PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs In depth look at the sneaky Fisher TD

RunKC
09-29-2020, 09:03 PM
This was pretty cool to see how coordinated it was. That wall of guys hiding Fish when he was telling the officials he was an eligible receiver. I know they have to announce it but it seemed very coordinated.

Then Fish using Pat’s towel to get his hands ready was the chefs kiss ROFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We had a FAT GUY TOUCHDOWN last night by Eric Fisher. I was curious how Fisher was able to report eligible without the Ravens knowing. <a href="https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@danorlovsky7</a> does an excellent breakdown of how it happened and also Fisher using the towel to dry his hands 😂😂. Y’all must watch this <a href="https://t.co/JcXEEBkox0">pic.twitter.com/JcXEEBkox0</a></p>&mdash; Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) <a href="https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1311051549611884545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-29-2020, 09:05 PM
Chiefs havnt lost a game Fisher has started since the AFC Championship game in 2018

TribalElder
09-29-2020, 09:07 PM
wow, great info

Pitt Gorilla
09-29-2020, 09:09 PM
BTW, if that HAD been a run to the left, it's an easy TD.

wazu
09-29-2020, 09:42 PM
Love it! Reid just doesn’t run out of tricks. And his tricks set up other tricks. Must be mentally exhausting to prepare for and play against.

Dante84
09-29-2020, 09:50 PM
This is the small detail shit that the Patriots did for years.

We are operating on another level right now.

eDave
09-29-2020, 09:55 PM
I can't remember, did Harbaugh question it then realize he got punked?

Simply Red
09-29-2020, 09:58 PM
good job run

EPodolak
09-29-2020, 09:59 PM
Impressive how many different offensive plays, and oddities, this team has been able to execute and master.

Baby Lee
09-29-2020, 10:04 PM
look at the sneaky Fisher TD

Much better than the fishy sneaker TD.

Halfcan
09-29-2020, 10:16 PM
Once Fisher reported- The Ravens should have taken a time out to figure out what was going on. They didn't and just went with run. They got burned.

ChiefsFanatic
09-30-2020, 03:56 AM
This was pretty cool to see how coordinated it was. That wall of guys hiding Fish when he was telling the officials he was an eligible receiver. I know they have to announce it but it seemed very coordinated.

Then Fish using Pat’s towel to get his hands ready was the chefs kiss ROFL

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We had a FAT GUY TOUCHDOWN last night by Eric Fisher. I was curious how Fisher was able to report eligible without the Ravens knowing. <a href="https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@danorlovsky7</a> does an excellent breakdown of how it happened and also Fisher using the towel to dry his hands [emoji23][emoji23]. Y’all must watch this <a href="https://t.co/JcXEEBkox0">pic.twitter.com/JcXEEBkox0</a></p>— Geoff Schwartz (@geoffschwartz) <a href="https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1311051549611884545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 29, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>OMFG. The people commenting on that Tweet are dumb AF. The official informed the defense that 72 was an eligible receiver.

The people commenting think the officials didn't tell the Ravens that an ineligible player had reported as eligible, and we scored only because the official failed to do his job, therefore cheating the Ravens by creating an unfair advantage for our offense.

If John Harbaugh thought we scored a TD with a pass to an offensive linemen, because the official failed to inform the defense he reported as eligible, he would have had a stroke or aneurysm on National television.

Also, near the goal line, or on 3rd or 4th down with a yard or two to go, teams will often have an extra offensive lineman report as eligible to allow them to be on or near the LOS, depending the formation and personnel. They have to technically report because they are wearing an ineligible number.

This is a very common occurrence, and defenses sometimes assume the extra lineman is there just as an extra blocker or big body to help with the push on a running play that is attempting to pick up the 1st down, or attempting to score. Sometimes, offensive coordinators will have an ineligible player report just to give the defense something extra to think about.

The idiots making comments on the tweet are just clueless. Some even act like BB and the Patriots started doing this to cheat or exploit a loophole in the rule book, and that it's obviously cheating if the Patriots did it too.

JTFC.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Holladay
09-30-2020, 04:10 AM
How come we don't do this more often. A long time ago (90's) we had Joe Valerio. When ever he went in, I was thinking the tackle pass.

InChiefsHeaven
09-30-2020, 05:06 AM
So, when DID the refs inform the defense? Was it over the mic? I honestly don't remember hearing them say "#72 has reported as eligible".

htismaqe
09-30-2020, 06:25 AM
OMFG. The people commenting on that Tweet are dumb AF. The official informed the defense that 72 was an eligible receiver.

The people commenting think the officials didn't tell the Ravens that an ineligible player had reported as eligible, and we scored only because the official failed to do his job, therefore cheating the Ravens by creating an unfair advantage for our offense.

If John Harbaugh thought we scored a TD with a pass to an offensive linemen, because the official failed to inform the defense he reported as eligible, he would have had a stroke or aneurysm on National television.

Also, near the goal line, or on 3rd or 4th down with a yard or two to go, teams will often have an extra offensive lineman report as eligible to allow them to be on or near the LOS, depending the formation and personnel. They have to technically report because they are wearing an ineligible number.

This is a very common occurrence, and defenses sometimes assume the extra lineman is there just as an extra blocker or big body to help with the push on a running play that is attempting to pick up the 1st down, or attempting to score. Sometimes, offensive coordinators will have an ineligible player report just to give the defense something extra to think about.

The idiots making comments on the tweet are just clueless. Some even act like BB and the Patriots started doing this to cheat or exploit a loophole in the rule book, and that it's obviously cheating if the Patriots did it too.

JTFC.

People would rather believe a conspiracy than believe their team (who has been touted to be the best in the league) got fooled that badly.

Dayze
09-30-2020, 06:50 AM
I pointed this out to my wife when we watched the game last night. I thought it was an awesome concept. I didn't , however, notice the 'wall' in the huddle. that was pretty slick.

KChiefs1
09-30-2020, 07:01 AM
Orlovsky is fantastic.

ChiefsFanatic
09-30-2020, 07:13 AM
People would rather believe a conspiracy than believe their team (who has been touted to be the best in the league) got fooled that badly.It's a hard play to defend. It got us in the playoffs.

But, as a defense, if you assign someone to spy the player reporting as eligible, and they were just a decoy, you basically removed one of your goal line defenders.

If you ignore the player reporting as eligible, and guess & anticipate a QB sneak or a dive play, or something like that, and the play is really for that player, it's almost always a TD. I think in all my 43+ years of watching the NFL, the only time I saw this play fail is when the player dropped the ball because he was back peddling and the ball got into his chest faster than he anticipated. I wish I could remember the team or player, but I am pretty sure it's the only time that I personally have seen it fail.

I am sure it's failed plenty of times, I just haven't witnessed it. I can't do the research at the moment, but I have to believe the success rate of this type of play is very, very high.

Yet, some of the people in that thread act like it's only the second or third time they have seen it, and some are convinced it's illegal based on their team getting a flag on the play, which was probably for illegal formation because someone covered an eligible receiver because they forgot the tackle was eligible.

RedRaider56
09-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Man, that was a great breakdown.. Sneaky brilliance.

redfan
09-30-2020, 09:24 AM
It's a new spin on the old Jumpin' Joe Valerio play, and Joe never dropped one. I love eligible tackles!! Nice hands, Fish!

Rain Man
09-30-2020, 10:19 AM
So, when DID the refs inform the defense? Was it over the mic? I honestly don't remember hearing them say "#72 has reported as eligible".

That's the part that was confusing on the video. Hiding Fisher looks fun, but it really shouldn't make any difference unless perhaps the defender who was guarding him wasn't paying attention to the announcement. Plus, you'd think the defense would have a signal-caller who made sure that everyone knew.

The clever part to me was the unbalanced line. Fisher wasn't lined up as a tight end. He was lined up in his normal tackle position. That's a difference maker to me, because it might've made the defender question whether he heard correctly, causing a slow reaction. A clever defender could've also noticed that the wideout was off the ball and figured out that Fisher was eligible, but that's pretty subtle.

JakeF
09-30-2020, 10:55 AM
Chiefs havnt lost a game Fisher has started since the AFC Championship game in 2018
Wow, nice post.

I guess people need to stop talking shit about Fisher and find someone else to declare "not good enough".

JakeF
09-30-2020, 10:59 AM
Once Fisher reported- The Ravens should have taken a time out to figure out what was going on. They didn't and just went with run. They got burned.The Ravens shouldn't have stopped running the ball either but ....

LMAO

Deberg_1990
09-30-2020, 11:05 AM
I’d like to see Fisher more involved in the passing game.

htismaqe
09-30-2020, 11:06 AM
The Ravens shouldn't have stopped running the ball either but ....

LMAO

What good was that going to do? After the first drive, the Ravens running game wasn't super effective. And the Chiefs scored 4 straight touchdowns.

Running the ball wasn't going to save them. Just like rushing for 200 yards last year didn't save them.

Rukdafaidas
09-30-2020, 12:02 PM
Another aspect to it is they also brought in an extra tackle (Allegretti) at the same time and was standing right next to Fisher when he reported. So, the official states that #72 is an eligible receiver and they see the new "extra" guy in the game and they probably just assumed that Allegretti was going to be the eligible receiver.

DaneMcCloud
09-30-2020, 12:11 PM
I'll be honest. When I saw Allegretti take the field on that Down, I texted my brothers and said "What in the world? Why is Allegretti on the field?".

Well, that question was answered rather quickly.

Pitt Gorilla
09-30-2020, 12:19 PM
How come we don't do this more often. A long time ago (90's) we had Joe Valerio. When ever he went in, I was thinking the tackle pass.

Because we have a **** load of guys who are better receivers than Fisher.

Bowser
09-30-2020, 12:19 PM
I'll be honest. When I saw Allegretti take the field on that Down, I texted my brothers and said "What in the world? Why is Allegretti on the field?".

Well, that question was answered rather quickly.

https://i.pennlive.com/resizer/a9GCwEPa14r-MQ_D0dECdSXC9Jk=/600x0/arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal/public/J57PADBKORCVDJ6MQTZ7SWHKOQ.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
09-30-2020, 12:20 PM
People would rather believe a conspiracy Welcome to the US.

lcarus
09-30-2020, 12:22 PM
Because we have a **** load of guys who are better receivers than Fisher.

I don't know man. Fisher is basically Fat Kelce. Did you see that catch?! I had to rinse my contacts because I swore for a second we had Jerry Rice out there.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-30-2020, 12:29 PM
Fisher would be a good red zone target

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
09-30-2020, 12:30 PM
It’s makes an easy choice on who to re sign next offseason Fisher or Schwartz. Fisher may or just increased his salary wants by adding OT/WR to his resume