PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CEH speed

ljmhawk
09-20-2020, 08:43 PM
anyone else think he looks a little slow? maybe it’s just me but doesn’t seem like he’s hitting the holes fast when they are there.

Red Dawg
09-20-2020, 08:48 PM
He's not fast. He's crafty and can catch.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 08:49 PM
He's at least as fast as Dalvin Cook on paper. Faster than Kareem Hunt. I think we can live with that. He's just a young rookie. Time and reps will make the difference.

eDave
09-20-2020, 08:50 PM
It's not the speed, yet it's the speed. Know what I mean? Like, he doesn't really have the speed yet he does. Ya dig?

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 08:56 PM
His speed is fine the line was getting its ass kicked for whatever reason some of you cant seem to grasp this. When your lone gets caved things will be out of sync it's like the guy who was yelling at Reid for not going down field. For alot of the game Mahomes didnt have time to.

lewdog
09-20-2020, 09:01 PM
His speed is fine.

This game is so much faster than college. He was too slow finding the hole today against a better defense. He’s got to hit the hole quicker in this league. I see it improving and him being fine.

Deberg_1990
09-20-2020, 09:03 PM
Chargers D line is legit.

mlyonsd
09-20-2020, 09:05 PM
He's better when he gets the ball with 2 yards of open space. If he needs 1 yard he'll learn that.

eDave
09-20-2020, 09:08 PM
His speed is in his footwork.

KCJake
09-20-2020, 09:24 PM
It's not the speed, yet it's the speed. Know what I mean? Like, he doesn't really have the speed yet he does. Ya dig?

Wtf??

Demonpenz
09-20-2020, 09:48 PM
he is not fast

Hammock Parties
09-20-2020, 09:59 PM
After watching Priest Holmes obliterate everyone despite running 4.7 you'd think Chiefs fans would learn about being stupid about RB speed.

eDave
09-20-2020, 10:03 PM
Wtf??

Speed is an exponential, somewhat transcendental, thing that doesn't always conform to terrestrial definitions, human created time constructs, and limitations.

Jewish Rabbi
09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
CUT HIS ASS!!!

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 10:09 PM
The problem, if there is one, isn't how fast he is. JFC, Damien supposedly was good for 4.4xx in his 40 time, and this time last year he ran for a whopping 1.6 yards/carry.

The problem, as usual, is about the OL run blocking, CEH's vision and reading his blocks. Last week everyone was pulling each other's puds because CEH was averaging 10 yards/carry, but in his second start he only averaged 4 or so yards/carry. Well, good God Almighty, let's spontaneously give birth to half a dozen kittens right now. "CEH is too slow!"

Dipsticks.

Fish
09-20-2020, 10:10 PM
LOL, calm down. Our offensive line was a clown party today. The Chargers did a really good job applying pressure. He's a rookie coming off a huge game already. He made some clutch catches. We'll be fine...

Jewish Rabbi
09-20-2020, 10:11 PM
LOL, calm down. Our offensive line was a clown party today. The Chargers did a really good job applying pressure. He's a rookie coming off a huge game already. He made some clutch catches. We'll be fine...

FUCK THAT NO TIME FOR CALM CUT HIS ASS AND GET CJ SPILLER ON THE PHONE!!!

eDave
09-20-2020, 10:13 PM
What dif does .03, or whatever, make with foot speed and skills like his?

Demonpenz
09-20-2020, 10:23 PM
man fucking there were some holes but he I guessing was Larping Donnell Bennet today

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 10:49 PM
Linval Joseph was a low key good signing and one of the best run stuffers. Bosa and Ingraham on the edges are a hell of a pair too. No shame in what happened today good defenses are going to take things away. Props to Andy and Mahomes for finding that soft spot I believe it was the right side of the Chargers defense in the passing game.

The cover 4 historically has given Mahomes some fits. This game seemed like a copy of laat years Detriot game without the lucky 99 yard fumble return for a TD but much like that game Mahomes got it done with his legs.

RealSNR
09-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Did you fucking see him drag defenders around all day just to get an extra 1-2 yards? He'd break one tackle but then three more dudes would be there to greet him. There were several plays where he performed miracles of balance and strength just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

What do some of you expect him to do, exactly? Go all Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl on people?

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 10:57 PM
Did you ****ing see him drag defenders around all day just to get an extra 1-2 yards? He'd break one tackle but then three more dudes would be there to greet him. There were several plays where he performed miracles of balance and strength just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

What do some of you expect him to do, exactly? Go all Bo Jackson Tecmo Bowl on people?

His longest run was only 17 yards. Hes slow bro and Reid is an idiot for not calling plays down field. Mahomes could have bounced of that fierce rush and flung it 50 yards. Idk what Reid was thinking.

ljmhawk
09-20-2020, 11:00 PM
Did you ****ing see him drag defenders around all day just to get an extra 1-2 yards? He'd break one tackle but then three more dudes would be there to greet him. There were several plays where he performed miracles of balance and strength just to get back to the line of scrimmage.

easy there....to me it just looks like he’s not very fast straight line at all. i like him but he just doesn’t like very quick to me north/south

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 11:03 PM
easy there....to me it just looks like he’s not very fast straight line at all. i like him but he just doesn’t like very quick to me north/south

But he ran for 138 against the Texans including one play where he outran their defense for a touchdown. Yeah hes not Jamaal Charles but hes also not Dontrelle Savage. What were you expecting here?

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 11:06 PM
His longest run was only 17 yards. Hes slow bro and Reid is an idiot for not calling plays down field. Mahomes could have bounced of that fierce rush and flung it 50 yards. Idk what Reid was thinking.

:facepalm:

Probably he was thinking "I can't call big pass plays down field because my OL will only hold up for about 2.5 seconds."

Just guessing.

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 11:06 PM
I looked up Kareem Hunts 40 which Clyde kinda reminds me of in terms of power.

Clyde ran a 4.61 Kareem was a 4.62

OP I just think you have totally false expectations as to what Clyde is as a player.

Titty Meat
09-20-2020, 11:07 PM
:facepalm:

Probably he was thinking "I can't call big pass plays down field because my OL will only hold up for about 2.5 seconds."

Just guessing.

Yes. My post was sarcastic.

Megatron96
09-20-2020, 11:52 PM
Yes. My post was sarcastic.

Yeah, I figured that out awhile ago. I've been drinking. Sue me.

BWillie
09-21-2020, 12:02 AM
anyone else think he looks a little slow? maybe it’s just me but doesn’t seem like he’s hitting the holes fast when they are there.

Thats because he's not good because hes fast, hes good because his vision and how his cuts actually set up blocks. Hes thinking three and four steps ahead. Doesn't always work out but a guy like Damien Williams has horrible vision but very above avg speed. Sure you want both but id go with the guy who has vision and a creative running attack over speed.

Titty Meat
09-21-2020, 12:35 AM
Yeah, I figured that out awhile ago. I've been drinking. Sue me.

Cheers!

JakeF
09-21-2020, 01:07 AM
He's more quick than fast. He has a run against the Chargers that could have gone the distance. He will do fine when the interior of our Oline isn't so weak.

TwistedChief
09-21-2020, 02:44 AM
Yeah, we need a speedster like Knile Davis back there.

ljmhawk
09-21-2020, 05:44 AM
Thats because he's not good because hes fast, hes good because his vision and how his cuts actually set up blocks. Hes thinking three and four steps ahead. Doesn't always work out but a guy like Damien Williams has horrible vision but very above avg speed. Sure you want both but id go with the guy who has vision and a creative running attack over speed.

his vision was pretty sad yesterday. there were a couple runs where he had a hole but opted to not hit it instead going east/west.

TEX
09-21-2020, 07:23 AM
He's more quick than fast. He has a run against the Chargers that could have gone the distance. He will do fine when the interior of our Oline isn't so weak.

Yep.