PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Need recommendations on Fish

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:35 AM
So I need some recommendations from those who eat fish regularly.
I am not a fish eater. If fish has a strong pungent smell I can't get it past the nose. I do like Tuna fish sandwiches though.
I don't really eat seafood either. It is expensive to just try and then possibly, probably with me, throw it away because I couldn't get past the smell or texture.
The only time I have ever enjoyed Shrimp was taking them straight from the skillet where they were being cooked in butter. Once they were just a little cooler the texture changed, rubberish, and I could not eat them.
I also need to know what is the best spices to use for cooking fish.
Yes I got my blood work back and my LDL is still to damn high.

R Clark
09-19-2020, 11:36 AM
Crappie , flathead, bluecat

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 11:37 AM
Might help if we know what fish you don't like. For example, I assume from your Op that you're not a fan of salmon.

wazu
09-19-2020, 11:38 AM
Ever tried sushi? I find it to be much less "fishy" than cooked fish.

CanadianChief
I’m the same when it comes to fish but I get pickerel up here in Canada. I put them in a milk and egg wash then toss them in flour and pan fry them in butter for a few minutes on each side. I then sprinkle some pepper and lemon juice on them. Very mild flavor and not much of a fishy smell to it.

Donger
Tuna fish...

Donger
09-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Perhaps start out with something like tilapia? Very mild taste.

RunKC
09-19-2020, 11:40 AM
Try to get wild if you can. If you get farmed, read the label.

Do not ever get farmed fish from Chile. They are awful and get around regulations and are really not ideal for quality.

Instead try to get farmed fish from Norway. Their farms are under regulations, they feed them good food and they make it very similar to wild fish by giving them room to swim.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:42 AM
Catfish often has a dirt flavor and or sandy grit to it.
Crappie is not readily available in the grocery stores. Never ate it that I remember. I do not like freshwater lake Bass because it is fishy as well and I have seen them with worms in them.

Might help if we know what fish you don't like. For example, I assume from your Op that you're not a fan of salmon.

I have never tried salmon or tilapia.
Like I said my experience with fish is very limited.

Jewish Rabbi
09-19-2020, 11:42 AM
One of the most knowledgeable posters in the media forum. Helped me out a ton when I was getting started with Kodi!

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:43 AM

No I never have and there is not a place to get fresh sushi in the smallish, 15K people, that I live in either.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 11:47 AM
Tilapia is about as mild and non offensive as you're gonna get at the store. Butter and Cajun seasoning.

Chief Roundup

It seems to be pretty fishy smelling.

Pointer19
I have never eaten fish I didn’t like, but I haven’t had much more than catfish, salmon, or sushi. Been too long now that I think about it.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:49 AM
Tilapia is about as mild and non offensive as you're gonna get at the store. Butter and Cajun seasoning.

What is better Slap ya mama, Tony Chachara or Louisiana?

Pointer19
09-19-2020, 11:49 AM
I have never tried salmon or tilapia.
Like I said my experience with fish is very limited.

Bagel and Lox (salmon) is a really tasty breakfast with cream cheese and capers that doesn’t seem fishy at all in my opinion.

Donger
09-19-2020, 11:51 AM
It seems to be pretty fishy smelling.

Well, it IS a fish. But it one of the most mild-flavored fish, and depending on how you cook it, it's minimal.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 11:52 AM

I like the low salt Tony if I'm buying it. I've got in the habit of making my own because I use it a lot. They're all sodium bombs though so if you're trying to watch that then get those versions.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:54 AM
Well, it IS a fish. But it one of the most mild-flavored fish, and depending on how you cook it, it's minimal.

Is it wrong to figure I should be baking the fish that I get and cook?
Should I do it like a pork steak or chop, sear it in a skillet with some oil and then bake or???

Donger
09-19-2020, 11:54 AM
I wonder how many people say, "tuna fish" versus "tuna." I bet it's a sizable majority.

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Tilapia has a mild flavor, but the flesh tends to be a little coarser grained. Though if you don't have any experience with fish you may not notice.

Basically you're looking for a coldwater white fish, like cod, lingcod, halibut, flounder, etc. Mahi Mahi and swordfish are good choices if you have that option.

For freshwater fish, if you could find walleye that might be your best overall choice. Striper or white bass/white bass hybrids also might work well for you.

These 'white' fish all have little flavor on their own; they're kind of like mushrooms or white meat chicken, meaning they take on the flavor of the seasonings that you put on them.

To remove most/all of the fishy flavor and smell, squeezing a little lemon over it just before serving usually does the trick.

The easiest or most trouble-free way to cook fish is by baking, either in foil or parchment paper.

One trick to remove most of the fishy smell while cooking is to add a couple tablespoons of white wine to the fish before putting in the oven.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:55 AM
Rate these options for me please
Cod
Halibut
Salmon
Tuna
Tilapia

Donger
09-19-2020, 11:56 AM
Is it wrong to figure I should be baking the fish that I get and cook?
Should I do it like a pork steak or chop, sear it in a skillet with some oil and then bake or???

I'd bake it the first time. I like this one:

https://kristineskitchenblog.com/baked-tilapia/

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 11:58 AM
I wonder how many people say, "tuna fish" versus "tuna." I bet it's a sizable majority.

For me Tuna fish is only a sandwich like Egg Salad or Chicken salad.
Why are some called Steaks or patties instead of fillets? I am assuming it is the size of the fish that they were harvested from.

Donger
09-19-2020, 11:59 AM
Cod
Halibut
Salmon
Tuna
Tilapia

Halibut is my favorite by far. Salmon at the bottom, unless it's cedar plank. Swordfish or shark is like a fish steak.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 11:59 AM
Cod
Halibut
Salmon
Tuna
Tilapia

I'd put salmon and tuna steaks at the bottom for your purposes. The other three I'd rank tilapia last but it's gonna be easy to find and cheap. If you can find a good deal on halibut pull the trigger. Cod is non offensive. Those are about the same to me.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 12:00 PM
Well, it IS a fish Dumbass.

I can just hear Milkman/Red Foreman..... :LOL:

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 12:02 PM
Cod
Halibut
Salmon
Tuna
Tilapia

Assuming you mean by 'fishiness' scale:

Tilapia
Cod
Tuna or Halibut
Salmon

In terms of flavor and texture:

Halibut
Cod
Tilapia
Salmon
Tuna-this fish is so lean it tends to get dry during cooking very quickly, so for me I usually just sear, so the middle is rare, which may not be your thing. Cooked-through tuna is not something I've eaten in several decades.

Donger
09-19-2020, 12:03 PM
For me Tuna fish is only a sandwich like Egg Salad or Chicken salad.
Why are some called Steaks or patties instead of fillets? I am assuming it is the size of the fish that they were harvested from.

I just find it funny. No one says, "I'm going to have a trout fish sandwich" or "I made this delicious tilapia fish soup."

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 12:06 PM
I just find it funny. No one says, "I'm going to have a trout fish sandwich" or "I made this delicious tilapia fish soup."

Is there any other fish that people turn into a sandwich?

Sorce
09-19-2020, 12:07 PM

Cod

Halibut

Salmon

Tuna

Tilapia

Cod and Halibut are similar and kind of a blank canvas. They are good for battering and frying. Tilapia can be fishy at times but blackened or lemon is the way I would go there. Not a salmon fan, except smoked but that is cured and raw. Tuna there is a difference between the stuff in a can and a tuna steak. Steaks you want to eat rare with a quick sear on the outside.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Donger
09-19-2020, 12:08 PM
Is there any other fish that people turn into a sandwich?

Lol yes.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 12:09 PM
Assuming you mean by 'fishiness' scale:

Tilapia
Cod
Tuna or Halibut
Salmon

In terms of flavor and texture:

Halibut
Cod
Tilapia
Salmon
Tuna-this fish is so lean it tends to get dry during cooking very quickly, so for me I usually just sear, so the middle is rare, which may not be your thing. Cooked-through tuna is not something I've eaten in several decades.

This stuff makes me wonder.
I like Tuna and it does not seem all that fishy smelling to me at least in the store. In the store the Tilapia seems to be one of the smelliest. Maybe it is the the "section" that I am noticing. :shrug:

EPodolak
09-19-2020, 12:09 PM

Good choice. For non-fish eaters breaded white fish like cod is probably best. Slather on some tartar sauce.

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Good choice. For non-fish eaters breaded white fish like cod is probably best. Slather on some tartar sauce.

If this is about his heart health he's going to have to sear, bake, grill or steam it.

Sorce
09-19-2020, 12:11 PM
Is there any other fish that people turn into a sandwich?The filet o fish.

Sorce
09-19-2020, 12:13 PM
Also maybe think about crab or scallops. Shrimp get rubbery when overcooked.

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 12:17 PM
This stuff makes me wonder.
I like Tuna and it does not seem all that fishy smelling to me at least in the store. In the store the Tilapia seems to be one of the smelliest. Maybe it is the the "section" that I am noticing. :shrug:

Tilapia has a bit more oil in it than tuna, IIRC, which is where the fish smell comes from.

Part of it may also be the quality of the fish. Fresh fish doesn't tend to be fishy smelling, in general. But bacteria grows on fish very quickly and its waste products create that strong fishy smell. Some of this can be rectified by simply squeezing some citrus on the fish, which effectively washes off the bacteria and its waste. Rinsing in a salt solution will do the same. Living here in AZ with limited access to truly fresh fish has made rinsing any store-bought fish in a little salt solution with a couple lemons squeezed in there a habit at this point. After the fish takes a 5 minute bath, I rinse in ice-cold water for a few seconds and prepare normally.

Pointer19
09-19-2020, 12:24 PM
Mmm. Anybody want to make a Long John Silvers run?

srvy
09-19-2020, 12:31 PM

Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic makes all fish edible.

https://www.vitacost.com/Images/Products/500/Chef-Paul-Prudhommes/Chef-Paul-Prudhommes-Magic-Seasoning-Blends-Seafood-Magic-047997123206.jpg

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 12:40 PM
Tilapia has a bit more oil in it than tuna, IIRC, which is where the fish smell comes from.

Part of it may also be the quality of the fish. Fresh fish doesn't tend to be fishy smelling, in general. But bacteria grows on fish very quickly and its waste products create that strong fishy smell. Some of this can be rectified by simply squeezing some citrus on the fish, which effectively washes off the bacteria and its waste. Rinsing in a salt solution will do the same. Living here in AZ with limited access to truly fresh fish has made rinsing any store-bought fish in a little salt solution with a couple lemons squeezed in there a habit at this point. After the fish takes a 5 minute bath, I rinse in ice-cold water for a few seconds and prepare normally.

Whoops, the salt bath includes a lot of ice, and about a tablespoon of salt for every quart-quart and a half of water. 3 tablespoons for a gallon or so. Enough to taste, not enough to make you gag.

Another fish I can recommend if you can get it (I just got some online) is barramundi, which tastes a lot like sea bass. Very mild white fish with a nice medium firm texture. Excellent pan seared.

frozenchief
09-19-2020, 12:40 PM
I eat a lot of halibut and salmon. Salmon is fairly fatty and strongly flavored, although there are things you can do to soften the flavor. If you just eat it straight, you will get a lot of salmon flavor. If you have enough to can salmon, you can add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and onion or jalapeños and some smoke powder. Those ‘lessen’ the salmon flavor. If you don’t can it, I would cut salmon into bite-size portions. Sauté with onions and mushrooms and some sage. Finish with heavy cream and serve over egg noodles.

Halibut is a more meaty fish. It is pretty steak-like in its firmness. Halibut is far more of a blank canvas that shows the flavors of other parts of a dish, but halibut can dry out very easily. As a white fish, there are a myriad of ways to deal with halibut from grilling to sautéing to broiling.

My favorite is to sous vide the halibut. Add a couple sprigs of sage or tarragon, a couple slices of lemon and about 2 tablespoons of butter. Sous vide at 122 degrees for about 30-45 minutes if the steaks are less than 1” thick, about 45-60 minutes if they’re over an inch thick. Use the juice from the sous vide bag to make an integral sauce with some stock. If you don’t have stock, use canned clam juice. To make the sauce, sauté some garlic, shallots or onions with some butter. Deglaze the pan with white wine or sherry. Once the wine is cooked down to a thick syrup, add the juices and stock and reduce by about ½. Finish with some butter or some cream. Not overdone, not fishy and it just melts in your mouth.

Cod is more flaky and fatty and is more typical of fish. Light flavored, I find cod is best fried in a beer batter. You can make beer battered halibut or salmon but I like cod best. To make a good beer batter, make sure the beer is really cold and use it quickly. In other words, don’t make your batter and then let it sit for a day. You want the carbonation. I also use a beer that is heavily malted, such as Alaska Amber. IPAs and bitter, hoppy beers don’t do as well. I also season the flour for my batter. I usually use salt, pepper, ancho chili pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and then whatever I feel like.

Because of Covid, travel restrictions to rural Alaska have really put a crimp in how much salmon and halibut I have in my freezer going into the winter. When we lived in the Bush, I’d say we ate salmon about 2 nights a week and halibut about 1 night a week. I’ve cooked those fish in more ways than I can count, so if you’ve got any more questions, let me know. I’m happy to help.

eDave
09-19-2020, 01:04 PM
Old Bay.

And lemon cuts down on the "fishiness". Halibut is a very rich fish. I can only get through a few bites.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 01:07 PM
Old Bay.

And lemon cuts down on the "fishiness".

Love old bay. Especially on popcorn.

Pointer19
09-19-2020, 01:16 PM
Old Bay.

And lemon cuts down on the "fishiness". Halibut is a very rich fish. I can only get through a fee bites.

Love old bay. Especially on popcorn.

French fries with Old Bay is delish

The Franchise
09-19-2020, 01:23 PM
Swordfish

KCUnited
09-19-2020, 01:29 PM
Wife gifted me a Sitka Salmon share for my birthday this year and I love it. It's a fisherman coop out of the PNW. They catch the fish, process it, flash freeze it and delivery it to your door every month. It's not always salmon either. Its whatever is in season. We've received cod, halibut, rockfish, etc. Comes with a bunch of recipes and cooking tips.

https://sitkasalmonshares.com/

Rasputin
09-19-2020, 01:31 PM
Fish can eat a bag of dicks in the Nope to the nopity nope nope thread.

JD10367
09-19-2020, 01:35 PM
Fish is not actually supposed to smell "fishy". If it's really good fresh fish from a seafood market then it shouldn't smell so much.

Salmon is a very specific taste. Try some smoked salmon from the supermarket (that stuff is okay to get in a package). I have it in a salad, just lettuce, tomato, salmon, cubed cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. (I buy flavored balsamic vinegars to change the overall taste.) If you can stomach smoked salmon, it's a nice easy way to get your fish dose, and it's relatively cheap (a 3-oz. package in the supermarket is around $5-7).

Any meaty "whitefish" is pretty easy to cook. Whether you fry it, bake it, or even boil it, if it goes from translucent to white then it's good to go. Haddock and cod are pretty close but some people think haddock is "fishier".

Tuna is an interesting fish. When you have a tuna steak it tastes much different from the canned stuff. A tuna steak is versatile because you can put blackening spices on it, or even just pour some BBQ sauce or something on it when it's cooked. Most people like their tuna a little rare (or a lot rare), but I like mine looking pretty medium-well by steak standards (gray on the outside and around a centimeter into the fish, and maybe just a little pink in the center). I'd rather it be overcooked than be raw or fishy tasting.

I don't care for swordfish. I find it oily and fishy and it's actually a high mercury fish.

Scallops are good. They're also versatile. We just cook them up in some olive oil and tons of fresh garlic and a little butter, and pour it over pasta. Like whitefish, if the scallop is white and not translucent then it's cooked.

Halibut, trout, and catfish can be fishy if prepared wrong. I don't care for halibut. Trout is hard to find at a restaurant, and so is catfish. The Texas Roadhouse chain used to sell it but now they've switched to regular white fish; I think Cracker Barrel still has it.

Tilapia is actually a pretty tasty little fish but it's almost all farm-raised so be careful of where it came from. It's a nice flat fish so it's easy to cook and spice up.

Plain old "fish and chips" in a restaurant is going to depend on where you get it. Again, if they use a fresh fish, it should not taste fishy. If you try it in a restaurant and like it there, I suggest sticking to getting it at that restaurant. Surprisingly, the aforementioned Texas Roadhouse actually does a good job. And almost every restaurant has a salmon and, since it's usually one of the few fishes on the menu, they usually do a decent job with it. Fresh salmon used to have a bad reputation for having tiny bones in it but whatever modern methods they have for deboning seems to work well because I can't tell you the last time I got a salmon bone in a restaurant.

eDave
09-19-2020, 01:39 PM
Wife gifted me a Sitka Salmon share for my birthday this year and I love it. It's a fisherman coop out of the PNW. They catch the fish, process it, flash freeze it and delivery it to your door every month. It's not always salmon either. Its whatever is in season. We've received cod, halibut, rockfish, etc. Comes with a bunch of recipes and cooking tips.

https://sitkasalmonshares.com/

We got a guy that comes up from Puerto Penasco in a van with fresh fish, flash fried seafood every 3 days. Sits on the same corner dirt lot. People get there early to await his arrival. Great langostino lobsters which is commonly used in the restaurant trade to refer to the meat of the squat lobster, which is neither a true lobster nor a prawn. Squat lobsters are more closely related to porcelain and hermit crabs.

Long John Silvers and Red Lobster created some controversy for themselves when they tried to pass off langostino's as lobster.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 01:46 PM
Swordfish

Delicious.

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/8b/ee/b0/8beeb0526c7192b07b36c69537579822.jpg

KCUnited
09-19-2020, 01:52 PM
We got a guy that comes up from Puerto Penasco in a van with fresh fish, flash fried seafood every 3 days. Sits on the same corner dirt lot. People get there early to await his arrival. Great langostino lobsters which is commonly used in the restaurant trade to refer to the meat of the squat lobster, which is neither a true lobster nor a prawn. Squat lobsters are more closely related to porcelain and hermit crabs.

Long John Silvers and Red Lobster created some controversy for themselves when they tried to pass off langostino's as lobster.

That's cool he makes that trip, I'd be all over that. My inlaws have a home in Rocky Point. This is the first year in the last decade we haven't made it down. Buying langostinos as big as your head right off the malecon is one of my favorite things down there. Boiled and splashed in garlic butter is hard to beat.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 01:53 PM

First post was a good one for freshwater fish.

If you enjoy fishing even a little bit or have a buddy that really loves you, then there's almost no better eating than fried crappie. Walleye and Spoonbill are both freaking delicious as well but those aren't as readily available.

Just something to keep in mind if you decide to go full bore on fish eating.

Pablo
09-19-2020, 01:54 PM
Fish is not actually supposed to smell "fishy". If it's really good fresh fish from a seafood market then it shouldn't smell so much.

Salmon is a very specific taste. Try some smoked salmon from the supermarket (that stuff is okay to get in a package). I have it in a salad, just lettuce, tomato, salmon, cubed cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. (I buy flavored balsamic vinegars to change the overall taste.) If you can stomach smoked salmon, it's a nice easy way to get your fish dose, and it's relatively cheap (a 3-oz. package in the supermarket is around $5-7).

Any meaty "whitefish" is pretty easy to cook. Whether you fry it, bake it, or even boil it, if it goes from translucent to white then it's good to go. Haddock and cod are pretty close but some people think haddock is "fishier".

Tuna is an interesting fish. When you have a tuna steak it tastes much different from the canned stuff. A tuna steak is versatile because you can put blackening spices on it, or even just pour some BBQ sauce or something on it when it's cooked. Most people like their tuna a little rare (or a lot rare), but I like mine looking pretty medium-well by steak standards (gray on the outside and around a centimeter into the fish, and maybe just a little pink in the center). I'd rather it be overcooked than be raw or fishy tasting.

I don't care for swordfish. I find it oily and fishy and it's actually a high mercury fish.

Scallops are good. They're also versatile. We just cook them up in some olive oil and tons of fresh garlic and a little butter, and pour it over pasta. Like whitefish, if the scallop is white and not translucent then it's cooked.

Halibut, trout, and catfish can be fishy if prepared wrong. I don't care for halibut. Trout is hard to find at a restaurant, and so is catfish. The Texas Roadhouse chain used to sell it but now they've switched to regular white fish; I think Cracker Barrel still has it.

Tilapia is actually a pretty tasty little fish but it's almost all farm-raised so be careful of where it came from. It's a nice flat fish so it's easy to cook and spice up.

Plain old "fish and chips" in a restaurant is going to depend on where you get it. Again, if they use a fresh fish, it should not taste fishy. If you try it in a restaurant and like it there, I suggest sticking to getting it at that restaurant. Surprisingly, the aforementioned Texas Roadhouse actually does a good job. And almost every restaurant has a salmon and, since it's usually one of the few fishes on the menu, they usually do a decent job with it. Fresh salmon used to have a bad reputation for having tiny bones in it but whatever modern methods they have for deboning seems to work well because I can't tell you the last time I got a salmon bone in a restaurant.

I don't think you've got Culver's in the NE, but for a fast food fish sandwich they can't be beat.

scho63
09-19-2020, 01:55 PM
If you need to stay away from "fishy fish" like I do, here is a list:

GOOD
-------
Tuna
Octopus
Bay Scallops
Grouper
Red Snapper
Trout
Cod
Tilpaia
Lobster
Shrimp
Clams cooked
Oysters
Swordfish

BAD
------
Bluefish
Salmon
Crab
Mussels
Mako
Flounder

You basically need to avoid "oily" content fish. The higher the oil content, while good for you like Salmon, the "fishier" and "stronger" the taste.

Another BIG thing is that once it goes past a certain fresh date, it will taste fishy.

Sushi grade raw tuna is fantastic with soy, wasabi and ginger.

Steamed red snapper with lemongrass, garlic, ginger, ponzu and rice wine vinegar is incredible.

Grilled octopus with fresh lemon, extra virgin olive oil and lentils is great.

Fresh ceviche cooked in lime juice with shrimp, tilapia and scallops on top of red onion, arugala, cherry tomatoes and some grilled bread can't be beat.

Fresh swordfish lightly grilled on your outdoor BBQ with lemon, butter and fresh herbs is great as well.

MOhillbilly
09-19-2020, 01:56 PM
So many missed opportunities for crude humor.

Sad.

Peter Gibbons
09-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Chilean Sea Bass

Willie Lanier
09-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Swordfish

Is amazing

Donger
09-19-2020, 02:25 PM
Delicious.

Bet it smells fishy...

JD10367
09-19-2020, 02:36 PM
Bet it smells fishy...

Same rules. If it smells fishy, it isn’t fresh, don’t eat it or you might get sick.

The Franchise
09-19-2020, 02:37 PM
Is amazing

Fuck yes it is.

mr. tegu
09-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Go with cod. Just do a lemon pepper seasoning and you are good to go. It doesn’t have a fishy taste at all and is a bit more of a meaty texture. That’s why it’s the preferred fish of a fish and chips dinner. Relatively low cost as well and readily available.

Also, just grill your fish. It helps with removing that fishy taste. Just make sure if it doesn’t have skin then you likely want to use foil or else it tends to fall apart easily.

Simply Red
09-19-2020, 02:52 PM

yes for sure.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 02:52 PM
Just got back from the store. The selection was bad. Salmon, Honey smoked Salmon with the skin or Tilapia.
So I got the Tilapia. Living in a small town has its disadvantages.

Simply Red
09-19-2020, 02:55 PM
& once everything is leveled out - it's PARTY TIME!!!!!!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/09QTdTX" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/09QTdTX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/09QTdTX" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/09QTdTX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/09QTdTX" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/09QTdTX"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mr. tegu
09-19-2020, 02:56 PM
Just got back from the store. The selection was bad. Salmon, Honey smoked Salmon with the skin or Tilapia.
So I got the Tilapia. Living in a small town has its disadvantages.

I’m guessing you won’t like the tilapia. It has a distinct taste, even though it’s not a typical fishy taste.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 03:04 PM
I wish I had the opportunity for truly fresh fish.
A decade ago I was in Destin, FL and I was amazed at the market we went to where they were dumping the fish out of the boats separating and preparing them. Boat to the counter 15 minutes or less. Now that is fresh.

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 03:05 PM
I’m guessing you won’t like the tilapia. It has a distinct taste, even though it’s not a typical fishy taste.

I don't know. I am not going to make it tonight but I will let you all know. I have to start somewhere and I am thinking it was the best option I had at this moment.

loochy
09-19-2020, 03:07 PM
Try Mahi Mahi. It has pretty much no fishy taste at all.

booger
09-19-2020, 03:10 PM
Don’t know if it lowers my cholesterol but I sure do have lots of fun spitting on, slapping, and talking dirty to the fish before I eat it

Shiver Me Timbers
09-19-2020, 03:12 PM
My go to fish
Wild Pacific Salmon- Smoked on a cedar shingle or a piece of alder
Halibut- Smoked or broiled
Orange Roughy broiled
Tuna steaks seared
Freshwater my topper is Walleye if cooked correctly
I forgot Rainbow Trout. That is the bomb as well

I don't eat shell fish anymore. Back in the day I used to gorge at the Lobster Pot in Union Station. Good times

frozenchief
09-19-2020, 03:21 PM
I wish I had the opportunity for truly fresh fish.
A decade ago I was in Destin, FL and I was amazed at the market we went to where they were dumping the fish out of the boats separating and preparing them. Boat to the counter 15 minutes or less. Now that is fresh.

One year on a float down the GoodNews river, we were catching silver (coho) salmon. They were bright and shiny and still had sea lice (small external parasites that cannot live in fresh water so its presence means the fish just came into fresh water). We had brought lots of wine and twice baked potatoes. We were catching fish that had just started their run up the river so they were still really good, i.e., not starting to turn. From the time we landed them until they time they were buttered and seasoned and cooked was less than 10 minutes. Best salmon I ever had. Probably helped that the weather was perfect and we had a great fishing trip and there was a bear on a hill on the other side of the river that we were watching. Great memory. Once in a lifetime experience.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-19-2020, 03:21 PM
Tilapia has a mild flavor, but the flesh tends to be a little coarser grained. Though if you don't have any experience with fish you may not notice.

Basically you're looking for a coldwater white fish, like cod, lingcod, halibut, flounder, etc. Mahi Mahi and swordfish are good choices if you have that option.

For freshwater fish, if you could find walleye that might be your best overall choice. Striper or white bass/white bass hybrids also might work well for you.

These 'white' fish all have little flavor on their own; they're kind of like mushrooms or white meat chicken, meaning they take on the flavor of the seasonings that you put on them.

To remove most/all of the fishy flavor and smell, squeezing a little lemon over it just before serving usually does the trick.

The easiest or most trouble-free way to cook fish is by baking, either in foil or parchment paper.

One trick to remove most of the fishy smell while cooking is to add a couple tablespoons of white wine to the fish before putting in the oven.

Thread over. Good job Mr. Megatron.

By the way, if you just don't like fish then most likely you're......

A DUMBASS!

Chief Roundup
09-19-2020, 03:22 PM

So since this is about the Omega 3 oil that are good for the LDL and heart I did a quick search. It appears that there are certain fish that have a lot higher levels of the Omega 3 than others.
Salmon - 4123 mg per serving
Mackerel - 4107 mg per serving
Cod - 2682 mg per serving
Sardines - 2205 mg per serving
Caviar - 1086 mg per serving
Herring - 976 mg per serving
Oysters - 370 mg per serving

Tilapia - 100 mg per serving
Tuna steak - 240 mg per serving
Tuna canned - 80 mg per serving

frozenchief
09-19-2020, 03:25 PM
My go to fish
Wild Pacific Salmon- Smoked on a cedar shingle or a piece of alder
Halibut- Smoked or broiled
Orange Roughy broiled
Tuna steaks seared
Freshwater my topper is Walleye if cooked correctly
I forgot Rainbow Trout. That is the bomb as well

I don't eat shell fish anymore. Back in the day I used to gorge at the Lobster Pot in Union Station. Good times

I remember the Lobster Pot from many years ago.

And you make a good point about wild salmon as opposed to fresh salmon. Taste and texture are different. Farmed salmon gets its color from dye pellets fed to the fish. It also has a softer texture. Wild salmon has more of a fiery orange color without the white fatty stripes. And if you get wild salmon, you can also get roe. Soak salmon roe (eggs) in a really salty brine over night. Drain. Mix soy sauce, garlic, and wasabi and then pour over the roe and its delicious, especially with a champagne that has some good mineral flavors. The mineral flavors counter-balance the fat and are a great combination.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-19-2020, 03:33 PM
I eat sardines about twice a week. I came across a brand at walmart thats in a box ,( It's a regular sardine can but it's inside a box), and it says "SEASON brand" Sardines in 100% Olive Oil, Wild Caught Skinless boneless.It says 1700mg Omega 3 Fatty Acids.

These are the best Sardines you'll ever eat. They're a little more expensive but well worth it.

booger
09-19-2020, 03:43 PM
Reminds me of Rosey. I swear that woman smuggled sardines south of her border

Radar Chief
09-19-2020, 04:18 PM

Tilapia is a shit fish.
Literally, they eat shit.
Mrs. Radar and I took our son to the St. Louis zoo a couple of summers ago and you'll never guess what they kept in the hippo enclosure to help keep it clean. Yup, tilapia.
I was fortunate enough that while I was checking out the hippo enclosure one swam by and left behind a couple of hippo nuggets in its wake, and before those nuggets even started settling to the bottom several tilapia swarmed and started pecking at them.
I'll never purposely eat tilapia again.

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 04:22 PM
Tilapia is a shit fish.
Mrs. Radar and I took our son to the St. Louis zoo a couple of summers ago and you'll never guess what they kept in the hippo enclosure to help keep it clean. Yup, tilapia.
I was fortunate enough that while I was checking out the hippo enclosure one swam by and left behind a couple of hippo nuggets in its wake, and before those nuggets even started settling to the bottom several tilapia swarmed and started pecking at them.

Heh, loves me some fried tilapia

As long as the farm doesn't feed' em shit, that is...

Donger
09-19-2020, 04:31 PM
Tilapia is a shit fish.

I presume that said fish aren't provided to the public for consumption!

Anyway:

Myth: Tilapia eat poop.

Fact: Tilapia are plant eaters; they do not eat poop unless they are being starved.

Truth: The rumor that tilapia prefer poop stems from an episode of Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel in which the host, Mike Rowe, visited a fish farm that raised hybrid striped bass. Mike unknowingly exposed the cruelty of the farmers, as they starved their tilapia into eating the wastes of the more valuable bass. Some time later, after a public outcry, the farm reported that the tilapia were only being used as "cleaners" and were never intended for human consumption. Still not nice, but whatever.

Other investigations into the tilapia farming practices in Honduras, Vietnam, Indonesia and China, have reported that it is not uncommon for fish farmers to starve tilapia into eating hog manure. Surprisingly, this practice does not have to be disclosed when the tilapia filets are imported for sale in US grocery stores. This is actually true of all imported fish. To be safe, you should only eat fish raised in the United States.

By the way, we use the word "starve" loosely to mean "not supplying any legitimate aquatic species food source". Tilapia have very strong strike and graze instincts, and will "nibble" on just about anything that enters their water, including fingers and toes.

Rain Man
09-19-2020, 04:39 PM

Mahi Mahi is great. It doesn't taste like any other fish.

I also like sea bass but I'm not sure if we're supposed to eat that any more.

sedated
09-19-2020, 05:03 PM
I'd just have some fried catfish (corn meal batter) with hot sauce. Tastes like a super light and tender version of chicken tenders/"boneless wings".

There has to be a place in almost any town that serves that.

lewdog
09-19-2020, 05:05 PM
Costco has some frozen Mahi Mahi burgers that cook up nice.

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 05:06 PM
I'd just have some fried catfish (corn meal batter) with hot sauce. Tastes like a super light and tender version of chicken tenders/"boneless wings".

There has to be a place in almost any town that serves that.

Loves me some catfish, but for people already averse to fishy taste its a bad choice IMO

Rain Man
09-19-2020, 05:08 PM
Loves me some catfish, but for people already averse to fishy taste its a bad choice IMO

We used to get catfish a lot when I lived in Texas. Good stuff.

booger
09-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Delicious.

She will sit on your face and wiggle. Rub those whiskers right off your chinny chin chin

sedated
09-19-2020, 05:16 PM

I guess I've never really considered finding fish that doesnt taste like fish, since I eat fish because I like it (and I don't even bother with cod because it tastes like water)

Any have suggestions for a tomato that doesn't taste so "tomato-ish"?

booger
09-19-2020, 05:19 PM
Everyone’s hearts would be much healthier if we ate more fish and practiced proper muff diving skills and ethics.

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 05:25 PM
I guess I've never really considered finding fish that doesnt taste like fish, since I eat fish because I like it (and I don't even bother with cod because it tastes like water)

Wasn't trying to argue with ya

I actually agree, it ALL tastes like fish to one degree or another lol... I've never understood people who dont like fish/seafood anyway

I'd cut chicken or pork out of my diet before fish

But even the best prepared catfish is "fishier" than most, JMO

Abba-Dabba
09-19-2020, 05:25 PM
Tilapia is a shit fish.

So do vegetables.

Do you eat rice? Ever seen how dirty a rice paddy actually is?

Stewie
09-19-2020, 06:00 PM
Tuna fish is just vernacular.

People on the east coast often call cod, codfish. I think it's to distinguish it from a codpiece. :)

mr. tegu
09-19-2020, 06:14 PM

Ketchup.

Abba-Dabba
09-19-2020, 06:17 PM
Stick to a whitefish like tilapia, cod, orange roughy, Stay away from oily fish. Learn how to wet brine. Brining will always help remove some of the fish smell.

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 06:22 PM
Stick to a whitefish like tilapia, cod, orange roughy, Stay away from oily fish. Learn how to wet brine. Brining will always help remove some of the fish smell.

Yep

Saltwater
Lemon water
Milk
Buttermilk
Citrus soda

Pretty much any overnight soak in something like that works

Bowser
09-19-2020, 06:23 PM
Man, I thought this was a thread looking for suggestions that I could mod abuse Fish with. *sad face*

booger
09-19-2020, 06:41 PM
Yep

Saltwater
Lemon water
Milk
Buttermilk
Citrus soda

Pretty much any overnight soak in something like that works

Years ago had an old fisherman tell me to get a two liter of 7up or sprite and soak channel cat fillets in it overnight. Worked very well! Added lemon juice and salt the next time

booger
09-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Yellow perch is underrated and almost as good as walleye. Especially jumbo perch through the ice. Northern Pike is also great if you can get the Y bones out. Good vids on YouTube to watch and learn from it you don’t have the opportunity to see someone do it in person

Megatron96
09-19-2020, 07:33 PM
Man, I thought this was a thread looking for suggestions that I could mod abuse Fish with. *sad face*

This was my first thought as well. I was much more interested in that, but oh well . . .

JD10367
09-19-2020, 07:48 PM
Tilapia is a shit fish.

Lobster eat the dead things that settle to the bottom of the ocean floor.

What you eat does not account for your tastiness.

Sofa King
09-19-2020, 07:49 PM
I’m on a hunting trip. Can’t read all the responses. If you’re gonna eat a fish you catch, bleed it out by cutting the gills. Then soak it in salt water overnight.

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 07:58 PM
I’m on a hunting trip. Can’t read all the responses. If you’re gonna eat a fish you catch, bleed it out by cutting the gills. Then soak it in salt water overnight.

Exactly right, bleeding it out properly is more than half the battle

I'm always surprised at how many seasoned fishermen dont know about draining them that way when watching youtube catch and cook videos

Boon
09-19-2020, 08:08 PM
Halibut
Blue fin tuna steak
Yellow fin tuna steak
Walleye
Crappie
Good clean catfish from Kaw lake in Oklahoma.

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2020, 08:37 PM
I'm a big fan of mild saltwater white fish and cod is probably my favorite (I love swordfish but it can be so hit and miss). Cod is high in protein and easy to make. I do a pan-seared Cod that takes about 12 minutes total, including prep time, but you can also prep and leave in the fridge overnight.

1. Fully defrost a piece of Cod.

2. On a cutting board, spread about 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil, then coat the Cod.

3. Generously sprinkle seasoning directly on the Cod/Olive oil and don't be afraid to rub it in. My favorite is Cayenne & Black pepper but I also like Lemon Pepper. Some stores offer a Cajun Spice which can also be excellent.

4. Preheat a small frying pan to medium heat, then place the seasoned cod in the pan. Turn after 4-5 minutes (I use gas and I'm at Sea Level so your cooking time may vary).

5. After about 8 minutes, the cod should be fully cooked, tender and flaky.

I don't use any additional sauces, as it's generally really flavorful. Costco also sells a beer battered cod that works well in an air fryer. Here's a pic I took a recently of a piece of cod I made for lunch a few weeks back. Good luck!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c0bfe06a5f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r7809550804162428666&th=174a953b73e0c4ed&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_n5eEoELf9GgUQqEFn0Qbu0neDIb0wx--yTzEr1XUo8ncj15PJhLsE5fM5FnN0K7I7TZOc0RwKQpB0M9NsdRziAeXwCjG7IVy9digHWH83vIiPLIoiAD5j0rs&disp=emb&realattid=ii_kfah9abz0

Eleazar
09-19-2020, 08:46 PM
wild Alaskan salmon & oily cold water fish like black cod are what you want.

booger
09-19-2020, 08:52 PM
Exactly right, bleeding it out properly is more than half the battle

I'm always surprised at how many seasoned fishermen dont know about draining them that way when watching youtube catch and cook videos

Best to bleed them out in a bucket or cooler. If you keep them in the lake on a stringer them damn turtles will get them! Fucking turtles!! Snapping turtle is mighty tasty though. Really good catch clean cook vids on YouTube for turtles

Easy 6
09-19-2020, 08:56 PM
Best to bleed them out in a bucket or cooler. If you keep them in the lake on a stringer them damn turtles will get them! Fucking turtles!! Snapping turtle is mighty tasty though. Really good catch clean cook vids on YouTube for turtles

I always keep a 5 gallon bucket in the back of the truck for those situations

Rasputin
09-19-2020, 09:00 PM

:bang: turtles

fuck turtles :cuss:

TLDM
Turtle Lives Don't Matter

booger
09-19-2020, 09:03 PM
I always keep a 5 gallon bucket in the back of the truck for those situations

Yep. Learned that lesson at an early age seeing a stringer full of fish heads lmao

booger
09-19-2020, 09:06 PM
:bang: turtles

**** turtles :cuss:

TLDM
Turtle Lives Don't Matter

At least snappers are fun to catch. Painted and soft shells/leather backs can eat a bag of dicks though. I guess people eat them too. In general all them turtles can be pests though I agree

booger
09-19-2020, 09:09 PM
I'm a big fan of mild saltwater white fish and cod is probably my favorite (I love swordfish but it can be so hit and miss). Cod is high in protein and easy to make. I do a pan-seared Cod that takes about 12 minutes total, including prep time, but you can also prep and leave in the fridge overnight.

1. Fully defrost a piece of Cod.

2. On a cutting board, spread about 2 teaspoons of Olive Oil, then coat the Cod.

3. Generously sprinkle seasoning directly on the Cod/Olive oil and don't be afraid to rub it in. My favorite is Cayenne & Black pepper but I also like Lemon Pepper. Some stores offer a Cajun Spice which can also be excellent.

4. Preheat a small frying pan to medium heat, then place the seasoned cod in the pan. Turn after 4-5 minutes (I use gas and I'm at Sea Level so your cooking time may vary).

5. After about 8 minutes, the cod should be fully cooked, tender and flaky.

I don't use any additional sauces, as it's generally really flavorful. Costco also sells a beer battered cod that works well in an air fryer. Here's a pic I took a recently of a piece of cod I made for lunch a few weeks back. Good luck!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=c0bfe06a5f&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-a:r7809550804162428666&th=174a953b73e0c4ed&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_n5eEoELf9GgUQqEFn0Qbu0neDIb0wx--yTzEr1XUo8ncj15PJhLsE5fM5FnN0K7I7TZOc0RwKQpB0M9NsdRziAeXwCjG7IVy9digHWH83vIiPLIoiAD5j0rs&disp=emb&realattid=ii_kfah9abz0

What’s the best way to go if buying some swordfish online to get good quality in your experience? Never have tried it but it is on the to try list someday

DaneMcCloud
09-19-2020, 09:23 PM
What’s the best way to go if buying some swordfish online to get good quality in your experience? Never have tried it but it is on the to try list someday

I’ve never even tried because the swordfish I’ve had in expensive seafood restaurants has always been so hit and miss that I didn’t want to take the chance.

My other favorite fish is Red Snapper, which is also mild and super yummy. Back when my parents lived in south Florida, I’d visit for a week at a time, so my dad and I would head out into the Gulf on his 25’ center console fishing boat and catch dozens of red snapper. The guys at the boat storage company would clean the fish for free while we waited for it to be put away, then throw it on the Jen-Aire back at the house.

I don’t think I’ve ever bad a bad piece of red snapper and it makes for great fish tacos.

Fishpicker
09-19-2020, 09:29 PM
thresher shark

you'll need to research the prep and double the soak time . but you will get a very mild fish dinner.

lime beurre-blanc to finish

booger
09-19-2020, 09:34 PM
I’ve never even tried because the swordfish I’ve had in expensive seafood restaurants has always been so hit and miss that I didn’t want to take the chance.

My other favorite fish is Red Snapper, which is also mild and super yummy. Back when my parents lived in south Florida, I’d visit for a week at a time, so my dad and I would head out into the Gulf on his 25’ center console fishing boat and catch dozens of red snapper. The guys at the boat storage company would clean the fish for free while we waited for it to be put away, then throw it on the Jen-Aire back at the house.

I don’t think I’ve ever bad a bad piece of red snapper and it makes for great fish tacos.

Ok I get what your saying. That would be easy enough to piss a person off because it’s a good chance a guy would buy in bulk. Buy a loin to have a few steaks in the freezer and get a bad fish it’s all going to taste bad. Thanks :thumb:

booger
09-19-2020, 09:43 PM
thresher shark

you'll need to research the prep and double the soak time . but you will get a very mild fish dinner.

lime beurre-blanc to finish

Is that a swordfish alternative? Steaks/meat look similar from a quick google search

Fishpicker
09-19-2020, 09:51 PM
I'm not sure.

all i know is that thresher shark, when done properly is lighter than rabbit. get it fresh, soak it in water, then soak it in milk. bake it and it is fish/steak/cottoncandy

booger
09-19-2020, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure.

all i know is that thresher shark, when done properly is lighter than rabbit. get it fresh, soak it in water, then soak it in milk. bake it and it is fish/steak/cottoncandy

Worth looking into/reading up on. Thanks man :thumb:

JD10367
09-19-2020, 11:28 PM
Only ate shark once but it was pretty good. Guys were fishing off a pier in FL. They tied a rope around a horizontal railing, on the last pass around they put an empty soda can under the rope, and baited a big hook with meat. Sat back and fly fished and waited for the can to crush.

Fish
09-19-2020, 11:37 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AccurateUnfinishedBergerpicard-size_restricted.gif

Couch-Potato
09-20-2020, 04:33 AM

LOL I left KC for LA over a decade ago and the way I describe home to locals is "If you go on a first date, your date will ask you if you like sushi."

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2020, 07:12 AM
Also depends on how you prepare it. I personally don't like baked fish. Don't like the texture or taste. I prefer it with a good sear. If you don't like fish I'd think less about seasoning and more about ways to mask the taste. Throw in a little acid like lemons. Better yet try out some glazes, sauces, or toppings. You can also try using it for tacos or stews.

sedated
09-20-2020, 09:50 AM

LMAO

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 10:02 AM

ROFL

Coach
09-20-2020, 10:19 AM

I was going to mention you, since your user name was exactly the same, but at the same time, I didn't want to spoil whatever you may had cooking up.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 10:48 AM
Another option for you could be certain light seafood soups. Off the top my head cioppino comes to mind. And if I were you, the first time I had it, I probably either have it in a restaurant or order it from somewhere like McKenzies limited. That way you know what it was really supposed to taste like.

Just a thought.

eDave
09-20-2020, 10:54 AM
Another option for you could be certain light seafood soups. Off the top my head cioppino comes to mind. And if I were you, the first time I had it, I probably either have it in a restaurant or order it from somewhere like McKenzies limited. That way you know what it was really supposed to taste like.

Just a thought.

Getting into Clam Chowder season too. Love that stuff (New England, not Manhattan).

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 11:00 AM
Getting into Clam Chowder season too. Love that stuff (New England, not Manhattan).

Chowder is gross.

eDave
09-20-2020, 11:03 AM
Your gross.

Dartgod
09-20-2020, 11:03 AM
I recommend...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Bb0o6WxE4o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 11:32 AM

Just a thought.

One thing about Cioppino is the mussels, based on your dislike for fishy smells and tastes, I'd probably skip the mussels when making it. you're probably really looking for something like this:

http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/259489/italian-fish-stew/

Or this:

https://wildalaskancompany.com/blog/recipe-for-mediterranean-cod-stew?utm_source=google&utm_medium=searchdmtg&utm_keyword=&utm_campaign=G%20-%20US%20-%20Search%20-%20DSA%20-%20DMT&utm_creative=463740772769&discount=15OFF&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIoKy_kKH46wIV7D6tBh2eMAjrEAMYAiAAEgJVVvD_BwE

Okay, that's it for now. Gotta watch football now or lose my man card.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 01:50 PM
Your gross.

I don't own gross.

Chief Roundup
09-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Ok so tonight I went to the Krogers and found some wild caught Cod. There were 2 nice "steaks" in the package. They were about an inch thick and 5 inches long. I made them and they were eatable, but I over spiced them.
I put too much garlic and too much Tony's on them. Easy enough to adjust going forward. My grandson, 11 year old finicky eater, and I both ate them though. I made grilled asparagus and red skinned mashed potatoes with the Cod.

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 09:28 PM
Ok so tonight I went to the Krogers and found some wild caught Cod. There were 2 nice "steaks" in the package. They were about an inch thick and 5 inches long. I made them and they were eatable, but I over spiced them.
I put too much garlic and too much Tony's on them. Easy enough to adjust going forward. My grandson, 11 year old finicky eater, and I both ate them though. I made grilled asparagus and red skinned mashed potatoes with the Cod.

Congrats. It's easy to over-salt fish, saltwater fish in particular. Try buying a salt-free seasoning and adding just a little salt to rub on the fish.

Or try mixing your seasoning with a couple tablespoons of flour or cornstarch before putting on the fish until you get the hang of how much seasoning to put on your fish.

scho63
09-22-2020, 04:04 AM

You're on your way to eating fish! Congrats......:D