PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Baldinger and David Carr discuss Mahomes and Lamar Jackson

Tribal Warfare
07-25-2020, 12:27 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P4NYctMt8iQ?start=78" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shocked that Carr didn't shit on Patrick

Halfcan
07-25-2020, 12:34 AM
Jackson is the #1 player!! Chokes in the Playoffs.

Stryker
07-25-2020, 01:01 AM
Saw this and yes, it is a toss up - statistically, but OUR BOY BEAT THEM AND WON THE SB!!! Case closed. Did I forget to mention SB MVP? Oops!

JD10367
07-25-2020, 03:06 AM
Lamar might have better stats than Mahomes. Guess what? They don’t give Lombardis for stats. Peyton had better stats than Brady. Marino (one SB appearance) had better stats than Jim Kelly (four SBs). Terry Bradshaw, anyone? Stats are for fans of losing teams.

JakeF
07-25-2020, 03:32 AM
There's a good chance that Jackson suddenly disappears just like other running QBs. The Raven's offensive line should get a ton of the credit.

Can you imagine what Mahomes would do with a line as good as Baltimore?

displacedinMN
07-25-2020, 07:25 AM
There's a good chance that Jackson suddenly disappears just like other running QBs. The Raven's offensive line should get a ton of the credit.

I will agree with your assessment.

Tired of the discussion. Mostly because there is nothing for them to talk about. Maybe it will go away some now that there is baseball. I cannot make a lot of comparisons-don't really watch other games or care for other teams. Just think Jackson will become Kap. Big flame. Bigger bucket of water. One hit to the sternum and done.

KCJake
07-25-2020, 07:30 AM
Jackson is the #1 player!! Chokes in the Playoffs.
This guy has Cam Newton written all over him

Coogs
07-25-2020, 07:37 AM
Wait. So Mahomes has help around him? He has Andy. He has Bieniemy. He has Hill. He has Kelce.

That is why the top player has to be Jackson. :spock:

Lprechaun
07-25-2020, 08:06 AM
Wait. So Mahomes has help around him? He has Andy. He has Bieniemy. He has Hill. He has Kelce.

That is why the top player has to be Jackson. :spock:

The same guys will then tell you Kittle is better or that Hill isnt really a #1 WR.
Hmm

Coogs
07-25-2020, 08:08 AM
The same guys will then tell you Kittle is better or that Hill isnt really a #1 WR.
Hmm

I just find it amazing that Baltimore does not have a HC, an OC, any WR's or TE's, and maybe no RB's to help out Jackson. He apparently does this all on his own.

WhiteWhale
07-25-2020, 08:33 AM
I just find it amazing that Baltimore does not have a HC, an OC, any WR's or TE's, and maybe no RB's to help out Jackson. He apparently does this all on his own.

Right.

They ignore that baltimore had more pro bowlers than any other team tho.

All by himself.

DRM08
07-25-2020, 08:50 AM

It would be interesting to see Mahomes in a more traditional offense with a mauler line and strong run game to setup easy play action throws, especially on the deep ball. The Chiefs throw the ball all the time and defenses still can’t stop it despite knowing what KC will do.

I think Baldinger nails it. “No lead is safe” with Mahomes on the other team. When he gets in the zone, it’s unreal how easy the game is for him. Being dead serious here. Has Lamar ever led his team back from being down by double digits? Mahomes did it in 3 straight playoff games to win a championship. He did it to the Patriots in AFC title game as well, but Dee Ford gave the game away.

synthesis2
07-25-2020, 09:14 AM
Everyone on this board may roast me for saying this but I just don't think Jackson is that good.

yes he had a magical season last year and did some things running the ball that were amazing but I don't think he will come close this year to doing what he did last year.

Going forward if he isn't hurt I think he is a 6-10 QB in the league but certainly not a top 2 .

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow for a year but I think you will see he isn't what most people think he is.

493rd
07-25-2020, 09:16 AM
Mahomes >>> Jackson. When Lamar throws for 50 and 5,000 let me know.

crispystl
07-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Mahomes >>> Jackson. When Lamar throws for 50 and 5,000 let me know.

Or wins a Super Bowl.....or a playoff game.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowser
07-25-2020, 10:19 AM
It's "Jet Chip Wasp", Sean. Get it right.

RealSNR
07-25-2020, 10:28 AM
Everyone on this board may roast me for saying this but I just don't think Jackson is that good.

yes he had a magical season last year and did some things running the ball that were amazing but I don't think he will come close this year to doing what he did last year.

Going forward if he isn't hurt I think he is a 6-10 QB in the league but certainly not a top 2 .

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow for a year but I think you will see he isn't what most people think he is.
FUCK YOU! We all love Lamar Jackson on this board!!!!

notorious
07-25-2020, 10:47 AM

No roasting here. He fucking sucks when it matters the most.

Bowser
07-25-2020, 11:34 AM
I'd take DeShaun Watson over Jackson without even thinking about it.

Chief Pagan
07-25-2020, 11:41 AM

Not only can he throw and catch it, but he can run it too!

Chief Pagan
07-25-2020, 11:43 AM
Lamar might have better stats than Mahomes. Guess what? They don’t give Lombardis for stats. Peyton had better stats than Brady. Marino (one SB appearance) had better stats than Jim Kelly (four SBs). Terry Bradshaw, anyone? Stats are for fans of losing teams.

Stats might be for losers, but I think Marino is a wee bit better than Trent Dilfer.

keg in kc
07-25-2020, 12:08 PM
It's all clickbait, I know, but the effort the media makes to create some kind of competition between Mahomes and Jackson is hilarious. Mahomes is (statistically) a better quarterback in virtually every measurable passing category. He attempts many more passes and completes those passes at a higher percentage for more yards per attempt or completion. And he's sacked less often, in terms of percentage, despite being asked to throw the ball much more often, and not having Jackson's sheer elusive speed.

Mahomes is far-and-away the best quarterback in the NFL. Jackson is, at this point, a gifted runningback who's still working on developing his ability to pass, and he simply does not have the natural arm talent that Mahomes possesses, much less the ability (so far) to read and exploit defenses the way that Mahomes does. Mahomes' MVP season was backed up with an injury plagued season that still ended in a Superbowl MVP. He's proven that 2018 was no fluke. Whereas Jackson has one season shining in a gimmick option-based offense that most likely is not repeatable much less sustainable over the long term.

It's not even a contest.

NWTF
07-25-2020, 12:39 PM

He had a great season. Really good offensive design for a QB with passing limitations. They will still beat the bad teams who cant contain the run that sets it all up for them, but will struggle in the playoffs against better teams and look offensively inept against teams that stop the run and force them to throw. If the D knows hes throwing he cant get it done.

Chief Roundup
07-25-2020, 01:49 PM
How could it not be Mahomes? It would be ridiculous if it was not him. As good as Lamar is, he still is not on Mahomes level. A QB that runs has a very short shelf life especially one that is not very accurate. Then we can talk about how he folded up and lost belief in his ability and his teams ability when going head to head with Mahomes in the playoffs this last season.

Chiefshrink
07-25-2020, 02:02 PM
Jackson isn't even close to Mahomes in the art of NFL QBing.:rolleyes: You take away Jackson's supporting offensive cast and give him just a mediocre cast he falls by the wayside very quickly I assure you.

Chiefshrink
07-25-2020, 02:12 PM
It's all clickbait, I know, but the effort the media makes to create some kind of competition between Mahomes and Jackson is hilarious. Mahomes is (statistically) a better quarterback in virtually every measurable passing category. He attempts many more passes and completes those passes at a higher percentage for more yards per attempt or completion. And he's sacked less often, in terms of percentage, despite being asked to throw the ball much more often, and not having Jackson's sheer elusive speed.

Mahomes is far-and-away the best quarterback in the NFL. Jackson is, at this point, a gifted runningback who's still working on developing his ability to pass, and he simply does not have the natural arm talent that Mahomes possesses, much less the ability (so far) to read and exploit defenses the way that Mahomes does. Mahomes' MVP season was backed up with an injury plagued season that still ended in a Superbowl MVP. He's proven that 2018 was no fluke. Whereas Jackson has one season shining in a gimmick option-based offense that most likely is not repeatable much less sustainable over the long term.

It's not even a contest.

He had a great season. Really good offensive design for a QB with passing limitations. They will still beat the bad teams who cant contain the run that sets it all up for them, but will struggle in the playoffs against better teams and look offensively inept against teams that stop the run and force them to throw. If the D knows hes throwing he cant get it done.

BOOM !!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Bowser
07-25-2020, 02:18 PM
He had a great season. Really good offensive design for a QB with passing limitations. They will still beat the bad teams who cant contain the run that sets it all up for them, but will struggle in the playoffs against better teams and look offensively inept against teams that stop the run and force them to throw. If the D knows he's throwing he cant get it done.

It's kind of amazing how one Harbaugh copied the other Harbaugh's offensive philosophy and turned his uber athletic QB into a weapon for a couple of seasons, isn't it? If memory serves, Kap was a legit threat at QB for about three seasons or so before the league figured out how to deal with him....

Chiefshrink
07-25-2020, 02:23 PM
It's kind of amazing how one Harbaugh copied the other Harbaugh's offensive philosophy and turned his uber athletic QB into a weapon for a couple of seasons, isn't it? If memory serves, Kap was a legit threat at QB for about three seasons or so before the league figured out how to deal with him....

wasn't even 3 seasons, more like 1.5 seasons.

Coogs
07-25-2020, 02:29 PM

It's kind of ironic that in the Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl a few years back, that the Baltimore Harbaugh with the throwing QB (Flacco) beat the Harbaugh with the running QB (Kap), and now the Baltimore Harbaugh has a running QB.

keg in kc
07-25-2020, 06:54 PM
It doesn't matter which Harbaugh you pick, they're both Marty Schottenheimer, with the obvious exception that one lucked into a Lombardi thanks to Joe Flacco having an all-time great playoff run (much like Montana might have gotten Marty one despite himself if Joe hadn't been injured in the AFCCG...). But anybody in Kansas City should recognize what that Baltimore team is, and why it almost certainly isn't any kind of long-term threat to what appears to have been built here. As has already been mentioned, that kind of uber conservative franchise is great at beating on less talented teams and posting flashy regular seasons behind league leading running games, and then even better at losing to equal or superior rosters when the games actually mean something. And that's not even asking the question of what they can do against a team like KC, who can score a game's worth of points in ten minutes and turn an ugly deficit into a blowout win.

Monticore
07-25-2020, 07:12 PM
I don’t ever see Lamar coming back in games like Pat has , down 21 in the third running isn’t going to cut it , and I think a defence would fear Mahomes more in that scenario.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
07-25-2020, 07:19 PM
Once a year Lamar Jackson's piss smells of gun powder

Halfcan
07-25-2020, 07:27 PM
In other news- Carr predicts the Faders will not only sweep the Chiefs this year, they will win the SB and his baby boo will get the SB MVP!!!

KChiefs1
07-26-2020, 06:32 AM
Mahomes > Watson > Jackson

Lamar = RGIII

RealSNR
07-26-2020, 09:42 AM
It doesn't matter which Harbaugh you pick, they're both Marty Schottenheimer, with the obvious exception that one lucked into a Lombardi thanks to Joe Flacco having an all-time great playoff run (much like Montana might have gotten Marty one despite himself if Joe hadn't been injured in the AFCCG...). But anybody in Kansas City should recognize what that Baltimore team is, and why it almost certainly isn't any kind of long-term threat to what appears to have been built here. As has already been mentioned, that kind of uber conservative franchise is great at beating on less talented teams and posting flashy regular seasons behind league leading running games, and then even better at losing to equal or superior rosters when the games actually mean something. And that's not even asking the question of what they can do against a team like KC, who can score a game's worth of points in ten minutes and turn an ugly deficit into a blowout win.
Hey, c'mon. Michigan's not THAT bad...