PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Chargers

cmh6476
09-11-2020, 09:55 AM
too soon? I don't think they beat the Bengals so they're going to be staring 0-2 in the face after next week. Never realized how much I was ready for football to start back up.

First they were saying Mike Williams might miss most of September, now he just has a questionable designation heading into Sunday?

Are they really going to go with the three-headed RB approach, or will Austin Ekeler handle the majority of work out of the backfield?

Joey Bosa and Melvin Ingram should be a challenge, but our OL seemed to hold their own very well against the Texans pass rush.

The loss of Derwin James hurts. He's so versatile and the fact they don't have him around to move from S to LB to corner and kinda makes it feel like they've lost a starter at multiple positions, not just safety.

Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?

staylor26
09-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Tyrod Taylor LMAO

cmh6476
09-11-2020, 10:00 AM
Tyrod Taylor LMAO

he's no Pat Mahomes.

carcosa
09-11-2020, 10:07 AM
We're gonna spank them so hard that poop will come out of their penis holes!!!!!!

ptlyon
09-11-2020, 10:08 AM
I really don't forsee the Chargers wanting Hebert to have his NFL debut in the ass kicking they will receive

Kman34
09-11-2020, 10:10 AM
Tyrod Taylor LMAO

Every time I hear his name I think of this..

https://store.034motorsport.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/3/034motorsport-rear-tie-rod-set-spherical-audi-small-chassis-034-406-2001-1.jpg

cmh6476
At least for the Chargers, there won't be more Chiefs fans than Chargers fans in attendance for this one :(

ModSocks
It's hard to see them scoring more than 18 points a game with Tyrod Taylor at Qb. They're a running team with no real RB, a first time OC and Tyrod Taylor.

Easy 6
09-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Just send the second and third string, and let Bienemy be the HC this week

BlackOp
09-11-2020, 10:26 AM
I read that Taylor averages 1 TD a game in his starts...

NFL has a new 5 billion dollar stadium that they are trying to get filled....beating the SB Champs would go a long way to getting asses in the seats.

I dont think they have horses to make this competitive...no matter what NFL corporate would like.

Jewish Rabbi
09-11-2020, 10:29 AM
I read that Taylor averages 1 TD a game in his starts...

NFL has a new 5 billion dollar stadium that they are trying to get filled....beating the SB Champs would go a long way to getting asses in the seats.

I dont think they have horses to make this competitive...no matter what NFL corporate would like.

You’re a moron.

BlackOp
09-11-2020, 10:30 AM
You’re a moron.

Thanks...I've always looked to you for intellectual guidance.

Real inspiration...

pugsnotdrugs19
09-11-2020, 10:54 AM
We know what’s gonna happen.

Will look similar to last night I think.

RunKC
09-11-2020, 10:58 AM
We know what’s gonna happen.

Will look similar to last night I think.

@Ravens
@Bucs
@Saints
@Bills

Those are the only possible close games I see on the schedule. Everyone else is losing by double-digits as a certainty IMO.

12 wins is the floor for me. I think they get 14

Mahomes_Is_God
09-11-2020, 11:09 AM
Official statement from the Chiefs about the rest of their division:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mnQSg2ZB0Tw" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-11-2020, 11:11 AM
The Super Bowl Champs lose to a bottom 10-15 team. I think it is in the rule book

JD10367
09-11-2020, 12:10 PM
Remember “bring out the gimp” in “Pulp Fiction”? Yeah, it’ll be something like that.

O.city
09-11-2020, 12:11 PM
It'll probably end up similar to the Texans game. Close at first, then the Chiefs pull away. THe Chargers have alot more talent on defense so they may hang in longer.

At some point this year, the Chiefs offense is just gonna come out in high gear from the get go and they're gonna just annihilate someone. Something like 38-3 at the half or something.

ChiefBlueCFC
09-11-2020, 12:12 PM
Fuck them bitches... no derwin james, CEH in the backfield, the one team that keeps it close - but that's it - is gonna get ran outta the building

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 12:13 PM
https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/62f/e33/d2ada77e4389025a90426a81e0012fbe3a-negan.rsquare.w700.jpg

comochiefsfan
09-11-2020, 12:14 PM
Another vanilla play calling game from Andy.

We'll win like 31-17 and it won't be as close as the final score indicates.

I don't think he wants to put anything on tape for Baltimore.

tredadda
09-11-2020, 12:49 PM
Tyrod Taylor LMAO

Exactly. That guy makes Alex Smith look like a gunslinger.

ModSocks
09-11-2020, 12:52 PM
Mike Pouncey is out for their game against Cinci.

RunKC
09-11-2020, 12:52 PM
https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/62f/e33/d2ada77e4389025a90426a81e0012fbe3a-negan.rsquare.w700.jpg

Need a photoshop on that with Pat’s head LMAO

2bikemike
09-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Beautiful new stadium and no fans, and I don't mean in the stadium! :D

Always look forward to beating the Chargers. Having lived in San Diego it is the one team I truly despise. I never feel sorry for them when they lose.

I look forward to the Chiefs blowing them out!

KChiefs1
09-11-2020, 01:08 PM
Patrick Mahomes vs Tyrod Taylor.

Enough said.

Direckshun
09-11-2020, 01:11 PM
It's going to be a legit beatdown. The 2020 Chiefs have too much leadership to take anyone lightly.

The Chiefs are actually built to stop a RB like Ekeler. And Tyrod Taylor poses no threat to keeping up with Mahomes.

Meanwhile, the Chargers have outstanding edge rushers but Fisher and Schwartz will handle that. They have a great secondary but they lost Derwin James, who they absolutely need if they want to stop Mahomes. With no Derwin, you can expect Kelce to devour the middle of the field and Mahomes will kill them everywhere else if the Chargers overcommit to stopping him.

There's really only one piece of suspense in this game: how will Sneed/Fenton/Hamilton/Keyes manage against the Chargers WRs?

No matter what the answer is to that question, the Chiefs will win this game. But the answer will tell us about what the rest of the season might look like at the CB position.

Red Dawg
09-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Should be another win. They are hurting.

Hammock Parties
09-11-2020, 01:12 PM
Need a photoshop on that with Pat’s head LMAO

https://i.imgur.com/azt2qZJ.jpg

Deberg_1990
09-11-2020, 01:18 PM
Chargers keep it close, but come up short.

Chiefs 37

Chargers 10

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-11-2020, 01:20 PM
Sammy is gonna eat again!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No flex I am apart of something special I have some of the best teammates and coaches that just get it we on a mission not to just win but to make each other better humans and along the way create a positive change and outlook in the world we are the chiefs..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1304491860442992642?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-11-2020, 01:21 PM
Pouncey will be out for the first week, at least per. CBS Sports

Halfcan
09-11-2020, 01:23 PM

I feel like this first game we took the Ferrari (our offense) out of the garage, gave it a quick wax job in the driveway, then put it away. We never really got it going and put the pedal down. I think that might have been our Preseason playbook we used. We showed nothing especially the 4th quarter.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-11-2020, 01:25 PM
I think I’d sit Ward out for this one. Worst case scenario if you end up in a shootout, the Chiefs still win that battle.

frozenchief
09-11-2020, 01:29 PM

Or New Orleans.

I think Andy is looking forward to the rest of this season and the playoffs. Nate Taylor said today that they showed very few new or complex plays compared to what he could see in practice. Yesterday's game very much had the sense of knocking the rust off, putting rookies through the paces and just finding a groove, not of putting the hammer down.

I expect that the Chargers game will be similar to last night's game. Chargers have a good defense - they've got Joey Bosa and their d-backs are formidable. But our O-line last night was a step up from last year and with CEH, teams either load the box to stop him or they empty the box to stop Mahomes. And we have not even seen CEH as a pass catcher. For the Chargers game, we can gauge how much Andy is hiding future game plans by seeing how much CEH gains receiving yards. The fewer receiving yards, the more he's hiding his future game plans.

Halfcan
09-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Tyrod will be running for his life. He can't throw worth a shit on the run either. SD will try and pound their running game on us, but will fall behind and not have an answer.

They will probably be like the Texans and keep running the clock for us when down by 3 scores, becasue they don't have any other option.

38 - 17 Chiefs

RunKC
09-11-2020, 02:14 PM
These guys are going to fly on that new turf

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We&#39;re excited to announce our exclusive partnership with <a href="https://twitter.com/googlecloud?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GoogleCloud</a> today, powering SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park&#39;s digital innovation roadmap.<a href="https://t.co/3r5F12B1IU">https://t.co/3r5F12B1IU</a> <a href="https://t.co/VzMV6sFuYm">pic.twitter.com/VzMV6sFuYm</a></p>&mdash; SoFi Stadium (@SoFiStadium) <a href="https://twitter.com/SoFiStadium/status/1304457173297016835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6
09-11-2020, 02:37 PM
These guys are going to fly on that new turf

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We&#39;re excited to announce our exclusive partnership with <a href="https://twitter.com/googlecloud?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GoogleCloud</a> today, powering SoFi Stadium and Hollywood Park&#39;s digital innovation roadmap.<a href="https://t.co/3r5F12B1IU">https://t.co/3r5F12B1IU</a> <a href="https://t.co/VzMV6sFuYm">pic.twitter.com/VzMV6sFuYm</a></p>&mdash; SoFi Stadium (@SoFiStadium) <a href="https://twitter.com/SoFiStadium/status/1304457173297016835?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Damn, that’s a beautiful venue... too bad we’re gonna burn it down

cmh6476
09-14-2020, 07:58 AM
If it weren't for Randy Bullock pulling a hammy at the end, the Bengals tie the game and likely win. We're talking about a rookie QB in his first NFL action. You would think as much as everyone touts the Chargers defense, they would have caused more problems for Burrow.

I'm also not sure if the Bengals defense is any good or not, but the Chargers did this:

Punt
Punt
Punt
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal
Turnover on Downs
Field Goal
Missed Field Goal
Punt
Touchdown
Field Goal
Punt

It's almost like they can't figure out what to do with their three running backs. I'm sitting Ekeler in my fantasy leagues until further notice, because the Chargers just seem to want to get too cute. Also Tyrod Taylor doesn't seem to be a good fit for what they would like to accomplish on offense. You have strong receivers at the skill position and what seems to be a talented backfield. Might as well speed up the transition to Herbert, because otherwise you're just wasting the talent on this team.

cmh6476
09-14-2020, 08:02 AM
Joe Burrow: 23/36 (64% completion pct.), throwing for 193 yards. Mixon 69 yards on 19 carries, while Burrow had 46 yards on 8 carries.

It's hard to get a read on the Bengals because unless you were really trying last year (like buying Sunday ticket and tuning in each week) you really didn't get a chance to see them play. If I had to guess though, they're going to be fighting Cleveland for the 3rd/ 4th place finish in the division. I don't see much chance for the Chargers to win next week.

Why Not?
09-14-2020, 08:11 AM
If the Chiefs score more than 17pts, it’s a W

cmh6476
09-14-2020, 08:15 AM
the fake crowd noise will probably be accurate for this game. For as many times as they missed and cheered for the opposing teams yesterday, this would likely have been reality for this one.

BlackOp
09-14-2020, 08:18 AM
Just to point out an anomoly that happened yesterday...

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Live announcers called both game-deciding penalties "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...if it were a shoot-out, where the last team with the ball might win, maybe.

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...

cmh6476
09-14-2020, 08:20 AM

Both So-FI Stadium teams (Rams/Chargers) received a questionable OPI in the final 30 seconds...Bengals had a game winning TD taken off, Cowboys had a completion removed that would have put them into scoring range.

Announcers called them both "ticky-tack"....

Cowboys also pulled a head-scratching move in a low scoring game...down 20-17 in the 4th, they went on 4-3 inside their own 10....passing on the chance to tie.

Bengals kicker was 24/24 yet horribly shanked a last second FG that was essentially an extra point...

are you a conspiracy theorist?

Sofa King
09-14-2020, 08:34 AM
It’s gonna be a bloodbath.

BlackOp
09-14-2020, 08:39 AM
are you a conspiracy theorist?

I'm just saying...teams with new stadiums tend to get a lot of strange things that happen in their favor that season. I've pointed it out for years...

I'm sure the NFL was happy that both teams, with a new $6 billion stadium in a massive market, won on opening weekend.

I was watching to see if anything odd happened yesterday...and it did.

You can draw your own conclusions...

Raiders, who also have a new stadium, won on a last minute questionable decision....

from ESPN

"Trailing 34-30, Panthers new offensive coordinator Joe Brady called a handoff to fullback Alex Armah -- instead of All-Pro Christian McCaffrey -- on fourth-and-inches at midfield, He was stopped at the line with 1:11 left. McCaffrey racked up 134 yards from scrimmage and scored two touchdowns.

Rhule took blame for the call of the game"

RunKC
09-14-2020, 08:44 AM

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...

Chargers get an awful call go their way late in the 4th quarter the same as they did when they beat us at Arrowhead.

Such a big time break for them that they get a TD off of it near the end of the game.

The score is now KC 35 LAC 14

wazu
09-14-2020, 08:45 AM
I have to admit, BlackOp had a good day yesterday. Those games were maddening to watch.

BlackOp
09-14-2020, 08:56 AM
I have to admit, BlackOp had a good day yesterday. Those games were maddening to watch.

It wasn't a good day...I mean, I was just noticing anomalies.

Chiefs "should" kill the Chargers...their offense stinks. It is opening day for the Chargers though...but they just arent good enough with Taylor at QB.

NFL is a business...Chargers beating KC in a miracle/being 2-0 would go a long way to driving new interest.

Really...I just follow the money...Chiefs are too talented to be in a game close enough to be manipulated.

If it ends up being close...SO-FI will probably get the calls, late. Mahomes is going to play-offs...so it would just be early season marketing fodder.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 09:08 AM

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...

Oh just STFU already. Your posts are painfully stupid.

morphius
09-14-2020, 09:44 AM
Oh just STFU already. Your posts are painfully stupid.

That Cowboy call was right on the money, the original shot showed how much separation he got from the push off. It was blatant and obvious. As soon as I saw it I yelled to the TV, "You have to call that one!".

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 09:47 AM
He is right about the stadium thing. It's been that way for years

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 09:51 AM
That Cowboy call was right on the money, the original shot showed how much separation he got from the push off. It was blatant and obvious. As soon as I saw it I yelled to the TV, "You have to call that one!".

Blatantly obvious. FFS, you could see Ramsey's momentum completely shift. They're going to call that.

Hell, that was more egregious than the Sorenson/Kittle OPI in the SB.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 09:55 AM
He is right about the stadium thing. It's been that way for years

No, he's not. He's been saying the same goddamn thing about the Chargers/Rams/Raiders for 3 years now.

Last year he had the Chargers/Rams in the playoffs because "hurp-durp Stadium!". Remember, the Raiders were suppose to beat the Chiefs too because "Stadium!". GMAFB.

It's called warping the perspective to fit within his narrative. It's what these morons do.

And when the Chiefs beat the Texans on Thursday? "Wow look how great the Chiefs are!".

Illogical and inconsistent = full of shit.

stumppy
09-14-2020, 09:57 AM
JFC, we need a damn forum for the conspiracy idiots to post in.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 09:58 AM
No, he's not. He's been saying the same goddamn thing about the Chargers/Rams/Raiders for 3 years now.

Last year he had the Chargers/Rams in the playoffs because "hurp-durp Stadium!". Remember, the Raiders were suppose to beat the Chiefs too because "Stadium!". GMAFB.

It's called warping the perspective to fit within his narrative. It's what these morons do.

And when the Chiefs beat the Texans on Thursday? "Wow look how great the Chiefs are!".

Illogical and inconsistent = full of shit.

No he's right on that one. I just told you that

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 09:59 AM
They are a below average roster with a bad QB, so it shouldn't come down to one play anyway. We good...

The Franchise
09-14-2020, 10:01 AM
Hopefully we aren’t looking ahead to the Ravens.

stumppy
09-14-2020, 10:01 AM

Yup, nothing ticky tacky about it at all. If the Chiefs get a call like that none of the conspiracy fools would say a word about it.
You see the wr's arm extend and push the cb back. OPI by the book!

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 10:03 AM
Hopefully we aren’t looking ahead to the Ravens.

I watched all 4qtrs of that boring ass Chargers game with my Charger fan nephew.

I have no fucking idea how they'll score points.

The Franchise
09-14-2020, 10:07 AM
I watched all 4qtrs of that boring ass Chargers game with my Charger fan nephew.

Taylor look that bad?

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 10:09 AM
I remember Turdrod lighting us up at Arrowhead once or twice. Sad days

wazu
09-14-2020, 10:11 AM

Pfft. Jalen Ramsey deserves an Academy Award for his performance on that play.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-14-2020, 10:13 AM
The Chargers suck ass.

ModSocks
Taylor look that bad?

He showed a willingness to chuck up deep balls and get Mike Williams' head knocked off in double and triple coverage, outside of that it was your typical dink and dunk from Taylor.

Taylor spent most of the game as a sub 50% passer. Hell, he finished 16/30.

The Chargers scored 6 points through 3 quarters of football.

They scored 10 in the 4th quarter thanks to Joe Mixon fumbling, i wanna say, IIRC, inside their own 30.

They escaped O/T thanks to the Bengals kicker injuring himself on a FG attempt.

It was a completely inept offensive performance, and the D wasn't great either.

Pasta Little Brioni

Yup. I have seen FAR worse go uncalled all the time

wazu

Same. That offense looked really bad. Tyrod provides no realistic threat of downfield passing. And they seem to have eliminated even the short dump-off passes that Gordon/Ekeler feasted on in past few years under Rivers. Zero imagination.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 10:15 AM
Oh, and one more :facepalm:

The Chargers were inside the Bengals 30 with about 23secs before half and two timeouts...and went with two straight runs and then a FG....

I mean....LMAO

keg in kc
09-14-2020, 10:15 AM
They look awful. It ought to be another beating like the Texans. Or worse.

But the NFL is weird sometimes.

keg in kc
09-14-2020, 10:17 AM
Oh, and one more :facepalm:

The Chargers were inside the Bengals 30 with about 23secs before half...and went with two straight runs and then a FG....

I mean....LMAOI thought Marty retired 15 years ago?

Frazod
09-14-2020, 10:19 AM
I'm just saying...teams with new stadiums tend to get a lot of strange things that happen in their favor that season. I've pointed it out for years...

I'm sure the NFL was happy that both teams, with a new $6 billion stadium in a massive market, won on opening weekend.

I was watching to see if anything odd happened yesterday...and it did.

You can draw your own conclusions...

Raiders, who also have a new stadium, won on a last minute questionable decision....

from ESPN

"Trailing 34-30, Panthers new offensive coordinator Joe Brady called a handoff to fullback Alex Armah -- instead of All-Pro Christian McCaffrey -- on fourth-and-inches at midfield, He was stopped at the line with 1:11 left. McCaffrey racked up 134 yards from scrimmage and scored two touchdowns.

Rhule took blame for the call of the game"

The funny thing is neither LA team has a decent fanbase to begin with. The Chargers are starless, unwanted orphans who couldn't fill a soccer stadium, and even after the Lambs were gifted a Super Bowl appearance they still couldn't draw dick. Throw in the general backlash against the NFL over all the political crap and the downturn in the economy, and seriously, I think that $5 billion stadium is going to be mostly empty whether attendance is banned or not; the Covid thing saved them from a massive embarrassment. And when people are eventually let in, about half of them will be rooting for the other team. That will definitely be the case with the new Vegas stadium.

I don't think any amount of officiating hijinks will change any of this. Especially when it comes to the Chiefs. Mahomes is too smart, the offense is too fast, talented and multifaceted, and the defense is now decent enough to overcome bad/questionable calls.

lcarus
09-14-2020, 10:53 AM
The refs should forego the usual whistle in favor of one of these

https://popkeychain.com/image/cache/alarm/006/001-800x800.jpg

gonefishin53
09-14-2020, 11:24 AM
From what I saw, the Chargers are worse than the Texans offensively and defensively. Since the Chiefs scored 31 consecutive points against the Texans, they should easily do the same against the Chargers.

Halfcan
09-14-2020, 11:28 AM
Chiefs 45 Chargers 10

DRM08
09-14-2020, 11:35 AM
Last few games against Chargers have been a lot closer than you want to see. Hopefully KC can run them out of the stadium this time.

Mecca
09-14-2020, 11:37 AM
Their offensive gameplan is entirely predicated on protecting Tyrod Taylor.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 11:39 AM

Regardless, it wasn't a terrible, egregious call. It's one that gets called more often than not.

The real problem is Marty McCarthy playing to win when he shouldn't and playing not to lose the rest of the time.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 11:42 AM
The Chargers are going to try and control the ball and shorten the game. Just like pretty much every other team the Chiefs will face this year with a few exceptions.

They just can't score points.

Mecca
09-14-2020, 11:43 AM
Regardless, it wasn't a terrible, egregious call. It's one that gets called more often than not.

The real problem is Marty McCarthy playing to win when he shouldn't and playing not to lose the rest of the time.

End of game sequence, Cowboys are down by 1 score.
The Cowboys are huddled around McCarthy ,"We got 90 seconds Coach, what's your plan?"
McCarthy stares blankly at Dak, "Do that thing you always do Aaron!"
Dak responds, "The hell you talking about? We need a plan!"
McCarthy starts to wander around aimlessly, "WHAT IS THIS PLACE? THERE'S NO CHEESEHEADS HERE! I'VE NEVER BEEN HERE BEFORE!?" he reaches out and touches Dak on the arm, "AHHHHhhhhh, he's not Aaron Rodgers!?"

Dude literally has never had to deal with "end of game coaching" for a decade plus. Dallas is going to had a record similar to last year with a bunch of single score losses.

wazu
09-14-2020, 11:48 AM

Yeah, maybe it's too fresh in my mind, but I'm having a hard time remembering Garrett doing anything quite as dumb as what we saw last night. Running up the middle on 3rd and 6? Then declining to tie it up following that play? He blamed analytics, but once again it seems like an example of a coach only half understanding what the analytics guys are telling him.

O.city
09-14-2020, 11:50 AM
The Chargers are essentially the 14 KC Chiefs. Remember how those games went against Manning's Bronco teams?

Yeah, that's about what Sunday will be like.

Chiefshrink
09-14-2020, 11:57 AM
Chiefs 45 Chargers 10

Should be yes. But we all know divisional games are a different bird and are much closer than they should be.;)

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 12:00 PM
Should be yes. But we all know divisional games are a different bird and are much closer than they should be.;)

The Chargers secondary looks slower this year and offensively they don't have Rivers there to get them first downs.

The Chargers used a lot of QB roll outs that turned into 5 yard dump passes while taking a few deep shots at Mike Williams.

If Eric Hicks were still playing i'd be concerned. Mike Williams will probably get some here and there because he's a fucking monster, and these WR's will get open on our DB's, but with Taylor and the Chargers philosophy it won't matter much.

Megatron96
09-14-2020, 12:17 PM
The short answer:

The Chargers are starting Tyrod Taylor, and are missing key parts of both their offense and defense.

Andy is going to treat this as a preseason game just like week 1.

Chiefs win by 10+, in spite of the lackluster play-calling. CEH won't run for 130+ yards, but will catch at least 8 passes. Kelce and Watkins have another solid game.

morphius
09-14-2020, 12:32 PM

It is so rare to get that call, acting is a bad idea in that instance. I mean heck, in our last game Sneed got pushed to the ground, WR dropped the ball, but no flag came out.

TinyEvel
09-14-2020, 12:35 PM

I cant think of a realistic scenario where you make that decision...if it were a shoot-out, where the last team with the ball might win, maybe.

I think Buckeye Pea wants your help over in DC.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-14-2020, 12:57 PM
Andy is gonna be super vanilla with this one I think, they could score 40 but will probably settle for 28

ROYC75
09-14-2020, 01:56 PM

To be fair here, that kicker got a crap or pulled a muscle in his leg as he planted it to kick.

Just bad timing!

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 01:59 PM
To be fair here, that kicker got a crap or pulled a muscle in his leg as he planted it to kick.

Just bad timing!

He was limping but he could have been doing that so people wouldn't beat the crap out of him for missing a gimme.

He wouldn't be the first guy to fake an injury so that he had a built-in excuse for sucking.

ptlyon
09-14-2020, 02:00 PM
I know if I had to take a crap I wouldn't be able kick a field goal

Mecca
09-14-2020, 02:13 PM
He was limping but he could have been doing that so people wouldn't beat the crap out of him for missing a gimme.

He wouldn't be the first guy to fake an injury so that he had a built-in excuse for sucking.

That kicker looked like he had to put his beer and hog dog down to go kick, he was the bastion of fitness.

St. Patty's Fire
09-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Andy is gonna be super vanilla with this one I think, they could score 40 but will probably settle for 28

Have to agree. Hope we don’t get too caught up in the Ravens game being the week after. This is an easy one to overlook, tht said with the leadership in the room I’m not too worried about something like that

wazu
09-14-2020, 02:54 PM
Quick update on the Bengals kicker:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> K Randy Bullock was limited at practice today. Here&#39;s the twist: Bullock said after the game he hurt his left calf but cameras showed he was holding his right calf after he missed the game-tying FG. So the team is listing him as limited (calves - plural). ��</p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1305589838800924674?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2020</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Danguardace
09-14-2020, 02:54 PM
You don't bring a Tarod to a Mahomes fight

DRM08
09-14-2020, 03:00 PM
Have to agree. Hope we don’t get too caught up in the Ravens game being the week after. This is an easy one to overlook, tht said with the leadership in the room I’m not too worried about something like that

With the new rules on bye weeks in the playoffs, you have to stay laser-focused for every game of the season. Given that Baltimore had a 14-2 record last year and they look like another very strong team this year, you pretty much need the mentality that you gotta win at least 14 games this year including that Ravens game.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Badger can make sure all players on both sides of the ball stay focused every single week. The only difference for bigger games like Baltimore should be the coaches deciding to unleash more exotic playcalling.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 03:33 PM
With the new rules on bye weeks in the playoffs, you have to stay laser-focused for every game of the season. Given that Baltimore had a 14-2 record last year and they look like another very strong team this year, you pretty much need the mentality that you gotta win at least 14 games this year including that Ravens game.

Hopefully Mahomes and the Badger can make sure all players on both sides of the ball stay focused every single week. The only difference for bigger games like Baltimore should be the coaches deciding to unleash more exotic playcalling.

I don't see this team looking past anybody. They're just not that kind of team.

RINGLEADER
09-14-2020, 03:37 PM
The Chargers will need 35+ points.

Tyrod Taylor is capable of leading the Chargers to 35+ points.

If you give him two games to do it.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 03:37 PM
The Chargers will need 35+ points.

Tyrod Taylor is capable of leading the Chargers to 35+ points.

If you give him two games to do it.

Maybe 3 games even.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-15-2020, 12:01 PM
If I’m the Chargers, the offensive game plan is simple. Test the Chiefs cornerbacks by throwing jump balls up to Mike Williams and get the ball to Ekeler as a receiver matched up on our LBs.

And if they can have some success with that, they’ll probably keep it close for the first half.

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 12:21 PM
Tyrod Taylor is the QB. Based on his career, we can expect him to throw for under 180 yards, less than 6.5 yds/att, completion% around 50%, and about 1 or 0 TDs.

And if this were later in the year, and we were playing for the bye I'd expect Andy to run up the score a bit. But based on last week's performance, I still think we're going to see Andy plan this like a preseason game. He'll establish the run, then see how CEH performs in the passing game this week. He'll get all of his skill players involved and get a two score lead, maybe even something around 17 points or so, then he'll call of the dogs and run a pretty vanilla offense that eats up gobs of time to finish the game.

If we go into the middle of the third Q with at least a 16 point lead, I won't be surprised to see Darwin get some snaps while CEH takes the rest of the game off. Something similar to what we saw at about the half-way mark of the third against the Raiders in week 2 last year.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-15-2020, 12:25 PM
I don’t mind Andy going vanilla with a big lead ahead of Baltimore next week, but I could go without Clyde getting another 25-30 carries.

No sense in risking his health more than we have to. Week 1, needed the live reps, cool. Now he’s gotten work and confidence should he high — don’t work that horse too hard too fast.

RunKC
09-15-2020, 12:30 PM
Yeah hey Darrell and Darwin snaps in the 2nd half when we’re up big and just trying to burn clock

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 12:35 PM

What?

LMAO

Fans are not allowed in stadiums this year in California so no, they are not "trying to get filled".

Good grief.

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 12:37 PM
I don’t mind Andy going vanilla with a big lead ahead of Baltimore next week, but I could go without Clyde getting another 25-30 carries.

No sense in risking his health more than we have to. Week 1, needed the live reps, cool. Now he’s gotten work and confidence should he high — don’t work that horse too hard too fast.

Just a guess, but I think CEH will get about 8-10 rushes, and at least 5-7 targets in the passing game. If he looks good at that point, I think we see Darrel and Darwin take most if not all the rest of the rushes. No need to get our new toy all banged up before the Ravens game, which is the one that really matters.

Holy God, is Joy Taylor pregnant? Or did she get a massive upgrade in the chesticles area?

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 12:38 PM
Seriously, those things are now 50% larger than her head.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 12:43 PM
The funny thing is neither LA team has a decent fanbase to begin with.

The Rams were 3rd in overall attendance last year and were 7th in Home Attendance.

They still have a huge fan base since they played in Los Angeles from 1950 until 1994.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/attendance.htm

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 12:46 PM
I think we see Darrel and Darwin take most if not all the rest of the rushes. No need to get our new toy all banged up before the Ravens game, which is the one that really matters.

Good fucking God, NO

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 01:01 PM
Good ****ing God, NO

With a 16-20 point lead late in the third Q? I don't see why not.

I'll go one better: if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.

It's not like the Chargers are going to mount some kind of epic comeback with Captain Checkdown 2.0 running things with only 22 minutes left in the game. And Darrel and Darwin were at least capable of running a few drives late last season to ice a couple games. It's not like I'm saying they have to score. Just put together a couple 7-10 play drives a la last year's AFCCG game and take away a potential possession or two.

The Franchise
09-15-2020, 01:17 PM
With a 16-20 point lead late in the third Q? I don't see why not.

I'll go one better: if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.

It's not like the Chargers are going to mount some kind of epic comeback with Captain Checkdown 2.0 running things with only 22 minutes left in the game. And Darrel and Darwin were at least capable of running a few drives late last season to ice a couple games. It's not like I'm saying they have to score. Just put together a couple 7-10 play drives a la last year's AFCCG game and take away a potential possession or two.

Except 7-10 play drives are a lot harder to pull off with garbage at RB.

Frazod
09-15-2020, 01:28 PM
The Rams were 3rd in overall attendance last year and were 7th in Home Attendance.

They still have a huge fan base since they played in Los Angeles from 1950 until 1994.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/attendance.htm

Always seemed like the old stadium was about a third empty, and many of those that were in attendance were rooting for the other team.

And while I realize there's a large population base to draw on, I question how many original fans remain after being abandoned for over 20 years.

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 02:17 PM
Except 7-10 play drives are a lot harder to pull off with garbage at RB.

Hello? Check a couple games late last season. Andy’s already pulled this “harder” trick off more than once. In fact at least once he pulled it off with mostly Darwin in the back field. Are we now saying that with a healthy OL, weapons, and the benefit of a lesser opposing QB we can’t do the same thing again?

What exactly are we afraid of?

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 02:22 PM
Always seemed like the old stadium was about a third empty, and many of those that were in attendance were rooting for the other team.

And while I realize there's a large population base to draw on, I question how many original fans remain after being abandoned for over 20 years.

The Coliseum always looked empty because it seats 105,000. But, it's a terrible NFL stadium because the seats are so close together that it's uncomfortable for even average size adult males and the seats are just so far away from the field.

PSL's went quickly because season ticket holders had priority over non-season ticket holders. I had quite a few friends that purchased season tickets, then sold them online, just so they'd be at the front of the line when Kroeke World opened, which was supposed to be 2019, not 2020.

I see Rams jersey's and hats from time to time but I've never seen anyone, male or female, wearing Chargers gear.

I just don't see how it's going to work out for them in Los Angeles because literally, no one cares.

smithandrew051
09-15-2020, 02:33 PM
The Chargers should be disbanded.

2 automatic wins for KC every year with 2 additional bye weeks.

Automatic 1-1 for the Raiders and Donks.

BlackOp
09-15-2020, 03:15 PM
What?

LMAO

Fans are not allowed in stadiums this year in California so no, they are not "trying to get filled".

Good grief.

That's not what I meant...they are trying to sell seat licenses for next year..and drum up interest.

Beating the Chiefs would get some attention...they have to be worried about the optics of empty 2021 Charger games in a new $6 billion stadium. It was bad in a soccer stadium...

That said...Chargers arent good enough to beat KC...so it would take an overtly obvious attempt to sway the outcome.

I dont think they could beat KC with Henne starting...

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 03:24 PM
Hello? Check a couple games late last season. Andy’s already pulled this “harder” trick off more than once. In fact at least once he pulled it off with mostly Darwin in the back field. Are we now saying that with a healthy OL, weapons, and the benefit of a lesser opposing QB we can’t do the same thing again?

I've checked his stats in late games last season. In the playoffs, he received exactly 2 carries for Zero yards.

In the final six games of the regular season, he had 1, 11, 4, 8, 5 and 4 carries for a total of 119 yards at 3.5 yards per carry average.

44 yards came in the 40-9 blowout of the Raiders while 38 came in the 23-3 snowstorm against Denver, none of which were critical yards in close games.

What exactly are we afraid of?

I don't know this "we" you speak of but the last thing I want to see is Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson carrying the ball with the game on the line.

The fact that Andy trusted him when the Chiefs were blowing out their opponents isn't a strong indicator of anything. He just wanted to give Damien Williams a breather and for some strange and unknown reason, Shady was Persona Non Grata by that point.

htismaqe
09-15-2020, 03:32 PM
I don't know this "we" you speak of but the last thing I want to see is Darrel Williams or Darwin Award Thompson carrying the ball with the game on the line.

The fact that Andy trusted him when the Chiefs were blowing out their opponents isn't a strong indicator of anything. He just wanted to give Damien Williams a breather and for some strange and unknown reason, Shady was Persona Non Grata by that point.

This.

jdubya
09-15-2020, 03:48 PM
The Coliseum always looked empty because it seats 105,000. But, it's a terrible NFL stadium because the seats are so close together that it's uncomfortable for even average size adult males and the seats are just so far away from the field.

PSL's went quickly because season ticket holders had priority over non-season ticket holders. I had quite a few friends that purchased season tickets, then sold them online, just so they'd be at the front of the line when Kroeke World opened, which was supposed to be 2019, not 2020.

I see Rams jersey's and hats from time to time but I've never seen anyone, male or female, wearing Chargers gear.

I just don't see how it's going to work out for them in Los Angeles because literally, no one cares.
Always believed the smarter play would have been for the Chargers to reinvent themselves and their fanbase in Las Vegas and the Raiders should have just moved in with the Rams. Both teams share the SoCal fanbase. The wrong team moved to Vegas but oh well.

O.city
09-15-2020, 03:49 PM
Yeah, Chargers always seemed a better fit in Vegas. Or you know, back in SD.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-15-2020, 04:02 PM
Spags and our D are near elite

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> registered 24 QB pressures Thursday night against the Texans, accounting for ~ 10% of the pressures across all teams. Numbers from the next highest teams: <a href="https://twitter.com/WashingtonNFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@WashingtonNFL</a>: 14<a href="https://twitter.com/Falcons?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Falcons</a>: 13<a href="https://twitter.com/49ers?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@49ers</a>: 12<br><br>The Chiefs pressured Watson on 60% of his dropbacks.</p>&mdash; Mike Tannenbaum (@RealTannenbaum) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealTannenbaum/status/1305951738139115526?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 04:06 PM
Always believed the smarter play would have been for the Chargers to reinvent themselves and their fanbase in Las Vegas and the Raiders should have just moved in with the Rams. Both teams share the SoCal fanbase. The wrong team moved to Vegas but oh well.

Los Angeles Business Leaders, along with the Mayor and City Commission, made it blatantly clear that the Raiders were not welcome in Los Angeles under any circumstances.

The Chargers have Bottom 5 ownership, right next to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and the Jets, so of course they made a bad decision because "That's what stupid do".

jdubya
09-15-2020, 04:13 PM
Los Angeles Business Leaders, along with the Mayor and City Commission, made it blatantly clear that the Raiders were not welcome in Los Angeles under any circumstances.

The Chargers have Bottom 5 ownership, right next to Detroit, Cleveland, Jacksonville and the Jets, so of course they made a bad decision because "That's what stupid do".

Dont doubt that at all. Al was hated by city and county leaders and NFL execs everywhere so I know the political reasons why they went to Vegas........my point was specifically fan base related.

DaneMcCloud
09-15-2020, 04:15 PM
my point was specifically fan base related.

And that's exactly why Business and Civic Leaders wanted absolutely nothing to to with the Raiders in Los Angeles.

That fan base brought nothing but crime, violence and destruction to Los Angeles the first time, so there will be no second time.

Megatron96
09-15-2020, 04:21 PM
I've checked his stats in late games last season. In the playoffs, he received exactly 2 carries for Zero yards.

In the final six games of the regular season, he had 1, 11, 4, 8, 5 and 4 carries for a total of 119 yards at 3.5 yards per carry average.

44 yards came in the 40-9 blowout of the Raiders while 38 came in the 23-3 snowstorm against Denver, none of which were critical yards in close games.

Ah, I guess thanks for reiterating my point?

Darwin and Darrel carried the load when the those games were out of reach, yes.
To be specific, I said exactly this: if the Chiefs are leading by 18+ points by the 8 minute mark in the third Q, I wouldn't mind seeing Darrel and Darwin take all of the remainder of whatever rushing snaps are left in the game.

Which is the exact scenario that I posited in every post I've written concerning letting Darwin/Darrel taking over for CEH against the Chargers this weekend.

No one, and specifically myself, has said word one about letting Darwin/Darrel take the load when the game would be in doubt. NO ONE. And least of all, myself.

Work on your comprehension, again.

backinblack
09-15-2020, 04:53 PM

NFL and Kroenke didn't want the Raiders sharing a stadium with the Rams because the Raiders would overshadow the Rams in their own stadium. There's way more Raider fans in Los Angeles then either Rams or Chargers fans.

LA officials likely didn't want the Raiders because of the gang identity the team gained when they were in LA the first time.

jdubya
09-15-2020, 06:22 PM
NFL and Kroenke didn't want the Raiders sharing a stadium with the Rams because the Raiders would overshadow the Rams in their own stadium. There's way more Raider fans in Los Angeles then either Rams or Chargers fans.

LA officials likely didn't want the Raiders because of the gang identity the team gained when they were in LA the first time.

Can`t argue with you at all but looking back, it was just horrific timing for the worst perfect storm you can have ie:

The early 80`s was the height of the Cripps/Bloods turf crack wars and then you bring in the Raiders in Silver and black with a bad boy image and the gangs and rappers leveled up with it. It was a disaster. However fast forward to 2020 and it would not come close to duplicating what happened then. I think it still goes mostly to your other reason that Kroenke wouldnt want to compete with the Raider fan base and the Davis family is just hated down there.

I will stand by that the Chargers would have been better off in Vegas and the Raiders share LA or stay in Oakland but for political reasons, that was never going to happen.

Chris Meck
09-15-2020, 06:40 PM
don't care.

Chiefs 34-7

CervezaChill
09-15-2020, 06:44 PM
If we get to an early comfy lead, Andy will promptly switch to vanilla mode so I totally see a score line similar to the Texans game. Glad the game before the Ravens is a divisional rival so there’s no chance of this being a ‘trap’ game or Chiefs looking one week ahead.

backinblack
09-15-2020, 06:45 PM
Can`t argue with you at all but looking back, it was just horrific timing for the worst perfect storm you can have ie:

The early 80`s was the height of the Cripps/Bloods turf crack wars and then you bring in the Raiders in Silver and black with a bad boy image and the gangs and rappers leveled up with it. It was a disaster. However fast forward to 2020 and it would not come close to duplicating what happened then. I think it still goes mostly to your other reason that Kroenke wouldnt want to compete with the Raider fan base and the Davis family is just hated down there.

I will stand by that the Chargers would have been better off in Vegas and the Raiders share LA or stay in Oakland but for political reasons, that was never going to happen.

I honestly think the Raiders are a perfect team for Vegas, they have the draw to make it work. Despite the teams' decades long mediocrity at this point, it's one of like half a dozen NFL fanbases that are universal(and teams like the Packers/Cowboys/Steelers etc aren't moving), that is to say there are Raider fans everywhere. Vegas is a popular tourist destination for people from all over the country(and the world really), and there are Raiders fans in all corners of the country.

Plus for the tons of Raider fans that still reside in Southern California it's not a very far road trip, have seen many SoCal fans that were STHs for this year. Shame that didn't work out though.

People like to say that the new Raiders stadium would be mostly filled with opposing teams fans(no doubt it will attract a lot, but there's going to be plenty of Raiders fans), but I don't believe that's the case. The fanbase they left behind in Oakland is only a fraction of the fanbase as a whole, and from what I've seen most of us don't give a rip if they play in Oakland or Los Angeles or Las Vegas or San Antonio, we'd still be fans.

They probably would've been better off in LA, but Vegas is going to work out fine.

arrwheader
09-15-2020, 08:48 PM
Got a bad feeling officiating will suck. Don't know why, maybe because after the first week of games the league will tell refs to watch for certain things and they will over kill it.

Chiefs still win by double digits.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Chief Pagan
09-15-2020, 10:53 PM
San Antonio Chargers. Sooner or later.

BossChief
09-16-2020, 12:20 AM
Only way we lose is if we give it away.

Halfcan
09-16-2020, 12:39 AM
Chiefs will remind the Chargers why Tyrod is a backup QB at best. I am thinking Chiefs will have 5 to 7 sacks and create 2 turnovers by TY.

Best22
09-16-2020, 12:53 AM
Last few games against Chargers have been a lot closer than you want to see. Hopefully KC can run them out of the stadium this time.

In Week 17 they still had Rivers, Melvin Gordon, and Derwin James. And Mike Williams

Those men will not be present on Sunday

pugsnotdrugs19
09-16-2020, 06:40 AM
In Week 17 they still had Rivers, Melvin Gordon, and Derwin James. And Mike Williams

Those men will not be present on Sunday

Williams is, he played week 1. Just FYI

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-16-2020, 08:48 AM
A stat that just flashed across NFLN is that Austin Ekeler led all RB's in 2019 in receiving yards and the Chiefs gave up the most receiving yards to RB's in the NFL.

htismaqe
09-16-2020, 10:19 AM
A stat that just flashed across NFLN is that Austin Ekeler led all RB's in 2019 in receiving yards and the Chiefs gave up the most receiving yards to RB's in the NFL.

Good luck with that. They ain't beating the Chiefs dumping it off into the flat.

InChiefsHeaven
09-16-2020, 10:26 AM

Translation: We gotta dig for some kind of stat that shows the Bolts have a chance in hell...I know! Running back Receiving yardage!! Quick, put it up on the screen!

pugsnotdrugs19
09-16-2020, 10:58 AM
Hope Sneed sees plenty of Mike Williams. That matchup is most ideal I think for us given his size and speed, might be able to compete in those jump ball situations best.

Expect HB to be on Keenan Allen plenty.

ModSocks
09-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Hope Sneed sees plenty of Mike Williams. That matchup is most ideal I think for us given his size and speed, might be able to compete in those jump ball situations best.

Expect HB to be on Keenan Allen plenty.

We don't really have a good matchup for Mike Williams. He's gonna get his, but it won't be enough. He's a splash play guy.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-16-2020, 12:02 PM
The Chargers with Rivers beat Lamar in the playoffs. We better be ascared

New World Order
09-16-2020, 12:35 PM
I think this could be an ugly game. 24-16 Chiefs

Halfcan
09-16-2020, 12:42 PM

I expect the Chargers to do this a lot in the second half- becasue we will be up by 3 scores and in the prevent defense. We will give them easy time-killing dumpoffs.

htismaqe
09-16-2020, 12:47 PM
I expect the Chargers to do this a lot in the second half- becasue we will be up by 3 scores and in the prevent defense. We will give them easy time-killing dumpoffs.

Kind of like week 2 in 2018 when Gordon and Ekeler combined for 66 yards on 5 catches in the 4th quarter.

BlackOp
09-16-2020, 12:53 PM
I think this could be an ugly game. 24-16 Chiefs

Speaking of ugly...watching the Bengals-Chargers game was the worst combinations of uniforms I've ever seen. Jesus.

Those new Charger road uniforms are hideous...that cant be good for morale.

TRR
09-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Didn’t realize the Chargers held Mahomes under 200 yards passing in both games last season, and intercepted him once in each game. Hopefully he’s taken that next step, and can put up some big numbers on Sunday, including the most important, a W.

O.city
09-16-2020, 03:47 PM
They have a damn good defense.

Megatron96
09-16-2020, 04:02 PM
Their offense is less than half as effective this year vs. last. They're missing a key part of their defense. Their RB1 is playing for another AFC-W team. Their WR2 is dinged.

I think we're going to be okay.

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-17-2020, 02:17 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Out for the season. Brutal. <a href="https://t.co/EG95vxS7H2">https://t.co/EG95vxS7H2</a></p>&mdash; Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1306688222701985801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
09-17-2020, 02:18 PM
Jones is going to rape... their guards suck ass too

O.city
09-17-2020, 02:19 PM
Can't you go on IR for 3 weeks this year?

ShowtimeSBMVP
09-17-2020, 02:20 PM
Can't you go on IR for 3 weeks this year?

He’s having hip surgery

RINGLEADER
09-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Pouncy is out?

Chris Jones could end up with 5 sacks.

Coach
09-17-2020, 06:29 PM
The Chiefs defense will need to concentrate on figuring out how to limit RB's catching the ball from the backfield. Per ESPN (https://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/page/TMRlovehate200917/fantasy-football-week-2-picks-sleepers-busts-rankings-matthew-berry-loves-hates-qbs-rbs-wrs-tes), since the start of last season, they have given up the most receiving yards to running backs and the fourth-most catches, while coughing up 4.95 yards per carry last week to Houston.

So unless they can figure out how to shut it down, Ekeler might have a big day there.

Megatron96
09-17-2020, 06:32 PM
You people are high if you think Ekeler is going to beat the Chiefs.

Red Dawg
09-17-2020, 06:57 PM
He won't. We will roll them.

Funkstown
09-18-2020, 12:04 AM
Do not care about the hapless Lightning Bolts. We roll them and start preparing for Baltimore.

Halfcan
09-18-2020, 12:10 AM
Chiefs have won the last 11 /12 and 6 straight on the road Vs the Dolts.

Talk about domination.

ChiefsFanatic
09-18-2020, 12:36 AM
Do not care about the hapless Lightning Bolts. We roll them and start preparing for Baltimore.I am not saying the Chargers are going to win, but I have watched enough football to know that not taking a team seriously, and looking ahead to rivalry type game, is a recipe for an unexpected loss.

You really cannot look ahead in the NFL. The Patriots were looking forward to having a bye, thinking that the Dolphins were just going to roll over because they had nothing to play for and a win would hurt their draft position.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Rasputin
09-18-2020, 01:15 AM
It's a shame we don't have Phillip Rivers throwing passes to our team anymore twice a year.

displacedinMN
09-18-2020, 05:50 AM
Had a kid ask who the Chiefs played this week. I said Chargers in LA. In a new stadium with no fans.

He said-So just like any other Charger games. He gets it.

displacedinMN
09-18-2020, 05:50 AM
Had a kid ask who the Chiefs played this week. I said Chargers in LA. In a new stadium with no fans.

He said-So just like any other Charger games. He gets it.

JD10367
09-18-2020, 07:28 AM
I am not saying the Chargers are going to win, but I have watched enough football to know that not taking a team seriously, and looking ahead to rivalry type game, is a recipe for an unexpected loss.

You really cannot look ahead in the NFL. The Patriots were looking forward to having a bye, thinking that the Dolphins were just going to roll over because they had nothing to play for and a win would hurt their draft position.

Uhh... No. Even as a Patriots fan, you CANNOT compare those situations. Yes, the Patriots and Chiefs both finished 12-4, and the Dolphins and Chargers both finished 5-11. That's where the similarity ends. Since the start of the 2013 season, the Patriots are 9-6 against Miami, including 4 losses in their second late-season meeting 4 of the past 5 years. Since the beginning of the 2014 season, the Chargers are 1-11 against the Chiefs. The Dolphins always play the Pats tough, especially in the second meeting. And the Chiefs are light years better than the Patriots. In hindsight, the Patriots were paper tigers last season. They beat up on the Little Sisters of the Poor for the most part, and lost to the only three good teams they faced (Ravens, Texans, Chiefs) before losing to the Titans in the playoffs. You people need to stop thinking like pre-2019 Chiefs fans. The Chiefs should hang 30+ on this Chargers team with ease and there's no way they should realistically give up more than 10 points when the game is still in doubt. Maybe the Chargers score in garbage time to make it look better but this should be a 34-21 game that isn't that close.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2020, 08:27 AM
Anthony Lynn has been throwing Phyllis under the bus during his press conferences this week.

“If we didn’t keep turning the ball over we would have beaten the Chiefs”, referring to the recent match-ups.

Not subtle.

Dante84
09-18-2020, 09:27 AM
Let's get through this one healthy, with a nice W.

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?

BigCatDaddy
09-18-2020, 09:39 AM

Baltimore looming week 3. Think we go vanilla and save some good stuff for Lamar and the bois?

It will be nice to have big Mike Pennell back for that one.

Dante84
09-18-2020, 10:02 AM
You have to think Spags has been planning some wild shit for that game (Baltimore).

With the expanded playoffs, only the 1 seed gets a BYE now, so it's one of the most critical, if not the most critical, games of the season.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2020, 10:04 AM

It will actually be good preparation for Baltimore, as the Chargers are trying to run a similar type of rush heavy offense (unfortunately for them Tyrod Taylor is not Lamar Jackson).

DRM08
09-18-2020, 10:10 AM
You have to think Spags has been planning some wild shit for that game (Baltimore).

With the expanded playoffs, only the 1 seed gets a BYE now, so it's one of the most critical, if not the most critical, games of the season.

Kinda feels like every game is critical. Would not shock me if Baltimore goes 14-2 again (or better). Obviously KC has to beat them, no question. But also gotta win pretty much every other game as well.

Dante84
09-18-2020, 10:19 AM
Kinda feels like every game is critical. Would not shock me if Baltimore goes 14-2 again (or better). Obviously KC has to beat them, no question. But also gotta win pretty much every other game as well.

Good point, head to head would only matter for tie-break.

Whew. Puts a lot of pressure on being the 1.

cmh6476
09-18-2020, 10:23 AM
Chiefs have won the last 11 /12 and 6 straight on the road Vs the Dolts.

Talk about domination.

and that BS 2018 Thursday night game should have been a win

DRM08
09-18-2020, 10:24 AM
Good point, head to head would only matter for tie-break.

Whew. Puts a lot of pressure on being the 1.

I just thought of something. What if these teams did not play each other in regular season and both of them went 16-0? That would be pretty wild. And it begs the question of who would be the #1 seed?

Mecca
09-18-2020, 10:30 AM
Baltimore is a prime regression candidate it's weird how people don't see that.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-18-2020, 10:32 AM
Baltimore is a prime regression candidate it's weird how people don't see that.

Regression to what? 13-3, 12-4 at worst?

They looked like the 2019 Ravens last weekend.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2020, 10:34 AM

It seems unlikely Lamar Jackson is going to stay healthy for an entire season again based on his style of play.

keg in kc
09-18-2020, 10:36 AM
It'll be interesting to see how Baltimore looks against Houston. And then I think we beat them worse than we ever have in the past.

The Franchise
09-18-2020, 10:39 AM

They also played the fucking Browns.

UChieffyBugger
09-18-2020, 10:44 AM

They beat the mighty Browns who struggled against Cinci last night. I watched the Ravens game and it was the same old story...Lamar mainly throwing to Andrews down the middle of the field and their defense was getting gashed by the run. The Ravens are a confidence team. Great when things are going their way but as soon as someone punches back like the Chiefs and Titans did last year, they fold quickly.

RunKC
09-18-2020, 10:45 AM
Chiefs, Steelers, Patriots and one surprise L. I think Ravens go 12-4

staylor26
09-18-2020, 10:45 AM
It seems unlikely Lamar Jackson is going to stay healthy for an entire season again based on his style of play.

If they continue to have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead like they did week 1 (and all of last year), they’re just asking for it at this point.

Dante84
09-18-2020, 10:49 AM
I just thought of something. What if these teams did not play each other in regular season and both of them went 16-0? That would be pretty wild. And it begs the question of who would be the #1 seed?

It would go to something like strength of schedule or strength of victory

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

Megatron96
They beat the mighty Browns who struggled against Cinci last night. I watched the Ravens game and it was the same old story...Lamar mainly throwing to Andrews down the middle of the field and their defense was getting gashed by the run. The Ravens are a confidence team. Great when things are going their way but as soon as someone punches back like the Chiefs and Titans did last year, they fold quickly.

This entire take is completely wrong.

DRM08

Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-18-2020, 10:50 AM

Whoever has the better conference record is the #1 seed. If it’s the same than they go by strength of schedule. Hardest strength of schedule is #1 seed

FloridaMan88
09-18-2020, 10:54 AM
Same statement applies to Russell Wilson, but he has been extremely durable for 8+ years. Lamar has had fewer injury problems than Mahomes so far. All it takes is one bad play to cause huge problems for any of these guys.

Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.

UChieffyBugger
09-18-2020, 10:58 AM
This entire take is completely wrong.

Your response is bs.

staylor26
09-18-2020, 10:59 AM
Russell Wilson scrambles a lot and takes hits, but his game is not based on rushing the football as much as Lamar Jackson.

The better comparison to Lamar Jackson's style of play is Cam Newton who has been injured a lot.

And there’s a huge difference in size between Cam and Lamar.

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.

ModSocks
09-18-2020, 11:08 AM

I don’t know how people can look at his frame and playing style and not see the inevitability of injury.

Like I said, they have him running around late in games when they have a huge lead. They’re playing with fire every single week.

Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-18-2020, 11:13 AM
“They beat the Browns”....

By 32. It’s not like they squeaked by.

staylor26
09-18-2020, 11:16 AM
Cam doesn't run like Lamar.

Cam tries to bulldoze people with his massive frame.

Lamar more often than not gets low, slides, gets out of bounds etc. He does more to avoid contact, while at times, Cam goes looking for contact.

I don't think it's a good comparison.

I understand your point and agree, the comparison is more about reliance on the run, but Lamar was taking shots left and right towards the end of last year and he took some week 1.

Teams are starting to realize you have to hit him when you get a chance, and they are.

Regardless, the way he’s built, I think a non-contact injury could just as easily be what does him in. Running around that much is dangerous outside of just getting hit.

DRM08
09-18-2020, 11:16 AM

I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.

staylor26
09-18-2020, 11:20 AM
I agree that they should be more careful with him. But he doesn't really take the massive hits that Cam did. Lamar is super quick, and he's pretty smart about getting out of bounds as well (for the most part).

In terms of injury for Lamar, I think it more likely that he blows out a knee doing one of his crazy juke moves. This happened to Deshaun Watson in practice with nobody touching him.

Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in. The risk of both is fairly high considering his playing style and build.

DRM08
09-18-2020, 11:22 AM
Again, he wasn’t taking shots early on, but talking about the end of the year last year and week 1 he’s been taking them way too often. If you’re going to run around that much, guys are going to get their shots.

Also, if you look at my post above yours, I totally agree that it could just as easily be a non-contact injury that does him in.

We posted at the exact same time, lol

The Franchise
09-18-2020, 11:22 AM

And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.

DRM08
09-18-2020, 11:24 AM
And no one is claiming they’re a shitty team. If they go 14-2 this season....it’s because they have an easy ass schedule.....not because they’re this world beater of a team.

Weakest schedule in the league. How does this happen for a team that went 14-2 the year before? Smh.

https://eatdrinkandsleepfootball.com/schedule/strength-of-schedule.html

UChieffyBugger
09-18-2020, 11:24 AM

The Ravens have two inexperienced safties in their secondary and their pass-rush was ranked the WORST at the weekend.. giving Baker more time to throw than all other qb's, and Baker still wet the bed.

staylor26
09-18-2020, 11:26 AM
Weakest schedule in the league. How does this happen for a team that went 14-2 the year before? Smh.

They play the garbage AFCS And NFCE.

Megatron96
09-18-2020, 11:27 AM

Okay, dumbass, let's look at the facts. You say that the Browns struggled against CIN last night.

The Browns scored 35 points, all on offense, so no scores on fumble returns, pick-6s, or whatever. They manufactured five TDs on offense, two through the air by Baker and three on the ground between Hunt and Chubb.

Combined the Browns offense gained 434 yards, 219 passing/215 yards rushing.

I could go on, but you get the point. The Browns didn't struggle at all. Here's the link to the full boxscore just to beat a dead horse:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220163

As for the Ravens, in week 3 last season the Chiefs had them down 30-13 going into the 4th Q, and they came back, led by Lamar's legs and arm, scoring 17 points before we salted them away with that last clock killing drive, so saying they just fold at the first sign of pressure is just stupid.

About the only remotely factual part of your comments is that Lamar does like to throw between the numbers.

UChieffyBugger
09-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Okay, dumbass, let's look at the facts. You say that the Browns struggled against CIN last night.

The Browns scored 35 points, all on offense, so no scores on fumble returns, pick-6s, or whatever. They manufactured five TDs on offense, two through the air by Baker and three on the ground between Hunt and Chubb.

Combined the Browns offense gained 434 yards, 219 passing/215 yards rushing.

I could go on, but you get the point. The Browns didn't struggle at all. Here's the link to the full boxscore just to beat a dead horse:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401220163

As for the Ravens, in week 3 last season the Chiefs had them down 30-13 going into the 4th Q, and they came back, led by Lamar's legs and arm, scoring 17 points before we salted them away with that last clock killing drive, so saying they just fold at the first sign of pressure is just stupid.

About the only remotely factual part of your comments is that Lamar does like to throw between the numbers.

Lol LIKE I SAID..YOUR RESPONSE WAS BS AND SO IS THIS LATEST "EFFORT" :)

1. The Browns won 35-30 against A VERY POOR team who is being lead by a damn rookie who had no pre-season games or rookie camp.

2. Last season the Ravens got behind by two scores against the Browns...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Chiefs...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Titans...AND WHAT HAPPENED? OH YES THEY LOST AGAIN. So spare me the futile "they faught back at arrowhead" crap...THEY LOST and the pattern is there for all to see....period.

RunKC
09-18-2020, 11:46 AM
They play the garbage AFCS And NFCE.

The NFC South and NFC West are the only good divisions in the league. A couple others like the AFC North have 2 good teams but that’s really it.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-18-2020, 11:56 AM
Y’all have me misunderstood I think. I expect the Chiefs to win the AFC. But I see no reason for Baltimore to lose more than 3-4 if Lamar is healthy.

13-3 minimum to get that 1 seed.

Easy 6
09-18-2020, 11:59 AM
I'm sure that defense will make it tough on us for a little while, but the outcome isnt in doubt

Chiefs roll 30 - 20

Megatron96
09-18-2020, 12:00 PM
Lol LIKE I SAID..YOUR RESPONSE WAS BS AND SO IS THIS LATEST "EFFORT" :)

1. The Browns won 35-30 against A VERY POOR team who is being lead by a damn rookie who had no pre-season games or rookie camp.

2. Last season the Ravens got behind by two scores against the Browns...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Chiefa...AND LOST. They went behind by two scores against the Titans...AND WHAT HAPPENED? OH YES THEY LOST AGAIN. So spare me the futile "they faught back at arrowhead" crap...THEY LOST and the pattern is there for all to see....period.

Yes, pivot again, Donkey.

You said the browns struggled offensively last night, which they didn't. Period.

You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period. The outcomes of those games is irrelevant to your original post, dipstick. I would say that you should learn to comprehend the English language, but that's clearly beyond your capabilities. Instead you pivot whenever you're called out on your dumbassery every single time. Like when you called for the Chiefs to go after Leveon Bell. Or to go after Antonio Brown, ffs.

Your and idiot, champ.

ModSocks
09-18-2020, 12:02 PM
You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period.

Well....they certainly did against the Titans.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-18-2020, 12:15 PM
Ward, Okafor, Saunders all OUT.

Going with the cautious approach early. Worked well for them last year.

Megatron96
09-18-2020, 12:16 PM

Did they? Or did they lose their star RB early in the game, which changed the way they ran the ball? Did they go into that game with one or two of their star receivers dinged up? Did they have a defensive gaffe that put them down early and then the Ravens OC went a little mental to close the half?

Context is everything. But the question wasn't did they win or lose. The question was "do the Ravens fold under pressure?" Do they quit as a team? I don't think they do. I think the players are real honest-to-God football players with a real top-tier HC. They just ended up going into that game a little beat up, made a a couple uncharacteristic mental errors and the game got away from them.

Let's not forget that a lot of people were saying similar things about the Chiefs as recently as going into the playoffs last season on national TV. Mostly because of the Ls we took against the Pats twice in 2018, and in that circus in LA against the Rams. It was all over the networks about how the Chiefs couldn't win in big games, that KC folded under pressure.

Which was categorically a bunch of BS. The team never quit in any of those games. Twice the Chiefs absorbed double digit deficits and came back in those games and actually outscored the Patriots in the second halves. And it was just bad luck that the Chiefs lost that Rams game.

All I'm saying is that the Ravens aren't some puffed up team; they can play football and they aren't going to be easy to beat just because UQueefyIdiot thinks so.

TRR
09-18-2020, 12:16 PM
Ward, Okafor, and Saunders all out for Sunday. Big challenge for Fenton, Sneed, and Hamilton.

ModSocks
09-18-2020, 12:21 PM
Ward, Okafor, and Saunders all out for Sunday. Big challenge for Fenton, Sneed, and Hamilton.

Maybe if Tyrod Taylor wasn't the QB....

DRM08
09-18-2020, 12:41 PM
Did they? Or did they lose their star RB early in the game, which changed the way they ran the ball? Did they go into that game with one or two of their star receivers dinged up? Did they have a defensive gaffe that put them down early and then the Ravens OC went a little mental to close the half?

Context is everything. But the question wasn't did they win or lose. The question was "do the Ravens fold under pressure?" Do they quit as a team? I don't think they do. I think the players are real honest-to-God football players with a real top-tier HC. They just ended up going into that game a little beat up, made a a couple uncharacteristic mental errors and the game got away from them.

Let's not forget that a lot of people were saying similar things about the Chiefs as recently as going into the playoffs last season on national TV. Mostly because of the Ls we took against the Pats twice in 2018, and in that circus in LA against the Rams. It was all over the networks about how the Chiefs couldn't win in big games, that KC folded under pressure.

Which was categorically a bunch of BS. The team never quit in any of those games. Twice the Chiefs absorbed double digit deficits and came back in those games and actually outscored the Patriots in the second halves. And it was just bad luck that the Chiefs lost that Rams game.

All I'm saying is that the Ravens aren't some puffed up team; they can play football and they aren't going to be easy to beat just because UQueefyIdiot thinks so.

They choked pretty bad against the Chargers 2 years ago. Same Chargers team got blown out a week later by New England.

In terms of the Tennessee game, there were a lot of mistakes from Baltimore. They had the equivalent of 5 turnovers when you include failed 4th down attempts. In the 2nd half, they weren't really able to make the strong charge to win that ballgame. Tennessee was in control the entire time, and Baltimore ended up with a bunch of empty yards during garbage time. That's pretty different from KC storming back to take the lead against New England.

I think the Ravens are a damn good team, but they need to step up their performance in the playoffs. I'm sure they would agree with that statement. We'll see if they can do it this year.

FloridaMan88
09-18-2020, 12:42 PM

They get the NFC Least on their schedule this year and the Browns/Bengals are in their division.

UChieffyBugger
09-18-2020, 01:05 PM
Yes, pivot again, Donkey.

You said the browns struggled offensively last night, which they didn't. Period.

You said the Ravens fold under pressure, which they do not, period. The outcomes of those games is irrelevant to your original post, dipstick. I would say that you should learn to comprehend the English language, but that's clearly beyond your capabilities. Instead you pivot whenever you're called out on your dumbassery every single time. Like when you called for the Chiefs to go after Leveon Bell. Or to go after Antonio Brown, ffs.

Your and idiot, champ.

Lol is this clown still yapping and spewing bs? Talking about "comprending english" then presents that last "idiot" sentence? Bwahahaha what melon :D

And where did i say the Browns struggled offensively you tool? Please present the evidence. Also i know you're a ravens groupie but if you don't think they folded umder pressure against Browns, Chiefs and ESPECIALLY the Titans then you're dumber than a sack of rocks. Number one seed, big home favourites went behind and then proceeded to miss two 4th and 1s, throw ints and give fumbles on the way to losing easily to a qb who barely threw ten passes...but dumbass thinks they did just fine lol :D

patteeu
09-18-2020, 01:13 PM
Sammy is gonna eat again!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No flex I am apart of something special I have some of the best teammates and coaches that just get it we on a mission not to just win but to make each other better humans and along the way create a positive change and outlook in the world we are the chiefs..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1304491860442992642?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 11, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sammy is a lot better with his positive vibes mumbo jumbo than Russell Wilson is.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-18-2020, 01:26 PM
Remember that drive we had like 29 seconds left and we kicked a fg. Osemele said he got in the huddle and Fisher looked at him and told him watch this lol

KChiefs1
09-18-2020, 01:32 PM

It is the most important game on the schedule this season. That #1 seed is going to be vital.

RunKC
09-18-2020, 07:05 PM
First time we get to see Mahomes+Tyreek play a real game in a dome.

Gonna be awesome

RINGLEADER
09-19-2020, 12:53 AM
Just had an earthquake out here in LA. Even the earth shakes at the impending arrival of Mahomes and the Chiefs...lol

Simply Red
09-19-2020, 01:03 AM
We are so thankful to have Spags.

duncan_idaho
09-19-2020, 06:15 AM
Perusing Chargers fans on Twitter (they do exist) it seems that they have missed the existence of Clyde Edwards-Heilaire.

He was brought in specifically to deal with it when teams go light box and try to frustrate KC with 3-deep zones...

Also saw some poor sap suggest they man up with KC’s receivers AND keep a safety deep AND spy Mahomes...

Which leaves the OL 5x5 vs the other defenders and CEH unaccounted for. Yeah, do that shit. Lol.

crispystl
09-19-2020, 07:29 AM
Y’all have me misunderstood I think. I expect the Chiefs to win the AFC. But I see no reason for Baltimore to lose more than 3-4 if Lamar is healthy.

13-3 minimum to get that 1 seed.

We HAVE to beat the fuckers next week. That’s about as big of a game as you can get in week 3. It’ll feel damn near like a playoff game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crispystl
09-19-2020, 07:32 AM

And the year before against the Chargers too ...Lamar plays like shit in playoff games.

crispystl
09-19-2020, 07:36 AM
Perusing Chargers fans on Twitter (they do exist) it seems that they have missed the existence of Clyde Edwards-Heilaire.

He was brought in specifically to deal with it when teams go light box and try to frustrate KC with 3-deep zones...

Also saw some poor sap suggest they man up with KC’s receivers AND keep a safety deep AND spy Mahomes...

Which leaves the OL 5x5 vs the other defenders and CEH unaccounted for. Yeah, do that shit. Lol.

Yes please. Good lord lmao.

KChiefs1
09-19-2020, 10:02 AM

:drool:

pugsnotdrugs19
09-19-2020, 11:16 AM

I think these sorts of things are exactly why Mahomes told Veach and Reid to go get Clyde. He knew that the biggest issues presented by defenses in 2019 could be addressed swiftly with just the addition of a legitimate running back.

The position has more value than I know I’ve given it credit for in recent years. When all the horses are healthy and running, their offense is an unsolvable dilemma for other teams.

Halfcan
09-19-2020, 03:32 PM
Looking forward to beating these assholes for a 7th straight time on the road.

L.A. Chieffan
09-19-2020, 03:47 PM
Anybody wanna tailgate outside the stadium and throw our empty beer cans at an empty 5 billion dollar hole in the ground?

Direckshun
09-19-2020, 06:21 PM
Remember that drive we had like 29 seconds left and we kicked a fg. Osemele said he got in the huddle and Fisher looked at him and told him watch this lol

Where did you hear this?! I MUST hear it.

booger
09-19-2020, 09:01 PM

Saunders went to IR today. They signed DT Braxton Hoyett from the PS.

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 11:15 PM
Interesting video from the Chargers' perspective of the comparison between their rookie RB and ours:
<iframe width="727" height="409" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GQkcI065QUQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Coogs
09-20-2020, 08:35 AM
Saunders went to IR today. They signed DT Braxton Hoyett from the PS.

I have dislocated both of my elbows. Not surprised by this.

cmh6476
09-20-2020, 02:29 PM
Will the Chargers have already moved on from Tyrod Taylor by week 2? Or are we going to have to wait until our first game in 2021 to get our first-hand look at Justin Hebert?

Answer appears to be yes

Deberg_1990
09-20-2020, 05:46 PM
Herbert looks like a gamer!

Bolts got a good one.