:42 PM

Bavarian Motor Works-offensive to people because of the Nazis

Ford-made people work hard.

If you look hard enough, anything is offensive

TEX
02-24-2021, 06:06 PM
I find the word vonBobo extremely offensive. It's unfortunate that you'll just have to shut the **** up to prevent further distress to the minority. Liberal Rulz is Rulz... If you preach it, you MUST follow it.

:clap: There really needs to be more of this. The problem is there is a huge double standard, and they don't have to follow the same rules.

Baby Lee
02-24-2021, 06:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/n9EWlFO.jpg

Bugeater
02-24-2021, 07:03 PM
vonBobo = douche Broncos fan

Worse....Pats fan

vonBobo
02-24-2021, 07:08 PM
Maybe if you could just chop in your own living rooms, not on national TV, to stop the rest of the country from believing we are a bunch of racist midwestern meth heads.

mr. tegu
02-24-2021, 09:08 PM
Maybe if you could just chop in your own living rooms, not on national TV, to stop the rest of the country from believing we are a bunch of racist midwestern meth heads.

How long have you not known what racism is?

tyecopeland
11-28-2022, 05:43 AM
KC Star editorial board back at it.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article269221847.html

BigRedChief
11-28-2022, 06:17 AM
We do the chop at all our chapters on game day. Never heard of an instance of anyone complaining.

threebag
11-28-2022, 06:34 AM
Soggy Shane and Co. write that?

HemiEd
11-28-2022, 06:40 AM
Paywal on the Star? Fuck that

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-28-2022, 06:51 AM
Fuck the Star. Dying platform...

farmerchief
11-28-2022, 07:34 AM

Wheatridge, Colorado(within Denver) has a high school my cousins went to, their mascot is "Farmers", a silly looking cartoon character with a pitchfork. Im insulted anytime I hear, and see that, and I want it changed!

Eleazar
11-28-2022, 07:35 AM
Should stop doing the chop because it’s stupid and it’s not our chant anyway… not because some people are outraged who are perpetually outraged

Spott
11-28-2022, 07:44 AM
Star wasn’t relevant 2 years ago when they wrote this article, and they’re still not relevant now.

Buehler445
11-28-2022, 07:48 AM
Next county over has the Leoti Indians. Friend of mine from over there said the state is making them change it (I don’t know if it is KSHAA or KBOE).

But they’re making 25 or so schools in Kansas change it according to the dudes over there.

Lzen
11-28-2022, 08:20 AM
KC Star editorial board back at it.

https://www.kansascity.com/opinion/editorials/article269221847.html

How about you post the article next time and not just the link? I'm not clicking on that trash site.

Lzen
11-28-2022, 08:22 AM
I mean, the Chiefs had a native American pounding the drum yesterday while the crowd did the tomahawk chop. Not sure they really care. :spock:

Frazod
11-28-2022, 08:27 AM
How about you post the article next time and not just the link? I'm not clicking on that trash site.

Amen. Amazed that vile fishwrap is still in business.

tredadda
11-28-2022, 08:36 AM
Paywal on the Star? Fuck that

There’s a way around that which someone brought up a few weeks ago and that is to select “show reader”. It’s on the top left side, just select the small A/big A and select “show reader”. It works for me on an iPhone, but I would imagine a PC or android device would have something similar to that.

POND_OF_RED
11-28-2022, 08:37 AM
I work at a bunch of Indian Reservations and I can tell you that they’re much more worried about the women vanishing and drugs ravishing their communities than they are worried about football mascots, drums, and chops.

Lzen
11-28-2022, 08:41 AM
I work at a bunch of Indian Reservations and I can tell you that they’re much more worried about the women vanishing and drugs ravishing their communities than they are worried about football mascots, drums, and chops.

Women vanishing? What's that all about?

Hammock Parties
11-28-2022, 08:45 AM
lol they had a bunch of indians banging a drum and chanting on the drum deck before the game

star is full of liberal pussies

tyecopeland
11-28-2022, 08:51 AM

I didnt click it either. It was on my news feed and I just copied the link after reading the headline.

Lzen
11-28-2022, 08:54 AM
I didnt click it either. It was on my news feed and I just copied the link after reading the headline.

Fair enough. I didn't mean to come off so harsh to you, personally. I just hate the Star and everything they have done to the Chiefs and Jayhawks. They are terrible people.

Eleazar
11-28-2022, 08:58 AM
There should be a penalty for posting anything from the KC Star. :doh!: ;)

Mecca
11-28-2022, 09:04 AM
Fair enough. I didn't mean to come off so harsh to you, personally. I just hate the Star and everything they have done to the Chiefs and Jayhawks. They are terrible people.

Print media is dying they have to try to generate revenue any way possible.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2022, 09:05 AM
whiny journalists with an agenda:

the chiefs are marginalizing and offending native americans! chiefs bad! chiefs must be harrassed!

actual native americans:

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album_2x/f_auto/chiefs/wiwdyvgtp8vax5j56nm6.jpg

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album_2x/f_auto/chiefs/h4oeufydsbycnqaklzms.jpg

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/private/t_new_photo_album_2x/f_auto/chiefs/nx0wu3obfqbrifecgbow.jpg

POND_OF_RED
11-28-2022, 09:06 AM
Women vanishing? What's that all about?

https://www.nativehope.org/missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women-mmiw

Hopefully this doesn’t get too political, but just passing along what I’ve been taught at these places. The people I’ve talked to from the communities are pretty sure it’s just another one of the obstacles they’ve had to face from American Colonialism. They have a conspiracy that it’s part of a bigger plan that all these women go missing. It’s in a sense just a continuation of the forced mass sterilization that the communities had to go through in the 60’s and 70’s. If they can’t reproduce-eventually they’ll just fade away.

Something tells me the KC Star hasn’t ever written an article about any of their real issues, though.

TEX
11-28-2022, 09:08 AM
Are "they" coming for the Minnesota Vikings, and their SKOL clap also? :shrug:

Mecca
11-28-2022, 09:10 AM
Are "they" coming for the Minnesota Vikings, and their SKOL clap also? :shrug:

Probably not since like 5 people identify as Vikings and people that are into Norse stuff...that goes down a rabbit hole fast.

comochiefsfan
11-28-2022, 09:36 AM
There were a bunch of "activists" at the complex yesterday screaming about changing the name and stopping the chop when I walked in.

TEX
11-28-2022, 09:40 AM
Probably not since like 5 people identify as Vikings and people that are into Norse stuff...that goes down a rabbit hole fast.

Same exact thing though... :shrug:

TEX
11-28-2022, 09:45 AM
There were a bunch of "activists" at the complex yesterday screaming about changing the name and stopping the chop when I walked in.

They were there also for the MNF game against the Raiders earlier this year. One if those idiots called several of us "Nazis." Challenge any of them, with any type of debate of any kind and the first thing out of their mouth is that word. They're programmed to say it. It's pretty funny. LMAO

Oh, I was at the game with my buddy, who is a Navajo Indian He was called a Nazi also...:rolleyes:

Mecca
11-28-2022, 09:46 AM
Same exact thing though... :shrug:

I get the point I do, the problem is that because we don't have a Viking history built into American culture, no one really cares.

TEX
11-28-2022, 09:49 AM
I get the point I do, the problem is that because we don't have a Viking history built into American culture, no one really cares.

Until they go global with the NFL and the Scandinavian Nations get involved. But that won't happen because most people just see it for what it is. But it is the exact same argument.

I'm not arguing with you over it, because you said you get the point. I'm just making a statement.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2022, 11:30 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s time to change the team name. <a href="https://t.co/bhPVWSOHdX">https://t.co/bhPVWSOHdX</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Danner (@Jeremy_Danner) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Danner/status/1597246804646834176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DenverChief
11-29-2022, 11:42 PM
https://www.nativehope.org/missing-and-murdered-indigenous-women-mmiw

Hopefully this doesn’t get too political, but just passing along what I’ve been taught at these places. The people I’ve talked to from the communities are pretty sure it’s just another one of the obstacles they’ve had to face from American Colonialism. They have a conspiracy that it’s part of a bigger plan that all these women go missing. It’s in a sense just a continuation of the forced mass sterilization that the communities had to go through in the 60’s and 70’s. If they can’t reproduce-eventually they’ll just fade away.

Something tells me the KC Star hasn’t ever written an article about any of their real issues, though.

There is actually a great movie about this called “Wind River”. Highly recommend.

https://youtu.be/W7V9Fsll5qM

BWillie
11-30-2022, 12:30 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It’s time to change the team name. <a href="https://t.co/bhPVWSOHdX">https://t.co/bhPVWSOHdX</a></p>&mdash; Jeremy Danner (@Jeremy_Danner) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeremy_Danner/status/1597246804646834176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't care. I really just...don't care.

Nickhead
11-30-2022, 03:07 AM
i think the finger sniff after a catch/TD should be banned first :D

threebag
11-30-2022, 08:14 AM
lol they had a bunch of indians banging a drum and chanting on the drum deck before the game

star is full of liberal pussies

The Star ran with the Eric Bienemy hit piece you and Marty cooked up.

Spott
11-30-2022, 08:19 AM

Meh, he just looks like some pudgy wanna be hipster dork that doesn’t even watch football anyways.

KC_Lee
11-30-2022, 08:20 AM
Yes, tell a bunch of fan what they cannot do and see how far you get.