PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Tonight's Game Week 3 2020: KC 34 - Black Crows 20

gblowfish
09-28-2020, 11:12 PM
Ten Things About Tonight’s Game 2020 Week 3: KC 34 - BALT 20

10. It’s a school night, so I’m going to grant Stewie his grand wish and keep things relatively brief. Mrs. B and I invited my good pal Gary over for an old fashioned steak and tater feed then plopped down in front of the big ass TV with Mitch and Danan Hughes on the radio. We had grilled T-Bones, baked taters with olive oil and sea salt, corn on the cob, my famous bbq bean recipe, my equally famous crock pot mushrooms in italian dressing, deviled eggs and a nice relish and veggie tray. Bob’s 47 Boulevard Beer, German chocolate brownies for dessert. I noticed on the pregame show that all four ESPN wanks picked the Black Crows to win. Screw you Booger. Screw you Steve Young…you’re still pissed about being sacked in the end zone by Derrick Thomas at Arrowhead. The three kitties got comfy with Uncle Gary and he played chase the ostrich feather with them throughout the game. Kitties had a blast, and so did we.

9. The national hype all week was about a grand shootout: Mahomes v Jackson. It didn’t happen. I was afraid the Crows were going to run Jackson and Ingram down our throats. Jackson did run for 83 yards but did not rush for a TD. Ingram had 30 yards. He was not a factor. The player who played Jackson Ball was Mahomes. He rushed for a TD, threw for four more and was not sacked once. KC put up over 500 yards of total offense on a Baltimore defense that looked befuddled, frustrated and chumped. Marcus Peters got torched by Watkins all night long and got beat over the top for a pretty TD catch by Tyreek. Baltimore got an opening drive field goal, and later scored on a kickoff after the Sausage Shuttle TD. Jackson had less than 100 yards of offense in the first half. Mahomes became the QB to reach 10,000 passing yards in the fewest games in NFL History, 32 games, besting Kurt Warner by two games. That’s HOF material, my friends.

8. The Sausage Shuttle was a great call, and so was the game clinching tackle eligible to Fisher. Mitch on the radio broadcast said “THE FISH HAS JUMPED OUT OF THE POND!” Great call, and the O-line looked really excited for him catching that pass, which was not a particularly easy ball to catch. Chiefs really pulled some plays out of the deep recesses of the playbook. Teams like the Pats and the Tits used to pull that shit on us all the time; use trick plays to confound our defense. Nice seeing Andy pasting that to John Harbaugh’s face. Harbaugh used to be a special teams coach under Andy in Philly, so that pass to Fisher had to sting.

7. KC scored enough points in the second quarter alone to put the Crows in the rear view mirror. Baltimore outscored KC by 3 points in the second half. Jackson does not play catch up. If they get off to a slow start and get behind, like tonight, they are in big trouble. Jackson is a great runner. Very dangerous once he gets the edge. He does not have the touch or accuracy on long or intermediate throws. I’m afraid he’s going to end up like RG III; one of these days he’s gonna get his clock cleaned and he’ll blow a knee or ankle, and once he loses the ability to scramble, he’ll be the Black Joe Flacco.

6. I thought the KC defense played great, only giving up 20 points on the road to a 2-0 team. Only one of those scores was an offensive TD. Jones had two nice sacks and played the run much better this week. Getting Pinnell back in the middle makes a big difference. Frank Clark didn’t do much at all in this game until the final Ravens drive when he got a sack on Jackson. That sack was opportunist, because Taco Charlton chased Jackson straight into Clark. The entire team seems to tackle much better and lay some wood. Thornhill got run over a couple times and gave up the TD -he almost broke it up- and Sneed hurt himself diving for an overthrown ball trying to get a pick. Looked to me like he may have hurt a shoulder or collarbone. Haven’t seen the injury report, so not sure at this writing what it is. Hope its nothing too serious. We should be getting Breeland back soon.

5. Buttkicker had his worst outing in a long time after being Superman last Sunday. On his first extra point attempt, Campbell was over the center and jumped to try to block -He’s really tall- and it looked to me like Buttkicker pulled it to miss his paw. On the missed field goal before the half, he just barely pushed it wide. It missed by maybe a foot. This game broke his string of 16 straight with a field goal. Time to start a new streak next week. KC only punted once the entire game. That’s rare.

4. On Hardman’s long TD catch -49 yards- Mahomes dropped back in a semi circle, and flung the ball just before getting creamed. He hung in there, and if you watch that pass it’s a good 65 yards in the air, from a guy back peddling throwing off his back foot. His arm strength and accuracy is amazing.The TD pass to Hill was a great pass too, lots of touch and right on the money to scorch Marcus Peters. Nothing like the smell of burnt Peters.

3. CEH ran hard and made some nice catches. The Thompson fumble really screwed up our momentum in the second half. Not sure why Andy is putting him in at that point when CEH was running like a train. It was great seeing Bienemy prowling up and down the sideline in the fourth quarter getting the offense motivated to go out and put the kill shot down. That’s exactly what happened. Speaking of kill shots, #99 Judon is a super dirty player. If you go back and watch the game, about the second or third play in the second quarter. Pat scrambles out, is about to be pulled down and gets the pass off. As he’s being pulled down, Judon runs past and throws an elbow into Pat’s ribcage, clearly trying to injure him on the way down. No call from the refs. They did call our linebacker Damien Wilson on a mystery targeting of a defenseless receiver call in the second half. The guy was juggling the ball and Wilson didn’t even hit him. Terrible call to sustain the Ravens’ only second half TD drive. Oh well, refs have to keep the TV audience watching…

2. I really like the way Andy ran and pounded the ball to run out the last four minutes. Runners kept both hands on the football, ground hard for yardage and our O-line pushed the ball forward. We did to the Ravens what they usually do to everyone else. Great to see Harbaugh just give up and kneel on the ball at the end. The classic “No Mas.”

1. So every other team in the AFC West loses! We open up a one game lead on the Las Vegas Parole Violators. Donks and Jets play on Thursday night -that’ll be a snooze fest- and the Bolts look inept after losing to Carolina. Now we get ready for Hoodie Newton and the News. Newton doesn’t run quite as well as Jackson, but he’s a more accurate passer. It’ll be fun to play them in Arrowhead and hopefully Mahomes can GOAT those Chowderhead fans watching back in Boston. Great Win Tonight…short week coming up. Let’s go to work!

Mama Hip Rockets
09-28-2020, 11:14 PM
It’s a school night, so I’m going to grant Stewie his grand wish and keep things relatively brief.

ROFL

TribalElder
09-28-2020, 11:15 PM
In!

Stayed up late for this!

Thanks George

eDave
09-28-2020, 11:15 PM
How do you beat this team? I just don't know.

eDave
09-28-2020, 11:16 PM
ROFL

My words exactly. Well done. Though I think stewie was being facetious at the time.

MMXcalibur
09-28-2020, 11:20 PM
What does Burnt Peters smell like?

....y'know what, never mind. I don't want to know.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-28-2020, 11:21 PM
How do you beat this team? I just don't know.

Have an excellent front four and an all pro secondary with a great offense. Only team I can think of is Pittsburgh

LittleMeatballNick
09-28-2020, 11:22 PM
Great read. Also happy to see that Judon picture there so I didn't have to look up that play lol

eDave
09-28-2020, 11:23 PM
Have an excellent front four and an all pro secondary with a great offense. Only team I can think of is Pittsburgh

Ben will wear down though.

TribalElder
09-28-2020, 11:23 PM
Was watching sports center after the game

The analyst broke down the hardman TD and how kc exploited peters knowing he would try to jump the hill route and leave the back third open for the td

Hope someone posts the video of that it was awesome

RockChalk
09-28-2020, 11:25 PM
At least one of you voted for George to stop posting these. You should feel guilty if you're continuing to read them. One of my favorite post game things to read on here, even if I don't always agree.

eDave
09-28-2020, 11:27 PM
And another thing; what the hell happened? They WERE running it down our throats from the jump and I was all like "ah, fuck". Then it just,,,,,,stopped, until late in the 4th after it was over. Love it but can't wrap my noggin around it.

Rasputin
09-28-2020, 11:28 PM
How is the radio feed aligned with the tv broadcast? It's quite annoying when they don't match with what's going on the field. So I suffer through the tv idiots.

gblowfish
09-28-2020, 11:28 PM
How is the radio feed aligned with the tv broadcast? It's quite annoying when they don't match with what's going on the field. So I suffer through the tv idiots.

Tonight it was pretty close.

RickObie
09-28-2020, 11:30 PM
Thanks George!

Pitt Gorilla
09-28-2020, 11:31 PM
Darrell was great in relief of CEH.

Rasputin
09-28-2020, 11:32 PM
Tonight it was pretty close.

I'm going try it next week. Gonna miss Lenny the Cool though.

How did Danan Hughes do?

Halfcan
09-28-2020, 11:32 PM
I wondered why they did so much Red Zone work with the Sausage during a practice I watched. I made a report on it- and now the mystery is solved.

Our corners played excellent and had 3 almost interceptions.

It was nice to shut up all the TV mouthpieces that acted like this CHiefs team is soft.

Ravens got destroyed tonight and know they will most likely have to come to KC in the Playoffs now.

Mahomes is Mr. September. He set more September records tongiht. One of his best games.

I love our new beefy receiver- I think his name was Fisher. Great catch!

Rasputin
09-28-2020, 11:36 PM
Hardman was so Gotdamned open I was afraid he wasn't going to hang onto it too easy of a catch.

eDave
09-29-2020, 12:09 AM
https://i.imgur.com/fsjkMqE.jpg

UK_Chief
09-29-2020, 12:11 AM
Sadly I could only watch extended highlights due to time zone and work commitments but I was just sitting watching and laughing pretty much the whole time. Some fantastic plays, trick plays, great defensive effort. It looked like men against boys pretty much the whole night. Jackson is shifty and quick but he looked like a college player out there. Really great effort from the chiefs, aside from a few blips which I’m sure they’ll clean up (Thompson wtf?!)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2020, 12:12 AM
We are only gonna re sign one next year, fisher or Schwartz. Who would you rather re sign?

mnchiefsguy
09-29-2020, 01:02 AM
Thanks george!

This offense is almost unstoppable...we just need to figure out a way to convert short yardage situations.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-29-2020, 01:08 AM
10 things about tonight's game:

1. Get rid of Darwin
2. Get rid of Darwin
3. Get rid of Darwin
4. Get rid of Darwin
5. Get rid of Darwin
6. Get rid of Darwin
7. Get rid of Darwin
8. Get rid of Darwin
9. Get rid of Darwin
10. Get rid of Darwin

Buehler445
09-29-2020, 01:39 AM
Great read George. Thanks. This was another tractor game for me so I get a lot of mileage out of this thread and the gif thread.

I won’t lie. I figured we’d lose this one. We haven’t stopped the run well at all. Houston turned into a pumpkin, Dolts shit the bed against Carolina, super bowl hangover and shit. Plus, notorious texted me during the game that the odds are shit for winning on the opposite coast after overtime.

Holy hell we beat them bad. Virtually all of their production came from bonehead stuff on our part.

I wonder if Reid low-key hates Harbitch. You can tell he wanted this one. And in hindsight they’ve been managing towards it. In past years Reid hasn’t treated contender games different than other games. He definitely works hard on the division, but in years past it didn’t appear that he treated the Cheatriots any different than Jacksonville. Maybe he just hates Harbitch and wanted to stick it to him. Maybe he’s getting better at winning the war. I’m all about it. If you want to do just enough to beat the Dolts and fire both barrels at the Ravens, I’m down. It’s just new.

It’s so surreal to be legitimate. Until Mahomes, if we fielded a team that wasn’t ass, we were pretenders. We’d beat the hell out of some shit squad like the Dolts and then get epically exposed in a game like this. I thought we might do it the way we haven’t stopped the run, but this is a very different feeling.

All in all great effort this is just so much fun.

Buehler445
09-29-2020, 01:40 AM
Post script. Judon is a piece of shit. After the game last year I was fully in favor of head hunting his ass.

Fuck him.

Easy 6
09-29-2020, 04:37 AM
Thanks for the recap, gb... this was easily one of the prettiest, most complete games this team has ever played

Threw it with ease
Pounded it plenty
Dug into the trickbag several times
Didn't get gashed by the run
Held Lamar to barely over 50% completions and 97 yards

Other than the kick return, we beat' em like dogs in their own house

Holladay
09-29-2020, 05:07 AM
Thanks, I always look forward to your 10 Best Things. Insightful and humorous.

"Burnt Peters":)

Danguardace
09-29-2020, 05:09 AM
6. I thought the KC defense played great, only giving up 20 points on the road to a 2-0 team. Only one of those scores was an offensive TD. Jones had two nice sacks and played the run much better this week. Getting Pinnell back in the middle makes a big difference. Frank Clark didn’t do much at all in this game until the final Ravens drive when he got a sack on Jackson. That sack was opportunist, because Taco Charlton chased Jackson straight into Clark. The entire team seems to tackle much better and lay some wood. Thornhill got run over a couple times and gave up the TD -he almost broke it up- and Sneed hurt himself diving for an overthrown ball trying to get a pick. Looked to me like he may have hurt a shoulder or collarbone. Haven’t seen the injury report, so not sure at this writing what it is. Hope its nothing too serious. We should be getting Breeland back soon.

This was sneakily my favourite aspect of the game.

It's funny whenever teams try and play bully boy football vs the Chiefs Like the Jags and Ravens in recent years the team always rises to the challenge. Just need that week in week out now.

MeaTy The Pimp
09-29-2020, 05:13 AM
As usual, great write up by the Man, the Myth, the Legend, Gblowfish. Thanks man.

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 05:18 AM
“Hoodie Newton and the News”. Lol. Well played.

It’s kinda nice that some of our best MNF games ever have been in Baltimore. Fans in Baltimore and Houston must shit themselves when they see any Kansas City team on any of their teams schedules.

srvy
09-29-2020, 05:25 AM
Well done GB

UK_Chief
09-29-2020, 05:39 AM
Small point: Can we call Baltimore The c_unting crows? Black crows sounds pretty cool

RedRaider56
09-29-2020, 05:42 AM

The analyst broke down the hardman TD and how kc exploited peters knowing he would try to jump the hill route and leave the back third open for the td

That was a great breakdown of the play. Worth the watch if you can find it

InChiefsHeaven
09-29-2020, 05:45 AM
i MUST IMPOSE UPON YOU SOME DAY FOR THOSE CROCK POT MUSHROOMS! That sounds f-ing delish!!

What a night. We have a QB that just keeps setting records and smiling the whole way. He's super humble but a helluva competitor. On the drive that ended in the fumble by Duhxter, there was a play where the Chiefs just looked like they were having fun and screwing around. I mean, they looked like they were legitimately just kids screwing around on the playground.

I haven't smiled and laughed watching Chiefs games like this ever. Mahomes has changed my fandom. I'm just not worried. I know we will be in it every time, and even if we have a "bad" game, we can't be counted out. It's crazy.

Good to read as always George!

Danguardace
09-29-2020, 05:47 AM
That was a great breakdown of the play. Worth the watch if you can find it

I was hoping the Chiefs would attack Peters like this!!!

As good as many of Peters many Interceptions for the Chiefs were, I always had in the back of my head if he guessed wrong it would look ugly and that happened last night.

seclark
09-29-2020, 06:26 AM
turn off espn
turn on george
thanks again
sec

Deberg_1990
09-29-2020, 06:43 AM
How in the hell does Mahomes get this kind of velocity on this throw? He’s jumping in the air during release. He’s just unreal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And then when they finally got a free rusher, Mahomes did this sort of absolutely nonsense. <a href="https://t.co/BRystx6pcA">pic.twitter.com/BRystx6pcA</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1310816479542153216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

backinblack
09-29-2020, 06:57 AM
The Black Crows weren't so hard to handle now were they? Guess they are jealous again.

gblowfish
09-29-2020, 06:59 AM
i MUST IMPOSE UPON YOU SOME DAY FOR THOSE CROCK POT MUSHROOMS! That sounds f-ing delish!!
Good to read as always George!

It's easy and they go great with steak. A standard square styrofoam box of mushrooms will feed about two people, so if you're feeding four get two boxes.You can do White or Bellas, whichever you like. I like the whole ones and cut them in half. Get the crock pot, spray it with Pam, then load in the mushrooms. Get your favorite italian dressing, I like Wishbone Robust Italian. Put in about a half a bottle, more later if you need to. Put in about a half tablespoon of crushed fresh garlic and a half a stick of butter. Use real butter. about a half tablespoon of black pepper and another half tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning. Splash in a generous amount of Worsh (sorry can't spell it) Sauce or a little Soy Sauce. You can also put in some italian seasoning if you like. Let this cook down on low for four or five hours. I did mine the night before, then put them in the fridge, then warmed them back up in the crockpot a couple hours before dinnertime on game night. Make sure to cook them on low. If you get the heat too high they get rubbery. Enjoy!

Bwana
09-29-2020, 07:01 AM
Awesome as always George, I'm so happy you decided to continue your 10 things. I always look forward to reading them.

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 07:03 AM
Post script. Judon is a piece of shit. After the game last year I was fully in favor of head hunting his ass.

Fuck him.
Ravens fans seem to feel the same way. They're fucking pissed at him the way we were with Clark early last season.

otherstar
09-29-2020, 07:07 AM
Great read to go with a great win, thanks George!

TwistedChief
09-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Gorgeous win. Gorgeous 10 Things.

Thanks, GB.

stevieray
09-29-2020, 07:16 AM
That game could've been 38-13.

Dominant.

Hydrae
09-29-2020, 07:35 AM
Like a couple of others have alluded to, I laughed so hard last night. Andy and the team were having so much fun. I knew we were going to see the screen game open up tonight and Andy pulled a couple of great new tricks out of his ass and shoved them straight in the Raven's face. I loved it!

Oh, and the announcers are idiots. When Patrick was counting to 4 it was not the number of touchdowns he had thrown. That was another instance of him wondering why he was voted as the 4th best player (Lamar was #1) ala last year in Chitown when he counted to 10 in reference to being picked #10 after Trubisky was picked #1.

rabblerouser
09-29-2020, 07:50 AM
Thank you, George! Sounds like you and the Mrs. had fun with guests and kitties!

Hell of a win!

oldman
09-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Great read as usual, George.
Just a couple of my thoughts. Wasn't there some discussion last week about using the Sausage more at the goal line? Some of the sages told us that fullbacks were a thing of the past. Hmmm-
DO NOT call PMII "Pat". Mama Mahomes will bitch slap you on Twitter.
I've always thought the Harbaugh clan was a bunch of crybabies. Last night was epic. I hope Harbaugh gets fined for pulling down his mask to yell at the zebra.

Buehler445
09-29-2020, 07:57 AM
Ravens fans seem to feel the same way. They're fucking pissed at him the way we were with Clark early last season.

Really? I don’t watch the Ravens a ton, but he seems to be their best pass rusher. Last year he was always around Mahomes. Usually doing something dirty and not getting a single call.

2bikemike
09-29-2020, 07:58 AM
I Love it! “THE FISH HAS JUMPED OUT OF THE POND!” and when I read it I have Mitch's voice in my head!

Thanks again for your weekly contributions.

burt
09-29-2020, 07:59 AM
Like a couple of others have alluded to, I laughed so hard last night. Andy and the team were having so much fun. I knew we were going to see the screen game open up tonight and Andy pulled a couple of great new tricks out of his ass and shoved them straight in the Raven's face. I loved it!

Oh, and the announcers are idiots. When Patrick was counting to 4 it was not the number of touchdowns he had thrown. That was another instance of him wondering why he was voted as the 4th best player (Lamar was #1) ala last year in Chitown when he counted to 10 in reference to being picked #10 after Trubisky was picked #1.

Both were obvious and missed by the talking heads. SMH

Frosty
09-29-2020, 08:19 AM

Mahomes seemed unusually demonstrative last night. I think he might be getting tired of the Jackson hype and comparisons.

mililo4cpa
09-29-2020, 08:20 AM
How in the hell does Mahomes get this kind of velocity on this throw? He’s jumping in the air during release. He’s just unreal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">And then when they finally got a free rusher, Mahomes did this sort of absolutely nonsense. <a href="https://t.co/BRystx6pcA">pic.twitter.com/BRystx6pcA</a></p>&mdash; Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealMNchiefsfan/status/1310816479542153216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

there was one play where you could audibly hear Mahomes say "I got the blitzer" on the TV feed.....

And, despite the Ravens kick return TD, I think that may have been the best, most complete half of football I've ever seen. Just total cruise control, nothing pressing, no miracle comeback needed....just easy from start to finish. Even the Ravens opening drive just felt comfortable, even with the Jackson run....

EDIT: another excellent "10 things"! Love reading these after the game!

IowaHawkeyeChief
09-29-2020, 08:35 AM
I agree on the Holthus call on the Fisher TD... It was epic, "the fish jumps out of the pond"... I wonder if he had a heads up they may run that at some point, if not, that was some impressive spontaneity...

Good read George!

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 08:39 AM
Good write up but I disagree on Clark, he was getting pressure fairly steady throughout the game from what I watched.

Shiver Me Timbers
09-29-2020, 08:50 AM
Great read George.
thanks
"Hoodie Newton and the News"-LMAO

scho63
09-29-2020, 08:58 AM
Ten Things About Tonight’s Game 2020 Week 3: KC 34 - BALT 20

9. KC put up over 500 yards of total offense on a Baltimore defense that looked befuddled, frustrated and chumped. Marcus Peters got torched by Watkins all night long and got beat over the top for a pretty TD catch by Tyreek.
Jackson had less than 100 yards of offense in the first half.
Mahomes became the QB to reach 10,000 passing yards in the fewest games in NFL That’s HOF material, my friends.
That's all good shit right there! :clap::clap:

8. The Sausage Shuttle was a great call, and so was the game clinching tackle eligible to Fisher.
Awesome play calls on both and I thought for a moment that Fisher was about to trip over his own feet and fall backwards. Glad he made a nice catch as it was a little high and he looked tight trying to reach for it. :hmmm:

All excellent points......

5. Buttkicker had his worst outing in a long time after being Superman last Sunday.
His kickoffs were weak- he seemed to be kicking into the wind no matter which side of the field. He is having issues with XP and all his kicks seemed to be just inside the uprights on both sides. As soon as he hit that high kickoff that landed around the 7 or 8 yd line, I knew they would get to at least the 40. Wasn't expecting the TD. :shake:

4. On Hardman’s long TD catch -49 yards- Mahomes dropped back in a semi circle, and flung the ball just before getting creamed. He hung in there, and if you watch that pass it’s a good 65 yards in the air, from a guy back peddling throwing off his back foot. His arm strength and accuracy is amazing.The TD pass to Hill was a great pass too, lots of touch and right on the money to scorch Marcus Peters. Nothing like the smell of burnt Peters.
Mahomes was clicking last night and was dropping dimes all over. Really great catch by Tyreek and just awesome throws. Still can't believe he is ours! :D

Speaking of burnt Peters.......

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2069/2038641416_a36f4cd16e_b.jpg

3. The Thompson fumble really screwed up our momentum in the second half.
That fumble turned a sure blowout into a close game for a while-really piss poor time to fumble and he needs better ball control as that's what all defenses do when they are down, go for the strip.

1. So every other team in the AFC West loses! Great Win Tonight…short week coming up. Let’s go to work!
Just hoping injuries, especially Sneeds are not serious.

Thanks GB. :clap:

Nice short and sweet recap but spot on. I think Jackson didn't get much help last night from his receivers. Andrews had 3 drops and at least 2 others had key drops. KC's D did a great job of containment on Jackson as they didn't let him get many big runs.

Mahomes did some damage with his feet again.

Our offense is by far best in league and not even close. With CEH addition, our receivers and TE plus Mahomes plus great play calling just super strong.

Let's go kick some Patriots butts next week!

smithandrew051
09-29-2020, 08:59 AM
Good stuff as always, G. Appreciate what you do.

PHOG
09-29-2020, 09:10 AM
Great game, great write-up GB. :clap:

L.A. Chieffan
09-29-2020, 09:37 AM
You know what I was thinking about, last week everybody was questioning the chargers for not going for it on 4th and short in OT. This week Harbaugh decided not to go for it on 4th and short in the first quarter and take the three points. Nobody really talking about that one. Stakes not as high certainly but I think psychologically that affected the Ravens offense.

Lamar just had a big run and Ingram was looking good. You're on the KC 8, you have all the momentum to start the game, the team is amped up...and then your coach gets scared instead of making the bold move with the reigning MVP. I can see how that might mess Lamar up a little bit

ping2000
09-29-2020, 09:44 AM
The Black Crows weren't so hard to handle now were they? Guess they are jealous again.I see what you did there.

Old Dog
09-29-2020, 10:12 AM
Great read as always George. So glad you decided to continue doing these this year. Thank you

DJJasonp
09-29-2020, 10:18 AM
LOL at Hoodie Newton and the News!

Randallflagg
09-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Yet ANOTHER great read!! :thumb:

Realbaddog
09-29-2020, 10:59 AM

Good article on that play found below:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ravens/one-play-shows-how-andy-reid-kansas-city-exposed-marcus-peters-tendency-gamble

big nasty kcnut
09-29-2020, 11:14 AM
Great read george as always.

MahiMike
09-29-2020, 12:22 PM
"one of these days he’s gonna get his clock cleaned and he’ll blow a knee or ankle, and once he loses the ability to scramble, he’ll be the Black Joe Flacco"

Yup.

Anyone else notice that Patrick is channeling Russell? Did you see those rainbow throws falling out of the sky?

TribalElder
09-29-2020, 01:42 PM
Good article on that play found below:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/ravens/one-play-shows-how-andy-reid-kansas-city-exposed-marcus-peters-tendency-gamble

Awesome! that led me to teh video I was talking about
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l7pKGU4OSlg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

starts at 6:05

TribalElder
09-29-2020, 01:49 PM
https://i.imgur.com/v4SGTfM.png

ooops

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2020, 02:02 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best believe we wanted this one bad! <a href="https://t.co/S5leJeVRv2">pic.twitter.com/S5leJeVRv2</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1311019124173217793?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cabletech94
09-29-2020, 08:35 PM
Mmmmmmm slow cooker mushrooms!!!

Thanks Blowfish!!!

Simply Red
09-29-2020, 08:40 PM
Great read GB also fuck Stewie - I wouldn't trade 3 dozen of him for one of you, that dude is literally a sociopath. Thanks for the time you take, doing these up.

Simply Red
09-29-2020, 08:41 PM
My words exactly. Well done. Though I think stewie was being facetious at the time.

no he wasn't he's a piece of shit.

Boon
09-29-2020, 09:05 PM
Good job again George. I too am glad yo have continued your write ups.

gblowfish
09-30-2020, 10:29 AM
Great read GB also **** Stewie - I wouldn't trade 3 dozen of him for one of you, that dude is literally a sociopath. Thanks for the time you take, doing these up.

I kid Stewie. Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I don't expect to agree with everyone about everything. That's what makes the CP fun. Just support your viewpoint in a persuasive manner and I'll listen. I'm wrong about stuff occasionally, as are we all.

gblowfish
09-30-2020, 10:30 AM
Mmmmmmm slow cooker mushrooms!!!

Thanks Blowfish!!!

I made a bunch of these for a party pot luck a couple years ago. It was a big 6 quart crock pot. They were GONE in about 15 minutes!

gblowfish
09-30-2020, 10:42 AM
Good write up but I disagree on Clark, he was getting pressure fairly steady throughout the game from what I watched. I re-watched the game last night and watched Clark a bunch. He did bring good pressure to make Jackson either scramble out or throw before he was ready to. The official stat sheet credited him with only one tackle, but I think he was actually in on a couple more in the first quarter. He kind of disappeared in the third quarter, but finished strong. Certainly it would have been much more difficult on our defense had he not played at all, like last week against the Bolts. That may be why the Bolts were able to make a game of it, because they had Bosa, and we didn't have Clark.

Bowser
09-30-2020, 10:48 AM
Great write up as always, George.

This sums up the game rather succinctly, imho

https://static.stereogum.com/uploads/2012/02/Pantera-Vulgar-Display-Of-Power.jpg

tatorhog
09-30-2020, 10:54 AM
The writeups are always great, but after an impressive win over a good team they get just a little bit sweeter.

Thanks for keeping this tradition alive!