PDA

View Full Version : Football Contenders or Pretenders?

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 05:26 PM
The Cardinals, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, and Titans are each 2-0.

Eleven teams also started 2-0 in 2008, 2006, and 1998. (In 1998, the league had only 30 teams.)

With only four of the 2-0 teams facing other 2-0 teams this weekend (Rams at Bills and Chiefs at Ravens), there could be as many as nine 2-0 teams after Week Three.

Found this tidbit over on NBCSports, and just thought it might be fun to expound a little here.

So to get right to it, which of these "undefeated" teams are for real and which are just smoke and mirrors?

Or to be more succinct, which of these teams do you think make it to the post-season?

cripple creek
09-22-2020, 05:35 PM
raiders = pretenders( no offense to crissy hynde)

Skyy God
09-22-2020, 05:38 PM
Chiefs - Contender

Your Bitch Ass - Pretender

tyecopeland
09-22-2020, 05:40 PM
I think there's a good chance all the afc 2-0 teams make the playoffs but I'll say the raiders won't.

Nfc, bears aren't making it. The cardinals have a good shot with all the niners injuries. I'll say the rams won't make it either.

Easy 6
09-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Chiefs - Contender

Megatron > you

Red Dawg
09-22-2020, 05:46 PM
Bears, Titans, Cards and Faid. None of will be div champs.

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Chiefs - Contender

Hahaha, something I said get your tampon in a twist? Good to know, hun.

loochy
09-22-2020, 05:48 PM
Cards, bears, raiders, rams, titans are pretenders

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Bears, Titans, Cards and Faid. None of will be div champs.

Bears? That's interesting. You think they can get past both the Vikes and the Packers in the North?

backinblack
09-22-2020, 05:56 PM
I like the way the Raiders looked last night(well after the first quarter), but there's still a lot to address before they are contenders.

JD10367
09-22-2020, 05:56 PM
Too early. Bills barely beat the Fins. Patriots barely lost to the Seahawks. Are the Raiders for real or are the Saints paper tigers? The Titans beat the Broncos and Jaguars by a combined 5 points. Let’s revisit this in a few weeks.

loochy
09-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Bears? That's interesting. You think they can get past both the Vikes and the Packers in the North?

He's saying the bears are pretenders

backinblack
09-22-2020, 05:59 PM
the Vikings are ass, Bears could definitely finish ahead of them in the NFCN.

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 05:59 PM
He's saying the bears are pretenders

Ah thx. Misread that. My bad.

Why Not?
09-22-2020, 06:01 PM
You guys are nuts if you don’t think the Cards get a WC spot which makes them a contender on principle. Bears and Faid are pretenders.

FloridaMan88
09-22-2020, 06:03 PM
Bills barely beat the Fins. Patriots barely lost to the Seahawks.

And the Faketriots barely beat the Dolphins in week one.

It was a 3 point game into the fourth quarter.

htismaqe
09-22-2020, 06:05 PM
The Titans are absolutely pretenders.

They caught lightning in a bottle last year. They won't be able to beat good teams the way they are playing now.

htismaqe
09-22-2020, 06:06 PM
Too early. Bills barely beat the Fins. Patriots barely lost to the Seahawks. Are the Raiders for real or are the Saints paper tigers? The Titans beat the Broncos and Jaguars by a combined 5 points. Let’s revisit this in a few weeks.

The Saints are WET paper tigers. They're terrible.

Baby Lee
09-22-2020, 06:07 PM
The Titans are absolutely pretenders.

They caught lightning in a bottle last year. They won't be able to beat good teams the way they are playing now.

Jobbers to the Stars!!

Easy 6
09-22-2020, 06:08 PM
Something about the Cardinals just feels kinda right

Like I was telling a work buddy yesterday while listening to Dan Patrick, I didnt have much faith in Kingsbury coming to the NFL

College guys running supposedly gimmicky offenses tend not to last... ask Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier etc, particularly when that guy has the ultimate stud making his krazy schemes look good, like Kliff

But beating the NFC champs week one, then drubbing some scrubs by half has changed my somewhat changed my tune... give that krazy college coach a speedier Mahomes knockoff, a top 5 receiver, and a very solid but unheralded back along with a HOF possession guy and suddenly your schemes tend to work

Its only two games, but they look poised for a major turnaround... like a Dicky V with the Rams type resurgence

Got my eye on' em for sure

Deberg_1990
09-22-2020, 06:10 PM
Something about the Cardinals just feels kinda right

Like I was telling a work buddy yesterday while listening to Dan Patrick, I didnt have much faith in Kingsbury coming to the NFL

College guys running supposedly gimmicky offenses tend not to last... ask Chip Kelly, Steve Spurrier etc, particularly when that guy has the ultimate stud making his krazy schemes look good, like Kliff

But beating the NFC champs week one, then drubbing some scrubs by half has changed my somewhat changed my tune... give that krazy college coach a speedier Mahomes knockoff, a top 5 receiver, and a very solid but unheralded back along with a HOF possession guy and suddenly your schemes tend to work

Its only two games, but they look poised for a major turnaround... like a Dicky V with the Rams type resurgence

Got my eye on' em for sure

They are definitely this years surprise team. With the Niners falling off due to injury, they will rise for sure.

FloridaMan88
09-22-2020, 06:12 PM
Chicago is the worst 2-0 team in recent memory.

They are lucky their first two opponents... Detoilet and the Giants are trash.

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 06:12 PM
The Cardinals, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, and Titans

I haven't really spent any time looking at any of these teams yet, so I'm just going off what I've seen on ESPN's highlights.

But I think as of right now I like the Cards to get in, maybe even win the NFC-W. I believe the Ravens get in. The Packers will win the North. Chiefs, obviously. Seahawks will get in.

Then it gets harder.

I think the Bills could get in, but I still think their QB is way too raw to do anything in the post-season. Heck, without that defense they wouldn't be in the conversation at all, IMO. That D erases a lot of that guy's bone-headed mistakes.

I think the Bears are smoke and mirrors.

I think the Raiders are trending in the right direction and might even take second in the AFC-W. Whether that gets them in or not remains to be seen.

I think the Rams are a good team, but I don't know how they get past the 49ers, Cards, and Seahawks this year. That division is stacked. Right now I have them fourth over there, so they don't make it.

Steelers have that defense and Big Ben might be making a legit comeback. But they have to play the Ravens yet. Call it a coinflip for now.

I'm going way out on a limb and say that the Titans win the South. That's a bad division and any of those teams could win it by default, but the Titans have that running game, and possibly the best defense of the division.

St. Patty's Fire
09-22-2020, 06:18 PM
The Chiefs, Ravens, and Seahawks are in a separate class from the rest of the league.

I’d consider the Packers, Titans, Steelers, and Rams solid contenders. Cardinals and Bills aren’t necessarily “pretenders” but I’m not sold on the Cards being ready yet, and as for the Bills I just don’t completely trust Josh Allen. (Should clarify I see these teams having really good records, def 10+ wins each, but I don’t think they’ll go deep or win their division)

The Bears are the team that sticks out like a sore thumb. That isn’t a particularly good team at all. I’d be surprised if they even end up in a playoff spot.

I’d say the Raiders are in between the Cards/Bills and Bears. They’re not a completely undeserved 2-0 like the Bears, but they’re not nearly as good as the teams in the contender group, that’s for sure.

tk13
09-22-2020, 06:30 PM
Cardinals beat the Niners before half their team got hurt, so that's pretty legit. Murray is looking great and having Hopkins helps a ton. Not sure if they're a top contender but they definitely don't look like a pretender to me.

I think of that group it's the Chiefs, Ravens, Packers and Rams for right now. Seahawks are going to be in the mix just because Russell Wilson is playing out of his mind. I think the Bills have their most talented team in a long while, but I think they're going to have to beat New England before people really take them seriously.

BigRedChief
09-22-2020, 06:32 PM
Chiefs - Contender

Megatron > you

Hahaha, something I said get your tampon in a twist? Good to know, hun.

This is a DC thing, isn’t it?

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 06:35 PM

Honestly, I have no idea. I recognize the handle, but i couldn't tell you where or in what thread the animosity started. On his side, anyway. I could care less. I like his handle. "Cave Johnson" has a cool ring to it. But I have no idea why he's got his panties in a bunch.

It's okay though, it's just online nonsense anyway.

Hydrae
09-22-2020, 07:02 PM
Honestly, I have no idea. I recognize the handle, but i couldn't tell you where or in what thread the animosity started. On his side, anyway. I could care less. I like his handle. "Cave Johnson" has a cool ring to it. But I have no idea why he's got his panties in a bunch.

I was going to make a comment about Portal being where that name comes from but I have now learned that there is another Cave Johnson we should celebrate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cave_Johnson

During his tenure as United States Postmaster General he shifted the department from a collect on delivery postage delivery system to a prepaid postal delivery system by introducing the postage stamp in 1847.

Ming the Merciless
09-22-2020, 07:03 PM
Other teams are pretending they aren't about to get raped by our 15 incher

Easy 6
09-22-2020, 07:04 PM

As far as I can tell, pretty much... you should ask Cave for confirmation

MahiMike
09-22-2020, 07:05 PM
Raiders and bills have a shot at the wildcard. They still won't win their division. Same for the bears.

TinyEvel
09-22-2020, 09:49 PM
(excerpt from NBC Sports) With only four of the 2-0 teams facing other 2-0 teams this weekend (Rams at Bills and Chiefs at Ravens), there could be as many as nine 2-0 teams after Week Three.

Found this tidbit over on NBCSports, and just thought it might be fun to expound a little here.

So to get right to it, which of these "undefeated" teams are for real and which are just smoke and mirrors?

Or to be more succinct, which of these teams do you think make it to the post-season?

Pretty positive there will be zero 2-0 teams after week three.

Discuss Thrower
09-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Still too early to say definitively thanks to this fucked up shortened season. But if you had to, it's Chiefs & Ravens in the red conference; Packers and Rain City Bitch Pigeons in the blue.

htismaqe
09-22-2020, 10:01 PM

:bravo:

Mahomes_Is_God
09-22-2020, 10:06 PM
The Bears have a shot at the playoffs. Both the Vikings and Lions look like total shit.

Megatron96
09-22-2020, 10:07 PM

Good catch. Though this time that's all on NBCSports. I copy/pasted that sentence directly from them. Not my bad this time.

TinyEvel
09-22-2020, 10:33 PM
Good catch. Though this time that's all on NBCSports. I copy/pasted that sentence directly from them. Not my bad this time.

i know, should have pointed that out but when you quote a post with an excerpt like that it only quotes the text from the poster. Weird.

Ya good.

Coochie liquor
09-23-2020, 04:11 AM
My team, Super Bowl contender
Other teams, better just surrender
My team, about to run it back
Other teams, Biden says ain’t black
My team, Super Bowl champs
Other teams, better wear their brown pants
My team, has the best QB
Other teams, home watching Cuties
My team, faster than a jet
Other teams, can’t get a woman wet
My team has the very best players, my coach makes moves like chess players
Other teams better say their prayers, your defense when we’re done gonna need repairs!

Stryker
09-23-2020, 06:35 AM
Cardinals - playoffs
Bills - playoffs
Ravens - AFC championship bound
Bears - no chance
Packers - playoffs
Chiefs - AFC championship bound
Raiders - no chance
Rams - playoffs
Seahawks - playoffs
Steelers - playoffs
Titans - playoffs

my .02

MahomesMagic
09-23-2020, 06:50 AM
Bills are pretenders. They played a Jets team trying to get its coach fired and a Dolphins team that is scrappy but still rebuilding.

Josh Allen is a one-read QB that has played atrocious secondaries. Their struggles start this week.

CupidStunt
09-23-2020, 07:04 AM
Well this is easy.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben = legit

Lamar, Kyler = we'll see

Allen, Trubisky, Carr, Goff = frauds

MahomesMagic
09-23-2020, 07:11 AM
Well this is easy.

Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben = legit

Lamar, Kyler = we'll see

Allen, Trubisky, Carr, Goff = frauds

Kyler Murray is legit.

CoMoChief
09-23-2020, 07:29 AM
The Cardinals, Bills, Ravens, Bears, Packers, Chiefs, Raiders, Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, and Titans are each 2-0.

Cards...dunno. They play in the toughest division in NFL. Probably the toughest of all the teams listed above to judge.

Bills. Postseason. Patriots aren't the team/dynasty they once were, and Bills have a good enough team to not only beat NE, but to beat up on the rest of that shitty ass division.

Ravens. Postseason. Other than KC, they're the 2nd best team in the AFC.

Bears. Pretenders. They've squirmed their way to 2 wins. Trubisky isn't a good QB and the WC will come from the NFCW or NFCS.

Packers. Postseason. Right now they look like the 2nd best team in the NFC, and their division is crap.

Chiefs. Postseason. Best team in the AFC until someone knocks them off.

Raiders. Postseason. Another tough one. At best they'll snag the last WC spot in AFC. They could always go full Raider-tard mode too.

Rams Postseason. Last WC spot. NFCW hard to predict because all teams could very well be postseason contenders. 49ers are all banged up and it's not even wk3.

Seahawks Postseason. My prediction of the NFC reps in this SB. They're playing really well right now, esp on offense.

Steelers Postseason. Other than BAL, this is probably the team (right now) that would give the Chiefs some fits if they meet...That defense is no joke.

Titans Postseason. Best team in the AFCS. Doubt the WC comes from that div, AFCS is looking to be a shit division this yr.

arrwheader
09-23-2020, 08:00 AM
Chiefs, Packers, Ravens definitely for real.

Seahawks look like contenders, Cardinals are intriguing but not proven yet.

Everyone else meh,

I still think Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC, and they will beat the Ravens Monday night. After that, it will be proven that the Chiefs are just that.

Still so early, lots can happen. Chiefs look like the exact same team, just with a running option now. Tough games ahead but they should still be solid.

JD10367
09-23-2020, 09:16 AM
And the Faketriots barely beat the Dolphins in week one.

It was a 3 point game into the fourth quarter.

And you barely beat the Chargers with a no name quarterback.

Funkstown
09-23-2020, 11:06 AM
The Raiders are fuckin’ pretenders and their moronic fanbase knows it. They are so salty about us winning it all.

MahomesMagic
09-23-2020, 11:12 AM
Buffalo gets swept again by NE. Allen struggles against apex.

FloridaMan88
09-23-2020, 01:54 PM
And you barely beat the Chargers with a no name quarterback.

What's the deal with Belichick today?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EimfDNPWAAAWSuC?format=jpg&name=large

HC_Chief
09-23-2020, 03:10 PM
Kyler Murray is legit.

This. That kid is a gamer. Addition of Hopkins was huge; NFCW is stacked (well, it was prior to SF's losing Bosa for the season)

keg in kc
09-23-2020, 03:39 PM
Nobody knows shit at this point. We're just ending the preseason, for all intents and purposes, any team could be killed by injures (just look at last week....) and since it's the Worst Year Ever any team could be hit with the rona.

Easy 6
09-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Buffalo gets swept again by NE. Allen struggles against apex.

I'm good with Buffalo at home against LA

Rams feel hollow to me, they're always gonna be an up and down, top heavy team much like Dallas

McVay is no better than McDermott in my view

Allen is a far more dynamic QB than Goff

LA is going to take a looong flight to Buffalo and get beat IMO

Mahomes_Is_God
09-23-2020, 06:24 PM

He looks drunk. Losing old man Brady must of broke the poor lad.

NWTF
09-23-2020, 09:50 PM
True contenders at this point.

Chiefs, Ravens, Packers, Seahawks

Could be contenders but Im not giving them credit yet.

Steelers, Rams.

The rest

Titans
Cardinals
Bills
Raiders

The Bears suck and arent worth listing even though they're 2-0. There are other teams like the Patriots that are clearly better than some of these 2-0 teams

srvy
09-23-2020, 10:11 PM

Craves a coward and has a mult in DC just haven't figured which one, I lean Adlolf.

srvy
09-23-2020, 10:18 PM

Looks like moths are feeding int his dresser drawers.