PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs You know what grinds my gears? Media bitching about the Mahomes contract

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 05:32 PM
Thread disclaimer: If you're here to stick your nose up in the air and proudly claim about how you never watch any national media guys, then good for you, but I don't really care.

So all over sports shows last week (anything on ESPN, Fox Sports, and any show that talks to former athletes) you had various guys talking about how they thought Mahomes didn't get enough money in the deal. And I can get behind saying, "Pat is worth more than he got out of that contract, and he's obviously throwing the Chiefs a bone here." That's fine. And you can debate about that.

But that's not what happened. You had a lot of people (especially on Whitlock's former show) asserting that Mahomes DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING. That he got bad advice from his father and godfather and tried to pigeonhole a longterm baseball-style contract into a league that doesn't respect guarantees the way baseball does. They didn't call him stupid, no, but they seemed almost outraged the way Mahomes settled for less money at the front end of the extension and also worked one out for the length that he did.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zDUThs2nRHQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8kY15pS3F40" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's my question for those people: Is this your money? Do you get a cut of it or something? Is Mahomes somehow tied to you?

No. It's not your money, and it's not your life. You have different values and beliefs than Mahomes does. There is no objective best way for you to judge if it's good or not for Mahomes. You can bitch all you want that Mahomes was making it harder for other QBs and other players to get paid, but this wasn't just another QB's turn. This wasn't Jared Goff or Jimmy Garappolo or any of those other chuckle fucks. This is an exceptional contract for an exceptional player.

So who gives a shit? It's not your money, and it's not your life. And just as we as fans are in no position to judge athletes for getting every dollar they can get in these contracts, neither are former athletes in any kind of position to judge Mahomes for getting the contract done his way.

Marcellus Wiley can eat a fat dick, and so can everybody else bitching about another man's money.

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 05:33 PM
Also, no, this couldn't just go in the Mahomes contract thread. Yes, this had to be its own thread. Your mother told me so last night when I was boning her brains out.

SAUTO
07-13-2020, 05:34 PM
Yeah, I laughed at all that shit last week.

He knows exactly what he did. And he took a hometown deal IMO

displacedinMN
07-13-2020, 06:59 PM
They need something to talk about. Now with the Redskins thing-they can focus on that.

KC Hawks
07-13-2020, 07:00 PM
It's fucking stupid. Oh no, Mahomes could've had $600 million instead $500. His great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren are really gonna suffer now because of it.

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 07:10 PM
It's fucking stupid. Oh no, Mahomes could've had $600 million instead $500. His great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren are really gonna suffer now because of it.

It’s ridiculous. Mahomes raised the top AAV for QBs by ten million with this contract. He did his part in the players vs owners cold war.

Not all of it is guaranteed, no. Not even half of it is. But why the fuck does that matter? He’s Patrick fucking Mahomes. The Chiefs aren’t going to cut him after 5 years. Or 6 years. Even if he starts to wan by his mid 30s, he’s still gonna be a damn good QB in the life of this deal.

What this is REALLY about is fear. These dipshits know how good he is and they believe if you’re a really great player your contract needs to make the GM and cap guys cringe as they sign it. Because that’s only fair, right? We had our fun with an inexpensive all time great QB and now we have to have no money to sign other talent.

News flash assholes: This isn’t any kind of QB.

TribalElder
07-13-2020, 07:19 PM
Marcellus Wiley can't speak on what Champions should or should not do

He never won a damn thing and only moved for the money

That's nice, he got a few dollars and all but he will never be remembered, he will forever never be a champion

Mahomie is a Champ

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 07:25 PM
Marcellus Wiley can't speak on what Champions should or should not do

He never won a damn thing and only moved for the money

That's nice, he got a few dollars and all but he will never be remembered, he will forever never be a champion

Mahomie is a Champ

I think that's why he loves Lamar Jackson so much.

DRM08
07-13-2020, 07:30 PM
He’s a smart guy. I think he very deliberately gave the Chiefs a discount because he wants to win. Certainly don’t think he got fooled into this deal by any means.

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2020, 07:30 PM
Don't care. Mahomes knows exactly what he signed. His thought process was , what would be better. 8 rings vrs 2 or 600 mil vrs 500 mil.

He's smarter than any of those commentators and yes they need something to talk about. In the end it doesn't matter. Chiefs are happy , Mahomes is happy ,Fans are happy.

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Don't care. Mahomes knows exactly what he signed. His thought process was , what would be better. 8 rings vrs 2 or 600 mil vrs 500 mil.

He's smarter than any of those commentators and yes they need something to talk about. In the end it doesn't matter. Chiefs are happy , Mahomes is happy ,Fans are happy.

"NFL STANDS FOR NOT FOR LONG! LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO TOM BRADY!!!!!!"

neech
07-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Mahomes says the right things before the camera that is a coaches dream especially being as talented as he is.

He's the anti-Baker Mayfield.

Chiefshrink
07-13-2020, 07:40 PM
"NFL STANDS FOR NOT FOR LONG! LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO TOM BRADY!!!!!!"

Yeah he got 6 out of 9 rings. 9 appearances because he took a discount.;)

Chiefshrink
07-13-2020, 07:41 PM
Mahomes says the right things before the camera that is a coaches dream especially being as talented as he is.

He's the anti-Baker Mayfield.

Baker:rolleyes:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-13-2020, 07:44 PM
500 million KC dollars, bitches

Perineum Ripper
07-13-2020, 07:52 PM
I think the kid is smart enough to see, that whatever money he leaves on the table with the NFL. He will make back and possibly make more with endorsements. He and his agent know that Mahomes is going to be the face of the BFL for a lot of years. So leave money for the team to build around you. Win more games and championships that way, that boosts your reputation. You get more exposure, more talk about you moving up into the GOAT rankings. You sign more endorsements, bigger endorsements, you make more money.

Although I could be completely wrong, I have been drinking bourbon for the past few hours.

eDave
07-13-2020, 07:58 PM
They act like Steinberg is new at this or something.

"Where's the me meal. I wanna eat that. Building a legacy is more of a glossy story."

Brady gets praised for the exact same thing.

excessive
07-13-2020, 07:58 PM
When his career is over, he'll have made more in endorsements than in contracts. So, keep on winning Super Bowls, and those advertising dollars will be historic. Will make Tiger Woods look like a putz. He absolutely knows what he is doing.

RealSNR
07-13-2020, 08:24 PM
Also, these buffoons leapt to the defense of that soft bitch Kevin Durant verrrrry quickly when he took a less-than-max contract out of desperation so he could leech onto Golden State and win a title or two.

"It's his money! It's his decision!"

Well, they can shut the fuck up. Mahomes didn't just top the recordbooks for biggest contract. He fucking EVISCERATED it. But apparently he didn't eviscerate it enough, because the Chiefs franchise is still paying other guys on the team and will continue to do so for the length of this entire deal. Apparently Mahomes can't just play football and make all that money from his contract. He has to have it GUARANTEED to him or else he's fucking up the NFL for everyone else.

Red Dawg
07-13-2020, 08:30 PM
He will get 225 mil in the 6 years. Thats not enough?

kcxiv
07-13-2020, 08:38 PM
only thing that irritates me a little bit is saying that he got a team friendly deal and he should have went for more. Its like they are mad that the Chiefs are going to be on top for a while. They see its a Chiefs world and they are just going to have to watch it.

RunKC
07-13-2020, 08:44 PM
Odd thing is they bitch bc they feel he didn’t take the max money to help other players. Yeah like half a billion isn’t enough?

Unless Pat gets hurt (fingers crossed he doesn’t) he’s getting that money. AND he will only be 36 warranting another big deal.

AND this doesn’t count his ad money.

He is going to be making a fuck load of money no matter what

RunKC
07-13-2020, 08:46 PM
Did you know Christiano Ronaldo makes nearly $50 million a year from Instagram posts? Did you know David Beckham, who has been retired for years, made $10 million doing the same thing?

Mahomes is going to be a billionaire one day

Hog's Gone Fishin
07-13-2020, 09:19 PM
Did you know Christiano Ronaldo makes nearly $50 million a year from Instagram posts? Did you know David Beckham, who has been retired for years, made $10 million doing the same thing?

Mahomes is going to be a billionaire one day

Damn, I need to make me an instagram post

Eleazar
07-13-2020, 10:14 PM
I am sick of random people complaining about it. "WHATS THIS WORLD COMING TO" etc.

News flash, you get paid according to (a) how hard you are to replace, and (b) how much you bring in. They wouldn't be paying him if he wasn't bringing in even more.

You should have practiced throwing your footballs more now stop whining

Hoover
07-13-2020, 10:20 PM
He signed a 500 m contract in the midst of a pandemic when there is a chance that Football might not be played this season.

Fucking brilliant if you ask me.

Deberg_1990
07-13-2020, 10:21 PM
The sports media has very little to talk about right now.

Mahomes contract and soccer. That’s it.

jerryaldini
07-13-2020, 10:24 PM
I've heard some of these idiots talking about how these guys have to get paid to take care of their kids, as if any NFL QB who doesn't lose his mind will ever worry about that.

I've been listening to straight out of Vegas with RJ Bell and Steve Fezzik on fox sports radio. Entertaining stuff. Betting experts that love Mahomes.

bringbackmarty
07-14-2020, 12:10 AM
It's a bad deal for the rest of the division, league and ultimately our fanbase when we get back to regular games with 80,000 screaming motherfucking (term of respect) Chief's fans. Because we will be able to afford a good to great defense and great/legendary offense. Pat will get so much money from endorsements, his contracts, taking advantage of a tanking stock market that will rebound. By the time he is 30, he will make "The Rock" look like "Kid Rock" in total net worth. If you can fathom that comparison.

bringbackmarty
07-14-2020, 12:12 AM
I bet Mahomes is worth 30 Billion dollars by the time he is 30.

Rasputin
07-14-2020, 02:49 AM
I bet Mahomes is worth 30 Billion dollars by the time he is 30.

This could be true he has his own cereal it just needs to be marketed outside the KC area code and more than just in HyVee

He can triple his contract gross by endorsements after just a few more Super Bowl victories

He is much more likable than that cheater Tom Brady******

Rasputin
07-14-2020, 03:19 AM
Also one of the biggest reasons to like this deal is we won't have it as a distraction every 3 or 4 years or 2. This lets Patrick Mahomes II focus on football and no worries about finance or being traded or anything for a long time. so I don't see how this isn't a win win for both parties:shrug:

InChiefsHeaven
07-14-2020, 05:39 AM
These "analysts" probably rail against the greed of owners, but then crap on Mahomes for not being greedy enough.

Also, these guys just don't know the Chiefs. And, they need something to talk about.

And yeah, I don't really listen to sports media at all, except what we have here on the Planet.

Thanks SNR for posting this, cuz otherwise I'd probably never see it.

PAChiefsGuy
07-14-2020, 06:16 AM
Always going to be haters. I wouldn't worry about it. We all know contract is good for KC and Mahomes.

**** the haters.

oldman
07-14-2020, 08:07 AM
So what if it makes it harder for other QBs to ge paid? I'm sure there's not a better QB in the NFL than our own PMII and I'm sure there won't be for a long time. I don't have any sympathy for guys like Prescott turning down a paltry $35M to play. It's time to quit throwing money at 2nd tier guys that will go 8-8, 9-7 year after year.

Deberg_1990
07-14-2020, 08:08 AM
Too much media, including sports media now days.

Too much airtime to fill. They end up over analyzing everything and repeating themselves over and over again.

RealSNR
07-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Florio is reeeeeally butthurt about this contract. Woof.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jVrAdDPUatg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buehler445
07-20-2020, 12:06 PM
I just can’t do it. I can’t listen to the Schlock. The hot take noise just makes me want to puke.

Anyone saying Mahomes didn’t know what he was doing is just stirring shit.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
07-20-2020, 12:15 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Jones on Patrick Mahomes&#39; role in his extension: <br><br>&quot;When Pat&#39;s deal got done, Pat texted me and said &#39;Let&#39;s get this thing done. I left some on the table, let&#39;s get this thing done.&#39; And that&#39;s when I had the security that me &amp; the Chiefs were going to work something out.&quot;</p>&mdash; Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1285247589135388674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 20, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
07-20-2020, 12:17 PM
I just can’t do it. I can’t listen to the Schlock. The hot take noise just makes me want to puke.

Anyone saying Mahomes didn’t know what he was doing is just stirring shit.

I haven't seen him this triggered since Clay was trolling him about quitting the NFL if Tyreek didn't get any kind of suspension.

It's kind of funny and pathetic at the same time. He's obviously a sad little man who clings to money for happiness. It's his reason for existing, and though he enjoys football and the career he has, he wouldn't be doing it if the paycheck were a few pennies less than it is.

He can't fathom anybody wise enough who says, "That's enough money. I don't need any more." The concept to him is flabbergasting. Because he wouldn't care about sucking the franchise dry to his own detriment. He would sell out his teammates for more money he frankly doesn't need. He would probably sell out his own family for an extra couple million.