PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mahomes is just a sniper now

Mahomes_Is_God
09-10-2020, 11:44 PM
Does he even try?

Halfcan
09-10-2020, 11:52 PM
Seems like he played with one hand behind his back.

eDave
09-10-2020, 11:54 PM
The whole game was just lackluster, even though it wasn't.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-10-2020, 11:56 PM
The game was almost ‘boring’ to watch. Looked too easy. It’s like the Chiefs and Mahomes were just toying with them.

Think they finally broke through and went SSJ.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-10-2020, 11:57 PM
He just hangs out and wins.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-11-2020, 12:07 AM
Seriously, it was week one. He’s interested in AFC Title games.

He’s playing for the next AFC Title. Texans week one = pocket change.

comochiefsfan
09-11-2020, 12:10 AM
Highlights from the game:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fa2c3a2bd93e1fe1463797bb7c4b1162/tenor.gif?itemid=8225481

We could've easily put 60 on these guys. Reid and Mahomes had a big bowl of vanilla with a bit of sprinkles.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-11-2020, 12:13 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fa2c3a2bd93e1fe1463797bb7c4b1162/tenor.gif?itemid=8225481

We could've easily put 60 on these guys. Reid and Mahomes had a big bowl of vanilla with a bit of sprinkles.

Omg, perfect.

St. Patty's Fire
09-11-2020, 12:13 AM

It was a preseason level gameplan honestly. The most basic play calling I’ve seen from Reid in a Chiefs opener. And the game still wasn’t even close to being close. Just wait until Andy is going balls the wall in December and Jan

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 12:16 AM
You can tell he isn't thinking at all anymore. He's just reacting to what he reads.

Almost every dude he hit tonight appeared to wide open because Mahomes knows exactly where to go with the ball, and when.

That knee injury last year is going to pay off in the long run. It forced him to play from the pocket more for a brief moment in time, and now it's second nature.

comochiefsfan
09-11-2020, 12:28 AM
You can tell he isn't thinking at all anymore. He's just reacting to what he reads.

Almost every dude he hit tonight appeared to wide open because Mahomes knows exactly where to go with the ball, and when.

That knee injury last year is going to pay off in the long run. It forced him to play from the pocket more for a brief moment in time, and now it's second nature.

I definitely miss his style of play from 2018 where he was sprinting around the yard doing ridiculous shit.

But this style of play is (while more "boring") much more effective.

To be honest, he reminded me of Brady tonight. taking what the defense gave him and hitting checkdowns, screens and slants for 8-10 yards a pop.

If he can combine this style of intelligent quarterbacking, with the incredible playmaking ability that we know he has, there's no doubt he'll go down as the greatest to ever play this game.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 12:35 AM
That throw to Kelce for the TD is a pretty good example of how far he's come.

That was a very tight window that needed a basically perfect throw to not be contested in some way, and he and Kelce executed that like no one else was on the field. The Texans looked like a bunch of tackling dummies.

Dante84
09-11-2020, 12:35 AM
My avi agrees with this thread

Dante84
09-11-2020, 12:38 AM
How about that ball placement on the non-TD to DRop?

eDave
09-11-2020, 12:42 AM

I facebooked this. Gonna garner lots of likes and ha ha's.

St. Patty's Fire
09-11-2020, 01:01 AM
That throw to Kelce for the TD is a pretty good example of how far he's come.

That was a very tight window that needed a basically perfect throw to not be contested in some way, and he and Kelce executed that like no one else was on the field. The Texans looked like a bunch of tackling dummies.

https://i.imgur.com/5MrNhma.jpg

Just a mind bending throw. This still image just shows how ridiculous Mahomes anticipation is

eDave
09-11-2020, 01:24 AM
Just a mind bending throw. This still image just shows how ridiculous Mahomes anticipation is

That's a great frame. I forget where kelce caught that. Can't wait for Simms' analysis.

Pitt Gorilla
09-11-2020, 01:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5MrNhma.jpg

Man, what in the world do you see there, Pat? You can’t just will a guy open. Right?!?

BlackOp
09-11-2020, 01:35 AM
There wasn't a lot of "gun-slinging"...or Mahomes forcing things.

Is this a sign of Mahomes maturing?

It did kind of feel like they were on auto-pilot...looked relaxed and easy...almost boring.

eDave
09-11-2020, 01:36 AM
Man, what in the world do you see there, Pat? You can’t just will a guy open. Right?!?

Texans GDT found that play to be illegal on Kelce's part.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 01:43 AM

It did kind of feel like they were on auto-pilot...looked relaxed and easy...almost boring.

This all started last year.

This is what Mahomes was like in that Bears game.

He has mastered Alex's "Death by 1,000 Paper Cuts."

BlackOp
09-11-2020, 01:47 AM
He has mastered Alex's "Death by 1,000 Paper Cuts."

And this is effective...only Smith could never deliver the kill shot or a comeback. He still managed about 11 wins a year...

If Mahomes can incorporate this into his game...yeah.

eDave
09-11-2020, 01:50 AM
And this is effective...only Smith could never deliver the kill shot or a comeback. He still managed about 11 wins a year...

Mahomes hit his outlet one time and I joked about him pulling a Smith. But it was just that one time and it was a good gainer.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 01:51 AM

He already has.

The matchup in a month with Belichick will tell us if he has reached his final form.

rabblerouser
09-11-2020, 02:06 AM

REID COULDN'T EVEN SEE THE PLAY SHEET.

BlackOp
09-11-2020, 02:16 AM
Another component where Mahomes differs from Smith...is if there was an offensive holding call, you were kind of screwed. Things had to go perfect for those 12-14 play drives...

How many time did he just dump off the ball for a 4 yard gain when they needed 10...and concede the drive? The "Hidden Yards" horseshit...

That isnt in Mahomes DNA...he knows where the first down marker is.

Frazod
09-11-2020, 02:18 AM
Seems like he played with one hand behind his back.

https://i.imgur.com/W8AvQlc.gif

Nickhead
09-11-2020, 02:39 AM
the chiefs are 1-0 in the shortened 2 game preseason...

joking aside, im about to bet on the chiefs breaking the all time nfl win streak this year :D

Mahomes_Is_God
09-11-2020, 03:23 AM

It was a fun-ass game. Mahomes was just perfect. The other boys brought the fun

RedRaider56
09-11-2020, 05:16 AM
How about that ball placement on the non-TD to DRop?

That throw was impressive. He zipped that ball through a pretty tight window right on the money.

09-11-2020, 05:50 AM
I mentioned to my buddy during the game how it felt like watching Alex Smith. So mahomes, with a running game, playing like Alex Smith, and burning the opponent down. Yeah, NFL was just put in notice.

Nickhead
09-11-2020, 06:09 AM
I mentioned to my buddy during the game how it felt like watching Alex Smith. So mahomes, with a running game, playing like Alex Smith, and burning the opponent down. Yeah, NFL was just put in notice.

'on' notice "D

chiefzilla1501
09-11-2020, 06:29 AM
I definitely miss his style of play from 2018 where he was sprinting around the yard doing ridiculous shit.

To be honest, he reminded me of Brady tonight. taking what the defense gave him and hitting checkdowns, screens and slants for 8-10 yards a pop.

If he can combine this style of intelligent quarterbacking, with the incredible playmaking ability that we know he has, there's no doubt he'll go down as the greatest to ever play this game.

I think we also saw yesterday that with CEH our weapons are almost unfair. Unlike Brady mahomes can do something explosive. It's a tremendous display of maturity that mahomes won the not flashy way yesterday.

I hope we can finally out these ridiculous qb comparisons to rest. Watson is not in mahomes' league. Mahomes can be Aaron Rodgers or Brady if he wants to be, lamar can't be anything but Michael Vick.

morphius
09-11-2020, 07:10 AM
Doesn't help that Robinson dropped two of his more exciting plays.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-12-2020, 08:41 PM

He's still got some of that 2018 in him. If I remember correctly he threw a sidearm pass to Robinson while on the run but the fucker dropped it.

DRM08
09-12-2020, 08:57 PM

I enjoy watching him get rid of the ball quick. Keeps him from taking hits. And when he gets in the zone, he can be every bit as much of a super accurate dink & dunker as the likes of Brees or Brady. He had a game in college with 85% completion. Similar deal where the defense was scared of the deep ball, so he just torched them with underneath stuff.

The more he shows this kind of patience to take the shorter stuff with smart decision-making, the better it will be for him in the long term (staying healthy to age 40+).