A disgusting act by the Pro Football HOF

eDave
09-27-2020, 02:00 PM

seriously

Demonpenz
09-27-2020, 02:05 PM

I didn't catch the reference until now. Probably his most memorable call.

Scooter LaCanforno
09-27-2020, 02:05 PM
This guy gets in and Otis Taylor doesn't ? WTF?

JimNasium
09-27-2020, 02:15 PM
He's absorbed so much of Troy’s DNA over the years that I wonder if Aikman gets a second bust in Canton as a result.

Pablo
09-27-2020, 02:25 PM
STL phaggot deserves to drown in a mixture of provel and jizz.

eDave
09-27-2020, 02:27 PM
when does Brenneman get his?

big nasty kcnut
09-27-2020, 02:39 PM
Fuck him!

lewdog
09-27-2020, 02:46 PM
Piece of shit!

Kman34
09-27-2020, 02:59 PM
Joe who??

Rain Man
09-27-2020, 03:48 PM
Jack Buck will get a special display in the Hall's nepotism wing as a byproduct of this.

BWillie
09-27-2020, 06:36 PM
Like him or not, hes good at his job. He's not for the die hard sports fan of the teams playing. Hes there for hyperbole and hype to grab the common fan.

bdj23
09-27-2020, 06:38 PM
THE PASS IS..... DROPPED!

Joe is good at baseball, football? Not so much.

KurtCobain
09-27-2020, 06:57 PM
This kind of stuff happening in the world is why I battle depression.

PunkinDrublic
09-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Like him or not, hes good at his job. He's not for the die hard sports fan of the teams playing. Hes there for hyperbole and hype to grab the common fan.

Not a HOFer. This is the media sucking their own dicks. The amount of self importance they have is amazing.

big nasty kcnut
09-27-2020, 07:30 PM
Yeah it sad really a no talent hack like him get rewarded just because his mom didn't swallow during sex.

Clyde Frog
09-27-2020, 07:37 PM
No Flags

Eleazar
09-27-2020, 07:56 PM
After they let Jerome Bettis and Terrell Davis in it's close to meaningless.

J Diddy
09-27-2020, 08:17 PM
Well I read an article, because honestly I can't recall a football game where I've heard Joe Buck announce. I remember him sucking off Bumgarner when the royals were in the 2014 World Series, but I couldn't remember a football game. I guess I missed a bunch. That being said I hope Artie Lange is the presenter.

Megatron96
09-27-2020, 08:23 PM
Congrats to Joe Buck.

MahiMike
09-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Why do so many people hate this guy? I think he's okay.

ChiefsFanatic
09-27-2020, 08:38 PM
Like him or not, hes good at his job. He's not for the die hard sports fan of the teams playing. Hes there for hyperbole and hype to grab the common fan.He is just OK at calling baseball games, but he flat out sucks at calling football games. He signature style is to sound like he is half asleep until a play goes over 10 yards, and then he sounds like a loud sound just woke him up.

His call on 3rd and 15, the Wasp, in the Super Bowl was pedestrian, and factually incorrect. He identified Hill as being open in the middle of the field, when he was outside the hash marks, or right on them.

How anyone stays awake listening to Buck and Aikman is beyond me. If my favorite football team, the Kansas City Chiefs, weren't in Super Bowl 54, I would have turned off the game, even if the Patriots were losing by 50.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Boon
09-27-2020, 09:22 PM
He is a sycophant.

PunkinDrublic
09-27-2020, 10:11 PM
Broadcasters should have their own HOF. They have no business being in the same HOF as players, coaches and owners.

Deberg_1990
09-27-2020, 10:14 PM
This guy gets in and Otis Taylor doesn't ? WTF?

Joe Buck and X Factor. But not Otis.

A complete joke.

stevieray
09-27-2020, 10:16 PM
LMAO

but why?

Halfcan
09-27-2020, 11:05 PM
I hate Joe Buck!

Dunerdr
09-28-2020, 06:54 AM
Fuck him after the 14 WS.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-28-2020, 06:59 AM
What a waste of time and money. He couldn't care less about a hall full of busts.

AdolfOliverBush
09-28-2020, 07:10 AM
His call of Damien Williams' final TD in the Super Bowl alone should've gotten him blackballed from the industry.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2020, 07:12 AM
Well I read an article, because honestly I can't recall a football game where I've heard Joe Buck announce. I remember him sucking off Bumgarner when the royals were in the 2014 World Series, but I couldn't remember a football game. I guess I missed a bunch. That being said I hope Artie Lange is the presenter.

Uh sone thing called a Sup..er Bow..el??

Pasta Little Brioni
09-28-2020, 07:13 AM
His call of Damien Williams' final TD in the Super Bowl alone should've gotten him blackballed from the industry.

...and he's...in...for the touchdown

Dunerdr
09-28-2020, 08:03 AM
...and he's...in...for the touchdown

I dont even remember the call tbh, just that i went wild.

DJJasonp
09-28-2020, 08:11 AM

well, for one, his man-crush on madbum in the 15 world series was ridiculous (and quite frankly unprofessional).

It was a series that went 7 games, separated by 1 run, and went down to the last out with the tying run 90 feet away.

But somehow, the whole ****ing series was all about madbum.

Yes, the guy had a historic series.......but there were plenty of other narratives going on in one of the best series in the past few decades.

Secondly, as others have pointed out, he's not very good at football - and his holier-than-thou reaction to (was it Terrel Owens or Randy Moss TD celebration?) was the reaction of a 4th grade girl. C'mon man - it's football - a man's game (which Buck apparently isnt).

Rain Man
09-28-2020, 08:22 AM

I've got nothing against him as an announcer. He's fine in that regard. It just chafes me when guys with rare high-paying jobs shoehorn their kids into those jobs rather than having an open competition for the best person. Is Joe Buck fine? Yeah. Is he the best person for that job? Undoubtedly no, because the odds are overwhelming that he got the job over a more deserving candidate due to his father's connections.

BWillie
09-28-2020, 09:22 AM
I've got nothing against him as an announcer. He's fine in that regard. It just chafes me when guys with rare high-paying jobs shoehorn their kids into those jobs rather than having an open competition for the best person. Is Joe Buck fine? Yeah. Is he the best person for that job? Undoubtedly no, because the odds are overwhelming that he got the job over a more deserving candidate due to his father's connections.

I agree with this but people get jobs they don't deserve for a variety of reasons, not just nepotism. Good looking people, tall people, men, good looking women, race, sex, being friends with someone. Sometimes they are good at their job despite it, though. I'm a piece of shit for the only reason that I didn't want to accept my dads Nepotism. He eventually became a quasi executive at a company and could get me a job with a path leading to 200K a year in a very short time. I choose to just be a lazy shitball though. Probably regret it though quite honestly.

AdolfOliverBush
09-28-2020, 09:50 AM
I dont even remember the call tbh, just that i went wild.

I didn't notice when watching it live, but when I've pulled it up on the DVR, that bastard's announcing makes the greatest moment in Chiefs history almost unwatchable...unlistenable, anyway.

Rain Man
09-28-2020, 09:54 AM
I agree with this but people get jobs they don't deserve for a variety of reasons, not just nepotism. Good looking people, tall people, men, good looking women, race, sex, being friends with someone. Sometimes they are good at their job despite it, though. I'm a piece of shit for the only reason that I didn't want to accept my dads Nepotism. He eventually became a quasi executive at a company and could get me a job with a path leading to 200K a year in a very short time. I choose to just be a lazy shitball though. Probably regret it though quite honestly.

Yeah, it's a weird thing. I can't expect a kid to turn down an easier path if they're not focused elsewhere (I'm curious why you did), and I can see the logic in a parent wanting to give their kid an easier path. The only negative outcome is a diffuse knowledge that it screws over some other person that is not even clearly identifiable since they never got the chance.

It's kind of like the new phenomenon where parents hold their kid back a year in school so the kid will be the biggest and most advanced in their class. I can see why the parents do it, but it means that some other kid who would've been the big dog now isn't, just because he's got an older kid in class with him. (In the long run, I also think it's underrated that the kid who gets held back will enter the work force later, negating some or all of the advantage of being held back. But that's a separate issue.)