PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Can we end this silly Darwin Thompson experiment please..

DTVietnam
09-29-2020, 07:05 AM
He had one good preseason . .

im still not over him pausing when he recovered that fumble on the kickoff against the Texans

Deberg_1990
09-29-2020, 07:06 AM
He appears to be ‘the weakest link’

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 07:07 AM
All the memorable plays in his career are only memorable because of his fuck ups. As you mentioned, he couldn’t even do the right thing when he was gifted a highlight.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-29-2020, 07:10 AM
He shit all over the bed and the rest of the team had to clean it up. Huggies just simply wont solve this problem. It's bye bye time.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2020, 07:11 AM
Time to bring up Washington

duncan_idaho
09-29-2020, 07:15 AM
Yeah, they need to upgrade at that RB spot.

Not sure what’s left out there, but I’m sure they can find a PS squad guy they can use as an alternative.

Chief Northman
09-29-2020, 07:23 AM
Washington/Ware

smithandrew051
09-29-2020, 07:37 AM
Can’t believe Washington would be worse.

I think Darwin does some nice things as a runner, but he’s bad on special teams and he almost let the Ravens back in the game with that fumble.

He isn’t worth the roster spot. Can’t wait to get Damien back as our number 2 back next year.

Hydrae
09-29-2020, 07:37 AM
Time to bring up Washington

Switch Darwin with Washington and give him a shot.

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 07:39 AM
That was a career ending game. Can't play much worse than that.

Hoover
09-29-2020, 07:40 AM
Absolutely

Red Dawg
09-29-2020, 07:41 AM
Yes.

Chris Meck
09-29-2020, 07:46 AM
Maybe so. It appears I was wrong.

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2020, 07:47 AM
The swing pass to him was terrible. He cut the route shallow which caused him to turn downfield to catch it and to be tackled for a loss. He just isn’t grasping the concept of the offense whatsoever.

Time to move on.

tyreekthefreak
09-29-2020, 07:56 AM
I've been rooting for him since day 1 but he blew the contain on the kickoff return which led to the TD. When you're that small you can't have as many mental lapses as he does.

DTVietnam
09-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Can’t believe Washington would be worse.

I think Darwin does some nice things as a runner, but he’s bad on special teams and he almost let the Ravens back in the game with that fumble.

He isn’t worth the roster spot. Can’t wait to get Damien back as our number 2 back next year.

we had Damien Williams back today. . you didnt see him????

https://i.ibb.co/y8VnmS1/Whats-App-Image-2020-09-29-at-9-00-56-PM.jpg

scho63
09-29-2020, 08:04 AM
Not one of his best games for sure

ChiefsFanatic
09-29-2020, 08:17 AM
we had Damien Williams back today. . you didnt see him????

https://i.ibb.co/y8VnmS1/Whats-App-Image-2020-09-29-at-9-00-56-PM.jpgThat says Damien Wilson. Am I missing something?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 08:18 AM
I know logistically it would not make sense on many levels (i.e. having to trade for him even with a lower round draft pick and the fact he couldn't play special teams), but trying to acquire Frank Gore from the Jets would be a valuable addition to what this team is currently lacking at RB.

Frank Gore would add a veteran RB in short yardage/goal line situations (CEH is still trying to figure out that part of the game), and also a reliable RB you can give carries to at the end of games with a lead who won't fumble.

alpha_omega
09-29-2020, 08:25 AM
Agreed. I wanted it to work, but i'm ready to move to the next guy.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 08:29 AM
Lamar Miller is still out there, he's at least a vet that'll be competent.

tk13
09-29-2020, 08:36 AM
It's funny because one year ago people were ticked that we weren't giving him a chance to be the starter, now everybody wants him cut.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 08:38 AM
It's funny because one year ago people were ticked that we weren't giving him a chance to be the starter, now everybody wants him cut.

Looking like a bonehead multiple times in a row will do that.

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 08:39 AM

He looked promising during the preseason last year.

royr17
09-29-2020, 08:43 AM
That says Damien Wilson. Am I missing something?

Basically joking saying damien williams is back cause thats a pic of him. Damien Wilson doesn't look like that.

KC Hawks
09-29-2020, 08:44 AM
That says Damien Wilson. Am I missing something?

It's a picture of Damien Williams.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 08:45 AM
I get the fumble is an issue but dude had 2 carries for 11 yards so its not like he isn't doing anything effectively.

gblowfish
09-29-2020, 08:47 AM
The kid had a bad game. So did Buttkicker. I'd cut them both a break this week.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 08:50 AM
To this point Darwin Thompson is having a bad career.

MahiMike
09-29-2020, 08:52 AM
He almost killed us. I was already pissed at the special teams TD. The fumble lost all momentum. Every time they try to throw to him, something happens too. Just a jinxed player.

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 09:00 AM
He's never shown shit as a runner to offset his fuck ups.

dlphg9
09-29-2020, 09:04 AM
So were supposed to cut a guy because he fumbled the ball once? Hes averaging 5.3 ypc on 6 carries this year. You guys are really irrational sometimes.

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 09:06 AM
So were supposed to cut a guy because he fumbled the ball once? Hes averaging 5.3 ypc on 6 carries this year. You guys are really irrational sometimes.

Or maybe because he's a 3rd string back that constantly can't pull his head out of his ass?

You think this animosity is because of one game?

The guy is a constant mistake every time his number is called.

I don't want him cut. The Chiefs are already thin at RB.

I just don't want to see him on the field anymore.

dlphg9
09-29-2020, 09:07 AM
The swing pass to him was terrible. He cut the route shallow which caused him to turn downfield to catch it and to be tackled for a loss. He just isn’t grasping the concept of the offense whatsoever.

Time to move on.

This is just ridiculous and looking for a reason to ridicule a guy.

Youre blaming him for getting destroyed as soon as his hands touched the pass? He can run that wheel route 100 different ways and every time hes getting blown up as soon as he touches the ball.

BigRedChief
09-29-2020, 09:11 AM
And while we are at it, if they ever, ever kick short again, on purpose, we need a firing immediately.

DJ's left nut
09-29-2020, 09:13 AM
I get the fumble is an issue but dude had 2 carries for 11 yards so its not like he isn't doing anything effectively.

He also blew the lane on the kick return (and looked shockingly slow trying to recover on it).

I have to think at this point that you can get him on the PS given the quality of his tape. We have guys like Pringle and Kemp that are still excellent STs, as is DoD.

Just exactly how many guys do we need to carry for special teams prowess? Especially when they're also prone to...whatever that was on the kickoff.

I don't think you fire him into the sun or anything, but I think it's probably time to give Washington an extended look. Thompson was the only reason that game ever got to within a score. Your 3rd string RB doesn't have to bring a lot to the table but he can't be actively taking things off it.

DJ's left nut
09-29-2020, 09:16 AM

Bienemy once threatened to bench peak Jamaal Charles in his first season as RB coach for fumbling.

EB does NOT tolerate fumbles. No RB coaches do, but EB is pretty damn extreme about it.

Ask Bieniemy if he's going to hand-waive it when a guy "fumbled the ball once..."

Mecca
09-29-2020, 09:20 AM
The problem is when CEH comes off the field there is a massive difference, the backup RB's are pedestrian at best.

dlphg9
09-29-2020, 09:20 AM
Bienemy once threatened to bench peak Jamaal Charles in his first season as RB coach for fumbling.

EB does NOT tolerate fumbles. No RB coaches do, but EB is pretty damn extreme about it.

Ask Bieniemy if he's going to hand-waive it when a guy "fumbled the ball once..."

Oh I get it. Name his ass hold onto the football for the whole week. Make him sleep with the thing. Anytime it touches the ground make him run, but its not a reason to release a guy.

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 09:23 AM
Oh I get it. Name his ass hold onto the football for the whole week. Make him sleep with the thing. Anytime it touches the ground make him run, but its not a reason to release a guy.

He shouldnt be on the team next season.

neech
09-29-2020, 09:24 AM
I heard CJ Spiller is available

bobhill
09-29-2020, 09:27 AM
Only reason he is on the team is because he plays special teams

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 09:30 AM
I've only been saying all year that he's garbage, yet people wanted to argue and Downvote me.

Come at me, Bros.

DJ's left nut
09-29-2020, 09:35 AM

But when the guy's your 3rd string RB...you don't need a reason to release a guy, you need a reason to keep him.

His value is theoretically on special teams but man - you're gonna just crank the ball into the end-zone most of the time so his value there is already limited. And as a gunner you have Pringle and Kemp.

There's just so very little utility in the guy and he's so close to the fringes of the roster anyway that yeah - that CAN be the catalyst to letting a guy go. And again, he ain't going anywhere else. You don't slam the door on him.

But Washington's had a more productive NFL career than this guy. Why shouldn't you give him a longer look over Darwin? What's Darwin doing to KEEP his spot on the roster at this point?

DJ's left nut
09-29-2020, 09:36 AM
The problem is when CEH comes off the field there is a massive difference, the backup RB's are pedestrian at best.

My memory is that EB controls the substitutions and Andy calls the plays without really conferring on who's in the game.

I feel like something needs to be adjusted there. Andy's seems no more/less likely to use certain plays based on when Williams/Thompson are in the game. I think that's a mistake.

When the backup RB is in the game, the ball should be in PM's hands.

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 10:04 AM
I've only been saying all year that he's garbage, yet people wanted to argue and Downvote me.

Come at me, Bros.

You were also sucking off DRob a few years ago as being on the verge of having a breakout season. LMAO

Demonpenz
09-29-2020, 10:07 AM
Shady redemption tour time!

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 10:10 AM
I know logistically it would not make sense on many levels (i.e. having to trade for him even with a lower round draft pick and the fact he couldn't play special teams), but trying to acquire Frank Gore from the Jets would be a valuable addition to what this team is currently lacking at RB.

Frank Gore would add a veteran RB in short yardage/goal line situations (CEH is still trying to figure out that part of the game), and also a reliable RB you can give carries to at the end of games with a lead who won't fumble.

The Jets don't want to get rid of Gore. They really want to get rid of Bell and can't.

FloridaMan88

He’s buried on the depth chart in Tampa doing the same holding out the ball with one hand/begging for a turnover shit.

Mahomes_Is_God

Screw that. He might even be worse than Darwin. He carries the ball like a total fuckin moron.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 10:13 AM
The reason Thompson has a roster spot is for ST.

He showed last night (again) that he's a liability there.

The guy should be done at this point.

Like DJ said, you don't need a reason to cut him, you need a reason to KEEP him. There aren't any good reasons at this point. He was individually responsible for 7 points and a turnover.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 10:14 AM
You were also sucking off DRob a few years ago as being on the verge of having a breakout season. LMAO

Well, considering that I didn't post on CP for most of 2017, 2018 and 2019, I think you have me confused with someone else.

I railed against those that said Robinson would get a huge deal this offseason, so as usual, you are wrong.

lcarus
09-29-2020, 10:14 AM
Haha "The Darwin Thompson Experiment". Sounds like a 70s prog rock band or something.

Shields68
09-29-2020, 10:16 AM
But when the guy's your 3rd string RB...you don't need a reason to release a guy, you need a reason to keep him.

His value is theoretically on special teams but man - you're gonna just crank the ball into the end-zone most of the time so his value there is already limited. And as a gunner you have Pringle and Kemp.

There's just so very little utility in the guy and he's so close to the fringes of the roster anyway that yeah - that CAN be the catalyst to letting a guy go. And again, he ain't going anywhere else. You don't slam the door on him.

But Washington's had a more productive NFL career than this guy. Why shouldn't you give him a longer look over Darwin? What's Darwin doing to KEEP his spot on the roster at this point?

Guessing going into the season his value over Washington was on special teams and hoping that he would take a couple steps forward as a RB.

I am guessing they wanted to keep all 4, Williams was the clear backup. Probably guessed that Darwin would not clear waivers or take a practice squad deal with KC while Wshington would.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 10:17 AM

Kindly go FUCK YOURSELF. From April 2017. Your memory SUCKS more than your shitty football takes.

More horseshit from our resident 5'3, 130 pound moron.

To counter, the Chiefs needed a 5 tech and a receiver. Wilson, DAT and Robinson are garbage. It's about time Dorsey steps up and drafts some real talent for, presumably, Mahomes.

BigCatDaddy
09-29-2020, 10:20 AM
The Jets don't want to get rid of Gore. They really want to get rid of Bell and can't.

I'm out on Gore. I'd look at Washington, Powell or Miller first.

Demonpenz
09-29-2020, 10:22 AM
Screw that. He might even be worse than Darwin. He carries the ball like a total fuckin moron.

Gale Sayers carried it the same way sometimes. It is a moran move tho

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 10:23 AM
You were also sucking off DRob a few years ago as being on the verge of having a breakout season.

I can do this ALL DAY, you sawed off piece of shit

What's Robinson worth on the open market? His numbers don't even match Chris Conley's, who tore an ACL the year prior to hitting free agency and was always injured and missing games. Conley's deal was only $4.5 million over two years.

I've never been a fan of Robinson, as he's always been more smoke than fire. But maybe he'll light it up in the Super Bowl and cause some team to overpay for his services.

Otherwise, I'd expect him to be dirt cheap.

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 10:24 AM
He’s buried on the depth chart in Tampa doing the same holding out the ball with one hand/begging for a turnover shit.

Dropped an easy TD pass from Brady a couple weeks ago. That’ll get you benched

Eleazar
09-29-2020, 10:28 AM
He was always a gadget player at best. You need to at least be a good special teamer if you are that.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-29-2020, 10:32 AM
Maybe he needs more carries so he can get some rhythm

Skyy God
09-29-2020, 10:35 AM

Shut your whore mouth.

DaneMcCloud

Dude, he has zero vision, no situational awareness, no burst, no top end speed (4.55), no "second gear", no power and no elusiveness.

The only reason I can figure he's on the roster is because Andy Reid is partial to guys from Utah.

He's worthless.

Hammock Parties
One fumble and suddenly you want to cut him.

He's a good #2 back. STFU

fan4ever
09-29-2020, 10:37 AM
I'm with a majority of folks on this thread; keep him because we're thin but don't let him touch the ball unless it's absolutely necessary.

Hammock Parties
I can't believe ANYONE would poo poo D-Train after he made one of the biggest plays in Chiefs playoff history last year.

SHAME ON YOU.

Pocket Hercules has a place in LEGEND.

DaneMcCloud
He was always a gadget player at best. You need to at least be a good special teamer if you are that.

To be a "Gadget" player, one needs to have speed.

Thompson is a 4.55 guy that looks like he's a 4.85 guy on the field.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 10:38 AM

LMAO

There's that awesome personnel evaluation in action.

The dude wouldn't start in the Big 12 and shouldn't even be on an Active NFL roster.

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Dude, he has zero vision, no situational awareness, no burst, no top end speed (4.55), no "second gear", no power and no elusiveness.

The only reason I can figure he's on the roster is because Andy Reid is partial to guys from Utah.

He's worthless.

I think he's a Beinemy guy. I remember chatter last season, before he got into games, about Reid having to be convinced that he deserved to be out there. He has guys in the coaching staff pining for him that aren't Reid.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Since Andy keeps giving him touches I'll stick with that.

One fumble in 50+ career touches oh noes

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 10:40 AM
LMAO After the fumble I never saw him again, even when CEH was running on fumes.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 10:41 AM
I could live with Thompson if he was like D-Rob, yes D-Rob fucks up but he also has some long ass TDs a few big games and some massive plays, Thompson has all the fuckups without any reward.

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 10:41 AM
I can't believe ANYONE would poo poo D-Train after he made one of the biggest plays in Chiefs playoff history last year.

SHAME ON YOU.

Pocket Hercules has a place in LEGEND.

You mean when Daniel Sorenson made one of the biggest plays in Chiefs playoff history and the ball bounced right into Thompson's hands and he stood there like a dumbass because after nearly an entire season in the Pros he STILL wasn't clear on the rules?

THAT play?

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 10:42 AM
LMAO After the fumble I never saw him again, even when CEH was running on fumes.

Yup.

Hopefully we dont see him ever again.

RealSNR

If he's that kind of player, then Ubeja thinks he's a better RB than CEH.

ModSocks

One fumble in 50+ career touches oh noes

It's not Andy, it's Beinemy.

ping2000
Larry Johnson may be available.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-29-2020, 10:43 AM

He is not touching the ball ever again. He single-handedly kept the Ravens in the game.

Titty Meat
09-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Hes not even good on special teams

Hammock Parties
09-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Classic DumbassPlanet knee jerk over-reaction.

From the same crowd who brought you "Frank Clark Fucking Sucks."

Nothing changes.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 10:49 AM

Nothing changes.

LMAO

I've been saying all year long that Thompson should have been cut. I was also the guy that said the Chiefs needed to draft a running back early, in the 1st round if necessary, yet the usual CP Geniouses said that the Chiefs were fine. One dope even went as far as to say that Mahomes "doesn't NEED a running game".

LMAO

You're dead wrong, Dude. And this is not a hill worth dying upon because Thompson has been garbage since Day One.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 10:52 AM

Nothing changes.

We have close to a year and a half of him being shitty man.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-29-2020, 10:52 AM

From the same crowd who brought you "Frank Clark ****ing Sucks."

Nothing changes.

Fumbling is sloppy play. Sloppy play leads to being on the wrong side of an ass kicking. Need I remind you that we lost to GB last year because our idiotic RB had butter fingers, and just last night literally the same damn thing almost happened.

Eleazar
09-29-2020, 10:53 AM
He is not touching the ball ever again. He single-handedly kept the Ravens in the game.

If there were an advanced metric like they have in baseball for how many points he produces over a league average replacement player, he'd be in the negative.

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 10:53 AM

Nothing changes.
LMAO

RealSNR
09-29-2020, 10:54 AM

From the same crowd who brought you "Frank Clark ****ing Sucks."

Nothing changes.

Darwin's got a learning disorder or something. I trust the coaching staff to be patient with talent (or what is perceived as talent), but you know if he has many more screw-ups that they're not going to entrust a spot on the roster to somebody who can't just do his damn job.

OKchiefs
09-29-2020, 10:57 AM

Based on what? He's never shown anything.

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 10:58 AM
There has to be some FA's RB's out there better than either of our backups.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 11:00 AM
I could live with Thompson if he was like D-Rob, yes D-Rob fucks up but he also has some long ass TDs a few big games and some massive plays, Thompson has all the fuckups without any reward.

Exactly.

RealSNR
09-29-2020, 11:01 AM

What's wrong with Darrel Williams? He's been fine.

Again, people... temper your expectations. These are depth RBs, not starters. Not everybody is going to be Barry Sanders.

Hammock Parties
09-29-2020, 11:01 AM
We have close to a year and a half of him being shitty man.

Wrong. He looked GREAT in that Raiders game last year and is averaging over 5 YPC this season.

One fumble and you all lose your fucking minds.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 11:02 AM
You mean when Daniel Sorenson made one of the biggest plays in Chiefs playoff history and the ball bounced right into Thompson's hands and he stood there like a dumbass because after nearly an entire season in the Pros he STILL wasn't clear on the rules?

THAT play?

Exactly.

He's here to play ST and he's not even really good at that. He was personally responsible for giving up a return TD.

He has no value at this point.

Deberg_1990
09-29-2020, 11:02 AM
LMAO

I've been saying all year long that Thompson should have been cut. I was also the guy that said the Chiefs needed to draft a running back early, in the 1st round if necessary, yet the usual CP Geniouses said that the Chiefs were fine. One dope even went as far as to say that Mahomes "doesn't NEED a running game".

LMAO

You're dead wrong, Dude. And this is not a hill worth dying upon because Thompson has been garbage since Day One.

If CEH goes down we are in trouble. He’s really helped control the flow of the game. I don’t want Mahomes dropping back 50+ times a game.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 11:04 AM

He's slow but other than that, he's fine as a 3rd RB.

Not a real fan of him as #2 but it is what it is right now.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 11:04 AM
In his time playing I've seen Darwin Thompson basically single handily give the Ravens 14 points in a game, I've see him let a check down pass hit him right in the ass cause he didn't turn around...and this list can continue but I don't want to keep typing about it.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 11:05 AM
At this point just sign Lamar Miller, he's at least a professional that can pick up a blitz and catch dump off passes and play his assignments properly.

Mahomes_Is_God
09-29-2020, 11:05 AM
Wrong. He looked GREAT in that Raiders game last year and is averaging over 5 YPC this season.

One fumble and you all lose your ****ing minds.

That's the Raiders. A pee wee football team would look impressive against the Raiders.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 11:06 AM

Like Dane, I've wanted Thompson gone long before last night.

Last night was just validation.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 11:06 AM
If CEH goes down we are in trouble. He’s really helped control the flow of the game. I don’t want Mahomes dropping back 50+ times a game.

I've been saying this since Damien Williams opted out.

There have been some really great threads and discussion about who the Chiefs should target, whether it's a current Practice Squad guy or a guy stuck on a current 53, but this position needs to be addressed soon and before it becomes a serious problem.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 11:07 AM
The Chiefs have to know, they didn't talk with Fournette and Peterson for no reason.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 11:07 AM

Holy shit.

Wow, Darwin Award Thompson looked "GREAT" (LMAO) in a game the Chiefs won 40-9. Whoda thunk.

And if you think this is the first time Thompson has been discussed, then you haven't been paying attention in the Lounge.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 11:08 AM

There have been some really great threads and discussion about who the Chiefs should target, whether it's a current Practice Squad guy or a guy stuck on a current 53, but this position needs to be addressed soon and before it becomes a serious problem.

Yep.

We need a better backup.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 11:09 AM
The Chiefs have to know, they didn't talk with Fournette and Peterson for no reason.

If the Chiefs had signed Fournette, a Super Bowl would have been guaranteed and maybe, 16-0 as well.

I would have preferred Damien Williams but Fournette could have got it done, too.

Bowser
09-29-2020, 11:10 AM
I guess at this point the question becomes what do the Chiefs see in DeAndre Washington that they DON'T like as compared to Thompson?

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 11:10 AM

Again, people... temper your expectations. These are depth RBs, not starters. Not everybody is going to be Barry Sanders.

He is slow and in short yardage he really isn't that good. I wouldn't worry about it if Damien was here as he wouldn't get the ball hardly at all but now...ugh both our backups really suck ass. I worry about CEH's workload.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 11:12 AM
I guess at this point the question becomes what do the Chiefs see in DeAndre Washington that they DON'T like as compared to Thompson?

That has been my question since they put Washington on the practice squad. The guy must really suck to be behind Thompson and Williams.

ChiefBlueCFC
09-29-2020, 11:12 AM
I was optimistic for him to be a good back with us, especially with Andy's reputation with RBs... but he doesn't seem to offer a whole lot

Deberg_1990
09-29-2020, 11:13 AM

Yea, and Devonte Freeman signed with the Giants....I guess he doesnt care about getting a ring.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 11:15 AM
So I looked at everyone's practice squad and realize the Giants have the best named RB on any PS...

Dude's name is Sandro Platzgummer.

dirk digler
Yea, and Devonte Freeman signed with the Giants....I guess he doesnt care about getting a ring.

If the rumors are true we talked to Peterson I don't understand why he wouldn't jump at a chance to play here but I guess he doesn't care about winning either.

Mecca

He never did, he wanted money and carries.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 11:16 AM
If the rumors are true we talked to Peterson I don't understand why he wouldn't jump at a chance to play here but I guess he doesn't care about winning either.

Because we told him after week 1 so his contract wouldn't be guaranteed, the Lions signed him before week 1 so his full year is guaranteed so he took that instead.

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 11:19 AM
Because we told him after week 1 so his contract wouldn't be guaranteed, the Lions signed him before week 1 so his full year is guaranteed so he took that instead.

and? SB team or Detroit Lions...that is a tough choice.

RealSNR
09-29-2020, 11:30 AM
He is slow and in short yardage he really isn't that good. I wouldn't worry about it if Damien was here as he wouldn't get the ball hardly at all but now...ugh both our backups really suck ass. I worry about CEH's workload.

When has Darrel ever come up short in short yardage? I honestly can't recall any time when he got the carry in short yardage with us needing to convert (3rd or 4th down) and he didn't come through.

Hell, I used to be a Darrel Williams hater back when people went stupid about Carlos Hyde in the 2019 preseason. He's a backup for a reason. He's not a starter. But he does fine in the role we ask him to do.

You know, sometimes it's okay to just have players on your roster who get the job done without any extra icing on the cake. Every Super Bowl roster has a few of those players. It just so happens we have one of them as RB depth. He's not starter quality, but when he's on the field, he doesn't mess anything up and usually does just enough to set up his teammates to make the big plays.

I'm fine with upgrading in the offseason. Hell, I'm fine upgrading during the season if we come across a much better player somewhere. I'm not married to the guy. But it's false to say he hasn't been good enough.

RealSNR
09-29-2020, 11:32 AM
and? SB team or Detroit Lions...that is a tough choice.

AP isn't exactly what one would call "good with money" let's just say. He probably needs the cash. Like... a lot.

lcarus
09-29-2020, 11:35 AM
When has Darrel ever come up short in short yardage? I honestly can't recall any time when he got the carry in short yardage with us needing to convert (3rd or 4th down) and he didn't come through.

Didn't he get the 3rd down carry before the 4th down where Sherman didn't make it? I actually thought Williams got the first down on his carry but it was close.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 11:47 AM

Me thinks Chief's fans have become just a wee bit spoiled at this point.

Its not that Darwin is so bad, its just that the other talent around him is so good it makes the mediocre to average guys look worse than they really are.

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 11:56 AM

Hell, I used to be a Darrel Williams hater back when people went stupid about Carlos Hyde in the 2019 preseason. He's a backup for a reason. He's not a starter. But he does fine in the role we ask him to do.

You know, sometimes it's okay to just have players on your roster who get the job done without any extra icing on the cake. Every Super Bowl roster has a few of those players. It just so happens we have one of them as RB depth. He's not starter quality, but when he's on the field, he doesn't mess anything up and usually does just enough to set up his teammates to make the big plays.

I'm fine with upgrading in the offseason. Hell, I'm fine upgrading during the season if we come across a much better player somewhere. I'm not married to the guy. But it's false to say he hasn't been good enough.

I am pretty sure he hasn't converted on short yardage but in fairness we aren't the best at it and even CEH has struggled a little. Like I said if he wasn't our 2nd option I wouldn't care much but I think we need someone better to spell CEH. He is good at pass blocking though which is very valuable.

RealSNR
09-29-2020, 11:56 AM

Its not that Darwin is so bad, its just that the other talent around him is so good it makes the mediocre to average guys look worse than they really are.

I wouldn't have any problem with mediocre. Darrell Williams is mediocre. It's not good, but it's also not bad.

Darwin was bad last night. When you're at the back end of the roster like that, your #1 job is to do no harm.

mdchiefsfan
09-29-2020, 11:58 AM
This is just ridiculous and looking for a reason to ridicule a guy.

Youre blaming him for getting destroyed as soon as his hands touched the pass? He can run that wheel route 100 different ways and every time hes getting blown up as soon as he touches the ball.

Nah. If he caught that ball over his left shoulder instead of his right, he continues momentum and possibly out runs the defender to the boundary.

Would he have gained much? No. Was it apparent he wasn’t where he should’ve been? Yes.

Rain Man
09-29-2020, 12:05 PM

He just needs to make his next loan payment. Our big risk in signing him would be that the loan sharks would break his leg before a game.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2020, 12:08 PM
Why was Darrell delegated to third string?? Thompson should never see the field again and Washington needs to be brought up. If Damian Williams didn’t opt out this year, Darwin wouldn’t be on the team

lcarus
09-29-2020, 12:12 PM
The Darwin Thompson experiment is showing....ehrrrr.....underwhelming results....but results nonetheless.

https://media.tenor.com/images/3d7f8fe09e488b62cf2ab6c033a6ed20/raw

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 12:13 PM
Why was Darrell delegated to third string?? Thompson should never see the field again and Washington needs to be brought up. If Damian Williams didn’t opt out this year, Darwin wouldn’t be on the team

Darrel Williams has been dealing with an injury, probably the reason.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 12:14 PM

LMAO

MarCLUELESS strikes again!

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 12:16 PM

And forgotten with the fumble is the fact that Darwin had a pretty good 11 yard run on that play.

No one is suggesting that Darwin is going to be a superstar RB, but he did show legit speed/playmaking ability during the preseason last year when given carries.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 12:17 PM

Absolutely not. Gore doesn't play special teams.

Eleazar
09-29-2020, 12:18 PM
He just needs to make his next loan payment. Our big risk in signing him would be that the loan sharks would break his leg before a game.

I wouldn't mind seeing him ride a camel down the tunnel into the stadium though.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 12:19 PM

He got one of the first downs that helped seal the game last night, didn't he?

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 12:21 PM

You know who'd look great out there as a backup? Kareem Hunt. Just imagine him in this offense. He'd be the perfect fit. Wonder what the Browns would have to get to trade him? I'd guess a third rounder at least. Teams simply don't give away talent like that.

chinaski
09-29-2020, 12:22 PM
Darwin Thompsons initials are DT, which stands for Deep Throat, Drunk Tank or Development Testing.

If his name was Thompson Darwin, his initials would be TD.

There's the problem right there. Thank you very much.

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 12:23 PM
You know who'd look great out there as a backup? Kareem Hunt. Just imagine him in this offense. He'd be the perfect fit. Wonder what the Browns would have to get to trade him? I'd guess a third rounder at least. Teams simply don't give away talent like that.
Haha, you're STILL on about that?!?

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 12:25 PM

;)

Pants
09-29-2020, 12:28 PM
Keep fucking doubting Pocket Hercules.

You call yourselves fans? Fairweather, front-running pussies.

ChiefRocka
09-29-2020, 12:29 PM
Not big enough for what we need at #2, especially if we're too pussy to sneak Mahomes the rest of his career

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 12:32 PM
LMAO

MarCLUELESS strikes again!

Clueless would be believing there are better free agent running backs available than Darwin.

Last week (vs LA) he carried the ball 4 times for a 5.3 yard average, last night he had 2 carries for 11 yards.

Its not like he is end of his career LJ or something.

He has mental lapses for sure but people like who thinks he shouldn't even be on the team are stupid.

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 12:32 PM

AP running on one leg is better than Darwin and Darrel running on both of theirs. :)

ModSocks
09-29-2020, 12:35 PM
There's no reason Thompson should be taking snaps from Williams. I know a lot of people don't like Darrell Williams but he's a competent back that always churning forward and doesn't make boneheaded plays.

He may not be flashy or particularly explosive but he's reliable.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 12:37 PM
Clueless would be believing there are better free agent running backs available than Darwin.

Last week (vs LA) he carried the ball 4 times for a 5.3 yard average, last night he had 2 carries for 11 yards.

Its not like he is end of his career LJ or something.

He has mental lapses for sure but people like who thinks he shouldn't even be on the team are stupid.

His "mental lapses" literally were the only reason the Ravens were in the game last night, as was said before if football had a WAR score his would be like -15 for this season.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 12:37 PM

Who said there were better running backs available right now in free agency?

Moving the goalposts is your specialty, MarCLUELESS.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 12:38 PM

You're fucking stupid and prove it every fucking day.

Kudos, Moron

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 12:39 PM
His "mental lapses" literally were the only reason the Ravens were in the game last night, as was said before if football had a WAR score his would be like -15 for this season.

The guy sucks ass, period.

If people can't see that, they're either not paying attention or don't football worth a shit.

He's a 4.55 guy that looks like a 4.8 guy on the field.

KChiefs1
09-29-2020, 12:50 PM
He's only on the team because of Toub.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Who said there were better running backs available right now in free agency?

Moving the goalposts is your specialty, MarCLUELESS.

Good grief you are a ****ing insufferable **** who is wrong as usual.

The ****ing post I originally responded to moron. Now go eat another bag of dicks you smarmy prick.

Mecca
09-29-2020, 12:52 PM
Lamar Miller is a FA, he'd be an upgrade and don't act like he wouldn't be.

KChiefs1
09-29-2020, 12:52 PM

He has to play special teams.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 12:54 PM

The ****ing post I originally responded to moron. Now go eat another bag of dicks you smarmy prick.

Just shut the fuck up and get back to sucking off Scott Pioli.

I'm done with sitting back and watching you constantly spewing horseshit from your ass on a daily basis without being called out for your RAMPANT dumbassery.

Thompson SUCKS. He's slow, he has no vision, no moves, no power - nothing.

He's ALMOST as worthless as you, Buttfuck.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:00 PM
Just shut the **** up.

I'm done with sitting back and watching you constantly spew the horseshit that spews from your ass on a daily basis without being called out for your RAMPANT dumbassery.

Thompson SUCKS. He's slow, he has no vision, no moves, no power - nothing.

He's ALMOST as worthless as you, Butt****.

I really don't know if there is a better thread to show how much of a truly insufferable piece of shit human being you really are, and always have been, but I do enjoy when you decide to show it to everyone.

Only an absolute lunatic nutjob would lose their shit over another persons opinion of Darwin Thompson. But then again I lowered myself to your ****ing gutter so that's for sure my bad.

But you do you and keep showing everyone how much of a worthless prick you really are.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:01 PM

Obviously he is much better considering the RB rich Patriots cut him this year.

DaneMcCloud
I really don't know if there is a better thread to show how much of a truly insufferable piece of shit human being you really are, and always have been, but I do enjoy when you decide to show it to everyone.
Only an absolute lunatic nutjob would lose their shit over another persons opinion of Darwin Thompson. But then again I lowered myself to your ****ing gutter so that's for sure my bad.

But you do you and keep showing everyone how much of a worthless prick you really are.

LMAO

Fuck off, Marclueless. It's hilarious that you believe that ANYONE gives a flying fuck about you or your opinions.

And ask anyone in the Media Forum about my "worth" here on Chiefsplanet, Buttfuck but we all know that your value is -279 on a good day.

Mecca
I mean Darwin Thompson basically caused a 17 point swing last night, he's not really defendable now, a 3rd string RB doing that is a cuttable offense.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:02 PM
LMAO

**** off, Marclueless. It's hilarious that you believe that ANYONE gives a flying **** about you or your opinions.

https://media.giphy.com/media/MGmnFOZRFRo4w/giphy.gif

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 01:03 PM

Wow, how unsurprising that you have no idea that your net value on CP is far less than ZERO.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 01:04 PM
I mean Darwin Thompson basically caused a 17 point swing last night, he's not really defendable now, a 3rd string RB doing that is a cuttable offense.

Nah man, he's valuable. Just ask MarCLUELESS.

He has Scott Pioli on speed dial.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:07 PM
Wow, how unsurprising that you have no idea that your net value on CP is far less than ZERO.

Says the guy who ran away and hid what 3 times so far in your history here at CP because you couldn't handle shit?

Dude you are mentally weak and prove it regularly. You cant keep your emotions in check, you are emotionally and mentally fragile. This thread is a perfect example of it. You need help, again.

http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0010/60778/MHS_Helpline2.png

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 01:26 PM
And forgotten with the fumble is the fact that Darwin had a pretty good 11 yard run on that play.

No one is suggesting that Darwin is going to be a superstar RB, but he did show legit speed/playmaking ability during the preseason last year when given carries.

Here's the thing.

His spot on this team is really to play ST. The only reason they put him on the squad over Washington is to play ST.

And he's not that great at ST. One 11-yard carry doesn't make it worth it when he can't do his primary job and he's arguably a liability at his secondary job.

dirk digler
09-29-2020, 01:37 PM

In fairness to me I was just thinking out aloud because these guys suck ass.

I fully admit I am probably a little bit spoiled though. These team is built on speed and we roll out Darrel who probably runs an 8 sec 40

:)

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 01:44 PM
Here's the thing.

His spot on this team is really to play ST. The only reason they put him on the squad over Washington is to play ST.

And he's not that great at ST. One 11-yard carry doesn't make it worth it when he can't do his primary job and he's arguably a liability at his secondary job.

EB and Andy Reid obviously felt he was better at both of those roles than DeAndre Washington who was his primary competition for that third RB position.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 01:45 PM
EB and Andy Reid obviously felt he was better at both of those roles than DeAndre Washington who was his primary competition for that third RB position.

Washington doesn't play ST. It's pretty much that simple.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:47 PM

Darwin had arguably his worst game as a Chief last night with the ST blunder and the fumble, but it seems a bit early to be calling for his head. :shrug:

Pants
09-29-2020, 01:48 PM
None of you naysayers are allowed to suck Darwin's dick when breaks out as the premier 3rd string RB in the league.

TRR
LMAO

**** off, Marclueless. It's hilarious that you believe that ANYONE gives a flying **** about you or your opinions.

And ask anyone in the Media Forum about my "worth" here on Chiefsplanet, Butt**** but we all know that your value is -279 on a good day.

LMAO

Your worth in the Media Forum...

LMAO

FloridaMan88

If they felt Washington was significantly better than Darwin as a RB, they would have found a way to replace Darwin on special teams and kept Washington as the third RB regardless of his ability to play special teams.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 01:49 PM
Darwin had arguably his worst game as a Chief last night with the ST blunder and the fumble, but it seems a bit early to be calling for his head. :shrug:

He's a 3rd string RB. Like DJ and I said previously, it's not about finding reasons to get rid of him, it's about finding reasons to keep him.

He made ST mistakes prior to last night and that's his primary job.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 01:50 PM
If they felt Washington was significantly better than Darwin as a RB, they would have found a way to replace Darwin on special teams and kept Washington as the third RB regardless of his ability to play special teams.

And take up two roster spots?

It isn't as simple as you make it sound.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 01:51 PM
He's a 3rd string RB. Like DJ and I said previously, it's not about finding reasons to get rid of him, it's about finding reasons to keep him.

He made ST mistakes prior to last night and that's his primary job.

He seemed to be the #2 RB before he fumbled.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 01:51 PM

And for the record, I'm not a Washington fan. I've said all along that if he couldn't beat out Thompson, he's probably worthless.

They clearly need somebody that's not already on the roster.

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 01:57 PM

I swear that 10 years and 7 titles from now, people will still be bemoaning not having Kareem Hunt.

FloridaMan88
09-29-2020, 02:15 PM
Just a reminder from last year's preseason...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">According to <a href="https://twitter.com/TheAthleticKC?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TheAthleticKC</a>’s Nate Taylor, Darwin Thompson has taken over the #2 RB spot in KC<br><br>Thompson had the #1 Elusive Rating in NCAA last season (75+ touches) with a 176.6 rating, and his 172.2 Elusive Rating is 3rd in the 2019 Preseason (10+ touches)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> <a href="https://t.co/a2S48fjkTP">https://t.co/a2S48fjkTP</a></p>&mdash; PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_Chiefs/status/1164351716281786374?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 22, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 02:18 PM
Of course he looked good in the NCAA, he played far inferior competition.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 03:07 PM
Says the guy who ran away and hid what 3 times so far in your history here at CP because you couldn't handle shit?

Dude you are mentally weak and prove it regularly. You cant keep your emotions in check, you are emotionally and mentally fragile. This thread is a perfect example of it. You need help, again.

http://www.dhhs.tas.gov.au/__data/assets/image/0010/60778/MHS_Helpline2.png

LMAO

I don't need help because you're fucking stupid but as usual, everything goes right over that empty head of yours.

You're small town punkass bitch and NEVER right about, well, ANYTHING.

Now, get back to sucking off Scott Pioli because that's what you do best on CP.

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 03:13 PM
I swear that 10 years and 7 titles from now, people will still be bemoaning not having Kareem Hunt.

Is he better or worse than Darwin?

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 03:52 PM
LMAO

I don't need help because you're ****ing stupid but as usual, everything goes right over that empty head of yours.

You're small town punkass bitch and NEVER right about, well, ANYTHING.

Now, get back to sucking off Scott Pioli because that's what you do best on CP.

You don't need help but you have sent me 2 profanity laced tirades to my PM's over Darwin Thompson?

LMAO keep sending them I am laughing my ass off at your pathetic ass. You seem all worked up over some small town loser LMAO

Edit: oh shit make it 3 you just sent me another one LMAO

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 03:54 PM
You don't need help but you have sent me 2 profanity laced tirades to my PM's over Darwin Thompson?

LMAO keep sending them I am laughing my ass off at your pathetic ass. You seem all worked up over some small town loser LMAO

Yeah, that's right, because I don't like bringing your fucking bullshit into the Lounge.

If you had a football IQ of 10, this wouldn't even be an issue but you're dumb as fuck and not only double down, you've quadrupled down on dumbassery.

Kudos, MarCLUELESS. Kudos.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that's right, because I don't like bringing your ****ing bullshit into the Lounge.

If you had a football IQ of 10, this wouldn't even be an issue but you're dumb as **** and not only double down, you've quadrupled down on dumbassery.

Kudos, MarCLUELESS. Kudos.

I didn't start this dipshit YOU did. LMAO You jumped into a conversation not even involving you with one of your profanity laced insults and haven't stopped since.

Send me another PM man I am dying over here.

DaneMcCloud
09-29-2020, 03:57 PM
I didn't start this dipshit YOU did. LMAO You jumped into a conversation with one of your profanity laced insults and haven't stopped since.

Send me another PM man I am dying over here.

You're so fucking stupid that you just claimed it was MONDAY

LMAO

Keep on keepin' on, MarCLUELESS.

Sassy Squatch
09-29-2020, 04:14 PM
LMAO

Halfcan
09-29-2020, 04:27 PM
Shit got real in this thread.

Marcellus
09-29-2020, 04:38 PM
Shit got real in this thread.

I’ve literally been laughing my ass off at his PMs. Who gets this deranged over Darwin Thompson?

Easy 6
09-29-2020, 05:37 PM
I don't hate him as much as some, but won't defend him like others

That said, the 2 spot is clearly a wart that needs zapped IMO

Certainly cant hate on his motivation for doing so, but dammit man... that backfield would've been just FINE if Williams hadn't opted out to take care of his mom

If any GM in the NFL has the acumen to find a suitable FA, its Veach... and I'd bet good money he's scouring his notes right now

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 06:11 PM

Why does it matter?

He'd still be here if he wasn't so dumb.

Easy 6
09-29-2020, 06:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PSoOFn3wQV4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Why Not?
09-29-2020, 06:27 PM

That argument can be made about 95% of running backs currently in the league. In the seasons post Hunt being a Chief we’ve made it to the AFC championship game, won a SB and started our defense at 3-0.

Hunt has beasted against the Bengals and Redskins and whomever else he did well against for his shit, underperforming team in 2019.

I’ll take our end of that any day. Especially since Hunt here probably means no CEH.

kccrow
09-29-2020, 06:35 PM
The kid sucks. Should have been a cut at the deadline.

Reerun_KC
09-29-2020, 06:52 PM
This thread had burst.

DTVietnam
09-29-2020, 09:01 PM
hes not the sharpest tool

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Darwin Thompson on the Kickoff Fumble recovery: “I was like ‘Can I run with this?’ and I was like, ‘Yeah I can let’s go.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> <a href="https://t.co/YkvKIBHKqA">pic.twitter.com/YkvKIBHKqA</a></p>&mdash; Harold R. Kuntz (@HaroldRKuntz3) <a href="https://twitter.com/HaroldRKuntz3/status/1216524557407965184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 13, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 09:10 PM
Why does it matter?

He'd still be here if he wasn't so dumb.True. Clark really ****ed that up.

Super Bowl, fortunately, more than makes up for it.

New World Order
09-29-2020, 09:20 PM
We just need a backup running back that can pick up a few yards and not turn the ball over.

htismaqe
09-29-2020, 09:41 PM
True. Clark really ****ed that up.

Kareem is the only one who fucked up. Multiple times.

I can't believe you're still riding that horse.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2020, 09:07 AM
You can cut him and Pringle and not lose a thing

Pasta Little Brioni
09-30-2020, 09:08 AM
True. Clark really ****ed that up.

Keep fucking that chicken. You are wrong...

ping2000
09-30-2020, 09:28 AM
Bring back Marcus Allen for short yardage.

FlorentinePogen
09-30-2020, 11:14 AM
What's Jackie Battle up to? Give McCluster a call? Seriously though I was surprised that Washington didn't beat Darwin for the roster spot this summer; maybe it's a limited camp 2020 thing.

htismaqe
09-30-2020, 11:25 AM
What's Jackie Battle up to? Give McCluster a call? Seriously though I was surprised that Washington didn't beat Darwin for the roster spot this summer; maybe it's a limited camp 2020 thing.

Washington doesn't play ST, that's more likely it.