PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Oops! Why Tyrod Taylor didn’t play

frozenchief
09-23-2020, 09:47 AM
This is embarrassing. Wonder if LAC gets a new doctor.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers’ team doctor accidentally punctured his own quarterback Tyrod Taylor’s lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection to the quarterback’s cracked ribs, league and team sources told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308793001213394944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dlphg9
09-23-2020, 09:48 AM
Thats so fucked up lol. God damn I'd be furious. That Dr should be fired.

TribalElder
09-23-2020, 09:49 AM
Was the DR an Oregon State grad?

seclark
09-23-2020, 09:50 AM
pfffffffft
sec

wazu
09-23-2020, 09:52 AM
Dr. Chao guessed this earlier in the week. He'd had "rib" on his injury report earlier in the week, which is generally numbed for a few hours during game time. But it sounds like the shot is really hard to do as you have to get it in just the right spot to be effective, and that spot is so close to lining of the lung. It sounds like this is considered a known risk and players are informed beforehand.

Skyy God
09-23-2020, 09:53 AM
It's not a coincidence that the Chargers have a long and storied history of player injuries.

Chao's replacement must be a drunk as well.

https://deadspin.com/the-medical-board-says-david-chao-is-a-drunk-former-pa-5835403

WhawhaWhat
09-23-2020, 09:53 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/5QI8lAdyT9JyK3uxsI/giphy.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2020, 09:55 AM
Nobody is going to convince me Tyrod actually got hurt in warm ups.

Such epic dumbassery

ThaVirus
09-23-2020, 09:56 AM
Jeez, are the needles that long or are the lungs just a lot closer to the skin than I'd imagine?

loochy
09-23-2020, 09:57 AM
It's not a coincidence the Chargers have a long and storied history of player injuries.

https://deadspin.com/the-medical-board-says-david-chao-is-a-drunk-former-pa-5835403

Yeah, maybe it's time for them to send this guy on his way. Err...I mean sign him to a lifetime contract.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-23-2020, 09:58 AM
That’s insane.

While we’re on the topic, I’d love to know if I’m the only one who isn’t totally sold on Herbert. I’ve seen at least 2-3 talking heads say “the Chargers have their QB for the next 10-15 years!!!”

Based on what? One mediocre game where the opposition didn’t game plan for him whatsoever? There are arguments to be made as to whether or not it helped or hurt Herbert himself, not knowing that he was going to play. Regardless, it was one game. Just a decent outing where he leaned on a running game and threw an interception that probably cost them the game when you look back. He wasn’t very accurate to me, and the film will start to accumulate on his strengths and weaknesses as we go.

I’d bet about anything I’ve got that the dude will never make a pro bowl, and I don’t mean as an alternate necessarily. Just straight up top 3 in his conference.

loochy
09-23-2020, 09:58 AM
Jeez, are the needles that long or are the lungs just a lot closer to the skin than I'd imagine?

I'd guess a normal 1.5 incher (standard size for glute injections) would be able to puncture

Skyy God
09-23-2020, 09:59 AM

Yes.

Rain Man
09-23-2020, 10:04 AM
It's not a coincidence that the Chargers have a long and storied history of player injuries.

Wow. I guess this explains the Chargers' long injury history. Chao is probably prescribing hits to the side of the knee.

RINGLEADER
09-23-2020, 10:08 AM
That’s insane.

While we’re on the topic, I’d love to know if I’m the only one who isn’t totally sold on Herbert. I’ve seen at least 2-3 talking heads say “the Chargers have their QB for the next 10-15 years!!!”

Based on what? One mediocre game where the opposition didn’t game plan for him whatsoever? There are arguments to be made as to whether or not it helped or hurt Herbert himself, not knowing that he was going to play. Regardless, it was one game. Just a decent outing where he leaned on a running game and threw an interception that probably cost them the game when you look back. He wasn’t very accurate to me, and the film will start to accumulate on his strengths and weaknesses as we go.

I’d bet about anything I’ve got that the dude will never make a pro bowl, and I don’t mean as an alternate necessarily. Just straight up top 3 in his conference.

He made a couple super sweet throws (the TD pass and long shot to Keenan Allen) but otherwise was a lot of dink and dunk and more than a few mistakes even knowing how to handoff the ball. Also, he ultimately lost the game.

Even Tim Tebow had a couple good throws in his playoff run but that didn’t make him a great (or even a good) QB. Need to see more.

FloridaMan88
09-23-2020, 10:09 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Chargers’ team doctor accidentally punctured his own quarterback Tyrod Taylor’s lung just before kickoff Sunday while trying to administer a pain-killing injection to the quarterback’s cracked ribs, league and team sources told ESPN.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308793001213394944?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently this is a small but defined risk with this type of injection.

Discuss Thrower
09-23-2020, 10:10 AM
Any Given Sunday II: Electric Boogaloo

sedated
09-23-2020, 10:11 AM
Chargers: Come sign with us, we'll destroy your body and ruin your career!

BigBeauford
09-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Holy crap he probably gave him a tension pneumothorax.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:19 AM
That’s insane.

You're looking for reasons to be pessimistic because they're a division rival.

He played within the confines of his offense, so the "Dink and dunk" argument is moot.

He was very accurate actually.

He displayed good arm strength, excellent athleticism and he was poised through the entire game aside from one boneheaded play that did in fact look open for a second there.

He displayed all of the qualities you could reasonably expect to see from a 1st time starter that had no game preparation. He displayed that all of the tools are in fact there, and with experience and refinement at the very least he should be a good starter.

And lets not act like we weren't here proclaiming Pat's greatness after his no-TD performance against the Broncos. That's quit the double standard.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:20 AM
That’s insane.

I'm certainly not sold.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2020, 10:20 AM
The Chargers and Jets have the worst ownership in the NFL but as sad as the Jets have been since 1969, at least they haven't punctured the lungs of their starting QB.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:22 AM

He played within the confines of his offense, so the "Dink and dunk" argument is moot.

He displayed good arm strength, excellent athleticism and he was poised through the entire game aside from one boneheaded play that did in fact look open for a second there.

He displayed all of the qualities you could reasonably expect to see from a 1st time starter that had no game preparation. He displayed that all of the tools are in fact there, and with experience and refinement at the very least he should be a good starter.

And lets not act like we weren't here proclaiming Pat's greatness after his no-TD performance against the Broncos. That's quit the double standard.

You're seeing something that just wasn't there. It's like anybody under the age of 25 with good measurable and a live arm is going to be great or something.

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:22 AM
Herbert looked good for a rookie making his first start, but I’ll leave it at that.

How many young QB’s have to look good early in their careers then regress before we learn to be patient and let things play out?

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:23 AM
I'm certainly not sold.

Sold on what though?

That he's a sure fire stud? Of course not.

That he displayed a lot of positive qualities that you'd want to see in a young QB, and that his future LOOKS promising? I can't see how anyone could disagree.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Herbert looked good for a rookie making his first start, but I’ll leave it at that.

How many young QB’s have to look good early in their careers then regress before we learn to be patient and let things play out?

Some of them play good for almost an entire season and then crash and burn.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Sold on what though?

That he's a sure fire stud? Of course not.

That he displayed a lot of positive qualities that you'd want to see in a young QB, and that his future LOOKS promising? I can't see how anyone could disagree.

How could you possibly know anything about the future after one fucking game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2020, 10:26 AM
I'm certainly not sold.

I'm not "sold" but I was very impressed with his poise.

I knew that he had better than "Ideal Size" and that his arm strength was above average but the most impressive aspect to me on Sunday was that he didn't wilt under pressure and either take off running or throw the stupid INT.

I think he has all of the physical characteristics for becoming a solid NFL starter but it'll all come down to how fast he can process what he sees on the field to creating net-positive plays.

ROYC75
09-23-2020, 10:28 AM

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express and performed the procedure on a hoverboard.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:29 AM
You're seeing something that just wasn't there. It's like anybody under the age of 25 with good measurable and a live arm is going to be great or something.

There's no guarantee that he'll be great of course, but what is there to really complain about with his first game?

The ball came out crisp, he was accurate, he didn't flinch in the pocket, he was poised, he displayed excellent athleticism...

People were down on this kid coming out, and they were wrong. And if you're down on him now, you're still wrong.

htismaqe
We've seen literally every young QB in the league make throws like Herbert made on Sunday. Have you ever watched a Sam Darnold highlight reel? He makes some absolutely Mahomes-esque throws at times. But then he flat out sucks at times too.

The simple fact is that it's one game. He wasn't horrible, he wasn't great.

Statistically, most of these young QB's are going to hover somewhere between league average and outright failure. The success rate for true franchise QB's is just low.

BigRedChief
Thats a serious life threatening mistake.

Most of the ones I've been involved with were in the ER or ICU where the patient is looking a death if we don't do that procedure soon. If we have time we got to the X-Ray to make sure in the placement of the needle.

CervezaChill
Herbert looked good last week, but with the patchwork defense the Chiefs trotted out to the field, that's not particularly hard to achieve for a top 10 drafted QB. Needless to say the jury is well and truly still out.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:30 AM
How could you possibly know anything about the future after one fucking game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?

I said it looks promising.

What are your complaints? Aside from one boneheaded pass, that after seeing from a different view, you at least SEE what he was thinking.

Aside from that, what's your complaint? Because i gave you a list of things he did well, now tell me what he did that was so bad?

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:30 AM
Some of them play good for almost an entire season and then crash and burn.

Yup.

People continually do this with young QB’s. It happens every year. Just like Baker, I thought Herbert was going to be a bust based on tape, and I still do. When Baker had his “great” rookie season and 75% of CP was sucking his dick, I tried to tell them and they chalked it up to me being a hater.

He looked good for a rookie making his first start, but it doesn’t change that for me.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:31 AM
There's no guarantee that he'll be great of course, but what is there to really complain about with his first game?

The ball came out crisp, he was accurate, he didn't flinch in the pocket, he was poised, he displayed excellent athleticism...

People were down on this kid coming out, and they were wrong. And if you're down on him now, you're still wrong.

He wasn't that accurate. At time he was but at times he also missed a couple of really easy throws.

And again, he was poised until he basically threw the game away on a throw that every QB is told from the time they can walk not to make.

I'm down on EVERY QB coming out. Why? Because 3/4 of them never pan out. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to crown any of them until they've proven something.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:31 AM
We've seen literally every young QB in the league make throws like Herbert made on Sunday. Have you ever watched a Sam Darnold highlight reel? He makes some absolutely Mahomes-esque throws at times. But then he flat out sucks at times too.

The simple fact is that it's one game. He wasn't horrible, he wasn't great.

Statistically, most of these young QB's are going to hover somewhere between league average and outright failure. The success rate for true franchise QB's is just low.

What more could you have expected from a 1st start, is what i'm asking?

What did he NOT display?

No one's crowning his ass.

We're saying after his first game, the arrow is pointed up. That could change of course, but there's really nothing to complain about from his first start.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:33 AM
I said it looks promising.

What are your complaints? Aside from one boneheaded pass, that after seeing from a different view, you at least SEE what he was thinking.

Aside from that, what's your complaint? Because i gave you a list of things he did well, now tell me what he did that was so bad?

It's not about my complaints.

You said he looks promising. I don't agree. I thought he looked like a typical rookie QB that the other team hadn't prepared for. Nothing more, nothing less.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:33 AM
He wasn't that accurate. At time he was but at times he also missed a couple of really easy throws.

And again, he was poised until he basically threw the game away on a throw that every QB is told from the time they can walk not to make.

I'm down on EVERY QB coming out. Why? Because 3/4 of them never pan out. That's just the way it is. I'm not going to crown any of them until they've proven something.

So 1 play, basically. And a bunch of history that has nothing to do with him personally.

Just basing it off his 1 game though, the arrow is pointed up until he proves otherwise. There was a lot to like there.

You haven't presented an argument yet that proves otherwise.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:34 AM

You said he looks promising. I don't agree. I thought he looked like a typical rookie QB that the other team hadn't prepared for. Nothing more, nothing less.

Then i don't think you're giving an honest evaluation.

Give me reasons why he didn't have a strong showing.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:34 AM
What more could you have expected from a 1st start, is what i'm asking?

What did he NOT display?

No one's crowning his ass.

We're saying after his first game, the arrow is pointed up. That could change of course, but there's really nothing to complain about from his first start.

There's a lot of talking heads out there stopping just short of "crowning his ass". There's a couple here too, even if it's not you.

Everybody gets all horny over young QB's when they make 2 or 3 good throws early in their career.

And then it just never materializes beyond that. It's just simple math.

ChiefBlueCFC
09-23-2020, 10:35 AM
The Chargers medical staff is a bigger threat to the Chargers' players and it's probably why they're all hurt all the time

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:35 AM
Then i don't think you're giving an honest evaluation.

And you're entitled to believe that. Just like I'm entitled to dismiss it.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:37 AM
Just like Baker, I thought Herbert was going to be a bust based on tape, and I still do.

This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:37 AM
Herbert’s college tape is FULL of reasons to be skeptical.

Maybe that’s why some people aren’t going to overreact to one game?

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:38 AM
This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.

Lol no.

It’s not about being right about my evaluation. It’s about trusting it over one game.

I was right in the end about Baker, so what does that say?

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:40 AM
And then it just never materializes beyond that. It's just simple math.

Recent history suggests otherwise.

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Lamar Jackson
Carson Wentz
Kyler Murray

Joe Burrow looks pretty good through two games.

And to be fair to Mayfield and Darnold, those guys play for franchises that are historical trainwrecks.

ROYC75
How could you possibly know anything about the future after one ****ing game? A game which he pretty much lost by throwing an ill-advised pass over the middle, across his body?

This.

One game is just .... one game. It takes time to qualify as the face of the franchise.

But I will add that he very possibly gives them more upside that Taylor does, but again, it's just 1 game.

Many people and pundits were claiming the same about Mahomes after 1 game, but he had to do it game after game to prove he was the real deal. Once he became so automatic, it made the the people that claimed he was so awesome feel awesome.

We all felt Pat was going to be special, but it took time to prove it.

pugsnotdrugs19

Oh FFS. He missed on many throws. Some of the completions, the placement gave his receiver no shot to create YAC.

This isn’t like Mahomes because Herbert did literally nothing eye popping. It was your typical shit — Mahomes made 5+ plays in his debut that dropped your jaw.

The kid might be alright but it’s far from a sure thing.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:42 AM

For me, I never evaluated Herbert coming out. Didn't get a chance to watch him a lot in college.

Let me put it this way:

With Herbert, as it is with all young QB's I see, I want to actually be impressed before I start saying I was impressed.

The guy played a solid game. He wasn't spectacular and outside of one throw, he wasn't even impressive. He was "good".

And then we have to hear the talking heads saying that his back corner throw to a WIDE OPEN WR was so hard, like Herbert is the only rookie that could make that throw. The hyperbole is just silly. Lots of guys in the NFL can make that throw. Doesn't mean they're going to be successful long term.

And that has a lot to do with how I evaluate Watson and Jackson, especially Jackson.

It gets really old listening to how Jackson is the best QB in the NFL when anybody with eyes can clearly see he isn't.

It's unfortunately just a symptom of the world we live in, especially with the media. One is not really allowed to say anything neutral or ambivalent. Everything has to be highly polarized. A guy is going to be great or he's going to be a bust. Nah, I haven't seen anything from Herbert yet that suggests either of those things is true.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:43 AM
Lol no.

It’s not about being right about my evaluation. It’s about trusting it over one game.

I was right in the end about Baker, so what does that say?

Baker's story hasn't finished being written yet, so don't pound your chest too hard. (especially since most predicted he'd fail)

And again, this isn't about crowning someone, but instead evaluating all we can evaluate, which is 1 game.

That 1 game, was a good 1 game for a rookie's 1st start. So what's the problem?

And yes, you and a lot of CP members do in fact latch onto your pre-draft analysis and it follows you through said players career, which is why so many on this forum can't, or took a long time to, give the credit deserved to Watson and Jackson.

ROYC75
09-23-2020, 10:44 AM

Agreed, well put cuz this is what he was at this point!

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:44 AM
Baker's story hasn't finished being written yet, so don't pound your chest too hard. (especially since most predicted he'd fail)

And again, this isn't about crowning someone, but instead evaluating all we can evaluate, which is 1 game.

That 1 game, was a good 1 game for a rookie's 1st start. So what's the problem?

And yes, you and a lot of CP members do in fact latch onto your pre-draft analysis and it follows you through said players career, which is why so many on this forum can't, or took a long time to, give the credit deserved to Watson and Jackson.

I liked Watson and Lamar. I drafted Lamar in the CP Mock.

I know you are just going to brush it off, but I’m rarely wrong about QB’s I trust my evaluation.

Sorry, but I’m not going to say anything beyond “he looked good for a rookie making his first start”, because I’m still as skeptical as I was when I watched the tape.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:45 AM
Recent history suggests otherwise.

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Deshaun Watson
Lamar Jackson
Carson Wentz
Kyler Murray

Joe Burrow looks pretty good through two games.

And to be fair to Mayfield and Darnold, those guys play for franchises that are historical trainwrecks.

Josh Allen? The book is still VERY out on him.

Deshaun Watson is great for stats. Loser mentality. Pouts. Holds onto the ball too long. Definitely not a top tier QB.

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field.

And for now, I'm just not going to address Lamar Jackson.

Out of that list, Patrick Mahomes is on a HoF trajectory and you simply can't argue otherwise. Kyler Murray looks very promising.

The rest of those guys have HUGE question marks of one kind or another (outside of Jackson, who still has question marks of his own).

staylor26
09-23-2020, 10:48 AM
And LMAO @ Baker’s story not being written yet.

He sucks and if you can’t see it at this point, I don’t know what to tell you.

Darnold is a guy that’s in an awful situation, but Baker has great weapons, a great running game, and a solid OL. He is who he is at this point.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:52 AM
Oh FFS. He missed on many throws. Some of the completions, the placement gave his receiver no shot to create YAC.

This isn’t like Mahomes because Herbert did literally nothing eye popping. It was your typical shit — Mahomes made 5+ plays in his debut that dropped your jaw.

The kid might be alright but it’s far from a sure thing.

Here's every completion, feel free to show me all these plays where he didn't give his guys a shot to create YAC. Go ahead, chart them out for me.

And yeah, he did have some "wow" throws. The throw to the corner of the end zone was an excellent throw that was on the money, open or not. Shitty QB's miss that throw all the time.

And the throw to (Ekeler?) down the sideline was an excellent throw.

The throw to Keenan Allen, over the defenders arm while getting hit, that wasn't a great throw?

GMAFB.

This is just CP hating on any QB not named Mahomes, like always.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4QTpyaEtSwE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:53 AM
Josh Allen? The book is still VERY out on him.

Deshaun Watson is great for stats. Loser mentality. Pouts. Holds onto the ball too long. Definitely not a top tier QB.

Carson Wentz can't even stay on the field.

And for now, I'm just not going to address Lamar Jackson.

Out of that list, Patrick Mahomes is on a HoF trajectory and you simply can't argue otherwise. Kyler Murray looks very promising.

The rest of those guys have HUGE question marks of one kind or another (outside of Jackson, who still has question marks of his own).

So basically every young QB sucks that's not named Mahomes, got it.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:53 AM

Absolutely wrong.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:54 AM
So basically every young QB sucks that's not named Mahomes, got it.

Didn't at all say that. Read it again.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 10:54 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Zero tolerance at all for reservation or hesitation.

You MUST either hate him or love him. There's no in between.

I'm done arguing about it. I've said all I need to say.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:56 AM
Absolutely wrong.

Dude, you literally just made a post that basically said that.

You have a problem with every QB not named Mahomes or Wilson.

That says a lot about your evaluations.

You're looking for reasons to dislike QB's, rather than looking at what they do well.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 10:57 AM
This is exactly what I'm talking about.

Zero tolerance at all for reservation or hesitation.

You MUST either hate him or love him. There's no in between.

I'm done arguing about it. I've said all I need to say.

Zero tolerance? You just discredited every young, successful QB in the league because they're not a once in every 50 years kind of guy.

Go ahead, give me your top 10 QB's right now.

Red Dawg
09-23-2020, 10:58 AM
Well he's fired.

Mecca
09-23-2020, 10:59 AM
Darnold still shows promise for the awful spot he's in, I feel bad for that guy. Josh Allen is still the same guy,he shows moments of greatness but he's inconsistent and does wild shit. I think he's gotten better and worked hard to improve but I still don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to be a true elite QB. I do think he could get hot and have Joe Flacco type player run one year though.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 11:00 AM
Dude, you literally just made a post that basically said that.

You have a problem with every QB not named Mahomes or Wilson.

That says a lot about your evaluations.

You're looking for reasons to dislike QB's, rather than looking at what they do well.

Except you're confusing question marks with strikes against.

I don't dislike any of them. I don't particularly LIKE any of them either, save for Murray.

I have significant questions about all of those QBs, other than Lamar Jackson, and even he has warts. You simply can't separate the good from the bad and isolate one without considering the other.

Carson Wentz is great example. When he's on the field, he's exceptional. But he can't stay healthy. He's the Dee Ford of QB's and ultimately, THAT MATTERS when evaluating him.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:00 AM
What is the standard that you're trying to apply here, Htis?

That they're not generational talents? Well shit, do they have to be in order to be a good QB?

Carson Wentz isn't a good QB because he gets hurt?

Watson isn't a good QB because he takes sacks?

I'm trying to figure out who's a good QB in your mind.

Because it seems like there's maybe 2-3 guys in the league that you'd consider a good QB.

So lets see your list so i can understand.

smithandrew051
09-23-2020, 11:01 AM
He looked good on the first drive, but didn’t do much after that.

Against a Chiefs team missing a couple DL and both starting cornerbacks, he only produced a TD (which was aided by a missed false start on 4th and 1) and 2 field goals through the rest of the game and OT.

Even for having several players out, the Chiefs defense didn’t play very well. A lot of missed tackles that extended drives.

Will he be good? Maybe. We definitely don’t have enough information to make a conclusion either way.

I didn’t see any real “wow” moments like Mahomes had in his first start. And yes, I’m comparing him to Mahomes. If Herbert is going to be their QB for a decade, then he’ll be compared to Mahomes every step of the way.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:02 AM
I don't particularly LIKE any of them either, save for Murray.

See, that's your problem right there and why i say you're not giving a fair evaluation.

If they're not perfect, you don't like them.

Every QB in the league has parts of their game that needs work, even our boy Mahomes who two years later, still struggles against Cover 3 schemes, who is still streaky, and who at times, misses open receivers.

You're looking for reasons to hate.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:03 AM
He looked good on the first drive, but didn’t do much after that.

Against a Chiefs team missing a couple DL and both starting cornerbacks, he only produced a TD (which was aided by a missed false start on 4th and 1) and 2 field goals through the rest of the game and OT.

Even for having several players out, the Chiefs defense didn’t play very well. A lot of missed tackles that extended drives.

Will he be good? Maybe. We definitely don’t have enough information to make a conclusion either way.

I didn’t see any real “wow” moments like Mahomes had in his first start. And yes, I’m comparing him to Mahomes. If Herbert is going to be their QB for a decade, then he’ll be compared to Mahomes every step of the way.

He had two TD's, one rushing and one throwing.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Zero tolerance? You just discredited every young, successful QB in the league because they're not a once in every 50 years kind of guy.

I most certainly did not. Just stop.

Go ahead, give me your top 10 QB's right now.

Russell Wilson
Patrick Mahomes
Aaron Rodgers
Lamar Jackson

drop-off

Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Josh Allen
Gardner Minshew

drop-off

Dak Prescott
Derek Carr

I really hate those young QB's don't I?

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:05 AM
Darnold still shows promise for the awful spot he's in, I feel bad for that guy. Josh Allen is still the same guy,he shows moments of greatness but he's inconsistent and does wild shit. I think he's gotten better and worked hard to improve but I still don't think he'll ever be consistent enough to be a true elite QB. I do think he could get hot and have Joe Flacco type player run one year though.

See, i'm not talking about "Elite".

There's maybe 2-3 guys in the league on any given year that one can consider "Elite".

That's the benchmark? Elite?

Because that's unreasonable.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 11:06 AM
See, that's your problem right there and why i say you're not giving a fair evaluation.

If they're not perfect, you don't like them.

Every QB in the league has parts of their game that needs work, even our boy Mahomes who two years later, still struggles against Cover 3 schemes, who is still streaky, and who at times, misses open receivers.

You're looking for reasons to hate.

Nope, I don't hate any of them.

You're wrong again.

smithandrew051
09-23-2020, 11:06 AM
He had two TD's, one rushing and one throwing.

I said “rest of the game” meaning after the first drive.

Mecca
09-23-2020, 11:07 AM
Allen and Herbert were not guys I liked in the draft either, Herbert because his tape is full of just him playing like complete garbage. Allen because he's inconsistent and wild at times.

htismaqe
09-23-2020, 11:08 AM
At any rate, I'm done with this argument. Detoxing is obviously passionate about this. I'm not.

I don't actually fucking care.

Herbert looked just fine in his debut. He wasn't impressive by any meaning of the word.

We'll see where it goes from here.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-23-2020, 11:10 AM
Here's every completion, feel free to show me all these plays where he didn't give his guys a shot to create YAC. Go ahead, chart them out for me.

And yeah, he did have some "wow" throws. The throw to the corner of the end zone was an excellent throw that was on the money, open or not. Shitty QB's miss that throw all the time.

And the throw to (Ekeler?) down the sideline was an excellent throw.

The throw to Keenan Allen, over the defenders arm while getting hit, that wasn't a great throw?

GMAFB.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4QTpyaEtSwE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Ekeler play, really? That should’ve been picked off if Thornhill just turns around. LMAO

The TD pass is solid but he’s just throwing to a spot. Fenton has no chance if he just hit the general back corner, and he did. Good, but the receiver was wide open.

I’ll give you the throw to Allen over the middle. Best one.

He misplaced the ball to Allen on the sideline where Sneed seems to have slipped up, otherwise he might pick that ball.

Everything else is pretty much checkdowns, screens, quick game where the receivers tack on extra yardage due to poor tackling. And this is just his completion reel.

I stand by my OP. There is no way based off of that one game to say that he’s the answer for them already for 10-15 years.

suzzer99
09-23-2020, 11:10 AM
Hebert looked good. But that doesn't seem uncommon with young QBs when the team has had zero preparation or film on them (Lock, Minshew). Have to see how he looks after teams have some film and figure out what slows him down.

On the one hand you wonder what Lynn is thinking insisting that Tyrod still play. But on the other hand, sitting a year does seem to really help.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:12 AM
I most certainly did not. Just stop.

Russell Wilson
Patrick Mahomes
Aaron Rodgers
Lamar Jackson

drop-off

Kyler Murray
Cam Newton
Josh Allen
Gardner Minshew

drop-off

Dak Prescott
Derek Carr

I really hate those young QB's don't I?

Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson and Cam Newton aren't young.

And you'll give credit to Derek Carr and Gardner Minshew as top 10 QB's but yet you can't see Deshaun Watson or Carson Wentz's ability?

You'll put Josh Allen as your 7th best QB but then say the jury is still out on him? C'mon man.

That's what im talking about, what's the standard here for Herbert? Is Josh Allen the standard? Your 7th best QB?

Is Derek Carr the standard? Because Herbert displayed more physical ability than Carr ever has, in 1 game alone.

If Herbert ends up, by the end of the year, being in the 15-10 range, then he was a success.

No one expects him to be Mahomes/Wilson/Rodgers, nor do the Chargers need him to be.

Eureka
09-23-2020, 11:12 AM
I think the big thing about the Chargers is Herbert played well enough to continue playing.

Give Herbert some first team reps and see what the kid can do next week. The other option is to give Taylor another chance and see if he can put a winning streak together as he seems taylor made for that team or at least fits what they are trying to do. Maybe, the Chargers win last week if Taylor was in there.

Deberg_1990
09-23-2020, 11:13 AM

Darnold will probably end up like Alex Smith. Where he gets better 5-10 years down the road with a stable organization and head coach.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:13 AM
Everything else is pretty much checkdowns, screens, quick game where the receivers tack on extra yardage due to poor tackling. And this is just his completion reel.

You mean, an NFL offense?

I stand by my OP. There is no way based off of that one game to say that he’s the answer for them already for 10-15 years.

Well that's a no shit, my argument is that there's a lot to like about his debut, and very little reason to hate. He didn't do anything that should cause doubt.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:15 AM
The Ekeler play, really? That should’ve been picked off if Thornhill just turns around. LMAO

Woulda, shoulda coulda. Great throws are made every week that, "If the defender did this..."

That's a shit excuse. The defender didn't, and Herbert put it in a place where his receiver could make the catch. The only other location he coulda put that ball was on the back shoulder.

Mecca
09-23-2020, 11:15 AM
Wentz isn't in any of these arguments, Eagles fans are tired of him. He's always hurt and he fumbles constantly.

Carson Wentz through 2 weeks:
- Passer grade 42.7 (worst in league)
- Sacked 8 times (worst in league)
- 4 INTs (tied worst with Cousins)
- 64.4 passer rating (4th worst)
- 13 poor throws (2nd worst in league)
- 32.9 % on target throws (tied 6th worst)

In 5 seasons Carson Wentz has 0 playoff wins, 50 fumbles. He is 7-20 vs teams over 500.

smithandrew051
09-23-2020, 11:18 AM
Wentz isn't in any of these arguments, Eagles fans are tired of him. He's always hurt and he fumbles constantly.

Carson Wentz through 2 weeks:
- Passer grade 42.7 (worst in league)
- Sacked 8 times (worst in league)
- 4 INTs (tied worst with Cousins)
- 64.4 passer rating (4th worst)
- 13 poor throws (2nd worst in league)
- 32.9 % on target throws (tied 6th worst)

In 5 seasons Carson Wentz has 0 playoff wins, 50 fumbles. He is 7-20 vs teams over 500.

I had to double check that fumble stat. Holy shit.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:20 AM
At any rate, I'm done with this argument. Detoxing is obviously passionate about this. I'm not.

I don't actually fucking care.

Herbert looked just fine in his debut. He wasn't impressive by any meaning of the word.

We'll see where it goes from here.

The only thing i'm passionate about here is evaluating players fairly.

Division rival players almost never get a fair shake on this board, and QB's most certainly don't ever since Mahomes.

I'm still trying to get an answer to my original question of, "What did he do wrong?"

My statement is simple: He did a lot of things really well, and 1 or two things wrong. He showed great tools and looks promising until proven otherwise. He didn't do anything in that game to suggest he's a bad player.

And i would not be surprised at all to see him light up the lowely Panthers.

crispystl
09-23-2020, 11:21 AM

Who's more accurate? Tyrod or the Doctor?

Trick question....we all know it's FREAKING BUTTKICKER!!

Mecca
09-23-2020, 11:22 AM
The only thing i'm passionate about here is evaluating players fairly.

Division rival players almost never get a fair shake on this board, and QB's most certainly don't ever since Mahomes.

I'm still trying to get an answer to my original question of, "What did he do wrong?"

My statement is simple: He did a lot of things really well, and 1 or two things wrong. He showed great tools and looks promising until proven otherwise. He didn't do anything in that game to suggest he's a bad player.

And i would not be surprised at all to see him light up the lowely Panthers.

Herbert is one of those guys who will show greatness then look like complete ass, he did it constantly in college.

staylor26
09-23-2020, 11:25 AM
Herbert is one of those guys who will show greatness then look like complete ass, he did it constantly in college.

Exactly! This is why I’m going to trust my evaluation of him and be patient.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-23-2020, 11:28 AM
Woulda, shoulda coulda. Great throws are made every week that, "If the defender did this..."

That's a shit excuse. The defender didn't, and Herbert put it in a place where his receiver could make the catch. The only other location he coulda put that ball was on the back shoulder.

.... which is where it should have went. It wasn’t a good throw.

Bl00dyBizkitz
09-23-2020, 11:28 AM
Probably the best thing that could happen to the Chargers, now they know they've got something in Herbert.

Sucks that he won't get playing time cause his Head Coach is a dumbass.

Mecca
09-23-2020, 11:29 AM
Probably the best thing that could happen to the Chargers, now they know they've got something in Herbert.

Sucks that he won't get playing time cause his Head Coach is a dumbass.

Considering where they drafted him I'd think they already thought they had something.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-23-2020, 11:30 AM
You mean, an NFL offense?

Well that's a no shit, my argument is that there's a lot to like about his debut, and very little reason to hate. He didn't do anything that should cause doubt.

You’re not a good QB in the NFL until you show the ability to hit the intermediate throws. Those are the toughest to do consistently and he missed plenty Sunday.

He cost them the game with a really poor decision on the interception. Rookie mistake, sure. But as you said, “woulda coulda shoulda”...

I don’t hate what I saw. I just don’t love it. And if I’m to bet on him being really good or materializing into a bust, I’ll take the latter.

ModSocks
09-23-2020, 11:32 AM
You’re not a good QB in the NFL until you show the ability to hit the intermediate throws. Those are the toughest to do consistently and he missed plenty Sunday.

He cost them the game with a really poor decision on the interception. Rookie mistake, sure. But as you said, “woulda coulda shoulda”...

I don’t hate what I saw. I just don’t love it. And if I’m to bet on him being really good or materializing into a bust, I’ll take the latter.

What evidence do you have from that 1 game that would make you lean the latter?

Chiefnj2
09-23-2020, 11:32 AM
It was a great job for his first game considering zero preseason games and only a limited number of touches in prep.

Rain Man
09-23-2020, 11:39 AM
I had to double check that fumble stat. Holy shit.

Okay, I got curious. Since the AFL/NFL merger, 163 quarterbacks have started 48 or more games (three full modern seasons). The worst ten quarterbacks in terms of fumbles per game started are:

Josh McCown 1.066
Jack Trudeau 1.061
Don Majkowski 1.035
Daunte Culpepper 1.020
Tony Banks 0.936
David Carr 0.899
Kurt Warner* 0.879
Jon Kitna 0.879
Dave Krieg 0.874 (small hands)
Carson Wentz 0.862

Nine of those have a few or a fair number of games played as backups, which will inflate their stats a bit. Wentz is the only one not in that situation since he has never entered a game as a backup.

If we look at fumbles per game played, here are the worst ten. It's actually mostly the same list, but Wentz rockets up to 2nd-worst.

Daunte Culpepper 0.971
Carson Wentz 0.862
Kurt Warner* 0.823
Josh McCown 0.794
Jack Trudeau 0.776
Warren Moon* 0.774
Jon Kitna 0.773
Tony Banks 0.760
David Carr 0.755
Dave Krieg 0.718

wazu
09-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Good ole "Baby Hands" Krieg. I always forget about that guy.

Rain Man
09-23-2020, 11:47 AM
So who are the most surehanded QBs, you may ask? Here's the list of fewest fumbles per start and per game appearance. Don't shake hands with Chad Henne because he'll crush every bone in your hand.

It's interesting that the list includes a lot of all-timers. I presume that this indicates good pocket awareness. It also may be a hidden advantage of the West Coast Offense if you take fewer strip sacks.

Fran Tarkenton is darn impressive on this list given that he was a running quarterback, and this may be the first and only time you'll see Joey Harrington on an NFL top-ten list.

Fumbles per start

Bert Jones 0.167
Fran Tarkenton* 0.267
Peyton Manning 0.291
Ken Anderson 0.302
Joe Namath* 0.308
Jim McMahon 0.309
Chad Henne 0.321
Billy Kilmer 0.321
Joe Montana* 0.323
Joey Harrington 0.329

Fumbles per game appearance

Bert Jones 0.157
Mike Pagel 0.220
Mike Tomczak 0.227
Charley Johnson 0.244
Chad Henne 0.250
Joe Theismann 0.251
Jim McMahon 0.252
Vince Ferragamo 0.253
Norm Snead 0.262
Fran Tarkenton* 0.267

staylor26
09-23-2020, 11:49 AM

Not that one game, his entire college career.

BlackOp
09-23-2020, 11:50 AM

He looked good to me...

No reps (if Chargers PR is being truthful)...looked poised and had some nice NFL throws.

If he had just run for the 1st instead of the INT...he likely beats Mahomes in his first start. They definitely had some "home cooking", late...but he still threw for over 300.

You look for "flashes" with a rookie...he played way better than I thought he would.

I hear he was inconsistent in college...have a great game then suck. We'll see...

Mile High Mania
09-23-2020, 11:53 AM
And, now we know why coach is going with Tyrod... likely a big PR and financial nightmare if Tyrod lost his job due to the doc doing that. So, they'll let Tryod just lose it outright and we'll see Herbert in a few weeks.

Rain Man
09-23-2020, 11:55 AM
Patrick Mahomes II isn't on the list since he has less than 48 career starts. But let's look at our Chiefs quarterbacks who have started 16 or more games since the merger. (Stats for guys who played before and after 1970 include only their 1970+ stats, by the way.)

If we threw Mahomes onto the big list and waived the fact that he has fewer than 48 starts so far, he would rank 18th of 163. So yes, he's good at hanging onto the ball in addition to being the greatest quarterback in NFL history.

Here's the fumbles per start:

Joe Montana* 0.320
Alex Smith 0.329
Elvis Grbac 0.340
Patrick Mahomes 0.364
Steve DeBerg 0.385
Trent Green 0.466
Mike Livingston 0.478
Steve Bono 0.484
Len Dawson* 0.518
Bill Kenney 0.558
Matt Cassel 0.638
Dave Krieg 0.762
Rich Gannon 0.789
Todd Blackledge 0.792
Damon Huard 0.810
Steve Fuller 0.935

Here's the fumbles per game:

Joe Montana* 0.320
Elvis Grbac 0.327
Alex Smith 0.329
Steve DeBerg 0.351
Patrick Mahomes 0.364
Len Dawson* 0.382
Steve Bono 0.405
Bill Kenney 0.406
Mike Livingston 0.407
Trent Green 0.466
Todd Blackledge 0.475
Rich Gannon 0.556
Steve Fuller 0.558
Dave Krieg 0.571
Matt Cassel 0.625
Damon Huard 0.654

BlackOp
09-23-2020, 11:59 AM
And, now we know why coach is going with Tyrod... likely a big PR and financial nightmare if Tyrod lost his job due to the doc doing that. So, they'll let Tryod just lose it outright and we'll see Herbert in a few weeks.

Hmm...maybe. Taylor knows he's a place-keeper until Herbert is ready. Their fans...all 7 of them...wanted him to start even before this happened.

Could he sue...possibly...doubt he would though.

DaneMcCloud
09-23-2020, 11:59 AM
Good ole "Baby Hands" Krieg. I always forget about that guy.

I've tried to forget but somehow, I'm always reminded of him.

dlphg9
09-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Tyrod is being advised to sit out indefinitely. I dont know if that means hes out for sure.

BigRedChief
09-23-2020, 12:06 PM
I told you guys this was a serious procedure. It should have never been done on a fucking sideline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doctors have advised Tyrod Taylor not to play &quot;indefinitely” due to his punctured lung. The Chargers were hoping Taylor would be able to start Sunday, but doctors are against it. <a href="https://t.co/FHm7aJXC8o">https://t.co/FHm7aJXC8o</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308800490604572672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BlackOp
09-23-2020, 12:07 PM
Tyrod is being adviser to sit out indefinitely. I dont know if that means hes out for sure.

If he had a rib injury bad enough to need an injection...and now has a punctured lung...probably a smart move.

Sometimes strange things happen...like K.Hunt being forced to start. Maybe it was meant to be...

dlphg9
09-23-2020, 12:18 PM
I told you guys this was a serious procedure. It should have never been done on a ****ing sideline.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Doctors have advised Tyrod Taylor not to play &quot;indefinitely” due to his punctured lung. The Chargers were hoping Taylor would be able to start Sunday, but doctors are against it. <a href="https://t.co/FHm7aJXC8o">https://t.co/FHm7aJXC8o</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1308800490604572672?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who the fuck argued that it wasn't dangerous?

wazu
09-23-2020, 12:31 PM
Who the fuck argued that it wasn't dangerous?

Or that it was done on the sideline?

jonzie04
09-23-2020, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=staylor26;15188063]I liked Watson and Lamar. I drafted Lamar in the CP Mock.

I know you are just going to brush it off, but I’m rarely wrong about QB’s I trust my evaluation.

Sorry, but I’m not going to say anything beyond “he looked good for a rookie making his first start”, because I’m still as skeptical as I was when I watched the tape.[/

Didn’t you like Paxton lynch too?

Frosty
09-23-2020, 12:51 PM

If the DR was an Oregon State grad, he would have punctured both of Herbert's lungs and then kneed him in the groin. **** the Ducks.

staylor26
09-23-2020, 12:51 PM
[QUOTE=staylor26;15188063]I liked Watson and Lamar. I drafted Lamar in the CP Mock.

Sorry, but I’m not going to say anything beyond “he looked good for a rookie making his first start”, because I’m still as skeptical as I was when I watched the tape.[/

Didn’t you like Paxton lynch too?

No. I thought he had the talent and the tape, but like I told Broncos fans as soon as they drafted him, he was too stupid to succeed in the NFL. Hearing him talk and the Wonderlic were a deal breaker for me.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-23-2020, 01:20 PM

As staylor alluded to, I base it mostly on the belief I had about Herbert coming out of college. I did not believe he was worthy of a top 10 pick.

He doesn’t have ‘it’. The intangible things that great QBs have, none of it is there. So a decent outing in a game where the other team didn’t prep for him at all doesn’t change my mind... yet.

BigRedChief
09-23-2020, 02:41 PM
Or that it was done on the sideline?wasnt saying people in here. Sorry, my bad. The comments in social media.

It’s not a routine, more of a common procedure. Same basic procedure to deal with a collapsed lung. It will endanger your life but you can fix what could go wrong rather easily and quickly in a hospital environment.

But, of course what made it dangerous was being on the sidelines without the ability to deal with stuff that could go wrong. You can function with one lung for awhile.

MahiMike
09-23-2020, 02:46 PM
Thats so ****ed up lol. God damn I'd be furious. That Dr should be fired.

Sure you've never made a mistake

BigRedChief
09-23-2020, 02:50 PM
Sure you've never made a mistakelike I said not routine but a common procedure. I’d be involved in 3-4 a week. I’d guess estimate about 5% didn’t go according to plan. Even with good doctors. But, we were prepared with counter measures and the procedure went on as planned.

srvy
09-23-2020, 03:04 PM
Thats so fucked up lol. God damn I'd be furious. That Dr should be fired.

Never flinch! Tyrod throws int's and Docs sometime go too deep.

srvy
09-23-2020, 03:11 PM
Team Doc knew it was the only way to separate coach from starting qb. It was an intervention to let coach see that the rook was twice the qb than the starter. Sadly for the chargers that attachment seems permenate.

Scooter LaCanforno
09-23-2020, 03:21 PM
Tyrod Taylor could get Rich from this.......by doing Flex Seal Commercials.

Megatron96
09-23-2020, 04:16 PM
After rewatching the first half of the chargers game, I think coach Lynn may have been right. Herbert kind of lucked out in that first half. We should've picked him at least once, maybe twice and he made some bad decisions throwing the ball that probably cost them points. Definitely cost them 1st downs. At least one of those plays the ball was definitely supposed to go to Keenan who was wide open, but Herbert either didn't see him, or he tried to "go for it all" and not only didn't complete the pass, but Thornhill should've intercepted it. Plus that guy was doubled, he shouldn't have thrown the ball there anyway.

BigRedChief
09-23-2020, 04:20 PM
Tyrod Taylor could get Rich from this.......by doing Flex Seal Commercials.
Yeah, get a bidding war going with Gorilla Glue. Retire on the beach without having to risk a LB wanting to take your head off.

cdcox
09-23-2020, 04:23 PM
Travolta not available?
https://media1.tenor.com/images/b4718d6482eb2c47e70b586dbe3f3ed3/tenor.gif?itemid=10066915

dlphg9
09-23-2020, 04:35 PM
I wonder how quickly they knew that he had his lung collapsed? Wonder what Tyrod's reaction was lol

Megatron96
09-23-2020, 04:54 PM
I wonder how quickly they knew that he had his lung collapsed? Wonder what Tyrod's reaction was lol

It hurts. To breathe mainly. He knew instantly something was really wrong. My dad said that when it happened to me my eyes nearly bugged out of my head.

RollChiefsRoll
09-23-2020, 05:26 PM
DEFLATEGATE

seclark
09-23-2020, 05:48 PM
Fixaflat is $3.99 at Casey’s
sec

displacedinMN
09-23-2020, 05:48 PM
Replay on NFLN at 7.

Rain Man
09-23-2020, 08:41 PM
I have to laugh about Lynn saying, "There's a reason he's a backup", and then two days later he has to announce that Herbert is starting again.

Bowser
09-23-2020, 08:52 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/i4xCqt4l2NkyfEmpFQ/giphy.gif

displacedinMN
09-23-2020, 08:55 PM
The chargers dont get enough injuries, so they have to self inflict???

WhiteWhale
09-23-2020, 09:18 PM

Pat played a great defense and made plays down the stretch to win the game.

KC was down like 5 starters and multiple back ups. I lost track of the missed tackles. Every 3 yard pass was a missed tackle or three and a 15 yard gain.

What I saw was bad defense more than good QB play. Even chris jones was awful.

Even taylor could have piled up stats with 3 yard checkdowns going 30 yards. If they stink it up like this on monday it will get flat out ugly.

scho63
09-24-2020, 04:42 AM
Maybe that's why the Chargers are always getting injured.

They fucking hired Dr Kevorkian!

Rasputin
09-24-2020, 04:53 AM
I have to laugh about Lynn saying, "There's a reason he's a backup", and then two days later he has to announce that Herbert is starting again.

This was my thought. I'm a fan of irony.

SupDock
09-24-2020, 08:40 AM
wasnt saying people in here. Sorry, my bad. The comments in social media.

It’s not a routine, more of a common procedure. Same basic procedure to deal with a collapsed lung. It will endanger your life but you can fix what could go wrong rather easily and quickly in a hospital environment.

But, of course what made it dangerous was being on the sidelines without the ability to deal with stuff that could go wrong. You can function with one lung for awhile.

This procedure is done in clinics as well, just you typically use ultrasound guidance.
What happened is a defined risk of the procedure, you are injecting to numb a nerve that is just superficial to the lungs.

It would depend on how Tyrod consented. Maybe Tyrod was pushing to have the procedure done so he could play. We have no idea.

Dayze
09-24-2020, 08:48 AM
DEFLATEGATE

Brady had a transfer valve installed for just such a situation if his lung collapsed, he could re-inflate it by transferring his Ego gas to his lungs.

Eleazar
09-24-2020, 08:48 AM
Has any sports team ever been as plagued by injuries year in and year out as the Chargers are?

Rain Man
09-24-2020, 09:48 AM
Has any sports team ever been as plagued by injuries year in and year out as the Chargers are?

I wonder if they aren't really injured, and their quack doctor is misdiagnosing them.

Quack: That looks like an ACL tear.
Player: I'm fine. My knee is bent because I'm sitting down.
Quack: ACL tear! ACL tear! Let's do surgery!

staylor26
09-27-2020, 04:07 PM
Herbert looks so good! LMAO

frozenchief
09-30-2020, 12:40 PM
The NFL has released video footage of the meeting between the Chargers' team doctor and Tyrod Taylor:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leaked footage of the Chargers team doctor taking care of Tyrod Taylor <a href="https://t.co/PRHj8RRmQV">pic.twitter.com/PRHj8RRmQV</a></p>&mdash; NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1308800722264305665?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>