PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Veach seems very confident in the rookies

RunKC
09-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Usually GM’s are pretty coy about rookies, you’d think that especially this year, but Veach is pretty fired up.

In his presser he started naming the guys. Clyde, Willie, LJ, Wharton, Danna, Townsend. He named those guys to not maybe make an impact this year, but this Thursday.

He’s been pretty confident in these guys for awhile now and has obviously leaked the good news of Sneed, Wharton and Danna to the press.

Clyde, Willie and Townsend were the original favorites to make an impact due to need at their positions, but these other guys might really be getting quality PT. It just seems like he’s very giddy about the rookies this year, kinda like he was with Pat when he infamously stayed Pat was the best player he’d ever seen.

Also notice how much better the team could be this year since the rookies Veach is praising are all at positions of need last year.

RB
Punter
Interior pass rusher depth behind Jones
Corner
LB

If Veach is right, we are going to straight up slaughter This goddamn league

Redbled
09-07-2020, 09:05 AM
I hope he’s right. We need Gay and the CB’s to step up quickly. Ragland was meh but he had experience. And we get Niang back next year.

Direckshun
09-07-2020, 09:23 AM
If the back seven of the defense can get it right faster than other teams can figure out their offenses, this team has legit 19-0 potential.

I think it’s going to take them longer than that, though. I think the team is 13-3 as they hit their stride in December and repeat Super Bowls.

bkkcoh
09-07-2020, 10:03 AM
Why shouldn't Veach be positive about hte rookies. With what they have shown in TC and practice so far. If they don't feel positive about their rookies, they probably shouldn't have drafted or signed them.

But it will be interesting when 'the rubber hits the road' and they play for real.

We will find out midway through the 1st quarter on Thursday night if the hype is real or not.

Bewbies
09-07-2020, 10:11 AM
Remember when he told people Mahomes was the best football player he’d ever seen before we had seen him in a game?

This is a good sign...

tredadda
09-07-2020, 10:12 AM
I am most excited for CEH and Gay. Both have superstar written all over them.

RealSNR
09-07-2020, 11:07 AM
Don't forget about Yasir Durant!!!

BigRedChief
09-07-2020, 11:10 AM
Remember when he told people Mahomes was the best football player he’d ever seen before we had seen him in a game?

This is a good sign...is there video of him correcting the person who asked the question?

smithandrew051
09-07-2020, 11:12 AM
CEH will be the best rookie, but Mike Danna will exceed expectations the most.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-07-2020, 11:50 AM
I am expecting some growing pains for Sneed on Thursday. I can see Fuller torching him a couple times. Can we as CP please not bitch about anything this year even when we lose? Thanks!

Mecca
09-07-2020, 11:52 AM
I am expecting some growing pains for Sneed on Thursday. I can see Fuller torching him a couple times. Can we as CP please not bitch about anything this year even when we lose? Thanks!

I really don't know how much he's gonna play...the guy whos gonna get a ton of time is Hamilton.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-07-2020, 11:54 AM
I really don't know how much he's gonna play...the guy whos gonna get a ton of time is Hamilton.

Sneed was with the first team opposite of Ward in practice. Spags basically said Fenton won’t play on the outside. He will be in the slot like Fuller was.

kcclone
09-07-2020, 02:08 PM
And let’s not forget we still have Niang out there. I’m hopeful that he can come in and be a swing tackle and potentially be the replacement for Fisher

Kiimo
09-07-2020, 02:33 PM
I have this theory that Niang not only opted out because of covid but also because his hip isn't right yet.

I really hope that thing is not degenerative. If not, we got an absolute steal.

kcclone
09-07-2020, 02:39 PM
I have this theory that Niang not only opted out because of covid but also because his hip isn't right yet.

I really hope that thing is not degenerative. If not, we got an absolute steal.

My hope is that the coaching staff collaborated with him and they’re essentially looking at this as a “redshirt” year

RunKC
09-07-2020, 02:40 PM

Offenses use 11 personnel with 3 receivers as their base as the norm today so ideally that’s why you see 3 corners on the field so much. Texans have Stills, Fuller, Cooks and Cobb who I expect to use 11 personnel very often.

I think Sneed will be that 3rd or 4th corner and get quite a bit of PT.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Offenses use 11 personnel with 3 receivers as their base as the norm today so ideally that’s why you see 3 corners on the field so much. Texans have Stills, Fuller, Cooks and Cobb who I expect to use 11 personnel very often.

I think Sneed will be that 3rd or 4th corner and get quite a bit of PT.

Sneed is a 4.37 guy that played in 51 college game so hopefully, his speed will help cover up his inexperience at the NFL level.

I'd imagine he'll be matched up with Fuller for most of the game.

RealSNR
09-07-2020, 04:46 PM
Sneed is a 4.37 guy that played in 51 college game so hopefully, his speed will help cover up his inexperience at the NFL level.

I'd imagine he'll be matched up with Fuller for most of the game.

I doubt it. Will Fuller has a 71.4% chance of sustaining a season-ending injury by the end of the 1st half.

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2020, 04:58 PM
I doubt it. Will Fuller has a 71.4% chance of sustaining a season-ending injury by the end of the 1st half.

LMAO