PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs That was the most insane thing i have ever witnessed

Mahomes_Is_God
09-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Im not even gonna sleep tonight, or tomorrow

Mecca
09-20-2020, 05:48 PM
Chiefs overcame some serious ref ball today.

Rasputin
09-20-2020, 05:49 PM
Did you not watch the Super Bowl LIV?

That was much more insane

TwistedChief

I know why you say that, but the most egregious call in the game was probably the non-call on Hill when he took his helmet off.

carcosa
That 4th and 1 punt in OT was very funny

Pointer19
09-20-2020, 05:50 PM
I know why you say that, but the most egregious call in the game was probably the non-call on Hill when he took his helmet off.

How long after the play is a player allowed to remove his helmet? Dumb rule in my opinion.

eDave
09-20-2020, 05:51 PM

And themselves. Scary win man.

Hawker007

What about the no call on the obvious targeting play that knocks Watkins out of the game?

smithandrew051
3 58 yard field goals and a 53 yard field goal. All money.

SupDock

What do you mean by egregious?

The helmet to helmet on Watkins comes to mind for me

chiefzilla1501
09-20-2020, 05:52 PM
We had our worst stuff against a pretty good team and still came out on top. I don't know why the chargers D gives us fits. But we look to have figured something out towards the end.

TLO
09-20-2020, 05:55 PM

I assumed his helmet had come loose and that's why he removed it? I was about 3/4 working and 1/4 watching the game at that point though so IDK

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2020, 05:56 PM
I've watched football for a few decades now, and that was the single most freaking nails thing I've ever seen a placekicker do in my freaking life. He just kicked 3 game winning FGs in OT from 50+, 2 from 58, plus a game-tying FG as the clock ran out in regulation time, plus hitting another 58-yarder earlier!!

Un be lievable

Simply Red
09-20-2020, 05:56 PM

so it's the equalizer.

Mecca
09-20-2020, 05:57 PM
The Chiefs got hit with multiple ticky tack penalties on the last drive while they let a dude launch himself at Watkins head, and let false starts go, there was no agenda, mmhmm.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 05:57 PM
Ravens game was better

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-20-2020, 05:58 PM
I survived the Cardiac Cardinals back in the 1970s. . . but I'm fifty-years older now. Not sure my heart is up for the Cardiac Chiefs.

Obviously, gotta spend more time on the treadmill to get myself back into football-watching shape.:eek:

Bearcat
09-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Did you not watch the Super Bowl LIV?

That was much more insane

I've said for years that it's like people start with a clean slate every season.... might be onto something. LMAO

Chiefs=Champions
09-20-2020, 06:00 PM
Toub deserves a head coaching gig.

Rain Man
09-20-2020, 06:01 PM
I've watched football for a few decades now, and that was the single most freaking nails thing I've ever seen a placekicker do in my freaking life. He just kicked 3 game winning FGs in OT from 50+, 2 from 58, plus a game-tying FG as the clock ran out in regulation time, plus hitting another 58-yarder earlier!!

Un be lievable

Tell me the story again! I want to hear the story again!

(Pulls up a pillow and sits on the ground.)

St. Patty's Fire
09-20-2020, 06:02 PM

Imo it was the non call on the helmet to helmet that knocked Sammy out

With Hill it was more of a “it’s in the rules” penalty, just a dumb mistake on Hills part. Refs just let that dude headhunt Sammy and get away with it tho.

lcarus
09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
The Chiefs got hit with multiple ticky tack penalties on the last drive while they let a dude launch himself at Watkins head, and let false starts go, there was no agenda, mmhmm.

Watkins gets speared in the brain with the crown of a helmet and no call. The Chargers false start like a full second early on a 4th and 1 run play. But Allegretti sneaks a fart before a field goal and here come the flags.

SupDock
09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
Imo it was the non call on the helmet to helmet that knocked Sammy out

With Hill it was more of a “it’s in the rules” penalty, just a dumb mistake on Hills part. Refs just let that dude headhunt Sammy and get away with it tho.

Real-time, I thought his helmet popped off when he rolled on the ground. It's not until the replay that I saw he did it himself. I'm guessing the refs thought the same

Mecca
09-20-2020, 06:06 PM
Watkins gets speared in the brain with the crown of a helmet and no call. The Chargers false start like a full second early on a 4th and 1 run play. But Allegretti sneaks a fart before a field goal and here come the flags.

It's baffling they got the Chiefs on flinch false starts but let the Chargers OL move and hold everywhere.

Wisconsin_Chief

Anyone who watched this game and didn’t see that the refs were obviously trying to hand LA the win is simply a very naive person. I’ve seen it too many times against the Bolts and Raiders and it’s very easy to tell when it’s occurring.

They wanted the Chargers to celebrate a win in their opening game in the new stadium, plain and simple. You could almost see it on the faces of the Chiefs’ players. Something was off and they knew it, it happened to them 2 years ago against the Rams too.

Unfortunately for the league office, we’re just too fucking good.

bdj23
Ravens game was better

I was at that game too

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-20-2020, 06:08 PM

Not even close... That would have been a 1 point change. The obvious false start on the Chargers on 4th and 1 that wasn't called from the 50 lead to 7 points.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2020, 06:08 PM
Tell me the story again! I want to hear the story again!

(Pulls up a pillow and sits on the ground.)

....and after he kicked the game-winner the Magnificent Buttkicker whipped out his fifteen foot long pecker and used it to pole vault to the top of Sofi Stadium where he generated a stream of piss strong enough to extinguish all the forest fires burning in California.

The End

swifty32661
09-20-2020, 06:11 PM
....and after he kicked the game-winner the Magnificent Buttkicker whipped out his fifteen foot long pecker and used it to pole vault to the top of Sofi Stadium where he generated a stream of piss strong enough to extinguish all the forest fires burning in California.

The End

:clap::clap:ROFLROFL:clap::clap:

Basileus777
09-20-2020, 06:13 PM
https://i.imgur.com/tqXOvSK.png

RealSNR
09-20-2020, 06:15 PM
Idiot Chief fan: "Anybody else worried about Butker? I know his stats are great and he's hit game winners before, but I just can't shake this nervous feeling I have whenever he lines up to kick!"

And yes, I've seen this post before. About Butker. And Santos. And Succop. Hell, back in the days of Stenerud, Chief fan was probably writing this post by inscribing hieroglyphics into stone!

Randallflagg
09-20-2020, 06:15 PM
What do you mean by egregious?

The helmet to helmet on Watkins comes to mind for me

I have to admit that today's game left me scratching my head (refs). However, I was curious - why they didn't call Hill for removing his helmet after his TD? That one puzzled the hell out of me..

Glad the idiots DIDN'T call it, though. Suck it Bolts.

Randallflagg
09-20-2020, 06:16 PM
I survived the Cardiac Cardinals back in the 1970s. . . but I'm fifty-years older now. Not sure my heart is up for the Cardiac Chiefs.

Obviously, gotta spend more time on the treadmill to get myself back into football-watching shape.:eek:

I'm 74.....I had to grab a Xarelto...damned heart was running backwards.....

lcarus
09-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Idiot Chief fan: "Anybody else worried about Butker? I know his stats are great and he's hit game winners before, but I just can't shake this nervous feeling I have whenever he lines up to kick!"

And yes, I've seen this post before. About Butker. And Santos. And Succop. Hell, back in the days of Stenerud, Chief fan was probably writing this post by inscribing hieroglyphics into stone!

I got that bad feeling a lot with Santos and Succop. Not with Butker though. He's fucking nails.

mlyonsd
09-20-2020, 06:21 PM

The EndThis must be the movie version. That I would pay to watch.

RealSNR
09-20-2020, 06:21 PM
I got that bad feeling a lot with Santos and Succop. Not with Butker though. He's fucking nails.

This performance by Butker was the greatest performance by a Chiefs kicker since...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5s4dOLwS3U0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2020, 06:22 PM
If I were Nick Allegretti I'd be buying Butker a bottle of the finest champagne in LA right now.

Bwana
09-20-2020, 06:24 PM

Yeah I watched him do that and went "Oh shit, no you didn't." They got lucky there.

SupDock
09-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Yeah I watched him do that and went "Oh shit, no you didn't." They got lucky there.

I don't think they thought he did it on purpose, it happened so fast.

On replay he clearly did.

MahiMike
09-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Toub deserves a head coaching gig.

Why? Because his GM got buttkicker?

RINGLEADER
09-20-2020, 06:34 PM
That 4th and 1 punt in OT was very funny

Someone at the Chargers forum posted some analytics that showed it was a push whether to go for it or not but the problem with the analytics is they don't take Mahomes and Butker into account.

I was stunned they didn't go for it. Did they really think Mahomes wouldn't be exactly at the same point as if they missed within 4-5 plays? Evidently...

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 06:35 PM
I gotta tell you guys I was absolutely terrified when we had to go for it on 4th down in overtime.

And then we ran the most basic bitch play ever, the power O from a tight formation.

But Andy's guys just win. They've been doing it forever.

JohnnyHammersticks
09-20-2020, 06:40 PM
I gotta tell you guys I was absolutely terrified when we had to go for it on 4th down in overtime.

And then we ran the most basic bitch play ever, the power O from a tight formation.

But Andy's guys just win. They've been doing it forever.

With Darwin Thompson of all people. I guess being able to do squats with a minivan comes in handy for that type of thing.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Although this is 500 lbs, when interviewing with Pro Football Focus before the draft, Darwin Thompson said he can actually squat 695 lbs and that was all the weight he could fit on the bar. <a href="https://twitter.com/DTRAINN5?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DTRAINN5</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF_Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/BDAQjmsqBV">pic.twitter.com/BDAQjmsqBV</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Media (@KansasCityMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/KansasCityMedia/status/1123647766658527232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 1, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TwistedChief
09-20-2020, 06:44 PM

I think the only reason it wasn't called was because it happened so quickly and the refs must've thought it just bounced off his head due to contact. Only explanation. Hill is cheetah-like in every way.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-20-2020, 06:45 PM

They really did, man.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 06:46 PM
God damn this is fun.

Mahomes is solidifying his legend before our very eyes.

You know that defense was like COME ON, WE GOT TA GIT DIS BOY'S BACK NOW.

Spott
09-20-2020, 06:50 PM
It’s truly amazing that we won this game. San Diego really outplayed us most of the game and was getting a ton of extra help from the refs. It felt like this game was their Super Bowl and I would imagine the Chargers are gonna be flat next week.

mlyonsd
09-20-2020, 06:51 PM
Someone at the Chargers forum posted some analytics that showed it was a push whether to go for it or not but the problem with the analytics is they don't take Mahomes and Butker into account.

I was stunned they didn't go for it. Did they really think Mahomes wouldn't be exactly at the same point as if they missed within 4-5 plays? Evidently...

Yeah the loss was on the HC today, not the players.

TwistedChief
09-20-2020, 06:55 PM
It’s truly amazing that we won this game. San Diego really outplayed us most of the game and was getting a ton of extra help from the refs. It felt like this game was their Super Bowl and I would imagine the Chargers are gonna be flat next week.

This reminded me of the Lions game from last season. We won in confusing and uncomfortable fashion and I felt like I never wanted to watch the highlights or talk about the experience ever again. It was like a typical experience in Vegas.

Rain Man
09-20-2020, 07:04 PM
This reminded me of the Lions game from last season. We won in confusing and uncomfortable fashion and I felt like I never wanted to watch the highlights or talk about the experience ever again. It was like a typical experience in Vegas.

It sounds like we should go to Vegas sometime. Or maybe we should never go to Vegas. But I'm pretty sure we should go.

Jethopper
09-20-2020, 07:06 PM
Anyone who watched this game and didn’t see that the refs were obviously trying to hand LA the win is simply a very naive person. I’ve seen it too many times against the Bolts and Raiders and it’s very easy to tell when it’s occurring.

They wanted the Chargers to celebrate a win in their opening game in the new stadium, plain and simple. You could almost see it on the faces of the Chiefs’ players. Something was off and they knew it, it happened to them 2 years ago against the Rams too.

Unfortunately for the league office, we’re just too ****ing good.

You are 100% correct

Chiefshrink
09-20-2020, 07:08 PM
4th down play against the Ravens has been the best so far with the Wasp play a close 2nd.

BlackOp
09-20-2020, 07:15 PM
Refs took off 4 points...two FS penalties on KC kicks. They also ignored a FS when LA converted a 4th and 1...which would have ended an eventual TD drive.

That's 11 points just from calling and "non-calling" three false starts at timely moments. This is how the NFL "massages" games...luckily Buttkicker defied them...

They had two "ticky-tack" holding calls when the Chiefs looked to be ending the game....again at crucial moments.

It was pretty obvious the NFL wanted the Chargers to win in their first game a SO-FI....

Raiders are opening their stadium tomorrow...something to keep an eye on.

TwistedChief
09-20-2020, 07:17 PM
Refs took off 4 points...two FS penalties on KC kicks. They also ignored a FS when LA converted a 4th and 1...which would have ended an eventual TD drive.

That's 11 points just from calling and "non-calling" three false starts at timely moments. This is how the NFL "massages" games...luckily Buttkicker defied them...

They had "ticky-tack" two holding calls when the Chiefs looked to be ending the game....again at crucial moments.

Raiders are opening their stadium tomorrow...something to keep an eye on.

ok

chiefforlife
09-20-2020, 07:26 PM
My take on the Tyreek play where he removed his helmet.

I believe he was out of bounds when he removed it, I watched it a couple times.
While true in real time it kind of seemed like it popped off but he did remove it himself but he was out of bounds at that time. Which means he was not on the field at the time so technically it was NOT a penalty. Correct?

BlackOp
09-20-2020, 07:27 PM
ok

You just dont want to trust your eyes...everyone in this thread noticed it.

If Buttkicker didn't hit 3 consecutive 50+ FGs in OT, ..this game could have easily gone LA's way. They definitely made it as difficult as possible...

Refs can "nudge" games by calling and ignoring...but players still have to make plays...unless you are the Tom Brady Pats...then they just hand you games.

Spott
09-20-2020, 07:28 PM

While true in real time it kind of seemed like it popped off but he did remove it himself but he was out of bounds at that time. Which means he was not on the field at the time so technically it was NOT a penalty. Correct?

He was out of bounds and had already scored, so the play had been over for a few seconds before he took it off.

TwistedChief
09-20-2020, 07:29 PM
You just dont want to trust your eyes...everyone in this thread noticed it.

If Buttkicker didn't hit 3 consecutive 50+ FGs in OT, ..this game could have easily gone LA's way.

I didn't follow that. Thank you for this insight.

Spott
09-20-2020, 07:30 PM
It sounds like we should go to Vegas sometime. Or maybe we should never go to Vegas. But I'm pretty sure we should go.

You should definitely go, although it’s a completely different scene there from what it used to be in the old days. Just don’t get married there.

St. Patty's Fire
09-20-2020, 07:35 PM
ok

Seeing people willfully believe these ridiculous conspiracies is so tiring

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 07:36 PM
At least one of those holding calls was ridiculous. I watched both of those replays multiple times and really couldn't see holding in either of them.

Eleazar
09-20-2020, 08:15 PM
This doesn’t even rate in the top ten wildest games of the Reid era

Rasputin
09-20-2020, 08:22 PM
After watching what we did in the playoffs and Super Bowl I was about as even keel as I've ever been watching Chiefs. I had no worries only cussed a couple times from missed calls but I never panicked. I enjoyed the game prep collectively. Nothing really surprising of that we won in nail biter fashion. I guess I was biting my fingernails lol.

Good game.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 08:41 PM
After watching what we did in the playoffs and Super Bowl I was about as even keel as I've ever been watching Chiefs.

I just laughed at the game thread all day.

People on here are fucking ridiculous.

I knew if it was close in the 4th, Mahomes gonna Mahomes.

It's sooooo much fun to have a literal god playing QB. :LOL:

eDave
09-20-2020, 08:44 PM
ok

I'm leaning in his direction this one time.

cooper barrett
09-20-2020, 08:52 PM
yes he did not have to work to get it off, it was most the way there. It came off easily with one hand.(it would have gone back off as easily.

I assumed his helmet had come loose and that's why he removed it? I was about 3/4 working and 1/4 watching the game at that point though so IDK

Bearcat
09-20-2020, 08:55 PM
I just laughed at the game thread all day.

People on here are fucking ridiculous.

I knew if it was close in the 4th, Mahomes gonna Mahomes.

It's sooooo much fun to have a literal god playing QB. :LOL:

Exactly.

After years and years.... and years.... and years.... of this mentality where every game really matters, because they just have to get in the playoffs and then anything can happen!!

.....they're a playoff team. They're a SB contender, as long as Mahomes is healthy. Period. Every. Single. Season.

Bad regular season game?

Who gives a fuck. They might still win anyway.

They're a playoff team and a SB contender.

Maybe get concerned if they've fucked around to the point of being like 8-6.... but the difference between being 2-0 or oh fuck, we partied too hard in LA and now we're 1-1..... pfft.

And I get it... people have to vent. And winning the Super Bowl started the apocalypse, so February feels like soooo long ago.... but, FFS.

It's September.

It's fine.

tk13
09-20-2020, 08:58 PM
After watching what we did in the playoffs and Super Bowl I was about as even keel as I've ever been watching Chiefs. I had no worries only cussed a couple times from missed calls but I never panicked. I enjoyed the game prep collectively. Nothing really surprising of that we won in nail biter fashion. I guess I was biting my fingernails lol.

Good game.

I don't know what else to compare it to as a sports fan. The only thing I can think of is when Wade Davis was closing for the Royals. Mahomes is obviously on his own level of greatness, but it feels like when Davis was coming in and you knew the game was over. There wasn't a doubt.

srvy
09-20-2020, 08:58 PM

Yep, I thought the same but never saw a highlight to confirm it.

mlyonsd
09-20-2020, 09:00 PM
Exactly.

After years and years.... and years.... and years.... of this mentality where every game really matters, because they just have to get in the playoffs and then anything can happen!!

.....they're a playoff team. They're a SB contender, as long as Mahomes is healthy. Period. Every. Single. Season.

Bad regular season game?

Who gives a ****. They might still win anyway.

They're a playoff team and a SB contender.

Maybe get concerned if they've ****ed around to the point of being like 8-6.... but the difference between being 2-0 or oh ****, we partied too hard in LA and now we're 1-1..... pfft.

And I get it... people have to vent. And winning the Super Bowl started the apocalypse, so February feels like soooo long ago.... but, FFS.

It's September.

It's fine.^

petegz28
09-20-2020, 09:07 PM
What about the no call on the obvious targeting play that knocks Watkins out of the game?

Or..

The PI against Reek in the 1st Q?
The false start on the Chargers on a 4th down conversion?
Or a couple late hits?
Or a missed face mask or two?

petegz28
09-20-2020, 09:09 PM
At least one of those holding calls was ridiculous. I watched both of those replays multiple times and really couldn't see holding in either of them.

In the game chat at the start of the drive in the 4th I said "as soon as we get into the red zone the Refs will call us for some kind of holding..."

I'll be damned if it didn't happen.

jerryaldini
09-20-2020, 09:10 PM
Still don't know what CP was looking at on those holds. Looked obvious to me. The first one sprang Mahomes for a first down so you have to call it. Second just unnecessary Wylie pulling defender down. Stupid play on his part.

Go to any message board and it's the same crap about refs having some nefarious agenda. Two years ago the refs were gonna get both LA teams to the SB. Now it's the new stadium. What's next?

ThyKingdomCome15
09-20-2020, 09:16 PM
Ravens game was better

I agree with that.

2bikemike
09-20-2020, 09:49 PM
The Chargers remind me of the State Farm commercial Chick trying to grab that dollar!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CEX6969X2jQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BlackOp
09-20-2020, 10:28 PM

There were 13 total holding calls in week one....Chiefs got two in the final two minutes of a go ahead drive.

All Dungy said during SNF halftime early game recap..."Mahomes overcame late penalties in regulation and overtime to win". That was it...specifically mentioned the penalties.

eDave
09-20-2020, 10:47 PM

There were 13 total holding calls in week one....Chiefs got two in the final two minutes of a go ahead drive.

All Dungy said during SNF halftime early game recap..."Mahomes overcame late penalties in regulation and overtime to win". That was it...specifically mentioned the penalties.

All of the announcers are in tune with the ref thing. It's a constant theme exhibited in a space only you and me can see.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 12:18 AM
3 58 yard field goals and a 53 yard field goal. All money.

Probably all good from 65yds too.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 12:23 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200921/1c015c7738b3dcf28a6be42008ca75d6.plist

scho63
09-21-2020, 04:00 AM

I kept wondering why he wasn't flagged. :hmmm:

Mahomes_Is_God
09-21-2020, 05:36 AM
Who gives a flying fuck if he took his helmet off. Dumbest rule ever. It's not like he was going all Myles Garret on somebody. That rule can eat my ass.