PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Let's talk about the Ravens

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

TLO
09-20-2020, 05:50 PM
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 05:51 PM
Hope Sammy can go.

We will beat their ass!!!!

comochiefsfan
09-20-2020, 05:51 PM
I’ll take one Mike Pennel for this one please.

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2020, 05:52 PM
They are very, very good.

Pointer19
I’ll take one Mike Pennel for this one please.

Can you see if they have any Frank Clark?

pugsnotdrugs19
Their defense is not on LA’s level IMHO — just saying

ThyKingdomCome15
09-20-2020, 05:53 PM
Glad Pennel is back. We need him baaaad.

smithandrew051

This. They have little pass rush and bad safeties.

dannybcaitlyn
Prime time game the guys will rise for it. Should get Pennel and maybe Ward back also. Gotta start fast and make Lamar play from behind.

Rasputin
09-20-2020, 05:54 PM
Showtime will come through in clutch performance but it's going be a hell of a battle.

eDave
09-20-2020, 05:55 PM
How did they look today. Looked closer to Houston than we did.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Our run defense is stinky. I think this is the year the Ravens beat us.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2020, 05:57 PM

Pennel will be back

HC_Chief
09-20-2020, 05:58 PM

Don't forget, the run d had issues last year until Pennel was brought in. The change was immediate and noticeable. WITH Pennel, this DL can both disrupt the pass and stuff the run.

lcarus
09-20-2020, 05:58 PM

I thought that last year though. Our run defense was just as bad last year. Plus we will have Pennel this time.

DRM08
09-20-2020, 05:59 PM
Pennel will be back

He won't magically fix all the other issues by himself. The linebackers are a major problem, not just against the run but in pass coverage as well.

Mahomes and KC offense will need to be a hell of a lot sharper next week. I think they need 40+ for a chance to win against this Ravens team.

JakeF
09-20-2020, 06:00 PM
If we play anywhere near like we played against the Chargers, Baltimore will kick our ass.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 06:03 PM
The win today felt a lot like the Detroit win last year.

Early season garbage. We’ll be fine.

scho63
09-20-2020, 06:03 PM
If we play anywhere near like we played against the Chargers, Baltimore will kick our ass.

This x 100 :(

JakeF
09-20-2020, 06:05 PM
Bosa and Ingram on the same team is a real problem for us. Especially since Andy refused to help our OT's with their blocks. Our guards got their shit pushed in too.

CervezaChill
09-20-2020, 06:06 PM

I wouldn't put much stock in that. The Baltimore defense, especially the pass rush, is not as good as the Bolts..but also I think Reid went overboard with hiding strats this week making them look worse than they really are. Next week they will really open up the playbook. I imagine CEH and Mahomes will control the clock and force Lamar to play from behind.

Simply Red
Pennel will be back

Tribal, I don't know how - but I guessed I missed it - what happened to Pennel and when?

Coochie liquor
The good part for us is we aren’t looking for revenge, or having the “game circled” like Baltimore has. Nothing but faith in this team!

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 06:08 PM
He won't magically fix all the other issues by himself. The linebackers are a major problem, not just against the run but in pass coverage as well.

Mahomes and KC offense will need to be a hell of a lot sharper next week. I think they need 40+ for a chance to win against this Ravens team.

They can’t play bad and beat Baltimore no but if we learned anything today it’s that what happened the week before means nothing. Everyone thought based on week 1 that KC would wipe the floor with LA — but it sure as heck didn’t go that route.

Hopefully KC learns from this, is better conditioned, and can come out playing great ball next Monday.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 06:09 PM
We will tear off their heads and shit down their necks.

Simply Red
09-20-2020, 06:09 PM
They can’t play bad and beat Baltimore no but if we learned anything today it’s that what happened the week before means nothing. Everyone thought based on week 1 that KC would wipe the floor with LA — but it sure as heck didn’t go that route.

Hopefully KC learns from this, is better conditioned, and can come out playing great ball next Monday.

and woo wee we need that extra day bud.

eDave
09-20-2020, 06:10 PM
I got no comment or take after today's game. All I got is Houston played them closer than they did us.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2020, 06:10 PM
We will tear off their heads and shit down their necks.

Lamar will shit himself

Simply Red
09-20-2020, 06:19 PM
Can someone please assist in post 22 inquiry. I am going to Google now...

Edit: Okay - Now I recall.

thabear04
09-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Ravens Tavon Young out for the season.

poolboy
09-20-2020, 06:24 PM
dont know if pennel can fix our tackling

Simply Red
09-20-2020, 06:30 PM

he will help bud.

HC_Chief
09-20-2020, 06:33 PM
Pennel won't magically fix everything, but he CAN ensure inside runs get stuffed early, forcing teams to bounce runs outside. That will give our shit LBs a bit more time to get into position to bounce off of runners, hopefully tripping them up or slowing them down enough to allow for gang tackles (i.e. hold them up so Clark, Jones, or Honey Badger can come flying in and lay a stick on them)

KC Hawks
09-20-2020, 06:33 PM
he will help bud.

Appreciate you saying this!

eDave
09-20-2020, 06:34 PM

he will help bud.

Wholesome.

staylor26
09-20-2020, 06:35 PM
We have 1 run stuffer in Nnadi who clearly isn’t 100% coming back from offseason surgery.

Of course getting Pennel back will be huge.

Skyy God
09-20-2020, 06:43 PM

GFY.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 06:45 PM
No update on Watkins yet

TwistedChief
09-20-2020, 06:51 PM
This is going to be a really difficult test. The Ravens are tough and we have tons of flaws. Mahomes can overcome them and I imagine Reid has a lot of stuff schemed up for this game in particular.

I think it's a touch less favorable than a coin flip for us. But whatever, it's a long season. And the game is entirely winnable.

frozenchief
09-20-2020, 06:56 PM
1. Our O Line better play better than today or its a long game

2. Our run defense better step up or we are in for a long game

3. Our tackling better improve or we are in for a long game

Is it just me or did Mahomes seem off with Hill and Kelce today? I know there was that 53 yard TD but several dropped passes or passes where they were not looking. DOn’t know who that’s on but it just seemed that they were off.

Baltimore will be a big test early in this season.

Coach
09-20-2020, 06:57 PM
No update on Watkins yet

I think it's safe to assume that he will not be playing this Sunday. That was a dirty hit (and that should had been a penalty).

RunKC
09-20-2020, 06:59 PM
I don’t know how we are going to stop their rush attack. Pennel will help but god help us with these LB’s.

Neimann is going to get bullied 5 yards down the field before he lays a hand on the ball carrier.

Watching that guy play on early downs actually makes me miss Reggie Ragland.

tk13
09-20-2020, 07:00 PM
You give and take. Obviously we'll have a lot to handle with Baltimore's running game. It's basically a 3 or 4 headed monster at this point.

On the flipside I don't think they have the Chargers pass rush. Chargers pass rush is legit. They terrorized Joe Burrow last week and today really gave Mahomes a challenge. It really disrupts an offense.

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 07:01 PM
It doesn't matter. They are fake news. Their QB is still a RB who pretends to throw. No such pretender to Mahomes' throne will ever usurp his power.

We will come into Baltimore, eat hearty, and leave with our bellies full of blackbird pie.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 07:03 PM
You give and take. Obviously we'll have a lot to handle with Baltimore's running game. It's basically a 3 or 4 headed monster at this point.

On the flipside I don't think they have the Chargers pass rush. Chargers pass rush is legit. They terrorized Joe Burrow last week and today really gave Mahomes a challenge. It really disrupts an offense.

Yep...

Our LBs are shit right now but they were last year too when we whooped Baltimore. And the year before that.

It’ll be competitive.

Chiefshrink
09-20-2020, 07:06 PM
It’ll be competitive.

And this is the beauty of having PM2 as our QB. It will always be competitive.:thumb:

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 07:18 PM
We have several things to clean up and we get Pennel back.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 07:19 PM
I think we’re used to obsessing about the flaws on our team, because we still aren’t used to having the greatest talent in the history of football playing QB for us.

Other teams have flaws, significant ones too. No other team has Mahomes to almost always mask those flaws though.

Teams have played really well against us on our bad days, yet no one has beaten Mahomes by more than 8. That means EVEN AT OUR WORST, we’re still just one break away from winning when Mahomes is our QB.

Baltimore absolutely has flaws. Their safeties are a couple of Jordan Lucas-type special teamers. They don’t get a ton of pressure typically. There’s no real game-wrecker in their front 7. Their QB has still not proven himself as a passer against a great defense or against a great team.

We have flaws too of course, but we also have Mahomes. We can play poorly and be in any game at the end. No other team in the league today (maybe ever really) can say that.

Tribal Warfare
09-20-2020, 07:28 PM
Other teams have flaws, significant ones too. No other team has Mahomes to almost always mask those flaws though.

Patrick went full Mahomes bro

Chieftain
09-20-2020, 07:31 PM
I think the Ravens game will be easier. Chargers have legitimately the best D in the league, even without James. Ravens D on the other hand is average. Their DL is weaker than ours and as already mentioned they are also weaker at the Safety position.
We should score at will against them.

TomBarndtsTwin
09-20-2020, 07:32 PM
They are healthy, we are not.

Will be out our top 2 corners again plus others from today.

Not saying we can’t win, but I’m predicting a loss at this point.

That said, IF we win next weeks game against Baltimore, we might go undefeated. (Assuming we can get fully healthy and get everyone back)

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 07:34 PM
They are healthy, we are not.

Will be out our top 2 corners again plus others from today.

Not saying we can’t win, but I’m predicting a loss at this point.

That said, IF we win next weeks game against Baltimore, we might go undefeated. (Assuming we can get fully healthy and get everyone back)

They lost a starting CB for the season today?

TomBarndtsTwin
09-20-2020, 07:37 PM

Hadn’t heard that. I stand corrected.

So both teams secondary will be flailing. May be a high scoring game. Unless Balt. decides to run it all game long. Will be rough either way. Good thing we’re getting Pennell back, that will help.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 07:38 PM
We have a lot of injuries, but no one overly impactful. Might cause some issues for the season as a whole, but we can get by for another week.

If Watkins is back, we have our whole group of offensive weapons. Our offense will decide this game. Come out strong and play with a lead. Do that, and we’ll be fine.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 07:38 PM
Tribal, I don't know how - but I guessed I missed it - what happened to Pennel and when?

Suspended for something in his urine.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 07:39 PM
Hadn’t heard that. I stand corrected.

So both teams secondary will be flailing. May be a high scoring game. Unless Balt. decides to run it all game long. Will be rough either way. Good thing we’re getting Pennell back, that will help.

They’re in a bad position at safety. Earl Thomas was supposed to be their best safety and he’s gone. That’s the same as losing him for the year to an injury.

Simply Red
09-20-2020, 07:41 PM

oh, you're welcome champ - thank you for seeing the value in that! <3

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 07:42 PM
Baltimore can’t get pressure with just 4 like the Chargers did, not consistently.

Should be more points scored on both sides.

Simply Red
getting Pennel back will help!

Chief Roundup

Tavon Young was starting over Marlon Humphries or Marcus Peters? He is their 4th CB behind those 2 and Jimmy Smith.

RJ
09-20-2020, 07:45 PM
Ravens lost Tavon Young for the season today. His replacements are a big drop in talent. Advantage Mahomes.

Coach
Baltimore can’t get pressure with just 4 like the Chargers did, not consistently.

Should be more points scored on both sides.

The problem I am having right now, even though supposedly Pennel will be back, it still does not address the LB issue.

Unless Spags realize that Ben Niemann is not the answer, I most certainly would not want Niemann spying against Lamar Jackson. That won't end well.

I also am hopeful that Clark is fine. I know it said illness, I just hope it isn't that same illness that made him lost weight during the beginning of the 2019 season (on top of that neck injury, if I recall).

Chief Northman
Be great to get Pennel back, but I never thought I’d miss Ragland - the Chiefs linebackers are complete ass. Missed tackles, blitzing right into bodies, bad pursuit angles - atrocious. That heavy run offense in Baltimore will be a handful unless the D line can keep the second level relatively clean.

Chris Jones was a huge disappointment today. He did not give a shit on most running downs, and was turning his back to O-linemen and easily getting washed. He got a couple pressures but then ends up taking a stupid penalty that luckily was not terribly costly. This guy needs to be an every down player because he sure as hell is paid like one. I’m pretty sure he’s going to get called out by Daley and Spags. Frank Clark sick? I guess it can happen, but it would be nice if this guy could get right for an entire campaign. Thornhill is nowhere near game shape yet, and Sorenson has struggled tackling. The Chiefs are going to need a Herculean effort to come out of Baltimore with a win next week.

Take the W and run. Hopefully the Chiefs get some bodies back from the injury list this week.

keg in kc
09-20-2020, 07:46 PM
We've had Baltimore's number for years. I don't see that changing this year.

RJ
09-20-2020, 07:46 PM
Tavon Young was starting over Marlon Humphries or Marcus Peters? He is their 4th CB behind those 2 and Jimmy Smith.

He was their slot corner.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 07:47 PM
The problem I am having right now, even though supposedly Pennel will be back, it still does not address the LB issue.

Unless Spags realize that Ben Niemann is not the answer, I most certainly would not want Niemann spying against Lamar Jackson. That won't end well.

I also am hopeful that Clark is fine. I know it said illness, I just hope it isn't that same illness that made him lost weight during the beginning of the 2019 season (on top of that neck injury, if I recall).

DOD is the spy LB. He will see more time against the Ravens.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 07:49 PM
The story today was more about the offense than the defense. Next week will be the same story.

If the offense plays well, we win.

Coach
09-20-2020, 07:50 PM
DOD is the spy LB. He will see more time against the Ravens.

Truthfully, at this point, I would rather roll the dice with DOD at this point forward, because Niemann's speed is a major liability. Worse, he can't even tackle.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 07:51 PM
Maybe they’re planning to use Gay more against Baltimore’s personnel? :shrug:

They can’t expect to contain Baltimore with the lack of athleticism currently at LB.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 07:58 PM
This will be the most hyped Chiefs regular season game since probably the Rams two years ago.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 08:01 PM
I just don’t see Mahomes shitting the bed in this situation on Monday Night Football against a pretty average defense.

Let’s see if that Baltimore offense can keep up with what we’re about to do. Andy knows how important this game is, especially with the new playoff format.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 08:04 PM
I just don’t see Mahomes shitting the bed in this situation on Monday Night Football against a pretty average defense.

Let’s see if that Baltimore offense can keep up with what we’re about to do. Andy knows how important this game is, especially with the new playoff format.

It’s very likely for the AFC HFA, barring too many significant injuries to either team moving ahead

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 08:07 PM
It’s very likely for the AFC HFA, barring too many significant injuries to either team moving ahead

I agree. Winning this game is basically a 2-game lead.

I don’t see another AFC team that is really going to challenge for it.

Maybe the Patriots? Maybe the Steelers? Those both feel like stretches right though.

DRM08
09-20-2020, 08:08 PM

Every game is important these days. That did not prevent KC from sleep-walking for 3 quarters today. They won’t be able to get away with that against Baltimore, New England, & Buffalo.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 08:09 PM
Entering the game as 3 point dogs. Disrespectful.

DRM08
09-20-2020, 08:11 PM

That line will probably move in Baltimore’s favor as we get closer to the game.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-20-2020, 08:15 PM
That line will probably move in Baltimore’s favor as we get closer to the game.

That’s what Vegas should want...

They don’t really have a true home field advantage with no fans, and idc what we saw today, until I see Lamar beat Mahomes, I’m not taking more than a point from them.

tredadda
09-20-2020, 08:16 PM
We can’t use this game as a gauge for how it will go against Baltimore. This team struggles against strong defensive lines. Take a look at the SB and today. Baltimore doesn’t have the D-Line to do what those two teams do. Plus we usually have one poorly played game a year. Also SD plays this team tough. If we can contain their running game I think we win relatively easily.

Halfcan
09-20-2020, 08:23 PM
Chiefs have won 11 straight now. They will lose eventually but it won't be against the Ravens.

Their defense can't hold us down for 4 quarters.

carcosa
09-20-2020, 08:25 PM
WE WILL LITERALLY KILL THEM DEAD!!!!!

carcosa
09-20-2020, 08:26 PM

I WILL BURN LAS VEGAS TO THE GROUND

mr. tegu
09-20-2020, 08:31 PM
They are front runners. Just need get off to a hot start and make them uncomfortable.

smithandrew051
09-20-2020, 08:32 PM
They are front runners. Just need get off to a hot start and make them uncomfortable.

Absolutely.

Mahomes would never throw the hissy fit that Jackson threw in that Titans playoff game last year.

Red Dawg
09-20-2020, 08:33 PM
Balt is a wrecking crew. We will need abig Hercules effort, great tackling and a superior game plan to win. A 50 50 game for sure.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 08:46 PM
We had them 30-13 going into the 4th quarter last season with a defense that isn't half what it is this season. And we're getting Pennel back, and maybe we're getting Ward back as well. Oh, and Ward was blind in that game.

carcosa
09-20-2020, 08:48 PM
Balt is a wrecking crew. We will need abig Hercules effort, great tackling and a superior game plan to win. A 50 50 game for sure.

abig Hercules effort

eDave
09-20-2020, 08:53 PM
We've apparently been preparing for them all week so we should be fine.

Halfcan
09-20-2020, 08:55 PM

:doh!:

OKchiefs
09-20-2020, 08:58 PM
Didn't watch the game, just the box score, but it doesn't really look like Jackson lit up Houston.

tk13
09-20-2020, 09:02 PM
Didn't watch the game, just the box score, but it doesn't really look like Jackson lit up Houston.

Not really, but that goes back to the 3 or 4 headed monster thing. Jackson didn't do anything crazy but they ran for 230 yards with Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards, plus Jackson.

duncan_idaho
09-20-2020, 09:06 PM
It’s going to be tough no doubt.

Need to get off to a much better start offensively. Baltimore’s DL is not good enough for the Ravens to rush four and succeed.

Watson found a lot of time to throw and deliver the ball downfield. CB and S depth is an issue for the Ravens.

KC can’t live with Ben Niemann on the field against the Ravens. Hopefully we see Gay at SLB and Wilson at WLB. They are much more effective vs the run with that alignment.

Pennel back should help too.

From Ravens tape, still doesn’t look like old Lamar is confident throwing the ball outside the hashes. If you can find a way to cover up The middle of the field I don’t think he can damage you as much with th pass.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 09:07 PM
I agree. Winning this game is basically a 2-game lead.

I don’t see another AFC team that is really going to challenge for it.

Maybe the Patriots? Maybe the Steelers? Those both feel like stretches right though.

Did you watch the Steelers today? They damn near lost to a Donko team that didn't have their starting QB after the opening drive of the game. The Donkos are missing several of their best players and they don't have many good ones.

The Patriots have looked like shit tonight versus the Seahawks. Newton has made a lot of stupid mistakes and they just don't have many play makers.

mr. tegu
09-20-2020, 09:21 PM
I’ve noticed that the Ravens are doing a lot of moving the pocket and designed rollouts for passing plays. Probably to limit how much of the field Jackson has to scan and also gets him into space to prevent rushing passes.

Chief Roundup
09-20-2020, 09:23 PM
We had them 30-13 going into the 4th quarter last season with a defense that isn't half what it is this season. And we're getting Pennel back, and maybe we're getting Ward back as well. Oh, and Ward was blind in that game.Haven't heard that Ward will be back next week. Link?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 09:24 PM
I’ve noticed that the Ravens are doing a lot of moving the pocket and designed rollouts for passing plays. Probably to limit how much of the field Jackson has to scan and also gets him into space to prevent rushing passes.

That's Greg Roman's offense to a "T."

DRM08
09-20-2020, 09:31 PM

That's Greg Roman's offense to a "T."

And it works extremely well given the talent on their roster. KC will need one hell of an improvement on both sides of the ball. Gonna be a tough game.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Haven't heard that Ward will be back next week. Link?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I haven't heard exactly when. But Andy said in his presser last week that Ward wanted to play right after he got injured, and that his return was going to be week to week. I took that to mean he could've played today. Or next week, or basically whenever he felt and good and the docs said he was okay to play.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 09:42 PM
And it works extremely well given the talent on their roster. KC will need one hell of an improvement on both sides of the ball. Gonna be a tough game.

Yeah, it's an offense designed to cut the field in half for QBs that aren't good at reading defenses. It's the same offense that Roman installed for Kaepernick because he couldn't read a defense either.

duncan_idaho
09-20-2020, 09:58 PM
Also worth mentioning the Ravens OL is not playing at the same level as last year. Yanda is gone, Stanley is dinged up.

I’m excited to see what tricks Reid and Spanuolo have been holding onto.

We haven’t seen much of Mecole Hardman or Willie Gay Jr.

In general, I’m worried about LB and tackling. They definitely miss Breeland’s physicality on the WR screen game. I’m sure that’s been noticed.

BlackOp
09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
You have to have a front 4 like the Chargers in order to limit Mahomes...KC has long developing plays. He was having to get the ball out quick...which kind of screws up how Reid designs this offense.

SF held him in check for most of the SB...and it was one of his worst games until half way through the 4th...kind of like today.

Ravens dont have that...they'll have to dedicate extra players to get pressure.

The Chargers...even before today...have given Mahomes some if his worst performances.

mnchiefsguy
09-20-2020, 10:12 PM
Chiefs will need to be better, no doubt.

But---Mahomes lives in Lamar's head. I think deep down he knows he can't beat him.

And, this game is their Super Bowl, they need this game a lot more than we do. They are in a tougher division--Pittsburgh appears to be back, and I believe if they lose they will take a major step back.

jjchieffan
09-20-2020, 10:19 PM
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday

How is that going to happen? In order for the Shitbirds to get to the AFCCG, they have to actually win a playoff game. So far, playoff defenses have been able to shut down their running back behind center by forcing him to complete passes outside the hashes, which he is unable to do with any consistency. They'll be one and done again, unless they get a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Then they'll still lose in the divisional round.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 10:24 PM
How is that going to happen? In order for the Shitbirds to get to the AFCCG, they have to actually win a playoff game. So far, playoff defenses have been able to shut down their running back behind center by forcing him to complete passes outside the hashes, which he is unable to do with any consistency. They'll be one and done again, unless they get a crappy team that backed into the playoffs. Then they'll still lose in the divisional round.

Sooner or later it probably will happen. Let's not forget that up until the Chiefs actually won the Super Bowl, people said the same exact things about the Chiefs and Mahomes. Which, as we all know now, was utter BS. The Ravens are a pretty good team and Lamar is a pretty good QB. And they will earn a playoff berth more often than not for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years or more. So it's just smarter to know right now that eventually they will win a playoff game and we probably will end up seeing them in the playoffs.

cdcox
09-20-2020, 10:36 PM
It’s early in the season. We have a lot of guys out. We haven’t gelled on either side of the ball. I would love to win, but this isn’t a high stakes game. We’ll be fine either way.

BlackOp
09-20-2020, 10:39 PM
Lets not forget that the Steelers should give them a fight this year...their defense looks good. They've got competition in their division this season.

Basileus777
09-20-2020, 10:40 PM
Well it is a high stakes game. Only one team gets a playoff bye and winning this gives you a big edge on your biggest competitor. Baltimore also has a much easier schedule than KC.

jjchieffan
09-20-2020, 10:42 PM
Sooner or later it probably will happen. Let's not forget that up until the Chiefs actually won the Super Bowl, people said the same exact things about the Chiefs and Mahomes. Which, as we all know now, was utter BS. The Ravens are a pretty good team and Lamar is a pretty good QB. And they will earn a playoff berth more often than not for the next 3 or 4 or 5 years or more. So it's just smarter to know right now that eventually they will win a playoff game and we probably will end up seeing them in the playoffs.

Until they win one, they are the Chiefs from 1994-2017. A team that looks fierce in the regular season, but can't get it done in the playoffs.

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 10:55 PM

They are giving up 11 points a game so far. They dont have the edge rushers but Campbell and Judon are pretty good players their corners are better than the Chargers.

If we play like we did the first half against the Chargers we will lose.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 12:13 AM
Until they win one, they are the Chiefs from 1994-2017. A team that looks fierce in the regular season, but can't get it done in the playoffs.

Which means they’ll beat us on MNF & lose in the first round of the playoffs.

That’s typical Marty Ball.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 12:15 AM
The win today felt a lot like the Detroit win last year.

Early season garbage. We’ll be fine.

They lost their next 2 games after that.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 12:16 AM
No update on Watkins yet

His bell is still ringing.

Molitoth
09-21-2020, 06:11 AM
Not confident in this one...

notorious
09-21-2020, 06:17 AM
Having to play opposite coasts on back-to-back weeks after an overtime game will normally result in an L.

This is a Reid team, though. They win a lot of games that go against common wisdom, and lose some that are baffling.

tredadda
09-21-2020, 06:22 AM
They are giving up 11 points a game so far. They dont have the edge rushers but Campbell and Judon are pretty good players their corners are better than the Chargers.

They have talent on defense no doubt, but is their D-Line good enough to pressure Mahomes without committing extra guys to do it? That’s what the Chargers were able to do as well as the Niners in the SB.

duncan_idaho
09-21-2020, 06:41 AM

KC needs to play a crisper 1st half, no doubt.

And as good as Humphrey and Peters are (extremely good, elite pairing), their third CB situation is much, much worse than the Chargers'.

With their slot CB blowing out his knee yesterday, the Ravens will be down to either playing a pretty bad player on the slot, or flipping Humphrey onto the slot and using Jimmy Smith at outside CB. Either option makes them worse overall at CB and worse at S, where Smith had been getting some reps.

It's a much, much different defensive matchup to face than the Chargers.

Judon is good. He's no Joey Bosa. Calais Campbell is good, but he isn't what he once was (and honestly I'm not sure he is better at this point than Jerry Tillery, who was the THIRD-BEST guy on the Chargers' DL yesterday).

It's an incredibly tough matchup, but I'm more concerned with slowing down the Ravens' running game (which seems impossible if Ben Niemann is on the field in base 43 sets) than with being able to move it offensively.

duncan_idaho
09-21-2020, 06:44 AM
They have talent on defense no doubt, but is their D-Line good enough to pressure Mahomes without committing extra guys to do it? That’s what the Chargers were able to do as well as the Niners in the SB.

Great question.

The Ravens' top 4 "front-line" defenders are:

Calais Campbell
Matthew Judon
Derek Wolfe
Brandon Williams

Calais likely would start, but he'd be the third-best guy, at best, for LAC, and with the way Tillery has come on and how good Linval Joseph is (An underrated addition by the Chargers), that's not a slam dunk anymore.

wazu
09-21-2020, 07:06 AM
The added importance this year of having the 1 seed makes this game feel like almost a playoff game in September.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-21-2020, 07:11 AM
Chiefs will be fine, until someone brings up 16-0 again.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 07:21 AM
Baltimore is probably going to have to move Marlon Humphrey to the slot based on everything I’ve read and that isn’t good cause then they’re going to have to provide their best cover corner help a lot as he will see plenty of Tyreek.

Man we need Watkins to get out there for this one but I’m not counting on it. He could roast Peters and run right through him with the ball in his hands. Of course, Hardman might just run away from him anyhow.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 07:27 AM
Great question.

The Ravens' top 4 "front-line" defenders are:

Calais Campbell
Matthew Judon
Derek Wolfe
Brandon Williams

Calais likely would start, but he'd be the third-best guy, at best, for LAC, and with the way Tillery has come on and how good Linval Joseph is (An underrated addition by the Chargers), that's not a slam dunk anymore.

It’s pretty scary what the Chargers showed yesterday. I was counting on Tillery being a bust after last year — apparently not.

Their rush is 2019 49ers-ish at this point.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 07:37 AM
The best way to negate their running game is for our offense to come out crisp and put points up early.

I welcome a shootout. Let’s see if a running game can match up with our passing offense in a high scoring game. I’m fine with this looking like the 2003 Colts vs Chiefs

siberian khatru
09-21-2020, 07:43 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After winning in Houston, Ravens won&#39;t have to play outside eastern time zone the rest of the regular season.<br><br>Ravens won&#39;t have to board another flight until Nov. 8 game at Indy.<br><br>Over next 6 weeks, Baltimore plays 3 home games, travels to Philly and Washington, and has a bye.</p>&mdash; Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) <a href="https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1308038557320310786?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DRM08
09-21-2020, 07:43 AM
The added importance this year of having the 1 seed makes this game feel like almost a playoff game in September.

Every game is important with the new playoff setup. Baltimore is a powerhouse with an easier schedule than KC. I don’t see the Ravens losing more than 2-3 games in the regular season.

Chiefs will need to be a lot sharper moving forward if they want to be the #1 seed. 3 of their next 4 games are against teams that are very capable of winning the conference. Gotta play a hell of a lot better than yesterday or it will be 3 quick losses.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 07:45 AM
Every game is important with the new playoff setup. Baltimore is a powerhouse with an easier schedule than KC. I don’t see the Ravens losing more than 2-3 games in the regular season.

Chiefs will need to be a lot sharper moving forward if they want to be the #1 seed. 3 of their next 4 games are against teams that are very capable of winning the conference. Gotta play a hell of a lot better than yesterday or it will be 3 quick losses.

You’re right on all points but I disagree on Buffalo.

The AFC is officially a three horse race IMHO. And New England really doesn’t have the weapons I doubt either.

That bye is critical...

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 07:59 AM
If the Chiefs beat Baltimore, they can probably finish 13-3 and still get the bye.

If the Chiefs lose to Baltimore, they probably have to win out to get the bye.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 08:09 AM
This is obviously the most likely loss on the schedule for us.

Cam Newton isn’t winning a shootout with Mahomes. Russell Wilson cooked their defense, and we have better weapons.

We just won the most difficult divisional game on our schedule. I’m assuming 6-0 in the Division.

Jets, Panthers, @ Dolphins, and Falcons should all be wins.

That leaves @ Buf, @ TB, and @ NO. We’re better than all 3. Significantly better at QB especially.

Win on Monday and I bet we go at least 13-3.

tredadda
09-21-2020, 08:27 AM
KC needs to play a crisper 1st half, no doubt.

And as good as Humphrey and Peters are (extremely good, elite pairing), their third CB situation is much, much worse than the Chargers'.

With their slot CB blowing out his knee yesterday, the Ravens will be down to either playing a pretty bad player on the slot, or flipping Humphrey onto the slot and using Jimmy Smith at outside CB. Either option makes them worse overall at CB and worse at S, where Smith had been getting some reps.

It's a much, much different defensive matchup to face than the Chargers.

Judon is good. He's no Joey Bosa. Calais Campbell is good, but he isn't what he once was (and honestly I'm not sure he is better at this point than Jerry Tillery, who was the THIRD-BEST guy on the Chargers' DL yesterday).

It's an incredibly tough matchup, but I'm more concerned with slowing down the Ravens' running game (which seems impossible if Ben Niemann is on the field in base 43 sets) than with being able to move it offensively.

That’s why it’s going to be critical for the Chiefs offense to start fast. Baltimore is night and day different when they are playing from behind vs playing with a lead.

wazu
09-21-2020, 08:28 AM
If the Chiefs beat Baltimore, they can probably finish 13-3 and still get the bye.

If the Chiefs lose to Baltimore, they probably have to win out to get the bye.

Pretty much how I see it. Baltimore's schedule is really soft. Maybe they lose one to Pittsburgh, and another to either the Patriots or Titans, but that's about it. No other winning teams on their schedule. Best guess is they'll either be 14-2 and own the tie-breaker with us, or be 13-3 and we own it.

Need a Reid masterpiece next Monday.

KCChiefsFan88
09-21-2020, 09:23 AM
Yes I know the whole comeback thing has worked well for the Chiefs going back to last season, but it would be nice to jump out to a fast start and seize control of the game early for a change.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:30 AM
There's almost zero chance Baltimore goes 14-2 again, even if they beat the Chiefs. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen in the modern NFL.

The Chargers defense is better than the Ravens at pretty much every level. Their front is much tougher than the Ravens.

If the Chiefs get up early, it looks like last year's game. If they start slow, it looks more like the game from 2 years ago.

KCChiefsFan88
09-21-2020, 09:36 AM
Hope Sammy can go.

We will beat their ass!!!!

This is encouraging from Sammy...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doing well we all know football is a physical sport and we all are playing pretty fast things happen pretty quickly just happy I came out healthy on the next we will not be denied..! Great team win..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SOLAR14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SOLAR14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1307865439507083264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 09:40 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doing well we all know football is a physical sport and we all are playing pretty fast things happen pretty quickly just happy I came out healthy on the next we will not be denied..! Great team win..! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LIMITLESS14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#LIMITLESS14</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SOLAR14?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SOLAR14</a></p>&mdash; King me (@sammywatkins) <a href="https://twitter.com/sammywatkins/status/1307865439507083264?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hell yeah!

O.city
09-21-2020, 09:41 AM
Ravens seem to have that "chip on their shoulder" kinda thing the Chiefs did last year.

Chiefs will have to play well or they'll get boat raced.

kayjay
09-21-2020, 09:41 AM
and woo wee we need that extra day bud.

i know we have a running back now. but we need to do what we do best. passing more to our reiever. look what happened with sd.we started to pass late in the game. reid cannt be so conservitive. do what we do the best pass.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:42 AM
i know we have a running back now. but we need to do what we do best. passing more to our reiever. look what happened with sd.we started to pass late in the game. reid cannt be so conservitive. do what we do the best pass.

Being conservative early is what opened up those passes. In case you didn't notice, the Chargers were getting pressure on nearly every down only rushing four. Going air raid against that is just asking for trouble.

wazu
09-21-2020, 09:43 AM

I was glad to see this as well, but the concussion protocol doesn't care about what a player thinks about their situation. He looked like he could barely walk yesterday after that hit. I'll be absolutely shocked if he's on the field next week.

duncan_idaho
09-21-2020, 09:45 AM
There's almost zero chance Baltimore goes 14-2 again, even if they beat the Chiefs. That kind of stuff just doesn't happen in the modern NFL.

The Chargers defense is better than the Ravens at pretty much every level. Their front is much tougher than the Ravens.

If the Chiefs get up early, it looks like last year's game. If they start slow, it looks more like the game from 2 years ago.

Yeah, better up front (significantly), better in the secondary (even without James), and better at LB.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 09:45 AM
Ravens seem to have that "chip on their shoulder" kinda thing the Chiefs did last year.

Harbaugh loves to run up scores and pad Lamars stats against inferior teams, he did the same shit last year.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 09:46 AM
I was glad to see this as well, but the concussion protocol doesn't care about what a player thinks about their situation. He looked like he could barely walk yesterday after that hit. I'll be absolutely shocked if he's on the field next week.

Reptilian Solar Beings heal more quickly than mere mortals though

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 09:46 AM

Lol no we won't. When is the last time we got "boat raced"?

RaidersOftheCellar
09-21-2020, 09:47 AM
I've read that the retirement of Yanda has noticeably weakened their O-line.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 09:48 AM

Yea it basically doesn't happen, we're at something like 47 games of winning or losing by 1 score.

htismaqe

Exactly.

This inferiority complex attached the Ravens is unbecoming of fans of the reigning Super Bowl champions!

smithandrew051

With Mahomes? Never.

In fact, every Mahomes loss has had at least one of the following:

-Slow start by the offense
-Turnovers at the worst times
-Key players injured (Fisher, Hill, Houston, etc)

If we lose, it’s always 8 or less.

RunKC
09-21-2020, 09:49 AM

Yeah the only thing that makes me nervous is our LB’s, especially against a run heavy team.

Chargers have a top 3 defense and Kenneth Murray’s addition along with Jerry Tillery’s ascension made them even better. They might actually be the best defense in the league this year, and as much as it sucks, it looks like Tillery is going to be really good like Chris Jones.

It’s scary how good that unit is considering Derwin James wasn’t playing.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 09:49 AM
Exactly.

This inferiority complex attached the Ravens is unbecoming of fans of the reigning Super Bowl champions!

I actually don't understand it, Baltimores defense is pretty average and their offense is completely predicated on playing from ahead, we're everything that gives them issues.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 09:51 AM
Sure seems like the Ravens are always thought to have an “elite defense”. Maybe people just remember the Ray Lewis-Ed Reed days.

Their defense was nothing special last year. And it’s nothing special this year.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 10:04 AM
If you’re Baltimore, you’re counting on someone like Peters to steal one at some point and create extra possessions.

But they aren’t just going to stop the Chiefs. No way, especially if Watkins is in fact healthy as this would be the first time Baltimore has played all of Kansas City’s weapons.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-21-2020, 10:06 AM
If the Ravens lose this one. The Lamar Express loses alot of steam

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 10:09 AM
This game would’ve had a crazy atmosphere if fans were allowed

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 10:11 AM
If you’re Baltimore, you’re counting on someone like Peters to steal one at some point and create extra possessions.

But they aren’t just going to stop the Chiefs. No way, especially if Watkins is in fact healthy as this would be the first time Baltimore has played all of Kansas City’s weapons.

KC could have blown them out last year. It was 30-13 at the end of 3 with Cam Erving and DRob starting.

BlackOp
09-21-2020, 11:03 AM
Chiefs played them in game 3 last season...when they were still learning Spagnuolo's system and Pennel wasn't on the team yet.

I think KC kind of slept on the Chargers...thinking Taylor was the starting QB. Pretty much everyone thought this was going to be a massacre.

They did not have much energy and kind of seemed disinterested...LA had this game penciled on their schedule. Chiefs are SB champs...they are going to get every team's undivided attention.

Their D-line dominated...even Schwartz played like shit.

Chiefs went from a well-oiled machine to bumbling in a week...it happens when a team thinks they are just going to roll an opponent. The officiating didn't help... Browns beat the Ravens last year...

Remember when the Kyle Orton led Chiefs beat Rodgers in his prime...Packers had a 19 game winning streak.

Earl Thomas is gone...

Chief Northman
09-21-2020, 11:06 AM
The Ravens hit Watson 13 times yesterday. Those saying they cannot generate pressure with only their front are crazy. No way this Ravens teams should be underestimated, and KC will have to improve a lot over the practice week in order to come out with a W. Hopefully the challenge the Chargers provided humbles them a bit and I pray there are PADDED practices this week....

Red Dawg
09-21-2020, 11:08 AM
This will be a very tough game. Hardest of Mahomes career.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:10 AM
Over half of the Ravens' pressures so far this season have come from LB's or DB's.

They can rush the passer but saying they're getting it done with just the front four like LA did yesterday just isn't true.

staylor26
09-21-2020, 11:13 AM
The Ravens hit Watson 13 times yesterday. Those saying they cannot generate pressure with only their front are crazy. No way this Ravens teams should be underestimated, and KC will have to improve a lot over the practice week in order to come out with a W. Hopefully the challenge the Chargers provided humbles them a bit and I pray there are PADDED practices this week....

Watson is also known to hold onto the football too long. It’s probably even worse without Hopkins out there.

Nobody is saying the Ravens can’t generate pressure, but they don’t have a pass rush like the Chargers/49ers (not even close really) and that is clearly what it takes to slow this offense down.

gold_and_red
09-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Chiefs have a bulls eye on their backs. Ravens need this game to prove that Lamar can win games that matter and not just stat pad against bad competition. They will be jacked. I hope that yesterday was a wake up call.
Starting fast with big plays will be "here we go again" for the Ravens and might cause them to play tighter.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Chiefs have a bulls eye on their backs. Ravens need this game to prove that Lamar can win games that matter and not just stat pad against bad competition. They will be jacked. I hope that yesterday was a wake up call.
Starting fast with big plays will be "here we go again" for the Ravens and might cause them to play tighter.

Sounds like the Ravens have a lot of pressure on them.

RunKC
09-21-2020, 11:26 AM
Watson is also known to hold onto the football too long. It’s probably even worse without Hopkins out there.

Nobody is saying the Ravens can’t generate pressure, but they don’t have a pass rush like the Chargers/49ers (not even close really) and that is clearly what it takes to slow this offense down.

Yup. This needs to be repeated: the Chargers only blitzed Mahomes twice yesterday. That was it. And one of those was the 21 yard run that Pat burned them with bc they over pursued.

Mahomes. Manning. Brady. Wilson. Doesn’t matter what great QB it is. It’s been proven again and again that in order to frustrate these guys you have to have a damn good front that only rushes 4 along with a good secondary.

Ravens don’t have that. I believe the Chargers and Redskins are the only teams that have that good of a pass rush up front.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:30 AM
Yup. This needs to be repeated: the Chargers only blitzed Mahomes twice yesterday. That was it. And one of those was the 21 yard run that Pat burned them with bc they over pursued.

Mahomes. Manning. Brady. Wilson. Doesn’t matter what great QB it is. It’s been proven again and again that in order to frustrate these guys you have to have a damn good front that only rushes 4 along with a good secondary.

Ravens don’t have that. I believe the Chargers and Redskins are the only teams that have that good of a pass rush up front.

What we saw yesterday was essentially the Super Bowl all over again. Like you said, there's only a couple of teams in all of football that can rush 4 like that

UChieffyBugger
09-21-2020, 11:40 AM
This will be a very tough game. Hardest of Mahomes career.

SAN FRAN in the sb were a bigger challenge imo. Much better d-line..a running game who have a ton of tricks/speed and were running over everyone...a defense ranked second..a stud TE and an established WR. Oh..and one of the best offensive minds in the game (plus his dad) had two weeks to prepare. Playing the Pats in 2018 was also tougher imo.

UChieffyBugger
09-21-2020, 11:44 AM
From what i saw of the Ravens game yesterday...Watson was picking them apart in the middle of the field..the tight ends had a LOT of joy. Who are they gonna put on Kelce? Clark or Queen? Cooks also got loose a few times in behind the secondary too.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-21-2020, 11:49 AM
Lamar is gonna run at will against this trash ass run defense

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:51 AM

Just like he did last year?

GTFO

UChieffyBugger
09-21-2020, 11:52 AM

They ran on our defense the last two years and guess what? They still lost.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:55 AM
They ran on our defense the last two years and guess what? They still lost.

Lamar didn't, though. Ingram and the backs had a great game last year against the Chiefs.

Last year's run defense was TRASH going into the game against the Ravens.

Lamar rushed 8 times for 46 yards. That 5.8 yards per carry mark was the FIFTH BEST against him all last year. That's right, he average 6ypc or more in 11 of 16 regular season games.

He's not going to run wild on the Chiefs, Spags will make sure of it. The questions is whether or not that can stop the backs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Lamar has gotten better as a passer from last year. We really need Pennel back and to make an impact.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 12:00 PM
Lamar has gotten better as a passer from last year. We really need Pennel back and to make an impact.

He's the same passer, limited field scanning, throwing over the middle and shitty outside.

MahomesMagic
09-21-2020, 12:02 PM
I really want to unleash Gay on the Ravens. Line him up to both run blitz/ go get Lamar.

If we don't get in the backfield quick its going to be a long day with our crap linebackers.

On offense we need to score early and often to put the pressure on. Ravens offense is not made to play from behind.

The Franchise
09-21-2020, 12:05 PM
I’m hoping Gay has a chance to play more this game but we’ll see.

Niemann is going to get abused because he can’t tackle.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 12:06 PM

Based on what exactly?

He threw well against two teams with awful secondaries that he also torched last year?

DRM08
09-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Hopefully KC offense can start much better in 1st quarter than we’ve seen in so many games lately.

chiefzilla1501
09-21-2020, 12:09 PM
We beat the ravens most of the time. We have the edge but I could see us losing this one and it doesn't bother me. They can't and won't beat us at full strength.

If our D gets their shit together and we don't get off to a quick enough start, we will win. I'm just not overly confident in our defense at this point in the season.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 12:12 PM
I’m hoping Gay has a chance to play more this game but we’ll see.

Niemann is going to get abused because he can’t tackle.

I’ve read some saying that Gay isn’t ready mentally, and that he looked to be thinking too much in his limited snaps yesterday.

Okay.... but the current LBs could think as fast as they want and it doesn’t matter cause they’re not athletic enough, and they don’t tackle all that well.

Kid needs to take some lumps IMO if that’s what it takes to get him out there.

BlackOp
09-21-2020, 12:14 PM
Hopefully KC offense can start much better in 1st quarter than we’ve seen in so many games lately.

Yep..get a lead, focus on stopping the run.

Make Lamar beat you with his arm...

If KC gets more than a one score lead...he'll start pressing.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 12:20 PM

We really can't be sure. Wilson had a similar issue after his collision with Herbert and he was back out there a few minutes later.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 12:23 PM
I've read that the retirement of Yanda has noticeably weakened their O-line.

He's been a big loss for them. The Texans and Browns were both able to apply a lot of pressure in their games against them.

We'll need our D line to show up for this one.

Mecca
09-21-2020, 12:32 PM
He's been a big loss for them. The Texans and Browns were both able to apply a lot of pressure in their games against them.

We'll need our D line to show up for this one.

I was encouraged by the play of Danna and Taco yesterday.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 12:50 PM
I’m just not that worried about our defense long term.

If we can start the season like 7-1 or 6-2 at worst, I think we’ll see them turn it on late like last year.

Getting Pennel, Saunders, Ward, and Breeland back will be huge. You have to think that Thornhill will start getting back in game shape at some point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Gay emerged in the second half as well.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-21-2020, 02:35 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Of all edge defenders with at least 10 pass rush attempts this season, <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> DE Taco Charlton ranks 1st out of 108 qualifying players with a 20.0 “Pass Rush Productivity” rating per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>. Taco recorded 3 total pressures against the Chargers in week 2.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/cOst6qLEhs">pic.twitter.com/cOst6qLEhs</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1308111026148311040?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Of all CBs who have played at least 80% of their teams defensive snaps, <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> rookie L’Jarius Sneed leads the league in INTs, ranks 2nd out of 46 in passer rating allowed with a 29.2 and 10th out of 46 in overall defensive grade with a 70.0 per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/pAXQuR5t3K">pic.twitter.com/pAXQuR5t3K</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1308107452106387456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Of all interior defensive lineman with 30+ snaps this season, <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Chiefs</a> DTs Derrick Nnadi ranks 9th out of 109 with a 78.9 overall defensive grade and rookie UDFA Tershawn Wharton ranks 14th out of 109 with a 74.5 overall defensive grade per <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@PFF</a>.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> | <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/btzSbexmgm">pic.twitter.com/btzSbexmgm</a></p>&mdash; Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArrowheadLive/status/1308104837079461888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus
09-21-2020, 03:07 PM
Pennel will be back from suspension for this game so our run defense should improve.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 04:23 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh confirmed Monday that nickelback Tavon Young will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308142585970675720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

staylor26
09-21-2020, 04:24 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ravens’ HC John Harbaugh confirmed Monday that nickelback Tavon Young will miss the remainder of the season with a torn ACL.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308142585970675720?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Now they will put Jimmy Smith at NB I’m assuming.

Hardman should be able to torch him once or twice.

Chieftain
09-21-2020, 04:24 PM
We need better play from Thornhill. He had a poor game yesterday. The TD pass that the Chargers scored on was his fault. Got beat on the play badly.
Hitchens has been attrocious thus far. Gay hasn't had a lot of snaps but his speed and athleticism is evident. Maybe he has not been able to read schemes that well which is what is limiting his play. Pennel will be a huge addition for sure. Hopefully we can get Ward back as well.

I am confident we win this game. It's Monday Night football and the team will be ready to roll. Ravens do not scare me at all. It's teams like the Chargers you have to pay attention to.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 05:02 PM
Now they will put Jimmy Smith at NB I’m assuming.

Hardman should be able to torch him once or twice.

They’re gonna move Humphrey to the slot and Smith back outside

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 05:07 PM
They’re gonna move Humphrey to the slot and Smith back outside

Yep. Hopefully Sammy can go because he can go right at Peters. Smith isn't what he used to be. It's going to be really interesting. It's definitely a good thing for the Chiefs.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 05:13 PM
We need better play from Thornhill. He had a poor game yesterday. The TD pass that the Chargers scored on was his fault. Got beat on the play badly.
Hitchens has been attrocious thus far. Gay hasn't had a lot of snaps but his speed and athleticism is evident. Maybe he has not been able to read schemes that well which is what is limiting his play. Pennel will be a huge addition for sure. Hopefully we can get Ward back as well.

I am confident we win this game. It's Monday Night football and the team will be ready to roll. Ravens do not scare me at all. It's teams like the Chargers you have to pay attention to.

The TD pass in the back corner of the end zone was a blown assignment by Fenton. They were in a 3 deep zone and he bit on the up man instead of staying deep.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-21-2020, 05:22 PM
Yep. Hopefully Sammy can go because he can go right at Peters. Smith isn't what he used to be. It's going to be really interesting. It's definitely a good thing for the Chiefs.

Peters can’t cover our best guys — all he can hope for is to steal one taking a chance on the football

dannybcaitlyn
09-21-2020, 05:54 PM

Thornhill is coming off a major injury that happened late in the season. I don’t see him being back to his normal self til late in the season or next year.

Chief Northman
09-21-2020, 05:59 PM

Gay played 6 snaps. Why do you think that is?
I refuse to make excuses for him - rookie or not. The Chiefs linebacker corps is a tire fire.
This is where Veach needs to immediately find upgrades.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-21-2020, 06:02 PM
Reasons Chiefs will win:

1. Pennel will stuff Jackson's ass up his ass.
2. Mahomes will pick on CB Averett. Again.
3. No homefield advantage for Balt.
4. Patty Cakes is their daddy.

Chieftain
09-21-2020, 06:13 PM
I refuse to make excuses for him - rookie or not. The Chiefs linebacker corps is a tire fire.

Next draft we need to select an OL, LB, CB with the first 3 picks. They can be in any order. We have to address the LB position. It's really bad at this point.

Red Dawg
09-21-2020, 06:50 PM

Most rookies are behind. No OTAs and no pre season games. Veach knows what he's doing.

MahiMike
09-21-2020, 06:52 PM
Well 2-1 is still a good start fellas.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 06:53 PM
Well 2-1 is still a good start fellas.

You better be talking about the Ravens, bitch.

DRM08
09-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Reasons Chiefs will win:

1. Pennel will stuff Jackson's ass up his ass.
2. Mahomes will pick on CB Averett. Again.
3. No homefield advantage for Balt.
4. Patty Cakes is their daddy.

There is home field advantage. KC just traveled to the west coast and now has to travel to the east coast. That is not easy in back to back weeks.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 06:57 PM
Next draft we need to select an OL, LB, CB with the first 3 picks. They can be in any order. We have to address the LB position. It's really bad at this point.

JFC, this shit again?

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 06:59 PM
JFC, this shit again?

The Chuefs will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Hitchens, Wilson, and Nieman playing linebacker

comochiefsfan
09-21-2020, 07:01 PM
We have Patrick Mahomes.

We win.

tyecopeland
09-21-2020, 07:12 PM

Do you ever have anything positive to say before a game?

tyecopeland
09-21-2020, 07:16 PM
The Chuefs will NEVER win a Super Bowl with Hitchens, Wilson, and Nieman playing linebacker

or with a scrub like damien Williams as the #1 rb. There's a reason he's never carried the ball for more than 500 yards in any of his 6 seasons.

Chiefspants
09-21-2020, 07:28 PM

Chiefs will never win a Super Bowl with Andy Reid.

Chieftain
09-21-2020, 07:34 PM
Niemann has the physical traits and plays good situational football but can't make that timely tackle. Wilson is solid though. He is easily our best LB.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 07:50 PM
Niemann does all the little things. He brings his hard hat and lunch pale every day. Not the most athletic, but the hardest worker on the team. He’s a real crafty player. He’s the first guy in the building and the last to leave.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:09 PM
We are going to lose big in the trenches against the Ravens and Steelers. Its like we are trying to play defense without any linebackers on the field. :(

Mahomes is our only hope.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 08:19 PM
We are going to lose big in the trenches against the Ravens and Steelers. Its like we are trying to play defense without any linebackers on the field. :(

I agree. We should cancel the season and disband the franchise before our team embarrassed itself any more than it already has.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 08:20 PM

We don't play the Steelers this season you fucking mongoloid.

smithandrew051
09-21-2020, 08:21 PM
We don't play the Steelers this season you fucking mongoloid.

But if we do, WE ARE FUCKED!!!!!!

staylor26

You’re literally fucking retarded.

Coach
Niemann does all the little things. He brings his hard hat and lunch pale every day. Not the most athletic, but the hardest worker on the team. He’s a real crafty player. He’s the first guy in the building and the last to leave.

Doesn't mean shit when you're athletically challenged.

He's a special teamer at best. Not a starting NFL LB.

duncan_idaho
09-21-2020, 08:23 PM

While the Steelers present some potential problems, I don’t know what you’re talking about with the Ravens.

Are you under the impression they have an elite font? Because they don’t. It’s solid, but not spectacular.

It certainly is not anywhere close to the Chargers’ level.

Coach

Do you even look at their 2020 schedule before you made this dumbass remark?

Jesus, something so basic and simple that a 8 year old can figure that part out.

We don't play the Squeelers during the regular season.

Dumbass.

Coochie liquor
Veach is a fucking God among mortals.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 08:25 PM
Is JakeF an actual mentally challenged person? I would feel bad if I was making fun of him in that case.

CanadianChiefs
09-21-2020, 08:27 PM
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CFa3brXhiqT/?igshid=1qtsq9uk1n673

Let’s get reek going

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 08:28 PM
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CFa3brXhiqT/?igshid=1qtsq9uk1n673

Let’s get reek going

You're in dire need of an avatar change

staylor26
09-21-2020, 08:29 PM
Not that it means much, but I find it interesting that Patrick Queen was in PFF’s bottom 5 rookies for the first two weeks.

Coochie liquor
09-21-2020, 08:31 PM

He lives in Canada. He probably hasn’t even heard that we won the SB yet.

CanadianChiefs
09-21-2020, 08:32 PM

Oh absolutely.

I just can’t bring myself to change it because it reminds me how far the chiefs have come in terms of realizing success. Keeps me humble lol.

CanadianChiefs
09-21-2020, 08:32 PM
He lives in Canada. He probably hasn’t even heard that we won the SB yet.

Ugh, another Bush supporter.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 08:33 PM
Not that it means much, but I find it interesting that Patrick Queen was in PFF’s bottom 5 rookies for the first two weeks.

Maybe they would trade him to us before the game!

Coach
09-21-2020, 08:33 PM
Is JakeF an actual mentally challenged person? I would feel bad if I was making fun of him in that case.

No, he's just a fucking idiot. I hear Tull's: "Thick as a brick" every time he post.

The worst part is that I'm not sure if its the remarkable parallelism between JakeF's disposition and the title or the song or just the fact that he comes across so fruity that I instantly think that he's just a fruity dumbass bastard.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:34 PM
While the Steelers present some potential problems, I don’t know what you’re talking about with the Ravens.

Are you under the impression they have an elite font? Because they don’t. It’s solid, but not spectacular.

It certainly is not anywhere close to the Chargers’ level.The Raven's offensive line is really good. Maybe the best in the NFL at run blocking.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:37 PM
Do you even look at their 2020 schedule before you made this dumbass remark?

Jesus, something so basic and simple that a 8 year old can figure that part out.

We don't play the Squeelers during the regular season.

Dumbass.You don't think we are going to face the Steelers in the playoffs?

Who isn't going to make the playoffs this year, Steelers or Chiefs?

I'm not sure why you felt the need to be a rude little fuck instead of just talking about stuff.

You didn't use to be like this, what the hell happened?

lcarus
09-21-2020, 08:37 PM

Playoffs is the only way we will play Pittsburgh this season. Don't worry about the defense. They will get healthy and start to gel as the season progresses. Just like last year. Yes the linebackers are the weakest part of the defense, but they'll get better. Fully healthy, with Clark, Jones, Nnadi, Pennel, Okafor, Saunders, Wharton, K-Pass, Charlton I think we have a better, deeper group of defensive linemen than most teams in the league.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:40 PM
No, he's just a fucking idiot. I hear Tull's: "Thick as a brick" every time he post.

The worst part is that I'm not sure if its the remarkable parallelism between JakeF's disposition and the title or the song or just the fact that he comes across so fruity that I instantly think that he's just a fruity dumbass bastard.You just can't handle anyone that doesn't fall to their knees and declare every play on the Chiefs to be the best in the world.

We don't know each other so i guess you just caught your wife fucking the postman so you are raging at everyone. Fucking dickhead.

UChieffyBugger
09-21-2020, 08:41 PM
The Raven's offensive line is really good. Maybe the best in the NFL at run blocking.

That's not what the Raven fans seem to think. Word is they are missing Marshall Yonda pretty bad and their replacement rookie is getting pushed around. Also they simply CANNOT rush just four guys when it comes to their D-Line...they just aren't getting home and as a result they have to blitz a ton and we all know how Pat does against the blitz. Watson had loads of time on Sunday.

Chieftain
09-21-2020, 08:42 PM
The Chiefs have an all time winning record at the old Oakland Colisseum. We should continue the winning tradition on November 22nd.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 08:42 PM
The Raven's offensive line is really good. Maybe the best in the NFL at run blocking.

Somebody hasn't watched any Ravens football this year.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:44 PM
Playoffs is the only way we will play Pittsburgh this season. Don't worry about the defense. They will get healthy and start to gel as the season progresses. Just like last year. Yes the linebackers are the weakest part of the defense, but they'll get better. Fully healthy, with Clark, Jones, Nnadi, Pennel, Okafor, Saunders, Wharton, K-Pass, Charlton I think we have a better, deeper group of defensive linemen than most teams in the league.We have to hope that Pennel and Saunders will change our run defense.

I had hoped our "Make a rookie QB look like a HOFer" days were over. :huh:

Coach
09-21-2020, 08:44 PM

Don't bother....

He thinks we're playing the Steelers in the 2020 season.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:47 PM
That's true. No preseason and 100+ rush yards in Game 1 has me mostly going off of last year's stats for them.

Coach
09-21-2020, 08:47 PM
You don't think we are going to face the Steelers in the playoffs?

Who isn't going to make the playoffs this year, Steelers or Chiefs?

I'm not sure why you felt the need to be a rude little fuck instead of just talking about stuff.

You didn't use to be like this, what the hell happened?

Maybe if you start actually watching football instead of spewing garbage stuff, then I'll lay off of you.

Problem is, you aren't. You're throwing up wild claims about situations. Like Andy's clock management. That wasn't an issue, yet you're making it an issue.

Then now it's the Steelers. We don't play the Steelers in the 2020 regular season.

And Baltimore isn't that good, especially their run blocking, which UChieffyBugger and htismaqe has pointed out correctly.

You want me to lay off of you? Then start making correct claims.

UChieffyBugger
09-21-2020, 08:48 PM

LOL Lamar Jackson got sacked FOUR TIMES on Sunday against the same rush our line man-handled easily :evil:

Coach
09-21-2020, 08:49 PM
You just can't handle anyone that doesn't fall to their knees and declare every play on the Chiefs to be the best in the world.

We don't know each other so i guess you just caught your wife fucking the postman so you are raging at everyone. Fucking dickhead.

No, I just can't handle anyone that spews unverified claims with nothing to back it up or very thin evidence to back it up.

Have a good day and enjoy getting smacked up by other CP members calling you out for your awful takes.

Peace.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 08:50 PM
LOL Lamar Jackson got sacked FOUR TIMES on Sunday against the same rush our line man-handled easily :evil:

And Lamar led them in rushing with 45 yards against Cleveland. Their RB's averaged a whopping 3ypc.

DelaWhere?
09-21-2020, 08:56 PM
Sure seems like the Ravens are always thought to have an “elite defense”. Maybe people just remember the Ray Lewis-Ed Reed days.

Their defense was nothing special last year. And it’s nothing special this year.

Ravens were a top 3 defense last year.

This year through the first two games, the Ravens lead the NFL in fewest points allowed (22), takeaways (five) and have allowed the third-lowest quarterback rating (76.8) to opposing quarterbacks. After racking up four sacks and 13 quarterback hits in Week 2.

Granted they did play the Browns Week 1.

Coach
09-21-2020, 08:59 PM

This year through the first two games, the Ravens lead the NFL in fewest points allowed (22), takeaways (five) and have allowed the third-lowest quarterback rating (76.8) to opposing quarterbacks. After racking up four sacks and 13 quarterback hits in Week 2.

Granted they did play the Browns Week 1.

Strong first opening post. I can get that point of view. But the Texans aren't that good either as they have O'Brien as their coach and outside of Watson, they really don't have much playmakers.

I mean, the Chiefs literally drugged them across the field in week 1 as well. The final score is misleading as it looks closer than it appears. It was 31-7 by the 4th quarter.

I would also caution that last year could be a little misleading because having the luxury of playing the awful Browns, Pittsburgh with no Big Ben, and the horrendous Bungels twice. Just something to ponder about.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Maybe if you start actually watching football instead of spewing garbage stuff, then I'll lay off of you.

Problem is, you aren't. You're throwing up wild claims about situations. Like Andy's clock management. That wasn't an issue, yet you're making it an issue.

Then now it's the Steelers. We don't play the Steelers in the 2020 regular season.

And Baltimore isn't that good, especially their run blocking, which UChieffyBugger and htismaqe has pointed out correctly.

You want me to lay off of you? Then start making correct claims.
Andy absolutely fucked up the clock against the chargers. At the very least he could have used a timeout so the Chargers couldn't run the clock down before the fieldgoal. He also didn't use a time out in our final drive until Mahomes did it for him. Reid clock management was saved by our HOF QB. If Alex Smith was still our QB we would have lost because of Andy's shitty clock management and everyone would have been raging again, like they we did before.

not really even though point though, isn't it.

The real point is your overwhelming urge to be a fucking prick instead of just talking about stuff.

We'll see how good the Raven's Oline is next week.

Having Pennel back will be a huge help, Saunders on IR. I don't know if Okafor or Ward will be back either.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:02 PM
Sweet Jesus you're a miserable fuck.

CasselGotPeedOn
09-21-2020, 09:02 PM
Andy absolutely ****ed up the clock against the chargers. At the very least he could have used a timeout so the Chargers couldn't run the clock down before the fieldgoal. He also didn't use a time out in our final drive until Mahomes did it for him. Reid clock management was saved by our HOF QB. If Alex Smith was still our QB we would have lost because of Andy's shitty clock management and everyone would have been raging again, like they we did before.

The real point is your overwhelming urge to be a ****ing prick instead of just talking about stuff.

Having Pennel back will be a huge help, Saunders on IR. I don't know if Okafor or Ward will be back either.

Jesus fucking christ

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 09:08 PM
Andy absolutely ****ed up the clock against the chargers. At the very least he could have used a timeout so the Chargers couldn't run the clock down before the fieldgoal. He also didn't use a time out in our final drive until Mahomes did it for him. Reid clock management was saved by our HOF QB. If Alex Smith was still our QB we would have lost because of Andy's shitty clock management and everyone would have been raging again, like they we did before.

The real point is your overwhelming urge to be a ****ing prick instead of just talking about stuff.

When did Andy supposedly screw up the clock? Because I don't recall at any time at the end of that game thinking "why isn't Andy calling a TO?" Not one time. And I'm usually the one screaming at the TV, "CALL TIME OUT, FFS!!! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?"

Also I had 3-4 Chiefs fans watching that game with me and not one of them said one word about cvalling a TO.

So I'm curious when that happened. Maybe I was in the head.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 09:08 PM

The Dolphins, Cardinals, Browns twice, Bengals twice, Rams, Bills, Steelers without Ben twice and the Jets all helped them achieve that #3 ranking.

Halfcan
09-21-2020, 09:09 PM

:doh!:

Halfcan
09-21-2020, 09:13 PM
Maybe the Chiefs can just forfeit the game against the POWERHOUSE RAVENS. They look unbeatable, even though Mahomes is undefeated against them. The sky is falling, Chiefs are only 2-0 so far this season. LOL!!

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:14 PM
Maybe the Chiefs can just forfeit the game against the POWERHOUSE RAVENS. They look unbeatable, even though Mahomes is undefeated against them. The sky is falling, Chiefs are only 2-0 so far this season. LOL!!

Exactly. The Ravens are unstoppable. Might as well not even show up.

lcarus
09-21-2020, 09:44 PM
We have to hope that Pennel and Saunders will change our run defense.

I had hoped our "Make a rookie QB look like a HOFer" days were over. :huh:

Well look at the bright side. We made the stops when we absolutely needed to and held them to only 20 points. Without our 2 starting outside CBs, our best pass rusher and our best run stuffing DT, against a QB they weren't prepared for, the results weren't all that bad.

Reerun_KC
09-21-2020, 09:46 PM

Ravens 25,000
Chiefs 17

Coach
09-21-2020, 09:52 PM
Ravens 25,000
Chiefs 17

Bet the farm on it.

Halfcan
09-21-2020, 09:54 PM

This seems to be the narrative. The haters cannot wait for Mahomes to lose so they can start up the Jackson is better bullshit.

The Chiefs have won 11 straight- including 6 straight when down by 10 points (an NFL record) and we are treated like the Jets going into Baltimore.

Chargers were fired up and given a lot of calls by the refs- and still lost. Somebody please give the Chargers a Blue ribbon for 3 quarter winners!

We heard all this same shit about the Unstoppable Ravens before our Home Opener last year- and we beat them soundly. Their defense can't stop us, and Lamar can't play from behind.