PDA

View Full Version : Football The Dallas Cowboys will have the best offense in 2020-NFL.com

Megatron96
08-13-2020, 03:39 PM
Article by Adam Schein (excerpt):

"We are less than a month away from the start of the 2020 NFL season, and I'm dreaming of offense. The stars, the strategies and the subplots -- yes, the subplots!

I can't wait for Ben Roethlisberger's return to action in Pittsburgh. I'm endlessly curious about how Joe Brady will transform the Panthers' offense. And I'm dying to see what the beautiful football mind of 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan has in store for all of us this season.

But actually, I don't anticipate any of those offenses shining brightest in 2020. Which units will? Here is my prediction for this season's best offenses, Schein Nine style.

No. 1 - Dallas Cowboys

The 2019 Cowboys ranked first in total offense and sixth in scoring. And honestly? You ain't seen nothing yet! Dallas' offensive numbers are about to explode.

Mike McCarthy is a terrific head coach -- and a major upgrade over Jason Garrett. He's going to get the most out of Dak Prescott, who is somehow still playing for a long-term deal. Dak set career highs in passing yards (4,902), yards per attempt (8.2) and TD tosses (30) in 2019. Jerry and Stephen Jones should've locked him up, because Prescott's production -- and his price tag -- will only go up under the watchful eye of McCarthy. Especially with the wealth of receiving riches at the quarterback's disposal. The Cowboys' WR trio is eye-popping. Amari Cooper and Michael Gallup each eclipsed 1,100 yards last season. They obviously have a great rapport with No. 4. And then there's the All-American wideout who fell into Dallas' lap at No. 17 overall in April's draft. CeeDee Lamb will be an instant star at The Star. In fact, I think he'll be the best receiver on the team this season. Yes, he's that big a talent, an absolute killer in big spots.

And I haven't even mentioned Ezekiel Elliott, who remains the straw that stirs the drink on this Cowboys offense. In his four NFL seasons, he's claimed two rushing titles (and led the NFL in rushing yards per game three times). Last year, he got off to a slow start following a 40-day contract holdout. And still, he rushed for 1,357 yards and 12 touchdowns, while catching 54 balls for 420 yards and two more scores. At 25, he remains squarely in his prime and will dazzle behind an offensive line that the grading gurus over at Pro Football Focus rank as the No. 3 group in football entering the 2020 campaign.

Simply put, America's team has America's elite offense."

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-top-nine-offenses-in-2020-watch-out-for-cowboys-chiefs-ravens-and-bengals

BigRedChief
08-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Schein has been a Mohomie since before the draft. Interesting. :doh!:

Kman34
08-13-2020, 03:41 PM
Hack

DaneMcCloud
08-13-2020, 03:43 PM
Who is Joe Brady??? That’s all I need to know about this hack writer...

Joe Brady worked as an offensive assistant in New Orleans before being hired as the Offensive Coordinator at LSU, which quickly propelled their offense and produced the #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft, and was a huge reason why the LSU Tigers won the National Championship this year.

Joe Brady was hired as the Carolina Panthers OC earlier this year.

staylor26
08-13-2020, 03:43 PM
Dak/McCarthy vs. Mahomes/Reid

LMAO

sedated
08-13-2020, 03:45 PM
The same McCarthy that was shit-canned from Green Bay for wasting Aaron Rodgers prime?

RustShack
08-13-2020, 03:47 PM
Lol maybe he meant NFC?

Wisconsin_Chief
08-13-2020, 03:48 PM
Utter garbage. McCarthy is installing a new offense that he himself says is a work in progress with limited offseason and no preseason. Give me a freaking break.

This is almost as bad as Lamar Jackson on the cover of the SI NFL preview with the caption “The future of QBs,” where they pick the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Even when we’re at the top, we still get no respect.

Halfcan
08-13-2020, 03:49 PM
Dak and Amari put up big stats, but stunk when the games mattered most. They just don't impress me like Mahomes and Hill.

staylor26
08-13-2020, 03:52 PM
Utter garbage. McCarthy is installing a new offense that he himself says is a work in progress with limited offseason and no preseason. Give me a freaking break.

This is almost as bad as Lamar Jackson on the cover of the SI NFL preview with the caption “The future of QBs,” where they pick the Ravens to win the Super Bowl.

Exactly. People I know talk about the Chiefs like we didn’t just win the SB and still have something to prove.

Wisconsin_Chief
08-13-2020, 03:55 PM
Exactly. People I know talk about the Chiefs like we didn’t just win the SB and still have something to prove.

I guess having the face of the NFL at QB and winning it all isn’t enough.

Maybe after the back to back titles we’re about to win we’ll start riding a little on the radar screen.

PHOG
08-13-2020, 04:04 PM
ROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO No really ROFLROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Bwana
08-13-2020, 04:07 PM
Sure thing LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
08-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Dak ROFL ROFL

Wisconsin_Chief
08-13-2020, 04:18 PM
Dak ROFL ROFL

The king of garbage time stats. I mean he just feasts on opposing defenses... when his team is down 27-10 in the 3rd.

ThaVirus
08-13-2020, 04:21 PM
I'm not going to read that so clue me in if he said something truly horrific, but I don't see an issue with the prediction.

If they had predicted the Ravens as being the top offense of 2019 after the 2018 season we'd have laughed them off the board, but it ended up being the case.

DRM08
08-13-2020, 05:24 PM

That’s good. Create a chip on the shoulder for the KC guys.

Chiefaholic
08-13-2020, 05:29 PM

The Ravens this season are the Chargers of prior seasons. I hope Reid posts this type of stuff in the locker room to hype up the team to prove that last season wasn't a fluke.

REDHOTGTO
08-13-2020, 06:53 PM
ok

lewdog
08-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Dak is so overrated. Stop the hype.

Halfcan
08-13-2020, 07:20 PM
I predict the Cowboys will be the Best team in the NFL...

That finishes 8-8

InChiefsHeaven
08-13-2020, 07:29 PM
The Chiefs may only have like a top 3 offense...oh no! Funny thing is, last season Dallas had better offensive numbers than the Chiefs...and were sitting on the couch in January.

Our Boys don't give a shit. It's not about offensive stats, it's about Championships. That's their focus.

And nobody would take Dak over Patrick. Nobody.

These guys have to have something to write about.

Easy 6
08-13-2020, 07:39 PM
Overheard Cowherd gushing about Daks statement at work today, it wasn’t bad but not this master statesman line he was selling... Dak is a second tier QB looking for elite money

Who blinks first here is one of the more interesting stories right now

Mama Hip Rockets
08-13-2020, 07:47 PM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="14750742" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7351916376306618"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/tyreek-hill-chiefs-laughing-laugh-cry-gif-14750742">Tyreek Hill Chiefs GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/tyreekhill-gifs">Tyreekhill GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Deberg_1990
08-13-2020, 07:48 PM
Cowboys have the potential to be lethal under McCarthys tutelage.

Chiefshrink
08-13-2020, 08:24 PM

That's okay, let that chip ride on the shoulders of all of our players especially Pat. We're a small market which the national sports press hates with the current best QB in the league which makes us even more hated. If all things play out for the most part for the next 10-12 yrs Pat will be the best EVER QB in NFL history. Pat I feel does what Jordan did and that is play off of legitimate chips without letting you know it and might even do what Mike did and "create chips" as well.:D

Chiefshrink
08-13-2020, 08:30 PM
The Chiefs may only have like a top 3 offense...oh no! Funny thing is, last season Dallas had better offensive numbers than the Chiefs...and were sitting on the couch in January.

Our Boys don't give a shit. It's not about offensive stats, it's about Championships. That's their focus.

Amen brother !! Just wait until McCarthy realizes Dak is not a student of the game and is limited in his play calling and will still not be able to win the 'big games' that count. Only reason Jerra hasn't paid him yet is because Dak hasn't taken them deep into the playoffs yet. Jerra is just putting the onus on Dak, to "put up and get paid or shut up and leave". I'm not a Cowboys fan at all let alone a Jerra fan but I agree with Jerra here. Put up or leave.

Imon Yourside
08-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Thkip Bayluss probably wrote it.

Chief Pagan
08-13-2020, 08:31 PM
Dak is so overrated. Stop the hype.

The Cowgirls being crowned preseason?

I'm shocked I tell you, absolutely shocked.

mr. tegu
08-13-2020, 09:28 PM

They definitely didn’t have better numbers anywhere besides yards. Basically every other offensive stat the Chiefs were better such as points, points per play, red zone %, and on and on. The Chiefs are either first or top five in probably every major offensive category. And if we didn’t mail in the fourth quarter so often we would blow every team out of the water in stats and could probably easily break the points record.

TribalElder
08-13-2020, 09:30 PM
https://content.forums.colts.com/monthly_2018_12/967EC05F-80D8-4362-B45C-DC460A3F50F7.jpeg.ede9f00329141a813199a251346e92b6.jpeg

Chieftain
08-14-2020, 12:13 AM
Cowgirls are the Chargers of the NFC. Every single year predicted to be SB contenders and every single year end up doing shit. Can't think of a more overhyped by the media franchise.

Gravedigger
08-14-2020, 01:03 AM
Fine you can say they’ll be the best offense but for the love of God, please stop calling them America’s team.

MeaTy The Pimp
08-14-2020, 05:29 AM
The king of garbage time stats. I mean he just feasts on opposing defenses... when his team is down 27-10 in the 3rd.

...and when the Chiefs are down 27-10 they just run off about 30 points unanswered and win the game...

Go figure.

NFL.com is like a 10 year old kid. They never seem to think before they speak, and they never shut up.

Buehler445
08-14-2020, 07:25 AM
Say it with me.

Click-bait.

chiefzilla1501
08-14-2020, 07:58 AM

This. He's the ultimate stat padder.

InChiefsHeaven
08-14-2020, 08:01 AM
They definitely didn’t have better numbers anywhere besides yards. Basically every other offensive stat the Chiefs were better such as points, points per play, red zone %, and on and on. The Chiefs are either first or top five in probably every major offensive category. And if we didn’t mail in the fourth quarter so often we would blow every team out of the water in stats and could probably easily break the points record.

Your'e right, I was thinking the Ravens.

redfan
08-14-2020, 08:06 AM
Nah, they won't. Need an elite QB for that.

ChiefBlueCFC
08-14-2020, 08:07 AM
Someone wrote an article about their Madden career mode

ChiTown
08-14-2020, 08:08 AM
This is so stupid.

Take a poll of ALL NFL Defensive Coordinators and ask them which NFL Team's offense they least like to face. I'm guessing Baltimore and KC come up 1 & 2 in just about every conversation.

saphojunkie
08-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Man, a lot of stupid in this thread.

The Cowboys had the #1 total offense last year, and y'all are acting like it's insane to predict a repeat when they traded Witten for Lamb.

They scored 17 fewer points than the Chiefs. I know Mahomes >>>>>> Dak but the dismissal of Dallas is really willful ignorance at this point.

Chiefshrink
08-14-2020, 06:41 PM
but the dismissal of Dallas is really willful ignorance at this point.

Nothing personal sapho but willful exaltation of a team and especially a QB who is just a "five o'clock hitter" in big games is willful ignorance. Fall in love with the athleticism of Dak all you want BUT does he play big in big games when needed to advance the team to the next level? Not so much.:rolleyes: Dak is just "QB eye candy" that eventually disappoints when it is all said and done. Maybe he takes his game to the next level but I doubt it.

Strongside
08-14-2020, 06:43 PM
LMFAO this has to be from the Onion.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-14-2020, 07:19 PM
Each NFL team receives an equal share of the league's "national revenue" -- primarily money from television deals, but also league-wide sponsorships, licensing and merchandise sales.

Thanks Cowboy gear buyer. 500 mil. Buy more!

duncan_idaho
08-14-2020, 07:44 PM
Let’s look at this by position group.

QB - clearly Mahomes
RB - clearly Cowboys
WR/TE - clearly Chiefs (Hill/Kelce/Watkins > Cooper/Lamb/Gallup)
T - Chiefs (better combo)
IOL - Cowboys

Playcaller: Chiefs

If this was 1986, the Cowboys would have the edge offensively. It isn’t. So they don’t.