PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My review of all the NFL teams after today...

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 04:26 PM
None of them have shit on us. That is all.

BWillie
09-13-2020, 04:32 PM
Baltimore looks like the clear cut #2 team in the NFL.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Baltimore looks like the clear cut #2 team in the NFL.

Agreed. And Jags are very interesting.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Tier ranking of NFL teams:

Chiefs

Ravens

Who cares

Wisconsin_Chief
09-13-2020, 04:36 PM
Aaron Rodgers looked legitimately scary today. Like he did 10 years ago. He’s throwing to a bunch of scrubs and dropped almost 400 yards and 4 TD.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 04:37 PM
Aaron Rodgers looked legitimately scary today. Like he did 10 years ago. He’s throwing to a bunch of scrubs and dropped almost 400 yards and 4 TD.

When did Davante Adams change his name to A Bunch of Scrubs?

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 04:41 PM
Tier ranking of NFL teams:

Chiefs

Ravens

Who cares

I'd like to believe that. But they are really good. Queen and dobbins played great so they are a lot better than last year in the two areas that matter most to them. Defense and run game. We will still beat them but they are legit.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 04:41 PM

I have to watch that. I didn't see any of that game. (This thread wasn't meant to be totally serious)

BigRedChief
09-13-2020, 04:45 PM
I know I'm a big homer but............. none of the QB play today was in the same stratosphere as Mahomes.

Lamar is dangerous because of his running ability. We don't bring our "A" game, we will lose that game.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 04:46 PM
I'd like to believe that. But they are really good. Queen and dobbins played great so they are a lot better than last year in the two areas that matter most to them. Defense and run game. We will still beat them but they are legit.

They are good. But we have Patrick Mahomes II. The rules of having Patrick Mahomes II on your team is that you are automatically leagues above every other team in the NFL.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 04:47 PM
Overall... Green Bay may be back.

Tampa is overhyped. If they can't run, these teams are just daring Brady to throw deep.

The race for the bottom will be interesting. A lot of terrible teams may end up being average. I think Cleveland can turn it around. But I don't know how the Jets can at all feel good about what they saw today.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 04:47 PM
I know I'm a big homer but............. none of the QB play today was in the same stratosphere as Mahomes.

Lamar is dangerous because of his running ability. We don't bring our "A" game, we will lose that game.

If we get up by 10+ points at any point then that game is over.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-13-2020, 04:48 PM
When did Davante Adams change his name to A Bunch of Scrubs?

Have you taken a look at the rest of his options?

His staring TE and #2 WR would not start on any other team in football. That’s not exaggerating, either.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 04:49 PM

He made some legit throws today. We'll see if he can keep it up. I ain't even close to worried though.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Have you taken a look at the rest of his options?

His staring TE and #2 WR would not start on any other team in football. That’s not exaggerating, either.

Maybe so, but Aaron Jones is really good too.

I don’t doubt that depth is hurting for them. But the whole “Rodgers has no weapons” argument that the media loves to push nowadays is laughable to me considering he has a top 5 receiver and a top 7 or 8 running back on his offense. Not to mention the best left tackle in the league.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 04:51 PM
I really wish the NFL could find ways to get rid of shitty owners. There's nothing worse than a team like the lions who only care to be just good enough to sell enough tickets. Just remarkable how consistently mediocre they've been for a decade.

Wisconsin_Chief
09-13-2020, 04:55 PM
Maybe so, but Aaron Jones is really good too.

I don’t doubt that depth is hurting for them. But the whole “Rodgers has no weapons” argument that the media loves to push nowadays is laughable to me considering he has a top 5 receiver and a top 7 or 8 running back on his offense. Not to mention the best left tackle in the league.

Yeah, it’s top heavy. Adams and Jones then a bunch of JAGs. It is definitely overlooked how good his o-line has always been as well. The Packers have always invested heavily to protect him.

As usual with the media it’s never as bad (or good) as they claim.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
Ravens got a lead and beat a shit team...wow soooo impressive!

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 05:05 PM
The Begals are pissing me off. Don't give this to the Dolts please.

Athis
09-13-2020, 05:24 PM
OMG the Bengals...I feel bad for Burrow..

cmh6476
09-13-2020, 05:26 PM
AFC west over all other divisions obviously

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 05:37 PM
Ravens got a lead and beat a shit team...wow soooo impressive!

The Ravens are really good. We know they're good. The Browns looked terrible and sloppy, but the Ravens are really good. We can be really good too while admitting that the Ravens are a formidable opponent. You don't have to be afraid of admitting other teams have talent. I promise. It'll be okay.

eDave
09-13-2020, 05:39 PM
Hard to rank a ton of teams yet, IMO.

O.city
09-13-2020, 05:55 PM
Chiefs ravens

Everyone else that’s played up to this point

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 06:01 PM
The Ravens are really good. We know they're good. The Browns looked terrible and sloppy, but the Ravens are really good. We can be really good too while admitting that the Ravens are a formidable opponent. You don't have to be afraid of admitting other teams have talent. I promise. It'll be okay.

Yeah, they are the same team as last year but with really huge adds in Dobbins and Queen. They were really impressive today. Too soon to say on Lamar but he made a few touch passes that look like he's improved. They're a formidable opponent for sure. We will beat them most times but they're a legit #2.

MTG#10
09-13-2020, 06:08 PM
I really wish the NFL could find ways to get rid of shitty owners. There's nothing worse than a team like the lions who only care to be just good enough to sell enough tickets. Just remarkable how consistently mediocre they've been for a decade.

A decade? Really?

DaneMcCloud
09-13-2020, 06:10 PM
Agreed. And Jags are very interesting.

wut

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-13-2020, 06:13 PM
The Texans may be last year's Jags. Not that it mattered

CoMoChief
09-13-2020, 06:18 PM
My dumbass sat Aaron Rodgers today.

Here's to hoping Big Ben can return to his 2018 form on Mon night vs NYG.

Brady looked like shit, so did Brees.

Didn't think GB would humiliate MIN def like they did today. I hope Rodgers isn't teasing with me, I had him last season and from a FFL standpoint he was a real disappointment and at times last yr he actually looked old on the field.

CoMoChief
09-13-2020, 06:22 PM
The Texans may be last year's Jags. Not that it mattered

Mahomes is a fuckin soul destroyer on the football field.

He took the soul out of JAX last yr....and prob did vs HOU in playoffs last yr and they still haven't recovered. Factor in a dumbass HC and no OL...he's gonna be battling all season.

Watson was dumb af to agree to a long term extension with HOU. The moment Hopkins was traded I would have walked right into his office and said, Bill I'm not playing for you after my contract expires because you're not serious about winning. IMO thats what Watson should have done, he deserves better.

FloridaMan88
09-13-2020, 06:24 PM
AFC is a two team race, NFC looks to be wide open and Matt Patricia and/or Adam Gase won’t last the season.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-13-2020, 06:26 PM

No other team is allowed to be good according to PGM

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:27 PM
Can’t wait until this Ravens team gets a couple of losses. So sick of the hype. It would be nice if they could be exposed before the playoffs this year. Waited 35 fucking years for Patrick Mahomes and all they want to talk about is Lamar Jackson.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:28 PM

No.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 06:29 PM
Can’t wait until this Ravens team gets a couple of losses. So sick of the hype. It would be nice if they could be exposed before the playoffs this year. Waited 35 ****ing years for Patrick Mahomes and all they want to talk about is Lamar Jackson.

You should embrace it though. If the media want to make a bigger deal about other players, be my guest. It will create motivation for Mahomes to do what he did in the playoffs last year and keep proving people wrong.

tk13
09-13-2020, 06:30 PM
It'll be interesting to watch the Ravens as they just push further and further into the running attack philosophy. I have no reason to believe Dobbins won't be legit, Ingram is really good. They can definitely run the football. Their million dollar question is what happens when they get down a couple scores.

Honestly given how mediocre the AFC looks, I'm interested in seeing what the Steelers look like tomorrow. If they could actually keep Ben and James Conner healthy they could probably be a top AFC team relatively speaking.

At this point thought I'd probably rank it Chiefs, Ravens and Titans... unless Tennessee just lays an egg tomorrow night. Steelers are probably the wild card sitting out there. And the Patriots will probably get the most out of whatever talent they do have and not make the dumb mistakes that will hurt some of these other mediocre teams.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:31 PM

It’s not a question of whether or not they’re good. We know they’re good. It’s a question of whether or not they deserve all the adulation the get. They don’t. They’re a good team with a dynamic running QB that shits the bed in the playoffs more completely than any Marty team ever did.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:32 PM
It'll be interesting to watch the Ravens as they just push further and further into the running attack philosophy. I have no reason to believe Dobbins won't be legit, Ingram is really good. They can definitely run the football. Their million dollar question is what happens when they get down a couple scores.

Honestly given how mediocre the AFC looks, I'm interested in seeing what the Steelers look like tomorrow. If they could actually keep Ben and James Conner healthy they could probably be a top AFC relatively speaking.

At this point thought I'd probably rank it Chiefs, Ravens and Titans... unless Tennessee just lays an egg tomorrow night.

The Steelers are built in a way that creates problems for the Ravens. If Ben can stay healthy, it will be interesting.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 06:34 PM
It’s not a question of whether or not they’re good. We know they’re good. It’s a question of whether or not they deserve all the adulation the get. They don’t. They’re a good team with a dynamic running QB that shits the bed in the playoffs more completely than any Marty team ever did.

But like I said, let them keep creating motivation for Mahomes. That's not a bad thing. I don't believe he is the type to rest on his laurels, but it's not a bad thing to have a little extra motivation.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:38 PM
But like I said, let them keep creating motivation for Mahomes. That's not a bad thing. I don't believe he is the type to rest on his laurels, but it's not a bad thing to have a little extra motivation.

I highly doubt Mahomes is motivated much by stuff like that anymore. He knows who he is and he doesn’t need to manufacture motivation.

And quite frankly I don’t care if the Ravens are good, it will make beating them so much sweeter. I’m just sick to death of listening to it. Get back to me when they actually win a really important game.

Last year they opened up a can on Miami in week 1. This year it was a Cleveland team that was only considered good because of hype.

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 06:39 PM

The sample size is pretty small. The Chiefs had an entire generation of doing the same.

I believe in Mahomes and our team, but I absolutely think the Ravens probably beat us 35-40% of the time. And there's no other team that competes with us as consistently.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 06:45 PM
I highly doubt Mahomes is motivated much by stuff like that anymore. He knows who he is and he doesn’t need to manufacture motivation.

He is motivated by it though. When NFL players voted him #4, he posted a notepad emoji on Twitter. And he said he's gonna keep trying to improve his game to show them that he should be #1 in the voting. Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods were legendary for using perceived slights from peer players and the media as motivation to help them crush the competition.

I think Tom Brady took plenty of motivation from all the extra attention heaped on Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers during their prime years. Brady got the last laugh with 6 rings. Rodgers has a bunch of fancy highlights and impressive stats (TD:INT ratio and such) while Peyton has a bunch of empty regular season MVP trophies that don't really mean anything.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 06:46 PM
I got all season to watch the Ravens fall off. I still think they will, especially if Jackson should get hurt. Enough talking about them.

Looks like I called Minshew vs. Rivers correctly. The Jags aren’t picking first overall. He’s good enough to prevent that. And Rivers is still Rivers. The Colts just aren’t scary at all.

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 06:51 PM
Looks like I called Minshew vs. Rivers correctly.

Is it possible you have too much time on your hands if your greatest skill is calling Minshew vs Rivers correctly? LMAO

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 07:01 PM
AFC is a two team race, NFC looks to be wide open and Matt Patricia and/or Adam Gase won’t last the season.

It's hard to believe these guys even made it through last season. Just another example of the complete lack of imagination of some front offices.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2020, 07:03 PM
We haven't seen Denver play yet. They could be awesome! I mean they still got Bolles at LT.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 07:04 PM
Is it possible you have too much time on your hands if your greatest skill is calling Minshew vs Rivers correctly? LMAO

Not really. The Jags were this board’s overwhelming favorite to pick first overall. The Colts were supposed to be a big challenger to the Chiefs. I contended that Minshew is better than people think and the Colts with Rivers aren’t any better than the Chargers with Rivers.

Outside of the whole Steelers/Ravens thing, those we’re really my two hot takes going into the season so I didn’t spend near as much time analyzing as I will enjoying being right. LOL

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 07:06 PM
I got all season to watch the Ravens fall off. I still think they will, especially if Jackson should get hurt. Enough talking about them.

Looks like I called Minshew vs. Rivers correctly. The Jags aren’t picking first overall. He’s good enough to prevent that. And Rivers is still Rivers. The Colts just aren’t scary at all.

I just don't see it. Even with a qb as bad as late career Flacco everyone knew they were going to run the ball and they just jammed it down your throat anyway. Yeah, rough sledding if they lose lamar. But lamar would have to take an absolute nosedive for the Ravens not to still be tough. And I don't see that happening.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2020, 07:08 PM
It is kinda ironic Rivers thew for nearly 400 yards and lost.

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 07:09 PM
The Colts were supposed to be a big challenger to the Chiefs.

Wait. How? CP has no respect for Rivers. And we spanked them a couple years ago in the playoffs when they had a genuinely transcendent talent like Luck. They beat us last year when we fielded our B-team, a defense that was finding itself, and a gimpy Mahomes.

Is it possible you are citing Ubeja who thinks Jonathan Taylor is 18x the RB CEH is?

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 07:11 PM
I just don't see it. Even with a qb as bad as late career Flacco everyone knew they were going to run the ball and they just jammed it down your throat anyway. Yeah, rough sledding if they lose lamar. But lamar would have to take an absolute nosedive for the Ravens not to still be tough. And I don't see that happening.

They’re not going to beat good teams with that formula. That’s a sure way to win 10 or 11 games and lose in the playoffs. Meh.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 07:14 PM
Wait. How? CP has no respect for Rivers. And we spanked them a couple years ago in the playoffs when they had a genuinely transcendent talent like Luck. They beat us last year when we fielded our B-team, a defense that was finding itself, and a gimpy Mahomes.

Is it possible you are citing Ubeja who thinks Jonathan Taylor is 18x the RB CEH is?

Nope. Just do a quick search. You will find quite a few people that thought the Colts were the 3rd-best team in the AFC after the Chiefs and Ravens.

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Nope. Just do a quick search. You will find quite a few people that thought the Colts were the 3rd-best team in the AFC after the Chiefs and Ravens.

Gross.

But in fairness, the race for 3rd in the AFC is tough. Bills? Patriots? Titans? Texans? Browns? Steelers? Colts?

Lots of mediocrity there that can swing any number of ways.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 07:21 PM
Gross.

But in fairness, the race for 3rd in the AFC is tough. Bills? Patriots? Titans? Texans? Browns? Steelers? Colts?

The Steelers are going to make waves. Just wait.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 07:44 PM
Gross.

I mean, it's a distant third. But couple of those are legit playoff teams. Steelers, indy, Tennessee. Maybe new England or Houston on the bubble. That's a decent playoff lineup. That's arguably as good as most of the top of the NFC.

COchief
09-13-2020, 07:45 PM
You are not part of "us" you creepy fuck.

You don't remember because you weren't a Chiefs fan, you don't know who Castle is because you weren't here, you came here after Mahomes and picked an ulta-creepy username, you're spending your adult life following a grown man instead of a team, you have no loyalty, you have not suffered, you have no Huard, Croyle, or Grbac on your resume.

You can wear the jersey and buy the SB gear and slob PM's knob all you want, but real KC fans will sniff you out in a second. We'll talk about Hackett's third and five FB swing pass extravaganzas, we'll talk Gnob's much feared rush two scheme, we'll talk candy wrappers and banners (we paid $ for that, you didn't), we'll talk phantom holding, no punt, and hopeless 3 hour long playoff games with mauling and gashing of our Red brethren courtesy of Bell and Henry.

We are Chiefs fans, we are battered and bruised and have earned Mahomes, you have not.

I am a Chiefs fan, you are not.

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 07:48 PM
I mean, it's a distant third. But couple of those are legit playoff teams. Steelers, indy, Tennessee. Maybe new England or Houston on the bubble. That's a decent playoff lineup. That's arguably as good as most of the top of the NFC.

I think the NFC might lack the top end like the Chiefs and the Ravens but the overall strength of the middle tier is more impressive. Not that that means anything of great relevance.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2020, 07:52 PM
Not ready to write any team off yet. Except maybe the Jets. Garbage.

Washington surprised me for sure.

Spott
09-13-2020, 07:54 PM
You are not part of "us" you creepy fuck.

You don't remember because you weren't a Chiefs fan, you don't know who Castle is because you weren't here, you came here after Mahomes and picked an ulta-creepy username, you're spending your adult life following a grown man instead of a team, you have no loyalty, you have not suffered, you have no Huard, Croyle, or Grbac on your resume.

You can wear the jersey and buy the SB gear and slob PM's knob all you want, but real KC fans will sniff you out in a second. We'll talk about Hackett's third and five FB swing pass extravaganzas, we'll talk Gnob's much feared rush two scheme, we'll talk candy wrappers and banners (we paid $ for that, you didn't), we'll talk phantom holding, no punt, and hopeless 3 hour long playoff games with mauling and gashing of our Red brethren courtesy of Bell and Henry.

We are Chiefs fans, we are battered and bruised and have earned Mahomes, you have not.

I am a Chiefs fan, you are not.

Antifreeze and nuthooks.

crispystl
09-13-2020, 08:27 PM
The sample size is pretty small. The Chiefs had an entire generation of doing the same.

I believe in Mahomes and our team, but I absolutely think the Ravens probably beat us 35-40% of the time. And there's no other team that competes with us as consistently.

I think that’s too high. Maybe more like 15-20% at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 08:38 PM

Yep.

staylor26
09-13-2020, 08:45 PM

Absolutely.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2020, 08:56 PM
Yep.

No doubt about it

SupDock
09-13-2020, 09:00 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Philip Rivers in the last 10 years in the final 6 minutes of one-score games: 50.2%, 9 TDs, 23 INTs, 53.5 <a href="https://t.co/GriJaUyByF">https://t.co/GriJaUyByF</a></p>&mdash; Nat Newell (@NatJNewell) <a href="https://twitter.com/NatJNewell/status/1305231686863589377?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Direckshun
09-13-2020, 09:03 PM

Noooo, the Ravens pummeled a good opponent today.

They can run over almost every defense. Their defense is built to stop Derrick Henry and they’ve got the corners to play a tough man against Mahomes. They are well coached, elite special teams, and Lamar is going to keep getting better.

They are the toughest opponent we’ll play this year.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 09:04 PM

They can run over almost every defense. Their defense is built to stop Derrick Henry and they’ve got the corners to play a tough man against Mahomes. They are well coached, elite special teams, and Lamar is going to keep getting better.

We don't know if the Browns are good. They looked pretty sloppy out there today and they were a 6-10 team last year. Seems like it's just more of the same in Cleveland.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:06 PM

The Browns are not a good team. Absolutely everything went the Ravens’ way last year and they blew it. They won’t get that lucky this year.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:06 PM
We don't know if the Browns are good. They looked pretty sloppy out there today and they were a 6-10 team last year. Seems like it's just more of the same in Cleveland.

Exactly.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2020, 09:08 PM

For fucks sake ROFL

PattyFlakes
09-13-2020, 09:08 PM

The Browns are talented.... I’m not sure I’d call them good though.

Direckshun
09-13-2020, 09:09 PM
The Browns are not a good team. Absolutely everything went the Ravens’ way last year and they blew it. They won’t get that lucky this year.

The Ravens were amazing last year, so, yeah. You tend to win if you’re amazing, if that’s what you meant by everything going their way.

Direckshun
09-13-2020, 09:10 PM

I think we can forgive teams for some sloppiness right now.

The Browns have a good roster.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 09:11 PM
The Browns are talented.... I’m not sure I’d call them good though.

Yep, poorly coached from what I saw today. Ton of sloppy mistakes. Mayfield is looking more and more like a bust IMHO. He had plenty of time to throw, plenty of weapons, and looked like utter crap.

chiefzilla1501
09-13-2020, 09:12 PM

Baker was so bad today that I almost wonder if the team could compete with Keenum. And they need to trade the hell out of OBJ. With Keenum they have the same offense Stefanski had in Minnesota but with a ton more talent. But nobody should have expected a first time HC to fire on all cylinders given 2020 craziness. Their running game has so much talent it's so hard to believe they've been this bad.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 09:12 PM

The league is filled with "good" rosters that are not actually good teams. Look at the Cowboys last year going 8-8...or hell, the Browns going 6-10 last year. They had plenty of talent last year.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:13 PM
The Ravens were amazing last year, so, yeah. You tend to win if you’re amazing, if that’s what you meant by everything going their way.

They had the 2nd-fewest snaps lost due to injury last year with a pint-sized running QB. That’s not sustainable.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:14 PM
The league is filled with "good" rosters that are not actually good teams. Look at the Cowboys last year going 8-8...or hell, the Browns going 6-10 last year. They had plenty of talent last year.

Exactly. The Browns are not a good team.

PattyFlakes
09-13-2020, 09:15 PM

They had a good roster last year too. Looked like the same old shitty Browns to me with all the turnovers, penalties, and OBJ moping around.

Why Not?
09-13-2020, 09:16 PM
Same Cowboys, same Mike McCarthy, same Dak

DRM08
09-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Same Cowboys, same Mike McCarthy, same Dak

Another "good roster" that is not a good team in reality. Poor coaching and overrated players IMHO.

Simply Red
09-13-2020, 09:24 PM

I don't! I hope they rest in hell!

tk13
09-13-2020, 09:29 PM
If the Steelers beat the Giants tomorrow night, then the Washington football team will be in 1st place.

GloucesterChief
Minshew is going to prevent Jax from getting the #1 seed.

Al Bundy
Overall... Green Bay may be back.

Tampa is overhyped. If they can't run, these teams are just daring Brady to throw deep.

The race for the bottom will be interesting. A lot of terrible teams may end up being average. I think Cleveland can turn it around. But I don't know how the Jets can at all feel good about what they saw today.

That's not why they lost today. They lost today because they have a bunch of losers on the team, most don't care about winning. I don't think Tom Brady realized what he was getting in to with the cast of losers.

htismaqe

Yep.

mnchiefsguy
09-13-2020, 09:30 PM
The Ravens looked good against a bad Cleveland team that made a lot of mistakes.

The Ravens are the second best team in the AFC.

The Chiefs live in the Ravens head and have beaten them twice in the last two years. Lamar knows deep down he cannot beat Mahomes.

All three of these things are true.

mnchiefsguy
09-13-2020, 09:32 PM

Completely agree. He is just good enough to get them to 5-6 wins....some team is gonna go 2-14 or 3-13 and draft first.

Jax might not even get a top five drafting spot...they could easily land in the 6-10 type spot if they win 6 games.

staylor26
09-13-2020, 09:36 PM
The Jets are the clear favorites for the #1 overall pick

R Clark
09-13-2020, 09:40 PM
If the Steelers beat the Giants tomorrow night, then the Washington football team will be in 1st place.

It would be funny as hell if redskins could win that division

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2020, 09:40 PM
If we get up by 10+ points at any point then that game is over.

If the Browns had even an average QB that game would’ve been different today. Baker is garbage and that team is awful.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 09:47 PM
The Jets are the clear favorites for the #1 overall pick

Which means they’ll be getting rid of Gase and Darnold will likely be on the block.

lcarus
09-13-2020, 09:47 PM
If the Browns had even an average QB that game would’ve been different today. Baker is garbage and that team is awful.

I'm loving watching Baker tumble down Shit Mountain like Chris Farley in Black Sheep. "Every vote counts!" I can't wait until he eventually falls all the way down to Bustville. I just hope whoever chooses what NFL games are televised in Oklahoma gets over it and starts showing other games. The "sooner" the better.

PunkinDrublic
09-13-2020, 10:04 PM
Am I crazy for thinking Trubisky actually had a decent game?

staylor26
09-13-2020, 10:05 PM
Which means they’ll be getting rid of Gase and Darnold will likely be on the block.

Precisely.

DRM08
09-13-2020, 10:07 PM
It would be funny as hell if redskins could win that division

Sounds about right for 2020/COVID times

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Am I crazy for thinking Trubisky actually had a decent game?

For him. So much had to happen for the outcome to be what it was. It was like the perfect storm and pumping for hours only to get one drop of water. Like watching a baby learning how to walk lol.

htismaqe
09-13-2020, 10:25 PM
Precisely.

You gotta feel a bit for Lawrence. Other than Detroit or Cleveland, there's really no worse gig for a rookie QB than the Jets. And if you add in the New York media, it might actually be the worst.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 10:30 PM
Can’t wait until this Ravens team gets a couple of losses. So sick of the hype. It would be nice if they could be exposed before the playoffs this year. Waited 35 ****ing years for Patrick Mahomes and all they want to talk about is Lamar Jackson.

Come on man, it's fun to have some opposition. You just want us to streamroll everything and everybody forever? That would get boring after a while, don't ya think? The Ravens are a good enemy.

lcarus
09-13-2020, 10:32 PM
You just want us to streamroll everything and everybody forever?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/811CPTOuqpL._SY355_.jpg

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2020, 10:34 PM
Come on man, it's fun to have some opposition. You just want us to streamroll everything and everybody forever? That would get boring after a while, don't ya think? The Ravens are a good enemy.

Yes. The answer is yes. Kill everyone

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2020, 10:34 PM

We fans have suffered too many years . We WANT steamrolling for the next decade. We want 7 SB rings and 5 MVPs for PMII

DRM08
09-13-2020, 10:37 PM
We fans have suffered too many years . We WANT steamrolling for the next decade. We want 7 SB rings and 5 MVPs for PMII

Just get the rings. Don’t care about regular season stats or awards.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-13-2020, 10:47 PM

We all want that. I'm just saying it's fun to have an enemy. No other team really comes close to us.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-13-2020, 10:48 PM
We all want that. I'm just saying it's fun to have an enemy. No other team really comes close to us.

The Ravens remind me of some of the Chiefs teams with Alex Smith. Or even some of the ones from the 90’s. They dominate inferior competition, but could lose to those same inferior teams if things don’t go perfectly, and almost always lose to teams with elite QBs. They can’t play from behind because Lamar can’t pass when everyone knows he has to pass. They’re gimmicky. If both were to play 10 games against each other the Chiefs would win 7 because there’s less room for error with the Ravens than with the Chiefs. I’d even go with 8 because we undoubtedly have the QB advantage.

I’d say both the Ravens and 49ers teams remind me of Chiefs teams that used to drive us crazy in the playoffs.

lcarus
09-13-2020, 11:08 PM
The Ravens remind me of some of the Chiefs teams with Alex Smith. Or even some of the ones from the 90’s. They dominate inferior competition, but could lose to those same inferior teams if things don’t go perfectly, and almost always lose to teams with elite QBs. They can’t play from behind because Lamar can’t pass when everyone knows he has to pass. They’re gimmicky. If both were to play 10 games against each other the Chiefs would win 7 because there’s less room for error with the Ravens than with the Chiefs. I’d even go with 8 because we undoubtedly have the QB advantage.

I’d say both the Ravens and 49ers teams remind me of Chiefs teams that used to drive us crazy in the playoffs.

We'll have Pennel back for the Ravens so that should be a big help. You're exactly right. The Chiefs will get up on them early. They'll get rattled. They'll forget that Lamar Jackson isn't on the same level as Mahomes and start getting pass happy. Then it could all fall apart. Just like last season. Which by the way shouldn't have been as close as it was. The Ravens got lucky on a few 4th down passes as I'm sure everyone remembers. Lamar had no choice but to toss up a couple "duck marys" that somehow worked out for him.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 11:10 PM
You just want us to streamroll everything and everybody forever?Yes

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 11:11 PM
Just get the rings. Don’t care about regular season stats or awards.

https://i.imgur.com/oJ59jnL.gif

Mahomes_Is_God
09-14-2020, 01:28 AM
Yes

I mean that will be fun, but I'd like a rival along the way. If we just destroy everything I'm okay with that too boys. Let's just go.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-14-2020, 04:45 AM
Let them feast today, and forget yesterday's wounds. So they can fight tomorrow.
But they will eventually wake up and wonder, where did everyone go?

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 07:14 AM

Again, you're not understanding what I'm saying.

I love the competition. It's not about steamrolling.

It's about the media constantly going on about stuff. Lamar Jackson is not Patrick Mahomes. People need to stop pretending he is.

Ravens aside even, all we got subjected to last night was Patriots, Patriots, Patriots.

I'm pretty much done watching analysis. They're all fucking stupid.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 07:15 AM

Neither do the Ravens. 0-2 against the Chiefs, 0-2 in the playoffs. Paper tiger.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 07:17 AM
I mean that will be fun, but I'd like a rival along the way. If we just destroy everything I'm okay with that too boys. Let's just go.

Having a rival is just fine.

People pretending that the Ravens are BETTER? LMAOLMAOLMAO

chiefzilla1501
09-14-2020, 07:50 AM
Now that I think about it, the QBs I might worry about the most might not even be in the AFC. Lamar scares me less because he is unproven when the game is in his hands. If Rodgers is on, look out. And Russell Wilson and kyler Murray seem to have skills that are really hard to defend in today's game. Give me a throwing qb who runs over a running qb who throws any day of the week.

Why Not?
09-14-2020, 07:54 AM
They had a good roster last year too. Looked like the same old shitty Browns to me with all the turnovers, penalties, and OBJ moping around.

Yep. The sooner (no pun intended) they realize they still don’t have a QB, the better for them.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 08:02 AM
7 nation army chant...thry fucking blow

gblowfish
09-14-2020, 10:20 AM
Interesting watching Tampa v. New Orleans, since we play both of them. Saints have a powerful offense; Tampa has a pretty decent defense. No fear of Tommy Boy at all. I think we probably split those games with the harder game being Saints.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-14-2020, 10:27 AM
My review of every other team...Raiduhs

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 10:31 AM
Ravens look legit and remain our most difficult competition. They did whatever they wanted vs the Browns, they couldn't have had a better game.

The Patriots are still the kings of the AFCE, despite all the Buffalo hype that i knew was just bullshit anyway. Despite that, they could barely score vs the shitty Dolphins.

This is really a two horse race.

DRM08
09-14-2020, 10:38 AM
Interesting watching Tampa v. New Orleans, since we play both of them. Saints have a powerful offense; Tampa has a pretty decent defense. No fear of Tommy Boy at all. I think we probably split those games with the harder game being Saints.

I think Brady has more left in his arm than Brees. It's just that Brees had the huge advantage of franchise continuity heading into this game. Same coach/system for 15 years, while Brady is in a new system with new coach and a bunch of new receivers other than Gronk.

With that said, I think Tampa offense is going to get a lot better as the season moves forward and they get more experience with each other. Drew Brees already has a weak arm right now. It will be even weaker in late December when the Chiefs play them. Both games will not be easy for KC, but I think Tampa will be the tougher one to win.

FloridaMan88
09-14-2020, 10:52 AM
The Patriots are still the kings of the AFCE, despite all the Buffalo hype that i knew was just bullshit anyway. Despite that, they could barely score vs the shitty Dolphins.

I think Josh Allen playing at a halfway decent level for Buffalo is more sustainable than Cam Newton staying healthy and the Faketriots' gimmicky offense holding up.

wazu
09-14-2020, 10:52 AM
Just focusing on AFC...

Ravens are still awesome. Patriots upgraded QB, and I expect them to get better every week. Titans will be a tough out for anybody, will probably destroy the Broncos tonight. For me the surprise was seeing the Colts go down to the Jags. I think they're too well coached and have too many pieces to stay down for long.

Projected Playoff Teams:

AFC West Champs: Chiefs
AFC North Champs: Ravens
AFC East Champs: Patriots
AFC South Champs: Titans
Wild Card #1: Steelers
Wild Card #2: Bills
Wild Card #3: Colts

FloridaMan88
09-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Cleveland...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh0HURXXsAAQieA?format=jpg&name=large

BlackOp
09-14-2020, 11:20 AM

If Brees' arm is as bad as people say...that team becomes a lot easier to defend.

DC's will start forcing him to throw outside the hashes and take away the short/middle.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 11:27 AM
If Brees' arm is as bad as people say...that team becomes a lot easier to defend.

DC's will start forcing him to throw outside the hashes and take away the short/middle.

The NFL script writers would have more to say in who wins than Drew Brees' arm, amirite?

ptlyon
09-14-2020, 11:29 AM
Cleveland...

Say what you want, but they ain't no Raiders

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 11:52 AM
Just focusing on AFC...

Ravens are still awesome. Patriots upgraded QB, and I expect them to get better every week. Titans will be a tough out for anybody, will probably destroy the Broncos tonight. For me the surprise was seeing the Colts go down to the Jags. I think they're too well coached and have too many pieces to stay down for long.

Projected Playoff Teams:

AFC West Champs: Chiefs
AFC North Champs: Ravens
AFC East Champs: Patriots
AFC South Champs: Titans
Wild Card #1: Steelers
Wild Card #2: Bills
Wild Card #3: Colts

Philip Rivers when trailing by one score in the final six minutes last season: 26-of-59, 286 yards, 1 TD, 5 INTs, 29.3 passer rating.

Philip Rivers in the last 10 years in the final 6 minutes of one-score games: 50.2%, 9 TDs, 23 INTs, 53.5 passer rating.

The Patriots better hope Cam doesn't get hurt or they might not even finish 2nd, let alone 1st.

And fuck the Ravens. Anybody would have looked great against that shit show Mayfield put on yesterday.

Mecca
09-14-2020, 11:54 AM
Lotta real loser teams out there.

BlackOp
09-14-2020, 11:59 AM
The NFL script writers would have more to say in who wins than Drew Brees' arm, amirite?

Man...you really hate the idea that a billion dollar monopoly corporation might steer games for maximum profitability.

"No way"..as they drink a $12 Bud Light and pay $75 for parking.

How long did it take for you accept Santa wasn't real?

Chris Meck
09-14-2020, 12:00 PM
I'm trying to hold off judging too much on any of the teams with new coaching staffs or QB's after one game.

I expect a bunch of these teams will look shitty the first month and then some will catch fire.

It's going to be a weird year; and one where we are uniquely situated due to returning so much of our SB winning team and full coaching staff.

*except Brady. I'm judging like a motherfucker.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 12:02 PM
Man...you really hate the idea that a billion dollar monopoly corporation might steer games for maximum profitability.

"No way"..as they drink a $12 Bud Light and pay $75 for parking.

How long did it take for you accept Santa wasn't real?

I'm just keeping you honest, man.

It's not about the teams or the players, it's about the script.

Stay consistent at least.

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 12:03 PM
I'm trying to hold off judging too much on any of the teams with new coaching staffs or QB's after one game.

I expect a bunch of these teams will look shitty the first month and then some will catch fire.

It's going to be a weird year; and one where we are uniquely situated due to returning so much of our SB winning team and full coaching staff.

*except Brady. I'm judging like a motherfucker.

I think it's fair to judge Rivers, solely because he's worked with Reich before, and he put up a consistently Riversian performance. The guy is seriously about as anti-clutch as you can get.

O.city
09-14-2020, 12:06 PM
Rivers is done.

ModSocks
09-14-2020, 12:07 PM
Rivers is done.

Better arm than Brees or Brady.

I thought he looked pretty good actually, but....you know...he might be the most anti-clutch QB in the history of the league.

Kiimo
09-14-2020, 12:24 PM
I know I picked up Hines and Parris before the first game and I feel great about that.

They will lose games but put up stats, like always.

Sorce
09-14-2020, 01:03 PM
Cleveland...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh0HURXXsAAQieA?format=jpg&name=largeReminds me of this. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200914/26dc7caf022926b6dbccf3cebd873269.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

MahiMike
09-14-2020, 01:25 PM
Need further analysis of OP Avatar.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-14-2020, 01:28 PM
Cleveland...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Eh0HURXXsAAQieA?format=jpg&name=large

Poor Cleveland. Chiefs would convert that with their eyes closed.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-14-2020, 01:39 PM
Need further analysis of OP Avatar.

I'd tell you who she is but I have no idea. I just found the picture from a google image search. I'd like to know more about her myself.

JakeF
09-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Baltimore looks like they could be a real problem for us.

ChiefsFanatic
09-16-2020, 03:36 AM
OMG the Bengals...I feel bad for Burrow..Why? He missed two wide open receivers for touchdowns. He is pretty responsible for the loss. Yeah, it was his first game, but there are low level D-1 schools that have QBs that could have completed those two passes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

scho63
09-16-2020, 04:03 AM
Poor Cleveland. Chiefs would convert that with their eyes closed.

They got nothing on the Raiders! 3rd and 48...... :LOL:

htismaqe
09-16-2020, 10:21 AM
Baltimore looks like they could be a real problem for us.

Of course. :doh!: