PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CEH fantasy owners

staylor26
10-15-2020, 05:58 PM
How bittersweet is this?

I don’t think Bell takes away as many touches as people are speculating, and he’s definitely not taking the RB1 job, but this still isn’t great news in terms of fantasy.

Honestly though, the way teams are playing us combined with this signing, I wouldn't be surprised if we see an uptick in running plays and passes to our backs that offsets the increase in touches for RB2.

lewdog
10-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Fuck your fantasy.

I want another Super Bowl.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-15-2020, 06:00 PM
I’ve got him on a team

I think it’ll help if anything. Clyde only has 1 TD and therefore I don’t see his fantasy production dipping. He’s gonna score more IMO and really shouldn’t lose all that many snaps considering Darrel already was taking many reps.

staylor26
10-15-2020, 06:00 PM
Fuck your fantasy.

I do too, and if that’s a sacrifice my fantasy team has to make for it, so be it.

kevrunner
10-15-2020, 06:01 PM
It hurts CEH this year big time in redraft leagues, don’t think it effects his value too much in dynasty leagues.

Megatron96
10-15-2020, 06:04 PM
I don't play fantasy, but I'm pretty sure that anyone that owns CEH is going to be just fine. It's very likely that Bell will take most/all of his snaps from Williams/Thompson, not from CEH.

Kman34
10-15-2020, 06:06 PM
I don't think CEH will be closing out games like running the clock out.. Bell will be doing that.. And Goal line situations.. That will hurt his fantasy stock..

staylor26
10-15-2020, 06:06 PM
It hurts CEH this year big time in redraft leagues, don’t think it effects his value too much in dynasty leagues.

Unless you believe Bell is going to take the RB1 job (he’s not), “big time” is a huge stretch.

Like pugs said, Williams was already getting a lot of snaps, and it’s not like CEH has been scoring a lot of TD’s. He’s probably going to score more regardless of Bell’s presence. Not to mention, we are now entering the easier part of our schedule.

KChiefs1
10-15-2020, 06:08 PM
I’m 5-0 with CEH.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/GKQ16p1lhHmfK/giphy.gif

DJ's left nut
10-15-2020, 06:10 PM
Bell isn’t better than CEH at ANYTHING at this point in his career.

Anything causing CEH to struggle will also prevent Bell from succeeding.

His addition is largely a non-factor. They figure this shit out with the run blocking or it’s immaterial.

Megatron96
I don't think CEH will be closing out games like running the clock out.. Bell will be doing that.. And Goal line situations.. That will hurt his fantasy stock..

Not likely. Listen, Andy's not an idiot. He knows perfectly well that CEH needs game snaps to grow and become a complete RB in the NFL. CEH is still going to get snaps late in games, and he's still going to be in on GL sits.

He probably will split some of those snaps with Bell, especially at first, and if Bell has success in those areas, but part of that is for CEH to learn from an accomplished vet.

But there's no way that Andy is going to suddenly decide that CEH is just a situational RB after drafting him with our first pick. That's not a thing.

Red Dawg
I have Clyde but we canx the money because of the uncertainty of what games are happening and when.

staylor26
10-15-2020, 06:11 PM
One thing I have seen anybody mention is this could possibly light a fire under CEH’s ass. He seems like a competitive kid.

The Bills defense isn’t good against the run or the pass, so I fully expect CEH’s best game since week 1.

keg in kc
10-15-2020, 06:13 PM
I'd assume Bell's essentially taking over for Darrel Williams, so I'm not sure how much that actually will impact CEH. CEH already wasn't producing short yardage, red zone and on 3rd down. Not to mention the issue of Bell having to learn the playbook. I don't think it's like Bell's just going to come in and literally take over the offense.

wheeler08
10-15-2020, 06:15 PM
I drafted him 3rd overall. It’s not been a good season so far....

kevrunner
10-15-2020, 06:17 PM
Unless you believe Bell is going to take the RB1 job (he’s not), “big time” is a huge stretch.

Like pugs said, Williams was already getting a lot of snaps, and it’s not like CEH has been scoring a lot of TD’s. He’s probably going to score more regardless of Bell’s presence. Not to mention, we are now entering the easier part of our schedule.

I hope I’m wrong, but Bell wouldn’t have agreed to an incentive laden contract without assurances he would at least get the opportunity (touches) to meet those bonuses.

KChiefs1
10-15-2020, 06:17 PM
Wrong post

DTVietnam
10-15-2020, 06:30 PM
I have CEH..he hasnt been amazing anyway..i think this is going to open up more pass catching oppurtunities. .

he was having a great deal of trouble punching it in from 5 yrds anyway so we are not losing much in that way ..

he'll still be a good RB2 ..kind of like Kareem has been to chubb all year..15 points per game

Megatron96
10-15-2020, 06:33 PM
I hope I’m wrong, but Bell wouldn’t have agreed to an incentive laden contract without assurances he would at least get the opportunity (touches) to meet those bonuses.

How do you know he has an incentive-laden contract? Link?

SAGA45
10-15-2020, 06:37 PM
I think it could end up being a Nick Chubb/Kareem Hunt type of coexistence where both backs are viable RB1's as far fantasy is concerned, especially PPR. Granted, the Chiefs are nowhere near as run-heavy as Cleveland. However, both CEH and Bell are excellent pass catchers and Mahomes is inarguably better than Mayfield. So, essentially you'd have a more PPR-friendly version of Chubb/Hunt at the disposal of Andy Reid which is scary to be perfectly honest.

DTVietnam
10-15-2020, 06:39 PM
I think it could end up being a Nick Chubb/Kareem Hunt type of coexistence where both backs are viable RB1's as far fantasy is concerned, especially PPR. Granted, the Chiefs are nowhere near as run-heavy as Cleveland. However, both CEH and Bell are excellent pass catchers and Mahomes is inarguably better than Mayfield. So, essentially you'd have a more PPR-friendly version of Chubb/Hunt at the disposal of Andy Reid which is scary to be perfectly honest.

completely agree

and we might have 2 more weeks of CEH being alone back there

just found this..

Adam Teicher
@adamteicher
FYI, Bell can't according to NFL protocols enter their facility or start to practice until he tests negative for 5 straight days and then tests negative on the 6th day with a point of contact test. So he won't practice for about a week at best.

also if by the 25th hes not ready..our next game Nov 2 is against the JETS so that would be amazing debut

Why Not?
10-15-2020, 06:39 PM
I’ve got him on a team

I think it’ll help if anything. Clyde only has 1 TD and therefore I don’t see his fantasy production dipping. He’s gonna score more IMO and really shouldn’t lose all that many snaps considering Darrel already was taking many reps.

This is my situation and my perspective exactly.

lcarus
10-15-2020, 06:44 PM
completely agree

and we might have 2 more weeks of CEH being alone back there

just found this..

Adam Teicher
@adamteicher
FYI, Bell can't according to NFL protocols enter their facility or start to practice until he tests negative for 5 straight days and then tests negative on the 6th day with a point of contact test. So he won't practice for about a week at best.

also if by the 25th hes not ready..our next game Nov 2 is against the JETS so that would be amazing debut

Yep I could see him getting a few snaps against the Broncos and then his "real debut" would be against the Jets. Which should be...funny. To see the Jets paying him millions of dollars to beat them is just so J-E-T-S.

htismaqe
10-15-2020, 06:46 PM
Right now, CEH isn't getting a ton of touches anyway because they refuse to run the ball. He had 10 carries against the Raiders.

I don't think this changes a thing for CEH. If anything, it might help free him up.

Why Not?
10-15-2020, 06:46 PM
**** your fantasy.

Being the CEH owner in your fantasy league, I have no choice but to take this personally....

except I totally agree with you!!!!

kevrunner
10-15-2020, 06:47 PM
I have CEH..he hasnt been amazing anyway..i think this is going to open up more pass catching oppurtunities. .

he was having a great deal of trouble punching it in from 5 yrds anyway so we are not losing much in that way ..

he'll still be a good RB1 ..kind of like Kareem has been to chubb all year..15 points per game

He was drafted around the 6th or 7th spot in most drafts. You don’t draft an RB that early and are happy with 15 points a game. Just ask yourself, what would you give in a trade to acquire CEH today and what would you have given for CEH 2 days ago. If you can honestly say it is pretty close to the same, then I can see why you still feel comfortable having him as a RB1. I’m just the opposite. I offered Joe Mixon and AJ Brown for CEH last week, I got rejected. As of today, I wouldn’t even offer Joe Mixon straight up for CEH, that’s how much CEH’s fantasy value has gone down in my opinion.

kevrunner
10-15-2020, 06:49 PM
How do you know he has an incentive-laden contract? Link?

http://https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/10/15/21518618/leveon-bell-chooses-to-sign-an-incentive-laden-one-year-deal-with-the-chiefs-jets-steelers-nfl-news

LoneWolf
10-15-2020, 06:50 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/3ohzdQYqPZHHBBBYu4/giphy.gif

Jamie
10-15-2020, 06:52 PM
I have CEH in my league, but Chiefs success always trumps fantasy for me. Also my QB was Dak, so my team is in the shitter anyway.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-15-2020, 06:55 PM
Clyde has played 65% of the snaps so far, doubt it dips below 60%

cmh6476
10-15-2020, 07:20 PM
There aren't a lot of great running backs. I'm starting guys like Kenyan drake and David Johnson. Meh.

People who invested heavily in CEH aren't just going to run with some other option on their bench. RB depth sucks this year

Pasta Little Brioni
10-15-2020, 07:25 PM
No one curr

CatfishBob2
10-15-2020, 07:51 PM
His value hasn't changed at all. Idk if he was going to be a great RB1 without Bell. He's a great flex though, imo. If you don't have him I'd buy low and profit

tk13
10-15-2020, 08:33 PM
I don't think CEH will go back into the box. Your biggest worry is if they start giving Bell all the goal line carries. But even then we pass the ball so much it's hard to really know.

htismaqe
10-15-2020, 08:34 PM
I don't think CEH will go back into the box. Your biggest worry is if they start giving Bell all the goal line carries. But even then we pass the ball so much it's hard to really know.

Yeah, it's not like CEH was scoring a ton of TD's. This really doesn't affect anything fantasy-wise, IMO.

staylor26
10-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it's not like CEH was scoring a ton of TD's. This really doesn't affect anything fantasy-wise, IMO.

He should’ve had 1 this week :(

Honestly though, I think he ends up scoring more TD’s the rest of the season. The schedule is MUCH easier and he’s too good not to get it going at some point.

htismaqe
10-15-2020, 08:41 PM

Honestly though, I think he ends up scoring more TD’s the rest of the season. The schedule is MUCH easier and he’s too good not to get it going at some point.

Yeah, I agree.

DTVietnam
10-15-2020, 09:06 PM
No one curr

cared enough to click the link and post a message. .

Tribal Warfare
10-15-2020, 09:19 PM
Fantasy fuckwads can beat off to something else

Chief Pagan
10-15-2020, 09:31 PM
I'm in two leagues. I have CEH in one and I have Bell in the other.

I'm doing better in the league with CEH but that is mostly because Russell is cooking.

dlphg9
10-15-2020, 09:33 PM
Don't give 2 shits about fantasy. Still don't get the appeal. I do however like the fanduel thing, but regular fantasy football is boring as shit.

CapsLockKey
10-15-2020, 09:57 PM
As an avid fantasy guy, don't give a crap. Chiefs Superbowl is priority one. Fantasy football is a distraction when chiefs are down. Although I got Bell as a late pick so this whole thing is win-win for me.

CatfishBob2
10-15-2020, 10:39 PM

I don't see him going on a scoring binge, but I think he'll keep his value in his receptions and chunk yardage outside of the redzone. At this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if he scores more than 5 tds the rest of the year, especially if Bell shows up

tyecopeland
10-16-2020, 05:05 AM

Going way out on a limb there. Predicting he'll score more TD's in the next 11 games than he has in the first 5.

staylor26
10-16-2020, 05:25 AM
Going way out on a limb there. Predicting he'll score more TD's in the next 11 games than he has in the first 5.

:rolleyes:

I clearly meant at a significantly higher rate despite the addition of Bell.

Dunerdr
10-16-2020, 06:35 AM
I cAmE hEre To SaY i DoNt CaRe AbOuT fAnTaSy. GTFO dont click on the thread then chodes. I think bell takes DW's snaps and is a pass protector and goal line back. I think CEH still gets what he would have had anyway. He hasnt been super good in the redzone so far.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2020, 06:46 AM
Don't give 2 shits about fantasy. Still don't get the appeal. I do however like the fanduel thing, but regular fantasy football is boring as shit.

The only thing I don’t like about fantasy is you don’t typically play defense. So there’s no way to counter offensive players.

I’m sure there are leagues out there that play defense somehow, but that’s typically overly complex for most guys who are just casual players.

DTVietnam
10-16-2020, 07:09 AM
Your QB cares about fantasy football...

3:46

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W4qXk9FIYLU?start=226" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dunerdr
10-16-2020, 07:11 AM
The only thing I don’t like about fantasy is you don’t typically play defense. So there’s no way to counter offensive players.

I’m sure there are leagues out there that play defense somehow, but that’s typically overly complex for most guys who are just casual players.

You dont play a team defense in your fantasy league?

DTVietnam
10-16-2020, 07:13 AM
You dont play a team defense in your fantasy league?

I was losing by 2 points this week going into the Buffalo Titans game..

I had no players left

my opponent had Buffalo Defense..

he couldve sat them and beat me but he played them in hopes they would score enough to win the overall for the week. .

they got -4 points . I won the week by 2 points

Lzen
10-16-2020, 07:14 AM
One thing I have seen anybody mention is this could possibly light a fire under CEH’s ass. He seems like a competitive kid.

The Bills defense isn’t good against the run or the pass, so I fully expect CEH’s best game since week 1.

Uhh.....what?

The bills rank 4th against the run and 5th against the pass.

Edit:
NM, NFL.com displayed stats incorrectly.
14th vs rush and 24th vs pass.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:16 AM
Uhh.....what?

Shit. We're going to lose.

Lzen
10-16-2020, 07:17 AM
Shit. We're going to lose.

Did I say that?:doh!:

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:18 AM
Did I say that?:doh!:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fkr5PszPQawIRq%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Lzen
10-16-2020, 07:20 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fkr5PszPQawIRq%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

:cuss:

Lzen
10-16-2020, 07:21 AM
I have CEH and I don't know how to take this. Obviously, I'm not benching CEH unless he gives me reasons to do that.

DTVietnam
10-16-2020, 07:22 AM
I have CEH and I don't know how to take this. Obviously, I'm not benching CEH unless he gives me reasons to do that.

the next 2 weeks..nothing will change..the Jets game will be give us an idea of what his future holds..

like we said earlier..he will play a similar role to Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb...Bell will be the workhorse and CEH will get his pitch runs and catches out of the backfield. . he will still produce. .

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:23 AM
the next 2 weeks..nothing will change..the Jets game will be give us an idea of what his future holds..

like we said earlier..he will play a similar role to Kareem Hunt and Nick Chubb...Bell will be the workhorse and CEH will get his pitch runs and catches out of the backfield. . he will still produce. .

I think it might actually help open things up for CEH. They'll be able to be more creative with the offense hopefully. Get them both on the field at the same time, split Bell out in the slot. Stuff like that.

staylor26
10-16-2020, 07:41 AM
I think it might actually help open things up for CEH. They'll be able to be more creative with the offense hopefully. Get them both on the field at the same time, split Bell out in the slot. Stuff like that.

Exactly. the offense getting better and being more consistent is a good thing for CEH’s production.

Not to mention we play some bad teams that we should be killing after the 1st half and turning to a heavy dose of CEH/Bell in the 2nd.

patteeu
10-16-2020, 01:00 PM

Here’s what you need, Stratomatic Football:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/static/html/labs/rr/stratomatic/desktop/static/img/stratomatic-main-mobile.jpg

patteeu
10-16-2020, 01:05 PM
CEH and Dak Prescott were my first two picks this year (in a 2 QB league). It’s a fantasy challenge, but I’m excited to see the real life results with CEH and Bell sharing the backfield.

staylor26
10-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Uhh.....what?

Edit:
NM, NFL.com displayed stats incorrectly.
14th vs rush and 24th vs pass.

And 2 of their games were against the Dolphins and Jets....

Go back and watch their games against the Titans and Rams if you want to see how good their run defense really is.

sedated
10-16-2020, 03:45 PM
I was so glad Bell didn't end up in Miami, Gaskin has been a surprisingly solid RB2 option recently.