PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Renaming the Chiefs: Round 4 - The Elite Eight

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 05:23 PM
Two names enter, one name leaves. We've got 8 candidates remaining from Round 3, seeded based on their initial scoring.

I'll present them in sets of two. Vote for ONE name from EACH pair.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 05:36 PM
My votes are below.

Wolfpack over Knights. I dislike the Wolfpack name. I'm not crazy about the Knights name. Knights is better, but I'm not going to name the team after humans from a particular region. That's suicide. So I'll cringe and vote for Wolfpack.

Kings over Outlaws. I'm not a fan of either name. We're not bad guys, though. I'll hold my nose and vote for Kings only because of the connection with Royals.

Archers over Monarchs. If you're going to name the team after humans, Archers is a great name. It's a vocational name that's not unique to any region, so you can avoid a bunch of whining about it. Also, Archers will let us keep the arrowhead, which is great. In any other era I'd be okay with Monarchs, but if we review why there's complaining about the Chiefs name, it should be obvious why Monarchs won't fly.

Stampede over Wolves. Wolves is a blah name. There are probably a thousand high school, college, and pro teams called the Wolves. Stampede is an amazing name. Stampede captures the spirit of the old west, it's a lively and action-oriented name, and Stampeeeeede is a great cheer. I hope Stampede wins the whole tournament.

ThaVirus
08-01-2020, 05:46 PM
Getting down to the nitty gritty..

Knights, Kings, Monarchs, and Wolves for me.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 05:49 PM

Wolves over Stampede? You're dead to me now. You don't even like Wolves.

Wait. That means...no. You can't dislike Stampede. Stampede is an amazing name.

Chief Pagan
08-01-2020, 05:57 PM
My votes are below.

Archers over Monarchs. If you're going to name the team after humans, Archers is a great name. It's a vocational name that's not unique to any region, so you can avoid a bunch of whining about it. Also, Archers will let us keep the arrowhead, which is great.

Going with archers to keep the arrowhead is clever. But isn't drawing and shooting an imaginary bow now a 15 yard penalty?

Complete deal breaker.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Going with archers to keep the arrowhead is clever. But isn't drawing and shooting an imaginary bow now a 15 yard penalty?

Complete deal breaker.

If we were an actual Archer it would have to be legal. It would be denying us our culture to ban it.

KurtCobain
08-01-2020, 06:35 PM

Agreed.

WhawhaWhat
08-01-2020, 06:58 PM
So we're gonna have a bunch of assholes calling them the KC Woofs because they can't pronounce Wolves properly.

Monticore
08-01-2020, 07:07 PM
Knights . archers , wolves , Outlaws

monarchs remind me of the Queen
stampede remind me of the Calgary stampeders
Wolfpack I think Hangover

BigRedChief
08-01-2020, 07:34 PM

Knights, Kings, Monarchs, and Wolves for me.Wolfpack for me because it has some history with the Chiefs.

Halfcan
08-01-2020, 07:52 PM
I hate every one of these names and will never support a name change.

Chiefs forever.

patteeu
08-01-2020, 08:06 PM
Knights, Kings, Monarchs, and Stampede. I'm not a fan of the wolf names.

suzzer99
08-01-2020, 08:08 PM
Knights, Kings, Monarchs, and Stampede. I'm not a fan of the wolf names.

https://i.imgur.com/s7NmxOD.jpg

Shaid
08-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Did many people actually vote in these things? I appreciate the effort but until they force a change, I'm basically ignoring it. Chiefs isn't offensive.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 09:02 PM
Did many people actually vote in these things? I appreciate the effort but until they force a change, I'm basically ignoring it. Chiefs isn't offensive.

I haven't checked the statistics, but I think it's in the hundreds of thousands.

PHOG
08-01-2020, 09:05 PM
Exactly, fuck anybody that thinks Chiefs is offensive. :dom:

Chief Pagan
08-01-2020, 09:05 PM
If we were an actual Archer it would have to be legal. It would be denying us our culture to ban it.

Well then, lets go for the KC Throat Slashers.

suzzer99
08-01-2020, 09:08 PM
I'm still annoyed that Shuttlecocks never got it's fair chance.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 09:40 PM
I'm still annoyed that Shuttlecocks never got it's fair chance.

It got its shot, but let's be honest. It was never going to be competitive against Stampede and Archers.

PHOG
08-01-2020, 09:43 PM
find it very hard to believe that a BASKETBALL nickname has made it this far. :harumph:

jerryaldini
08-01-2020, 10:15 PM
I came up with Archers. It's got it all. But alas it's going to lose to a name that only reminds me of stuffy Europeans. Keeping the arrowhead logo should be paramount. Ah well.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 10:19 PM
I came up with Archers. It's got it all. But alas it's going to lose to a name that only reminds me of stuffy Europeans. Keeping the arrowhead logo should be paramount. Ah well.

I'm pretty sure it'll come back and win. Because Patrick Mahomes II is the quarterback of the Archers, and they specialize in comebacks.

suzzer99
08-01-2020, 11:27 PM
It got its shot, but let's be honest. It was never going to be competitive against Stampede and Archers.

Crap I missed that heat. Please tell me it didn't lose by a single vote.

Rain Man
08-01-2020, 11:43 PM
Crap I missed that heat. Please tell me it didn't lose by a single vote.

I can tell you that it did not lose by a single vote. Any other facts will be withheld to preserve your self-image.

suzzer99
08-01-2020, 11:53 PM
https://i.imgur.com/eLVq6jC.png

Rasputin
08-02-2020, 10:30 AM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zVGHggXx8HM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Third Eye
08-02-2020, 10:42 AM
find it very hard to believe that a BASKETBALL nickname has made it this far. :harumph:

Yeah, I admittedly haven’t been following this, but I’m curious if it’s survived because it has gone against terrible competition or because people actually like it. I’m confused as to why anyone would want to rebrand after such a terrible franchise. Seems like bad mojo.

Rain Man
08-03-2020, 09:24 AM
Okay, Wolfpack, Kings, Monarchs, and Wolves move on.

(Wistful look back at Stampede and Archers.)

Andoverer
08-03-2020, 10:00 AM
So we're gonna have a bunch of assholes calling them the KC Woofs because they can't pronounce Wolves properly.

A public service announcement would be required to make sure all the folks properly pronounce it "Wolves" and not "Woofs" although honestly I'd think the Missouri side of the border would be more prone to that. :)

Graystoke
08-03-2020, 10:26 AM
This needs a revote