PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Could this team run the table?

RaidersOftheCellar
09-29-2020, 06:15 AM
After dominating arguably the toughest game on the schedule...when do they lose?

If I had to bet, I’d probably say that they’ll have an off night and get tripped up by one of the Bills/Saints/Tampa, or overlook a lesser team. But if there were ever a chance to go 16-0, this is it. The talent and coaching is there, and you’re not going to face an intimidating road atmosphere all season.

JD10367
09-29-2020, 06:18 AM
Coming from someone who has to live with "18-1" taunts, my advice is: don't wish for it. It's too much pressure. The 1985 Bears were 15-1. There's no way you're not winning your division and getting the #1 seed and the bye, now that you've knocked off the only real competition for that position in the Ravens. You're better off with a dumb loss in the season to take the pressure off.

cookster50
09-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Could, yes. Will, no. Are we really going to see this same freaking topic after every freaking week this year?

pugsnotdrugs19
09-29-2020, 06:27 AM
Coming from someone who has to live with "18-1" taunts, my advice is: don't wish for it. It's too much pressure. The 1985 Bears were 15-1. There's no way you're not winning your division and getting the #1 seed and the bye, now that you've knocked off the only real competition for that position in the Ravens. You're better off with a dumb loss in the season to take the pressure off.

That’s kinda how I feel.. don’t need any more pressure than there is already as the single team with a bye, if KC gets that.

But if they go 16-0, it’s also hard to bitch.

smithandrew051
Since the Chiefs are 3-0, it’s still possible but not likely.

It’s too easy to have a bad game at the wrong time. I mean, we did JUST win an OT game against a team that won’t make the playoffs.

Deberg_1990

Yes. This. Pats, Bills and Buccaneers are hardest games left. I’m hoping they drop at least 1 loss towards the end of the year, but they are going to have to rest starters for that to happen. The Chiefs are just too talented for most teams.

backinblack
09-29-2020, 06:30 AM
It's the Chiefs way to totally destroy a team like the Ravens where many think it will be a close game, but to struggle and/or lose against a team they have no business losing to, like the Falcons or Panthers.

pugsnotdrugs19
09-29-2020, 06:31 AM
It's the Chiefs way to totally destroy a team like the Ravens where many think it will be a close game, but to struggle and/or lose against a team they have no business losing to, like the Falcons or Panthers.

It won’t be the Raiders, I can assure you that

backinblack
09-29-2020, 06:33 AM
well duh

RaidersOftheCellar
09-29-2020, 06:34 AM
Could, yes. Will, no. Are we really going to see this same freaking topic after every freaking week this year?

I haven’t seen it yet.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
09-29-2020, 06:38 AM
They got cocky last night against a fraud QB. Things started going south quick. Arrogance not good

BlackOp
09-29-2020, 06:38 AM
Since the Chiefs are 3-0, it’s still possible but not likely.

It’s too easy to have a bad game at the wrong time. I mean, we did JUST win an OT game against a team that won’t make the playoffs.

As I said earlier this week in the Ravens thread...Andy absolutely has been playing chess, so far, this season.

There really hadn't been much motion..and just a handful of creative plays through week two.

Last night, he uncorked a lot of amazing play calls. The pitch back to Mahomes...was awesome.

They were sleep walking against the Chargers...which I'm assuming was because they thought Taylor was starting. LA had barely beaten the Bengals the week prior...

Injuries, buying your own hype...overlooking a lesser opponent. KC will still likely lose a couple of games...they lost to Brisset last season.

Undefeated prime Rodgers lost to the 2-14 Chiefs...and went 15-1. That would be like the Jets beating Mahomes this year...

CupidStunt
09-29-2020, 06:40 AM
They're better than every team they play so... of course. But they won't. The NFL doesn't work like that. Look at last week. A couple of those will go against us.

The best thing about last night was KC showing up and clearly wanting to remind people who they are after everyone and their mom picked the Ravens and was slobbering over Lamar. There'll be games where they just don't bring that type of energy. It's human.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2020, 06:41 AM
Bills and Bucs are the best shot at a loss.

Eleazar
09-29-2020, 06:43 AM
It's just not something that happens in the NFL. You drop a game here and there no matter how good you are.

backinblack
09-29-2020, 06:49 AM
Only divisional game I see you guys maybe losing is that last Chargers game, provided you already have your top seeded place in the post season locked in and you are resting the starters. The most likely losses on paper are the Bucs or Bills, both road games, but you'll probably be fine. Any one of the Panthers/Falcons/Saints/Dolphins I think you could lose too despite the fact you should easily handle all of them, for the simple reason "because Chiefs".

14-2 seems right.

BlackOp
09-29-2020, 06:56 AM
If the best team won every game they should...there would be undefeated teams every season. There would 0-16 teams every year also...

Nobody is great everyday.....life doesn't play out like that.

Sometimes the QB catches his own pass for a TD...or has a fumble magically bounce back in hands. *cough*

mililo4cpa
09-29-2020, 06:57 AM
for me, 100% not concerned with that. Run it back, hell yes. A second Super Bowl win cement this team's legacy, so nothing wrong with dropping a game or two along the way in the regular season. In fact, a good beat down at some point in the season is often needed to get the team refocused. And as somebody else said earlier, there's no need for that added pressure.

frozenchief
09-29-2020, 07:01 AM
Bills game will be really tough. Buffalo is playing well but it’s an a away game in Thursday night. No bigger advantage in football than playing at home on Thursday. I would not be surprised to see us lose that one.

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Only divisional game I see you guys maybe losing is that last Chargers game, provided you already have your top seeded place in the post season locked in and you are resting the starters. The most likely losses on paper are the Bucs or Bills, both road games, but you'll probably be fine. Any one of the Panthers/Falcons/Saints/Dolphins I think you could lose too despite the fact you should easily handle all of them, for the simple reason "because Chiefs".

14-2 seems right.

I’m not sure losing to the Saints is quite in “because Chiefs”’territory yet. Saints are on the decline but they’re not in the same category as those other teams.

RaidersOftheCellar
09-29-2020, 07:24 AM
I’d expect a loss or two, but I don’t think the possibility should be dismissed based on the past. Mahomes already has some unprecedented feats under his belt. Time to start thinking that anything is possible.

nychief
09-29-2020, 07:27 AM
Naw. We’ll drop one to the Jets or something stupid.

Chris Meck
09-29-2020, 07:53 AM
I think that IF that were to ever happen again, it would be this team, this season. All the Covid weirdness really screwed teams that had a lot of turnover in players or coaches. We brought nearly everyone back. That's a big advantage. It's nearly impossible though.

BlackOp
09-29-2020, 07:53 AM
Fitzmagic...seems apropos. Chiefs owe him...he was like the 54th man on their SB run.

scho63
09-29-2020, 08:22 AM
CAN we run the table? YES

WILL we run the table? History says no, it is a tough road to always be at peak performance and not have a let down.

Can Steelers get enough pressure on Mahomes? Chargers had our number for almost the whole game.

Could be a shocker with a bad outing.

Injuries are KEY to winning and we are racking up too many. Need to stay healthy.

ROYC75
09-29-2020, 08:37 AM
If the best team won every game they should...there would be undefeated teams every season. There would 0-16 teams every year also...

Nobody is great everyday.....life doesn't play out like that.

Sometimes the QB catches his own pass for a TD...or has a fumble magically bounce back in hands. *cough*

Here here, you act as if this has happened before! *cough cough*

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 09:43 AM
Bills game will be really tough. Buffalo is playing well but it’s an a away game in Thursday night. No bigger advantage in football than playing at home on Thursday. I would not be surprised to see us lose that one.

I don't think Josh Allen is ready to for Patrick Mahomes. He still gets weird under pressure.

Patriots are the next biggest hurdle, and they're a more difficult matchup for the Chiefs than the Ravens were.

BB will adjust his defense, he won't keep throwing blitzes at Mahomes and let his D get burned.

Every team we play this year will have a few Chiefs specific wrinkles, especially the Patriots.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 10:52 AM
NO, NO, NO.

Stop talking about it.

We want to win a Super Bowl. Undefeated talk is curse-worthy.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2020, 02:56 PM
This is a fun watch on this very topic

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qU9VUjF__3o" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>