PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chop is Changing... Barely

Pointer19
09-09-2020, 07:00 PM
I know there was a thread about face paint, headdresses, and Warpaint, but here’s an update on the Chop.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article245608310.html

Native Americans will bless the big ceremonial drum like always, and before the drumbeat starts an announcement will be made that incorporating the drum into the game-day experience is a “privilege” and that fans are invited to join as they beat the drum.

The cheerleaders will then do the same chop motion, but with a closed fist instead of open palm. You know, signaling the beating of the drum.

Mephistopheles Janx
09-09-2020, 07:03 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dcc6Gsm.jpg

CasselGotPeedOn
09-09-2020, 07:05 PM
Your privilege to be a fan.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2020, 07:10 PM
Lulz

JohnnyHammersticks
09-09-2020, 07:11 PM
I'm just happy that the tens of people who were offended by the chop can finally live the rest of their lives in peace.

Spott
09-09-2020, 07:12 PM
Cheerleaders prefer the fist.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-09-2020, 07:13 PM
Cheerleaders prefer the fist.

/Thread

Kman34
09-09-2020, 07:15 PM
As an advocate for Drums, I am highly offended that the Cheerleaders are pretending to beat poor defenseless Drum..

Hammock Parties
09-09-2020, 07:17 PM
DROWN THE NATIVES IN OUR WHITE MAN'S TONGUE

displacedinMN
09-09-2020, 07:20 PM
ok

FloridaMan88
09-09-2020, 07:27 PM
I'm just happy that the tens of people who were offended by the chop can finally live the rest of their lives in peace.

It’s really just the KC Star Editorial Board who are offended.

Red Dawg
09-09-2020, 07:29 PM
The world has gone full on stupid.

TwistedChief
09-09-2020, 07:29 PM
Boo hoo. Bunch of snowflakes gonna whine because they're no longer encouraged to do an open-handed chop.

bobhill
09-09-2020, 07:32 PM
Chief Wahoo and Ric Flair do not approve

kcclone
09-09-2020, 07:36 PM
And literally zero fans will close their hands so whatev

CasselGotPeedOn
09-09-2020, 07:37 PM
It’s really just the KC Star Editorial Board who are offended.

And apparently TwistedChief:

Boo hoo. Bunch of snowflakes gonna whine because they're no longer encouraged to do an open-handed chop.

PHOG
09-09-2020, 07:38 PM
And literally zero fans will close their hands so whatev
No doubt!

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-09-2020, 07:40 PM

it's a slippery slope... before we know it you will have transgender boys stomping girls in their sporting events... Oh wait...

TwistedChief
09-09-2020, 07:42 PM
And apparently TwistedChief:

I'm only offended at people's taking offense at being gently encouraged to no longer do the chop. That's about as benign as it gets, but those complaining about others' complaining about everything need to look in the mirror.

Personally, I couldn't care any less about any of it.

Rain Man
09-09-2020, 07:43 PM
Objectively, I enjoy shaking my fist in the air.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/304/old.jpg

Graystoke
09-09-2020, 08:13 PM
I have a weak chopping motion so this is good news

staylor26
09-09-2020, 08:19 PM
I'm only offended at people's taking offense at being gently encouraged to no longer do the chop. That's about as benign as it gets, but those complaining about others' complaining about everything need to look in the mirror.

It’s not about the chop.

People like you just don’t fucking get it. The mob is never satisfied. They will come for everything.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-09-2020, 08:21 PM
It’s not about the chop.

People like you just don’t fucking get it. The mob is never satisfied. They will come for everything.

Exactly. Not sure why that's difficult to understand

Halfcan
09-09-2020, 08:22 PM
So it is better to simulate a violent punch towards our opponants?

TEX
09-09-2020, 08:29 PM
DUMB

Hydrae
09-09-2020, 08:30 PM
So it is better to simulate a violent punch towards our opponants?

No, this is slow motion air drumming with no high hats.

Tribal Warfare
09-09-2020, 08:30 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/xR2SI8vqfQMLe/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524xo4w7jspdevqo8sgbasuoea09ez0msgt1cfgcen&rid=giphy.gif

Just watch it will change to the jack off

htismaqe
09-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Not sure why anybody is surprised. They said they were going to "evaluate" the chop. What did you think that meant?

htismaqe
09-09-2020, 08:32 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/xR2SI8vqfQMLe/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9524xo4w7jspdevqo8sgbasuoea09ez0msgt1cfgcen&rid=giphy.gif

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FaB2WzHFLfuNP2%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

smithandrew051
09-09-2020, 08:32 PM
So now it will look like we’re all jerking off giant cocks?

Halfcan
09-09-2020, 08:36 PM
No, this is slow motion air drumming with no high hats.

So it is the KC Dr(um)op now instead of the chop?

I thought the issue was; the fans were misappropriating Native American culture, not open plam / closed fist.

Maybe they can play the Barney theme instead and we can simulate hugs!

KCbroncoHATER
09-09-2020, 08:38 PM
Dance monkey dance.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2020, 08:42 PM
I'm going to pronate my wrist to own the libs!

TwistedChief
09-09-2020, 08:47 PM
It’s not about the chop.

And now you can no longer wear makeup to the game and are no longer encouraged to jerk off with an open hand. The mob has clearly won and your life has irretrievably changed.

Tribal Warfare
09-09-2020, 08:48 PM
This can be a DC thread easily because of the players right of expression tangent

KChiefs1
09-09-2020, 08:51 PM
I know there was a thread about face paint, headdresses, and Warpaint, but here’s an update on the Chop.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/sam-mellinger/article245608310.html

A privilege? Interesting choice of words.

So the chant is ok?

Redbled
09-09-2020, 09:07 PM
It’s not about the chop.

People like you just don’t ****ing get it. The mob is never satisfied. They will come for everything.

He will understand when they yank his pants down to his ankles.

Again...........

staylor26
09-09-2020, 09:10 PM
And now you can no longer wear makeup to the game and are no longer encouraged to jerk off with an open hand. The mob has clearly won and your life has irretrievably changed.

Dude, I don’t care about the fucking chop or NA imagery. If it stops there, fine. But it won’t. The name/logo and “Arrowhead Stadium” will have to go eventually. Even then I still don’t care that much. It’s the way that woke ideology has infested every aspect of our culture/lives.

Can you fucking read? Or would you rather play ignorant like you did about BLM being Marxist because facing the truth is too difficult?

Halfcan
09-09-2020, 09:12 PM

So the chant is ok?

It is a privilage to pay a ridiculous price for parking and tickets, sit in pod with your mask on, and do the fist chop when you are cued to do so!!

eDave
09-09-2020, 09:14 PM
Come on dudes. This is a perfect compromise without losing any meaning and enthusiasm. This team is hitting on all cylinders and it's pretty amazing. Sideline all that muck and mire and enjoy the show we all came here because of.

Halfcan
09-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Come on dudes. This is a perfect compromise without losing any meaning and enthusiasm. This team is hitting on all cylinders. It's pretty amazing.

Plus, they stopped that 1 guy from wearing a headress because some pussy was offended.

digger
09-09-2020, 09:25 PM

So the chant is ok? That's next...

Fat Elvis
09-09-2020, 10:14 PM
Dude, I don’t care about the ****ing chop or NA imagery. If it stops there, fine. But it won’t. The name/logo and “Arrowhead Stadium” will have to go eventually. Even then I still don’t care that much. It’s the way that woke ideology has infested every aspect of our culture/lives.

Can you ****ing read? Or would you rather play ignorant like you did about BLM being Marxist because facing the truth is too difficult?

And you *still* don't know what a Marxist is...if you did, and you heard someone say they are a "trained Marxist," you'd be like anyone else who understood what a Marxist is and say, "So what?"

staylor26
09-09-2020, 11:07 PM
And you *still* don't know what a Marxist is...if you did, and you heard someone say they are a "trained Marxist," you'd be like anyone else who understood what a Marxist is and say, "So what?"

Lol I love how you pretend like there’s this secret meaning behind it yet fail to provide it.

eDave
09-09-2020, 11:10 PM
OMG SHUT UP!!!!111

dj56dt58
09-09-2020, 11:15 PM
So now it will look like we’re all jerking off giant cocks?

Look like? Might as well whip it out and go to town

Simply Red
09-09-2020, 11:37 PM
I'm hornay

eDave
09-09-2020, 11:53 PM
Plus, they stopped that 1 guy from wearing a headress because some pussy was offended.

Outliers like that lend themselves to sharpen the edge. Outliers, by definition, are to be dismissed thereby removing the edge resulting in a smoother agreement. Art Of The Deal and all that nonsense bears this out (As you know). Which leads us to wonder why you even made your statement at all.

Halfcan
09-10-2020, 12:22 AM
Outliers like that lend themselves to sharpen the edge. Outliers, by definition, are to be dismissed thereby removing the edge resulting in a smoother agreement. Art Of The Deal and all that nonsense bears this out (As you know). Which leads us to wonder why you even made your statement at all.

Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.

stevieray
09-10-2020, 06:31 AM
encouraging to do the chop with a closed fist?

LMAO

what a complete and utter joke this has all become.

it's hardly about football at this point.

tyecopeland
09-10-2020, 07:40 AM
Similar to brc thread focusing on the rules on masks and social distancing, I'm sure there is going to be video of a lot of people not doing it with a closed first and then it will outright banned because people didn't follow the rules.

BWillie
09-10-2020, 08:15 AM
As some one with Scandinavian decent, The Viking horn helmets those wear in Minnesota is very offensive to me. I cannot go on with this occurring up there appropriating my heritage.

ChiefBlueCFC
09-10-2020, 08:30 AM
I was once punched by a fist, and I find this offensive

InChiefsHeaven
09-10-2020, 08:42 AM
What if you wear the headdress and claim to be Native Indian...I mean...you could...

If a Native Indian wore facepaint and the head dress, how would they handle that? I kinda wanna see it now...

Fish
09-10-2020, 08:45 AM
The cheerleaders will then do the same chop motion, but with a closed fist instead of open palm. You know, signaling the beating of the drum.

Pat yourselves on the backs, folks. We did it. We've just defeated racism.

BWillie
09-10-2020, 08:46 AM
https://i.etsystatic.com/11994469/r/il/a59d64/1490651134/il_570xN.1490651134_is9j.jpg

Also our heritages are becoming a mockery. First it is syrup, but everyone looks the other way at this.

As someone with English heritage, I am appalled and very upset.

DJJasonp
09-10-2020, 08:56 AM
encouraging to do the chop with a closed fist?

LMAO

what a complete and utter joke this has all become.

it's hardly about football at this point.

just another result of the hovering cancel culture mob.

Much of what is playing out are reactions, based upon fear more than anything.

DJJasonp
09-10-2020, 08:57 AM
I was once punched by a fist, and I find this offensive

I seriously laughed out loud.....I needed that - thanks! :clap:

cwhocares
09-10-2020, 09:34 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAO

nychief
09-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Not for nothing, but The Chop is fucking stupid anyway.

cwhocares
09-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Back in the day we used to really tailgate. Throw the football around, get pumped up for the game. We would paint our faces up, wear our Zubas, some would put on headresses- it was like going to war. It was an event every Sunday. We would chop when DT got a big sack- yell- "gonna beat the hell out of you!" It was rowdy, fun, and the Loudest stadium in the NFL. Heck, even KC Wolf would ride out and stomp some ass. The team fed off the fans energy. Teams hated us and dreaded coming here.

Now, unfortunately, it is just a hollow copy of the original. It is about corporate sponsorship, maximum profit, social justice for convicts and political correctness. Park in your spot, no throwing the football around, patdowns and long lines to get in, wear your mask, stay in your pod, no individuality because it might upset someone from the East coast, chop with a closed hand and apologize for it- then clear out--thanks for coming.

Yes, I miss the good ol' days- it was some of the finest times of my life with my best buds. We have an amazing team now and Mahomes- which still makes it worth going- but it is a watered down event now. So, if some of us old-timers get tired of seeing the Game Day Experience chiseled away by social justice warriors, who probably don't even watch football- this is why.

Next, it wll be the name Chiefs, the logo, Arrowhead being renamed- and a legacy of Chiefs football will be completely erased.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

ChiTown
09-10-2020, 09:46 AM
I'm doing a tomahawk chopped salad to go along with the steak I'm grilling for my pre-game meal.

#pleasedontcancelme

Iowanian
09-10-2020, 09:54 AM
<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/BlackLiquidLeopardseal' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='404'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/blackliquidleopardseal-no-country-for-old-men-javier-bardem">via Gfycat</a></p>

TomBarndtsTwin
09-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Standing ovation post. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Take a bow.

htismaqe
09-10-2020, 10:12 AM
It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge. :hmmm:

Hammock Parties
09-10-2020, 10:15 AM
It's so, so easy to keep sports and politics apart when the teams are melding sports and politics. So easy to just keep politics out of the Lounge. :hmmm:

Liberals ruin everything.

Iowanian
09-10-2020, 10:17 AM
I'll bet most of the cheerleaders have an open fist like they're gripping an.....eggplant emoji.

Then they'll be pumping it like a shakeweight.

That's how I'm going to tolerate this stupid capitulation modification.

tyecopeland
09-10-2020, 10:30 AM

Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?

htismaqe
09-10-2020, 10:34 AM
Is it really so hard not to say things like 'own the libs' or 'liberals ruin everything' or 'thanks Trump'?

There's more subtle things said, even in this thread.

vonBobo
09-10-2020, 11:04 AM
Liberals ruin everything.

So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign medals?

Hammock Parties
09-10-2020, 11:06 AM
So you would have zero problems if I went to a washington generals game in an army costume with a purple heart and campaign badges?

Do whatever the fuck you want to do.

Just don't tell me what to do.

Otter
09-10-2020, 11:13 AM
Not sure why anybody is surprised. They said they were going to "evaluate" the chop. What did you think that meant?

I was hoping it was kind of "don't call us, we'll call you" allegory.

big nasty kcnut
09-10-2020, 12:09 PM
I'm still going to do the chop my ancestors on my mom side were indians and they wouldn't be complaining about this. They would be complaining about lack of virgins to sacrifice.

RealSNR
09-10-2020, 12:18 PM
Not for nothing, but The Chop is ****ing stupid anyway.

I agree, but you and I are in the minority opinion on this one.

Granted, I live away from KC and don't come down to Arrowhead all that often to watch games. It means a lot more to people who are season ticket holders and have grown up with the Arrowhead experience and all of its traditions.

Granted, the Tony DiPardo band used to be a tradition. And Gary Glitter.

I guess... dunno... things come and go. Change happens. I'm not going to shit on people for appreciating and not wanting to get rid of the chop, but I do think it's also not something worth getting outraged over.

And I'm going to stop my post here for fear of treading into political waters.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-10-2020, 12:33 PM
If we don't evolve, we die out. Mahomes has evolved the game of football. Yes the mile high salute is really really gay

Molitoth
09-10-2020, 12:47 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/ASbpkVNMmbxba/giphy.gif

Demonpenz
09-10-2020, 12:50 PM
After we get masks and change the name of the chiefs we can focus on getting contact out of the game to prevent head injuries then we focus on making this a Soccer country

Hammock Parties
09-10-2020, 12:52 PM
If we don't evolve, we die out. Mahomes has evolved the game of football. Yes the mile high salute is really really gay

Give me a fucking break. It's a sporting event.

Hammock Parties
09-10-2020, 12:54 PM
After we get masks and change the name of the chiefs we can focus on getting contact out of the game to prevent head injuries then we focus on making this a Soccer country

See, you're only half joking.

The people trying to "make change" in the NFL don't even give a fuck about football.

They want the game destroyed.

KCbroncoHATER
09-10-2020, 12:57 PM
The people trying to "make change" in the NFL don't even give a **** about football.

Not only that, they never go in person to games. I find the people who stand on their soap box declaring what is right and wrong never spend a dime at Arrowhead.

King_Chief_Fan
09-10-2020, 01:01 PM
The people trying to "make change" in the NFL don't even give a **** about football.

Not only that, they never go in person to games. I find the people who stand on their soap box declaring what is right and wrong never spend a dime at Arrowhead.

Before rhe season is over we all might not give a crap about NFL

KCbroncoHATER
09-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Most of my friends who have season tickets are going to decide after this season if they are going to continue buying tickets after that. Some of them have told me that they will reduce the number of tickets they have and sell the rest next season. After that, the tickets might not be worth holding on to for resale on the open market. We are all in agreement that this is the worst thing that the NFL could have done to football.

BWillie
09-10-2020, 01:35 PM

I would disagree. The target demo is 17-40. That age is growing increasingly "woke" and gives a shit about that stuff. And they don't really care about sports to begin with (the 17-25 year olds) so it might actually be smart marketing to use progressive culture and shock wokeness to cross sell to them. Then they might start to care about football.

But all of our 60 yr old+ members at Chiefsplanet aren't going to stop watching Mahomes and the Chiefs just because the NFL has moved from the right to the left in public political image.

I don't like it, but hard to say it's bad business in the LONG RUN.

scho63
09-10-2020, 02:29 PM
Everyone should turn on their cell phones and simultaneously all sit there not chopping but play the chop song on the phones at a predetermined time!

Just a complete awesome sound!

TEX
09-10-2020, 03:51 PM
I would disagree. The target demo is 17-40. That age is growing increasingly "woke" and gives a shit about that stuff. And they don't really care about sports to begin with (the 17-25 year olds) so it might actually be smart marketing to use progressive culture and shock wokeness to cross sell to them. Then they might start to care about football.

But all of our 60 yr old+ members at Chiefsplanet aren't going to stop watching Mahomes and the Chiefs just because the NFL has moved from the right to the left in public political image.

I don't like it, but hard to say it's bad business in the LONG RUN.

I think you might be on to something. The long run is the end game.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-10-2020, 04:24 PM
What the fuck difference does it make if it's open handed or closed fist? Like, what?

Marcellus
09-10-2020, 04:25 PM
What the **** difference does it make if it's open handed or closed fist? Like, what?

One is hitting a drum the other is a chop. Massively different man. :p

PHOG
09-10-2020, 04:34 PM
sigh :doh!:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-10-2020, 05:30 PM
50 years of curse

Hammock Parties
09-10-2020, 05:32 PM
What the fuck difference does it make if it's open handed or closed fist? Like, what?

have to appease the intolerant left

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2020, 05:43 PM
have to appease the intolerant left

I'll always use a open hand to smack a bitch ass team.

I assume the refs 1st down signal will be banned in the future because it's culturally insensitive

RetiredSeniorChief
09-10-2020, 05:53 PM
F&(K this Commie Bull Shit!

Deberg_1990
09-10-2020, 08:33 PM
Clinkscale not happy

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Have heard many good reports from people at the game about the protocols and most fans respecting the moment of silence....less so is the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> saying they ere going to take positive steps about the Chop, and then repeatedly playing the music..pretty much an empowerment to chop</p>&mdash; Danny Clinkscale (@dcwhb) <a href="https://twitter.com/dcwhb/status/1304237047306219526?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
09-10-2020, 08:55 PM
I was thinking that very thing. A lot of people might not even think about it, just do it.

If you really want people to change, make a change.

KS Smitty
12-15-2020, 10:47 AM
Wes Scantlin has been asked to write a new rally song. Here's an interview that includes him talking about it, unfortunately it has no music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iSrFB86MeDM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Funkstown
12-15-2020, 10:51 AM
I’m hoping we don’t change our name like the Indians and Redskins done. Fucking PC culture out the ass!!!

ptlyon
12-15-2020, 10:52 AM
Wes Scantlin has been asked to write a new rally song. Here's an interview that includes him talking about it, unfortunately it has no music.

That's probably a blessing

KS Smitty
12-15-2020, 11:05 AM
That's probably a blessing

ROFL, not a big Puddle of Mudd fan personally and I don't think Scantlin is highly thought of in the KC music scene. It'll be interesting how it's received and I'm surprised more local musicians weren't asked to contribute music.

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2020, 11:20 AM
ROFL, not a big Puddle of Mudd fan personally and I don't think Scantlin is highly thought of in the KC music scene. It'll be interesting how it's received and I'm surprised more local musicians weren't asked to contribute music.

Melissa Etheridge would've done it for free

warrior
12-15-2020, 11:23 AM

ROFL

Bearcat
12-15-2020, 12:39 PM

I'm trying to match the chop with his nasal-whiney voice.... like a wwwwaaaaaaahhhhh wwwwaaah-waahuhhuh, wwwaahhh-huhhuhhuh..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GTiibb34Pwo?start=16" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder
01-25-2021, 06:28 PM
:facepalm:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of our Billboards is now up!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotInOurHonor?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotInOurHonor</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChangeTheName?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChangeTheName</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTV5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCTV5</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kcur?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kcur</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KansasCityStar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KansasCityStar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kmbc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/indianz?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@indianz</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/IndianCountry?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IndianCountry</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nativenews_net?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nativenews_net</a> hopefully get a better shot, this is from the webcam <a href="https://t.co/uneE1I0nZN">pic.twitter.com/uneE1I0nZN</a></p>&mdash; Rhonda LeValdo (@rhondalevaldo) <a href="https://twitter.com/rhondalevaldo/status/1353844630962503681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

comochiefsfan
01-25-2021, 06:38 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of our Billboards is now up!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotInOurHonor?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotInOurHonor</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChangeTheName?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChangeTheName</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTV5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCTV5</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kcur?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kcur</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KansasCityStar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KansasCityStar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kmbc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/indianz?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@indianz</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/IndianCountry?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IndianCountry</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nativenews_net?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nativenews_net</a> hopefully get a better shot, this is from the webcam <a href="https://t.co/uneE1I0nZN">pic.twitter.com/uneE1I0nZN</a></p>&mdash; Rhonda LeValdo (@rhondalevaldo) <a href="https://twitter.com/rhondalevaldo/status/1353844630962503681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>Knew this was going to happen with us going back to the Super Bowl. Our name and traditions are going to be under fire from the woke media for the next two weeks.

Clark just needs to ignore them. The SJW attention span is shorter than a puppy's. Just let them scream and say their piece and eventually they'll get bored and move on to another "controversy".

BWillie
01-25-2021, 06:44 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of our Billboards is now up!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotInOurHonor?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NotInOurHonor</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChangeTheName?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChangeTheName</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KCTV5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KCTV5</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kcur?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kcur</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/KansasCityStar?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@KansasCityStar</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/kmbc?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@kmbc</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/indianz?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@indianz</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/IndianCountry?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@IndianCountry</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/nativenews_net?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@nativenews_net</a> hopefully get a better shot, this is from the webcam <a href="https://t.co/uneE1I0nZN">pic.twitter.com/uneE1I0nZN</a></p>&mdash; Rhonda LeValdo (@rhondalevaldo) <a href="https://twitter.com/rhondalevaldo/status/1353844630962503681?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hold on a second, the Kansas City Indian Center? I thought the term Indian was racist since Cleveland changed their name or is going to remove it.

TribalElder
01-25-2021, 06:46 PM
Hold on a second, the Kansas City Indian Center? I thought the term Indian was racist since Cleveland changed their name or is going to remove it.

we should all call in to her show on Sunday afternoon

dj56dt58
01-25-2021, 06:50 PM
I tried to reply to this cunt on twitter and got myself banned from twitter

dj56dt58
01-25-2021, 06:55 PM
is there an open billboard near this? We should chip in and put a billboard up mocking her. Let's harass this cunt until she cant take it anymore.

displacedinMN
01-25-2021, 06:56 PM
Haskell Indian Nations University

shouldn't this name be changed

BWillie
01-25-2021, 06:57 PM
we should all call in to her show on Sunday afternoon

I think we should pressure every large fortune 500 company to change any title that has the word "chief" in it, since, you know, it's so racist.

There are chief officers in the military, marine, corporate titles, educational titles, even **GASP!** government. There is currently a Chief Administrative Officer of the house! CHIEF! HOLY SHIT and get this. They have been both democrats and republicans. CALL THE COPS

dj56dt58
01-25-2021, 06:58 PM
Let's all "protest" outside her building

REDHOTGTO
01-25-2021, 07:16 PM

this exactly, was gonna write the same thing, think ive gone to my last game anyways. they have completely ruined the old experience, political correctness will ruin everything fun for the feelings of a few stuck up pussies.

TribalElder
01-25-2021, 07:30 PM
https://i.imgur.com/1rfyahV.jpg

mr. tegu
01-25-2021, 07:32 PM
You know, understanding what racism actually is, is not some complicated concept, yet so many people are completely clueless and constantly overuse or misuse the word.

REDHOTGTO
01-25-2021, 07:34 PM

is this supposed to bother me? ya missed

Randallflagg
01-25-2021, 07:36 PM
I think we should pressure every large fortune 500 company to change any title that has the word "chief" in it, since, you know, it's so racist.

There are chief officers in the military, marine, corporate titles, educational titles, even **GASP!** government. There is currently a Chief Administrative Officer of the house! CHIEF! HOLY SHIT and get this. They have been both democrats and republicans. CALL THE COPS

Good idea!! I was a CWO4. That's CHIEF Warrant Officer. I was addressed as "Chief" or "Mister"

Damn...I hope I didn't piss anyone off....................

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2021, 07:37 PM
I missed a game this year for the first time in a long time, because of the 'Rona. I only go to one game per year, and I'll put up with stupid shit I guess, because I'm that fan...the one who just wants to be there for the game, to take it all in and enjoy the hell out of myself. The SJW stuff will start to die down. I just think it will, I don't know why. But, it's getting to the point where driving down from Omaha and paying for a ticket and for parking etc...may not be worth it if they keep fucking up the game day experience. We'll see. I want to go next year. We'll see how it is by then.

InChiefsHeaven
01-25-2021, 07:40 PM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/FightingWhites.png/300px-FightingWhites.png

srvy
01-25-2021, 07:49 PM

Yeah we can tell. Twistedpantiesinabunch.

displacedinMN
01-25-2021, 07:51 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fe/FightingWhites.png/300px-FightingWhites.png

not offended

They did conquer many things

candyman
01-25-2021, 08:08 PM
I'm trying to match the chop with his nasal-whiney voice.... like a wwwwaaaaaaahhhhh wwwwaaah-waahuhhuh, wwwaahhh-huhhuhhuh..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GTiibb34Pwo?start=16" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Holy shit LMAOLMAOLMAO

Surely this was done as a joke right?

MahiMike
01-25-2021, 08:19 PM
Closed fist? You mean like the communist flag or blm?

srvy
01-25-2021, 08:31 PM
Just rename it the lumberjack chop. The lumberjacks won't be pissed because they're not pussies.

SuperBowl4
01-25-2021, 09:20 PM
You'll have to purchase a license in order to take part in your "privilege".

HonestChieffan
01-25-2021, 09:25 PM

Brilliantly said. We were blessed to have had those Sundays in a very special place in a very special time.

ghak99
01-25-2021, 09:33 PM

It's about damn time "to the winner goes the spoils" was applied. You talk all the black guys into repping the white man's jersey and we'll just forget all about the red guys.

ChiefsFanatic
01-25-2021, 09:43 PM
I am Native American, and I understand the chop is just a sports related thing. No one is doing it to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Now, I will admit that I really don't like a bunch of white people wearing costume headdresses, that look like they were made by other white people.

I never say anything about it, but I don't like it. And even in that situation, I don't think the intent is to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Tribal Warfare
01-25-2021, 11:19 PM
I am Native American, and I understand the chop is just a sports related thing. No one is doing it to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Now, I will admit that I really don't like a bunch of white people wearing costume headdresses, that look like they were made by other white people.

I never say anything about it, but I don't like it. And even in that situation, I don't think the intent is to mock or disrespect Native Americans.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

The individuals who are complaining don't even watch football

Valiant
01-25-2021, 11:25 PM
I would say we can also push back. Chiefs are not a native American term. We can switch to the pagan chiefs of Europe. Word is French and Italian origin.

joethomas
01-25-2021, 11:26 PM
It's just white people who love being offended taking offense on behalf of other people who largely are not offended. They like telling everyone what they should be offended by, because they like injecting themselves into the situation so they can feel morally superior to everyone else. It's not about native peoples, whose opinions are irrelevant to these whites. if you tell them that the native people are not offended the white people will say it's because they have internalized racism and that we shouldn't listen to them. it's 100% about the white people mounting the crusade wanting to feel like they are better than everyone else and loving a chance to tell everyone so.

BWillie
01-25-2021, 11:31 PM
I would say we can also push back. Chiefs are not a native American term. We can switch to the pagan chiefs of Europe. Word is French and Italian origin.

If you do that then its white supremacy. Or thats what the masses would say.

jerryaldini
01-25-2021, 11:35 PM
Chop has always been dumb before anybody complained. Team will eventually stop with the stupid music from old westerns.

Valiant
01-25-2021, 11:40 PM
If you do that then its white supremacy. Or thats what the masses would say.

Fuck white crybabies

J Diddy
01-25-2021, 11:43 PM
I mean the chop is fun, way to get the crowd going, but let's get real.

So was "We're going to beat the hell out of you" after the td's.

Maybe our next celebration will be to sit in contemplative meditation for 30 seconds.

srvy
01-25-2021, 11:50 PM
Personally, I think the chop is stupid and don't do it. But my reason is it's a dumb ass college frat boy bullshit stolen from the FSU Seminals.

Also the Native Americans have no special rights or claims to someone throwing their hand out in the air. A motion is not a tomahawk, Hatchet or Ax.

kevrunner
01-26-2021, 02:18 AM
Isn’t the signal for a 1st down a tomahawk chop? That needs to go first.

Kiimo
01-26-2021, 02:30 AM

you need to post the best version

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ibFkJwomL_4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fish
01-26-2021, 02:56 AM
you need to post the best version

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ibFkJwomL_4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LMAO... I made it about 1 minute... JFC, that band is trash. The original was so cringey. This version is just nails on a chalkboard...

vonBobo
01-26-2021, 03:12 AM
I want to do racist things!
I also don't want to be called a racist when doing racist things!

Bugeater
01-26-2021, 05:12 AM
Half of you idiots completely missed why this thread was bumped.

morphius
01-26-2021, 07:02 AM
I say just start bringing out Chiefs from other societies, tribal societies around the world had Chiefs, as does the military and companies. I doubt native Americans were the only ones with arrowheads...

MahiMike
01-26-2021, 09:44 AM
I'm waiting for the league of Pirates to come out and denounce the Buccaneers...

Spott
01-26-2021, 09:47 AM
Just emailed my CEO and told him he’s racist and needs to get a new job title. We’ll see how it works out.

BWillie
01-26-2021, 10:12 AM
I'm waiting for the league of Pirates to come out and denounce the Buccaneers...

I know right. My great grandma came here from the Scandinavian area in the early 1940's. As a third generation Scandinavian, I demand the Viking name to be changed immediately. How dare they dishonor my ancestry by wearing horns and other Viking imagery. They also use a giant Gjallarhorn during game days and have fire come out of it. The audacity of these people disrespecting me! I'm so mad!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0142/5765/1776/files/gjallarhorn-500x262.jpg

https://www.alehorn.com/blogs/blog/new-massive-gjallarhorn-sounding-horn-for-the-minnesota-vikings#:~:text=New%20Massive%20'Gjallarhorn'%20Sounding%20Horn%20for%20the%20Minnesota%20Vikings,-Home%20%2F%20Blog&text=In%20Norse%20Mythology%2C%20the%20Gjallarhorn,announce%20the%20coming%20of%20Ragnar%C3%B6k.

Tribal Warfare
01-26-2021, 10:18 AM
I know right. My great grandma came here from the Scandinavian area in the early 1940's. As a third generation Scandinavian, I demand the Viking name to be changed immediately. How dare they dishonor my ancestry by wearing horns and other Viking imagery. They also use a giant Gjallarhorn during game days and have fire come out of it. The audacity of these people disrespecting me! I'm so mad!

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0142/5765/1776/files/gjallarhorn-500x262.jpg

https://www.alehorn.com/blogs/blog/new-massive-gjallarhorn-sounding-horn-for-the-minnesota-vikings#:~:text=New%20Massive%20'Gjallarhorn'%20Sounding%20Horn%20for%20the%20Minnesota%20Vikings,-Home%20%2F%20Blog&text=In%20Norse%20Mythology%2C%20the%20Gjallarhorn,announce%20the%20coming%20of%20Ragnar%C3%B6k.

I can't believe Dallas named themselves The Cowboys those individuals raped and killed Native Americans

The Patriots use as their connotation Revolutionary statesmen those fuckers owned, raped, and killed slaves

kevrunner
01-26-2021, 12:12 PM
How does a team getaway using the Buccaneers as a their name? Those guys were pretty much a bunch of criminals.

jettio
01-26-2021, 02:00 PM
How does a team getaway using the Buccaneers as a their name? Those guys were pretty much a bunch of criminals.

There was an Arena Football League teamed called the Austin Wranglers.

I thought that was intentionally close to the Boston Strangler, the famous serial killer in the 60's.

Valiant
01-26-2021, 09:01 PM

I want one of those shirts.

mr. tegu
01-26-2021, 09:14 PM
I say just start bringing out Chiefs from other societies, tribal societies around the world had Chiefs, as does the military and companies. I doubt native Americans were the only ones with arrowheads...

They appropriated them from Neanderthals.

ThyKingdomCome15
01-26-2021, 09:39 PM
Brought to you by Shake Weight.

neech
01-26-2021, 11:06 PM
Half of you idiots completely missed why this thread was bumped.

So the other half of idiots understand why this thread was bumped then.

redfan
01-27-2021, 10:17 AM
Did real Native Americans ever have a chant/battle cry that sounded like "the chop"? If so, I could see the point of cultural appropriation. I'm not enough of a historian to know. To me, it sounds like something somebody imagined what a war cry would sound like, with no historical connotation. I've never been a fan of the chop, only because it was an FSU thing and I felt the Chiefs should have something original. If a bunch of folks want to chant something some other folks made up, more power to them. I used to do it when I was a youngster, but I haven't in many, many years. Maybe I outgrew it, idk.
I'm not of Native American descent. None of my NA friends (3) have a problem with it (we've discussed it), but clearly some do. Change it to appease the minority? Are they even the minority? Is the word chief bad now? Big brain sports questions!