PDA

View Full Version : News Walmart, Sam’s Club requiring shoppers to wear face masks

luv
07-15-2020, 10:23 AM
I know this was posted in the non-political covid thread, but I just thought I'd put it out there separately. Didn't know if there might be people on here who shop al Walmart but don't really pay attention to that thread. Also, not getting political. Just for informational purposes. :) It's cool that Sam's Club will be providing masks.

https://www.ky3.com/2020/07/15/walmart-sams-club-requiring-shoppers-to-wear-face-masks/

(Gray News) - Retail giant Walmart will soon require customers to wear face masks inside its stores.

The company announced the policy will begin July 20 at more than 5,000 Walmart and Sam’s Club locations.

Walmart said 65% of its stores are already located in areas where there is a government face mask mandate.

Company leaders say the policy change comes as they look to prioritize the health and safety of customers and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Walmart will have an employee dedicated to enforcing the company’s requirements at store entrances.

“The ambassadors, identifiable by their black polo shirts, will work with customers who show up at a store without a face covering to try and find a solution,” the company said. “We are currently considering different solutions for customers when this requirement takes effect on July 20.”

Sam’s Club members who show up without a mask will be provided a complimentary mask.

EDIT: "Target, CVS to also require masks at stores nationwide, following Walmart and other retailers as COVID-19 cases rise" story at post 191.

KCUnited
07-15-2020, 10:43 AM
Dr Thunder for CDC Chief Medical Officer!

displacedinMN
07-15-2020, 10:45 AM
Why would you not wear one at Walmart during a pandemic?

Deberg_1990
07-15-2020, 10:45 AM
Good!

ptlyon
07-15-2020, 10:46 AM
Expecting a lot of Karen videos

ModSocks
07-15-2020, 10:48 AM
Here in Cali it's been mandatory since, what, March?

I'm just glad that they have shit paper back in stock.

ModSocks
07-15-2020, 10:49 AM
I don't give a damn about wearing masks in stores.

What really grinds my gears are stores that turn their isles into One-way Isles. GMAFB with that shit.

I shared a story in D.C two weeks ago about two senior citizens getting into a debate about going the wrong direction down the isle. LMAO "IF YOWR FEEWING FWOGGY, JUMP!"

LMAO LMAO

pugsnotdrugs19
07-15-2020, 10:56 AM
Good

mililo4cpa
07-15-2020, 10:58 AM
I'd wear a mask at either of those places even without CV-19......

tyecopeland
07-15-2020, 10:58 AM

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ryIjCkw3Jfg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Eureka
07-15-2020, 11:01 AM
I don't give a damn about wearing masks in stores.

What really grinds my gears are stores that turn their isles into One-way Isles. GMAFB with that shit.

I shared a story in D.C two weeks ago about two senior citizens getting into a debate about going the wrong direction down the isle. LMAO "IF YOWR FEEWING FWOGGY, JUMP!"

LMAO LMAO

Wait til someone tells you you're going the wrong way. I had an older lady inform me I was going the wrong way. Mind you there were other people doing the same. I just replied "Guess I'm really good at it". She walked off and I heard her mumble "Smartass"

Every open establishment in Cali has required a mask for months now.

Kiimo
07-15-2020, 11:01 AM
Do they still have an old person as a greeter?

That might be up there with ice road trucker or alaskan salmon fisherman for job danger.

lewdog
07-15-2020, 11:04 AM
I’ll be wearing a mask and a condom when entering a Walmart. Place is scary AF!

ModSocks
07-15-2020, 11:23 AM
Wait til someone tells you you're going the wrong way. I had an older lady inform me I was going the wrong way. Mind you there were other people doing the same. I just replied "Guess I'm really good at it". She walked off and I heard her mumble "Smartass"

Every open establishment in Cali has required a mask for months now.

Oh im waiting for it. I haven't had anyone scold me yet, but i'm sure it's coming one of these days.

I'll wear the mask. I'll stay 6' apart in line. But these one-way isles can kiss my chocolate starfish.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 11:34 AM
Do they still have an old person as a greeter?

That might be up there with ice road trucker or alaskan salmon fisherman for job danger.Que up a new line from Jeff Dunahms Walter character.
Instead of welcome Walmart get your shit and get out it will be You are not welcome to get your shit so just get out and don't come back without a mask.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Dunit35
07-15-2020, 11:35 AM
Our supercenter is gross but the neighborhood market has always been really clean. Rarely do we go to the supercenter.

redfan
07-15-2020, 11:35 AM
Nobody I've seen is actually going one way in the one way aisles, it's like it was before covid.

scho63
07-15-2020, 11:37 AM
Recommended attire for any Walmart....

https://i5.walmartimages.com/asr/76287253-57ee-492a-92c1-33aa19f69814_1.a3ac59534aa4b4b95a7ef3e2bb2b9efa.jpeg?odnWidth=612&odnHeight=612&odnBg=ffffff

loochy
07-15-2020, 11:44 AM
Nobody I've seen is actually going one way in the one way aisles, it's like it was before covid.

Because everyone knows that is the dumbest thing ever

We all know that viruses will ignore you if you walk in alternating directions

loochy
07-15-2020, 11:46 AM

BECUZ MY FREEDOMZ AND RIGHTS
THIS IS MERICA WE DONT WEAR MASKS

also, because I don't want to wear a mask because it is ever so slightly annoying

and because I just want to be a stubborn asshole

mainly because I just want to be a stubborn asshole

dj56dt58
07-15-2020, 11:54 AM
More virtue signalling

loochy
07-15-2020, 11:55 AM
More virtue signalling

Isn't whining about virtue signaling also virtue signaling (just signaling the opposite virtue)?

ModSocks
07-15-2020, 11:56 AM

I shared this story below a few weeks ago in D.C. Copy and pasted here.

So i head to the grocery store to pick up some dinner. (This same grocery store was just on the news two months ago because some jackass thought it was funny to wear a KKK hood as a mask https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/05/12/kkk-hood-store-mask/)

This is one of those stores that as a Covid precaution turned their isles into one-way isles.

As i turn the corner into the isle there's two elderly men arguing about 8-10 yards apart. Both must have been late 60's to early 70's. One white, one Filipino.

I gather that they're arguing because the white guy told the filipino that he was walking the wrong way down the isle.

As i approach the situation (To get what i needed, not to intervene lol) the filipino guy shouts, "YOU FEEWIN FWOGGY? JUMP!"

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

At that point i just bust out laughing, because, i mean, c'mon how the fuck are you not suppose to laugh at that?

As i walk by the filipino guy, he hears me laughing and shouts to the white guy, "SEE, HE'S LAUGHING AT YOU!"

I continue to just chuckle to myself not saying shit and then i hear the filipino man mumble something about him being white. I don't recall what he said but it was something to the tune of "fucking white man" or some shit like that.

The white guy paused for a second in anger and then stumbled out, "Oh yeah!? Well...you're the MINORITY!"

LMAO LMAO LMAO

I just continue to laugh to myself as a i walk by the elderly white man, and as i do, he places his hand on my shoulder and says to me, "Thank you for walking the right direction down the isle"

LMAO

Oh this fucking world....

loochy
In any event, this shall assuredly provide great levels of entertainment as Texas football dads intentionally seek conflict at their local stores.

DaFace
Poor door greeters.

luv
07-15-2020, 12:01 PM
Springfield just passed a face covering ordinance that's effective starting tomorrow. Being so close to Bentonville, AR (Walmart HQ), this came as no shocker to me. Especially with neighboring Joplin being a new hot spot. I'm surprised more businesses aren't already requiring the same.

Oh, and with the fact that there's usually a police officer or two playing security at our Walmarts, this could be a great "no face covering trap" to give citations. Ours comes with a $100 fine.

luv
07-15-2020, 12:02 PM
Poor door greeters.

I'll bet the greeters just got younger and more physically fit. They'd have to give the regular greeters hazard pay. LMAO

ThaVirus
07-15-2020, 12:27 PM

Seriously. I've been hitting Sam's throughout the whole pandemic to avoid having to go to the grocery store multiple times per week and the one in our area has required masks for months now.

It's not a big deal.. at all.

jjjayb
07-15-2020, 12:43 PM
BECUZ MY FREEDOMZ AND RIGHTS
THIS IS MERICA WE DONT WEAR MASKS

also, because I don't want to wear a mask because it is ever so slightly annoying

and because I just want to be a stubborn asshole

mainly because I just want to be a stubborn asshole

Or maybe because it doesn't do a thing to help you. Or maybe because I'm not a fucking sheep. If the government told you to bark like a dog to prevent corona I'm sure you'd do that too.

MMXcalibur
07-15-2020, 12:56 PM

Because *the rest of this post has been moved to DC*

MMXcalibur
07-15-2020, 12:56 PM
More virtue signalling

More dumbfuckery.

Kman34
07-15-2020, 12:57 PM
Or maybe because it doesn't do a thing to help you. Or maybe because I'm not a fucking sheep. If the government told you to bark like a dog to prevent corona I'm sure you'd do that too.

JFC...

Kiimo
07-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Or maybe because it doesn't do a thing to help you. Or maybe because I'm not a ****ing sheep. If the government told you to bark like a dog to prevent corona I'm sure you'd do that too.

This is your right.

It is also their right to not let you in the store.

And our right to call you a selfish dumb prick

MMXcalibur
07-15-2020, 01:02 PM

It was a mistake to enter this topic.

You retards are agonizingly painful to engage with.

If there was a fair and just all-mighty being, he'd have killed you maskless shitdicks off early so the rest of us can try to get some semblance of normal back in our daily lives.

Kman34
07-15-2020, 01:05 PM
It was a mistake to enter this topic.

You retards are agonizingly painful to engage with.

If there was a fair and just all-mighty being, he'd have killed you maskless shitdicks off early so the rest of us can try to get some semblance of normal back in our daily lives.

:LOL:

CaliforniaChief
I don't know why it's such a big deal to wear a mask. Like others from CA, we've been at it longer I guess.

There are some things I don't get...like Detoxing said, the 1-way aisles...I actually didn't know that was a thing until someone said something and I laughed. I don't understand why indoor funeral services are still permitted but church services aren't.

But I don't mean to derail the OP. Get used to the masks, I guess.

Deberg_1990
Or maybe because it doesn't do a thing to help you.

It doesn't? you sure about that doctor?

Donger
07-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Or maybe because it doesn't do a thing to help you. Or maybe because I'm not a ****ing sheep. If the government told you to bark like a dog to prevent corona I'm sure you'd do that too.

Actually, mask wearing has shown the exact opposite. You really don't need to be told by the government. The proof exists without it.

But, rail on.

Eureka
07-15-2020, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know the number 1 Walmart in the country that exemplifies Walmart customers stereotype is located?

DaFace
07-15-2020, 01:10 PM
I don't know why it's such a big deal to wear a mask. Like others from CA, we've been at it longer I guess.

There are some things I don't get...like Detoxing said, the 1-way aisles...I actually didn't know that was a thing until someone said something and I laughed. I don't understand why indoor funeral services are still permitted but church services aren't.

But I don't mean to derail the OP. Get used to the masks, I guess.

I get the theory behind the one-way aisles. If everyone moves in the same direction, you'd theoretically cross paths with fewer people.

But in practice, they're useless.

Sassy Squatch
07-15-2020, 01:10 PM
Actually, mask wearing has shown the exact opposite. You really don't need to be told by the government. The proof exists without it.

But, rail on.
Even if we get way down the road and it's scientifically proven masks didn't actually help all that much who gives a shit? You wore a mask for a little while.

Pants
07-15-2020, 01:19 PM

The fact that you're politicizing wearing a mask is a fucking travesty.

I was wearing a mask before "the government told me to do it." It has nothing to do with the government.

It's not about doing what the government tells you (even though you do this all the time, it's called following the law), it's about not being a fucking retard.

The masks do help protect you. But the real point is that if EVERYONE wears a mask, it cuts down the transmission significantly. There are dozens of studies and articles discussing this but it shouldn't even be necessary to go down the path. It's obvious to anyone who isn't making this a "politics" thing.

Bill Brasky
07-15-2020, 01:19 PM
Even if we get way down the road and it's scientifically proven masks didn't actually help all that much who gives a shit? You wore a mask for a little while.

Exactly. The inconvenience is so small compared to the risk that you might be the 2% that goes to the hospital and dies from covid-19, it’s no-brainer.

loochy
07-15-2020, 01:23 PM

To your points:

If you are sure that it does NOTHING to help you, then OK. I would consider this a valid reason (one that I don't happen to agree with, but ok).

To not be a "sheep"? Who the hell cares what people call you?

Just because the government recommends or requires it? Who the hell cares? Why be stubborn just to be stubborn?

If there was any kind of evidence that barking like a dog would help in some way then I'd bark like a dog. Once again, it's such a minor inconvenience with upside and no downside.

Demonpenz
07-15-2020, 01:43 PM
Springfield mo had white trash shoppers but there used to be a wal mart on banister road hoo boy

FloridaMan88
07-15-2020, 01:43 PM
COVID-19 is probably low on the list in terms of the disgusting diseases you can catch at Walmart.

O.city
07-15-2020, 01:49 PM
The chances of you getting enough of a viral load at a shopping store are low enough, so with an added mask I'd say you're pretty much at zero of catching it there.

ptlyon
07-15-2020, 01:53 PM
"viral load" ROFL

BryanBusby
07-15-2020, 02:12 PM

Don't stop. I'm cumming.

Pitt Gorilla
07-15-2020, 02:13 PM
To your points:

If you are sure that it does NOTHING to help you, then OK. I would consider this a valid reason (one that I don't happen to agree with, but ok).

To not be a "sheep"? Who the hell cares what people call you?

Just because the government recommends or requires it? Who the hell cares? Why be stubborn just to be stubborn?

If there was any kind of evidence that barking like a dog would help in some way then I'd bark like a dog. Once again, it's such a minor inconvenience with upside and no downside.
The "sheep" thing is the sheepiest response I've seen.

old_geezer
07-15-2020, 02:13 PM
I get the theory behind the one-way aisles. If everyone moves in the same direction, you'd theoretically cross paths with fewer people.

But in practice, they're useless.

I follow the arrows at my local Wal-Mart but I'm not lying when I say I meet more people going the wrong way than the right. :shrug:

Sorce
07-15-2020, 02:15 PM
I follow the arrows at my local Wal-Mart but I'm not lying when I say I meet more people going the wrong way than the right. :shrug:

I don't want to meet anyone in a walmart.

Eureka
07-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Springfield mo had white trash shoppers but there used to be a wal mart on banister road hoo boy

So Springfield MO has a large number of trashy Walmart customers.

Maybe, this subject deserves its own thread.

suzzer99
The "sheep" thing is the sheepiest response I've seen.

https://i.imgur.com/6mFSY0i.png

suzzer99

I'll give the Walmart in Lancaster, CA a run for anyone's money.

suzzer99
07-15-2020, 02:33 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">three miller lites deep at the peanut listening to a table of balding and obtuse men beg the bartender politely waiting on their obnoxious table to show her face so they can “see her smile” without the mask and I now understand why murder happens</p>&mdash; notorious GAT (@sprotsGAT) <a href="https://twitter.com/sprotsGAT/status/1283492694174703617?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ok which CPers are at the Peanut right now?

luv
07-15-2020, 02:45 PM

He must visit the north side stores. Although, the south side has its share of trashy people, too. Still, there are two Walmarts in town that I'm a little scared to go to, mask or no mask.

loochy
07-15-2020, 02:46 PM
I'll give the Walmart in Lancaster, CA a run for anyone's money.

Yuk. I've been to Palmdale many times for work and ewwww...I can imagine what it would be like.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-15-2020, 02:52 PM
Everybody be farting and not just when the motorized carts go by.

BigCatDaddy
07-15-2020, 02:52 PM
And fuck
https://babylonbee.com/news/walmart-requiring-all-shoppers-to-wear-pants/?utm_content=buffer2bc8f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer&fbclid=IwAR0q1KeId9yiEsWyJScaCR9L5_1_bZ2EKbisD7Xv_4lryu0tFj4TSJFAEmQ

eDave
07-15-2020, 02:55 PM
Kroger to require customers in all locations to wear a mask starting July 22

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 02:56 PM
Springfield just passed a face covering ordinance that's effective starting tomorrow. Being so close to Bentonville, AR (Walmart HQ), this came as no shocker to me. Especially with neighboring Joplin being a new hot spot. I'm surprised more businesses aren't already requiring the same.

Oh, and with the fact that there's usually a police officer or two playing security at our Walmarts, this could be a great "no face covering trap" to give citations. Ours comes with a $100 fine.

Walk in with nothing but cash in your pockets.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2020, 03:02 PM

Seems like it's cleared things right up...

tyecopeland
07-15-2020, 03:04 PM
He must visit the north side stores. Although, the south side has its share of trashy people, too. Still, there are two Walmarts in town that I'm a little scared to go to, mask or no mask.

Ah... memories. I went to the walmart on glenstone and Kearney all the time. Went there a few times before they remodeled it. It was ghetto before, white trash as hell after. But it looked a helluva lot nicer.

Saulbadguy
07-15-2020, 03:05 PM
Who in their right mind enters a grocery store these days? Online pickup or get that shit delivered.

ModSocks
07-15-2020, 03:06 PM

A state like California could certainly be a lot worse....

Imon Yourside
07-15-2020, 03:14 PM
You should also be forced to wear a buttplug.

38yrsfan
07-15-2020, 03:14 PM
So we will soon see fees and charges added to the checkout total to cover these 'costs of doing business' expenses.

Imon Yourside
07-15-2020, 03:15 PM

Right, it's the gift that just keeps on giving. Feels like Groundhog day the movie.

luv
07-15-2020, 03:18 PM
Ah... memories. I went to the walmart on glenstone and Kearney all the time. Went there a few times before they remodeled it. It was ghetto before, white trash as hell after. But it looked a helluva lot nicer.

That is probably the scariest one in town.

BigCatDaddy
07-15-2020, 03:25 PM

Saw a break down the other day. No matter the state or course of action they all ended up fucked.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Means nothing unless they are hiring law enforcement/security to actually enforce it.

We’ve been under a mandatory mask order for a while down here, and it’s still 50/50 compliance at BEST because it’s not being enforced.

We’re never going to make any progress when 40-50% of the public thinks this is all bullshit and an infringement of their rights.

sedated
07-15-2020, 03:38 PM
How can anyone still chalk this up to government suppression or a hoax when the same thing is literally going on across the globe?

loochy
07-15-2020, 03:40 PM
That is probably the scariest one in town.

I went to a Walmart in south central Orlando when I was in town on business. It was dark and I didn't realize I was in a bad part of town. Hooooo boy...I fully expected to get robbed and halfway expected to get randomly beat.

Pitt Gorilla
07-15-2020, 03:48 PM
How can anyone still chalk this up to government suppression or a hoax when the same thing is literally going on across the globe?People are really ****ing stupid?

Pants
07-15-2020, 03:49 PM
How can anyone still chalk this up to government suppression or a hoax when the same thing is literally going on across the globe?

It's the Global Elites. Duh.

DJ's left nut
07-15-2020, 03:54 PM

The same way people jerk themselves off to this:

Again - mask order for months in California and cases are going UP. But sure, it's all because of 'maskless shitdicks'...

Anybody that claims some sort of intellectual high ground on this is simply an unequivocal prick - full stop. I don't give a large rats ass who chooses to wear a mask or who doesn't. At this point everyone's too damn busy arguing with each other to consider the possibility that they're BOTH wrong.

But carry on, gents. There will be plenty of patting yourselves on the backs for all viewpoints here...

DaFace
07-15-2020, 03:55 PM
People are really ****ing stupid?

Eh, that's an oversimplification. When people are scared and don't understand things, they come up with explanations that help is make sense to them. It's a lot easier to understand "global conspiracy" than "invisible thing that floats through the air and makes people sick."

It's just human instinct when it comes down to it, albeit with a severe shortage of rationality.

tyecopeland
07-15-2020, 03:59 PM
Eh, that's an oversimplification. When people are scared and don't understand things, they come up with explanations that help is make sense to them. It's a lot easier to understand "global conspiracy" than "invisible thing that floats through the air and makes people sick."

It's just human instinct when it comes down to it, albeit with a severe shortage of rationality.

I think most people understand the flu.

Also, better start kicking some liberals out before we have another thread to have a 150 post discussion on in the gripe thread.

eDave
07-15-2020, 04:00 PM

Precisely. It's weak af.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Don't underestimate the fact that everyone hates each other, but still pause their hate for just a moment to ask others [that they hate and wish would die] to do something for their benefit.

O.city
07-15-2020, 04:03 PM
The vast majority of spread is shown to be at home among families and in settings people aren't gonna wear a mask and it doesn't show alot in places like Walmart and shopping etc.

So yeah.

Pants
07-15-2020, 04:07 PM
Don't underestimate the fact that everyone hates each other, but still pause their hate for just a moment to ask others [that they hate and wish would die] to do something for everyone's benefit.

FYP

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 04:07 PM
FYP

Fuck off.

stumppy
07-15-2020, 04:08 PM

Again - mask order for months in California and cases are going UP. But sure, it's all because of 'maskless shitdicks'...

Anybody that claims some sort of intellectual high ground on this is simply an unequivocal prick - full stop. I don't give a large rats ass who chooses to wear a mask or who doesn't. At this point everyone's too damn busy arguing with each other to consider the possibility that they're BOTH wrong.

But carry on, gents. There will be plenty of patting yourselves on the backs for all viewpoints here...

How long?

Pants
07-15-2020, 04:10 PM
Fuck off.

It's possible I misunderstood the meaning of your post... I thought you were talking about asking everyone, regardless of their political preferences or socioeconomic statuses, to don a mask to slow the spread of a deadly and contagious disease.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 04:14 PM

This is exactly correct and why people are so desperately clinging to the idea that if only everyone wore masks the virus will just go away. It's ridiculous and borderline delusional.

It makes sense that wearing masks will slow the spread some. I haven't seen any legitimate studies that prove this but it stands to reason. But why slow the spread unless you absolutely have to? The last thing we should want is to drag this out until cold and flu season hits. Masking up is doing just that. If we were certain we could have a vaccine deployed to all vulnerable Americans by September or even October I would see some logic in mitigation but that seems extremely unlikely.

To me, our entire approach has been ass backwards from the start. It's driven mostly by hysteria and the need to feel a sense of control.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 04:14 PM
It's possible I misunderstood the meaning of your post... I thought you were talking about asking everyone, regardless of their political preferences or socioeconomic statuses, to don a mask to slow the spread of a deadly and contagious disease.

The point is that people are 24/7 spouting vitriol, until they pause a moment to ask others to be altruistic. They may or may not try to pretty up by saying they are looking out for 'everyone,' but they're the one making the demand in the midst of their hatespew.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 04:15 PM
This is exactly correct and why people are so desperately clinging to the idea that if only everyone wore masks the virus will just go away. It's ridiculous and borderline delusional.

It makes sense that wearing masks will slow the spread some. I haven't seen any legitimate studies that prove this but it stands to reason. But why slow the spread unless you absolutely have to? The last thing we should want is to drag this out until cold and flu season hits. Masking up is doing just that. If we were certain we could have a vaccine deployed to all vulnerable Americans by September or even October I would see some logic in mitigation but that seems extremely unlikely.

To me, our entire approach has been ass backwards from the start. It's driven mostly by hysteria and the need to feel a sense of control.

Why can one only give ONE thumbs up?!?!?!

Plus there's this notion that we can all just sit on our ass in our homes for the rest of our lives and someone else, presumably government, will deliver out free shit to our door. All while we wait for someone else, presumably government, with 'fix it' eventually somehow.

Plus plus, if people weren't such assholes, we could just wear masks to go out for the leisure and recreation we desire in the meantime as well. But the assholes aren't giving them the peace of mind to go out for their leisure and recreation, so they get angry and start filming and berating.

Donger
07-15-2020, 04:22 PM

Well, you're getting what you want now, right?

As to a legitimate study that shows wearing masks is a preventative measure:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

DJ's left nut
07-15-2020, 04:23 PM

There haven't been any done as to COVID specifically (at least not when I last checked), but there have been randomized, blind studies done as to the efficacy of masks in slowing the spread of aerosolized viruses (such as the flu) done in the past and the historical consensus was that there's no statistically significant benefit.

I wear mine because rules are rules. The city passed an ordinance, it's within their purview and that's how a democracy works. I don't think it makes much sense, but them's the breaks.

But yes, the idea that it's a panacea is just patently absurd and the high and mighty "just go ahead and die, anti-makers" crowd can feel free to fist themselves.

DaFace
07-15-2020, 04:26 PM

I guess it comes down to whether you think herd immunity or a vaccine is the most likely way out of all of this. I lean toward the latter given that there are a number of vaccines that seem promising and antibody studies have suggested we have a long way to go to hit the former.

But both of those definitely lie in the realm of the unknown.

kstater
07-15-2020, 04:28 PM
But muh freedoms

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 04:41 PM
I guess it comes down to whether you think herd immunity or a vaccine is the most likely way out of all of this. I lean toward the latter given that there are a number of vaccines that seem promising and antibody studies have suggested we have a long way to go to hit the former.

But both of those definitely lie in the realm of the unknown.

I think it will be a mixture of both. We definitely need to fast track a vaccine for the people who are vulnerable. I just think it is ludicrous to want to slow the spread among the rest of the public. It does FAR more harm than any perceived good. The only legitimate concern should be medical resources and I have yet to see anywhere in the US (including NYC) truly hit that wall hard enough to justify this hysteria.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 04:44 PM
But muh freedoms

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Has zero to do with "muh freedoms" and everything to do with using logic instead of emotion to guide my choices. Masks (most likely) slow the spread of the virus among the healthy... this is 100% counterproductive and exactly opposite of what we need right now.

Donger
07-15-2020, 04:46 PM
I just think it is ludicrous to want to slow the spread among the rest of the public. It does FAR more harm than any perceived good.

Slowing the spread of a disease during a pandemic, one which has already killed 140,000 Americans with mitigation efforts to do just that, is ludicrous.

Kman34
07-15-2020, 04:48 PM

From what I’m reading their State wide mask order was issued on June 19.. Plus they opened the bars and other businesses while the case numbers were still going up..

I just want all this to end.. I’m tired of worrying about my 85 year old parents catching it..

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 04:52 PM
I just want all this to end..

Why didn't anyone else think of this?!?!?!

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 04:55 PM
Slowing the spread of a disease during a pandemic, one which has already killed 140,000 Americans with mitigation efforts to do just that, is ludicrous.

Yes and it amazes me how you are so blind to that fact.

You'd rather drag this out until cold and flu season comes back and you will likely see many more unnecessary deaths because you live under the delusion that we can magically make the virus go away or that everyone will play along and we can mitigate things until a vaccine comes along. It's insanity.

CaliforniaChief
07-15-2020, 04:57 PM
The reason California's cases skyrocketed are because during the week or so of protests, literally hundreds of thousands of people crowded together and shouted in each other's faces for hours on end.

Then the media, refusing to simply acknowledge what we all know, blamed it on Memorial Day celebrations and the beach. Some blamed churches too, despite the fact that almost all churches (mine included) required masks/distancing, and have no cases.

The masks help. Just wear them.

Donger
07-15-2020, 04:58 PM
Yes and it amazes me how you are so blind to that fact.

You'd rather drag this out until cold and flu season comes back and you will likely see many more unnecessary deaths because you live under the delusion that we can magically make the virus go away or that everyone will play along and we can mitigate things until a vaccine comes along. It's insanity.

No. What I'd rather do it what other countries have done:

Drive the R0 of this ****er below 1 and down to as close to zero as possible with mitigation efforts. If we do that, the virus has no choice but to die out. It's not magic. It's math.

It has been shown that can be accomplished. For some unfathomable reason, you don't want to do the same. THAT is insanity.

Herd immunity hasn't been proven with COVID-19 nor do we know how long antibody immunity lasts. calling for that approach is just ridiculous.

suzzer99
07-15-2020, 05:07 PM

Taco John probably has some good answers for you.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 05:07 PM
No. What I'd rather do it what other countries have done:

Drive the R0 of this fucker below 1 and down to as close to zero as possible with mitigation efforts. If we do that, the virus has no choice but to die out. It's not magic. It's math.

It has been shown that can be accomplished. For some unfathomable reason, you don't want to do the same. THAT is insanity.

Dude you honestly believe this nonsense. You think the virus will die out simply with masks and social distancing? You be lucky to kill off the virus with military enforced quarantine zones and locking people in their homes.

The virus is not going anywhere without a vaccine or natural immunity. Thinking otherwise is beyond ignorant and frankly dangerous.

suzzer99
07-15-2020, 05:12 PM
Dude you honestly believe this nonsense. You think the virus will die out simply with masks and social distancing? You be lucky to kill off the virus with military enforced quarantine zones and locking people in their homes.

The virus is not going anywhere without a vaccine or natural immunity. Thinking otherwise is beyond ignorant and frankly dangerous.

So how have Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam, where mask compliance is near 100%, basically never had much of an outbreak? How was S. Korea able to get on top of their outbreak so fast and we can't? Do you have a better explanation other than masks having a big part in it?

Taiwan has baseball now, with fans. I'd like to have nice things too. It sure would be nice if we could somehow try 100% mask compliance for a while. But not wearing a mask is now a political statement for a big chunk of the country.

Opening bars is the biggest mistake CA made imo. You just have to look inside those things and see a potential super-spreader event happening. Same for some gyms including mine - totally packed, no masks. Other gyms were actually following all the protocols.

BryanBusby
07-15-2020, 05:14 PM

It seems to be well contained in areas that choose not to openly defy science.

Donger
07-15-2020, 05:14 PM

It's not nonsense. Again, it's math, and we can look at states here and other countries around the world which are dealing with the same pandemic as we are for proof. Until we have a vaccine (fingers crossed on that), yes, we absolutely do what we can to drive the R0 down with mitigation.

lewdog
07-15-2020, 05:17 PM

Natural Herd immunity seems very doubtful. They are already showing cases were reinfection can occur. You’re only achieving herd immunity with high vaccine use when it’s ready.

https://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org/discussion/herd-immunity-and-covid-19-what-you-need-to-know/

ThyKingdomCome15
07-15-2020, 05:19 PM
Communism is alive and well I see.

Coach
07-15-2020, 05:22 PM
Doesn't bother me at all. Haven't stepped in Walmart in, oh about 3 years now.

saphojunkie
07-15-2020, 05:25 PM

Too many dumbfucks won't listen to recommendations. The fact that it's required doesn't mean it's followed.

Try again.

saphojunkie
07-15-2020, 05:26 PM

This is so fucking Texas retarded it should be your state motto.

Megatron96
07-15-2020, 05:26 PM
Weird. The Wal-Mart here in town has been requiring masks for a couple months now. Haven't been to a Sam's in a couple years or more so can't say anything about that. Not required at the Costco I was at a month ago though.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 05:59 PM
So how have Taiwan, Japan and Vietnam, where mask compliance is near 100%, basically never had much of an outbreak? How was S. Korea able to get on top of their outbreak so fast and we can't? Do you have a better explanation other than masks having a big part in it?

Actually yes. They have public contact tracing. If you are ok with zero privacy then that is one thing that works pretty well at containing things. The problem is that containment is the WRONG strategy unless you are willing to maintain strict measures until there is a vaccine. (or you need to do so to keep hospitals from being overrun). Everyone has convinced themselves that containment is some magic goal that solves things. It does not. It just postpones things and that is fine if you are prepared to do so for months upon months. I personally think that is ludicrous given the realities of this disease and how miniscule the risk is to healthy young (and young-ish) people.

Jenson71
07-15-2020, 06:15 PM
Actually yes. They have public contact tracing. If you are ok with zero privacy then that is one thing that works pretty well at containing things. The problem is that containment is the WRONG strategy unless you are willing to maintain strict measures until there is a vaccine. (or you need to do so to keep hospitals from being overrun). Everyone has convinced themselves that containment is some magic goal that solves things. It does not. It just postpones things and that is fine if you are prepared to do so for months upon months. I personally think that is ludicrous given the realities of this disease and how miniscule the risk is to healthy young (and young-ish) people.

I am willing to live with containment and minimization, using protective measures like social distancing, masking, and work/school place solutions (e.g., screens, glass, slower pace, increased online-only interactions), until a vaccine is created. That seems a much better alternative than what you're proposing.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 06:20 PM
I am willing to live with containment and minimization, using protective measures like social distancing, masking, and work/school place solutions (e.g., screens, glass, slower pace, increased online-only interactions), until a vaccine is created. That seems a much better alternative than what you're proposing.

I said people would need to get comfortable with this . . . back in March, . . . and was derided as hysterical and hyperbolic. By many of the same people who are advocating it now.

The most consistent message has been 'someone will take care of it somehow, . . . hopefully soon' which is an utterly impotent, useless, and unfounded message, . . . except to salve the emotions of those asserting it.

Ironically, the other thing I said early on was that people would have to give others some slack when they get rowdy and restless, or we would all be at each other's throats on social media over petty bullshit, which is pretty much the summation of the current state of interpersonal interaction.

Donger
07-15-2020, 06:25 PM
The problem is that containment is the WRONG strategy unless you are willing to maintain strict measures until there is a vaccine.

As we've seen, maintain the strict measures UNTIL you drive the new case growth down and sustain it. Then, when it makes sense by the numbers and data (not desire and/or dates), slowly open up in phases, and keep an eye on things. Watch for flare-ups (which will happen), and stomp the shit out of them.

ALL of that can be done, and has been done, without a vaccine.

cripple creek
07-15-2020, 06:29 PM
the the isle traffic commenshttps://chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=120823&stc=1&d=1594859280ts made me think of this

Donger
07-15-2020, 06:33 PM
Which one would you pick?

Jenson71
07-15-2020, 06:37 PM
I said people would need to get comfortable with this . . . back in March, . . . and was derided as hysterical and hyperbolic. By many of the same people who are advocating it now.

The most consistent message has been 'someone will take care of it somehow, . . . hopefully soon' which is an utterly impotent, useless, and unfounded message, . . . except to salve the emotions of those asserting it.

Reminds me how at the beginning of World War I, people thought troops would be 'home before the leaves fall.' Not likely. Adapt. Fortunately. humans are naturally pretty good at quickly adapting to new environments and challenges, though we also tend to wait to the last minute to do so and want to avoid it if possible.

tk13
07-15-2020, 06:43 PM

I said this like 3 months ago in the other thread, but you are 100% going for instant gratification here and it's not the logical way to go. By delaying spread of the virus as much as possible, you are buying time in so many ways. You're allowing important research to happen and give us better knowledge about the virus, how to treat it, who is most at risk, how to better prevent deaths. You're buying time for a vaccine.

You're also buying time and give yourself the chance of letting this virus mutate into something less dangerous. The virus mutates. It's why the Sweden plan in America is completely stupid. Instead we've let this thing spread like wildfire, and now it's like the roots of a tree spread in a million different directions. It's only going to take one of those to mutate into something more dangerous to completely F us over this winter. That doesn't mean it will happen, of course not, but it doesn't mean ignoring that possibility is the smart approach either. By knocking this down and dragging it out you're at least giving yourself the chance to allow a less dangerous version of the virus to be the one that survives.

It is 100% exactly like the end of the movie The Mist. You have to buy yourself time to see what's coming around the corner before you make a rash decision and blow everyone's head off, which is what Sweden did.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Which one would you pick?

I actually don't care about cases in the least. I care about deaths. Posting (and caring about) raw case numbers is completely useless without knowing demographics and a host of other factors.

More importantly I really care about EXCESS deaths. An unfortunate fact is that many of the people dying from this disease were (statistically speaking) not long for this world. That doesn't make it all ok but it is a perspective to keep in mind. You will see this play out in the excess death numbers and how they will even out to normal rather quickly because how heavily weighted toward the elderly the mortality of COVID is.

Donger
07-15-2020, 06:48 PM
I actually don't care about cases in the least. I care about deaths. Posting (and caring about) raw case numbers is completely useless without knowing demographics and a host of other factors.

More importantly I really care about EXCESS deaths. An unfortunate fact is that many of the people dying from this disease were (statistically speaking) not long for this world. That doesn't make it all ok but it is a perspective to keep in mind. You will see this play out in the excess death numbers and how they will even out to normal rather quickly because how heavily weighted toward the elderly the mortality of COVID is.

Interesting that you don't care about cases. Tell me, do you get deaths without cases?

With that being said, which country would you say is doing better with both?

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 06:48 PM

And here is the problem... you make it sound like what I am proposing is going to result in bodies piled up in the streets. That is the hysteria we are living with right now. The math simply doesn't support the fear.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 06:51 PM
Interesting that you don't care about cases. Tell me, do you get deaths without cases?

With that being said, which country would you say is doing better with both?

Do you really need this explained to you AGAIN? If I have 100000 cases and they are all in nursing homes is that better than 10,000,000 cases isolated in elementary schools?

Dude, quit being an insufferable prick and have a discussion like an adult and I will engage you. But this schtick of yours is tiresome.

Donger
07-15-2020, 06:52 PM
And here is the problem... you make it sound like what I am proposing is going to result in bodies piled up in the streets. That is the hysteria we are living with right now. The math simply doesn't support the fear.

The math? Let's look:

CDC best estimate is an IFR of 0.6%

You want herd immunity. That's ~50% (on the low side) of the population. So, that's 165,000,000 cases.

That's 990,000 deaths.

You want that to happen, instead of what I've stated above?

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 06:53 PM

Yeah, my 19 year old ex-student, with zero previous health issues was not long for this world. Fuck him, I guess.

Fuck off with this shit. Every positive case is another opportunity to pass it on to someone at risk, even if they appear to be healthy. And even if they don't die, we have no idea what the long term effects are at this point.

So yeah, great fucking plan.

Donger
07-15-2020, 06:54 PM
Do you really need this explained to you AGAIN? If I have 100000 cases and they are all in nursing homes is that better than 10,000,000 cases isolated in elementary schools?

Dude, quit being an insufferable prick and have a discussion like an adult and I will engage you. But this schtick of yours is tiresome.

You are the one arguing hypotheticals which aren't happening. I'm arguing what is happening, with math to back it up.

If that's being an insufferable prick in your mind, I'd suggest that you need to adjust your thinking and opinions.

Meanwhile, you ignore my logical and factual posts on the matter.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 06:57 PM
Means nothing unless they are hiring law enforcement/security to actually enforce it.

We’ve been under a mandatory mask order for a while down here, and it’s still 50/50 compliance at BEST because it’s not being enforced.

We’re never going to make any progress when 40-50% of the public thinks this is all bullshit and an infringement of their rights.

I just stopped at a WM because it was next door to another errand I was running and didn't want to make an extra trip to Target...

70+ year old woman and a teenage girl manning the door.

Good fucking luck, ladies.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Yeah, my 19 year old ex-student, with zero previous health issues was not long for this world. Fuck him, I guess.

Fuck off with this shit. Every positive case is another opportunity to pass it on to someone at risk, even if they appear to be healthy. And even if they don't die, we have no idea what the long term effects are at this point.

So yeah, great fucking plan.

"many of the people dying from this disease were (statistically speaking) not long for this world"

Sorry for your loss but your emotions don't change the factual nature of my statement.

If I could wave a magic wand and make the disease go away I would but that is not realistic so I am looking at what solution is best for the most people. I am arguing that FEWER people will suffer and die in the long run if we quit drawing this out like we are.

But I guess I can leave the logic behind and point to someone who died because of the lockdowns and use that as the basis for my side of the debate.

BryanBusby
07-15-2020, 07:11 PM
Herd immunity without a vaccine is a mythical unicorn but hey keep fucking that chicken

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:12 PM
"many of the people dying from this disease were (statistically speaking) not long for this world"

Sorry for your loss but your emotions don't change the factual nature of my statement.

If I could wave a magic wand and make the disease go away I would but that is not realistic so I am looking at what solution is best for the most people. I am arguing that FEWER people will suffer and die in the long run if we quit drawing this out like we are.

But I guess I can leave the logic behind and point to someone who died because of the lockdowns and use that as the basis for my side of the debate.

With literally no statistical evidence. Your logic is essentially "fuck the vulnerable" and if you're not vulnerable and still die, well you're an anomoly.

But I'm the one arguing with emotion. Maybe you need this to affect your life personally before you wake the fuck up, but I really hope it doesn't get to that point.

tyecopeland
07-15-2020, 07:21 PM
Im disappointed that theres not more empty threats of boycotting Walmart in this thread.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 07:23 PM
With literally no statistical evidence. Your logic is essentially "fuck the vulnerable" and if you're not vulnerable and still die, well you're an anomoly.

But I'm the one arguing with emotion. Maybe you need this to affect your life personally before you wake the fuck up, but I really hope it doesn't get to that point.

There is zero evidence for your point of view as well. That is why there is a debate on this subject.

And no, my logic is that I would rather leave emotion at the door and do what saves the most lives.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:23 PM
Im disappointed that theres not more empty threats of boycotting Walmart in this thread.

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
07-15-2020, 07:24 PM

Sadly, this virus will need to kill another 100,000-200,000 before some people wake the fuck up.

This is NOT a hoax. Real people are dying and they're dying horribly and without their families and loved ones at their bedside in too many cases to count.

Every person that refuses to wear a mask in public and every person that claims this is a hoax is complicit in the spread of this horrible disease.

Unfortunately, it's going to take the death of someone near and dear to them before they realize just how wrong they've been but by that time, it'll be too late.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:25 PM
There is zero evidence for your point of view as well. That is why there is a debate on this subject.

And no, my logic is that I would rather leave emotion at the door and do what saves the most lives.

Really? There are several other COUNTRIES worth of evidence.

Holy fuck.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 07:26 PM
complicit

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Sadly, this virus will need to kill another 100,000-200,000 before some people wake the fuck up.

This is NOT a hoax. Real people are dying and they're dying horribly and without their families and loved ones at their bedside in too many cases to count.

Every person that refuses to wear a mask in public and every person that claims this is a hoax is complacent in the spread of this horrible disease.

Unfortunately, it's going to take the death of someone near and dear to them before they realize just how wrong they've been but by that time, it'll be too late.

It doesn't sound like that will be enough to some people.

"If they die, they die" isn't a fucking plan.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 07:31 PM
It is amazing how some people can believe in herd immunity.
It is amazing how people can say oh well it is only those that are in bad health like they wouldn't give a shit if that person was their parents/parents, sibilings, spouse or children. It is a complete bullshit statement.
Kind of makes me understand a statement that was made by a poster that was banned.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 07:32 PM
Really? There are several other COUNTRIES worth of evidence.

Holy fuck.

Other countries have evidence for the total number of excess deaths and exact causes over the next year? Wow! I didn't realize we so far behind on psychic technology!

There are dozens upon dozens of VERY well regarded scientists who feel the exact same way as I do on this. They think your side is being irresponsible and short sighted and causing far more deaths than necessary in the long run. But feel free to tell me I am only interested in killing off grandma because that is a productive argument to have.

Donger
07-15-2020, 07:32 PM
I am arguing that FEWER people will suffer and die in the long run if we quit drawing this out like we are.

Well, again, let's look at the numbers.

We have 137,000 dead already and that's with mitigation efforts, and the reopening, so far.

I gave you the figures above on your herd immunity plan, based on estimates from the CDC and epidemiologists.

Which one has the fewer deaths?

jerryaldini
07-15-2020, 07:33 PM
Sorry if Q, new study finds people who refuse to mask up have the excuse of just being dumber than their fellow citizens. Probably does not bode well for wally world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8519169/Real-covidiots-People-refuse-wear-mask-lower-cognitive-ability-new-study-shows.html

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 07:33 PM
It doesn't sound like that will be enough to some people.

"If they die, they die" isn't a fucking plan.

Hey man it is because they have fudged those numbers for their agenda.... I get tired of that line too. It is like all the people that died did so from something else and everyone is lying about it in some giant conspiracy.

Donger
07-15-2020, 07:34 PM
Other countries have evidence for the total number of excess deaths and exact causes over the next year? Wow! I didn't realize we so far behind on psychic technology!

There are dozens upon dozens of VERY well regarded scientists who feel the exact same way as I do on this. They think your side is being irresponsible and short sighted and causing far more deaths than necessary in the long run. But feel free to tell me I am only interested in killing off grandma because that is a productive argument to have.

Name just a few who are proposing what you are.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 07:36 PM
Well, again, let's look at the numbers.

We have 137,000 dead already and that's with mitigation efforts, and the reopening, so far.

I gave you the figures above on your herd immunity plan, based on estimates from the CDC and epidemiologists.

Which one has the fewer deaths?

How are we suppose to get herd immunity when people are getting reinfected within a few months of complete recovery where they have tested negative?

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:39 PM

Well, now that you say you have dozens upon dozens of scientists that agree with you...

As opposed to the hundreds and thousands that don't...

Donger
07-15-2020, 07:39 PM
How are we suppose to get herd immunity when people are getting reinfected within a few months of complete recovery where they have tested negative?

I'm holding off on that until it's proven, but it's absolutely an unknown which herd proponents MUST have happen for their plan to work.

It's an unnecessary risk, IMO. It's akin to cutting off the head to cure the headache.

Why not just drive the R0 down as best we can, and hope/pray that the geeks get a vaccine to drive a nail into the bug?

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 07:41 PM
I'm holding off on that until it's proven, but it's absolutely an unknown which herd proponents MUST have happen for their plan to work.

It's an unnecessary risk, IMO. It's akin to cutting off the head to cure the headache.

Why not just drive the R0 down as best we can, and hope/pray that the geeks get a vaccine to drive a nail into the bug?

Because dozens of "experts" claim otherwise, and wearing a mask is too much to ask?

Otherwise, I have nothing.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 07:47 PM
Sorry if Q, new study finds people who refuse to mask up have the excuse of just being dumber than their fellow citizens. Probably does not bode well for wally world.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-8519169/Real-covidiots-People-refuse-wear-mask-lower-cognitive-ability-new-study-shows.html

You know it's Q, because you posted the exact same thing at the exact same time in the DC ghetto, . . . with a few 'coy' edits to your rhetoric in the Lounge, but the same message.

jerryaldini
07-15-2020, 07:49 PM
You know it's Q, because you posted the exact same thing at the exact same time in the DC ghetto, . . . with a few 'coy' edits to your rhetoric in the Lounge, but the same message.

You got a problem with that babe? I'm taking lounge Q sweetheart.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 07:55 PM
It is amazing how some people can believe in herd immunity.

HUH? You don't believe in herd immunity? Do you also not believe in the efficacy of vaccines? Or gravity? Herd immunity is a pretty well established concept.

It is amazing how people can say oh well it is only those that are in bad health like they wouldn't give a shit if that person was their parents/parents, sibilings, spouse or children. It is a complete bullshit statement.
Kind of makes me understand a statement that was made by a poster that was banned.

It's amazing that people are so hyper feminized that their emotions dictate short sighted thinking that is willing to kill off more people just to feel as they are in control and "doing something" to change reality. See how that works! I can lie and say what your motivations are too! This is fun!

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 07:57 PM
You got a problem with that babe? I'm taking lounge Q sweetheart.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c129fa21f5e388a815def26cd9bb0b8f/tenor.gif?itemid=5627866

Donger
07-15-2020, 07:58 PM
It's amazing that people are so hyper feminized that their emotions dictate short sighted thinking that is willing to kill off more people just to feel as they are in control and "doing something" to change reality. See how that works! I can lie and say what your motivations are too! This is fun!

What does femininity or masculinity have to do with it?

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 08:11 PM
Name just a few who are proposing what you are.

Good luck, I'm still waiting for an answer to your original question.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 08:26 PM
HUH? You don't believe in herd immunity? Do you also not believe in the efficacy of vaccines? Or gravity? Herd immunity is a pretty well established concept.

I believe in herd immunity but from what I have heard and read there are a growing number of experts that do not believe that herd immunity is attainable or will be for quite some time and a part of that time will also require the mutation of the virus to a lesser viral form of its current self.
See there are several of us that think what you are talking about will cost more lives based on the last information that is available.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 08:27 PM

Come on Dong he is basically calling anyone that has the opinion he opposes a pussy for those beliefs.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 08:47 PM
Good luck, I'm still waiting for an answer to your original question.

I'll answer you but I'm done with Donger's schtick.

Dr. John Ioannidis of Stanford University is one good example.
Anders Tegnell
Dr. Knut Wittkowski

You can google and find many many more. No one is advocating for ignoring the disease or the people most vulnerable. Just the opposite in fact, instead of blanket edicts for everyone we need a much more nuanced response which more effectively protects the vulnerable AND avoids most of the unintended consequences of shutdowns and other reactions.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 08:48 PM
See there are several of us that think what you are talking about will cost more lives based on the last information that is available.
And that is perfectly valid. We have a legitimate difference of opinion on what is the most effective route to take.

AustinChief
07-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Come on Dong he is basically calling anyone that has the opinion he opposes a pussy for those beliefs.

ha no. I wish it was that simple. It is about how we as a society have evolved to over value emotional "thinking" over cold pragmatic thinking .. at least when it comes to public discourse.

Baby Lee
07-15-2020, 08:51 PM

Anders Tegnell
Dr. Knut Wittkowski

You can google and find many many more. No one is advocating for ignoring the disease or the people most vulnerable. Just the opposite in fact, instead of blanket edicts for everyone we need a much more nuanced response which more effectively protects the vulnerable AND avoids most of the unintended consequences of shutdowns and other reactions.

But we want that moment from the movies where the president takes the bullhorn and makes everything all right around the world, . . . somehow , . . . with gumption and gusto.

Individuals working hard and responding to local circumstances is so boring and un-cinematic, and I might have to put my own shoulder to the wheel.

Can't I just put on a mask and tell everyone else to?

Jenson71
07-15-2020, 08:54 PM

I don’t think they would be piled up in the streets. I’m certain there would be places to store them.

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 08:57 PM
ha no. I wish it was that simple. It is about how we as a society have evolved to over value emotional "thinking" over cold pragmatic thinking .. at least when it comes to public discourse.

This statement is true in many ways with a great many things. The one thing I would say is that we cannot be "cold" and pragmatic when making decisions that concern lives.

You know we are more humane to the suffering of pets than to other human beings.

ptlyon
07-15-2020, 08:58 PM
I don’t think they would be piled up in the streets. I’m certain there would be places to store them.

It will be unfortunate if you don't have a river nearby

Chief Roundup
07-15-2020, 08:59 PM

Yeah those Reefer trailers are readily available.

Jenson71
07-15-2020, 09:00 PM

Everyone on a daily basis interacts with all kinds of people. Multigenerational households. Multigenerational workforces. Multigenerational churches and social clubs. Healthy and the vulnerable mix together daily.

Stryker
07-15-2020, 09:01 PM
As they should - this shit is for real, like it or not.

tk13
07-15-2020, 09:10 PM

The problem is you are doing exactly the opposite. Society is doing exactly the opposite. What we're seeing here is emotional thinking about convenience to our own personal lives, as opposed to making educated decisions based on facts and evidence to protect the greater population as a whole.

OnTheWarpath15
07-15-2020, 09:13 PM
<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/d2Za0o9yOhOyc44U" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/gotham-d2Za0o9yOhOyc44U">via GIPHY</a></p>

TribalElder
07-15-2020, 09:36 PM
I wear an n95 vented mask in Walmart

Fuck that place it’s full of skanky people

suzzer99
07-15-2020, 09:43 PM
https://i.imgur.com/t0a3aIE.png

The Iron Chief
07-15-2020, 09:57 PM

I'm thinking much the same.
Masks have been mandatory here since Mid March only 4 months ago now.
A couple of these mask threads popping up are almost impossible to believe.
The only time I haven't had to wear a mask in the past 4 months outside of my house is driving or walking a trail in the woods.
Hearing people act surprised that they have to wear one in a shopping center makes me feel like I've been living on another planet.

Yes Shit paper is back in stock..recently soap especially liquid hand soap are the out of stock items.

Imon Yourside
07-15-2020, 10:50 PM

The girly men have the loudest voices. ;)

Eleazar
07-15-2020, 10:56 PM
Thank you for posting this, I always check CP for the latest Wal-Mart fashion trends

Brody Wa
07-16-2020, 12:01 AM
Living 1.5 miles from the hospital where the first deaths from Covid-19 virus occurred has led me to wearing a mask whenever I’m around other people since the beginning of March. It’s starting to get f&&&&&& old.

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2020, 12:26 AM
Florida man caught on video pulling gun and threatening to kill shopper who asked him to wear a mask

LMAO

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="https://nbcmiami.com/portableplayer/?CID=1:10:2262523&videoID=1764112451916&origin=nbcmiami.com&fullWidth=y"></script>

Baby Lee
07-16-2020, 12:34 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After <a href="https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KatyTurNBC</a> editorializes about why BlackLivesMatter marches are OK but not Trump rallies, MSNBC’s <a href="https://twitter.com/chucktodd?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chucktodd</a> bizarrely claims “there’s no editorial point of view here on any of these newscasts on MSNBC in the daytime” <a href="https://t.co/7bKuMhHweJ">pic.twitter.com/7bKuMhHweJ</a></p>&mdash; Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1283476848542986241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
07-16-2020, 12:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After <a href="https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KatyTurNBC</a> editorializes about why BlackLivesMatter marches are OK but not Trump rallies, MSNBC’s <a href="https://twitter.com/chucktodd?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@chucktodd</a> bizarrely claims “there’s no editorial point of view here on any of these newscasts on MSNBC in the daytime” <a href="https://t.co/7bKuMhHweJ">pic.twitter.com/7bKuMhHweJ</a></p>&mdash; Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) <a href="https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1283476848542986241?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Walmart/Sam's Club? Its appears that you may have accidentally posted in the lounge.

eDave
07-16-2020, 01:02 AM
Walmart customers disparaging Walmart customers is a symptom of self-hatred often related to personality disorders, including borderline personality disorder, as well as mood disorders like depression.

JakeF
07-16-2020, 01:27 AM
Amazing how the people who basically say science doesn't exist are also the people who need to be dragged kicking and screaming to be saved by it.

BigCatDaddy
07-16-2020, 03:35 AM
Walmart customers disparaging Walmart customers is a symptom of self-hatred often related to personality disorders, including borderline personality disorder, as well as mood disorders like depression.

Does this apply to CP member on CP member violence as well?

redfriday
07-16-2020, 04:39 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zXUtsft0Z74" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Donger
07-16-2020, 06:13 AM

Anders Tegnell
Dr. Knut Wittkowski

You're done with my "schtick"? I've argued using facts and figures. If that's a "schtick," sure, all day long. Be done with those.

Anyway:

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemlee/stanford-coronavirus-neeleman-ioannidis-whistleblower

Anders Tegnell admits that he made a mistake.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/04/18/fact-check-herd-immunity-would-not-fully-stop-spread-coronavirus/5156368002/

Donger
07-16-2020, 06:19 AM

Great. So, we can look at those manly numbers, right?

We have 137,000 dead already with mitigation efforts.

I've given you the herder death estimates, based ~50% infection rate, IFR and R0 = 990,000

You claim that you want fewer deaths.

Which one is lower?

Couch-Potato
07-16-2020, 07:20 AM
Aren't they like 6 months late? ...We're required to wear masks everywhere in my city and especially at grocery/convenience stores.

Pants
07-16-2020, 08:15 AM
But we want that moment from the movies where the president takes the bullhorn and makes everything all right around the world, . . . somehow , . . . with gumption and gusto.

Individuals working hard and responding to local circumstances is so boring and un-cinematic, and I might have to put my own shoulder to the wheel.

Can't I just put on a mask and tell everyone else to?

Can you please explain what you mean by this?

How do you think we should go about this pandemic? Clearly you don't think people should wear masks. I presume because you don't believe they work?

How does one put his or her shoulder to the wheel in this situation? How does one "work hard" to help mitigate the pandemic? Or do you mean something else entirely by "work hard?"

Holladay
07-16-2020, 08:31 AM
I live in rural Kansas. Since March, we have had only 20 cases and 0 deaths.

Experts don't have information about the outcome of every infection. However, early estimates predict that the overall COVID-19 recovery rate is between 97% and 99.75%.Apr 9, 2020

With that in mind, they shouldn't make a blanket statement for the whole country. There definitely should be areas that require a mask.

In my area, it just incites more fear.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2020, 08:47 AM

Anders Tegnell
Dr. Knut Wittkowski

Logic and lack of emotion like this seems to be reasoning that is unacceptable in the face of hysteria. Dont give up. You are right.

loochy
07-16-2020, 08:54 AM

With that in mind, they shouldn't make a blanket statement for the whole country. There definitely should be areas that require a mask.

And I bet your schools will still be closed for a long while.

I feel like a county by county approach would be best. The state level is is still too broad

DaFace
07-16-2020, 09:00 AM

I generally agree. The thing you have to consider, though, is that this thing primarily grows in outbreaks. Even if you've only had 20 so far, you could go from that to 250 in a week and not realize it until it was too late.

So it's all about risk tolerance at the community level. It's super tough to know what the "right" answer is.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2020, 09:08 AM

I feel like a county by county approach would be best. The state level is is still too broad

We are creating a huge separation with the schools issue and how its being managed.

IMO, upper level students and students from better off and more sound homes will move far ahead of counterparts from less advantaged families.

Online is fine if they student has supervision and online access and decent computers; a huge number dont.

Many areas in rural America have no high speed access.

Teachers who upload a lesson/video cannot be assured students with bad speeds can get the lesson

Private schools will manage this far better than public

The deficit in education from this one year will never be made up among the students who fall behind

Schools should open and plans set in place for best practices and stop this insanity.

luv
07-16-2020, 10:52 AM
More stores following suit. This story is from our local newspaper. Here's a link, but it's a pay newspaper site with so many free stories per month, so sorry if the link doesn't work for you.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/money/2020/07/16/target-face-coverings-requirement-free-masks-provided-coronavirus/5450555002/?fbclid=IwAR06Al3bBMxOOv0aFSUwUeOYccteRqUSL7vummNndcSYU3dQx-2YWHUwk7M

Target, CVS to also require masks at stores nationwide, following Walmart and other retailers as COVID-19 cases rise

Target and CVS are the latest retailers to announce they too will require shoppers to wear masks or face coverings at stores nationwide.

The announcements come a day after Walmart, Kroger and Kohl's announced they would require masks starting next week as COVID-19 cases continue to rise. The coronavirus causes the disease COVID-19.

Target's requirement will start Aug. 1, the Minneapolis-based retailer confirmed to USA TODAY Thursday. It excludes "those with underlying medical conditions and young children."

For shoppers who do not have masks, Target says stores will provide disposable masks at store entrances.

CVS will start requiring masks Monday, July 20, the company announced in a news release Thursday.

CVS said it is not asking store employees "to play the role of enforcer."

"What we are asking is that customers help protect themselves and those around them by listening to the experts and heeding the call to wear a face covering," CVS said.

More than 80% of Target's stores already require shoppers to wear face coverings due to local and state regulations, the company said.

"Given the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the role masks play in preventing the spread of the coronavirus, our store team members also already wear masks when they come to work, which we provide for them," Target said in a statement.

Target also says it will add signage, station employees at store entrances to remind shoppers to wear masks and have audio reminders.

Stores, which recently extended their hours with many locations closing at 10 p.m., will continue to have "no-contact fulfillment options" including Drive Up curbside pickup and deliveries through Shipt, the company said.

In late June, Target added fresh and frozen groceries to curbside pickup at more than 400-plus stores in the Midwest and will have the service at more than 1,500 stores "in time for the holidays."

Walmart and Sam's Club will start requiring masks at stores and clubs nationwide starting Monday, July 20. Kohl's mandate also starts Monday and Kroger starts Wednesday. Best Buy and Starbucks started requiring consumers nationwide wear masks Wednesday.

loochy
07-16-2020, 11:01 AM
More stores following suit. This story is from our local newspaper. Here's a link, but it's a pay newspaper site with so many free stories per month, so sorry if the link doesn't work for you.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/money/2020/07/16/target-face-coverings-requirement-free-masks-provided-coronavirus/5450555002/?fbclid=IwAR06Al3bBMxOOv0aFSUwUeOYccteRqUSL7vummNndcSYU3dQx-2YWHUwk7M

Target, CVS to also require masks at stores nationwide, following Walmart and other retailers as COVID-19 cases rise

Target and CVS are the latest retailers to announce they too will require shoppers to wear masks or face coverings at stores nationwide.

The announcements come a day after Walmart, Kroger and Kohl's announced they would require masks starting next week as COVID-19 cases continue to rise. The coronavirus causes the disease COVID-19.

Target's requirement will start Aug. 1, the Minneapolis-based retailer confirmed to USA TODAY Thursday. It excludes "those with underlying medical conditions and young children."

For shoppers who do not have masks, Target says stores will provide disposable masks at store entrances.

CVS will start requiring masks Monday, July 20, the company announced in a news release Thursday.

CVS said it is not asking store employees "to play the role of enforcer."

"What we are asking is that customers help protect themselves and those around them by listening to the experts and heeding the call to wear a face covering," CVS said.

More than 80% of Target's stores already require shoppers to wear face coverings due to local and state regulations, the company said.

"Given the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the role masks play in preventing the spread of the coronavirus, our store team members also already wear masks when they come to work, which we provide for them," Target said in a statement.

Target also says it will add signage, station employees at store entrances to remind shoppers to wear masks and have audio reminders.

Stores, which recently extended their hours with many locations closing at 10 p.m., will continue to have "no-contact fulfillment options" including Drive Up curbside pickup and deliveries through Shipt, the company said.

In late June, Target added fresh and frozen groceries to curbside pickup at more than 400-plus stores in the Midwest and will have the service at more than 1,500 stores "in time for the holidays."

Walmart and Sam's Club will start requiring masks at stores and clubs nationwide starting Monday, July 20. Kohl's mandate also starts Monday and Kroger starts Wednesday. Best Buy and Starbucks started requiring consumers nationwide wear masks Wednesday.
Yeah, but Target and CVS aren't known for their gunz/camaro/freedomz crowd.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2020, 11:03 AM

CVS sure is Beer bad booze and cheap wine and two munchie aisles are like bait

tyecopeland
07-16-2020, 11:21 AM

Missouri didnt say schools had to close for a long time, left it open for the district's to decide for themselves but they fell like dominos. It was like snow days. Hard to be the only one in the area to go because if something does happen all hell breaks loose on the district.

Even saying county by county doesnt work because of the overlap into multiple counties and schools that are close to each other but other counties end up getting measured against each other. My county had one school that went 3 days longer than the rest but they had such shit attendance that even though they really wanted to keep going it wouldn't have worked because of lack of students.

Gravedigger
07-16-2020, 11:25 AM
Can you please explain what you mean by this?

How do you think we should go about this pandemic? Clearly you don't think people should wear masks. I presume because you don't believe they work?

How does one put his or her shoulder to the wheel in this situation? How does one "work hard" to help mitigate the pandemic? Or do you mean something else entirely by "work hard?"

Coffee house poetry, bongo drums, snaps with fingers?

BigRedChief
07-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Florida man caught on video pulling gun and threatening to kill shopper who asked him to wear a mask

LMAO

<script type="text/javascript" charset="UTF-8" src="https://nbcmiami.com/portableplayer/?CID=1:10:2262523&videoID=1764112451916&origin=nbcmiami.com&fullWidth=y"></script>
Did I hear that right? Pulled a gun on an elderly man in a wheelchair?

BigRedChief
07-16-2020, 11:32 AM

There’s at least 20 National businesses requiring masks from Best Buy, Kohl’s, Apple stores to grocery stores. It’s not just Starbucks and Whole Foods anymore.

Donger
07-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Did I hear that right? Pulled a gun on an elderly man in a wheelchair?

No. He guy pulled a gun on a guy who asked him to mask up. The gun-puller brought the old man in the wheelchair into the store.

Donger
07-16-2020, 11:34 AM
There’s at least 20 National businesses requiring masks from Best Buy, Kohl’s, Apple stores to grocery stores.

Good. Let's see how many of those masculine chest-thumpers mask up when they get hungry.

BigRedChief
07-16-2020, 11:40 AM
Good. Let's see how many of those masculine chest-thumpers mask up when they get hungry.I’ve read several studies that conclude if 75% of us wore a mask when out in public, within 60 days we could be at levels like we see in Europe. Doing nothing else. Just that one thing.

We could have an NFL season. Get schools open. Business’s opening.

suzzer99
07-16-2020, 12:40 PM

The freeomz crowd all seem to have brand new $60k decked-out trucks now.

eDave
07-16-2020, 12:44 PM
Good. Let's see how many of those masculine chest-thumpers mask up when they get hungry.

They will just go to Olathe or Overland Park to shop. Derp.

AdolfOliverBush
07-16-2020, 12:54 PM

LMAO

A good guy with a gun should've blown that idiot's brains out where he stood.

HonestChieffan
07-16-2020, 12:57 PM
I’ve read several studies that conclude if 75% of us wore a mask when out in public, within 60 days we could be at levels like we see in Europe. Doing nothing else. Just that one thing.

where did u read this

BryanBusby
07-16-2020, 01:50 PM
I’ve read several studies that conclude if 75% of us wore a mask when out in public, within 60 days we could be at levels like we see in Europe. Doing nothing else. Just that one thing.

But muh freedomz u shep

BigCatDaddy
07-16-2020, 02:03 PM
where did u read this

ChiefsPlanetPandemicGuru.com

DaneMcCloud
07-16-2020, 02:06 PM
ChiefsPlanetPandemicGuru.com

where did u read this

Why does it even matter where his info was sourced?

You guys would just shame the source and call it fake or a hoax because it doesn't fit your narrative.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-16-2020, 08:25 PM
I got mine, fuck you...so sad

HonestChieffan
07-16-2020, 09:51 PM

You guys would just shame the source and call it fake or a hoax because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Not true at all. Is it so evil to ask where this claim came from?

dj56dt58
07-16-2020, 10:47 PM
More dumb****ery.

Shut the fuck up and put your mask on..like a heard of retarded sheep. Do what your told and don’t ask questions

dj56dt58
07-16-2020, 10:48 PM
where did u read this

Yeah I’d like to know too

dj56dt58
07-16-2020, 10:50 PM

Sounds like something your dumbass would say. Just say some bullshit don’t worry about having a valid source for your information

Go away. Again

BWillie
07-16-2020, 10:52 PM
I only go to Wal-Mart at 11pm or later at night. Now that they close at 8pm??? -- I don't go anymore.

philfree
07-16-2020, 10:58 PM
I haven't been in a Walmart or any big store for months. I'm getting spoiled with curbside pickup though. At Walmart, Hy-Vee, Price Cutter and Harter House.

KCrockaholic
07-16-2020, 11:03 PM

I don't know exactly where you live, but we've already been doing that at a 95% rate in the majority of Kansas and Missouri for the past 3 weeks. Most other parts of the country I assume are close to the same rate in heavily populated cities. People everywhere in public are wearing a mask of some kind. It's rare to see someone enter a store without one now.

I know this because as a part time gig I do some auditing of retail stores. Since April I've been inside over 200 Wal Marts and over 50 Targets, and there's of course occasional others like HyVee or whatever. Everyone is wearing masks and has been for a long time now. At least at stores around KC metro I mean. It's been 75%+ everywhere I've been.

KCrockaholic
07-16-2020, 11:08 PM
I haven't been in a Walmart or any big store for months. I'm getting spoiled with curbside pickup though. At Walmart, Hy-Vee, Price Cutter and Harter House.

Damn we are like opposites. I literally enter a Wal Mart or two or three every single day. And have for months. I don't buy anything there. I'm there to make sure their managers are doing what they're supposed to with displays and merchandise, then I leave after 10 minutes.