PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The O-line

KC Hawks
09-20-2020, 05:56 PM
Did they get wasted last night??? How many penalties did they have??? Oh well... MY FAVORITE TEAM WON!!

ThyKingdomCome15
09-20-2020, 05:58 PM
IDK what the hell happened. But I know they were getting a lot of Zebra assistance.

poolboy
09-20-2020, 06:00 PM
they were dogshit along with our tackling

St. Patty's Fire
09-20-2020, 06:00 PM
The o line was an absolute fucking tire fire today. That was the worst performance I’ve seen from the o line since the Colts game. The fact that Pat pulled this game out of his butt is nothing short of a Festivus miracle

O.city
09-20-2020, 06:01 PM
The chargers dl is probably top 3 or so in the league. It’s good.

Chiefs=Champions
09-20-2020, 06:02 PM
Played against a top 5 d line and some of those penalties were incredibly harsh calls. They'll be fine.

DJ's left nut
09-20-2020, 06:06 PM
The chargers dl is probably top 3 or so in the league. It’s good.

Explain getting butt-fucked with Bosa on the sidelines.

That unit needs to get its ass chewed all week. That performance was well beneath their talent level and wholly unacceptable.

Frankly, that can be said about the entire squad.

O.city
09-20-2020, 06:07 PM
Explain getting butt-****ed with Bosa on the sidelines.

That unit needs to get its ass chewed all week. That performance was well beneath their talent level and wholly unacceptable.

Frankly, that can be said about the entire squad.

For sure

Some of that is on Pat as well though not stepping up in the pocket

Easy 6
09-20-2020, 06:12 PM
Bad game across the board + extremely good front 4 = struggle

I wouldn't get too down about it, wbf

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2020, 06:16 PM
No offense guys, but none of you have any idea how bad the air quality is in Los Angeles, which is absolutely fucking awful.

It should come as no surprise that the Chiefs big guys would struggle because unlike the Chargers who have been practicing with shitty air quality, the Chiefs did not have enough time to acclimate.

I haven't been able to open my windows in nearly a month and I've gone through TWO air filters in the past 4 weeks.

ThyKingdomCome15
09-20-2020, 06:19 PM
No offense guys, but none of you have any idea how bad the air quality is in Los Angeles, which is absolutely ****ing awful.

It should come as no surprise that the Chiefs big guys would struggle because unlike the Chargers who have been practicing with shitty air quality, the Chiefs did not have enough time to acclimate.

I haven't been able to open my windows in nearly a month and I've gone through TWO air filters in the past 4 weeks.

Wow!!! Now that's some first hand insight. That really could've played a roll in it all.

I mean even Tyreek was winded. He's NEVER that tired. Especially when he didnt have a lot of work in the first half.

But I'll tell ya, that stadium being in the ground was a plus for just that reason.

RINGLEADER
09-20-2020, 06:21 PM
No offense guys, but none of you have any idea how bad the air quality is in Los Angeles, which is absolutely ****ing awful.

Didn't even think about this.

For the past week I wake up with what feel like piles of sand in my eyes and a layer of dirt painted on the inside of my lungs.

RINGLEADER
09-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Bad game across the board + extremely good front 4 = struggle

I wouldn't get too down about it, wbf

I'm actually glad they got away with the win and the lesson learned that they have to improve before going to Baltimore next week...

KCUnited
09-20-2020, 06:23 PM
Straight aids homie

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 06:24 PM
The OL has had very little practice time together.

This is to be expected.

Sassy Squatch
09-20-2020, 06:24 PM
Abysmal.

RunKC
09-20-2020, 06:29 PM
I thought Jerry Tillery was a very similar prospect to Chris Jones.

He sure as hell looked like Chris ever since the end of last season. Ingram, Bosa and Tillery has to be the most lethal pass rush in the league now that Buckner was traded to Indy.

DaneMcCloud
09-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Didn't even think about this.

For the past week I wake up with what feel like piles of sand in my eyes and a layer of dirt painted on the inside of my lungs.

Yeah, the air quality has been absolutely horrific. I haven't been able go outside for even a few minutes without my face, hair and clothes smelling like smoke.

I can't imagine how worn out the guys must have been by the 4th quarter. They must have felt as if they were running in quicksand.

JakeF
09-20-2020, 06:37 PM
The OL has had very little practice time together.

This is to be expected.
The other teams are in the same situation. In fact, we have had less turnover than most teams. We should be effected less than other teams.

We have only added 1 new offensive lineman: Osomele. The rest of the Oline is the same, just moved around a bit.

OT- Fisher, Swartz (same)
G - Osomele, Wylie (osomele new, wylie moved from LG to RG)
C - Reiter,Allegretti (same)

RB - switched from Damien Williams to CEH

The rest on offense is almost exactly the same, even the depth. No preseason etc doesn't really apply to us as much as other teams.

JakeF
09-20-2020, 06:39 PM
No offense guys, but none of you have any idea how bad the air quality is in Los Angeles, which is absolutely fucking awful.

Interesting

I have to wonder why i didn't see more players on oxygen along the sideline. It should have been mandatory if it was that big of a problem. I would think.

eDave
09-20-2020, 06:40 PM
Dane always brings the sickest shit.

srvy
09-20-2020, 06:55 PM
So smoke inhalation or offensive line just needs to gel together? Weren't they monitering air quality on whether to move the game? Seems NFL network was mentioning this all week. Maybe a reporter will ask about this. The O line every year seems to blow chunks for 4 to 5 games every year and this year will be no exception with the weird offseason.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 07:24 PM
Wow. We're really questioning the OL now? It's going to take at a minimum 4 weeks for them to gel properly. We're in week 2. Try to take a chill pill.

EPodolak
09-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Wildfire smoke, the only explanation for this day.

Edit: Heh...I see that was already mentioned.

Red Dawg
09-20-2020, 07:59 PM
they were dogshit along with our tackling

This times 20. Tackling was so effing bad.

displacedinMN
09-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Beg LDT to come back

Pitt Gorilla
09-20-2020, 08:10 PM
Allegretti tried to lose.

Bowser
09-20-2020, 08:10 PM
That was Mitchell Schwartz's worst game as a Chief, far and away.

srvy
09-20-2020, 08:33 PM

Yes easily, I hope he is not showing his age. Both our tackles had a rough day.

St. Patty's Fire
09-20-2020, 08:36 PM

He has looked a little off the first two games.

Wasn’t as noticeable against Houston but he wasn’t as much of a wall as he was last year.

Fish
09-20-2020, 08:41 PM
Yeah, OLine looked really off today. Even Osemele, who had an incredible game last week, was just off all night. Chargers have a tough front, but damn. They've gotta do better there.

Bowser
09-20-2020, 10:20 PM
That said, the Charger D-Line is really, really good. And they looked like they wanted it way more badly than we did the first three quarters, to be completely honest. Take the win and get the hell out of L.A.

JakeF
09-20-2020, 11:20 PM
That was Mitchell Schwartz's worst game as a Chief, far and away.They moved Bosa over to Schwartz's side instead of leaving him against Fisher. Schwartz didn't fair well against him.

KChiefs1
09-21-2020, 09:48 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most pressures allowed through W2:<br>1. Texans - 57<br>2. Giants - 56<br>3. Bengals - 52<br>4. Broncos - 46<br>5. Chiefs - 42 <a href="https://t.co/r8exlMxqSe">pic.twitter.com/r8exlMxqSe</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308066974199623680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably needs to be mentioned that all those teams are 0-2 while the Chiefs are 2-0. Mahomes doesn't care.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2020, 09:52 AM
Were 40 of those on Sunday?

Because the Texans didn't do much at all.

It's just incredible how bad they were yesterday. Across the board.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:57 AM

The Chiefs were leading the league in pressures and pressure percentage after week 1 I believe. I'll go look it up.

Why Not?
09-21-2020, 10:03 AM

Honestly, that’s really good insight.

RunKC
09-21-2020, 10:06 AM

Give them credit: Ingram and Bosa are an elite pass rush duo and Tillery has looked very good since the end of last season. That’s a damn good front.

The bigger surprise to me was the DL. I get Clark was sick, but the Chargers lost their starting C Pouncey and RT Bulaga and we still couldn’t get pressure?

That’s...well that’s just not good

TRR
09-21-2020, 10:15 AM

Schwartz’s first two games have been very rocky with the Chargers game being the worst of the two. I don’t know if he’s having trouble anticipating Mahomes drops, or Mahomes is going off script? Mitch is a tactical player first and foremost, likes to use leverage and angles. It hasn’t worked out for him in either game, granted he’s had really tough matchups the past two weeks.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Schwartz’s first two games have been very rocky with the Chargers game being the worst of the two. I don’t know if he’s having trouble anticipating Mahomes drops, or Mahomes is going off script? Mitch is a tactical player first and foremost, likes to use leverage and angles. It hasn’t worked out for him in either game, granted he’s had really tough matchups the past two weeks.

In the first half, Mahomes was doing a pretty poor job of stepping up. That will absolutely hurt a technician like Schwartz more than guys who rely on brute force to keep the pocket clean.

Schwartz will gladly let someone's momentum take 'em out of the play and just give 'em a little shove to help facilitate it, but if Mahomes won't step forward, Schwartz can't do that.

Now the interior line was pretty average as well yesterday so maybe Pat just lacked the confidence, but he clearly wasn't stepping forward in response to pressure from the edges.

Hoover
09-21-2020, 10:22 AM
What kind of pass rush do the Ravens have?

I was surprised at how effective Bosa was against Schwartz.

Time to draft some fatties!

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Give them credit: Ingram and Bosa are an elite pass rush duo and Tillery has looked very good since the end of last season. That’s a damn good front.

The bigger surprise to me was the DL. I get Clark was sick, but the Chargers lost their starting C Pouncey and RT Bulaga and we still couldn’t get pressure?

That’s...well that’s just not good

I'm writing this game off as an aberration.

Not only were the Chiefs not prepared for Justin Herbert, Frank Clark, Mike Pennel and Khalen Saunders were all unavailable, so the Chargers smartly attacked the Chiefs running defense. And with Ward unavailable in the secondary and Juan Thornhill clearly not 100%, it was impressive to hold the Chargers, in their new stadium debut, to only 20 points.

Herbert is a big, powerful guy with a great arm and sneaky mobility. There's no doubt that defending him will be a challenge in the coming years but I think the Chiefs will do much better when they have their full compliment of defensive starters available.

Lately, there have been several people here on CP that aren't happy with just a victory and somehow have conflated college football with NFL in terms of scoring, which is utterly asinine. NFL teams are so evenly talented that it usually comes down to one or two plays that make the difference in the outcome and there's absolutely no shame in beating a tough divisional rival by 3 points in their stadium.

I think some of the expectations here have become way out of whack. A win is a win.

Time to move on to Baltimore.

FloridaMan88
09-21-2020, 10:27 AM
The Chiefs offensive line had issues in the Houston game as well... especially Schwartz.

Funkstown
09-21-2020, 11:45 AM
Give the O Line some time, they get better with time.

Pitt Gorilla
09-21-2020, 11:49 AM

Not only were the Chiefs not prepared for Justin Herbert, Frank Clark, Mike Pennel and Khalen Saunders were all unavailable, so the Chargers smartly attacked the Chiefs running defense. And with Ward unavailable in the secondary and Juan Thornhill clearly not 100%, it was impressive to hold the Chargers, in their new stadium debut, to only 20 points.

Herbert is a big, powerful guy with a great arm and sneaky mobility. There's no doubt that defending him will be a challenge in the coming years but I think the Chiefs will do much better when they have their full compliment of defensive starters available.

Lately, there have been several people here on CP that aren't happy with just a victory and somehow have conflated college football with NFL in terms of scoring, which is utterly asinine. NFL teams are so evenly talented that it usually comes down to one or two plays that make the difference in the outcome and there's absolutely no shame in beating a tough divisional rival by 3 points in their stadium.

I think some of the expectations here have become way out of whack. A win is a win.

Time to move on to Baltimore.That was my exact point yesterday. The Chief held the Chargers to 20 points, and Chief Fan was whining about the defense the entire game. Yes, our linebackers suck. No, holding the Chargers to 20 isn't bad at all.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:50 AM

Time to move on to Baltimore.

No Breeland either. We're starting a bunch of green DB's back there. Snead had another really good game for a guy that has just been thrown into the deep end to sink or swim.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 11:50 AM
That was my exact point yesterday. The Chief held the Chargers to 20 points, and Chief Fan was whining about the defense the entire game. Yes, our linebackers suck. No, holding the Chargers to 20 isn't bad at all.

Yup.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 12:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most pressures allowed through W2:<br>1. Texans - 57<br>2. Giants - 56<br>3. Bengals - 52<br>4. Broncos - 46<br>5. Chiefs - 42 <a href="https://t.co/r8exlMxqSe">pic.twitter.com/r8exlMxqSe</a></p>&mdash; PFF (@PFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1308066974199623680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 21, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Probably needs to be mentioned that all those teams are 0-2 while the Chiefs are 2-0. Mahomes doesn't care.

And Mahomes has only been sacked twice, going for over 500 yards, 5 TDs and 0 INTs in the process.

He's a machine.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 12:41 PM
That was my exact point yesterday. The Chief held the Chargers to 20 points, and Chief Fan was whining about the defense the entire game. Yes, our linebackers suck. No, holding the Chargers to 20 isn't bad at all.

I think the bigger issue is how they looked. It was very Sutton-esque.

We know that level of defense will not work against the best teams in the league when it matters most, even if we have Patrick Mahomes. So seeing that performance probably opened up some old wounds.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 12:43 PM

We know that level of defense will not work against the best teams in the league when it matters most, even if we have Patrick Mahomes. So seeing that performance probably opened up some old wounds.

Expectations are WAY too high, IMO.

Holding a divisional opponent to 20 points or less, on the road, is fantastic, especially when the defense is missing 4 starters.

Had the offense been more efficient, I doubt many people would be complaining about the final score.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 12:44 PM

Holding a divisional opponent to 20 points or less, on the road, is fantastic, especially when the defense is missing 4 starters.

Had the offense been more efficient, I doubt many people would be complaining about the final score.

Yep.

This defense looks just like it did last year. And that defense went out and beat the Ravens fairly handily.

They're going to be fine.

lcarus
09-21-2020, 12:48 PM

It felt like the Colts and Texans games that we lost last year sort of. I'm not as concerned though. We had Pennel, Okafor, Ward and Breeland out. And Clark was out a big chunk of the game as well.

DJ's left nut
09-21-2020, 12:50 PM

That's always the case though. As a fanbase we just got so used to winning games 17-13 when defense was easier (and what our squad was built around) that it's still kinda in our DNA.

This goes all the way back to the Smith days. Really going back to like 2016 we'd have games where we'd lose to the Bucs or Texans and give up like 19 points and my buddy would always be like "damn defense just CANNOT give up that score in the 4th...."

And I'd just be like "hey man - the Defense gave the offense about 7 shots to actually get something done and win that game..."

But there was no convincing him.

I can remember one time where I really think the D directly murdered the offense's chance to compete - the Titans playoff game. They were so ineffective and so interminably slow in dying that it wrecked any offensive rhythm we had and made any single possession entirely too overpowered.

But typically if you can keep a team below 24 points in today's NFL, you've held serve. It doesn't mean you've been incredible, but you've not been awful. And with this offense, 24 should really be the target mark for the D. Keep the other guys below that and you'll win 80% of the time.

On Sunday the Chiefs D was battered and ugly, but they did that.

Hard to hang much on 'em really. Especially when they held LAC to 3 points in the 2nd half/OT.

They did their job, IMO.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 12:52 PM

I would agree. Our Super Bowl run has me in a totally different mindset these days.

Seeing that many missed tackles is suuuuper frustrating though.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 01:04 PM
Seeing that many missed tackles is suuuuper frustrating though.

It's happening all over the league due to the lack of offseason activities and no preseason games.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 01:11 PM
They did their job, IMO.

Considering they were without their best run stopper in Pennel, without Khalen Saunders, without Frank Clark and without Charvarious Ward, I think their defensive performance was an A-.

Comparing yesterday performance to Sutton's 2018 defense is ridiculous. Those guys couldn't stop anyone when they had their full compliment of starters, let alone when missing four key players.

Out of the 15 games played this week, the only Road teams that held their opposition to 20 points or less were Chiefs, Rams, Ravens and 49ers, all of whom won their respective games.

The Giants allowed the Bears to score 19 points in a loss.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 01:22 PM
Comparing yesterday performance to Sutton's 2018 defense is ridiculous. Those guys couldn't stop anyone when they had their full compliment of starters, let alone when missing four key players.

That's not true. Sutton's defense was pretty good for a lot of his time here. We had a top 10 scoring defense pretty much throughout his tenure and even held the Steelers to 18 and Titans to 24 in the postseason.

We say we were missing players but so were the Chargers and their injuries were arguably more significant.

They just had the misfortune of going against a GOAT QB leading a GOAT offense. They still did a pretty good job. Meanwhile, we were going against an OL down two starters and a rookie QB. I think people expected to dominate given the circumstances.

bobhill
09-21-2020, 01:22 PM
When does M. Rankin get back? Put him in at right guard put Willey back in at back up

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 01:25 PM
That's not true. Sutton's defense was pretty good for a lot of his time here. We had a top 10 scoring defense pretty much throughout his tenure and even held the Steelers to 18 and Titans to 24 in the postseason.

We say we were missing players but so were the Chargers and their injuries were arguably more significant.

They just had the misfortune of going against a GOAT QB leading a GOAT offense. They still did a pretty good job. Meanwhile, we were going against an OL down two starters and a rookie QB. I think people expected to dominate given the circumstances.

He was talking specifically about 2018.

The 2014 Sutton defense was one of the best in Chiefs history.

ThaVirus
09-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Oops, I see now. I glossed right over that.

My b, Dane.

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 03:45 PM
The OL didn't play all that well yesterday, but that was against one of the premier pass-rushing fronts in the NFL, with two of the best pass-rushers in football. Let's also keep in mind that we have two guys at guard trying to mesh with our other OL starters, and as we saw last season, that might take a few weeks for them to really gel.

Also, the air quality really can make a difference in how an athlete performs. Not only can it effect one's physical performance, but it can have an effect on your mental performance as well. It can make you pretty foggy-minded, give you a headache, etc. as well as make it hard to breathe or catch your breath. That may have been a factor as well.

Anyway, the Ravens don't have a pass rush like that, and I think the Chiefs OL will play better against the Ravens.

Rasputin
09-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Wylie has ACME shoes.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 07:09 PM
I been saying all along that we need to upgrade our Oline and people just got pissed because i DARED to question Veach and Andy about their lineup.

Without Pennel and Saunders, Chris Jones showed his shitty run defense again too.

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 07:17 PM
I been saying all along that we need to upgrade our Oline and people just got pissed because i DARED to question Veach and Andy about their lineup.

Without Pennel and Saunders, Chris Jones showed his shitty run defense again too.

The OL isn't playing up to their level of the last quarter of 2019, and has a couple new pieces that need to gel, but there's no reason at all not to think that they'll be back to that level in a couple three weeks.

Chris does this weird "I'm going to turn sideways to the line as I rush" thing that really hurts his ability to recognize what's going on in the backfield. He needs to stay square to the line and give that shit up. But there's no reason to think he can't be good defending the run. He made some special plays in the playoffs last year against both the Titans and the 49ers.

OKchiefs
09-21-2020, 07:18 PM

Well we kind of tried, unfortunately the rookie decided he wasn't in to it this year. Hard to really count on him for next year IMO.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 07:33 PM
The OL isn't playing up to their level of the last quarter of 2019, and has a couple new pieces that need to gel, but there's no reason at all not to think that they'll be back to that level in a couple three weeks.

Chris does this weird "I'm going to turn sideways to the line as I rush" thing that really hurts his ability to recognize what's going on in the backfield. He needs to stay square to the line and give that shit up. But there's no reason to think he can't be good defending the run. He made some special plays in the playoffs last year against both the Titans and the 49ers.
Fair take.

I still don't think that Wylie and Reiter are good enough though.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 07:37 PM
Well we kind of tried, unfortunately the rookie decided he wasn't in to it this year. Hard to really count on him for next year IMO.
True, LDT also bailed because he rather be a doctor.

If we had LDT and Niang we would probably be better off.

Washington had Trent Williams sitting there though. We trade for Williams to upgrade LT. Trade Fisher for a quality guard. We end upgrading both positions.

Our offensive line gets a big upgrade and we can stop worrying about the health of our HOF Quarterback.

:shrug:

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 07:43 PM
Fair take.

I still don't think that Wylie and Reiter are good enough though.

Are they ideal? Maybe not. Can they probably do the job well enough for this offense to win another SB? Yeah, probably they are. They don't have to be All-World OLs, just good enough to win at their jobs consistently. As much as I've bagged on Reiter and Wylie, they are pretty good at pass pro. Not great at run-blocking, but good enough most of the time. I actually think they'll show better next Monday than they did yesterday.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 07:48 PM
Are they ideal? Maybe not. Can they probably do the job well enough for this offense to win another SB? Yeah, probably they are. They don't have to be All-World OLs, just good enough to win at their jobs consistently. As much as I've bagged on Reiter and Wylie, they are pretty good at pass pro. Not great at run-blocking, but good enough most of the time. I actually think they'll show better next Monday than they did yesterday.
Wylie and his back-to-back penalties that almost fucked us. Reiter would make a perfect backup center. Hindsight is 20/20, we should have kept Hudson. We have been struggling at center ever since. Morse was decent but couldn't stay healthy.

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Wylie and his back-to-back penalties that almost ****ed us. Reiter would make a perfect backup center. Hindsight is 20/20, we should have kept Hudson. We have been struggling at center ever since. Morse was decent but couldn't stay healthy.

The two holding calls on Wylie were textbook "ticky-tack" calls. I was shocked either one was called.

JakeF
09-21-2020, 08:13 PM
The two holding calls on Wylie were textbook "ticky-tack" calls. I was shocked either one was called.Those are the type of calls that go against a player that is struggling. The refs see the player hanging on by a thread and then gives the other guy the benefit of the doubt. Some players know how to cheat without getting a penalty called.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 08:40 PM
Niang opted out because he was likely to go on IR. He wasn't going to play this year. :rolleyes:

Megatron96
09-21-2020, 08:50 PM
Those are the type of calls that go against a player that is struggling. The refs see the player hanging on by a thread and then gives the other guy the benefit of the doubt. Some players know how to cheat without getting a penalty called.

His hands were within the framework of the shoulders. Unless it looked pretty egregious from another angle, it didn't look like holding to me. Not at the NFL level.

DaneMcCloud
09-21-2020, 09:00 PM
Niang opted out because he was likely to go on IR. He wasn't going to play this year. :rolleyes:

And let's be honest: He's a third round Big 12 guy that was being asked to move to a different position, so there's no guarantee that he'd even be ready to contribute in 2020.

Add to that, there's a better than 50% chance that he'll wash out completely.

htismaqe
09-21-2020, 09:01 PM
And let's be honest: He's a third round Big 12 guy that was being asked to move to a different position, so there's no guarantee that he'd even be ready to contribute in 2020.

Add to that, there's a better than 50% chance that he'll wash out completely.

Exactly. Long history of penciling in long shots to be starters.

This is CP.

scho63
09-22-2020, 04:07 AM
We need Shields, Grunhard, Waters, Szott and Alt

TEX
09-22-2020, 07:24 AM
The two holding calls on Wylie were textbook "ticky-tack" calls. I was shocked either one was called.

I was more shocked by the first one. The second one I could understand, only because they called the first one. Bith were very bush league. :shake:

Chris Meck
09-22-2020, 07:55 AM
Chiefs came out a little flat. Maybe it was the shitty air quality, maybe they're thinking about the Ravens a little early. Who knows?
Playing KC is the Super Bowl for a team like the Chargers. You're going to get EVERYONE'S best shot.
Chargers' d-line is no joke. That's as good a front as exists in football, and a solid defense at every level. Once Pat and the boys woke up, they couldn't stop us. We've seen that before.
Some really questionable penalties contributed mightily to the game going to overtime, and within OT. I don't want to get all conspiracy-theory on anybody, but I think it's human nature to root for David against Goliath a little bit.

I'm not really worried about the O-line at this point. Osemele is a massive improvement. I still think Reiter and Wylie are average at best. You can't have All-Pro's everywhere.

I'm more concerned about the defensive injury report. We played 4 rookies the majority of snaps and that's worrying. I think overall the young-uns did okay, but they certainly took some lumps.

I also think Herbert played better than I expected him to ever play in the NFL. If I'm a Chargers fan, I'm feeling pretty good about the future.

Delano
09-22-2020, 08:29 AM
Chiefs came out a little flat. Maybe it was the shitty air quality, maybe they're thinking about the Ravens a little early. Who knows?
Playing KC is the Super Bowl for a team like the Chargers. You're going to get EVERYONE'S best shot.
Chargers' d-line is no joke. That's as good a front as exists in football, and a solid defense at every level. Once Pat and the boys woke up, they couldn't stop us. We've seen that before.
Some really questionable penalties contributed mightily to the game going to overtime, and within OT. I don't want to get all conspiracy-theory on anybody, but I think it's human nature to root for David against Goliath a little bit.

I'm not really worried about the O-line at this point. Osemele is a massive improvement. I still think Reiter and Wylie are average at best. You can't have All-Pro's everywhere.

I'm more concerned about the defensive injury report. We played 4 rookies the majority of snaps and that's worrying. I think overall the young-uns did okay, but they certainly took some lumps.

I also think Herbert played better than I expected him to ever play in the NFL. If I'm a Chargers fan, I'm feeling pretty good about the future.

Good to see some level-headed takes on the offensive line. If we had a high price line like jakef advocates for, we wouldn’t have the skill players that we resigned. Wylie and Reiter are super bowl caliber starters and I feel like that’s pretty good.

The young d backs getting playing time is going to look great when wars and Bree land are back. If sneed continues to improve, all of a sudden you have three good corners and Matthieu and Fenton can hold down the slot and middle of the field. Thornhill is also a bit rusty on the back end.