PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Will ‘Mahomes effect’ get The Chiefs a Billion dollar stadium?

Deberg_1990
09-13-2020, 07:20 PM
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-13-2020, 07:22 PM
Can't afford it. Mahomes got 1/2 Billion

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 07:23 PM
I'd much prefer some minor upgrades to Arrowhead than a billion dollar stadium.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-13-2020, 07:24 PM
JFC dude

DRM08
09-13-2020, 07:24 PM
They don't need it. Arrowhead is a great stadium. The weather outdoors is an advantage in the playoffs since they have the most talented QB in the league who can throw the ball very well in horrible weather.

Bugeater
09-13-2020, 07:26 PM
I'm a purist and a traditionalist...I didn't really like the last renovations to Arrowhead.

displacedinMN
09-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Maybe in 20-30 years

TwistedChief
09-13-2020, 07:34 PM
I'm a purist and a traditionalist...I didn't really like the last renovations to Arrowhead.

I'm thrilled we no longer piss into troughs. But that's just me.

CoMoChief
09-13-2020, 07:35 PM
Even though they expanded them...still wish the concourses were wider in some areas.

CoMoChief
09-13-2020, 07:37 PM

The troughs were great....nothing better than bumpin balls with your fellow Chiefs fan.

Hah..you guys tricked me into saying that. Better not tell anyone.

big nasty kcnut
09-13-2020, 07:38 PM
No stop trying to replace arrowhead.

tk13
09-13-2020, 07:38 PM
They can put it downtown right next to the new Royals stadium.

Deberg_1990
09-13-2020, 07:39 PM
The troughs were great....nothing better than bumpin balls with your fellow Chiefs fan.

Ha. I had forgotten about those. Definitely a 70s era thing. Imagine if a new stadium put those in. The backlash it would receive.

ping2000
09-13-2020, 07:40 PM
It needs to be bulletproof. Fucking crazy ass faider fans.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mr_Tomahawk
09-13-2020, 07:44 PM
No.

mlyonsd
09-13-2020, 07:46 PM
I wish I had been able to go to a game at Municipal Stadium.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2020, 07:46 PM
I want Mahomes in a temperature-controlled environment as soon as he hits 30.

comochiefsfan
09-13-2020, 07:52 PM
No.

Arrowhead is an iconic venue. Why try and get rid of it?

R Clark
09-13-2020, 08:15 PM

This Arrowhead is just fine and while the history ain’t perfect it’s not all bad

lewdog
09-13-2020, 08:17 PM
I want Mahomes in a temperature-controlled environment as soon as he hits 30.

This.

Retractable roof by the time he hits his 30's.

scho63
09-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Arrowhead Stadium has aged like fine wine. NO!!!

Just like Camden Yards - still great 28 years later

kgrund
09-13-2020, 08:27 PM

Still have them in upper deck. They rock. Bathroom stops WAY faster with those puppies, which is the only thing that matters. They do have stalls for the bashful.

RustShack
09-13-2020, 08:34 PM
Maybe he can get a rolling roof for us.

Bugeater
09-13-2020, 08:34 PM

There's exceptions to every rule. LMAO

Valiant
09-13-2020, 08:44 PM
When the royals move downtown after the lease expires who knows. Maybe a thing like the rams stadium can be added. Put in shops and bars where Kaufman stood.

Hammock Parties
09-13-2020, 08:51 PM
This.

Retractable roof by the time he hits his 30's.

Last night I want is Mahomes, aged 33, slipping on wet turf and blowing out something.

Dante84
09-13-2020, 08:52 PM
My number one beef with Arrowhead is the ugly ass yellow club seats.

Outside of that, if they needed to update it, it would be cool to just encase Arrowhead with a nice exterior like 30 feet away from its current walls, and then have a retractable roof, for when Patrick is in his 30’s & 40’s.

Frazod
09-13-2020, 09:05 PM

With the additions on the southwest side, the stadium no longer has the symmetry it did before. A minor thing, I guess, but it looked much cleaner before.

POND_OF_RED
09-13-2020, 09:11 PM
They’d going to need to expand the hall of honor section to add more trophy cases. That’s the only stadium renovations I’m interested in.

HonestChieffan
09-13-2020, 09:57 PM
After Covid we will never see Arrowhead full to capacity . New Normal will suck balls

R Clark
09-13-2020, 10:11 PM
After Covid we will never see Arrowhead full to capacity . New Normal will suck balls

Wow pessimist much?

R Clark
09-13-2020, 10:14 PM
Last night I want is Mahomes, aged 33, slipping on wet turf and blowing out something.

If Brady can play in New England at 40 pat can play at arrowhead when he’s 50

Titty Meat
09-13-2020, 10:16 PM
KC is pretty broke right now

oldman
09-13-2020, 10:35 PM

There was a certain charm to the bleachers swaying.

KCWolfpack
09-13-2020, 10:56 PM
They can put it downtown right next to the new Royals stadium.

Do you like tailgating? If so, do NOT build a downtown stadium.

From what I've seen, a good tailgating scene starts first and foremost by having a large parking lot where fans (and their vehicles) can gather before the game. There are other factors but every pro and college team that has a great tailgating scene always starts with that.

A stadium built in a city's downtown simply doesn't have room for a large parking lot like this. At best, there's room for a small parking lot with a few hundred spaces for the high-rollers like what Lucas Oil has in Indy. Most downtown stadiums don't even have that.

Think of all the teams you know that are known for their tailgating, then name one that built downtown

I DON'T miss the troughs though.

Bowser
09-13-2020, 11:33 PM
They'll have the whole complex to their selves once the Royals pack up and move downtown. Keep Arrowhead, build up a fan experience destination around it.

suzzer99
09-13-2020, 11:54 PM

I learned what adult penises looked like at the Arrowhead trough. True story.

bringbackmarty
09-14-2020, 12:26 AM
You'd think that arrowhead is on a clock, the most recent renovations are now well into their service life but kc is broke. They ain't paying for it. Kc may be one of the last to go but eventually the game moves indoors during bad weather.

scho63
09-14-2020, 01:43 AM

Still have them in upper deck. They rock. Bathroom stops WAY faster with those puppies, which is the only thing that matters. They do have stalls for the bashful.

There's exceptions to every rule. LMAO

One man's sink is another man's trough.....

It's all a matter of perspective! :LOL:

htismaqe
09-14-2020, 07:38 AM
The troughs may be a bit uncivilized but dear God, changing to urinals slowed bathroom time down by a factor of at least 3.

MahiMike
09-14-2020, 07:41 AM
If they don't do it now they never will.

O.city
09-14-2020, 08:12 AM
Bulldoze the K when the Royals move, build a big hotel complex with restaurants and outdoor bars that can be easily used when tailgating etc.

Done.

Dayze
09-14-2020, 08:16 AM
doesn't matter to me.
I won't be able to attend if they do ; hell, I can't afford to attend now. lol.

the real question is whether Clark is going to try to fleece KC/JaCo and for how much.

I've seen the Chiefs win super bowl; something I legitimately never thought I'd see in my life time. So , as far as I'm concerned , they can do whatever they want. Move ,don't move. Change name, don't change name. Renovate, build a billion $ stadium.

none of it matters to me anymore.

eDave
09-14-2020, 08:17 AM
Dude should at least get us a rolling roof. He has a stake in both teams.

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-14-2020, 08:17 AM

/thread

BWillie
09-14-2020, 08:34 AM
Bulldoze the K when the Royals move, build a big hotel complex with restaurants and outdoor bars that can be easily used when tailgating etc.

Done.

This would be a pretty good solution. Its still in a really shitty non-centralized area though. Its crazy to me they have no entertainment district down there. I'm not a huge tailgater though. I much prefer the urban environment at power and light or an outdoor bar with a roof top than drinking Busch Light in the parking lot in the snow or 95 degree heat. Ive always had a great time before and after the B12 tournament down at Power and Light and watched the Super Bowl at Country Road Ice House.

eDave
09-14-2020, 08:41 AM
This would be a pretty good solution. Its still in a really shitty non-centralized area though. Its crazy to me they have no entertainment district down there. I'm not a huge tailgater though. I much prefer the urban environment at power and light or an outdoor bar with a roof top than drinking Busch Light in the parking lot in the snow or 95 degree heat. Ive always had a great time before and after the B12 tournament down at Power and Light and watched the Super Bowl at Country Road Ice House.

Cards stadium is way out there but there is an entire entertainment district, including Coyotes arena, right next door. Always hopping and great fun being there when the game, or concert, is going on inside.

https://i.imgur.com/P3eNtSk.jpg

Dbacks stadium downtown has entertainment all around as well as is even more fun. Heck, you can eat at Fridays in left field. Been there a few times and it's super cool.

I imagine Sprint Center is similar. Crank that to 11.

Eleazar
09-14-2020, 08:45 AM
Deberg thread

kcclone
09-14-2020, 08:48 AM
I like the affordable (pre-covid) prices on tickets, so I would be against the idea of a new stadium.

Arrowhead is a great game day atmosphere. It seats 78k and has a perfect set up for tailgating.

ROYC75
09-14-2020, 08:55 AM
There was a certain charm to the bleachers swaying.

No shit, as a kid I asked my Dad why the bleachers were shaking, he told me everybody was excited!

Randallflagg
09-14-2020, 09:06 AM

Ditto!

ROYC75
09-14-2020, 09:09 AM
I like the affordable (pre-covid) prices on tickets, so I would be against the idea of a new stadium.

Arrowhead is a great game day atmosphere. It seats 78k and has a perfect set up for tailgating.

It always has and will have the perfect NFL tailgating experience.

Problem is, some people just seem to think you can fix perfect!

Talisman
09-14-2020, 09:15 AM
They don't need it. Arrowhead is a great stadium. The weather outdoors is an advantage in the playoffs since they have the most talented QB in the league who can throw the ball very well in horrible weather.
I believe what you are trying to say is he can spin this shit in anything.

Sorce
09-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Billion dollar stadiums seem to be all the rage.

Will the Chiefs and Mahomes popularity get the Chiefs to build one of these sweet new palaces?

Or is Kansas City not quite glamorous enough for one?

https://i.imgur.com/MpA1rBA.jpg

bowener
09-14-2020, 09:29 AM
They'll have the whole complex to their selves once the Royals pack up and move downtown. Keep Arrowhead, build up a fan experience destination around it.

This. And build up public transit to the fucking place. That would be nice.

Unrelated to your comment, but if they do anything because of Mahomes it will be adding more luxury boxes opposite the previous renovations.

Funkstown
09-14-2020, 10:12 AM
No. Keep both Kaufman and Arrowhead next to each other.

gblowfish
09-14-2020, 10:17 AM
Arrowhead is a classic venue like Lambeau or Soldier Field. Leave it be.

ROYC75
09-14-2020, 10:23 AM

Arrowhead is a classic venue like Lambeau or Soldier Field. Leave it be.

All of this, Truman Sports Complex is iconic!

Funkstown
09-14-2020, 10:41 AM
All of this, Truman Sports Complex is iconic!

Absolutely! It reminds me of Lambeau and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia combined. That Vegas Stadium? That garbage makes me want to wretch.

FloridaMan88
09-14-2020, 10:47 AM
I think the rolling roof idea should eventually happen.

The projected cost in 2006 was $170 million.

I am not a Jackson County taxpayer so it's not my $$$ to spend, but that doesn't seem like a bad deal, considering the likely ROI from events such as the Super Bowl, Final Fours, etc. Arrowhead could have hosted with a rolling roof.

eDave
09-14-2020, 10:54 AM
A Superbowl in Arrowhead is my next hope to see before I die. That would be awesome.

Deberg_1990
09-14-2020, 11:07 AM
A Superbowl in Arrowhead is my next hope to see before I die. That would be awesome.

Then the only way KC gets one of those is a billion dollar stadium with retractable roof.

eDave
09-14-2020, 11:11 AM
Then the only way KC gets one of those is a billion dollar stadium with retractable roof.

Doesn't count. Must be Arrowhead. Rolling roof makes that a good possibility. Gonna need hotels though.

Bowser
09-14-2020, 11:12 AM
I learned what adult penises looked like at the Arrowhead trough. True story.

https://media.giphy.com/media/1jDvQyhGd3L2g/giphy.gif

Chief Roundup
09-14-2020, 11:25 AM

Done.

This and the retractable roof would help give KC a chance at hosting a Super Bowl.

redfan
09-14-2020, 11:29 AM
Define "all the rage", DeBerg.

Chieftain
09-14-2020, 12:39 PM
I don't think there is a need for a new stadium. Arrowhead looks great. It doesn't feel like an old stadium at all and has all the amenities a fan would need.

mlyonsd
09-14-2020, 01:07 PM
We just expelled the jinx from Arrowhead. Let's keep it.

gblowfish
09-14-2020, 02:27 PM

None of us regular joes would be able to afford a ticket.

BWillie
09-14-2020, 05:18 PM
Absolutely! It reminds me of Lambeau and Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia combined. That Vegas Stadium? That garbage makes me want to wretch.

While we hold Arrowhead to that standard, I don't quite think the rest of the country holds it in the same regard as Lambeau.

Personally, I think the new Vegas stadium looks amazing but it lacks some character. Character builds over time, though. Most football stadiums lack character compared to baseball, though.

ChiefsFanatic
09-16-2020, 03:32 AM
What if the Royals moved, and the Chiefs get a new stadium built where The K sits now, but with a twist......

They use the original blueprints, constructing a very close duplicate of Arrowhead Stadium, but all the most needed changes are made, like wider concourses, etc. plus all the new technologies could be a part of the infrastructure in the new stadium.

To top it off would be either a rolling roof, or retractable roof. It would keep everything that makes Arrowhead so great, and the fan experience in the stands, and in the tailgating areas would only change for the better.

It would be something that people would always talk about, because it's something that has never been done before. Arrowhead was regarded as ahead of its time, and has proven to be one of the single best one sport stadiums in the entire world.

I think it would be amazing.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

displacedinMN
09-16-2020, 05:28 AM

For that fact,,

IF a new stadium needed to be built. There is enough land to have 3 stadiums while the new would be built. Just less parking for a while.

Over the next 200 years-play the shell game with stadiums.

BTW NO to downtown stadiums. NO NO NO.

KC has the best setup in sports.

KChiefs1
09-16-2020, 05:37 AM

It was awesome but I was just a kid who found stuff like that amazing.

Couch-Potato
09-16-2020, 05:37 AM
I hope so, and this is how I hope it goes down...

1) Move to down town KC. Arrowhead is in the middle of nowhere and KC is lacking in entertainment, might help revitalize the P&L district. I dont wanna here you old fuddy-duddies talking that nonsense about traffic or changing the culture.

2) Incorporate parts of the old stadium so that you can continue to call the new stadium Arrowhead. Narrative = "Its not a new stadium, they just moved and uprgraded the old one. Parts of it anyways."

3) It should be loud.

In all seriousness though the stadiums they are building out here in LA are really doing a lot to revitalyze the South Central neighborhoods and maybe Arrowhead could do some good for parts of KC.

KChiefs1
09-16-2020, 05:39 AM
What they need to work on is having a "Ballpark Village" setup between the stadiums with bars, restaurants & shops to make that a great place to go after the games.

Think a smaller Zona Rosa setup.

Bob Dole
09-16-2020, 07:31 AM
I seriously don’t understand the constant yearning by some for new stadiums. I go to games to watch the game, not swim or get shitfaced and play video games. KC has an iconic sports complex that has been maintained and updated as needed. Just stop already. You’re as bad as the remove statues crowd.

luv
09-16-2020, 08:57 AM
Updating the current stadium is fine. When we toured Arrowhead last January, there was talk about the concerts that are held there, and the challenge that the shape of the stadium and the seating structure holds for artists. I actually kind of like that.

I love busy concourses, too. The only thing I would change would be to do something to create a larger pro shop. Or put another one on the other side of the stadium. I know they have the little kiosk type ones throughout the stadium, but the main one is always shoulder to shoulder with the line being long enough that you're in the way of people trying to shop, and that room is limited enough already.

eDave
09-16-2020, 09:04 AM
None of us regular joes would be able to afford a ticket.

TV is fine.

Couch-Potato
09-16-2020, 09:21 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29372091/ranking-nfl-stadiums-1-28-lambeau-leap-dc-disaster#KC

Arrowhead #3 on ESPN's top stadium lists.

eDave
09-16-2020, 09:27 PM
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29372091/ranking-nfl-stadiums-1-28-lambeau-leap-dc-disaster#KC

Arrowhead #3 on ESPN's top stadium lists.

That article says Chiefs lack an overall history of success at Arrowhead.

Couch-Potato
09-16-2020, 10:06 PM
That article says Chiefs lack an overall history of success at Arrowhead.

Well, we are homers... From the outside, we might not have looked all that great over the years until recently.

TinyEvel
09-16-2020, 11:45 PM

Whatever makes you feel comfy. It's the same distance.

Well except on Club level. So much granite.

TinyEvel
09-16-2020, 11:47 PM
I think the rolling roof idea should eventually happen.

The projected cost in 2006 was $170 million.

Damn! That's like only THREE HOUSES in California.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-17-2020, 01:30 AM
They will have to come out with officially licensed recliners. Which will put your live image in a stadium seat. With a 3 minute delay for decency.