PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mahomes being accused of "flopping" twice last night

fan4ever
10-06-2020, 10:05 AM
Yeah, not seeing it.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/chiefs-patriots-patrick-mahomes-flops-sideline

Mecca
10-06-2020, 10:06 AM
This shit is all over reddit, the menstrating whine of Boston is fucking hilarious. If any fan base can bitch about refs, it's not them.

Hammock Parties
10-06-2020, 10:07 AM
i love it

sour grapes makes the finest wine

backinblack
10-06-2020, 10:07 AM
Tom Brady still whines for flags in Tampa, so eh

TribalElder
10-06-2020, 10:08 AM
oh god I hope patriots fans hang themselves in disgust

I have hated them for years

fuck them

DaFace
10-06-2020, 10:09 AM
I guess I can see what they are talking about, but it looks like he trips over something on the sideline (either 51's foot or the yard marker) to me. Probably shouldn't have been called, but that's not Pat's fault.

Deberg_1990
10-06-2020, 10:10 AM
Hes no Carson Wentz

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xoP5E3_9NUQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HonestChieffan
what bullshit

fan4ever
I guess on the play that got flagged Mahomes should have kept his balance and run headlong into all the equipment/players.

Kman34
10-06-2020, 10:12 AM
I don’t give a fuck.. We won the Patriots lost “... HA!

ModSocks
10-06-2020, 10:12 AM
I can understand their frustration.

That's certainly worse than spying on teams, deflating footballs and taking PEDS. For sure.

:rolleyes:

St. Patty's Fire
10-06-2020, 10:13 AM
Admittedly I thought he flopped on the OOB hit

Perfectly fine with it tho. If you wanna put a hand on Pat OOB you’re gonna pay the consequences

Why Not?
10-06-2020, 10:13 AM
This is typical other fan reaction to greatness. People use to bitch about it with Jordan as well. LeBron gets accused of flopping every other possession. When you’re so much better than the competition, they don’t have much other than this shit.

staylor26
10-06-2020, 10:14 AM
If you don’t want to get a PF called on you, don’t touch the QB after he’s out of bounds :shrug:

ModSocks
10-06-2020, 10:15 AM
If you don’t want to get a PF called on you, don’t touch the QB after he’s out of bounds :shrug:

Seems simple enough to me.

I hope the Patriots learned their lesson.

ThaVirus
10-06-2020, 10:20 AM

Especially not around the nameplate/inside the collar.. from behind.. while he's clearly running out of bounds.

They'll call that roughing on legit any QB besides maybe Cam Newton.

DRM08
10-06-2020, 10:26 AM
This is typical other fan reaction to greatness. People use to bitch about it with Jordan as well. LeBron gets accused of flopping every other possession. When you’re so much better than the competition, they don’t have much other than this shit.

LeBron is pretty guilty of flopping though.

Pablo
10-06-2020, 10:27 AM
We are gonna get calls as long as we have the face of the league in our team. Suck dick everyone else. Shoulda drafted Mahomes if you don't like it.

fan4ever
10-06-2020, 10:29 AM
Mahomes is the face of the league...I still think the flag was legit...but if this guy goes down with an injury the talking heads have a lot less to talk about.

One thing I did think was out of character for Mahomes was after that key scramble he put his arms up...a little braggy for a play that didn't exactly end the game.

alpha_omega
10-06-2020, 10:30 AM
Especially not around the nameplate/inside the collar.. from behind.. while he's clearly running out of bounds.....

Yep. Coulda been a non-call, but he did have his hand inside the collar.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-06-2020, 10:31 AM
I say good on Mahomes if he is.

It’s all about winning. Whatever it takes. This isn’t exactly what I’d call cheating.

Red Dawg
10-06-2020, 10:33 AM
Fuck NE. No team in history has benefited from flags and cheating than them. They are in the plus side of that shit times 1 mil.

smithandrew051
10-06-2020, 10:34 AM
We’ve been fucked enough times. I don’t care at all when we get favorable calls.

I still haven’t seen a call in our favor as bad as the Forward Progress Sack on Mariota in the playoffs. I could live to be 100 and not understand that one.

ThaVirus
10-06-2020, 10:35 AM
.One thing I did think was out of character for Mahomes was after that key scramble he put his arms up...a little braggy for a play that didn't exactly end the game.

You have to remember that this is ultimately entertainment. He's putting on a show out there.

Perineum Ripper
10-06-2020, 10:36 AM
Flop, you say

https://media.tenor.com/images/9d68812b2857b8c76f4959c568af8222/tenor.gif

fan4ever
10-06-2020, 10:38 AM
You have to remember that this is ultimately entertainment. He's putting on a show out there.

Yeah, he was engaging the crowd...I get it...I just like humility and he's been stellar about that. Just seemed a little out of place to me.

Mecca
10-06-2020, 10:41 AM
I saw someone losing their shit over the one where he scrambled out and tip toed the sideline and stopped they said he was "trying to bait a PF there" then they proceeded to call it bush league and say stuff like that makes guys unpopular.

Sorce
10-06-2020, 10:41 AM
The refs fucked up and the NFL made a rule to back them up for the Patriots. Fuck them.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3oz8xBwn8AU6Bp1hKM/giphy.gif

jdubya
10-06-2020, 10:43 AM
Not flopping but when Pat sells out that he is running out of bounds and the defense begins to pull up and then Pat turns it upfield for another set of yards.......thats almost bush league and cringe worthy. Someone will light him up one of these times and everybody here will scream murder but Pat is setting that table up every time he does that.

Dayze
10-06-2020, 10:44 AM
Good.
keep 'flopping' an getting free 15 yards.

do it all day, 'errrr day.

Pats fans can experience what every other fan base had to endure for the greater part of 20 years when anyone laid a finger on Tommy and got a flag.

Welcome to the party!

ThaVirus
10-06-2020, 10:45 AM
Not flopping but when Pat sells out that he is running out of bounds and the defense begins to pull up and then Pat turns it upfield for another set of yards.....

I've seen this mentioned a few times over the last 24 hours and I can't recall a single egregious instance of him pulling that type of stunt. Do you have any particulars examples in mind so I can take a look?

Dunerdr
10-06-2020, 10:46 AM
I can see what theyre mad about, I used to be mad about these things. Then we got Mahomes'd. The league protects its crown jewel. End of story.

Buehler445
10-06-2020, 10:46 AM
You can tell Brotherfucking Cheatriot fans turned off football after Cheatriot was destroyed in their playoff game.

No one watching the Super Bowl could ever accuse Mahomes of being soft or flopping.

Apparently WRs and DBs have taken to flopping. It's annoying and stupid. It makes the NBA unwatchable, and will make football unwatchable too if it takes off like that. That is more egregious than what Mahomes did.

I guess I can see what they are talking about, but it looks like he trips over something on the sideline (either 51's foot or the yard marker) to me. Probably shouldn't have been called, but that's not Pat's fault.

Look who's back!

BUT WE ARE THE CHEATRIOTS!!!!!

Bottom line, don't fuck your brothers like Cheatriot fans, folks.

Pablo
10-06-2020, 10:48 AM
If I see a player breathe on Pat too hard I want that flag thrown. 15 yard personal foul for roughing the face of the league.

Mecca
10-06-2020, 10:48 AM
Receivers flop all the time when they realize they aren't going to get open, it's been going on for years.

Buehler445
10-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Receivers flop all the time when they realize they aren't going to get open, it's been going on for years.

It's worse. And DBs are starting to do it too. Fuck that shit.

CaliforniaChief
10-06-2020, 10:49 AM
Spare me the Boston outrage.

Tuck rule.
Spygate.
Deflategate.
PEDS.
Chris Jones PF in playoff game.

Enjoy your journey to the basement.

Dayze
10-06-2020, 10:50 AM
my favorite is when WRs start calling for the flag / mimicking throwing a flag when they thingk they're interfered with....while still in the process of trying to make a catch.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Hell yes, Mahomes. Abuse that face of the NFL privilege, you earned it.

wazu
10-06-2020, 10:52 AM
Really reaching here. I don't think either were "flops". Wouldn't care if they were and as clever as he is I wouldn't be surprised, but having just looked both seem believable enough to me. The one where he sort of stutter stepped on sideline I would much prefer he just step out of bounds a yard or 2 earlier. I'm not interested in him drawing 15 yard penalties. Much more valuable that he take fewer hits.

Warrior5
10-06-2020, 10:52 AM
I can understand their frustration.

That's certainly worse than spying on teams, deflating footballs and taking PEDS. For sure.

:rolleyes:

Exactly.
Piss on New England.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-06-2020, 10:54 AM

Edelman did it on the very last play of our game against them back in 2019.

Rain Man
10-06-2020, 10:55 AM

If he's the face of the league, don't touch him at all. You as a defender are nothing but a prop to display his greatness.

DaFace
I've seen this mentioned a few times over the last 24 hours and I can't recall a single egregious instance of him pulling that type of stunt. Do you have any particulars examples in mind so I can take a look?

It's not 100% obvious, but I'd argue that the Titans let up in the AFCCG on Mahomes big run for a TD before halftime. Do I like that defenders feel like they have to let up to avoid getting flagged? No. But this is the game the league has created, and the people who complain about it are those who aren't winning (which used to be us).

oldman
Especially not around the nameplate/inside the collar.. from behind.. while he's clearly running out of bounds.

They'll call that roughing on legit any QB besides maybe Cam Newton.

That's (horse collar) is what I thought they were called for at first. But if you look at the replay, not only does #91 have his hands in the no-no zone, but #51 gives him the shove that makes him go down. PMII was clearly out of bounds for more than a couple steps when that happened.
That said, how many times did Brady get away with "flopping"? Screw you, Southie trash, go have a Sam Adams and drive your "ca" into the bay.

jdubya
I didnt see it last night but he did it a week ago. He doesnt do it every run or every game but just enough that I begin to look for it now. Its a tough call because on one hand you can say he is a gamer but on the other it feels a bit cheap because essentially the defense is pulling up so as to not hit you and draw a penalty.

Years ago my older brother said, "Women want the rights of men but the privileges of women"

For some reason that quote comes to mind when I see a QB do something like that lol.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-06-2020, 10:56 AM
Hard to feel bad about Mahomes "flopping" against a team that got this call:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3859903/2019/03/roughing.gif

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UVIp-N6LhI4" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fan4ever
10-06-2020, 10:56 AM
Not flopping but when Pat sells out that he is running out of bounds and the defense begins to pull up and then Pat turns it upfield for another set of yards.......thats almost bush league and cringe worthy. Someone will light him up one of these times and everybody here will scream murder but Pat is setting that table up every time he does that.

I agree. Steve Young was the first one I noticed pulling that crap. I hate it no matter who pulls it...taking advantage of a rule that's trying to protect you.

gold_and_red
10-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Pats have benefited from years of negligible penalty yardage in close games where the difference in W vs L is a single play.

Sassy Squatch
10-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Hell, the personal foul was 100% on 51 for being dumb enough to lay hands on Mahomes well out of bounds. Wouldn't have made a damn bit of difference if he's not touched.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 10:59 AM
Eh, he jelly-legged that personal foul penalty a bit for sure.

And? So does virtually every QB in the league and any star quarterback is gonna get that call. The issue was that the Patriots defender reached way the hell out there to grab him and made it obvious as can be.

It's a call that's always going to get made. Should it be made? Eh, maybe, maybe not. But it's no different than OPI when a WR extends his arm when he didn't need to and likely didn't impact the play. That flag's still coming out, but the mistake was the WRs not the officials. Same with holding calls on the OL - get your arm outside the pads and/or up around the shoulders and if the guy goes the ground, the flags coming out.

As a player you have to know what you can/cannot get away with, especially when your actions don't impact the play.

Mahomes went to the ground when he didn't need to - sure, but the Patriots DL made a stupid play to put himself in that position to begin with. It ain't on Mahomes to bail him out.

Eleazar
10-06-2020, 11:02 AM
Is there any fan base more obsessed with what twitter randos say about them than Chiefs fans?

DaFace
10-06-2020, 11:03 AM
Is there any fan base more obsessed with what twitter randos say about them than Chiefs fans?

Odd take for a thread linking to an article in a prominent national newspaper.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 11:05 AM
DaFace is back!

Now hurry up and fix yo shit...

DaFace
10-06-2020, 11:06 AM
DaFace is back!

Now hurry up and fix yo shit...

Kind of anyway. I'll probably be a little more scarce than before, but I'll be around here and there. Whether I give enough fucks to fix any shit remains to be seen.

PAChiefsGuy
10-06-2020, 11:07 AM

Easy for you to say sitting at home on your couch but it's not that easy playing in real time.

He barely touched him. I love Mahomes/Chiefs but come on that was a terrible call. There were a couple bad calls that happened.

It's part of the game. Refs are not perfect even w instant replay there will be bad calls. Sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. They definitely went our way yesterday and anyone saying different is in denial.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 11:09 AM
Kind of anyway. I'll probably be a little more scarce than before, but I'll be around here and there. Whether I give enough fucks to fix any shit remains to be seen.

Man, if people want to go around being as dumb as they've been over the last 18 hours or so, I can't say that I blame you.

Weird tone this morning. BB is an idiot now, the Chiefs offense sucks, evidently running the football wins games, Andy doesn't understand how to use his skill position players.

I'm....puzzled.

It's been a real dumb morning 'round these parts.

Old Dog
10-06-2020, 11:10 AM
First one was "floppy" to me, the second, notsomuch

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 11:11 AM
Easy for you to say sitting at home on your couch but it's not that easy playing in real time.

He barely touched him. I love Mahomes/Chiefs but come on that was a terrible call. There were a couple bad calls that happened. It's part of the game sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't. They definitely went our way yesterday and anyone saying different is in denial.

The guy's momentum didn't take him into Mahomes as Mahomes was deciding whether to go out of bounds. That happened on the 2nd 'flop' and notice no call was made.

He reached out and fully extended his arms to grab a guy that was past him and clearly headed OOB. You just can't do that. That play happens a dozen times every game and 11 times out of 12, the defender doesn't do that.

And on the 12th the flag gets thrown.

Yes, that was absolutely avoidable.

DaFace
10-06-2020, 11:14 AM
Man, if people want to go around being as dumb as they've been over the last 18 hours or so, I can't say that I blame you.

Weird tone this morning. BB is an idiot now, the Chiefs offense sucks, evidently running the football wins games, Andy doesn't understand how to use his skill position players.

I'm....puzzled.

It's been a real dumb morning 'round these parts.

Eh, it's not like it's anything new. It's just that it seemed more justified to bitch about stupid shit when the team was losing. Now that we're winning, it's clear that people just like to throw out hot takes regardless.

But it's definitely a part of why I'm trying to reduce my involvement in social media broadly. Most people aren't interested in having a discussion as much as they're interested in having an argument. Kind of defeats the purpose to me.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 11:15 AM
Eh, it's not like it's anything new. It's just that it seemed more justified to bitch about stupid shit when the team was losing. Now that we're winning, it's clear that people just like to throw out hot takes regardless.

But it's definitely a part of why I'm trying to reduce my involvement in social media broadly. Most people aren't interested in having a discussion as much as they're interested in having an argument. Kind of defeats the purpose to me.

DaFace:

https://64.media.tumblr.com/c3cf1b530a9395a256f6c49ea76c9716/tumblr_mjcfbjIQte1qi0t5fo6_r2_500.gif

jjchieffan
10-06-2020, 11:21 AM
On the subject of Mahomes getting favorable calls, I'm watching a replay of Pro Football Talk on YouTube. They really went on about the in the grasp call. I can't really argue with them. It was a horrible call. But I would love to send them a clip of the same thing screwing us in the Titans playoff game. If anyone wants to watch, I can't get the embed option for some reason, but here is the link.
https://youtu.be/A9JuRNI5zEI

MIAdragon
10-06-2020, 11:21 AM
Admittedly I thought he flopped on the OOB hit

Perfectly fine with it tho. If you wanna put a hand on Pat OOB you’re gonna pay the consequences

He definitely “sold” it, but the defender allowed him to.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 11:24 AM
On the subject of Mahomes getting favorable calls, I'm watching a replay of Pro Football Talk on YouTube. They really went on about the in the grasp call. I can't really argue with them. It was a horrible call. But I would love to send them a clip of the same thing screwing us in the Titans playoff game. If anyone wants to watch, I can't get the embed option for some reason, but here is the link.

Oh lord, no question at all.

TERRIBLE call. As bad as you'll see.

But like you, I'd prefer not be involved in a prison rape, but IF I have to be involved I guess I know which side I'd rather be on...

It's nice not being Andy Dufresne for once, even if being Boggs is less than ideal.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 11:25 AM

But like you, I'd prefer not be involved in a prison rape, but IF I have to be involved I guess I know which side I'd rather be on...

It's nice not being Andy Dufresne for once, even if being Boggs is less than ideal.

Yep.

The call itself was terrible. They were WAY too quick with the whistle.

The sequence that followed was unavoidable. You can't challenge a play that has been blown dead.

Buehler445
10-06-2020, 11:27 AM

Yeah. Bad call. Brotherfucking Cheatriot should be the last dudes whining about the ledger evening up a bit.

DaneMcCloud
10-06-2020, 11:28 AM
Tony Corrente's crew always sucks, IMO, and I cringed last night when he was introduced.

O.city
10-06-2020, 11:30 AM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/4gIoO4gEzMW5O" width="480" height="320" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/the-shawshank-redemption-4gIoO4gEzMW5O">via GIPHY</a></p>

BlackOp
10-06-2020, 11:33 AM
The more Patriot fans suffer...the bigger my smile.

I'm glad the game ended with them feeling cheated...hope they get used to it for the next decade.

Not one NFL fan outside of Boston has an inkling of sympathy for those cheating assholes.

I'm an advocate of fairly officiated games...mainly because of the years of watching NE rip off other teams. I will never side with them until the karma is repaid.

Buehler445
10-06-2020, 11:34 AM

ROFL

I guess that's one way to drive the point home.

dlphg9
10-06-2020, 11:38 AM

So glad you're back, even if it is on a limited basis. Some DaFace is exponentially better than no DaFace. I got off FB, the only social media I have, and my level of stress has decreased immensely. I know it's said a lot, but I don't think people that are still on SM really understand just how much not having it improves your state of mind and general attitude.

Frazod
10-06-2020, 11:41 AM
Yep.

The call itself was terrible. They were WAY too quick with the whistle.

The sequence that followed was unavoidable. You can't challenge a play that has been blown dead.

The funny thing about that call (yes, it was terrible) is that it had no real impact on the game. The Chiefs didn't get a first down, punted, and IIRC within three or four plays the Pats drove down the field to the exact same spot they would have had the ball anyway. It's not like Pat threw a long touchdown pass on the next play. It cost them a few minutes of playing time; nothing more.

I guess they would have had time to kick the field goal without Hoyer's idiocy costing them the chance. But of course they had ample opportunity to kick it anyway, so fuck 'em. They would have lost by 13 instead of 16. Cry me a river.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-06-2020, 11:41 AM
i love it

sour grapes makes the finest wine

Saw your posts over there. Love it. :thumb:

Why Not?
10-06-2020, 11:43 AM
Yeah, he was engaging the crowd...I get it...I just like humility and he's been stellar about that. Just seemed a little out of place to me.

I hear you but he also maybe was trying to get the overall energy level up for everyone, himself included. Most of at least the first half seemed to be played in a foggy haze.

TomBarndtsTwin
10-06-2020, 11:44 AM
Don’t care if he did or didn’t. Zero shits given.

Suck it hard, Boston fans. Suck it long and hard.

Oh Snap
10-06-2020, 12:11 PM
Im not seeing it. But lets be honest. The patriots are cheaters. They always have been. Their last superbowl appearance and victory were all thanks to the refs penalizing ford for something I see every game from teams, but yet rarely ever gets called. A pre-snap penalty, lining up in the neutral zone. Hell it happened probably 20+ times in last years superbowl alone, and it was never called. We were up by 4pts late in the 4th QTR in the AFCC game in 2018. That interception should have stood. That flag had no influence on the play, but was a game (and superbowl) altering penalty. Still pisses me off.

Wallcrawler
10-06-2020, 12:16 PM
Understand the situation youre in. Patrick is going out of bounds, at the LOS. Its no gain. Youve won this play defensively. WHY would you feel that need to grab/tackle Mahomes as hes going out at the line?

You wanted to get a shot on Mahomes. Fine, its understandable. Take your 15 yard penalty and STFU.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 12:17 PM
The funny thing about that call (yes, it was terrible) is that it had no real impact on the game. The Chiefs didn't get a first down, punted, and IIRC within three or four plays the Pats drove down the field to the exact same spot they would have had the ball anyway. It's not like Pat threw a long touchdown pass on the next play. It cost them a few minutes of playing time; nothing more.

I guess they would have had time to kick the field goal without Hoyer's idiocy costing them the chance. But of course they had ample opportunity to kick it anyway, so fuck 'em. They would have lost by 13 instead of 16. Cry me a river.

Exactly.

Demonpenz
10-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Pats can run backwards through a field full of dicks

MahiMike
10-06-2020, 12:24 PM
I agree and mentioned it last night to my watch party. He's trying to get those 15 yard add on's. Looked so weird.

Bill Brasky
10-06-2020, 12:39 PM
I'm late to this conversation, but hold on here. Do people really think the link below is a flop? Because he was clearly horse collared. Or do people think he felt the tug behind him and fell down?

https://twitter.com/mp2_pgh/status/1313289517529550849?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1313289517529550849%7Ctwgr% 5Eshare_3&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2020%2F10%2Fchiefs-patriots-patrick-mahomes-flops-sideline

edit: Patriots fans can get fucked. I'm glad Pat tries to get extra yards by exploiting the defense when they make mistakes. That's the point of the game. Don't have your hand on the back of his pads if you don't want to get called.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 12:43 PM
You cannot grab a player inside the collar or by the nameplate and pull them or push them to the ground.

It's a penalty, plain and simple.

Spott
10-06-2020, 12:48 PM
Doesn’t really look like a flop. Looks like he tripped over #51’s feet. Maybe it shouldn’t have been a penalty, but it’s not like it was an egregious error by the refs to throw the flag.

mnchiefsguy
10-06-2020, 12:55 PM
You clearly see the defender get his hand inside the collar and grab around the name plate.

The ref called it unnecessary roughness but it really should have been a horsecollar.

lcarus
10-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Doesn’t really look like a flop. Looks like he tripped over #51’s feet. Maybe it shouldn’t have been a penalty, but it’s not like it was an egregious error by the refs to throw the flag.

You know your team has really arrived as the top dog when everyone starts bitching and moaning about every little thing. I saw people calling the Chiefs "luckiest team ever" because Edelman dropped a pass and Mathieu got a pick 6. And because what's his face dropped an easy interception off a bad pass by Mahomes. Those same people easily forget the plays like the horse shit PI on Mathieu that negated an interception and led to their only TD. Or the pass play that was an easy first down to Kelce but was tipped away by Keizer who was crossing the opposite way. Or the Patriots 3rd and 7 play that was tipped into the air by Edelman right into the hands of that long haired fucker that looks like Vigo the Carpathian.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 12:58 PM
You clearly see the defender get his hand inside the collar and grab around the name plate.

The ref called it unnecessary roughness but it really should have been a horsecollar.

Yep.

DJ's left nut
10-06-2020, 01:02 PM
You know your team has really arrived as the top dog when everyone starts bitching and moaning about every little thing. I saw people calling the Chiefs "luckiest team ever" because Edelman dropped a pass and Mathieu got a pick 6. And because what's his face dropped an easy interception off a bad pass by Mahomes. Those same people easily forget the plays like the horse shit PI on Mathieu that negated an interception and led to their only TD. Or the pass play that was an easy first down to Kelce but was tipped away by Keizer who was crossing the opposite way. Or the Patriots 3rd and 7 play that was tipped into the air by Edelman right into the hands of that long haired fucker that looks like Vigo the Carpathian.

Eh.

Shouldn't have been PI, but it was a hold and that would've negated the interception as well.

I don't have any issues with that call.

Monticore
10-06-2020, 01:03 PM
I though it was a flop at first then I thought he tripped on something, I think it was a little bit of both , the guy was still riding him way past the boundary so I am ok with it .

Rasputin
10-06-2020, 01:03 PM
If it draws a flag that's hella smart play genius .

I remember punter Brian Barker flopping and getting a roughing the kicker call all the time.

Bill Brasky
10-06-2020, 02:12 PM
Eh.

Shouldn't have been PI, but it was a hold and that would've negated the interception as well.

I don't have any issues with that call.

Exactly. And the real issue is that it was beyond the 5 yard mark from the LOS. You can't maintain any contact after that initial punch.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Wait until they play the Chargers...

Titty Meat
10-06-2020, 02:28 PM
Who cares

carcosa
10-06-2020, 02:28 PM
I hope all Patriots fans fucking DIE!!!!!!

LiveSteam
10-06-2020, 02:29 PM
So what if he did?
Only a fool puts his anywhere near a starting NFL Quarterback as he's running out of bounds.

Spott
10-06-2020, 02:37 PM

It’s even funnier when it’s the fucktards from Boston doing all the whining. They got every call for two decades on top of all the sketchy crap that organization has gotten away with. They can all suck it, long and hard.

Pitt Gorilla
10-06-2020, 02:39 PM
Who. ****ing. Cares?

PHOG
10-06-2020, 02:40 PM
Cheatriots are crying? LMAOROFLLMAO Don't push him when he's clearly OOB. :clap:

Hammock Parties
10-06-2020, 02:43 PM
I hope all Patriots fans fucking DIE!!!!!!

And I hope their FAMILIES have to WATCH!

Mahomes_Is_God
10-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Cheatriots are crying? LMAOROFLLMAO Don't push him when he's clearly OOB. :clap:

Oh they are furious. Go take a look at their subreddit. It's nothing but whining and crying. It's hilarious. I trolled them a bit and they banned me. No fucks given.

Eleazar
10-06-2020, 02:59 PM
Odd take for a thread linking to an article in a prominent national newspaper.

The "article" is about tweets

Toad
10-06-2020, 03:03 PM
Who cares...
Scoreboard you Boston bean bitches!

Gravedigger
10-06-2020, 03:03 PM
When the DE was chasing him out of bounds, the broadcasting Ref expert said you don't want a defender holding onto the Quarterback as they go out of bounds, he also had him gripped as if it was a horse collar tackle. If the Defender slips and takes Mahomes down with him, that could pull him down awkwardly with 250+ lbs of pressure onto his back, knees so I'm glad he didn't fully flop on that one or the defender could've caused a pretty nasty horse collar, pull him down from behind tackle.

Megatron96
10-06-2020, 04:24 PM
It looked like Patrick slipped there at the end to me. For whatever reason that area a couple yards off the sideline is where a lot of players slip and fall every season.

But when it happened, I said that that guy was going to draw a flag, because his hands were still on Patrick, and that's a big no-no. Can't have your hands on a QB that's already a full stride out of bounds.

And IMO, Patrick didn't flop; he slipped. Flopping isn't really his style.

ljmhawk
10-06-2020, 04:47 PM
the one that wasn’t called he for sure flopped

BigRock
10-06-2020, 05:14 PM
Patriots fans just don't like floppers. They don't tolerate that kind of weak shit.

https://i.ibb.co/N73QCmn/bradyflop.gif

Hammock Parties
10-06-2020, 05:15 PM
heh

I made that GIF

Megatron96
10-06-2020, 05:17 PM
the one that wasn’t called he for sure flopped

Didn't see that one, I guess. Probably I was taking a leak.

eDave
10-06-2020, 05:18 PM
This is what happens when you continue to make comparisons of Mahomes and Co. similar to NBA players and teams.

Red Dawg
10-06-2020, 05:22 PM
The media disrespects us more than any champ in history. If we don't drop 35 every game and win by 14 then we are not that great. Its pathetic.

Lzen
10-06-2020, 07:13 PM
That's (horse collar) is what I thought they were called for at first. But if you look at the replay, not only does #91 have his hands in the no-no zone, but #51 gives him the shove that makes him go down. PMII was clearly out of bounds for more than a couple steps when that happened.
That said, how many times did Brady get away with "flopping"? Screw you, Southie trash, go have a Sam Adams and drive your "ca" into the bay.

Hey, leave Sam Adams out of this. :cuss:

PAChiefsGuy
10-06-2020, 07:35 PM
It looked like Patrick slipped there at the end to me. For whatever reason that area a couple yards off the sideline is where a lot of players slip and fall every season.

But when it happened, I said that that guy was going to draw a flag, because his hands were still on Patrick, and that's a big no-no. Can't have your hands on a QB that's already a full stride out of bounds.

And IMO, Patrick didn't flop; he slipped. Flopping isn't really his style.

Patrick is definitely not a flopper. He doesn't mind getting hit.. I've seen him get rocked get up and tell the guy good hit. Def not his style. He's a tough kid like most QBs in this league.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 07:36 PM
Patriots fans just don't like floppers. They don't tolerate that kind of weak shit.

Brilliant.

Lzen
10-06-2020, 07:44 PM
Speaking of bad calls or missed calls, what about early in the game when a patriot was covering Kelce and then another came over and laid a big hit on him while he was trying to run his route? Yes, it's legal to bump within 5 yards by that was a hit like if he had the ball.

staylor26
10-06-2020, 07:46 PM

Owned :clap:

eDave
10-06-2020, 07:48 PM

That's just solid tackling.

Bwana
10-06-2020, 08:14 PM
Hey whiny Boston trash:

Scoreboard!

Halfcan
10-06-2020, 08:33 PM
Remember when Chris Jones got a roughing the passer call against Brady for touching him?

Yep, that was bullshit. Pats have no room to talk about getting special treatment for their QB.

Remember every time the Pats needed a big play- Brady would just wing it deep and the refs would automatically throw a Pass Interference flag for them- Yep! Clockwork!

Fuck these whiney bitches.

cookster50
10-06-2020, 08:34 PM
Seems simple enough to me.

I hope the Patriots learned their lesson.

I don't.

Halfcan
10-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Remember in 2020- the Pats had ZERO penalties called on their offense until late into the 4th game of the season?

Yep, bullshit.

displacedinMN
10-06-2020, 08:45 PM
Dear Whiny Patriot Fans,

Fuck you.

Everyone else in this world.

KCTitus
10-06-2020, 08:45 PM
I love the sandy vaginas in Boston...fuck them. They got 20 years of favorable calls. Its time to pay the piper and eat the shit just like every other pretender.

bobbything
10-06-2020, 08:55 PM
I distinctly remember a very costly “roughing the passer” penalty in the 2018 AFCCG. Forgive me if the outrage from NE fans for this particular reffing flub rings a little hollow.

They can eat my ass with a spork.

Bearcat
10-06-2020, 09:02 PM
I thought Mahomes embellished the out of bounds tackle, even though he was already going down.

As much as I and every other Chiefs fan wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he otherwise might actually walk on water, I've suspected him of embellishing or diving a time or two in other games as well.... and that sucks to say, because I hate seeing that shit from anyone.

htismaqe
10-06-2020, 09:05 PM
I thought Mahomes embellished the out of bounds tackle, even though he was already going down.

As much as I and every other Chiefs fan wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, because he otherwise might actually walk on water, I've suspected him of embellishing or diving a time or two in other games as well.... and that sucks to say, because I hate seeing that shit from anyone.

The simple fact is the defender had his hand on the collar/nameplate area of the jersey. Out of bounds.

There isn't a QB in the league that wouldn't get the same call. Had nothing to do with it being Mahomes or him "flopping".

Grab a guy in a horse collar, out of bounds, and you're going to get a flag.

Eleazar
10-06-2020, 09:09 PM
The simple fact is the defender had his hand on the collar/nameplate area of the jersey. Out of bounds.

There isn't a QB in the league that wouldn't get the same call. Had nothing to do with it being Mahomes or him "flopping".

There's no reason to initiate any sort of contact when he's already out of bounds. If the defender had been riding him down and the contact started in bounds, he probably would have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

Bearcat
10-06-2020, 09:09 PM

Oh, I totally agree that he was already being tackled out of bounds and deserved the call anyway.... but it also seemed like he tried to sell it, too. I wanted to use 'embellish' instead of 'dive' for that reason.

And maybe he did trip over something or his own feet and that made it look awkward, but it's not the first time I've wondered, either. :shrug:

eDave
10-06-2020, 09:11 PM
The simple fact is that Baker Mayfield does not get that call.

Eleazar
10-06-2020, 09:13 PM

That's different. Everyone would enjoy seeing Baker Mayfield get thrown into the bench.

Rukdafaidas
10-06-2020, 09:36 PM
We’ve been fucked enough times. I don’t care at all when we get favorable calls.

I still haven’t seen a call in our favor as bad as the Forward Progress Sack on Mariota in the playoffs. I could live to be 100 and not understand that one.

Amen!

Rasputin
10-06-2020, 11:17 PM

If our quarterback is smart enough to draw attention to make a ref throw a flag and we benefit from it thats just playing smart.

Rasputin
10-06-2020, 11:24 PM
A LT could put Tamba Hali in a bear naked choke hold and refs wouldn't throw a flag for holding.

BWillie
10-06-2020, 11:27 PM
Yeah, not seeing it.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/10/chiefs-patriots-patrick-mahomes-flops-sideline

I mean, he absolutely flops. He grew up watching James Harden play basketball. I don't like it myself. I've never been for floppers in basketball either. But if thats his only fault, his ruthlessness to even be a Tom Brady or James Harden or soccer player to get wins then so be it.

Chief Northman
10-06-2020, 11:41 PM
A LT could put Tamba Hali in a bear naked choke hold and refs wouldn't throw a flag for holding.

Preach.

My blood pressure just went up...

DTVietnam
10-06-2020, 11:43 PM
all the GOATS look for any advantage...

people will think twice before touching him near the sideline

Mahomes playing mind games out there

PunkinDrublic
10-06-2020, 11:48 PM
Get used to it. Pats fans are going to turn the shrillness level up to 11 as NE becomes less and less relevant.

DRM08
10-07-2020, 01:28 AM
New England fans got no right to talk smack on this issue, unless they wanna also trash their guy.

https://i.gifer.com/A687.gif

Mahomes_Is_God
10-07-2020, 04:14 AM

LMAO

GloryDayz
10-07-2020, 05:50 AM
So? It's the game within the game.. What's next, QBs and WRs playing for DPI calls?

MIAdragon
10-07-2020, 05:58 AM

2 years ago Pat doesn’t either.

InChiefsHeaven
10-07-2020, 06:11 AM
New England fans got no right to talk smack on this issue, unless they wanna also trash their guy.

https://i.gifer.com/A687.gif
Wow, I've not seen this .gif for at least 20 posts...:D

jallmon
10-07-2020, 06:29 AM
The Patriot fans are going through a rough time, seriously. It's like when you allow your pets on the furniture, then buy new furniture and make them stay off of it. Patrick is the new furniture, and the Patriot fans don't like it. Those exact same penalties were enacted to protect TB12, but the Patriot fans don't want them used for any other QB. It's a jealousy thing, imo.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-07-2020, 06:35 AM
The Patriot fans are going through a rough time, seriously. It's like when you allow your pets on the furniture, then buy new furniture and make them stay off of it. Patrick is the new furniture, and the Patriot fans don't like it. Those exact same penalties were enacted to protect TB12, but the Patriot fans don't want them used for any other QB. It's a jealousy thing, imo.

*mic drop*

/end thread

GloryDayz
10-07-2020, 08:13 AM
The Patriot fans are going through a rough time, seriously. It's like when you allow your pets on the furniture, then buy new furniture and make them stay off of it. Patrick is the new furniture, and the Patriot fans don't like it. Those exact same penalties were enacted to protect TB12, but the Patriot fans don't want them used for any other QB. It's a jealousy thing, imo.Quality post. On phone, will rep you later.