PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID

Pages : [1] 2

tk13
07-31-2020, 08:08 AM
More postponements.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jonheyman</a> report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1289199060138758144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca
07-31-2020, 08:13 AM
Are they even going to be able to finish this season?

tk13
07-31-2020, 08:15 AM
I honestly don't know. We have three games postponed tonight now due to COVID.

And that doesn't even include that St. Louis just came from Minnesota, and the Twins are now in Cleveland. Probably going to have to keep an eye on the Twins and Indians now.

backinblack
07-31-2020, 08:17 AM

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/693626251549605931/738762760963227658/image0.gif

tk13
07-31-2020, 08:20 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> are remaining in their hotel room, have no plans going to ballpark today. They have been instructed into self-isolation, per source. Confirms <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JonHeyman</a> report <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brewers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brewers</a> game vs <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stlcards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stlcards</a> ppd got today. News soon <a href="https://twitter.com/stltoday?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@stltoday</a></p>&mdash; Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) <a href="https://twitter.com/dgoold/status/1289198462110535686?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tk13
07-31-2020, 08:22 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, per source, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> for now have been told that, if the rest of the team tests negative (and I haven’t yet been told how many positives they had), the series with the Brewers will start on Saturday.</p>&mdash; Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1289203974336200706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut
07-31-2020, 08:24 AM

No.

If MLB's plan was "shut down any team that has a positive" than they shouldn't have even started the season back up.

Players were getting this during lock-downs. Players were getting this before the season opened. Players are GOING to get this because MLB didn't attempt to isolate them outside of the ballparks.

Players getting COVID was inevitable and if they simply planned on locking down any team that had a positive test, they shouldn't have bothered. And that goes for every single one of these major sports.

Accept occasional cases as an inevitability or don't bother. This is ridiculous.

jd1020
07-31-2020, 08:24 AM
Wonder how many tested positive. Been a handful of teams have 1 or 2 guys have to sit out for symptoms/positive tests but didn't have to postpone their games. Have to imagine a decent number tested positive here.

This season is just a disaster. Half the league going to be looking at doing 2 weeks worth of those 7 inning double headers if they want to actually finish the season at this rate.

jd1020
07-31-2020, 08:28 AM
No.

If MLB's plan was "shut down any team that has a positive" than they shouldn't have even started the season back up.

Players were getting this during lock-downs. Players were getting this before the season opened. Players are GOING to get this because MLB didn't attempt to isolate them outside of the ballparks.

Players getting COVID was inevitable and if they simply planned on locking down any team that had a positive test, they shouldn't have bothered. And that goes for every single one of these major sports.

Accept occasional cases as an inevitability or don't bother. This is ridiculous.

I'm just curious how so many cases just pop up at once to shut a team down. What exactly are they doing together outside of the games? When Bundesliga came back they didnt even practice as a full team and I feel like if any sport can manage doing that it's baseball.

Mecca
07-31-2020, 08:29 AM
I'm just curious how so many cases just pop up at once to shut a team down. What exactly are they doing together outside of the games? When Bundesliga came back they didnt even practice as a full team and I feel like if any sport can manage doing that it's baseball.

Coke addled hooker filled orgies.

wazu
07-31-2020, 08:33 AM
Coke addled hooker filled orgies.

Teams need to carry a few “bubble” hookers.

OnTheWarpath15
07-31-2020, 08:34 AM
Rumor has it these idiots were at Whistling Straits yesterday on their off day instead of at the hotel...

Mecca
07-31-2020, 08:37 AM
Rumor has it these idiots were at Whistling Straits yesterday on their off day instead of at the hotel...

Considering how idiotic the vast majority of the population is about this entire thing, why would athletes be any different?

Mecca
07-31-2020, 08:40 AM
https://i.redd.it/hzmbnw7x67e51.jpg

C3HIEF3S
07-31-2020, 08:40 AM

It’s not a rumor. Dexter Fowler’s Instagram story was taken at Whistling Straits.

Marcellus
07-31-2020, 08:51 AM
Well the Cards bats apparently have AIDS so this isn't a surprise.

Marcellus
07-31-2020, 08:53 AM

Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a fucking golf course? :facepalm:

dj56dt58
07-31-2020, 08:57 AM
Interesting though it would have nothing to do with positive test results today.

You guys are seriously bitching about the players being outside on a ****ing golf course? :facepalm:

We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses

displacedinMN
07-31-2020, 08:59 AM
This makes football less likely?

Marcellus
07-31-2020, 09:01 AM
We're all supposed to stay home with our heads up our asses

Obviously, and for certain the main complainers arent staying in their own houses.

Mecca
07-31-2020, 09:01 AM

The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.

tk13
07-31-2020, 09:04 AM

I don't know about less likely but they certainly need to be thinking about their plans. Their advantage is it's only one game a week, but teams are going to be dragging twice as many guys around the country and like MLB there's no bubble.

wazu
07-31-2020, 09:04 AM
The more we see these team outbreaks the more likely it is baseball will give up and if that fails the odds of other sports happening becomes far less. Baseball being the key because they aren't doing the bubble, make all the jokes about face diapers and hoaxes, the more this happens the more likely we lose a year of Mahomes.

Stop being such a negative Nancy.

Mecca
07-31-2020, 09:06 AM
Stop being such a negative Nancy.

Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.

Hoover
07-31-2020, 09:15 AM
I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?

BossChief
07-31-2020, 09:20 AM
You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.

tk13
I really think the problem with baseball is all the travel.

Fights, buses, hotels...

Franky the golf course is the least of my concerns.

I thought I read that NFL teams were going to fly to and back from road games on the same day. Anyone know if that's true?

It's probably a good idea. The biggest issue is if a team on the east coast has to play in LA or Seattle, you're talking hours of flying then jumping off a plane and playing a game. Going to be tough. They might have to change the schedule around a bit to make that idea work.

Hoover
Reality of situations is hard I guess, the more the MLB fails at this the worse it is for the NFL trying to do it.

While, true, I also think it can help them.

Baseball teams can be in multiple cities every week. The Cubs and Reds sat around a club house for 8 hrs yesterday waiting out weather. Not smart.

I really think baseball needed to do regional bubbles or something. I know that's really difficult, but all this travel is going to undermine MLB.

Marcellus
07-31-2020, 09:21 AM
You know how to make players take it seriously?

Your team forfeits the game if your team has a positive test. In most cases, this is a responsibility to the team issue.

You know this based off of what?

BossChief
07-31-2020, 09:23 AM
You know this based off of what?

The players choices on teams with multiple covid positive tests.

O.city
07-31-2020, 09:37 AM
Football will only have to travel 8 times

It doesn’t compare to baseball

Mecca
07-31-2020, 09:37 AM
Football will only have to travel 8 times

It doesn’t compare to baseball

But there's more of them in closer contact.

Skyy God
07-31-2020, 09:44 AM

The sideline exposure can be mitigated somewhat.

The direct, lineman on lineman, WR on DB contact, no way.

Skyy God
07-31-2020, 09:45 AM
Over/under on whether Belicheck knowingly allows a defender/player to play with COVID to infect the other team??

staylor26
07-31-2020, 09:46 AM

There’s also more time in between games, but don’t let that get in the way of your agenda.

O.city
07-31-2020, 09:46 AM

And they’re outside in well ventilated areas.

tyecopeland
07-31-2020, 09:47 AM

Hes better than brady so hes going to play until hes 50 anyway. I think we'll be okay. And everyone would get a year of rest so I doubt it would cut a year off many players careers regardless. Maybe brady would have to actually retire though.

O.city
07-31-2020, 09:47 AM
Based on what I’ve seen there hasn’t been a case of spread happening outside in well ventilated areas

You know like a stadium ?

ChiliConCarnage
07-31-2020, 09:48 AM
No.

Clearly that wasn't their plan as the Marlins had positive tests and played another game. An 18th Marlin player tested positive today. The players are pushing herd immunity! Not sure about the coaches and others that travel with the team. 2 coaches had it that day of the initial shutdown

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 09:50 AM
We will soon see if the bubble approach will work better with the NBA and the NHL.

If it does, the NFL could go with that approach. The chance of having fans in the stands is looking less likely. Have the teams play in a couple of places. There are many places in the US that have multiple places for teams to trian and practice in the area around an NFL stadium.

jd1020
07-31-2020, 09:51 AM
We will soon see if the bubble approach will work better with the NBA and the NHL.

If it does, the NFL could go with that approach.

Didn't the NFL players already say no?

ptlyon
07-31-2020, 09:55 AM
Based on what I’ve seen there hasn’t been a case of spread happening outside in well ventilated areas

You know like a stadium ?

More likely cause is infected hotel rooms

BWillie
07-31-2020, 09:55 AM
Cmon NFL....institute a bubble. and do it now.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 09:56 AM
It’s not a rumor. Dexter Fowler’s Instagram story was taken at Whistling Straits.Yeah, I think he has deleted the post but once posted to the internet, it lives forever.

O.city
07-31-2020, 09:57 AM
The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving parts

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 09:58 AM
Didn't the NFL players already say no?If baseball fails with this approach and the NHL,NBA succeed. they will need to reevaluate that position if they want to have a season.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 10:00 AM
The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving partsCome on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2020, 10:15 AM
Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.

It would have to be a shortened season of some sort. Having a bubble for 4-5 months with a week between games is a lot to ask of these guys.

Mecca
07-31-2020, 10:17 AM
NBA and NHL can do it because it's just playoffs, for season play a lot of guys would opt out because being gone from family for 5-6 months isn't an option for them.

KC_Connection
07-31-2020, 10:24 AM
No.

I figured that's what they were going to do after playing the Nationals/Yankees game after Soto's positive test. It seems the Marlins situation scared them so much that any positive test is going to lead to at least a series worth of cancelled games. The Jays aren't playing the entire weekend now because one of the Phillies coaches has it. They've put themselves in a corner now and they'll never finish the season that way.

Mephistopheles Janx
07-31-2020, 10:27 AM
Grown ass men can't keep enough social distancing, wash hands, and whatever else to the point that the teams playing are suspended.

But school... school should open right up. :thumb:

O.city
07-31-2020, 10:33 AM
Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.

Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex

BWillie
07-31-2020, 10:54 AM
The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving parts

The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.

O.city
07-31-2020, 10:55 AM
The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.

Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible

BWillie
07-31-2020, 10:56 AM
As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.

BWillie
07-31-2020, 10:57 AM
Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible

You pay me 500K+ a year, I'd do just about anything. It'd be a plus for me if I didn't have to see my family for 5 months and they COULD still see their family if implemented correctly. They could come in for visits as long as they quarantine correctly.

Eleazar
07-31-2020, 11:03 AM
As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.

So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?

ChiefsCountry
07-31-2020, 11:11 AM

I have on good authority no football will be played in St. Louis this year.

DaFace
07-31-2020, 11:12 AM

They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lqQfVR-qKAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Chief Roundup
07-31-2020, 11:25 AM
And they’re outside in well ventilated areas.

Both sports have domes and outdoor stadiums.

Chief Roundup
07-31-2020, 11:29 AM
There’s also more time in between games, but don’t let that get in the way of your agenda.

A belief/feeling is an agenda?

Chief Roundup
07-31-2020, 11:33 AM
Come on guys
There are differences between MLB and the NFL. Some of those differences are advantageous and others are disadvantageous.
There are reasons to believe that there will be some sort of an NFL season.
There are reasons to believe that there will not be any sort of an NFL season.
There is one thing that we all hope though. That hope is that there will be an NFL season.

staylor26
07-31-2020, 11:33 AM
A belief/feeling is an agenda?

No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.

Pasta Little Brioni
07-31-2020, 11:36 AM
Pablo just sent a load to the moon

luv
07-31-2020, 12:04 PM
They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lqQfVR-qKAQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If every NFL teams prepares like we do, then I have a little more hope for the season.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 01:13 PM
Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex

My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.

Chief Roundup
07-31-2020, 01:15 PM
No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.

What agenda would that be?
It seems to me that he just thinks there will not be an NFL season. :shrug:

O.city
07-31-2020, 01:29 PM
My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.

They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out

Coach
07-31-2020, 01:46 PM
And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 01:47 PM
They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out
I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 01:50 PM
And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.
Man this shit is spreading fast.

Marcellus
07-31-2020, 02:01 PM
I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.

We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.

BWillie
07-31-2020, 02:05 PM
So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?

Precisely. Repeated elongated exposure from close proximity is worse than quick exposure. I would imagine OL would be most at risk at contracting it from others during the game, but the most common way it will be transmitted is between teammates not vs the other team.

Either way, if they don't do it in a bubble it won't work.

They don't even need to wear masks in the NBA bubble, even though many do.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 02:13 PM
We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.

dirk digler
07-31-2020, 03:26 PM
Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29572885/sources-mlb-commissioner-warns-shutdown-players-do-better-job-managing-coronavirus?cid=social_twitter_abcn

Chiefspants
07-31-2020, 03:28 PM
Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29572885/sources-mlb-commissioner-warns-shutdown-players-do-better-job-managing-coronavirus?cid=social_twitter_abcn

If that happens, there is no reasonable excuse for Manfred to keep his job after this.

Bearcat
07-31-2020, 03:57 PM
There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.

I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :shrug:

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 04:08 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So, per source, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cardinals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Cardinals</a> for now have been told that, if the rest of the team tests negative (and I haven’t yet been told how many positives they had), the series with the Brewers will start on Saturday.</p>&mdash; Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1289203974336200706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 04:18 PM
I can agree with that in some ways, but in this situation? Every sports league has been working on their 'new normal' for months and they're all giving it a go. :shrug:

The NFL have spent their time and effort trying to play a season the standard way. That's the flaw.

Moving training camp to the teams practice fields. Canceling meaningless pre-season games are not sacrifices that are going to result in playing a whole season.

They could go play 4 games in a bubble. Give the team 2 weeks off. Go play another 4 games, two weeks off etc. extend the season. That’s just off the top of my head.

KC_Connection
07-31-2020, 04:20 PM
Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?

staylor26
07-31-2020, 04:21 PM
What agenda would that be?
It seems to me that he just thinks there will not be an NFL season. :shrug:

His agenda is spinning everything as proof that it’s going to happen. He wants to be right, more than he wants there to be a football season (which most of us obviously want).

Therefor he’s a pillowbitergot with an agenda.

Just like Clay, who insists Fisher or Schwartz might opt out despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Chief Pagan
07-31-2020, 04:36 PM
Instead of thinking you can keep an entire NFL team and staff in a bubble, it still seems to me that a 15 minute test that could be given to every person before they enter the facility would be the best bet.

And I'm still puzzled this doesn't get talked about much.

Miles
07-31-2020, 04:39 PM
Why do the Cardinals get to play on Saturday but the Jays/Phillies can't play for the entire weekend because a Phillies coach got it two days ago?

Who is making these decisions?

There isn’t much to suggest there is any sort of plan.

notorious
07-31-2020, 04:43 PM
There are a lot of gutless pussies in this country that are very quick to quit at even the slightest sign of adversity.

I judge people by how the react during tough times.

Thank goodness their are still people involved that have a backbone.

Deberg_1990
07-31-2020, 04:48 PM
So there will be a 7 inning doubleheader in the cardinals future?

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 06:27 PM
Instead of thinking you can keep an entire NFL team and staff in a bubble, it still seems to me that a 15 minute test that could be given to every person before they enter the facility would be the best bet.

And I'm still puzzled this doesn't get talked about much.The answer you seek is political.

BigRedChief
07-31-2020, 07:38 PM

Who is making these decisions?the players and MLB decided how to come back. But, The commissioner has total power to stop the season. It’s his decision alone.

Why doesn't baseball mandate masks in the locker room? At batting practice? Both those times are traditionally times players mingle and talk to each other.

BWillie
07-31-2020, 08:02 PM
the players and MLB decided how to come back. But, The commissioner has total power to stop the season. It’s his decision alone.

Why doesn't baseball mandate masks in the locker room? At batting practice? Both those times are traditionally times players mingle and talk to each other.

Because theyll just get drunk and tag team hookers at the hotel anyway.

tk13
08-01-2020, 08:54 AM
Sounds like another player and a few staff members tested positive today. Tonight's game is off and the whole series with the Brewers is probably in doubt at this point.

Sassy Squatch
08-01-2020, 08:57 AM
Sounds like another player and a few staff members tested positive today. Tonight's game is off and the whole series with the Brewers is probably in doubt at this point.
More like the whole season if St Louis ends up looking like Miami.

tk13
08-01-2020, 09:01 AM
More like the whole season if St Louis ends up looking like Miami.

There is a report this morning that MLB has told the cable networks to prepare for alternative programming starting Monday in case they decide to stop the season.

chiefqueen
08-01-2020, 09:15 AM
At least 4 (some reports say 5) more Cards have tested positive. Today's game is postponed. I looked for Manfried to cancel the season on Monday. Hopefully the Royals will win one of the last 2 games so they will win a home game this year.

Could be the last of MLB until 2023 - Next year -- waiting for everyone to be vaccinated. 2022 - expected labor stoppage while new CBA gets hammered out.

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 09:29 AM
At least 4 (some reports say 5) more Cards have tested positive. Today's game is postponed. I looked for Manfried to cancel the season on Monday. Hopefully the Royals will win one of the last 2 games so they will win a home game this year.

Could be the last of MLB until 2023 - Next year -- waiting for everyone to be vaccinated. 2022 - expected labor stoppage while new CBA gets hammered out.They need to remind the players and the new owners of the fans opinion of baseball post 90's strike. It took the MacGuire/Sosa home run race to save baseball from irrelevance. That was a once in a lifetime thing where it crossed over into non-baseball fans. I wouldn't count on something like that to save baseball this time.

Titty Meat
08-01-2020, 09:55 AM
I have on good authority no football will be played in St. Louis this year.

Source?

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 10:07 AM
From STL today:

Here is the breakdown of what is confirmed by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and and from officials with the team:

• Six members of the traveling party have been isolated from the team. They will undergo additional testing Saturday as a result of their positive tests. Four were new as of late Friday night or early Saturday.

• The entire traveling party is undergoing more tests Saturday morning.

• Not all of the results from Friday's exams have been reported or reviewed by the team. Once those are available to the team they'll have a better understanding of the reach of the outbreak, the condition of their roster, and whether they can advance on the next few days of the season.

Simply Red
08-01-2020, 10:14 AM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YmNiIgy" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/YmNiIgy"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Imon Yourside
08-01-2020, 10:19 AM
Nunya Covidness!

O.city
08-01-2020, 10:34 AM
Apparently some of the players went to a casino

Lord

Sassy Squatch
08-01-2020, 10:37 AM

Lord
LMAO

Deberg_1990
08-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Not a good look for MLB.

I guess they should have done something similar to MLS and NBA.

Mephistopheles Janx
08-01-2020, 11:25 AM

Lord

I wonder if MLB has the power to discipline (suspend for X games) someone who goes to a fucking casino while we are trying to get some baseball played.

jd1020
08-01-2020, 11:30 AM

Lord

Sounds like a Bader move.

lewdog
08-01-2020, 11:30 AM
Clay is going to be right about this season not happening.

I will have to apologize to him.

I really liked having baseball back. :(

wazu
08-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Leave it to the Cardinals to fuck things up for everybody.

DaFace
08-01-2020, 11:37 AM

I really liked having baseball back. :(

No better time to get into hockey. :)

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 11:39 AM

I really liked having baseball back. :(Its a microcosm of whats going on in the country. You cant get people to follow basic rules that everyone knows slows or stops the virus spread.

Going into a casino and bars unmasked and surrounded by other unmasked people that are partying is not going to turn out well. You know the Cardinals and Marlins are not the only teams with players doing the same exact thing. I hope those dumb asses had a good time because its going to cost us a baseball season.

BWillie
08-01-2020, 11:42 AM

Lord

I went to Vegas for 1 week in June. N95 masked it. No problems.

BWillie
08-01-2020, 11:44 AM
Its a microcosm of whats going on in the country. You cant get people to follow basic rules that everyone knows slows or stops the virus spread.

Going into a casino and bars unmasked and surrounded by other unmasked people that are partying is not going to turn out well. You know the Cardinals and Marlins are not the only teams with players doing the same exact thing. I hope those dumb asses had a good time because its going to cost us a baseball season.

You can't count on other people to do as they say. Bottom line is other humans really only care about themselves, despite what they will try to tell you.

That is why the bubble is effective. You have no choice but to follow the rules.

lewdog
08-01-2020, 11:56 AM
You can't count on other people to do as they say. Bottom line is other humans really only care about themselves, despite what they will try to tell you.

That is why the bubble is effective. You have no choice but to follow the rules.

Yup. MLB has had a shitty protocol from the start.

Only concern with the NBA bubble is that the workers for this are going home and such. As long as they limit their contact with the players, their scenario is about as safe as it gets.

Today's news has me very worried about the NFL now. They don't have much of a plan in place.

Deberg_1990
08-01-2020, 12:03 PM
whats the NHL doing? a bubble or no?

DaFace
08-01-2020, 12:05 PM
whats the NHL doing? a bubble or no?Full bubble. My understanding is that even the workers at the hotels and restaurants are inside it.

jd1020
08-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Full bubble. My understanding is that even the workers at the hotels and restaurants are inside it.

Canadian things.

DaFace
08-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Canadian things.That certainly can't hurt.

Titty Meat
08-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Lo Cain just opted out of the season....

MMXcalibur
08-01-2020, 12:33 PM
The more MLB players that pop up with COVID, the more I think the NFL should be thinking about a bubble-type approach like the NHL and NBA have.

The logistics are probably not there for an NFL-bubble, but the success of the NHL/NBA's approach coupled with MLB's struggles have given the NFL an obvious course of action if they want a 2020 season.

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 12:37 PM
Anyone who wants to enter the NBA bubble has to quarantined for 7 days. Pass a covid test every day. Then take a covid test every two days as long as your in the bubble.

If you test positive, you have to provide all the names and contact information of anyone you had contact with in the last 10 days.

Way different than MLB.

BWillie
08-01-2020, 12:37 PM
The more MLB players that pop up with COVID, the more I think the NFL should be thinking about a bubble-type approach like the NHL and NBA have.

The logistics are probably not there for an NFL-bubble, but the success of the NHL/NBA's approach coupled with MLB's struggles have given the NFL an obvious course of action if they want a 2020 season.

You could have a bubble with a 50,000 person city if you did it right and had effective security. It all comes down to the players willingness to be present in the bubble and give up certain amenities and constant time with loved ones.

Loved ones could still be present for the entire duration if they wanted to - or come and visit once they follow the protocols for entering the facility. Then could leave voluntarily when they wanted.

chiefqueen
08-01-2020, 12:48 PM
After watching the 1st game I'm wondering how long before Dr. Birx or Dr. Fauci asks if they can play hockey without fighting and then spend the next 10 minutes explaining how hockey fights can spread COVID-19.

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 12:48 PM
You could have a bubble with a 50,000 person city if you did it right and had effective security. It all comes down to the players willingness to be present in the bubble and give up certain amenities and constant time with loved ones.

Loved ones could still be present for the entire duration if they wanted to - or come and visit once they follow the protocols for entering the facility. Then could leave voluntarily when they wanted.
You could have a family/visitor bubble that they have to be in to prove they don’t have covid until your allowed into the players/coaches bubble.

Go and come as you please but every time you leave the players bubble and come back later you have to go through the family bubble first.

O.city
08-01-2020, 01:06 PM
Or you know, players and their families can do that themselves at their own homes?

I mean is it that hard to have some discipline? Yeah it sucks, But don’t go to casinos or bars.

This is where some leadership would help?

The Franchise
08-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Or you know, players and their families can do that themselves at their own homes?

I mean is it that hard to have some discipline? Yeah it sucks, But don’t go to casinos or bars.

First time in America?

O.city
08-01-2020, 01:27 PM
First time in America?

I don’t mean every day people

I mean these athletes. Fuck is it that hard to just not do that shit for a bit?

DaFace
08-01-2020, 01:27 PM
I don’t mean every day people

I mean these athletes. Fuck is it that hard to just not do that shit for a bit?He says as if players haven't risked their entire careers when they couldn't stay away from weed.

BWillie
08-01-2020, 01:28 PM

You are asking thousands of people to do act in a completely selfless manner.

It WONT happen. Thinking it CAN happen is naive.

O.city
08-01-2020, 01:29 PM
You are asking thousands of people to do act in a completely selfless manner.

It WONT happen. Thinking it CAN happen is naive.

Wanna have a season? That’s what you’ll have to do

BWillie
08-01-2020, 01:36 PM
Wanna have a season? That’s what you’ll have to do

It is. But people still won't do it. If you could guarantee players would act appropriately you wouldn't have much to worry about. But that WONT happen. Even then you rely on the family members of the players to act appropriately. Once again, even if 98% of them act appropriately, 2% WONT.

The only way to have a successful NFL season is in a bubble.

I'm willing to bet on it and place odds that the NFL season will not conclude in a full 16 games and full playoffs at the current conditions & without a bubble. Or we will see so many players opt out that it isn't even feasible to crown a champion.

Sassy Squatch
08-01-2020, 01:39 PM
Just glad handing the owners the reason to cancel the season like they wanted to all along while finally getting a little bad PR on the players and potentially turning them against each other. Good job, dumbfucks.

O.city
08-01-2020, 01:44 PM
It is. But people still won't do it. If you could guarantee players would act appropriately you wouldn't have much to worry about. But that WONT happen. Even then you rely on the family members of the players to act appropriately. Once again, even if 98% of them act appropriately, 2% WONT.

The only way to have a successful NFL season is in a bubble.

I'm willing to bet on it and place odds that the NFL season will not conclude in a full 16 games and full playoffs at the current conditions & without a bubble. Or we will see so many players opt out that it isn't even feasible to crown a champion.

They aren’t or can’t do a bubble. You’d have a third of the league opt out.

You have officials who have other jobs. You think they can come be in a bubble full time? Tv crews?

Plus you’re playing a full season uNlike the nba who doesn’t even have all the teams there.

Everyone says you could bubble for this kind of money. Well why couldn’t you tell your family they’re basically bubbled at home or if they go away they quarantine before you’re around them?

The chiefs for instance could rent out an apartment complex for guys or for families upon quarantine.

It’s just not gonna happen to be like the nba so there’s not much reason to go on about it thay way

BWillie
08-01-2020, 01:45 PM
They aren’t or can’t do a bubble. You’d have a third of the league opt out.

You have officials who have other jobs. You think they can come be in a bubble full time? Tv crews?

Plus you’re playing a full season uNlike the nba who doesn’t even have all the teams there.

Everyone says you could bubble for this kind of money. Well why couldn’t you tell your family they’re basically bubbled at home or if they go away they quarantine before you’re around them?

The chiefs for instance could rent out an apartment complex for guys or for families upon quarantine.

It’s just not gonna happen to be like the nba so there’s not much reason to go on about it thay way

Then we will not have a successful NFL season.

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Just glad handing the owners the reason to cancel the season like they wanted to all along while finally getting a little bad PR on the players and potentially turning them against each other. Good job, dumb****s.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">From the outset of the March shutdown, the best possible context for an attempt to play baseball in 2020 was a strong collaborative, cooperative relationship between MLB and the players. This is simply not the reality; rather, that relationship is just one more hurdle to overcome</p>&mdash; Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1289639128615854080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jewish Rabbi
08-01-2020, 02:15 PM

Lord

Source? I’ve seen these comments on Twitter as well but can’t find any sort of source for them.

Shiver Me Timbers
08-01-2020, 04:13 PM
Olbermann tweeted "MLB told TV carriers to have alternate programing ready as early as Monday"

https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/status/1289564262650859520

I think the season is toast

tk13
08-01-2020, 04:34 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No surprise, but both ends of the scheduled Cardinals-Brewers doubleheader Sunday have officially been postponed, sources tell ESPN.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1289690317491503105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

suzzer99
08-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Well that was a fun regular season. Time to start the playoff bubble.

jd1020
08-01-2020, 05:04 PM
Well that was a fun regular season. Time to start the playoff bubble.

Remember when Manfred thought he could double the size of the playoffs?

:LOL:

Deberg_1990
08-02-2020, 09:29 AM
Manfred isn’t a quitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Comissioner Rob Manfred tells me “We are playing. The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable.”</p>&mdash; Karl Ravech (@karlravechespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/karlravechespn/status/1289628827157581830?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie
08-02-2020, 12:16 PM
Manfred isn’t a quitter

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Comissioner Rob Manfred tells me “We are playing. The players need to be better, but I am not a quitter in general and there is no reason to quit now. We have had to be fluid, but it is manageable.”</p>&mdash; Karl Ravech (@karlravechespn) <a href="https://twitter.com/karlravechespn/status/1289628827157581830?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 1, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol Manfred. I'm not a quitter is such Boomer lingo.

tk13
08-02-2020, 01:44 PM
More positives. Cardinals might be done for a week.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The St. Louis Cardinals have multiple new positive tests, according to sources with direct knowledge.</p>&mdash; Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1290007284286775296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection
08-02-2020, 01:49 PM
Sounds like a second Marlins situation in the making.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 02:01 PM
Sounds like a second Marlins situation in the making.

As of Sunday morning they didn’t even have 64 of tests back they took of players or who interacted with the players on Thursday evening/Friday morning.

There’s more cases coming without a doubt.

RealSNR
08-02-2020, 04:11 PM
This is a question nobody wants to ask, but I’ll go ahead and say it:

Do we even need the Cardinals in baseball? Can’t we just contract them?

KChiefs1
08-02-2020, 04:24 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The St. Louis Cardinals have multiple new positive tests, according to sources with direct knowledge.</p>— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1290007284286775296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damn. What were these guys doing?

suzzer99
08-02-2020, 04:26 PM
This is a question nobody wants to ask, but I’ll go ahead and say it:

Do we even need the Cardinals in baseball? Can’t we just contract them?

https://uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/screen-shot-2016-06-15-at-12-34-19-pm.jpg?w=650

https://i.imgur.com/eaNuegb.png

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/458/767/629.png

Best fans in baseball though.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 06:37 PM
You guys realize no Cardinal fan on here ever takes the bait on these trolling posts, right?

suzzer99
08-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Still fun to post. The guy who lost his nachos cracks me up every time.

Jewish Rabbi
08-02-2020, 07:50 PM
I’d be pissed if I lost my nachos. Nachos are delicious and like $20 at the ballpark.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 08:32 PM
Kris Bryant with the Cubs too?

The Cincinnati Enquirer reported that Votto self-reported coronavirus symptoms Sunday morning but has not tested positive for COVID-19.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 08:35 PM
They just going to keep retesting until they get the results they want?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The latest round of coronavirus tests from the St. Louis Cardinals are, in the words of someone with the team, &quot;not good.&quot; There are expected to be multiple new positives, sources tell ESPN. Cardinals took more tests this morning, and results of those should arrive by tonight.</p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1290011283387895809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
08-02-2020, 08:41 PM
Kris Bryant with the Cubs too?

He's had 2 tests I believe and both were negative. He just has an upset tummy.

Probably best for the Cubs right now anyway because hes swinging through the most garbage pitches right down the middle anyway.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 08:52 PM
He's had 2 tests I believe and both were negative. He just has an upset tummy.

Probably best for the Cubs right now anyway because hes swinging through the most garbage pitches right down the middle anyway.

Anyone know which tests that the MLB are using? Seems like a lot of false positives or retesting to be sure it’s positive or was inconclusive.

BigRedChief
08-02-2020, 10:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The St. Louis Cardinals have multiple new positive results for the coronavirus within the organization.<a href="https://t.co/wpugK34UMG">https://t.co/wpugK34UMG</a></p>&mdash; One Sports (@OneSportsPHL) <a href="https://twitter.com/OneSportsPHL/status/1290090004895604738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RINGLEADER
08-02-2020, 10:20 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The St. Louis Cardinals have multiple new positive results for the coronavirus within the organization.<a href="https://t.co/wpugK34UMG">https://t.co/wpugK34UMG</a></p>&mdash; One Sports (@OneSportsPHL) <a href="https://twitter.com/OneSportsPHL/status/1290090004895604738?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Looking at the dugout it doesn’t surprise me...

Marcellus
08-03-2020, 08:56 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The St. Louis Cardinals have multiple new positive tests, according to sources with direct knowledge.</p>&mdash; Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) <a href="https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/status/1290007284286775296?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turns out most of these were false positives form the rapid test. What a shit show.

The club announced Saturday night that four more members of its traveling party now have tests that were previously positive but are now viewed as inconclusive.

dj56dt58
08-03-2020, 09:06 AM
replace them with the double A team until they all test negative. Wouldn't know the difference. Might even be an improvement

BigRedChief
08-03-2020, 09:29 AM
Turns out most of these were false positives form the rapid test. What a shit show.WTF? They are using that rapid test for MLB? I thought that machine gives out 50% false positives? Am I not remembering that correctly?

BWillie
08-03-2020, 10:11 AM
WTF? They are using that rapid test for MLB? I thought that machine gives out 50% false positives? Am I not remembering that correctly?

If True, MLB is just being cheap.

VAChief
08-03-2020, 10:22 AM
WTF? They are using that rapid test for MLB? I thought that machine gives out 50% false positives? Am I not remembering that correctly?

If 50% is true, why would you bother, that isn't even a test, might as well flip a coin.

BigRedChief
08-03-2020, 02:18 PM
crawl on ESPN says 13 positive cases on the Cardinals team. 7 players and 6 coaches/support staff.

Mephistopheles Janx
08-03-2020, 02:21 PM
I can't wait for school to start back up. Let the mutations begin!

https://i.imgur.com/NuxLk7T.png

dls6501
08-03-2020, 02:24 PM
If we find out for certain that our team went to the casino and that is what sparked this, I am on board with MLB cancelling our games for the rest of the season.

Cant believe how selfish these idiots are to potentially ruin the season for every player, coach, worker and fan of baseball.

Fuck this team

Chief Roundup
08-03-2020, 02:45 PM
If we find out for certain that our team went to the casino and that is what sparked this, I am on board with MLB cancelling our games for the rest of the season.

Cant believe how selfish these idiots are to potentially ruin the season for every player, coach, worker and fan of baseball.

Fuck this teamWhat you talking about with this casino comment?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Marco Polo
08-03-2020, 02:45 PM
Baseball is completely idiotic for not requiring the bubble like other sports. I realize the players union said the bubble was a non-starter but this is a great example of why baseball is fading in popularity and not adapting to the times.

Mephistopheles Janx
08-03-2020, 02:46 PM
What you talking about with this casino comment?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/report-st-louis-cardinals-went-casino-covid-19-outbreak

Mephistopheles Janx
08-03-2020, 02:47 PM
Baseball is completely idiotic for not requiring the bubble like other sports. I realize the players union said the bubble was a non-starter but this is a great example of why baseball is fading in popularity and not adapting to the times.

Baseball is fading in popularity because of no bubble?

tk13
08-03-2020, 03:37 PM
It is up to 13 positives. Cardinals won't play again until Friday at the earliest.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">7 Cardinals players have tested positive for Covid and 6 staff members. So 13 total personnel. Tigers series postponed as <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@markasaxon</a> reported 1st</p>&mdash; Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1290373739641806849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 3, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Deberg_1990
08-03-2020, 03:44 PM
It is up to 13 positives. Cardinals won't play again until Friday at the earliest.

Wow, how do they have time to make up all the games?

OnTheWarpath15
08-03-2020, 04:39 PM

Lord

Source? I’ve seen these comments on Twitter as well but can’t find any sort of source for them.

Fuck this team

I have a friend who travels with the team. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the rumors are true. The Whistling Straits guys outed themselves on IG, I won't disclose the names of the guys that went out gambling.

It's a shitshow, and apparently happening all over the league. It's just a matter of time before it's all shut down.

BigRedChief
08-03-2020, 07:34 PM
I have a friend who travels with the team. I can tell you with 100% certainty that the rumors are true. The Whistling Straits guys outed themselves on IG, I won't disclose the names of the guys that went out gambling.

It's a shitshow, and apparently happening all over the league. It's just a matter of time before it's all shut down.These players go out in the home city. They dont think lots of people know who they are and recognizer them. Lots of social media posts saying I saw them at Whistling straights and Molina at a strip club BEFORE it became public or covid related. Hey, I saw some Cardinals players out where I was, it was cool etc. But, thats just anecdotal and could be just someone spouting off or making shit up. Now, people believe them.

Heard a discussion on MLB that this is common for players to do these things on their off days during the season. This is not a regular season you idiots. Former players were saying they know of players on other teams that did the same thing last week.

Players need to take this shit seriously. Is this why you were against a bubble? So you could go party?

ChiefsCountry
08-04-2020, 10:02 AM
Yadi trying to be like Salvy and got the Rona.

Marcellus
08-04-2020, 10:11 AM
These players go out in the home city. They dont think lots of people know who they are and recognizer them. Lots of social media posts saying I saw them at Whistling straights and Molina at a strip club BEFORE it became public or covid related. Hey, I saw some Cardinals players out where I was, it was cool etc. But, thats just anecdotal and could be just someone spouting off or making shit up. Now, people believe them.

Heard a discussion on MLB that this is common for players to do these things on their off days during the season. This is not a regular season you idiots. Former players were saying they know of players on other teams that did the same thing last week.

Players need to take this shit seriously. Is this why you were against a bubble? So you could go party?

Kind of flies in the face of the idea that how serious people take Corona falls on some type of political or ideological line which is patently false.

Age and culture are the main factors in how serious this is taken when you look at it from a large scale standpoint and not a small sample size.

BigRedChief
08-04-2020, 11:29 AM
Hey Yadi, how about staying the fuck out of the strip clubs this season for crissakes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">That group represents six of the seven players who have been confirmed to have tested positive. One of the six staff members, PR director Brian Bartow, sent a mass text to the media last night confirming his diagnosis. That text was later reported publicly.</p>&mdash; Jeff Jones (@jmjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/jmjones/status/1290682574998831105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 4, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Pagan
08-04-2020, 11:39 AM

The optics would be bad, but they really do need to go to a bubble and put a bar and strip joint inside.

BigRedChief
08-04-2020, 12:53 PM
The optics would be bad, but they really do need to go to a bubble and put a bar and strip joint inside.

Sure why not, Model it after the NBA bubble. You have to wait 7 days, pass 7 covid tests, then you get into the players bubble. I’m sure you get some strippers and bar keeps that wouldn’t mind waiting 7 days. They’d have a captive audience with a lot of disposable cash.

Marcellus
08-04-2020, 12:57 PM
Sure why not, Model it after the NBA bubble. You have to wait 7 days, pass 7 covid tests, then you get into the players bubble. I’m sure you get some strippers and bar keeps that wouldn’t mind waiting 7 days. They’d have a captive audience with a lot of disposable cash.

The same pattern as I have noted before is very evident in these positive tests.

Cards have 6 hispanic players on the active roster and at least 4 of them tested positive in this round maybe 5 since we don't know who #7 is yet.

:shrug: Its bizarre but the numbers cant be coincidence.

Marcellus
08-04-2020, 03:44 PM
Ok then #7 was Carlos Martinez.

Also if Carlson doesn't get called up do we hunt down Mo and beat him with a baseball bat?

Miles
08-04-2020, 05:07 PM
Ok then #7 was Carlos Martinez.

Also if Carlson doesn't get called up do we hunt down Mo and beat him with a baseball bat?

It might not be the worst thing to avoid burning a year of service if this season turns into a washout.

BigRedChief
08-04-2020, 08:11 PM
It might not be the worst thing to avoid burning a year of service if this season turns into a washout.no matter how much or when Carlson plays this year, we will still have 6 years of control left after this year.

Marcellus
08-06-2020, 08:05 AM
“No, I think Dylan’s proven and shown what he can do,” Shildt said. “And we’re comfortable and confident what Dylan can do. You know, the fact of the matter is, there’s not a need for Dylan at the moment. But there’s nothing Dylan needs to do except go play (in Springfield) and stay sharp.”

LMAO this organization is a bunch of clowns. Worst offensive OF in baseball and we dont need out best prospect.

jd1020
08-07-2020, 11:10 AM
More positive tests from the Cardinals postponing the Cubs vs Cardinals series.

Can you guys get your shit together?

DJ's left nut
08-07-2020, 11:16 AM

At least I stopped giving a shit if MLB came back 2 months ago when they decided that they'd go to war over labor horseshit when they had the stage to themselves.

Good thing they put the season on pause for 4 months to accomplish...nothing.

jd1020
08-07-2020, 11:24 AM
At least I stopped giving a shit if MLB came back 2 months ago when they decided that they'd go to war over labor horseshit when they had the stage to themselves.

Good thing they put the season on pause for 4 months to accomplish...nothing.

Only thing that would put a cap on this shitshow of a season would be the not banned Astros winning it.

DJ's left nut
08-07-2020, 11:27 AM
Only thing that would put a cap on this shitshow of a season would be the not banned Astros winning it.

Can you imagine how awful this would be if you were actually EXCITED for your squad?

Like, Reds fans really thought they were building something. And maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but ya ain't learning shit this year. Or the Yankees who are finally churning out some homegrown talent again w/ Torres and Judge and Sanchez and aggressively grabbed the guy who should've won the CY last year and seemed poised break their drought. Even if they do now, it'll have an asterisk. Rebuilding teams could have seen young players develop and ponder on the future. There are a lot of teams that had fun stuff to look forward to and now none of it means dick.

Fortunately, as a Cardinals fan I'm just marking time for 6 years in the hopes that someday we won't have Goldschmidt, Carpenter, Fowler and Molina on this squad anymore. Sadly, we almost certainly will. Or they'll be replaced with other aging and unproductive roster fodder that our front office will refuse to get rid of.

I had very little excitement for this season BEFORE it went off the rails. Especially coming off a SB run in football and SC in hockey. I had teams that had plans and built things and won around talented young players and big-time energy.

Then...I had the Cardinals. And their old balls. And bitchy attitudes.

Hurray....baseball is back. And it sucks. And I don't really care because it was going to suck anyway.

ChiefsCountry
08-07-2020, 11:38 AM
Can you imagine how awful this would be if you were actually EXCITED for your squad?

Like, Reds fans really thought they were building something. And maybe they are, maybe they aren't - but ya ain't learning shit this year. Or the Yankees who are finally churning out some homegrown talent again w/ Torres and Judge and Sanchez and aggressively grabbed the guy who should've won the CY last year and seemed poised break their drought. Even if they do now, it'll have an asterisk. Rebuilding teams could have seen young players develop and ponder on the future. There are a lot of teams that had fun stuff to look forward to and now none of it means dick.

Fortunately, as a Cardinals fan I'm just marking time for 6 years in the hopes that someday we won't have Goldschmidt, Carpenter, Fowler and Molina on this squad anymore. Sadly, we almost certainly will. Or they'll be replaced with other aging and unproductive roster fodder that our front office will refuse to get rid of.

I had very little excitement for this season BEFORE it went off the rails. Especially coming off a SB run in football and SC in hockey. I had teams that had plans and built things and won around talented young players and big-time energy.

Hurray....baseball is back. And it sucks. And I don't really care because it was going to suck anyway.

I'm actually enjoying the hell out of the Royals season. When you have zero expecations going into a season its nice. We are actually seeing our young gun pitching prospects. If this was a normal 162 season they would have signed some broke dick veterans who we all would have been pissed about.

tk13
08-07-2020, 12:16 PM

This is why I'm worried about football. We're literally going into the greatest time ever to be a Chiefs fan and we have to hope NFL players make smart decisions and don't turn the whole season into a farce.

KChiefs1
08-07-2020, 12:34 PM

Holy shit.

When is the last game they played?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Either play though it or just put this shit show out of it's misery. The actual chance this had to be a short legit season is long gone now.

Marcellus
08-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Holy shit.

When is the last game they played?

2 weeks ago yet somehow.......

Marcellus
08-07-2020, 01:53 PM
Either play though it or just put this shit show out of it's misery. The actual chance this had to be a short legit season is long gone now.

How they are handling this is beyond fucking stupid. Just call it done if you are going to flip your shit every time a positive test shows up.

Also it makes NO SENSE how they are handling this shit unless they are random testing players instead of testing them all at once.

Today's positive response was to do more testing to see if its wide spread. Didn't they all get fucking tested at the same time to begin with FFS?

Our freaking production facility in BFE Missouri apparently knows how to deal with and handle this shit better than MLB.

KChiefs1
08-07-2020, 02:41 PM
2 weeks ago yet somehow.......

That’s going to be a lot of doubleheader’s.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-07-2020, 05:02 PM
How they are handling this is beyond fucking stupid. Just call it done if you are going to flip your shit every time a positive test shows up.

Also it makes NO SENSE how they are handling this shit unless they are random testing players instead of testing them all at once.

Today's positive response was to do more testing to see if its wide spread. Didn't they all get fucking tested at the same time to begin with FFS?

Our freaking production facility in BFE Missouri apparently knows how to deal with and handle this shit better than MLB.

I agree. They KNEW when they started the season outbreaks would happen. It's a fucking joke.

BigRedChief
08-07-2020, 05:46 PM
That’s going to be a lot of doubleheader’s.55 games in 49 days.

BigRedChief
08-07-2020, 05:52 PM
I agree. They KNEW when they started the season outbreaks would happen. It's a ****ing joke.why start without a plan when covid hits a team? Did you think it would be isolated? We will just play a double header and make it up? No plan to enforce players following the damn rules? This is just a total shit show. Well done baseball. :banghead:

Jerok
08-07-2020, 05:54 PM
What happens in the NFL when the Jets are 0-10, the Giants are 2-8, the Raiders are 3-7, the Bengals are 2-8, etc etc etc. All those players are going to stop giving a crap about the season and are going to go out and visit strip clubs and go to parties. Why would they care?

Then some 8-2 Superbowl contendor will be forced to not play a game because Sam Darnold has Covid-19 and the kissing disease. And the bad players will all start opting out, Covid-19 will skyrocket in the NFL, and the Chiefs season might end because other moron teams, even if KC does everything 100% right.

Pisses me off thinking about it.

tk13
08-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Not good. Now they're going to have to watch to see if these cases spread at all.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">MLB officially announces postponement of Cubs-Cardinals series and says two additional STL players and a staff member have tested positive in samples collected the past two days. Brings total of positive tests with club to 16 - nine players, seven staffers.</p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1291894445416357889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Roundup
08-07-2020, 06:38 PM
What happens in the NFL when the Jets are 0-10, the Giants are 2-8, the Raiders are 3-7, the Bengals are 2-8, etc etc etc. All those players are going to stop giving a crap about the season and are going to go out and visit strip clubs and go to parties. Why would they care?

Then some 8-2 Superbowl contendor will be forced to not play a game because Sam Darnold has Covid-19 and the kissing disease. And the bad players will all start opting out, Covid-19 will skyrocket in the NFL, and the Chiefs season might end because other moron teams, even if KC does everything 100% right.

Pisses me off thinking about it.

Uh the last day that a player can opt-out has came and went.

tk13
08-07-2020, 06:45 PM
Cards GM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Mozeliak: &quot;I don&#39;t know what our future looks like at this point. For all the optimism we had a couple days ago, its frustrating for everyone involved.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jesse Rogers (@JesseRogersESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/status/1291892980379521025?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

bdj23
08-07-2020, 07:25 PM
Im running so bad in 2020 I lost money on mlb.tv

BigRedChief
08-07-2020, 07:39 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One key aspect to this is that the player who tested positive, I am told, and I am reiterating here, was with the team in Milwaukee. That means he flew with teammates and worked out with them Wednesday and Thursday. This is not trending well for the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/STLCards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#STLCards</a></p>&mdash; Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) <a href="https://twitter.com/markasaxon/status/1291856313765568512?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020
08-08-2020, 02:21 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stlcards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stlcards</a> have two more players test positive -- Ryan Helsley and Austin Dean. More news coming. And another staff member, too. <a href="https://t.co/xcNFbbYZE1">https://t.co/xcNFbbYZE1</a></p>&mdash; Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) <a href="https://twitter.com/dgoold/status/1291892742755360771?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 8, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Just...

I really dont know how long a team can be benched before it's time to start forcing them to forfeit games, assuming the season is suppose to continue. How many double headers do the Cardinals have to play now to finish the season?

bdj23
08-08-2020, 07:13 AM
I emailed mlb and demanded a refund for my mlb.tv

KChiefs1
08-08-2020, 09:27 AM
55 games in 49 days.

That’s not as bad as I thought. I was thinking 55 games in 42 days.

jd1020
08-08-2020, 11:37 AM

They probably won't play for at least another week because the entire team was on the plane and working out with at least one of these players. The whole team is in quarantine and the GM doesn't know when they will play again. There's no way they will finish a 60 game season. They have to be pretty close to just being sent home by the league.

BigRedChief
08-08-2020, 12:32 PM
They probably won't play for at least another week because the entire team was on the plane and working out with at least one of these players. The whole team is in quarantine and the GM doesn't know when they will play again. There's no way they will finish a 60 game season. They have to be pretty close to just being sent home by the league.They knew players and staff had been exposed to multiple positive covid persons. They waited 5-6 days to get everyone on a plane together again. Isn't it supposed to be 10-14 days quarantined? Then they get more positives out of the players who rode on the plane. And are shocked?

Who the **** is running the covid safety protocols on this team? The 3 stooges?

Hayneplane
08-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Surely they should be be thrown out of the league for endangering the safety of the rest of the league.

One outbreak is unfortunate but to keep compounding it with lax practices that continue to lead to further positive tests on several subsequent occasions is bordering on criminally negligent.

KChiefs1
08-08-2020, 05:28 PM
This is what concerns me about the NFL season. All it takes is one team of morons to ruin the season.

tk13
08-08-2020, 09:05 PM
Looking like their next series against the Pirates is in jeopardy now. This is going to be a mess to figure out. I know they talk about using win percentage to determine playoffs but what if one team has played 10-15 games less than the rest of their division?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is accurate: The Pirates&#39; flight to St. Louis on Sunday has been canceled, as has their game Monday against the Cardinals, sources tell ESPN. By tomorrow, the teams will have a better sense as to whether they&#39;ll play Tuesday and Wednesday. Cards are up to 11 games missed. <a href="https://t.co/yBFY8hAZ8q">https://t.co/yBFY8hAZ8q</a></p>&mdash; Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1292284773487063040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RealSNR
08-08-2020, 09:11 PM
Best dipshits in baseball

Deberg_1990
08-08-2020, 11:39 PM
This is what concerns me about the NFL season. All it takes is one team of morons to ruin the season.

There’s also more players on a football team than a baseball team. More chance for dipshittery

Pablo
08-09-2020, 08:23 AM
Best dipshits in baseball

birds on bets.

kstater
08-09-2020, 08:57 AM
They just spread Covid the right way.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

tk13
08-09-2020, 03:41 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The upcoming Pirates-Cardinals series has been canceled.</p>&mdash; Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1292573434719936513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KChiefs1
08-09-2020, 04:13 PM

I maybe right after all.

BigRedChief
08-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Some of the Cardinal players were sick enough to go to the ER. “None remain hospitalized”? So some we’re in bad enough shape to be hospitalized for a period of time? And then those exposed to that, you put on a plane together 4-5 days later? WTF is wrong with you?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">During his weekly interview on KMOX/1120 AM, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/stlcards?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#stlcards</a> manager Mike Shildt reveals what has been asked often about: Some COVID-19 positive individuals with team have had to go to the Emergency Room due to symptoms.<br><br>Team says none have remained hospitalized.<br><br>Full quote: <a href="https://t.co/2Yn4t3B2Gp">pic.twitter.com/2Yn4t3B2Gp</a></p>&mdash; Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) <a href="https://twitter.com/dgoold/status/1292489944527704064?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

sedated
08-09-2020, 05:02 PM
If there's a big lesson to be learned, its that non-bubble sports need as much extra time worked into the schedule as possible.

wazu
08-09-2020, 05:07 PM
Is it possible to just shutdown the Cardinals for the year and let the rest of MLB play things out?

BigRedChief
08-09-2020, 05:11 PM
Heres how you handle players who violate protocol. Send them
home in a car.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Indians pitcher Zach Plesac sent home to Cleveland after going out with friends in Chicago on Saturday night in violation of team rules and league’s health and safety protocols. With <a href="https://twitter.com/ZackMeisel?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ZackMeisel</a>: <a href="https://t.co/46ov4QqfaV">https://t.co/46ov4QqfaV</a></p>&mdash; Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1292578094470045697?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2020, 05:19 PM
What an absolute abomination. Mlb is a fucking joke the way they've handled this season. Plenty of time to prepare and this is the pathetic execution?

Chief Roundup
08-09-2020, 05:24 PM
What an absolute abomination. Mlb is a fucking joke the way they've handled this season. Plenty of time to prepare and this is the pathetic execution?

It is not the MLB. It is the players. The MLB have put policies and procedures in place and the players are not following them. That is the wildcard with the NFL. If the players don't follow protocols it could be just as bad or worse.

RealSNR
08-09-2020, 05:25 PM
Is it possible to just shutdown the Cardinals forever and let the rest of MLB play things out?
FYP

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2020, 05:26 PM
It is not the MLB. It is the players. The MLB have put policies and procedures in place and the players are not following them. That is the wildcard with the NFL. If the players don't follow protocols it could be just as bad or worse.

ROFL They had no plan for it though. We knew this would happen

BigRedChief
08-09-2020, 05:32 PM
I don’t think the NFL players will be any better at following the protocols. Why would they? They are in top physical shape. Young and feel invincible. They will want to go out with some buddies and party a little just like the Indians pitcher. They can’t help it as a group. Someone will break protocol. 53 players and another 64 staff who travel with the team. That’s a lot of chances for one dumbass to screw it up for everyone.

The NBA and NHL players have no choice, they are in a bubble. That’s the way to ensure players follow the protocols.

Pablo
08-09-2020, 06:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The upcoming Pirates-Cardinals series has been canceled.</p>&mdash; Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1292573434719936513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

LMAO

Couldn't have happened to a better team.

tk13
08-09-2020, 06:35 PM
Apparently they had another player test positive today. That's not good. Especially since they were practicing this week. Hopefully this is it and doesn't keep dragging into the next week.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">John Mozeliak says one player tested positive today. OF Lane Thomas</p>&mdash; Jesse Rogers (@JesseRogersESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/JesseRogersESPN/status/1292619620768243712?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 10, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2020, 07:00 PM
Just end the damn season then

Chief Roundup
08-09-2020, 07:25 PM
You sure can tell that the Royal fans are jealous. They are coming out of the woodwork to take shots at the Cardinals.

BigRedChief
08-09-2020, 07:37 PM
Apparently they had another player test positive today. That's not good. Especially since they were practicing this week. Hopefully this is it and doesn't keep dragging into the next week.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 509px; height: 199px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1292619620768243712&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com%2FBB%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26p%3D15106967&theme=light&widgetsVersion=223fc1c4%3A1596143124634&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1292619620768243712" frameborder="0"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>The whole team was in an airplane after exposure to the virus. Masks were optional on the flight. What could go wrong? Its like its news to them that asymptomatic persons can spread the covid. <iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.3c5aa8e2a38bbbee4b6d88e6846fc657.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.3c5aa8e2a38bbbee4b6d88e6846fc657.html?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chiefsplanet.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe>

wazu
08-09-2020, 07:40 PM
You sure can tell that the Royal fans are jealous. They are coming out of the woodwork to take shots at the Cardinals.

The Royals have over three times as many wins as the Cardinals. Losers.

Chief Roundup
08-09-2020, 07:44 PM
The Royals have over three times as many wins as the Cardinals. Losers.

How many Championships again?
The Royals are the Bungels or Browns of the MLB.

BigRedChief
08-09-2020, 07:47 PM
The Royals are the Bungels or Browns of the MLB.Dude, just don't. :shake:

Demonpenz
08-09-2020, 08:08 PM

Browns waxed that ass in game 7

Pasta Little Brioni
08-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Yup end it, throw in the towel, give up, royal it...

tk13
08-09-2020, 09:01 PM

Cardinals fans always go back to this like they haven't been around since 1892.

wazu
08-10-2020, 08:03 AM

Probably sucks that you lost to us when it mattered most.

Sassy Squatch
08-10-2020, 08:15 AM
These guys STILL don't have their shit together? Good Lord

DaFace
08-10-2020, 08:48 AM

I'll never really understand why this is a bragging point between fans. Were we Chiefs fans lesser because the team was awful for 50 years?

Pablo
08-10-2020, 08:52 AM
These guys STILL don't have their shit together? Good Lord

They're Ferguson types. What did you expect?

KChiefs1
08-10-2020, 03:39 PM
Tigers doubleheader on Thursday canceled.

tk13
08-10-2020, 03:45 PM
I've lost track but they have to be approaching a quarter of the season missed at this point.

jd1020
08-10-2020, 03:51 PM
I've lost track but they have to be approaching a quarter of the season missed at this point.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/177dcfe11d23552483028bb131f6d0bc/tenor.gif

DJ's left nut
08-10-2020, 03:54 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/177dcfe11d23552483028bb131f6d0bc/tenor.gif

Sold.

But just to clarify, we don't have to toll Fowler, Miller, Molina or Carpenter's contracts for another year do we? I don't believe so and in that case - deal.

I mean sure, we'll have torched an entire year of Flaherty's service time for a single start in a season that didn't really happen, but if it gets us one year close to the end of this 'era' of uninspired baseball, I'll make that trade.

BigRedChief
08-10-2020, 06:01 PM
I'll never really understand why this is a bragging point between fans. Were we Chiefs fans lesser because the team was awful for 50 years? most Cardinals fans on here grew up in Springfield, Columbia area or St. Louis. If your a baseball fan in those areas, you were a Cardinal fan. I was watching the Cardinals in a World Series before the Royals existed. I was also watching Lenny the cool and Otis Taylor on TV. The Chiefs were and still are the NFL football team in Springfield.

You are a fan of the team you grew up with. You can’t switch because they suck or you moved to a different town. That’s a violation of fan rule #1. No bandwagon fans are tolerated.

jd1020
08-10-2020, 06:08 PM
You can’t switch because you moved to a different town.

Not sure I 100% agree with this.

What if you grew up in a city where there's really no support from the community for the team and the atmosphere is just dead... Rays or Marlins. Then you move to a city like New York and its nothing but die hard support for the Yankees. Pretty sure I would give a pass to someone who became a Yankee fan after falling in love with the community.

Die hard fans of the Ray and Marlins have all my respect. It's gotta be fucking hard to be motivated to be a fan of those teams when no one gives a rats ass about them.

BigRedChief
08-10-2020, 06:14 PM
Not sure I 100% agree with this.

What if you grew up in a city where there's really no support from the community for the team and the atmosphere is just dead... Rays or Marlins. Then you move to a city like New York and its nothing but die hard support for the Yankees. Pretty sure I would give a pass to someone who became a Yankee fan after falling in love with the community.Yes, that would be a bandwagoner exception. Because the fan was never on board. Nor the city with the team.

But, if you grew up a Dolphins fan, you don’t get to become a Giants fan upon the move to New York because there are a lot of Dolphins fans and still the passion fans of the team exists.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-10-2020, 06:20 PM
MLB is an abomination. What a pathetically planned season.

bdj23
08-11-2020, 12:05 PM
MLB.tv is actually refunding my $

If any other cardinals fans feel so inclined.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-11-2020, 12:12 PM
We all need refunded for major league baseball fucking up this bad.

DaFace
08-11-2020, 12:20 PM

To be fair, those of us who aren't Cardinals fans are enjoying the season just fine. Time will tell if that continues.

wazu
08-11-2020, 12:28 PM
To be fair, those of us who aren't Cardinals fans are enjoying the season just fine. Time will tell if that continues.

Yeah, I've been glad it's happening. Feel sorry for Cards fans but let them get well and try again next year.

KChiefs1
08-11-2020, 01:47 PM

Royals season has went just fine.

bdj23
08-11-2020, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I've been glad it's happening. Feel sorry for Cards fans but let them get well and try again next year.

I really didn't want to.. baseball is about all I watch in the summer. I just don't see how STL continues the season logistically without it being an absolute shit show. We are already postponing make up games.