PDA

View Full Version : Money Prime Day 2020

dlphg9
10-13-2020, 08:48 AM
Deberg bumped the 2018 Prime Day thread, but why not just make this year's Prime Day a thread of its own. **** Prime Day Megathreads!

Anyone gotten anything cool or have your eyes on anything cool?

loochy
10-13-2020, 08:55 AM
bunch of crap i dont need

im not falling into prime day trap this year

luv
10-13-2020, 08:59 AM
Our TV is just old enough (2016) that it doesn't consistently like newer apps, so I got a Fire Stick for $20 off.

We have bluetooth headphones that you put around your neck and the ear buds come out and go in your ears. Since I can never get ear buds to stay in my ears, I never pull the ear buds out of it and turn the volume all the way up so I can faintly hear the music while I walk. While browsing, I found some bluetooth ear buds that have the hooks that goes over the ears for $14.99, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Otherwise, nope. Nothing big.

Molitoth
10-13-2020, 09:20 AM
Daughter wants an Echo Dot. $23....

https://www.amazon.com/Echo-Dot/dp/B07VB56W4D/ref=gbph_rlm___31eb6093?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&fbclid=IwAR0chPqrps60jGUWHrJ7YdK4Q4A6VvlDrT9pH-iB7iVKl-wqPeJa-XWqyu8

DaneMcCloud
10-13-2020, 09:24 AM
For some reason, I’d never paid any attention until this year.

I purchased an entire Ring system a few weeks ago that I’ve yet to install. Amazon has the Ring 3 Doorbell for $60 dollars less than I paid less than two weeks ago, so I called and had my money refunded.

Walmart started their deals yesterday morning and had a $199 dollar Ninja Blender for $59 dollars but by the time I saw the promotion at 5pm last evening, they were sold out.

There are some crazy cheap TV deals right now, too.

Sofa King
10-13-2020, 09:25 AM
Any good quality TV’s out there for super cheap? I need a 55 or bigger for upstairs.

Sorce
10-13-2020, 09:26 AM
I bought the shark robot vac, it's been on my list for a while and is down to 330 from 500. I don't really get sucked into the deals, mostly just check my wishlist and if something is a good deal then pull the trigger.

Dunit35
10-13-2020, 09:42 AM
Are there any good computers on there? I’m so far out of the loop on my computers. It’s mainly for my under 10 year old kids as they want one. All in one desktop type is what I want. Not for hardcore gaming. She does homework on the laptop but it’s getting slow and old.

Acer Aspire C27-962-UA91 AIO Desktop, 27" Full HD Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1, NVIDIA GeForce MX130, 12GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088HGGRV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HQCHFbFEM0954

htismaqe
10-13-2020, 09:56 AM
Our TV is just old enough (2016) that it doesn't consistently like newer apps, so I got a Fire Stick for $20 off.

We have bluetooth headphones that you put around your neck and the ear buds come out and go in your ears. Since I can never get ear buds to stay in my ears, I never pull the ear buds out of it and turn the volume all the way up so I can faintly hear the music while I walk. While browsing, I found some bluetooth ear buds that have the hooks that goes over the ears for $14.99, so I thought I'd give them a shot.

Otherwise, nope. Nothing big.

I hope you like the Fire Stick. I threw ours in the trash. One of the worst "tech gadgets" I've ever owned.

htismaqe
10-13-2020, 09:57 AM
Are there any good computers on there? I’m so far out of the loop on my computers. It’s mainly for my under 10 year old kids as they want one. All in one desktop type is what I want. Not for hardcore gaming. She does homework on the laptop but it’s getting slow and old.

Acer Aspire C27-962-UA91 AIO Desktop, 27" Full HD Display, 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1, NVIDIA GeForce MX130, 12GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, Windows 10 Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088HGGRV4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_HQCHFbFEM0954

Acer is discount but we've had a few of their laptops and never really had any problems. You might have to work a little harder to keep drivers up to date.

That AIO is likely a laptop motherboard with mostly laptop components - all of the Acer's we've had were laptops so if you're serious about it, that's probably a good deal.

Lzen
10-13-2020, 10:10 AM
I hope you like the Fire Stick. I threw ours in the trash. One of the worst "tech gadgets" I've ever owned.

I have one in our basement tv. It's ok, I guess. I much prefer the Rokus in our other TVs, though.

htismaqe
10-13-2020, 10:14 AM
I have one in our basement tv. It's ok, I guess. I much prefer the Rokus in our other TVs, though.

Ours was slow as hell. Sometimes it would take 15-20 seconds just for a button press to register and navigating from one app to another took forever compared to our other smart devices, even my ancient VIA-based Vizio TV.

The deal-breaker though was Netflix. My mother-in-law used the Fire Stick and she's a Netflix binger. About once a week, the Netflix app would great her with the login screen but entering the username and password would just cause the app to freeze.

I had to go into the app settings, clear the cache data manually, and then log her back in.

ONCE A WEEK. Sometimes more often than that.

Deberg_1990
10-13-2020, 10:15 AM

I’ve never owned one of those. I like the Rokus and Apple TV’s a lot though.

Lzen
10-13-2020, 10:17 AM
Ours was slow as hell. Sometimes it would take 15-20 seconds just for a button press to register and navigating from one app to another took forever compared to our other smart devices, even my ancient VIA-based Vizio TV.

The deal-breaker though was Netflix. My mother-in-law used the Fire Stick and she's a Netflix binger. About once a week, the Netflix app would great her with the login screen but entering the username and password would just cause the app to freeze.

I had to go into the app settings, clear the cache data manually, and then log her back in.

Ah, I see. Well, I've never had those issues, though I can't say I've ever used it for anything other than Youtube TV. I'll have to ask my daughter if she has used it for other things and if she's experienced problems.

htismaqe
10-13-2020, 10:18 AM

Me too.

I've had just quite a few different device platforms - Native Samsung/LG/Vizio, standalone Android, Roku, and Apple TV.

The only one arguably worse than the Fire Stick for me was the standalone Android and it was a $10 Chinese brick that just wasn't executed well.

Dunit35
10-13-2020, 10:19 AM
Acer is discount but we've had a few of their laptops and never really had any problems. You might have to work a little harder to keep drivers up to date.

That AIO is likely a laptop motherboard with mostly laptop components - all of the Acer's we've had were laptops so if you're serious about it, that's probably a good deal.

Thanks for the help. Think I’ll wait to see what’s offered on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I’m sure there will be better deals once it gets closer to Christmas.

Sorce
10-13-2020, 10:45 AM

That was my experience as well, had a 1st gen fire stick so maybe they have improved. Now I have roku's on all my TVs and the work great.

luv
10-13-2020, 10:45 AM

We have one in our bedroom, since it's not a smart TV. Never had any issues with it, but I've never used anything else.

mr. tegu
10-13-2020, 11:51 AM
I’m going to get a Buck disc belt sander. It’s going to be a lighting deal tomorrow morning so I’m not sure the cost but it’s already $25 off and will be even cheaper tomorrow.

mr. tegu
10-13-2020, 11:53 AM
I will add the Rokus are the best of that type of device. The ones without the sensor work great even with nothing to necessarily point at since the stick is in the back of the TV.

mr. tegu
10-13-2020, 12:05 PM
There are a bunch of these garage LED light bulb replacements on lightning deals for cheap. I got two of these at $23 each, about half off. A must for anyone who spends much time doing things in the garage as the lighting is so much better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XG2N6J4/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

DaFace
10-13-2020, 12:08 PM
Me too.

I've had just quite a few different device platforms - Native Samsung/LG/Vizio, standalone Android, Roku, and Apple TV.

The only one arguably worse than the Fire Stick for me was the standalone Android and it was a $10 Chinese brick that just wasn't executed well.

I'm a big fan of the new Chromecast fwiw. The biggest thing is that it puts content first and "apps" second. For example, you have one cohesive watchlist of all the stuff you want to watch regardless of where you can watch it. If a show then moves providers, it'll still be on your watch list - just linked to the new service. It's super nice to not have to use JustWatch or whatever to track things down.

Lzen
10-13-2020, 12:13 PM
There are a bunch of these garage LED light bulb replacements on lightning deals for cheap. I got two of these at $23 each, about half off. A must for anyone who spends much time doing things in the garage as the lighting is so much better.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07XG2N6J4/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile

I think I'll get one of those to put out in my shop.

I also found this dog harness. It's $4.39 off regular price. Been needing to get a better one for my girl.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PGCYWRJ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A2OVB8DG3JN6N0&psc=1

redfan
10-13-2020, 01:47 PM
...firestick issues

I def would've trashed ours long ago if this were the case. As it is, we've ran all of our apps through the stick (hooked to a no-smarty tv) and have never had any issues.

KurtCobain
10-13-2020, 02:36 PM
I bought my mommy a watch for her bday.

Dante84
10-13-2020, 02:47 PM
Huge fan of the new-version Firesticks, had a 1st gen and it lagged in recent years.

The brand new ones are phenomenal, and I have one on each TV.

Fish
10-13-2020, 03:04 PM
Amazon Fire Stick issues are usually network related in my experience. I use several, and have set them up for over a dozen family and friends without issue. I use YoutubeTV, and it's a much better experience on FireTV than other devices. If you get the Stick version, especially earlier gen, I would really recommend getting the ethernet dongle and running ethernet to it.

Marcellus
10-13-2020, 03:05 PM

If you had a 1st or 2nd gen one yea they suck, they are much much faster now.

The fire cube is blazing fast and comes with Alexa capabilities. Its on sale now as well.

Shaid
10-13-2020, 03:24 PM
I have firesticks on all my tvs. Still have the 1st version in a box somewhere, but yeah, it runs like a snail with new stuff.

Megatron96
10-13-2020, 06:39 PM
Scrolled thru about 20 pages on Amazon, still haven't found a single thing I should buy . . .

Graystoke
10-13-2020, 06:42 PM
Scrolled thru about 20 pages on Amazon, still haven't found a single thing I should buy . . .

No sex toys huh?

htismaqe
10-13-2020, 06:48 PM
Amazon Fire Stick issues are usually network related in my experience. I use several, and have set them up for over a dozen family and friends without issue. I use YoutubeTV, and it's a much better experience on FireTV than other devices. If you get the Stick version, especially earlier gen, I would really recommend getting the ethernet dongle and running ethernet to it.

Yeah, it's not the network. Navigating the menus, like settings is dirt slow. It's not just inside the apps.

From reading the rest of these comments, it was probably just the generation of the stick I had. I went back and looked, we bought it in 2015. I'm sure they're much better now.

TribalElder
10-13-2020, 06:55 PM
amazon prime day has been extremely underwhelming the past few years along with this year

you might save 5-10 bucks on an amazon device maybe

Megatron96
10-13-2020, 06:56 PM
No sex toys huh?

Amazon doesn't sell sex toys.

Megatron96
10-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Do they?

Dunit35
10-13-2020, 06:59 PM
I got Starz for $2 for two months through Prime. So that’s cool.

Megatron96
10-13-2020, 07:13 PM
Nevermind. I really don't want to know.

Graystoke
10-13-2020, 07:24 PM

I guess I’m surprised they don’t

scho63
10-13-2020, 09:22 PM
While I was working today at Amazon, we got all kinds of free goodies and snacks.

Sales look good across the board.

BWillie
10-13-2020, 11:50 PM

My Roku is the shit. So easy to use. Great interface. I'm thinking about just totally getting rid of Direct TV and use YouTube TV so I can just use one device and never have to go back from HDMI 1 HDMI 2 etc.

rocknrolla
10-14-2020, 04:25 AM
I'm a big fan of the new Chromecast fwiw. The biggest thing is that it puts content first and "apps" second. For example, you have one cohesive watchlist of all the stuff you want to watch regardless of where you can watch it. If a show then moves providers, it'll still be on your watch list - just linked to the new service. It's super nice to not have to use JustWatch or whatever to track things down.

Ive been looking at switching from Roku, I think I will give the Chromecast a spin. Thanks

Lzen
10-14-2020, 07:57 AM
Ive been looking at switching from Roku, I think I will give the Chromecast a spin. Thanks

Not the same thing. Errr....wait. His post makes it sound as if Chromecast does apps. That's new.

Lzen
10-14-2020, 07:59 AM
I got Starz for $2 for two months through Prime. So that’s cool.

I did that, too. That's a good deal. And I rented a few movies for $2.99.

DaFace
10-14-2020, 08:09 AM
Not the same thing. Errr....wait. His post makes it sound as if Chromecast does apps. That's new.

Correct. They've added an interface and a remote, though you can still cast from a phone if you prefer.

dlphg9
10-14-2020, 08:14 AM

Yes they do. Lots and lots of kinds. OKChiefs, Penbrook4Life, and JakeF bought a three headed monster cock for their sexcapades.

Bwana
10-14-2020, 09:59 AM
I looked around and the only thing that fit the bill was a DeWalt 20v Max reciprocating saw for $99 that I needed anyway. Turns out if they drop from a 20 ft roof and land on concrete, bad things happen.

loochy
10-14-2020, 10:03 AM

LMAO uh yeah they do:

https://www.amazon.com/b?node=3777371

St. Patty's Fire
10-14-2020, 10:04 AM

Yes they do I have bought plenty

loochy
10-14-2020, 10:05 AM
Yes they do I have bought plenty

How's the fleshlight working out?

St. Patty's Fire
10-14-2020, 10:06 AM
How's the fleshlight working out?

*Vibrator, and very well!!!

morphius
10-14-2020, 11:20 AM

I haven't had that problem at all, every once in a while I will have to bounce it, but it has been pretty solid for a few years I've been using ours. Disney and CW are a bit slow on it, but netflix and everything else work fine.

ThaVirus
10-14-2020, 01:07 PM
*Vibrator, and very well!!!

Hah! Shit, gay dudes use vibrators? I never knew

loochy
10-14-2020, 01:43 PM

Anything that fits in my man, anything that fits in

St. Patty's Fire
10-14-2020, 01:46 PM

gay girls do too ;)

FD
10-14-2020, 01:47 PM
Just a reminder to use camelcamelcamel.com before taking any of these "deals". Some are quite real and some are fake.

KCUnited
10-14-2020, 01:50 PM
Anything that fits in my man, anything that fits in

Your man sounds super adventurous and accommodating

ThaVirus
10-14-2020, 01:53 PM
I'm like 98% sure I'd love to have my ass eaten but I can't bring myself to allow it

Mecca
10-14-2020, 01:57 PM
I'm like 98% sure I'd love to have my ass eaten but I can't bring myself to allow it

You need a woman to toss your salad, I guess that is true love.

luv
10-14-2020, 02:55 PM

Wow. This thread sure has turned.

Sofa King
10-14-2020, 03:05 PM
What the hell is going on in here???

I want in.

bdj23
10-14-2020, 03:25 PM
My Beats headphones crapped out on my a few weeks ago and I need a new pair... but god I hate contributing to Bezos ruling the world one day.

:(

htismaqe
10-14-2020, 03:31 PM
My Beats headphones crapped out on my a few weeks ago and I need a new pair... but god I hate contributing to Bezos ruling the world one day.

:(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4qwk2T8-SRA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
10-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Bezos can spend 2 mill and it's like one of us spending a dollar.

DaFace
10-14-2020, 03:56 PM
Bezos can spend 2 mill and it's like one of us spending a dollar.

I wouldn't be a very good billionaire magnate. I'm pretty confident that, if I had more than $10 million or so in the bank, I'd never work another day in my life.

BWillie
10-14-2020, 04:00 PM
I wouldn't be a very good billionaire magnate. I'm pretty confident that, if I had more than $10 million or so in the bank, I'd never work another day in my life.

Agreed. I don't get the work people. Some people just like to earn as much money as possible because it's a power thing and they can never allow themselves to be happy.

You give me 10milsky. I'm traveling the world, indulging on whatever I want, golfing the best courses, and becoming the Royals Man (like the Marlins Man).

Life is to enjoy.

Mecca
10-14-2020, 04:42 PM
I'm sure Bezos will buy sports teams, that's easy profit and those prices are nothing to him.

kcxiv
10-14-2020, 05:04 PM
bought my mom an echo dot. she liked mine! Thing is great for an alarm when cooking or needing a timer for something.