PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs We gave up 185 rushing yards. WHAT EVER WILL WE DO?

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 07:49 PM
GUYZ THIS RUN DEFENSE IZZ SOOO BAD FOR REALZ!!!!!!

HOW KIN WE KEEP WINNIN WITH THIS SHITTY RUN D?!?!

I'M REAL CONCERNED

R WE EXPOZED?

carcosa
10-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Lol

TwistedChief
10-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Embarrassed.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 07:53 PM
guyz we are SO SOFT

POUND THE ROCK 2 BEET THE CHEFS?

eDave
10-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Shit was working there for a bit. It's just not sustainable.

St. Patty's Fire
10-05-2020, 07:55 PM
DEFENSE GOT RUN OVER

PAT HAD A 69.420 PFF GRADE

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Embarrassed.

LMAO :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Shit was working there for a bit. It's just not sustainable.

situational run defense

we haz it

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Embarrassed.

ROFL

Mecca
10-05-2020, 07:59 PM
I enjoy them handing off for rushing yards down 16 with 7 minutes to go like waving the white flag

smithandrew051
10-05-2020, 08:00 PM
The Broncos will trample is on Thursday night

JohnnyHammersticks
10-05-2020, 08:01 PM
gUiSe iS iT tImE tO sTaRt tHiNkInG aBouT rePlaCing mAhOmeS?????

lewdog
10-05-2020, 08:05 PM
What happens to a run game when you get behind?

Oh yeah, fuck them!

KChiefs1
10-05-2020, 08:08 PM
Was this the worst game of Patrick’s career?

eDave
gUiSe iS iT tImE tO sTaRt tHiNkInG aBouT rePlaCing mAhOmeS?????

You are mocking something no one has said ever.

Red Dawg
Laugh if you want. That stat is not good.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:09 PM

They scored 10. TEN. You have a problem with that stat line as well, or are you simply "embarrassed" that it didn't look sexy enough?

InChiefsHeaven
10-05-2020, 08:12 PM
They scored 10. TEN. You have a problem with that stat line as well, or are you simply "embarrassed" that it didn't look sexy enough?
THIS. The job of defense is to stop the other team from scoring points. The D did that in spades tonight. All the rushing yards is a concern, but it's all about the points.

Mahomes_Is_God
We looked like shit tonight, except for our defence. Don't act like we didn't have a reason to be concerned. There was plenty of reason to be concerned. Obviously we're all happy things turned out alright, but that was uncharacteristically bad football from us. We need to do better.

Red Dawg

That's only because they had crappy QBs.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:13 PM
We looked like shit tonight, except for our defence. Don't act like we didn't have a reason to be concerned. There was plenty of reason to be concerned. Obviously we're all happy things turned out alright, but that was uncharacteristically bad football from us. We need to do better.

Were you "embarrassed"?

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:14 PM

Of course, they didn't play well or anything. It's solely because the other team is crap.

Coach

And the only QB's I am worried about are the dudes that is currently in the NFC.

Outside of Mahomes, the AFC quarterbacks blow.

Mahomes_Is_God
Were you "embarrassed"?

No we won. But I didn't like how we played. We have to be better next week.

Pasta Little Brioni
Chiefs are a top 5 defense at the moment.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-05-2020, 08:15 PM
You are mocking something no one has said ever.

That's correct Dave. And good job figuring that out. I was mocking how ridiculous some Chicken Little's act in the game thread EVERY SINGLE GAME. It's almost surprising that it hasn't been said.

(I'll start PMing you explanations to my more intricate zingers from now on so you're up-to-speed)

BWillie
10-05-2020, 08:16 PM
GUYZ THIS RUN DEFENSE IZZ SOOO BAD FOR REALZ!!!!!!

HOW KIN WE KEEP WINNIN WITH THIS SHITTY RUN D?!?!

I'M REAL CONCERNED

R WE EXPOZED?

Would rather care about pass d more and Ive never been more confident in our coverage scheme. Thats with a developing from injury Thornhill, one armed Ward, no Sneed, No Breeland. Fenton looked great tonight. Sneed looked the part early. Lots to look forward to in our secondary.

smithandrew051
10-05-2020, 08:16 PM

Why do Chiefs fans always make excuses for their success?

St. Patty's Fire
10-05-2020, 08:17 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWF1wPBUEAMK4EV.jpg

Mahomes_Is_God
10-05-2020, 08:18 PM
Oh wait, I forgot we have the Raiders this weekend. I meant when we play the Bills. We have to be on our A-game for the Bills. We can beat the Raiders while we're drunk.

RunKC
10-05-2020, 08:20 PM
No we won. But I didn't like how we played. We have to be better next week.

Which is a completely fair and true statement to make, but saying that here somehow translates that you hate the Chiefs.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2020, 08:29 PM

Chiefs have given up the 2nd fewest points in the league per game. How you like dem apples?

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:30 PM
Which is a completely fair and true statement to make, but saying that here somehow translates that you hate the Chiefs.

No, saying you're "embarrassed" translates to getting you made fun of.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 08:31 PM

LMAO

It means nothing.

And every time we get gashed and win, more evidence piles up that it means nothing.

CasselGotPeedOn
10-05-2020, 08:31 PM
Just burned all of my Chiefs gear. I'm just too embarrassed to support this franchise anymore.

Sofa King
10-05-2020, 08:32 PM
You should also note that we can't run the ball very well either. That is REALLY scary.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:33 PM

Game was, literally, never in doubt. We can and probably will play better. Certainly, no reason for ANYONE to be "embarrassed."

petegz28
50 of those yards came on 2 plays....

petegz28
Game was, literally, never in doubt. We can and probably will play better. Certainly, no reason for ANYONE to be "embarrassed."

Meh, it was in doubt for a bit because we couldn't pull away and they were always 1 lucky play or flag away from taking the lead.

Molitoth
Our offense barely best brian hoyer.

I mean, I guess that is a little embarrassing....

Pasta Little Brioni
10-05-2020, 08:34 PM
You morons bitching realize that the Chiefs are a top 2 defense since midseason last year right? Have won 13 in a row. Have the Jordan of football. Embarrassed? Piss off

RunKC
10-05-2020, 08:35 PM

We were barely winning over a 2nd and 3rd string QB of a team that woke up at 5 AM, travelled to the game today and lost their starting QB just before the original game.

We played very awful football for about 3 quarters. Nothing wrong with criticizing that. To that point it was embarrassing, especially for this team and their expectations of themselves.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-05-2020, 08:36 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> Tyrann Mathieu says, <br><br>&quot;We got a lot of guys who will step up and make a play...Taco is a great player and teammate too. Great to see him in a Chiefs uniform&quot;</p>&mdash; Hayley Lewis 👑 (@HayleyLewisKSHB) <a href="https://twitter.com/HayleyLewisKSHB/status/1313303906794037248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 6, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

petegz28
10-05-2020, 08:37 PM
Our offense barely best brian hoyer.

I mean, I guess that is a little embarrassing....

I just listened to Pat's post game presser...he knows he played like crap. Said he had guys open than he didn't see until he went back and looked at the tablet.

Arguably his worst game since the Colts game though the outcome was different here. Can't be an ace every game. He made some key plays when we need them but he was fortunate not to get picked twice and fumble.

htismaqe
We were barely winning over a 2nd and 3rd string QB of a team that woke up at 5 AM, travelled to the game today and lost their starting QB just before the original game.

We played very awful football for about 3 quarters. Nothing wrong with criticizing that. To that point it was embarrassing, especially for this team and their expectations of themselves.

Nothing about this team is embarrassing.

They had a bad game. You jumped the shark.

Hog's Gone Fishin
Only defense this season to not allow more than 20 points in a game thru 4

Pitt Gorilla

You were embarrassed for the team or the team was embarrassed?

htismaqe

Exactly.

TwistedChief

Dude, you're a good poster here and a smart guy. The only issue any of us have is your use of the term 'embarrassing' in describing how you felt. We can all agree the team looked mediocre, but I don't see how any of us can be embarrassed having won, what, 12 games in a row before this including a Super Bowl? It's all about having some perspective after we reached the summit.

And, of course, we won. Again. Against the Patriots. That never gets old and it'll all look the same in a decade when you're at Arrowhead flipping over the 2020 game recaps in the Hall of Honors.

It's an amazing time to be a Chiefs fan. Disappointed. Enchanted. Sad. Excited. Sure. But embarrassed? We have awhile before that re-enters the lexicon of this fan base.

RealSNR
10-05-2020, 08:38 PM

I will laugh if I want. At you.

petegz28
10-05-2020, 08:38 PM

The offense played awful for 3 quarters. The defense played good all night and kept us in the game.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Dude, you're a good poster here and a smart guy. The only issue any of us have is your use of the term 'embarrassing' in describing how you felt. We can all agree the team looked mediocre, but I don't see how any of us can be embarrassed having won, what, 12 games in a row before this including a Super Bowl? It's all about having some perspective after we reached the summit.

And, of course, we won. Again. Against the Patriots. That never gets old and it'll all look the same in a decade when you're at Arrowhead flipping over the 2020 game recaps in the Hall of Honors.

It's an amazing time to be a Chiefs fan. Disappointed. Enchanted. Sad. Excited. Sure. But embarrassed? We have awhile before that re-enters the lexicon of this fan base.:clap:

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:39 PM

It's an amazing time to be a Chiefs fan. Disappointed. Enchanted. Sad. Excited. Sure. But embarrassed? We have awhile before that re-enters the lexicon of this fan base.

:clap:

They won a Super Bowl 8 months ago. That's a far cry from Jovan Belcher offing himself in the Arrowhead parking lot.

"Embarrassing" was just a poor, poor choice of words.

BWillie
10-05-2020, 08:40 PM

Wasn't in doubt? I don't know about that. Cam Newton makes that team much more dangerous. We were fortunate to get some of the bounces and breaks go our way. Those types of games you normally lose. Maybe it will be a magical regular season because our defense balled out tonight and had Mahomes back.

Red Dawg
10-05-2020, 08:41 PM
I will laugh if I want. At you.

Stopping the run is a key point of winning in the playoffs. Chiefs fans should know that better than anyone. Champs or not, 185 is way too many in a tight game.

Sassy Squatch
Defense even without Jones was fucking legit.

TwistedChief
Wasn't in doubt? I don't know about that. Cam Newton makes that team much more dangerous. We were fortunate to get some of the bounces and breaks go our way. Those types of games you normally lose. Maybe it will be a magical regular season because our defense balled out tonight and had Mahomes back.

Damn, I missed the part where Cam came off the bench and I felt like the game was in doubt.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 08:42 PM
This game wasn't embarrassing - it was kind of annoying, but embarrassing?

LMAO

We're just spoiled. Used to Mahomes looking like an immortal Highlander every week.

Occasionally he's mortal, and still gets the dub.

That's OK. Not as fun, but OK.

Not embarrassing.

Hammock Parties
10-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Stopping the run is a key point of winning in the playoffs. Chiefs fans should know that better than anyone. Champs or not, 185 is way too many in a tight game.

Damn, well it's too bad we've never had a year where we got gashed by the run in the regular season before tightening up in the playoffs.

We could really use that experience to lean on going forward! Damn!

WE R DOOMED

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:43 PM
They were fortunate that PI was called instead of ANOTHER pick in the end zone.

I'd love to know when people thought the game was in doubt. I'm guessing they're the same people that gave up during the Texans, Titans, and 49ers playoff games.

Did the Pats have a lead I can't recall? Was Patrick not going to be allowed to lead the offense? I feel like I'm missing something.

DJ's left nut
10-05-2020, 08:44 PM

They really didn’t look like shit.

The other guys get paid to play as well and BB had his secondary executing at an EXTREMELY high level. Sometimes there just isn’t anyone to throw to.

Pat had protection and time - the Patriots D was just playing extremely well.

Credit is due to the Patriots for playing well in difficult circumstances.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-05-2020, 08:44 PM

I don't recall ever saying we were "embarrassing", but I'm drunk so maybe I did at some point. Fact of the matter is, Mahomes and our offence was just plain bad all game. They never really woke up, which is highly unusual. Our defence won us this game 100%. Our offence was useless and that's something we need to be concerned about.

Red Dawg
10-05-2020, 08:45 PM
Damn, well it's too bad we've never had a year where we got gashed by the run in the regular season before tightening up in the playoffs.

We could really use that experience to lean on going forward! Damn!

WE R DOOMED

Never said doomed. It just wasn't good. We won but the issue needs to get better and I think it will.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 08:45 PM

The other guys get paid to play as well and BB had his secondary executing at an EXTREMELY high level. Sometimes there just isn’t anyone to throw to.

I was shocked at how much time Patrick had. I mean, a 3 man rush SHOULD allow more time, but the line did a really nice job.

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:47 PM

Patrick Mahomes left 2 TD's on the field too.

The game was supposed to be played yesterday. You can't say that the delay had no effect on the Chiefs.

warpaint*
10-05-2020, 08:48 PM
Chiefs can be run on. They also seem to have the ability to make plays when they need to and stiffen up when they need to. I don’t think they played well tonight. Hoyer was supposed to be at least steady eddie and instead the Pats got retard Rick.

Marcellus
10-05-2020, 08:49 PM
What happens to a run game when you get behind?

Oh yeah, **** them!

This is why its bullshit.

To beat KC you have to -

Keep KC from scoring - big problem

+ score when you have the ball

+ Win turnover battle

+ win time of possession

+ hope they do dumb shit to beat themselves

Not one of those things wins the game, you have to do at least 3 of them.

Simply running the ball doesn't do any of those things.

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:49 PM
I don't recall ever saying we were "embarrassing", but I'm drunk so maybe I did at some point. Fact of the matter is, Mahomes and our offence was just plain bad all game. They never really woke up, which is highly unusual. Our defence won us this game 100%. Our offence was useless and that's something we need to be concerned about.

My comment wasn't directed at you, it was directed at the person I quoted. ;)

DJ's left nut
10-05-2020, 08:50 PM
I was shocked at how much time Patrick had. I mean, a 3 man rush SHOULD allow more time, but the line did a really nice job.

Right.

So at some point you have to ask how ‘the offense played like shit’ can be a takeaway.

They weren’t dropping balls all over, blowing reads or getting wrecked on the DL. At WORST Mahomes was missing open looks but honestly I think he was being his typical humble self.

There wasn’t a lot open out there. The Pats played really basic but really smart and really sound football.

It’s okay to acknowledge that fellas.

DRM08
10-05-2020, 08:52 PM
You morons bitching realize that the Chiefs are a top 2 defense since midseason last year right? Have won 13 in a row. Have the Jordan of football. Embarrassed? Piss off

The Jordan of football looked like rubbish tonight. He's fortunate the KC defense made some big time plays and New England was forced to play with 2 horrible QB's.

Marcellus
10-05-2020, 08:54 PM
Right.

So at some point you have to ask how ‘the offense played like shit’ can be a takeaway.

They weren’t dropping balls all over, blowing reads or getting wrecked on the DL. At WORST Mahomes was missing open looks but honestly I think he was being his typical humble self.

There wasn’t a lot open out there. The Pats played really basic but really smart and really sound football.

It’s okay to acknowledge that fellas.

Exactly. They played a perfect game and even without offensive ineptitude would have lost by 3 or 7.
Vegas more or less showed you the difference in the line shift.

Sassy Squatch
10-05-2020, 08:55 PM
Mahomes had some really bad plays tonight. Hit the defenders in the hands twice, missed some deep balls early, and whatever the fuck happened on that sack. Other teams should be scared shitless that the defense isn't a liability anymore, though. They straight up owned this game and held the fort down until Mahomes finally got his game going.

Sassy Squatch
10-05-2020, 08:57 PM
They also need a refresher on covering up the fucking ball. Looked like early last year when Watkins got the ball punched out of his damn hands. That doesn't happen and this game is most likely over way earlier.

htismaqe
10-05-2020, 08:59 PM
They also need a refresher on covering up the fucking ball. Looked like early last year when Watkins got the ball punched out of his damn hands. That doesn't happen and this game is most likely over way earlier.

Yep.

Molitoth
10-05-2020, 09:14 PM
We're just spoiled. Used to Mahomes looking like an immortal Highlander every week.

Occasionally he's mortal, and still gets the dub..

I don't even put it all on Pat. Pat looks great up until...

I mean, the insanely shitty fumble by Watkins.
The run blocking by our O-line.
The play calling.
The bailout by the refs on the Pat INT.
The missed extra point (again) WTF Butker?????
The almost muffed punt by Hardman.

The Pats gave the game away with their even shittier QB play.

Pitt Gorilla
10-05-2020, 09:15 PM
I don't even put it all on Pat. Pat looks great up until...

The run blocking by our O-line.
The play calling.
The bailout by the refs on the Pat INT.
The missed extra point (again) WTF Butker?????
The almost muffed punt by Hardman.

The Pats gave the game away with their even shittier QB play.

Play calling was fine.

ModSocks
10-05-2020, 09:20 PM
Chiefs are a top 5 defense at the moment.

They look like it.

Im kinda wondering how Breeland fits in once Snead returns.

ModSocks
10-05-2020, 09:22 PM

This.

The Patriots played their ass off tonight and BB deployed a defense i dont think anyone was expecting.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
10-05-2020, 09:26 PM
They look like it.

No idea tbh. For rn Breeland and Ward are your outside and Fenton the slot CB just like last year. When sneed comes back I’d do a rotation

bringbackmarty
10-05-2020, 09:45 PM
I remember my first figurative beer(s) on this football forum. I was wild, everyone else's take was wrong. Remember when you were Goatse and basically the message board version of two girls one cup. Nothing has changed except you learned how to Robot Chicken some chiefs videos. Good run defense makes comebacks happen if you are down. Seem like somebody forgot football 101 and made a stupid post.

stevieray
10-05-2020, 09:52 PM
Good teams find ways to win close or ugly games.

BPM, I used to over analyze every mistake, and fret over the defense holding a lead.

APM, I don't really care because we are always in it, even from behind.

Spags D tho...they are so stingy in the second half.

:rockon:

stevieray
10-05-2020, 09:55 PM

The ball was punched out, it was damn good defensive play.

carcosa
10-05-2020, 10:01 PM
I can't imagine being the tiniest bit concerned about THIS team.

smithandrew051
10-05-2020, 10:06 PM
I can't imagine being the tiniest bit concerned about THIS team.

What are you talking about????

We are FUCKED!!!!!!!

Mecca
10-05-2020, 10:08 PM
Watkins getting the ball punched out is something he should work on, Detroit hit him with that last year.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2020, 10:16 PM

I admit the defense has been yelling at the TV at times tonight...but God Damn did they not come up big when it counted.

They gave up 10 points...and the Chiefs lead wire to wire.

This defense also had some injuries and had no Chris Jones tonight...and they gave up 10 points.

This defense is miles ahead of where it was.

mnchiefsguy
10-05-2020, 10:18 PM
They look like it.

You cannot have too many good corners in today's NFL.

Not only is it a great unit, it also a cheap unit, compared to the rest of our cap.

They are balling out so far this year and I hope they keep it up and get even better with Breeland.

philfree
10-05-2020, 10:21 PM
17.5 points a game. If we keep that we won't lose a game.

Funkstown
10-05-2020, 10:26 PM
OmG hOw wILl oUr dEfEnSe eVeR sUrViVe!!!

Megatron96
10-05-2020, 11:01 PM

Okay, let me start by saying right here that I agree with every single thing you just said above. Every. Single. Thing.

But at the same time, okay maybe it's not exactly embarrassed, but how about 'let down,' a bit by tonight's game.

I mean, look at this:

Last Monday night against the 2nd best team in the AFC, the Chiefs put on a CLINICon how to play professional football. A damned clinic. On both sides of the ball.

And then tonight, with a chance to really send the message home, against a weakened Patriots team, we kind of barely dominate them and post just 26 points.

Like some ordinary team.

This team isn't ordinary, and they had a chance to lay it down for every team in the NFL tonight, and they let it slip by. A chance to play some 'Patriot-style . . .

You know what? We don't want our team to be anything like the damned Patriots, so just ignore everything I said above.

Halfcan
10-05-2020, 11:06 PM
It was great seeing the Pats run the ball and the clock when they were down by 16 points. Empty stats.

Demonpenz
10-06-2020, 01:35 AM
FRAUDS

TwistedChief
10-06-2020, 02:10 AM
Okay, let me start by saying right here that I agree with every single thing you just said above. Every. Single. Thing.

But at the same time, okay maybe it's not exactly embarrassed, but how about 'let down,' a bit by tonight's game.

I mean, look at this:

Last Monday night against the 2nd best team in the AFC, the Chiefs put on a CLINICon how to play professional football. A damned clinic. On both sides of the ball.

And then tonight, with a chance to really send the message home, against a weakened Patriots team, we kind of barely dominate them and post just 26 points.

Like some ordinary team.

This team isn't ordinary, and they had a chance to lay it down for every team in the NFL tonight, and they let it slip by. A chance to play some 'Patriot-style . . .

You know what? We don't want our team to be anything like the damned Patriots, so just ignore everything I said above.

The reality is the Patriots won tons of games like this that frustrated an endless number of opposing fan bases. We just want to remember them as this overwhelming juggernaut that rolled over teams over the last two decades.

It's almost more fun leaving other teams with a palpable sense of what-ifs. Breaks the soul even more.

DRM08
10-06-2020, 05:04 AM

I mean, look at this:

Like some ordinary team.

Special teams was pretty bad against Baltimore, at least an 11 point swing in Ravens favor on ST. I guess the cool thing is we can say KC is 4-0 without really bringing their A-game so far this season. The goal is to keep guys healthy and playing their best football at the right moment, specifically the playoffs. It’s a long season with plenty of room and time for improvement. Just stay healthy!!

tredadda
10-06-2020, 06:05 AM

Stopping the other team from scoring is far more important and our defense is quite good at that at this time.

tredadda
10-06-2020, 06:13 AM
Did Mahomes and the offense have their best game? No but that’s going to happen. People forget that even the 16-0 Patriots had some close games. Jordan had off nights. This is the nature of sports. A sign of a great team and player is when they can have an off night and still win. This is why it’s a team sport. When the offense struggled the defense picked them up. Sometimes we win pretty, like vs Baltimore, and sometimes we win ugly like last night.

Direckshun
10-06-2020, 07:23 AM
The thing is, you can't think of the Chiefs as inevitable Super Bowl champions. They're not.

They're likely, and more likely than every other team. But there are other teams in the league that can catch the Chiefs on an off night in the playoffs and knock them out. It can happen.

So you need to hunt for the potential Achilles heels on this team to see where an opponent might get us, and the Patriots came as close as we've seen to finding the recipe. I haven't dug a ton into the tape to discern what it is the Patriots did, but we know they ran on us well.

The good news is the Chiefs have upgraded themselves from the 2018 Chiefs who got run over by the Patriots in the AFCCG, in part by getting better at the time of possession battle. So while we got run over this time as well, we were able to stay on the field better this time around.

It's also impossible to ignore the Chiefs were probably playing with 75% of their playbook, though, expecting to feast on Hoyer, which they did.

But the Patriots dropped at least two picks. They didn't have Cam. Their OL could be a ton healthier next time we see them in the playoffs and I don't know if I'd bet on Edelman dropping passes in the postseason. The Belichick gameplanning is always next level.

That said, Mahomes is sharp as a tack in January. He missed a couple passes he normally completes. And if that's the case, and the Chiefs open up 100% of their playbook, this game proved that the Chiefs offense is now as close to Belichick-proof as possible, with too many weapons for Belichick to effectively neuter.

I think this game gives me a couple concerns for a Chiefs-Patriots matchup in the playoffs. But not enough to change my mind that we'd still be favored.

Graystoke
10-06-2020, 08:44 AM
It was a very strange game but remember we are the defending champs. Teams are going to bring their very best to beat us. Also I believe the playbook was vanilla on purpose. The season is long and Andy isn't going to show his cards till it counts

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 09:00 AM
It was a very strange game but remember we are the defending champs. Teams are going to bring their very best to beat us. Also I believe the playbook was vanilla on purpose. The season is long and Andy isn't going to show his cards till it counts

I realized something in the Ravens game.

I think Andy treats his 'exotic plays' like the rest of us treat money.

There's no sense in having 'em if you aren't going to use them when you need them. But then again, you don't want to burn them just to burn them either.

We all earn money so we have it when we need it. We don't piss it away for no reason, but we didn't go earning it so we can die with a bunch of it in our bank account. And when we need it, we spend it with the confidence that ultimately we'll be able to make more.

Andy's a lot like that when it comes to his tricky plays. He's not gonna spend just to spend, but when he needs to, he's confident that he has what he needs to get the job done and when it all comes down to it, while it's not fun to burn off capital, he's pretty confident he'll just go to the lab and make more.

Busting out a bunch of exotic route combinations today would've just been splurging for a gold-plated toilet seat. WTF is the point? It just wasn't needed so there was no sense in doing anything more than the vanilla packages/concepts we saw today.

Wisconsin_Chief
10-06-2020, 09:43 AM

There's no sense in having 'em if you aren't going to use them when you need them. But then again, you don't want to burn them just to burn them either.

We all earn money so we have it when we need it. We don't piss it away for no reason, but we didn't go earning it so we can die with a bunch of it in our bank account. And when we need it, we spend it with the confidence that ultimately we'll be able to make more.

Andy's a lot like that when it comes to his tricky plays. He's not gonna spend just to spend, but when he needs to, he's confident that he has what he needs to get the job done and when it all comes down to it, while it's not fun to burn off capital, he's pretty confident he'll just go to the lab and make more.

Busting out a bunch of exotic route combinations today would've just been splurging for a gold-plated toilet seat. WTF is the point? It just wasn't needed so there was no sense in doing anything more than the vanilla packages/concepts we saw today.

Don’t understand how more people can’t see this. You’re spot on.

You can almost see it in the faces of the players too, especially Mahomes. Last night he was just going through the motions and trying to make plays on his own. They weren’t really schemed for him. Which is fine. Look at the film yesterday compared to the Ravens game. That wasn’t even the same offensive system out there. Reid is counting on having enough talent to run a vanilla scheme for games like last night, and so far it’s working. Let’s also not forget we had no preseason, so they are still installing things.

Teams are relying on film more than ever during this Covid situation. The less we put on tape, the better. Reid doesn’t need to put up 45 points per game to prove anything. We just need to score enough points to win, which we’ve been doing. By week 8 everything will be rolling like a well oiled machine.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2020, 09:47 AM
They looked very unfocused on offense until the third quarter when something lit a fire under their ass.

I guess it's good they can just turn it on like that.

gold_and_red
10-06-2020, 10:25 AM
This defense is closing out games very well. I dreaded seeing Sutton's D in the 4th quarter knowing that they will make a game out of any situation.
The issue with giving up that many rushing yards even though without points is that it keeps Mahomes off the field and keeps the game closer than it should be. The moment it costs us a game then I bet it will be highlighted all over CP.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2020, 10:33 AM
The moment it costs us a game then I bet it will be highlighted all over CP.

Even last year when it supposedly "cost us a game" it was actually the pass defense cratering on the last drive vs TEN

Marcellus
10-06-2020, 03:09 PM

I mentioned last night it appeared that once they knew Cam wasn't playing they went with a more vanilla game plan and kept some more shit under wraps.

tredadda
10-06-2020, 07:07 PM
I mentioned last night it appeared that once they knew Cam wasn't playing they went with a more vanilla game plan and kept some more shit under wraps.

Exactly right. If you look at the last three years when we played NE (outside of this year) we scored a bunch of points on them. This was with Mahomes and Smith at QB and a NE squad who had as much of not more talent on defense and Tom Brady on offense. Reid has never struggled to score on NE since he has been in KC.

Megatron96
10-06-2020, 07:14 PM
Don’t understand how more people can’t see this. You’re spot on.

You can almost see it in the faces of the players too, especially Mahomes. Last night he was just going through the motions and trying to make plays on his own. They weren’t really schemed for him. Which is fine. Look at the film yesterday compared to the Ravens game. That wasn’t even the same offensive system out there. Reid is counting on having enough talent to run a vanilla scheme for games like last night, and so far it’s working. Let’s also not forget we had no preseason, so they are still installing things.

Teams are relying on film more than ever during this Covid situation. The less we put on tape, the better. Reid doesn’t need to put up 45 points per game to prove anything. We just need to score enough points to win, which we’ve been doing. By week 8 everything will be rolling like a well oiled machine.

There were a couple plays by both Hill and Kelce where I expected them to turn up field and get some YAC, but both just caught the ball, then trotted OOB. They didn't even try to get the extra 3-5 yards the defense was giving away on both plays. It was like Hill and Kelce were running out plays in practice.

That's when I began wondering if there was something else going on besides Bill's new defense.

Stryker
10-06-2020, 07:17 PM
The REAL test will be in Buffalo and New Orleans. Lastly the Bucs. Quite a gauntlet - if we make it through that, I can see us playing either the Bills or Titans maybe Steelers in the AFCCG then either Seahawks or Packers in SBLV.
Going to be interesting.

Easy 6
10-06-2020, 07:43 PM
Spags played them perfectly, give up 5-10-15 runs here and there... but whatever you do, don't give up 20-30-40 yard passes to Jared Hoyer*

They picked up some run yards by design

Our design

And yes Clay, I know this thread was sarcasm... unlike some seem unable to comprehend

smithandrew051
10-06-2020, 07:53 PM
Spags played them perfectly, give up 5-10-15 runs here and there... but whatever you do, don't give up 20-30-40 yard passes to Jared Hoyer*

They picked up some run yards by design

Our design

And yes Clay, I know this thread was sarcasm... unlike some seem unable to comprehend

So if I understand you correctly....WE ARE FUCKED!!!!!!!

eDave
10-06-2020, 07:55 PM
I personally think each game has gone according to Andy's plan.

RunKC
10-11-2020, 02:35 PM
This thread took 1 week to fall like a house of cards ROFL

Hammock Parties
10-11-2020, 02:36 PM
Run D was fine today. They had one bad snap.

Pass D sucked horse cock.

jerryaldini
10-11-2020, 02:42 PM
CP is immune to stats. Even with the long run Raiders only ran for 4.1 ypc. Without it they ran for 3. Next longest run was for 7. Run D least of problems

Secondary key breakdowns, offense handed them 6, Oline couldnt protect and Mahomes was scramble crazy when they did.

MMXcalibur
10-11-2020, 02:51 PM
I was hoping this stupid topic would get bumped.

Dayze
10-11-2020, 03:55 PM
What was the run d stats on first down.

Seemed like the last two weeks, they’ve been getting beat in that regard. Wonder if the stats prove that out or if it’s just a “seems like”.... type thing.

Megatron96
10-11-2020, 04:10 PM
What was the run d stats on first down.

Seemed like the last two weeks, they’ve been getting beat in that regard. Wonder if the stats prove that out or if it’s just a “seems like”.... type thing.

Excluding the 43-yard rush by Booker, Raiders ran 14 times for 51 yards on first down. Excluding whatever they did at the end of the first half and with their last possession.

JJ was held to about 75 yards, under 4 yards/carry. Booker had the one 43 yarder and then 6 rushes for basically nothing.

lcarus
10-11-2020, 04:15 PM
Sorensen is already starting to use up all of the goodwill he earned with his playoff performance last year. He had another pretty bad day today....

ThaVirus
10-11-2020, 04:22 PM
Sorensen is already starting to use up all of the goodwill he earned with his playoff performance last year. He had another pretty bad day today....

Was he the safety who bit the underneath route on the big 3rd and 20 conversion leaving Renfrow wide open deep?

Megatron96
10-11-2020, 04:28 PM
Was he the safety who bit the underneath route on the big 3rd and 20 conversion leaving Renfrow wide open deep?

Pretty sure, yes.

lcarus
10-11-2020, 04:32 PM

Yeah it sure was. Gotta cover those underneath routes on 3rd and 20......