PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 29

comochiefsfan
10-12-2020, 05:00 PM
That’s the number of times Mahomes was pressured yesterday. 2nd highest total in a game in his career according to ESPN.

The problem yesterday was both lines got beaten like a rented mule. The D Line barely touched Carr, and the 29 pressures is indicative of just how badly the o-line got whipped, by an average Raiders d-line by the way.

The interior of the line is a sieve, which is putting excess pressure on Schwartz and Fisher to pick up the slack, a task which they don’t seem up to at this point in the season. Add in the fact that that pressure was largely achieved while the Raiders were still dropping 8 into coverage and it becomes clear that we have a serious problem on our hands.

Credit Mahomes for playing as well as he did yesterday, because the fatties did him no favors. Veach has to make a move. Especially with Osemele done for the year. Because if we’re not careful, this line is gonna get Patrick Dak Prescotted...

ModSocks
10-12-2020, 05:07 PM
There's no moves to be made. Guys on the team will have to play better. Rankin will be back, maybe he's a boost.

htismaqe
10-12-2020, 05:32 PM
There's no moves to be made. Guys on the team will have to play better. Rankin will be back, maybe he's a boost.

Unless some freak roster cut happens, you're exactly right.

There are no moves to be made.

Hoover
10-12-2020, 05:40 PM
Wait, I thought the only way to beat Mahomes was to drop 8 into coverage.

That loss was all about line play.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-12-2020, 05:51 PM
We need to draft moar fatties and tell them they can't exempt themselves due to Covid!

dlphg9
10-12-2020, 05:54 PM
Do we have any practice squad lineman or young back ups? Cuz honestly if they were dropping 8 into coverage, but pressured him 29 times and CEH only had 40 yards then there is something seriously fucked up with the O-Line. Steal someone off a practice squad for all I care. You can't get worse than this interior line is playing. I'd rather watch young players then shitty vets.

CarlosCarson27
10-12-2020, 05:56 PM
Anyone here actually rented a mule?

threebag
10-12-2020, 10:46 PM
Haglunds Spirit