PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Seahawks defense sets record...1292 passing yards in 3 games

BlackOp
10-01-2020, 11:34 AM
In the first three games of the season against the Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots and Dallas Cowboys, the Seahawks have allowed an average of 430.7 yards per game passing. They allowed 434 yards to Matt Ryan and the Falcons, 397 yards to Cam Newton and the Patriots, and a season-high 461 yards to Dak Prescott and the Cowboys on Sunday.

The 1,292 passing yards allowed in the first three games of the season is the most in league history over that span since at least 1950.

Ouch...

staylor26
10-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Exactly why I’m not scared of meeting them in the SB.

Their pass rush is non-existent and their secondary sucks even with Adams.

I honestly don’t think we would punt against that team.

ptlyon
10-01-2020, 11:37 AM
God damn, the Chiefs could do that in a game

O.city
10-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Exactly why I’m not scared of meeting them in the SB.

Their pass rush is non-existent and their secondary sucks even with Adams.

I honestly don’t think we would punt against that team.

True.

But the way Russ is going right now they might not either. It would be a fun matchup for sure.

I don't see them getting to the SB with that defense playing like that though.

staylor26
10-01-2020, 11:39 AM
True.

But the way Russ is going right now they might not either. It would be a fun matchup for sure.

Sutton is no longer our DC. Not happening against Spags and this D.

RunKC
10-01-2020, 11:41 AM
True.

They look so much like the 2018 Chiefs. Would love to meet them in the Super Bowl bc our defense will get enough stops.

DRM08
10-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Seems there could be a role reversal from 2018 if these teams play each other. KC defense was a disaster in 2018, and Russell took full advantage of it. Mahomes played very well, but Seattle defense was better and they had the big home field advantage in that game as well. Any rematch this year will be on a neutral field.

O.city
10-01-2020, 11:44 AM

Russ is just at another level right now. I don't think he'll keep up this pace all year though, but he's a badass. I also don't think their D will be this bad all year. Pete will get it playing somewhat passable.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 11:45 AM

Also, Seattle has the 24th worst Adjusted Sack Rate in the NFL. Their pass protection isn’t good.

Seattle also has the 25th worst pass rush in Adjusted Sack Rate.

Compare that to the Chiefs, who are 1st in pass protection and 7th in pass rush in those same categories.

Sure, let’s have a shootout in the Super Bowl and see which QB has time to throw.

staylor26
10-01-2020, 11:45 AM
Russ is just at another level right now. I don't think he'll keep up this pace all year though, but he's a badass. I also don't think their D will be this bad all year. Pete will get it playing somewhat passable.

Unless they start pulling pass rushers and corners out of their ass, it’s not going to change much. It might get better statistically against other teams, but they’d be fucked either way against us.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 11:46 AM

Pete isn’t fixing a bottom third pass rush and pass protection through scheme during the season. It’s a bigger issue than that.

DRM08
10-01-2020, 11:46 AM

Russ has had some pretty hot stretches during his career. I think Barnwell at ESPN said he had a stretch of about 5-games several years ago that was very similar to what he's doing right now.

It's hard as hell to do it every single game. If he keeps this up over 16-19 games, then you just gotta say WOW and tip your cap to him for the best QB season ever.

CupidStunt
10-01-2020, 11:48 AM
They look so much like the 2018 Chiefs. Would love to meet them in the Super Bowl bc our defense will get enough stops.

Offensively nowhere near as good. Russ is great, but they're worse at basically everything - OL, no TE to speak of, etc.

This is a classic "never as good or as bad as it seems" situation. Everyone and their moms loves the Seahawks right now, but let's not forget they could EASILY be 1-2. I know this thread is about their pass D, but still. Shit will catch up to them.

O.city
10-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Unless they start pulling pass rushers and corners out of their ass, it’s not going to change much. It might get better statistically against other teams, but they’d be ****ed either way against us.

They're aggressive though, there will be guys out there to pick up. Maybe a Ryan Kerrigan or something.

I actually like the Rams to end up winning the West though.

DRM08
10-01-2020, 11:52 AM
Offensively nowhere near as good. Russ is great, but they're worse at basically everything - OL, no TE to speak of, etc.

This is a classic "never as good or as bad as it seems" situation. Everyone and their moms loves the Seahawks right now, but let's not forget they could EASILY be 1-2. I know this thread is about their pass D, but still. Shit will catch up to them.

They've also played two teams that have a pretty strong history of finding a way to lose in recent years. Atlanta is pretty much a legend when it comes to choking at this point. Dallas has had an abysmal record in close games. Both Atlanta & Dallas have terrible defenses.

Most impressive win for Seattle is obviously New England. Russell's performance against the Belichick defense is extremely impressive. Really off the charts stuff. But Seattle still needed a dumb play call involving Cam Newton's legs at the very end of the game to survive with a victory.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 11:53 AM

Their pass protection is at least as big of an issue as their defense.

Their defense will continue to give up points and yards. Russ will need to continue to pass to keep his team in games. Aaron Donald, Chandler Jones, etc are going to feast.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 11:54 AM
The Seahawks are my Super Bowl pick for the NFC, but they have some glaring issues.

lcarus
10-01-2020, 11:55 AM
They've also played two teams that have a pretty strong history of finding a way to lose in recent years. Atlanta is pretty much a legend when it comes to choking at this point. Dallas has had an abysmal record in close games. Both Atlanta & Dallas have terrible defenses.

That explains that onside kick in the Cowboys Falcons game. All the players were standing around the ball not sure who was supposed to choke the game away.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Just goes to show how special Russ is.

O.city
10-01-2020, 11:56 AM
I think the Pack come out of the NFC

DRM08
10-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Just goes to show how special Russ is.

Lockett is pretty special too and seems to get no credit. They showed a NextGen stat the other day that was very interesting. Lockett gets more/better separation than anyone in the league. That's very impressive. Obviously Metcalf is a beast as well.

staylor26
10-01-2020, 12:00 PM

Most impressive win for Seattle is obviously New England. Russell's performance against the Belichick defense is extremely impressive. Really off the charts stuff. But Seattle still needed a dumb play call involving Cam Newton's legs at the very end of the game to survive with a victory.

And Cam three for almost 400 yards against that D.

He hasn’t even had 200 in his other games...

Sassy Squatch
10-01-2020, 12:04 PM
Lockett is pretty special too and seems to get no credit. They showed a NextGen stat the other day that was very interesting. Lockett gets more/better separation than anyone in the league. That's very impressive. Obviously Metcalf is a beast as well.
Accidental thumbs down.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-01-2020, 12:10 PM
Accidental thumbs down.

Seems to happen on here a lot. Wouldn't hurt for them to space the buttons apart a bit more.

DRM08
10-01-2020, 12:13 PM
I think the Pack come out of the NFC

This is a pretty good prediction. Aaron seems to be pretty fired up to prove everyone wrong this year and show that he's still an elite guy. He also owes the Seahawks for this crazy outcome in the NFC title game years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaRpzpGIzL4&ab_channel=NFLThrowback

Russell got off to probably the worst start of a great QB ever. Packers were up 16-0 at halftime. Legion of Boom slowed down Rodgers in 2nd half and Russell made some big time clutch plays to pull off the comeback.

RunKC
10-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Steelers/Chiefs
Packers/Bucs

I think those are the championship games this year. Hate to say it but it feels like a Tampa Bay home Super Bowl against us.

Their defense is better than the Packers.

staylor26
10-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Steelers/Chiefs
Packers/Bucs

I think those are the championship games this year. Hate to say it but it feels like a Tampa Bay home Super Bowl against us.

LMAO

The Bucs are NOT going to the SB.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 12:25 PM
I picked Chiefs vs Seahawks, but it really comes down to whoever gets the 1 seeds.

I would be shocked if it was anyone but the 1 seeds in the new format.

DRM08
10-01-2020, 12:26 PM
Steelers/Chiefs
Packers/Bucs

Curious to see how Brady's arm holds up later in the season. If Tampa has to go to Green Bay in the playoffs, that arctic weather will not be the easiest thing in the world for him.

scho63
10-01-2020, 12:42 PM
Since at least 1950 ???

I thought back then all they did was run and run and run.

RunKC
10-01-2020, 12:51 PM
LMAO

Then it will be the Packers bc the Saints are frauds. They will blow it again like they always do

staylor26
10-01-2020, 12:59 PM
Then it will be the Packers bc the Saints are frauds. They will blow it again like they always do

Yea I don’t think the Saints have a shot either at this point, and I’d agree that the Bucs have a better shot than they do, but I think it’s Seahawks or Packers coming out of the NFC with the Rams being a darkhorse.

Megatron96
10-01-2020, 01:43 PM
While I think that their defensive numbers will probably improve, I don't think they'll be good enough of that side of the ball to take them to the SB.

They just don't have the horses.

htismaqe
10-01-2020, 02:27 PM
While I think that their defensive numbers will probably improve, I don't think they'll be good enough of that side of the ball to take them to the SB.

They just don't have the horses.

2018 Chiefs.

smithandrew051
10-01-2020, 02:31 PM
Yea I don’t think the Saints have a shot either at this point, and I’d agree that the Bucs have a better shot than they do, but I think it’s Seahawks or Packers coming out of the NFC with the Rams being a darkhorse.

I agree. Packers or Seahawks for me too.

I don’t see another team that has a defense or overall strong enough to overcome the significant QB advantage that those two teams currently have over the rest of the NFC.

The 49ers are beat to shit with injuries. The NFC East isnt very good. The NFC South teams either suck or have a dinosaur playing QB.

ThaVirus
10-01-2020, 03:19 PM
LMAO

They've got as good a shot as anyone not named Packers at this point.

It's a long season, too, so who knows what will shake out in December/January.

Megatron96
10-01-2020, 03:23 PM
2018 Chiefs.

Without a pass rush, yes.

Deberg_1990
10-01-2020, 03:26 PM
Mahomes vs Wilson Super Bowl could be the stuff of legends.