PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs are going to allow fans but only 22% capacity

Pages : [1] 2

dirk digler
08-17-2020, 03:00 PM
https://www.chiefs.com/news/chiefs-announce-single-game-ticket-on-sale-date-finalize-health-and-safety-plans

Under the guidelines established by the National Football League, and with the approval of Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas, City of Kansas City Health Director Dr. Rex Archer and City of Kansas City EMS Medical Director Dr. Erica Carney, the Kansas City Chiefs have finalized plans for a reduced capacity of approximately 22 percent to kick off the 2020 season. Included in the approved plans are important health and safety protocols that the club, in consultation with The University of Kansas Health System, has developed for fans who will attend games at Arrowhead Stadium.

Tickets to Go on Sale

With the reduced game-by-game capacity confirmed, single-game tickets for the club's first three games will go on sale to Season Ticket Members beginning on Monday, Aug. 24. Season Ticket Members will have the opportunity to purchase, in order of tenure, through their password-protected ticket account. Season Ticket Members will be contacted directly via email with additional details. Tickets will be sold in grouped pods of seats, with the ability to purchase as many as six seats in the same pod through the online process. Fans will be required to attend with known guests sitting within their purchased pod. If any tickets remain to be sold, the purchase opportunity for Jackson County residents, followed by the public, will be communicated at a later date.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2020, 03:03 PM
w/ 15 years of tenure, I'm betting that won't get me in the door opening night.

Hell damn crap. I figured I'd need about 40% to get there.

Maybe some of those long-time STHs are thinking of sitting this season - most folks that have had seats longer than me have had them since the 70s. We rarely run into folks that grabbed their seats in 2002 and held them through the Pioli era.

mr. tegu
08-17-2020, 03:04 PM
Thread title is a bit confusing. Should be 22% capacity.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2020, 03:05 PM
Just a 22% reduction? That’s still 60,000 people crammed in there. No thanks.

Eleazar
08-17-2020, 03:06 PM
capacity 22% of normal, not a 22% reduction in capacity. Incorrect thread title.

Deberg_1990
08-17-2020, 03:06 PM
Thread title is a bit confusing. Should be 22% capacity.

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying

TinyEvel
08-17-2020, 03:07 PM
There's a 100% chance I'll be watching from my sofa. With a 22% increase in nachos, a 10% increase in my weight, and a 200% increase in football boner.

dirk digler
08-17-2020, 03:07 PM
Is that better?

mr. tegu
08-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Is that better?

The article also worded it a bit strange too, but yes better.

BWillie
08-17-2020, 03:13 PM
Get your Chiefs tickets right heeere for $37,000 a piece. Only $29,000 per ticket vs Oakland!

Jerok
08-17-2020, 03:14 PM
Why not 23% capacity?

Wisconsin_Chief
08-17-2020, 03:17 PM
Fantastic news. After the Packers announced they would not have fans at their first 2 home games I was a little concerned about what KC might do.

I don't think I could have handled watching the opener celebrating our Super Bowl win with an empty stadium. It would have been brutally depressing.

That 22% better be ready to rock it.

O.city
08-17-2020, 03:18 PM
I still don't really understand why you couldn't do alot more. You're outside in an extremely well ventilated stadium.

kcxiv
08-17-2020, 03:21 PM
I still don't really understand why you couldn't do alot more. You're outside in an extremely well ventilated stadium.

probably will ramp up as time goes by if everything runs according to plan.

Bugeater
It's still basically going to be an empty stadium

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
It’s about 16,800 people max. Still more than a full Chargers home game

DJ's left nut
The STH Email says that members are limited to purchasing one 'pod' of seats (w/ a default of 4 seats/pod).

So I'm hopeful a bunch of STH want to get in on that division game action and burn their ticket on the Raiders game. Seems unlikely, but not impossible. Again, the old school STHs that out-rank me have some weird priorities and 'Raiders Week' may still mean a lot to them.

I want to see that !@#$ing banner go up.

O.city
08-17-2020, 03:22 PM

That's true. As it goes along will get more I bet.

Wisconsin_Chief

They probably could, but I'm sure they want to go above and beyond to keep it as safe as possible. They don't want any cases traced back to Arrowhead.

Plus, the article says tickets will go on sale for the first 3 games, which leads me to think maybe they will see how it's working and how case numbers are looking and possibly increase the capacity for the 4th game and beyond.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
Why not 23% capacity?

22% because I’d imagine fans would have to social distance by 6 feet or 3 seats away

dirk digler
08-17-2020, 03:23 PM

Better than nothing.

O.city
08-17-2020, 03:23 PM
The STH Email says that members are limited to purchasing one 'pod' of seats (w/ a default of 4 seats/pod).

So I'm hopeful a bunch of STH want to get in on that division game action and burn their ticket on the Raiders game. Seems unlikely, but not impossible. Again, the old school STHs that out-rank me have some weird priorities and 'Raiders Week' may still mean a lot to them.

I wanted to. But seeing as there isn't likely to be much in terms of "normality" of tailgating etc, I'm not even gonna attempt.

DJ's left nut
08-17-2020, 03:26 PM
22% because I’d imagine fans would have to social distance by 6 feet or 3 seats away

Pod structure seems to make 'strict' social distancing redundant.

If they're allowing those pods to sit nearer to each other, you don't have to have each seat 3 spots away.

40%+ capacity seemed doable but ultimately they have people far more versed on this doing the math so I have a hard time being too aggressively pissed off about it.

BWillie
08-17-2020, 03:33 PM

How big do you think a seat is? 22% sounds like way more than I thought they would do. I figured 10% would be what they were shooting for. It's all for show though.

O.city
08-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Hell if i know. I dont' understand why you couldn't do alot more and mask everyone up.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Anyone not a season ticket holder is gonna be impossible to go to a game. Especially with season ticket holders not being allowed to sell their seats

Red Dawg
08-17-2020, 03:45 PM
Better than nothing.

Not much.

RunKC
08-17-2020, 03:50 PM
Hell if i know. I dont' understand why you couldn't do alot more and mask everyone up.

I wonder if they will try to put those plastic barriers up in the stands to separate the pods. Figure that would be an extra cheap way to ease more people in.

Hopefully we got from 22% to over 50% by December.

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2020, 03:50 PM

They know that people will take off their masks after a short while. The Red Coaters would be trying to enforce mask wearing constantly...and dealing with a bunch of pissed off drunk fans.

I'm amazed they are having fans at all. I hope it works...

Megatron96
08-17-2020, 03:51 PM
My chances of seeing a game in Arrowhead this year just went down by about 100%, I'm guessing.

Thought I might've had a chance a couple months ago when I realized just how many people were so scared of the bug that they were going to stay home instead of using their tickets, but i guess it's not going to make enough of a difference.

InChiefsHeaven
08-17-2020, 03:52 PM
I wonder if they will try to put those plastic barriers up in the stands to separate the pods. Figure that would be an extra cheap way to ease more people in.

Hopefully we got from 22% to over 50% by December.

I'm not a STH and likely won't see them at Arrowhead this year. Which sucks. First time I'll miss my Pilgrimage to Arrowhead in like 15 years.

BWillie
08-17-2020, 03:54 PM
People with Chiefs tickets are going to get MURR-DURRED for they tickets. They are going to be so scare. Hide yo children, hide yo tickets.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2020, 03:58 PM
People with Chiefs tickets are going to get MURR-DURRED for they tickets. They are going to be so scare. Hide yo children, hide yo tickets.

STHs can’t resell. So this is probably true 😂

tatorhog
08-17-2020, 03:59 PM
They know that people will take off their masks after a short while. The Red Coaters would be trying to enforce mask wearing constantly...and dealing with a bunch of pissed off drunk fans.

I'm amazed they are having fans at all. I hope it works...

If Faucci can't be bothered to wear a mask at a game, why should anybody else?

Good for the Chiefs to get some fans in, but it'll just feel like a preseason game without the full crowd effect.

KCUnited
08-17-2020, 04:04 PM
The rest of us can protest this injustice in the lot hours before kickoff with our grills and TVs though right?

Donger
08-17-2020, 04:12 PM

How the Fan Experience is Changing

Masks will be required at all times for fans attending games at Arrowhead Stadium, with the exception of when fans are actively eating or drinking.

KurtCobain
08-17-2020, 04:14 PM

Just bought a house across the street from Blowfish so we can keep a close eye on him.

KurtCobain
08-17-2020, 04:15 PM

Masks will be required at all times for fans attending games at Arrowhead Stadium, with the exception of when fans are actively eating or drinking.

What I wonder, will it be frowned upon to spit out your drink if the Chiefs have a mind-boggling bad playcall?

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 04:28 PM
The rest of us can protest this injustice in the lot hours before kickoff with our grills and TVs though right?Heh, that's a good question. I'm wondering if they're only going to open the lot up for people with tickets.

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 04:29 PM

Masks will be required at all times for fans attending games at Arrowhead Stadium, with the exception of when fans are actively eating or drinking.Chiefs fans never stop actively drinking.

KurtCobain
08-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Heh, that's a good question. I'm wondering if they're only going to open the lot up for people with tickets.

I had thought that they already established no tailgating?

Titty Meat
08-17-2020, 04:31 PM

You'll be able to see if from the Missouri Visitors Center

Bugeater
08-17-2020, 04:38 PM
I had thought that they already established no tailgating?I hadn't heard anything, but I don't hear a lot of things.

loochy
08-17-2020, 04:45 PM

November 4th they'll announce full capacity.

loochy
08-17-2020, 04:46 PM

F that. How are we supposed to make crowd noise with mufflers on?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-17-2020, 04:51 PM
What a joke. They could do more...

BigRedChief
08-17-2020, 04:54 PM
I had thought that they already established no tailgating?

No team is allowing tailgating as far as I know. That’s what the Dolphins told me when they told me that we wouldn’t be allowed to tailgate in their lot.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
08-17-2020, 04:55 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If the Chiefs sell 16,000 tickets for the Houston game, it wouldn&#39;t be their smallest crowd at Arrowhead. They had 11,902 fans at a Dec. 1982 game against the Jets and 11,377 and a Dec. 1983 game against the Broncos</p>&mdash; Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) <a href="https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1295493602500583426?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigRedChief
08-17-2020, 05:03 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">God bless the soul of the guy enforcing the fan mask policy at Arrowhead Stadium this year.</p>&mdash; Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) <a href="https://twitter.com/mellinger/status/1295465772668669965?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJJasonp
08-17-2020, 05:05 PM
Welp - it's up to you, Season Ticket Holders, to keep the home field advantage (and avoid the SKOL embarrassment that was the Vikings game).

TwistedChief
08-17-2020, 05:13 PM
No team is allowing tailgating as far as I know. That’s what the Dolphins told me when they told me that we wouldn’t be allowed to tailgate in their lot.

From The Star:

Tickets for the initial three home games will go on sale on Aug. 24, with season-ticket members having the first chance to buy them based on tenure. They will be sold in “pods,” and fans can purchase up to six seats in one pod.

The complex will continue to allow tailgating, though guests can only tailgate with those who also have tickets in their pod, the team outlined.

Once inside the stadium, they will be greeted with “new physical distancing measures in place, including in seating areas, in areas where lines tend to form, as well as high-traffic areas.” The stadium will move to a completely cashless system, with credit and debit cards at points of sales.

All staff members will go through health screenings, including temperature checks. The “high-touch areas” will be cleaned and sanitized before, during and after each game.

The plan was developed throughout the spring and the summer with input from the team, physicians at the University of Kansas Health System, the Kansas City Health Department and the mayor’s office.

“Consistent with other Midwestern franchises, social distancing, masks, and change will be part of the experience as Kansas Citians return to the stands,” Lucas said in a statement. “I know the Chiefs Kingdom will continue to showcase its care for our community by making responsible health decisions this season — whether you’re planning on going to a game at Arrowhead Stadium or watching the game elsewhere.”

Archer, the director of the health department, said pods will be staggered throughout the stadium, with some aisles being left empty.

“We did the math, went through and figured out how many blocks of seats could be filled and that’s what we came up with,” he said.

Other precautions include spacing out tailgaters and limiting the number of people in the indoor restrooms.

“Is it a 100% foolproof from the disease spreading? No. Do we think we’ve taken a lot of precautions? Yes. Should folks that are high risk for hospitalization or death be attending? Probably not,” Archer said.

Megatron96
08-17-2020, 05:30 PM
From The Star:

Thanks for the info.

So who wants to sell me a ticket for sometime in October?:thumb:

FloridaMan88
08-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Free commemorative masks...

While fans are asked to bring their own mask to use upon entering the complex, the Chiefs will provide a commemorative mask to all fans who attend the first three games.

FloridaMan88
08-17-2020, 06:09 PM

Not sure why tailgating isn’t allowed since it is outdoor dining which is supposedly safer.

BlackOp
08-17-2020, 06:25 PM
How many players get to participate in the flag burning ceremony? Has BLM given their list of demands to the NFL yet?

Kansas City Comrades vs. the Houston Hammer and Sickles...nobody wins but everyone loses.

I heard that to "liven up halftime"...they will pick the player with the lowest internet humanitarian credit score,...and shoot him.

luv
08-17-2020, 06:31 PM
Bunch of ya'all need to click the link in the OP. The article answers about every question that's been asked on here.

TwistedChief
08-17-2020, 06:33 PM
How many players get to participate in the flag burning ceremony? Has BLM informed the NFL yet?

Kansas City Comrades vs. the Houston Hammer and Sickles...nobody wins but everyone loses.

One wonders why you felt the need to edit this masterpiece of a post.

BlackOp
08-17-2020, 06:42 PM
One wonders why you felt the need to edit this masterpiece of a post.

You all are a bunch of stiffs....:)

OrtonsPiercedTaint
08-17-2020, 06:46 PM
Now you can wish harm to Jake from State Farm. Like the rest of us

BWillie
08-17-2020, 06:52 PM
STHs can’t resell. So this is probably true 😂

Really? My buddy claimed he was a season ticket holder but he sold his Minnesota tickets last year for a pretty penny.

KCrockaholic
08-17-2020, 06:54 PM
I won't even want to go to a game if it means the atmosphere will be nonexistent. Half the fun of going is 1. The tailgating. And 2. Feeling like you're a part of the game and the rumbling atmosphere of us all united as one supporting the team. 16k people plus no tailgating, plus the mask all game. Nah. I'll stay home all year.

comochiefsfan
08-17-2020, 06:59 PM
I won't even want to go to a game if it means the atmosphere will be nonexistent. Half the fun of going is 1. The tailgating. And 2. Feeling like you're a part of the game and the rumbling atmosphere of us all united as one supporting the team. 16k people plus no tailgating, plus the mask all game. Nah. I'll stay home all year.

This. I’m willing to bet that they’ll try and discourage yelling as well.

Sitting on my hands with a muffle on my mouth isn’t my idea of an Arrowhead experience.

KCrockaholic
08-17-2020, 07:00 PM
This. I’m willing to bet that they’ll try and discourage yelling as well.

Sitting on my hands with a muffle on my mouth isn’t my idea of an Arrowhead experience.

Yup. It'll completely defeat the purpose of going to the games. Not worth my driving time up there and back plus having a D- Arrowhead experience.

jjkrueg
08-17-2020, 07:16 PM
I’ve got pretty good tenure. Got email from chiefs saying I can buy seats Monday at 10 am. But I agree, not sure I want to go with what I’m afraid won’t be much of an atmosphere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

displacedinMN
08-17-2020, 07:35 PM

Sounds like the amount for NW/PSU games. Maybe a little smaller for some.

Will everyone be distanced?

Chiefs Pantalones
08-17-2020, 07:57 PM
If anyone wants to sell me two tickets, my PMs are open 👊🏻

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
08-17-2020, 07:58 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank God ����...<br>I need the fans <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a>! <a href="https://t.co/Y2OFN7rS96">https://t.co/Y2OFN7rS96</a></p>&mdash; Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) <a href="https://twitter.com/StoneColdJones/status/1295480998088585218?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gravedigger
08-17-2020, 08:11 PM
Neither team will have much of a home field advantage, neither team will have Deandre Hopkins, take the field, let the best team without Deandre Hopkins win.

Strongside
08-17-2020, 08:16 PM
Shit, I'm on year 8, and my presale date isn't until next Friday the 28th. No way I'm getting in.

08-17-2020, 08:30 PM
Shit, I'm on year 8, and my presale date isn't until next Friday the 28th. No way I'm getting in.

Year three and Saturday the 29th

Strongside
08-17-2020, 08:31 PM
Y'know...I hadn't thought of this, but...

This virus, obviously, tends to effect the older populations more than the younger.

It makes sense, then, that we'd encourage our older folks who have a longer tenure as season ticket holders to go to an NFL game by giving them priority access to tickets.

I'm being facetious, of course...but the fact that there are going to be a ton of older folks in the stands because of this methodology is a little scary.

KCrockaholic
08-17-2020, 08:34 PM

This virus, obviously, tends to effect the older populations more than the younger.

It makes sense, then, that we'd encourage our older folks who have a longer tenure as season ticket holders to go to an NFL game by giving them priority access to tickets.

I'm being facetious, of course...but the fact that there are going to be a ton of older folks in the stands because of this methodology is a little scary.

Similar to sending sick patients into nursing homes, oh.

mlyonsd
08-17-2020, 08:42 PM

I'm being facetious, of course...but the fact that there are going to be a ton of older folks in the stands because of this methodology is a little scary.There really isn't a more fair way that I can think of. We had pre-ordered raider game tickets and my daughter was going to fly up from Florida but we get it. Those that have paid thru the pain while I watch it free should get the first shot.

Strongside
08-17-2020, 08:45 PM
There really isn't a more fair way that I can think of. We had pre-ordered raider game tickets and my daughter was going to fly up from Florida but we get it. Those that have paid thru the pain while I watch it free should get the first shot.

Oh, I absolutely agree. There isn't a fair way to do it aside from seniority.

Unfortunately, many of our longest tenured STMs are also the most at-risk members of the fan base.

mlyonsd
08-17-2020, 08:49 PM
Oh, I absolutely agree. There isn't a fair way to do it aside from seniority.

Unfortunately, many of our longest tenured STMs are also the most at-risk members of the fan base.
And I get your point. Hopefully everything works out and everyone stays safe. We can go next year.

wazu
08-17-2020, 09:04 PM
My presale date is Wednesday, 8/26. That’s with roughly 20 years of having season tickets. Doubt I’ll have a shot at the opener but maybe the Patriots.

backinblack
08-17-2020, 09:10 PM
Get your Chiefs tickets right heeere for $37,000 a piece. Only $29,000 per ticket vs Oakland!

hope you ain't buying tickets for a game vs Oakland, them's fraudulent son.

Chiefshrink
08-17-2020, 09:40 PM
What's the point then. 22% :shake: Those are probably Chiefs training camp numbers.

Frazod
08-17-2020, 09:49 PM
What's the point then. 22% :shake: Those are probably Chiefs training camp numbers.

Seriously. What a crock of shit. 4321

Chiefshrink
08-17-2020, 09:58 PM
Seriously. What a crock of shit. 4321

Yep !!

CHENZ A!
08-17-2020, 10:12 PM
That’s got to be one of the earliest times. What year did you get tickets?

I’ve got pretty good tenure. Got email from chiefs saying I can buy seats Monday at 10 am. But I agree, not sure I want to go with what I’m afraid won’t be much of an atmosphere.

scho63
08-18-2020, 01:57 AM
Looks like I'll be waiting one more year to see Patrick Mahomes live.

Fucking Chinese Flu!!!

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 03:56 AM
That’s got to be one of the earliest times. What year did you get tickets?

This is year 31.

CHENZ A!
08-18-2020, 05:35 AM
This is year 31.

🤔 we’ve had them consecutively since 1979 but our time isn’t until 2:00PM Monday. Are your seats club level or suite tickets? I wonder if that’s the difference

BigRedChief
08-18-2020, 05:45 AM
🤔 we’ve had them consecutively since 1979 but our time isn’t until 2:00PM Monday. Are your seats club level or suite tickets? I wonder if that’s the differencethe 80's were brutal.:(

threebag
08-18-2020, 06:23 AM
Better start learning the words to the new Anthem and bring your carpet to kneel on.

Armyofme
08-18-2020, 06:28 AM
It would probably be a logistical nightmare, but why not only allow STHs the ability to buy into one of the first three games for a short period of time? That would allow more people the opportunity to get an early game in.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 06:29 AM
[emoji848] we’ve had them consecutively since 1979 but our time isn’t until 2:00PM Monday. Are your seats club level or suite tickets? I wonder if that’s the difference

Nope, lower bowl sideline. I agree that doesn’t make sense that I would be ahead of you. I wonder if number of seats matter? I have 8 on my account but 4 of them have only been on my account for about 5 years.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 06:33 AM
It would probably be a logistical nightmare, but why not only allow STHs the ability to buy into one of the first three games for a short period of time? That would allow more people the opportunity to get an early game in.

That’s essentially what’s happening. My window opens Monday at 10 am but as more people get their windows open the inventory will go away so I will only have a short time to buy. But I also like that they are limiting how many we can buy and that we can’t resell them. This eliminates STH from gobbling up bunches then putting em on stubhub etc.

I personally will probably only buy the opener. I’m not sure if the atmosphere will be worth spending the money (keep in mind STH have paid for 2020 tickets back in February so this will be above and beyond that) plus I have a 3 hour drive.

luv
08-18-2020, 07:29 AM
Really? My buddy claimed he was a season ticket holder but he sold his Minnesota tickets last year for a pretty penny.

Normally, you can. This year, they're selling pods instead of individual tickets, and the pods are not transferable.

luv
08-18-2020, 07:32 AM
This is our second year being STM's, and our time is 8/31 at noon. Majority of our tailgate crew has times on the 26th, one at noon, one at 4pm and my dad is 6pm. I told my dad that, unless it's the home opener, not to count us in the two pods they're going to try to get to cover our usual Springfield group.

luv
08-18-2020, 07:40 AM
This year's experience is going to be different. Not sure how this is going to be done, but you're also assigned parking and stadium gates based on where your seats are located.

https://www.chiefs.com/stadium/parking/zones/

dirk digler
08-18-2020, 07:46 AM
That’s essentially what’s happening. My window opens Monday at 10 am but as more people get their windows open the inventory will go away so I will only have a short time to buy. But I also like that they are limiting how many we can buy and that we can’t resell them. This eliminates STH from gobbling up bunches then putting em on stubhub etc.

I personally will probably only buy the opener. I’m not sure if the atmosphere will be worth spending the money (keep in mind STH have paid for 2020 tickets back in February so this will be above and beyond that) plus I have a 3 hour drive.

It seems to me if you paid already for season tickets why you can't use that money to purchase these tickets.

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 07:51 AM
Should folks that are high risk for hospitalization or death be attending? Probably not,” Archer said.

I had to shake my head at this, only because it appeared necessary to point out.

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 07:52 AM
It seems to me if you paid already for season tickets why you can't use that money to purchase these tickets.

You had the option for a refund or put the money towards 2021.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 07:52 AM

I think you can but my seats cost me $139 each. They’ve already said they are pricing this year at “dynamic pricing” which is what they do for single game tickets in normal years. Based on that I’m guessing seats in the lower bowl sidelines will be well over $200 each.

backinblack
08-18-2020, 07:54 AM
So are the Chiefs the only team allowing fans so far? Saw this morning that the Bears aren't allowing fans.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 07:55 AM

That’s what I did, put it towards 2021 but the email sent yesterday sounded like you could use that money now towards this years pods.

luv
08-18-2020, 07:56 AM

You can also use it as credit for tickets this year. Whatever you use this year, you'll owe come time to purchase next year's tickets.

CHENZ A!
08-18-2020, 08:58 AM
Where is everyone getting that you can’t sell the tickets? The email only mentions selling of “partial pods” is prohibited.

CHENZ A!
08-18-2020, 09:00 AM
the 80's were brutal.:(

For real. Luckily I was too young to truly realize it. Pops on the other hand really showed some loyalty during those years.

wazu
08-18-2020, 09:30 AM
So are the Chiefs the only team allowing fans so far? Saw this morning that the Bears aren't allowing fans.

Reports are trickling in. I think the Cowboys are gonna have fans. Just saw Titans won't. It seems silly to me that anybody with an outdoor stadium can't figure it out.

Bowser
08-18-2020, 09:46 AM
Blowfish better end up with the best available pod open to STH's. He's the very definition of the fan who has been there through the thick and the thin.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 09:55 AM
Where is everyone getting that you can’t sell the tickets? The email only mentions selling of “partial pods” is prohibited.

I read back thru and I think you are correct. I guess you could buy a full pod and try to resell a full pod but I doubt much of that will happen, at least I’m hoping it doesn’t.

Rain Man
08-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Is it 22 percent by weight or by head count? I could see this being a great community weight-loss effort.

Mecca
08-18-2020, 09:57 AM
Bears also won't have fans...

This shit is blowing up in some social media spots of people saying "this is a great look for the league, season opener in KC with fans, way to look like dipshits"

KChiefs1
08-18-2020, 09:59 AM

More than the Chiefs had in attendance in the 80’s.

FloridaMan88
08-18-2020, 10:06 AM

This shit is blowing up in some social media spots of people saying "this is a great look for the league, season opener in KC with fans, way to look like dipshits"

Most of those social media dumbshits want football/sports shutdown until 2030 so who cares.

Rain Man
08-18-2020, 10:08 AM
More than the Chiefs had in attendance in the 80’s.

I remember watching the last game of the season during some year in the late 70s to mid-80s, and the announcers were sadly announcing the attendance on a really cold day. I think it was over 10,000, but not by much. At the time, I'd never attended a game, and it made me sad that there were empty seats when people like me would have loved to go, even on a cold day in a bad season.

cosmo20002
08-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Anyone not a season ticket holder is gonna be impossible to go to a game. Especially with season ticket holders not being allowed to sell their seats

Within 10 minutes of getting my STH e-mail from the Chiefs, I got an e-mail from Ticket For Less about how to reserve tickets.

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 10:15 AM

You sure do obsess over what other fans thinks.

TwistedChief
08-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Within 10 minutes of getting my STH e-mail from the Chiefs, I got an e-mail from Ticket For Less about how to reserve tickets.

That's not exactly accurate. They're offering:

Place a refundable $100 deposit toward tickets today to lock in your game!
Your deposit is fully refundable if the games are canceled, played without fans or if you're unable to purchase in the price range/location you'd like
Your $100 per game deposit gives you the opportunity to purchase multiple tickets for the game(s) of your choice, subject to availability
Earliest deposits receive first priority!
As the season nears our staff will call you to discuss seat locations based on your priority date of deposit

It sounds like they're just attempting to lock people in, and then if they fail to secure tickets, they just refund the money. I don't sense they have any clue how this is going to work.

gblowfish
08-18-2020, 10:22 AM
Just bought a house across the street from Blowfish so we can keep a close eye on him.

Curiously, the house across the street from me was just bought on the courthouse steps because its owner died a couple years ago and his family didn't pay property taxes on it. Welcome to the neighborhood. Now, mow that grass please!

gblowfish
08-18-2020, 10:27 AM
For me and Mrs B, we're happy just applying our money to 2021, with a hope that things will normalize by then. We have no idea where we would be seated if we opted to go this year. I think tickets will still cost what they normally do, and you're not getting a real Arrowhead experience in this situation. Tailgates will be restricted. Crowd will be like a 1984 Game with maybe 15,000 people in the stands. And TV is so much better now. I have a 75" Hi Def TV in the living room, and it's going to be something I have to consider for the long term as I get older and trips to Arrowhead get more and more expensive, crowded and rowdy. I'm already decided to always sell my December regular season games because I just can't do sub freezing weather for four or five hours anymore. I just turned 61. As far as the Arrowhead Experience, it's gone full bucket list for me with them finally winning an AFC Championship game at home. Nothing left to experience, so I can stop worrying about perfect attendance awards.

Mecca
08-18-2020, 10:34 AM
You sure do obsess over what other fans thinks.

Actually some of them were Chiefs fans that weren't thrilled about it. Thinking it makes us look bad.

RunKC
08-18-2020, 10:38 AM
Actually some of them were Chiefs fans that weren't thrilled about it. Thinking it makes us look bad.

It’s an outdoor stadium with roughly 16k fans. We know there will be a ton of planning to keep people safe.

If people are safely distanced then what’s the problem?

O.city
08-18-2020, 10:46 AM
They’re outside

Who cares

KCrockaholic
08-18-2020, 10:49 AM
Be scared of the virus forever. At least until there's a mandatory vaccine. Live in fear.

CasselGotPeedOn
08-18-2020, 11:00 AM

No one is forcing you to go to the games, pussy.

ILChief
08-18-2020, 11:11 AM
Be scared of the virus forever. At least until there's a mandatory vaccine. Live in fear.

When there is a vaccine then open up. If people choose not to get it and get sick, that’s on them

Luke42_02
08-18-2020, 11:12 AM

To give you perspective, I am in year 12 and I only get to go one day before you on Thursday. I think we have a pretty good chance. 80% of Packers season ticket holders took the refund. There won’t be too many who want to go to these games.

wazu
08-18-2020, 11:28 AM

I'm looking at Twitter and not seeing this. Maybe the problem is that you follow a bunch of whiney bitches.

jjkrueg
08-18-2020, 11:31 AM
To give you perspective, I am in year 12 and I only get to go one day before you on Thursday. I think we have a pretty good chance. 80% of Packers season ticket holders took the refund. There won’t be too many who want to go to these games.

Well I’m going to try and buy a pod for my normal group so I’ll have an idea on Monday how fast they’re going and report back. Hopefully as many people get a chance as possible. I know I’ll probably only buy one game so the other 2 that are available might have more openings.

Blick
08-18-2020, 11:40 AM
My dad is in year 31. He rolled the money over to next year but he just sent me the email today from the Chiefs. He's reconsidering now. It could be interesting to see where we could get seats.

JakeF
08-18-2020, 11:50 AM
Tickets won't make it through the season ticket holders.

wazu
08-18-2020, 11:51 AM
Tickets won't make it through the season ticket holders.

Correct. I'm sure there will be plenty for sale at $800+ each on Stubhub, though.

JakeF
08-18-2020, 11:52 AM
Correct. I'm sure there will be plenty for sale at $800+ each on Stubhub, though.
Yea, some season ticket holders just have them to make money.

luv
08-18-2020, 12:01 PM

From my understanding, they're not selling individual seats. They're selling pods. A pod cannot be split. I believe the minimum number in a pod is 4. If someone is selling their pod for $800, then that's probably not a bad deal, all things considered. :)

luv
08-18-2020, 12:05 PM
https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/8aSqVdYsh9bWpd_ZzCwAVRNGaBuuy-bc2bPICBOCyNJOvRuPrm_r6asS2s68MG7F0Q1uYaz-vRpnP599JTwUW_JquTWYE51oHNrrT3yE9L4RsyeiKLhBAy6TN0-tJ4HkMUUDxsKR2w6rV3c4J9WrBYjegoXBL9ed7So5p3l7gluCG1zYT7lhWf7RdQKYvc2pyOFUt-DyB0QI=s0-d-e1-ft#http://images.e.chiefs.com/EloquaImages/clients/KansasCityChiefsFootballClubInc/%7Bbb2bb49b-55de-4d58-a742-845b3a75e0e7%7D_email3.jpg

Sounds like your pod will need to enter the stadium together.

wazu
08-18-2020, 12:44 PM
From my understanding, they're not selling individual seats. They're selling pods. A pod cannot be split. I believe the minimum number in a pod is 4. If someone is selling their pod for $800, then that's probably not a bad deal, all things considered. :)

Yeah, you sell all or none. No idea what it'll be but just throwing out $800 per ticket as a ballpark. (Multiply by how many are in the "pod".) The opener could be way more since it's following a Super Bowl win.

FloridaMan88
08-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Looks like the Chiefs will also be hosting season ticket member events during training camp. Good to see them being proactive hosting fans/events rather than just shutting everything down to fans like some other teams.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We will host two STM days presented by GEHA at Arrowhead Stadium during 2020 Training Camp</p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1295760907235209221?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

luv
08-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Looking at Chiefs Pay. It's something new being introduced this year, which works with them being cashless this season. Put in a payment method, and it scans a QR bar code. You wouldn't need to present your season pass for discounts or to add points to your rewards account, because it would be added to that too.

Marcellus
08-18-2020, 01:59 PM

And then what happens?

KCrockaholic
08-18-2020, 02:10 PM
And then what happens?

Well then we look bad and some people will be unhappy. Oh no.

Bugeater
08-18-2020, 04:07 PM
They’re the defending SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Who cares

This was the appropriate response.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-18-2020, 05:32 PM
it's absolutely pathetic that outdoor stadium teams can't figure out a way to accommodate fans that want to attend games.

FloridaMan88
08-19-2020, 11:00 AM
Just an FYI for anyone who is against the Chiefs having fans in attendance at Arrowhead... your opinion is shared by the same KC Star Editorial Board who wanted Tyreek banned from the NFL and wanted Mahomes to end the tomahawk chop.

Might want to re-consider your stance.

staylor26
08-19-2020, 11:09 AM

Holy shit. You’re the biggest pussy on CP.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2020, 11:10 AM
Just an FYI for anyone who is against the Chiefs having fans in attendance at Arrowhead... your opinion is shared by the same KC Star Editorial Board who wanted Tyreek banned from the NFL and wanted Mahomes to end the tomahawk chop.

Definitely some ass hurt bitches over being allowed to attend games. They probably are the same people that have their mask half off and crowd others at the grocery store. Then pound on the keyboard to MASK UP AND STAY HOME

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2020, 11:11 AM

There's no reason at all to NOT have fans

Deberg_1990
08-19-2020, 11:15 AM
MLS is allowing fans in the stands now. Where’s the outrage?

TwistedChief
08-19-2020, 11:15 AM

I'm not against it per se, but I don't think it's remotely necessary. And the KC Star in their op-ed makes the following point which I find is pretty much impossible to disagree with:

Sports are an important part of our lives, but they are not essential. Allowing spectators to watch games in person will slow progress in the battle against the coronavirus. That, in turn, will lead to more sickness while delaying the day the nation returns to normal.

O.city
08-19-2020, 11:17 AM
I'm not against it per se, but I don't think it's remotely necessary. And the KC Star in their op-ed makes the following point which I find is pretty much impossible to disagree with:

Not to off topic this, but if "normal" is zero infections of Sars Cov 2, well, we need to just wait until there's a viable vaccine to return to it and then it will take a while to get everyone immunized.

It's not feasible.

And sure, sports on the whole aren't necessarily essential. Don't disagree. But the people who make money from working the sport would maybe disagree.

staylor26
08-19-2020, 11:18 AM

But those same people will tell you riots/protests are fine as long as they’re outdoors and people are wearing masks. They can all go fuck themselves.

Mecca
08-19-2020, 11:19 AM
MLS is allowing fans in the stands now. Where’s the outrage?

They have like 5 fans.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2020, 11:19 AM

An argument could be made that sports is essential for the mental health of the nation.

FloridaMan88
08-19-2020, 11:21 AM
Sports are an important part of our lives, but they are not essential

Tell all of the people who are employed directly/indirectly by sports... including stadium workers, local businesses that benefit from when the Chiefs play home games that sports are not “essential”.

Ironic for the KC Star to say that when their bankrupt enterprise also benefits greatly from the web traffic/content generated by the Chiefs/sports.

TwistedChief
08-19-2020, 11:25 AM
An argument could be made that sports is essential for the mental health of the nation.

I fully agree with the restart of sports to help the mental health of the nation. 100%. Some level of risk obviously goes into re-starting these sports and that has a tangible and positive impact on our collective psyches.

But going to a game? How is that necessary? Yes, it's superficially good from an income perspective for the people who work at stadiums, but if that's the low bar, you can argue virtually any and every profession is essential.

As for the protests, well, those sorts of things aren't business decisions mapped out in the same way. I fully understand how some feel like those are hypocritical, but I don't think that really has any bearing on whether there should be spectators at a sporting event. They both may just be wrong.

Just my opinions.

staylor26
08-19-2020, 11:28 AM
They have like 5 fans.

So will the Chiefs after those evil bastards put fans in the stands, right?

O.city
08-19-2020, 11:33 AM
I fully agree with the restart of sports to help the mental health of the nation. 100%. Some level of risk obviously goes into re-starting these sports and that has a tangible and positive impact on our collective psyches.

But going to a game? How is that necessary? Yes, it's superficially good from an income perspective for the people who work at stadiums, but if that's the low bar, you can argue virtually any and every profession is essential.

As for the protests, well, those sorts of things aren't business decisions mapped out in the same way. I fully understand how some feel like those are hypocritical, but I don't think that really has any bearing on whether there should be spectators at a sporting event. They both may just be wrong.

Just my opinions.

I agree with these opinions.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2020, 11:37 AM

Just my opinions.

Understand. But if it’s allowed by the local government and the Chiefs follow all the appropriate procedures, I’m ok with it.

I personally wouldn’t attend though.

staylor26
08-19-2020, 11:42 AM
Understand. But if it’s allowed by the local government and the Chiefs follow all the appropriate procedures, I’m ok with it.

I personally wouldn’t attend though.

This is the most reasonable way to look at it. I’m just sick of people telling others what they can/can’t do. If you don’t want to go then don’t go, but if it’s going to be allowed and people choose to go shut the fuck up about it.

Discuss Thrower
08-19-2020, 11:44 AM
I don't get anywhere near the same level of enjoyment watching broadcasts of baseball and hockey games since they've returned without spectators.

redfan
08-19-2020, 11:49 AM
**Call your doctor if your football boner lasts more than 4 months.

luv
08-19-2020, 12:48 PM
I decided to go to training camp. 500 rewards points to get a 4-seat pod and parking pass. I don't figure they're letting as many people in, and I'm not planning on going to a game this season, so it's just an opportunity to visit Arrowhead and at least see players live. Judge all you want, but I'm taking my 4-year old. It's an opportunity for him to see where mommy and daddy go to watch Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs play. He will be masked up just like everyone else. Plus, it's a practice, so it's not like we have to stay long.

Marcellus
08-19-2020, 12:51 PM

Always has been.

His comments about what he says other fans are saying or are thinking is really just him projecting his own feelings. Its kind of like saying "asking for a friend".

I mean who really gives a fuck what fans of other teams think? We just won the fucking Super Bowl and are the favorites again this year.

Marcellus
08-19-2020, 12:52 PM
I decided to go to training camp. 500 rewards points to get a 4-seat pod and parking pass. I don't figure they're letting as many people in, and I'm not planning on going to a game this season, so it's just an opportunity to visit Arrowhead and at least see players live. Judge all you want, but I'm taking my 4-year old. It's an opportunity for him to see where mommy and daddy go to watch Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs play. He will be masked up just like everyone else. Plus, it's a practice, so it's not like we have to stay long.

I think that's awesome. :clap:

Demonpenz
08-19-2020, 12:58 PM
They will pull back to zero eventually.

staylor26
08-19-2020, 01:25 PM
Always has been.

His comments about what he says other fans are saying or are thinking is really just him projecting his own feelings. Its kind of like saying "asking for a friend".

I mean who really gives a fuck what fans of other teams think? We just won the fucking Super Bowl and are the favorites again this year.

LMAO

He does pull the “well people are saying” thing A LOT. It’s fucking weird.

cosmo20002
08-19-2020, 03:09 PM

STHs can’t resell. So this is probably true ��

Normally, you can. This year, they're selling pods instead of individual tickets, and the pods are not transferable.

I don't see where anyone is getting the idea that the tickets can't be resold. Where did that come from?

If someone buys a "pod" of 4 or whatever, they will likely have to resell in that same amount, but I fully expect to see listings on Stubhub and the rest.

So, this does increase the chances of non-STH getting tickets, but they'll just be at Stubhub prices. But it sucks for STH with medium seniority who are likely to see the good seats they have been buying for 20 years weren't available on the pre-sale but are available on Stubhub. And of course, the NFL runs its own resale website.

eDave
08-19-2020, 03:15 PM

What the hell is this supposed to mean?

Mecca
08-19-2020, 03:27 PM
What the hell is this supposed to mean?

It means that if you don't like something someone said once, you can never agree with them ever.

SuperBowl4
08-19-2020, 03:30 PM
Why not 23% capacity?33.3% would be ideal

eDave
08-19-2020, 03:32 PM
33.3% would be ideal

My thought as well. Anybody done the math? Saw a post earlier suggesting every 3rd seat.

RunKC
08-19-2020, 03:34 PM
Always has been.

I mean who really gives a **** what fans of other teams think? We just won the ****ing Super Bowl and are the favorites again this year.

Probably why Mecca is so burnt out. It’s gotta be exhausting constantly doing this stuff.

kcxiv
08-19-2020, 04:58 PM
I don't get anywhere near the same level of enjoyment watching broadcasts of baseball and hockey games since they've returned without spectators.

i thought i would as well, but after afew weeks, i dont even care anymore, i mena it would be nice if fans could attend, but in the end, it does not make me enjoy it more or less, well maybe a bit more only in the sense that i could hear the players dropping F bombs alot lol makes me laugh.

jjkrueg
08-19-2020, 05:08 PM
I don't see where anyone is getting the idea that the tickets can't be resold. Where did that come from?

If someone buys a "pod" of 4 or whatever, they will likely have to resell in that same amount, but I fully expect to see listings on Stubhub and the rest.

So, this does increase the chances of non-STH getting tickets, but they'll just be at Stubhub prices. But it sucks for STH with medium seniority who are likely to see the good seats they have been buying for 20 years weren't available on the pre-sale but are available on Stubhub. And of course, the NFL runs its own resale website.

It sounds like they can be resold but I have a feeling prices may hinder that which is fine with me. My seats in section 117 cost me $146 each. I talked to a ticket rep today just to get a feel for what prices may be come Monday. They wouldn’t say other than most season ticket holders are going to be surprised how much more they’ll cost vs buying in the package. I’m expecting $250 a piece. But if I’m lucky enough to get a pod I won’t be selling them.

CHENZ A!
08-20-2020, 08:26 AM
Our season tickets are lower level sideline. I talked to a ticket rep yesterday, and she said while she couldn’t give exact prices she had heard that opening night would be in the $200-$700 range. They’re obviously trying to cut out the secondary market, but in doing so probably pricing out a lot of people from getting comparable seats

luv
08-20-2020, 08:45 AM
Our season tickets are lower level sideline. I talked to a ticket rep yesterday, and she said while she couldn’t give exact prices she had heard that opening night would be in the $200-$700 range. They’re obviously trying to cut out the secondary market, but in doing so probably pricing out a lot of people from getting comparable seats

I had heard from someone who called that the $200 per seat would be upper level. Those around the 50 yard line would start at about $650 each. So, a pod of four could be $800-$2600 depending on where you're at. Plus, that's the home opener. I'm sure the other two games won't cost as much. If they were the same, you'd be looking at $2400 for four people to go to the first three games, and those aren't going to be premium location seats.

Plus, you'll have to buy parking, and the parking and entry structure looks pretty rigid, too.

CHENZ A!
08-20-2020, 09:39 AM
She said that hopefully season ticket holders would realize how good of a deal they get in a normal year with the lower prices and same seats every game... I was like sure that makes sense, buuuuut there were also a lot of seasons where people could buy $25 tickets the day of the game and we paid full price for those. Not to mention paying for 2 preseason games every year.

TwistedChief
08-24-2020, 09:30 AM
I got this from a high priority STH in 119 this morning:

From what I saw first 10 rows are empty all isle seats are empty then it rotates every 4. The prices for 119 were $560 a ticket 😳, the gold ring 700-800 and nose bleed 200-300 a seat. They "say" absolutely no resale.

He decided to pass on his ticket allotment given the above.

luv
08-24-2020, 09:33 AM

Was just searching for this thread to see if anyone had heard prices yet. The first one in our usual crew from Springfield doesn't get the opportunity until Wednesday at noon.

Bowser
08-24-2020, 09:38 AM

Ridiculous. Like Blowfish said, I have a damn fine HD big screen at my place.

Kman34
08-24-2020, 10:09 AM
The line to get into the stadium is going to be incredible... Social distancing, people bitching, you would have to get in line at 9am maybe for a noon game.. Not worth it to me..

luv
08-24-2020, 10:31 AM
People on a Facebook group I'm in are completely freaking out. The cheapest they saw for the opener was $210 for tickets 4 rows from the top of the upper level. She said the other two games averaged about double of normal face value.

tk13
08-24-2020, 11:34 AM
We're Super Bowl champs. Tickets were already going to be outrageous. Probably even more so now because getting into a game is going to be an exclusive thing.

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 11:35 AM
I’m tomorrow at 10 am but based on what I’m hearing I’ll probably pass. I see someone already has 3 different pods for the opener listed on ticket exchange for over $1200 each seat in pods of 4. I’m not paying $200 plus for nose bleed seats.

luv
08-24-2020, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if it's because they're women, but, holy shit, you should see the bitching going on in a Facebook group I'm in. They think they should be able to get their regular seats for their regular price.

Discuss Thrower
08-24-2020, 12:15 PM
Karens gonna Karen.

cosmo20002
08-24-2020, 12:23 PM
Asking your STH to pay double the "regular" face value is pretty outrageous. I guess they decided to gouge their best customers.

Demonpenz
08-24-2020, 12:27 PM
it would be different if the chiefs were out signing Free Agents with the cash, but they are just sitting on their ass while clowney and Thomas are out there

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 12:35 PM
Asking your STH to pay double the "regular" face value is pretty outrageous. I guess they decided to gouge their best customers.

Honestly I expected to pay a hefty premium. But my season tickets in 117 are $146. I could live with $250 or so but if reports are accurate and it’s over $500 that is ridiculous. That’s over triple.

KCUnited
08-24-2020, 12:37 PM
Your choice to be a fan

SuperBowl4
08-24-2020, 12:42 PM
The line to get into the stadium is going to be incredible... Social distancing, people bitching, you would have to get in line at 9am maybe for a noon game.. Not worth it to me..Plus you might miss all the players kneeling for the National Anthem

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2020, 01:13 PM
Completely ridiculous.

luv
08-24-2020, 01:40 PM
Honestly I expected to pay a hefty premium. But my season tickets in 117 are $146. I could live with $250 or so but if reports are accurate and it’s over $500 that is ridiculous. That’s over triple.

You're in the wrong mindset. You don't own those seats this year. No one does. The only thing being a STM does is give you the opportunity to purchase tickets first, and not YOUR tickets first. Supply and demand. Supply is very, very low, while demand is probably the highest it's been since 1970 after they won their first Super Bowl. What does low supply and high demand do?

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 02:30 PM
You're in the wrong mindset. You don't own those seats this year. No one does. The only thing being a STM does is give you the opportunity to purchase tickets first, and not YOUR tickets first. Supply and demand. Supply is very, very low, while demand is probably the highest it's been since 1970 after they won their first Super Bowl. What does low supply and high demand do?

You are correct and time will tell if the demand is there. I’m just not sure there is that kind of demand at those prices. I’m not saying they owe me the right to buy them cheap, I just think they may be overshooting their market a little. To be determined.....

Titty Meat
08-24-2020, 02:35 PM
Your choice to be a fan

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 02:59 PM
Your choice to be a fan

Guess I don’t understand your point. What does buying a $500 ticket to a game have to do with being a fan?

Dayze
08-24-2020, 03:01 PM
it's a Carl Petersen-ism, if I recall.

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 03:03 PM
Haha. I forgot that one. Funny!!! Now I get it.

CHENZ A!
08-24-2020, 03:07 PM
I got a pod of 4. First game only. Listed them for an obscene amount. We’ll see what happens.

luv
08-24-2020, 03:08 PM
I got a pod of 4. First game only. Listed them for an obscene amount. We’ll see what happens.

You're reselling them?

cosmo20002
08-24-2020, 03:14 PM

I think everyone knows how supply and demand works and who really owns the tickets.
But there's something to be said for treating your best customers right and not dicking them over, and maybe after 20, 30, 40 years of buying season tickets, expecting not to get dicked over.

STH already paid for their tickets. Then they were taken away because of covid, and yes it is an unprecedented situation. But they could have made those seats available back to the STH at the regular STH prices. Or even regular face value. But triple the price?

Sure, they have a right to do it, but should they? That's the point.

CHENZ A!
08-24-2020, 03:17 PM
You're reselling them?

If I get my price, absolutely.

Discuss Thrower
08-24-2020, 03:21 PM
I'd guess the amount of fans with more than 20 years of "seniority" is less than 40% of the total amount of all STHs.. so I don't think Mark Donovan is too concerned about alienating whatever diehards outlasted the Herm and Pioli eras.

wazu
08-24-2020, 03:23 PM
If I get my price, absolutely.

Where are you selling them? Stubhub says "no tickets".

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 03:24 PM
I think everyone knows how supply and demand works and who really owns the tickets.
But there's something to be said for treating your best customers right and not dicking them over, and maybe after 20, 30, 40 years of buying season tickets, expecting not to get dicked over.

STH already paid for their tickets. Then they were taken away because of covid, and yes it is an unprecedented situation. But they could have made those seats available back to the STH at the regular STH prices. Or even regular face value. But triple the price?

Sure, they have a right to do it, but should they? That's the point.

Yeah, it's completely price gouging at that point... and being able to find ~17k people who are willing to pay those prices doesn't take away from the fact they're bending you over and taking advantage of the situation as much as they can to make a buck.

It's not like those fans who can afford it (or want to pay it) have other options when it comes to watching the SB Champs in person, and it's not like the Chiefs or NFL will go out of business if they don't charge $500/ticket/game.

wazu
08-24-2020, 03:30 PM
Did all of you people who are really upset about these prices also feel completely screwed over by the high price of Superbowl tickets?

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 03:31 PM

3 pods already on NFL Ticket Exchange. $1250 per ticket last I looked.

jjkrueg
08-24-2020, 03:32 PM
Did all of you people who are really upset about these prices also feel completely screwed over by the high price of Superbowl tickets?

Face value and secondary market prices are 2 very different thing IMO.

CHENZ A!
08-24-2020, 03:35 PM

Ticketmaster

RunKC
08-24-2020, 03:37 PM
Dolphins are doing the same plan we are and explained it on their twitter. This is a good plan for fans IMO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Upon arrival, fans will have staggered gate entry with entry times listed on their game ticket. Tickets are touchless entry. <a href="https://t.co/m91gfXCzbC">pic.twitter.com/m91gfXCzbC</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891974830325761?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">New walk through metal detectors have been installed to allow fans to keep all items in their pockets for faster entry. <a href="https://t.co/rkzC1bFVMH">pic.twitter.com/rkzC1bFVMH</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891979389538305?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All fans will have the option to order food through the Dolphins app and receive SMS notifications when their order is ready to be picked up. <a href="https://t.co/6Ebr0sq1eW">pic.twitter.com/6Ebr0sq1eW</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891985282551808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To ensure social distancing in the seating bowl, <a href="https://twitter.com/HardRockStadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HardRockStadium</a> now has socially distanced seating clusters. <a href="https://t.co/s8v7o1mLU3">pic.twitter.com/s8v7o1mLU3</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891990051397634?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">All restrooms in <a href="https://twitter.com/HardRockStadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HardRockStadium</a> now have contactless toilets and faucets. <a href="https://t.co/G77k8JfRXd">pic.twitter.com/G77k8JfRXd</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891994530873345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">At the conclusion of each event at <a href="https://twitter.com/HardRockStadium?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@HardRockStadium</a>, ushers will release individual rows to help ensure social distancing. <a href="https://t.co/H7jshNXRA5">pic.twitter.com/H7jshNXRA5</a></p>&mdash; Miami Dolphins (@MiamiDolphins) <a href="https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1297891996565151745?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 04:48 PM

Why are we comparing regular season games with the Super Bowl?

And yeah, I would feel completely screwed over if I paid $10k or whatever it was for a pair of SB tickets.... I'd much rather spend 30 times less than that on an AFCCG and get the Arrowhead atmosphere.

sedated
08-24-2020, 04:59 PM
Face value and secondary market prices are 2 very different thing IMO.

Why? I don't have a side because I rarely pay the prices for big events anymore, but why should the source of the tickets be capped while someone who scoops up tickets only to flip them for a profit can make huge profits?

08-24-2020, 05:23 PM

Chiefs should have gotten to the superbowl before ticket prices went insane 15 years ago. ;)

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 05:25 PM
What if you have to take a dump at the stadium? Is there an ap that will wipe your ass for you so it is a contactless transaction?

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 05:29 PM
Sitting out at the stadium with a mask on totally sucked. If you hestitated 20 seconds before picking up your drink with your mask off- they came around and gave you a stern warning. Mask police hovered around at all times waiting to pounce.

stevieray
08-24-2020, 05:31 PM
Sitting out at the stadium with a mask on totally sucked. If you hestitated 20 seconds before picking up your drink with your mask off- they came around and gave you a stern warning. Mask police hovered around at all times waiting to pounce.

They've been that way since the remodel.

It's like a correctional facility now.

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 05:33 PM
Why? I don't have a side because I rarely pay the prices for big events anymore, but why should the source of the tickets be capped while someone who scoops up tickets only to flip them for a profit can make huge profits?

Because the cash cow monopoly that is the NFL is setting the market for tickets. In a perfect world, it's not just about money, but also keeping customers happy and not squeezing them for extra cash every chance you get just because you can.

Yeah, you could say the Chiefs are meeting the demand for tickets, but they're also pissing off customers who have had a blind loyalty for years by price gouging for every dollar possible.

If some guy down the street in March started selling toilet paper for $20/roll, would you care? What about if every business in the city came together and WalMart, Costco, etc; all started charging $20/roll? Would you care then?

KCUnited
08-24-2020, 05:37 PM
It’s almost like we’re not in a disease driven recession

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 05:39 PM

:D

This is exactly how we felt walking into Arrowheadead saturday. They only lacked a line of German Sheppard dogs barking at you as you came in.

wazu
08-24-2020, 06:17 PM
The Chiefs just brought KC a Superbowl Championship. They are one of what...5 teams even trying to open the season with fans in the stands? And I'm sure the cost of operations for a 22% full stadium during COVID is considerable. Demand is through the roof so rather than have scalpers make all the money they upped the price themselves. Sounds fair to me.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2020, 06:20 PM
From MMQB this morning:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/08/24/covid-19-false-positives-trial-run-sam-darnold-joe-judge

The pictures of Chiefs fans without masks at Saturday’s stadium practice were not well-received among other NFL teams. “They couldn’t even be bothered to do it there, huh?” said one team official, miffed that fans wouldn’t just reflexively know what the right thing to do in that situation would be.

And these teams aren’t angry because of any of the silliness that ensues on Twitter over these things. They’re upset because they see this as a bad sign as to their ability to put fans in the stands at some point this fall/winter. If, say, another state’s governor looks at this, what will he or she think? That it’ll be different when the local team tries to bring fans in?

Or that, considering everything, it’s pretty unlikely that fans will take the precautions they need to in order to protect the larger ecosystem? I’d think it’d be the latter. So if you’re a fan, and want to go to games in the fall, I’d suggest wearing a mask to any event like the one the Chiefs held this weekend.

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 06:28 PM
The Chiefs just brought KC a Superbowl Championship. They are one of what...5 teams even trying to open the season with fans in the stands? And I'm sure the cost of operations for a 22% full stadium during COVID is considerable. Demand is through the roof so rather than have scalpers make all the money they upped the price themselves. Sounds fair to me.

They could just force resale on Ticketmaster for face value.

Oh wait, then Ticketmaster's 22% fees would take a hit... shit. LMAO

TwistedChief
08-24-2020, 06:41 PM
From MMQB this morning:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/08/24/covid-19-false-positives-trial-run-sam-darnold-joe-judge

The pictures of Chiefs fans without masks at Saturday’s stadium practice were not well-received among other NFL teams. “They couldn’t even be bothered to do it there, huh?” said one team official, miffed that fans wouldn’t just reflexively know what the right thing to do in that situation would be.

And these teams aren’t angry because of any of the silliness that ensues on Twitter over these things. They’re upset because they see this as a bad sign as to their ability to put fans in the stands at some point this fall/winter. If, say, another state’s governor looks at this, what will he or she think? That it’ll be different when the local team tries to bring fans in?

Or that, considering everything, it’s pretty unlikely that fans will take the precautions they need to in order to protect the larger ecosystem? I’d think it’d be the latter. So if you’re a fan, and want to go to games in the fall, I’d suggest wearing a mask to any event like the one the Chiefs held this weekend.

If these other team officials had just checked out DC, they would've known exactly how that was going to end up.

TwistedChief
08-24-2020, 06:49 PM

Exactly.

It's odd that so many of these same people complain about "socialism" yet want their tickets to be priced at a fair level available to all, as if there's not tremendous demand for a limited amount of seats to see the reigning Super Bowl champions led by Patrick fucking Mahomes in the midst of a pandemic that throws all sorts of social and sports norms out the window.

|Zach|
08-24-2020, 06:57 PM

Great to hear

Bugeater
08-24-2020, 08:54 PM
Yeah, it's completely price gouging at that point... and being able to find ~17k people who are willing to pay those prices doesn't take away from the fact they're bending you over and taking advantage of the situation as much as they can to make a buck.

It's not like those fans who can afford it (or want to pay it) have other options when it comes to watching the SB Champs in person, and it's not like the Chiefs or NFL will go out of business if they don't charge $500/ticket/game.Owners are taking massive losses this year so yeah...they're going to try to recoup anything they can.

Bugeater
08-24-2020, 08:55 PM
Great to hearFuck off.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2020, 08:56 PM
Great to hear
Fuck off.

LMAO

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 09:07 PM
If these other team officials had just checked out DC, they would've known exactly how that was going to end up.

SI is full of shit. Fans were allowed to take their mask down to eat food and to take a drink. Fans were completely spaced out in pods all across the stadium.

Figures a pos rag mag like SI would push a false narrative.

Chiefs had people all over reminding you to put your mask back on. Most everyone on the concourse wore one as well as all the employees.

Lord forbid some fans took it off so they could breath in the hot sun. :rolleyes:

Bugeater
08-24-2020, 09:11 PM
I'm trying to understand the reasoning of having to wear a mask when you're only around the same people you just tailgated with for hours without a mask and probably rode in the same car with whilst not wearing a mask as well.

BossChief
08-24-2020, 09:18 PM
Cheapest in stadium for opening night on ticketmaster is a pod of 4 in the upper deck for 1870 plus required ticket insurance bringing the total to 2010 for the set of 4.

Crazy

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 09:20 PM
Cheapest in stadium for opening night on ticketmaster is a pod of 4 in the upper deck for 1870 plus required ticket insurance bringing the total to 2010 for the set of 4.

Crazy

Oh, of course... LMAO

Bugeater
08-24-2020, 09:23 PM
Ticket insurance?

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-24-2020, 09:24 PM
I'm trying to understand the reasoning of having to wear a mask when you're only around the same people you just tailgated with for hours without a mask and probably rode in the same car with whilst not wearing a mask as well.

If you were to sneeze you could literally infect people on the other side of the stadium not to mention PMII

Bearcat
08-24-2020, 09:26 PM
Owners are taking massive losses this year so yeah...they're going to try to recoup anything they can.

Yeah, they're already in the business of raping its customers with $50 parking and $10 beer, etc; so dialing it up isn't surprising at all. It should come natural for them.

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 09:28 PM

Exactly! Plus the pods were spaced out with plenty of space in between. Fans sweated it out with mask on all practice and you still have DBags like SI complain and write complete bullshit stories.

At the concession stands ( where all the food was Free) there were 6 foot markers. Bathrooms- same thing. No meatpeeking at the urinals now- sorry Tittymeat-lol

And as I stated- if your mask was off and you did not have a drink in your hand- someone was promptly there to remind you.

I guess it is easier and fits their agenda to bash the Chiefs and all the fans as stupid non-mask wearing idiots than tell the truth.

Halfcan
08-24-2020, 09:31 PM
If you were to sneeze you could literally infect people on the other side of the stadium not to mention PMII

That would have to be an incredible sneeze since there was practically zero breeze in the stadium.

BossChief
08-24-2020, 09:38 PM
10042 for the best 4 pod

KurtCobain
08-24-2020, 09:54 PM

Nah, the guards at Arrowhead pay way more attention to people than prison guards do. Stricter pat-downs, too.

wazu
08-25-2020, 04:09 AM

And you’re also outdoors. Once fans are in their seat it’s a dog and pony show. Just down the road there are indoor restaurants and bars with people much closer together and no masks. But I’m sure we’ll hear from social media scolds every week.

HemiEd
08-25-2020, 04:55 AM
it would be different if the chiefs were out signing Free Agents with the cash, but they are just sitting on their ass while clowney and Thomas are out there

:LOL: Yeah, they should use that twelve cents they have left of the cap to sign them both. Shame on you Veach!

luv
08-25-2020, 06:54 AM

Actually, I think they're asking that you where one then, too, except for when eating or drinking.

luv
08-25-2020, 06:58 AM
From MMQB this morning:

This completely contradicts everything I heard from those who went last weekend. I'm going this weekend, so I guess I'll see.

Third Eye
08-25-2020, 08:33 AM

I would imagine it has to do with the fact that people are yelling and launching little bits of saliva all over the place, well beyond their pod. I can’t speak as to how much of a problem that actually is, but I would assume that is the thinking behind the policy.

htismaqe
08-25-2020, 08:59 AM
This completely contradicts everything I heard from those who went last weekend. I'm going this weekend, so I guess I'll see.

Same here. Including Halfcan's first hand account below.

This reads like a hit piece. Some kind of coastal attack on unenlightened midwestern hicks.

Mecca
08-25-2020, 09:05 AM

This reads like a hit piece. Some kind of coastal attack on unenlightened midwestern hicks.

It's not surprising, that take is basically how it was met across the net "it's missouri what do you expect"

Marcellus
08-25-2020, 09:08 AM
It's not surprising, that take is basically how it was met across the net "it's missouri what do you expect"

I was waiting for this post.

Mecca
08-25-2020, 09:11 AM
Sean McDermott had a bitch fit the other day that there isn't a league wide attendance policy and teams can do whatever they want. So I expect there to be snippy shit on both sides of this.

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2020, 09:14 AM

It’s Albert Breer, who I think is absolutely worthless because he can’t go a single column with espousing about the greatness of the Patriots, Belichick, Brady, et al.

The guy has basically ignored the Chiefs all year. Fuck him.

wazu
08-25-2020, 11:23 AM
Sean McDermott had a bitch fit the other day that there isn't a league wide attendance policy and teams can do whatever they want. So I expect there to be snippy shit on both sides of this.

There is a policy, and it's "do what you want". Seems fair to me.

Bugeater
08-25-2020, 12:12 PM
I would imagine it has to do with the fact that people are yelling and launching little bits of saliva all over the place, well beyond their pod. I can’t speak as to how much of a problem that actually is, but I would assume that is the thinking behind the policy.

That's probably the official explanation, but in reality it's to avoid raising the ire of the Mask Mafia.

CHENZ A!
08-25-2020, 12:53 PM
I want one of you anti-mask/the virus is fake people to purchase my ridiculously overpriced tickets for the opener to “own the libs” or whatever please

Bugeater
08-25-2020, 01:01 PM
I want one of you anti-mask/the virus is fake people to purchase my ridiculously overpriced tickets for the opener to “own the libs” or whatever please

Is that directed towards me?

CHENZ A!
08-25-2020, 01:04 PM
Is that directed towards me?

Not specifically. Want to buy some tickets?

htismaqe
08-25-2020, 01:05 PM
It’s Albert Breer, who I think is absolutely worthless because he can’t go a single column with espousing about the greatness of the Patriots, Belichick, Brady, et al.

The guy has basically ignored the Chiefs all year. Fuck him.

:clap:

DaneMcCloud
08-25-2020, 01:08 PM
:clap:

Further to that, he was "told" by someone that this occurred at Arrowhead - he wasn't there to observe and report.

The guy is completely worthless.

Bugeater
08-25-2020, 01:52 PM
Not specifically. Want to buy some tickets?

Oh hell no, does not sound like an enjoyable gameday experience at all. I wouldn't want them for free.