PDA

View Full Version : Football The 2020 Season

Mile High Mania
08-06-2020, 09:54 AM
Hola... so, I was curious as to what everyone thinks will happen with the NFL this year. There are a lot of players opting out, which for some is understandable. And, you now have UCONN cancelling their season and I believe all of D2 and D3 schools have cancelled their fall championships, no idea if that rolls back to games and/or seasons.

So much talk out there right now and while the league could survive with no fans thanks to the TV funds, etc... do you think they will play?

Right now, I'm 50/50 ... the season is supposed to kick off in a month. I'm fully expecting them to delay/shorten the season and or cancel outright.

I can't even imagine what a fall looks like without football.

MahiMike
08-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Who cares. I can't support a bunch of kneelers anyways. Let's take our ring and leave...

BigCatDaddy
08-06-2020, 09:57 AM
Does it really matter if a season is played for Donk fans?

Mecca
08-06-2020, 10:00 AM
Who cares. I can't support a bunch of kneelers anyways. Let's take our ring and leave...

Lets make it political right away.

Chief Roundup
08-06-2020, 10:00 AM
I think that the season will begin, barring anything tremendous between now and the start. However I am 50/50 on being able to complete the season and have playoffs as we will be heading into the winter season when this stuff like other viruses are at their peaks.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Bugeater
08-06-2020, 10:03 AM
He's one of the biggest dumbasses on this board

FloridaMan88
08-06-2020, 10:05 AM
UConn football was already a program in deep shit as the university transitioned to a non football conference (the Big East)... so the pandemic was a convenient out for them this year.

BigCatDaddy
08-06-2020, 10:08 AM

Instead of waiting for you do it first as usual

Mecca
08-06-2020, 10:10 AM
Instead of waiting for you do it first as usual

When anyone starts in a thread with "I don't support kneelers" as their post, great, go find another hobby then.

wazu
08-06-2020, 10:12 AM
My best guess on what will happen is that a full season will be played, and the Chiefs will win the Superbowl. Broncos make a heroic effort to finish 8-8.

Monticore
08-06-2020, 10:14 AM
I think it will be a shortened season if we are lucky , they can't afford to cancel/remake games like baseball or lose quarantine multiple players at one position .

Multiple bubble cities/state , not sure what the answer is.

Hammock Parties
08-06-2020, 10:18 AM
If Jurrell Casey sacks Mahomes, consider your season a success.

ptlyon
08-06-2020, 10:20 AM
The only thing I'll miss this season is beating the donx twice again this year

New World Order
08-06-2020, 10:28 AM
I think it will be a shortened season if we are lucky , they can't afford to cancel/remake games like baseball or lose quarantine multiple players at one position .

Multiple bubble cities/state , not sure what the answer is.

They need to shorten the season and get it over with as quickly as possible.

Demonpenz
08-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Domino's are already falling for this season nkt to happen

ChiefBlueCFC
08-06-2020, 11:01 AM
If the NFL learns from the mistakes of MLB, NHL etc then it is possible for the season to go on. But, what will be interesting is if COVID does go through a locker room and a team has to completely quarantine, or they lose 3 or 4 o-linemen or something along those lines.

I really hope that they are able to play and kick off on schedule, but only time will tell. There are just so many unknowns that its impossible to say with any kind of certainty either way.

MGRS13
08-06-2020, 11:02 AM
The nba and nhl give us all hope. Not being in a bubble is tough though. The marlins basically had to go find a new team. I don’t think you can do that in football. I hope we have a season

TEX
08-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Hola... so, I was curious as to what everyone thinks will happen with the NFL this year. There are a lot of players opting out, which for some is understandable. And, you now have UCONN cancelling their season and I believe all of D2 and D3 schools have cancelled their fall championships, no idea if that rolls back to games and/or seasons.

So much talk out there right now and while the league could survive with no fans thanks to the TV funds, etc... do you think they will play?

Right now, I'm 50/50 ... the season is supposed to kick off in a month. I'm fully expecting them to delay/shorten the season and or cancel outright.

I can't even imagine what a fall looks like without football.

Yep. I think they delay it and reduce the number of games played. I also think that is the best scenario. Gonna suck..

Lzen
08-07-2020, 08:50 AM
There will be a season. Too much money to be lost if they don't play the season. But yeah, there will probably be a lot of issues along the way.