PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs WHITLOCK: ANDY REID AND KC WILL EVENTUALLY SEND ‘BAD BOY’ LE’VEON TO DEATH ROW

Pages : [1] 2

Hammock Parties
10-16-2020, 10:19 AM
LMAO

https://www.outkick.com/wp-content/uploads/Andy-Reid-LaVeon-Bell-in-car-1-1-1536x864.jpg

https://www.outkick.com/andy-reid-and-the-chiefs-will-eventually-send-bad-boy-running-back-leveon-bell-to-death-row/

Chiefs coach Andy Reid and team general manager Brett Veach are the Notorious B.I.G. and Puff Daddy of the NFL.

They’re the head of Bad Boy Football. Can’t nobody hold them down. They love giving nasty boys one more chance. They believe in mo players no problems. Reid and Veach are close like Starsky and Hutch and the KC offense hypnotizes me.

Why am I quoting BIG and Puff and analogizing them to the leaders of the defending Super Bowl champions?

Thursday, the Chiefs signed bad boy running back Le’Veon Bell to a one-year contract, and it makes me nervous.

You see, Bell, to me, isn’t bad meaning good, he’s bad meaning bad. He’s a locker-room cancer. He’s poison. In pursuit of cash, he bulldozed his way out of an ideal situation in Pittsburgh, where on the field he meshed perfectly with Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. Bell landed in New York, where he flamed out with the Jets after playing in just 19 games. Owing him an additional $6 million, the Jets cut Bell on Tuesday rather than deal with his bad attitude.

In football, you can’t have a problem with bad boys. The game is best played by them. But you have to pick the right bad boys, the ones who absolutely love the game. That’s my gripe with Le’Veon. I don’t think he loves the game. He loves the financial windfall the game provides him because he’s good at it.

Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game.

Remember when Andy Reid, as head coach of the Eagles, rescued Michael Vick from a federal prison and turned him back into a playmaker? It worked because Mike Vick loves football. That’s also the reason Vick turned into a tremendous leader in the Philly locker room.

Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership.

I don’t have a problem with bad boys. In some respects, I was one myself years ago.

My problem is with unrepentant bad boys. This is why I’m skeptical of my Chiefs tying any part of their success to Le’Veon Bell.

Bell is the kind of running back Suge Knight and Death Row Records would sign. Bell is Tupac Shakur. Dear mama, he’s thug4life. He has ambitions as a ridah. He’s all eyez on me. Bell ain’t got no muddafreakin friends. Grab your Glock when you see Bell rock. He’s hit ‘em up.

For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said. Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary.

I hope I’m wrong. Maybe Bell will be so embarrassed by his New York flameout and so highly motivated to make Adam Gase picture him rolling that he’ll be on his best behavior for the remainder of this season.

Clear enough for ya?

Why you Jets look mad?

Y’all supposed to be happy I’m free!

Oh, I forgot. Adam Gase.

That coach had a lot to say when I was in his offense.

My gut says this ends with Andy Reid and Le’Veon Bell riding down the Las Vegas Strip and Reid pretending he had nothing to do with end of Le’Veon’s career.

Pants
10-16-2020, 10:22 AM
jwhit likes clicks a lot.

wheeler08
I mean, he’s probably not wrong. Maybe Jones can keep him in check. Or else he gets a stunner!

Hammock Parties
BONE THUGS N MARTY YALL

KING VEACH

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 10:26 AM
Whitlock is becoming even more unreadable than he used to be. He just threw out some accusations and didn't even give one bit of evidence to why he thinks those things. He's a hack.

Sassy Squatch
10-16-2020, 10:26 AM
LMAO

Dunerdr
10-16-2020, 10:28 AM
Well that was fucking dumb.

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2020, 10:28 AM
Hey jwhit, if you're reading this, your schtick is weak son. And you can't get this analogy right even. Biggie wasn't driving Pac around in Vegas it was Shug. What the fuck happened to man, your ass used to be beautiful

Hydrae
10-16-2020, 10:32 AM
We have a strong enough locker room that I am not worried about Bell acting out. The culture is amazing and he will either fit or he will be out (see Marcus Peters).

Simply Red
10-16-2020, 10:33 AM
There has never been a bigger case of someone undeserving of a spot on TV/Radio or in the public spotlight, period. This guy knew a few people who set him up. Very similar to Carrington Harrison with Nick setting him up, although Carrington is laps better than this clown. That's just how bad this guy's message truly is.

AdolfOliverBush
10-16-2020, 10:34 AM
The pearl-clutching from Whitlock is pathetic.

Graystoke
10-16-2020, 10:34 AM
Bell wants to increase his Brand and Value during this one year contract
I look for him to be a model player

Bearcat
10-16-2020, 10:35 AM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="15518232" data-share-method="host" data-width="40%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7978339350180503"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/did-you-get-the-views-did-you-get-the-clicks-ophra-gabrielle-union-sassy-gif-15518232">Did You Get The Views Did You Get The Clicks GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/didyougettheviews-gifs">Didyougettheviews GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 10:36 AM
Fuck Whitlock with a rusty crowbar

Simply Red
10-16-2020, 10:36 AM
also - all he ever does is doubt the Chiefs, then when they win - he'll show up on the show in Mahomes wig. He may claim the Chiefs still, but none of the fan base can stand this fat mouth-breather.

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 10:38 AM
Whitlock wanted mo money at FS1, so he left when they didn't give it to him. He's a locker room cancer.

Otter
10-16-2020, 10:40 AM
I'm not a huge fan of this signing from the Bell stories I've heard out of Pittsburg and I think things were balanced pretty good w/o bringing a known 'instigator' into the room. Pretty sure he's on a short leash and Andy & Brett have done their homework.

Should be interesting.

AdolfOliverBush
10-16-2020, 10:40 AM
Whitlock wanted mo money at FS1, so he left when they didn't give it to him. He's a locker room cancer.

ROFL

He wanted mo chicken from Popeye's, but he left once he'd wiped out their inventory. He's a colon cancer.

Seanathon
10-16-2020, 10:41 AM
& we're not obligated to keep him for any amount of time. He can't drag anyone down if he isn't owed anything. I think it will be fine.

alpha_omega
10-16-2020, 10:45 AM
For non-Tupac fans, let me translate what I just said....

Thanks 'cause I didn't think GoogleTranslate was gonna work for that one.

Hammock Parties
10-16-2020, 10:47 AM
Bone, Thugs 'N Andy would be hilarious.

DO IT JASON

Rain Man
10-16-2020, 10:50 AM
Can someone translate this into 1970s rock so I can find it interesting?

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2020, 10:54 AM
Can someone translate this into 1970s rock so I can find it interesting?

Sure Rain Man it's like this. The Chiefs are the Stones, Veach and Reid are Mick and Keith and Le'Veon Bell is gonna drown in his own swimming pool

WhawhaWhat
10-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Clickbait is clickbait.

Rain Man
10-16-2020, 10:55 AM
Sure Rain Man it's like this. The Chiefs are the Stones, Veach and Reid are Mick and Keith and Le'Veon Bell is gonna drown in his own swimming pool

Ohhhh, I get it now.

comochiefsfan
10-16-2020, 10:57 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/iAYupOdWXQy5a4nVGk/giphy.gif

tatorhog
10-16-2020, 11:04 AM
If a nearly washed out Corey Dillon can pull his head out of his ass long enough to be a decent player in NE, I'm pretty sure Bell on a what is basically a prove it deal in a good environment can make similar strides. And if he doesn't, we're not out anything but a little bit of time and a few bucks that otherwise would not impact this season in one iota.

Gravedigger
10-16-2020, 11:06 AM
Can we make it illegal for Whitlock to say the phrase "My Chiefs." "My Kansas City Chiefs." or anything relating to fandom or any relation of being a Kansas City Chiefs fan?

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-16-2020, 11:08 AM
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real. I'm glad we made the move, but it could backfire, even if we cut him when it does, it can have a negative effect on the team. My thoughts are he will be a good fit and be a model teammate this year. I would be suspect of a long term deal if I am any team if he has some success this year. I like the risk, Whitlock doesn't, but to deny their is risk is intellectually dishonest.

BigRedChief
10-16-2020, 11:09 AM
News Flash from Whitlock: Bell could be a problem in the locker room. Well......duh, that’s the obvious downside to the move.

He makes it out that we signed him to a long term deal. We can cut him at any time. No way Reid, Mahomes, Jones etc. allow him to become a locker room problem and stay on the team. No way in a million years does that happen.

Deberg_1990
10-16-2020, 11:16 AM
Why havent the Chiefs signed Jeff George yet??

Red Dawg
10-16-2020, 11:17 AM
He's only here for this season. No contract issue, doesn't have to carry the team, Jones is his friend and if he becomes an issue and starts bitching then they can cut him without owing him anything. I doubt he will be a problem.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 11:22 AM
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real. I'm glad we made the move, but it could backfire, even if we cut him when it does, it can have a negative effect on the team. My thoughts are he will be a good fit and be a model teammate this year. I would be suspect of a long term deal if I am any team if he has some success this year. I like the risk, Whitlock doesn't, but to deny their is risk is intellectually dishonest.

Wrong.

This team we're talking about is the defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs.

They're run by Patrick Mahomes and are galvanized around Kelce, Reek, Clark, Tyrann, and more.

There's ZERO chance Bell has a negative impact on anything. If he causes problems, the players will ignore him and Andy will send him packing. They had issues with Shady last year and he just disappeared down the stretch while the team proceeded to go on a run and win a Super Bowl.

There is ZERO risk with this. None. This is already a fully-formed team.

Bearcat
10-16-2020, 11:22 AM

Eh... I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be different if he was coming in with high expectations of getting the Chiefs on track or something like that, but he's just one more weapon and could fill a need in short yardage/goal line situations. I'd be surprised if he was able to drag down a championship caliber team that already knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl, or if the locker room allowed it to happen.

There's still a risk of him being a distraction (for whatever that's worth), right up until the moment he's cut.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 11:23 AM
News Flash from Whitlock: Bell could be a problem in the locker room. Well......duh, that’s the obvious downside to the move.

He makes it out that we signed him to a long term deal. We can cut him at any time. No way Reid, Mahomes, Jones etc. allow him to become a locker room problem and stay on the team. No way in a million years does that happen.

Exactly.

This team is full of alphas. They're all on the same page. There's zero chance Bell is an issue. They'll just ignore him.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 11:24 AM
Eh... I'd be surprised if that happened. I think it would be different if he was coming in with high expectations of getting the Chiefs on track or something like that, but he's just one more weapon and could fill a need in short yardage/goal line situations. I'd be surprised if he was able to drag down a championship caliber team that already knows what it takes to win a Super Bowl, or if the locker room allowed it to happen.

There's still a risk of him being a distraction (for whatever that's worth), right up until the moment he's cut.

Yup.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 11:27 AM
There is ZERO risk with this. None. This is already a fully-formed team.

Exactly.

This isn't some young team on the fringe of a playoff berth that just signed a player they think will "put them over the top".

The reigning Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs signed a very talented football player to a 1 year deal to compliment the Chiefs offense, not "save" it.

ModSocks
10-16-2020, 11:27 AM
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. He's pointing out the risk and his opinion of said risk. The risk is real.

What risk?

There's no fucking risk here. This whole "Locker room cancer" thing is a bunch of trumped up bullshit.

The worst thing Bell ever did was ask to get paid. That's it. His teammates in Pitt got salty because they wanted him on the field. WTF does that have to do with being a locker room disrupter?

Not being there does not make him a disruptor.

In NY, his goddamn HC had been sending out smoke that he didn't want him before they even hit TC. Gimmie a break with this shit.

There's ZERO, 0, Zilch, NADA evidence of him being a bad team mate or locker room cancer.

False narrative. 110%.

And even if he were, where's the risk? The Jets are fucking paying him, not us. He's a 10 game rental. The Chiefs could cut his ass and there'd be no repercussions.

Where's the risk? You really think he's going into the Chief's locker room and then all of a sudden Pat Mahomes is going to start wearing his hat backwards or some shit? The players are going to go into party mode or something? Everyone's gonna be like, "Fuck it, Bell isn't staying late so i won't either"?

I don't get you people. I really don't.

WTF are ya'll talking about?

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 11:28 AM
This looks like a Fantasy Football or Pro Bowl Roster:

Patrick Mahomes
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Le’Veon Bell
Travis Kelce
Tyreek Hill
Sammy Watkins
Mecole Hardman

Bill Brasky
10-16-2020, 11:29 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/iAYupOdWXQy5a4nVGk/giphy.gif

This is Perfect.

The answer is very simple, Jason. If Bell doesn't fall in-line in the locker room, we'll cut his ass faster than he can turn around. We have no financial skin in this game. It's a one year prove it deal to the rest of the league, so he has strong motivation to perform and get another big contract in FA.

Dumb article.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 11:30 AM
Love him or hate him, Whitlock is not wrong... He's also not right. The risk is real.

LMAO

No, it's not. The Chiefs can cut him at any time. He's playing on a pro-rated 1 year deal and the cap hit will be negligible.

I have no idea why anyone reads or links his bullshit articles because Whitlock is the epitome of a buttfucking moron.

The guy is a fraud.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 11:32 AM
This is Perfect.

The answer is very simple, Jason. If Bell doesn't fall in-line in the locker room, we'll cut his ass faster than he can turn around. We have no financial skin in this game. It's a one year prove it deal to the rest of the league, so he has strong motivation to perform and get another big contract in FA.

Dumb article.

The Chiefs cut their best drafted running back in Franchise History.

But they wouldn't cut Bell if he becomes a distraction?

LMAO

displacedinMN
10-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Death row? He was already with the Jets.

siberian khatru
10-16-2020, 11:35 AM
If money is his priority, then he'll want to attract a robust, multi-year deal in the offseason. The last time he was playing for a contract, he balled.

If he goes full-on diva moron, he'll get cut, and likely cost himself millions next year.

I think he'll play nice for us because it's in his best interest. Good luck to the next team that signs him, though.

Bearcat
10-16-2020, 11:37 AM
I have no idea why anyone reads or links his bullshit articles because Whitlock is the epitome of a buttfucking moron.

Why would Clay ever do such a thing... :hmmm:

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 11:40 AM
Uhhhh no.

He's not not wrong. He's not right. He's not close to being right. Don't give him any credit whatsoever for having a right idea at any point in this article. Because it's just nothing but fucking wrong.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 11:43 AM
The Chiefs cut their best drafted running back in Franchise History.

But they wouldn't cut Bell if he becomes a distraction?

LMAO

Don't forget Marcus Peters, too.

Dunerdr
10-16-2020, 11:43 AM
Just watched his 19 highlights, theres no way you cant say this isnt a massive upgrade over our second and maybe first string back.

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 11:44 AM
THE RISK IS REAL

Sure. You got me. There is risk to signing Leveon Bell.

There is also risk to me getting out of bed in the morning. Something bad might happen to me. A piano might fall on my head. A weasel could gnaw off my nutsack. And to deny there isn't risk is intellectually dishonest.

cabletech94
10-16-2020, 11:52 AM
That’s 4 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

tyecopeland
10-16-2020, 11:59 AM
Why does everyone think bell ruined the locker room in Pittsburgh? Didn't they see what AB did? Just because leveon held out a season for more long term security means he was the problem there? I just don't think he was causing locker room strife as much as he may have went along with the shit AB was doing.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 12:16 PM
Whitlock has been so irrelevant for so long that he's left writing anything he can to stir up attention. This article is dumb, but it's no dumber than what he typically writes.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 12:18 PM

Backfire? On this team? Yeah, I'm sure HB, Frank, Pat, Travis, EB, Reid, et al. will let him act a fool and tear the locker room apart. Great point.

Rain Man
10-16-2020, 12:19 PM
That’s 4 minutes of my life I’ll never get back.

The key to recovery is to make your next four minutes awesome. Here are pictures of Salma Hayek, Patrick Mahomes II, a bacon cheeseburger, and an anniversary edition Lamborghini Countach to get you off to a good start.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/11/article-0-02F7FFB200000578-593_308x185.jpg

https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/XSGIE6ZMNBCELPZFCF5HOJAC5Q.jpg

https://justcook.butcherbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/fidel-fernando-xrdbUgwGWfo-unsplash-800x450.jpg

https://manofmany.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1990-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Edition-6.jpg

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 12:19 PM
Backfire? On this team? Yeah, I'm sure HB, Frank, Pat, Travis, EB, Reid, et al. will let him act a fool and tear the locker room apart. Great point.

Exactly.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 12:25 PM
The key to recovery is to make your next four minutes awesome. Here are pictures of Salma Hayek, Patrick Mahomes II, a bacon cheeseburger, and an anniversary edition Lamborghini Countach to get you off to a good start.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/10/11/article-0-02F7FFB200000578-593_308x185.jpg

https://arc-anglerfish-arc2-prod-advancelocal.s3.amazonaws.com/public/XSGIE6ZMNBCELPZFCF5HOJAC5Q.jpg

https://justcook.butcherbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/fidel-fernando-xrdbUgwGWfo-unsplash-800x450.jpg

https://manofmany.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1990-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Edition-6.jpgWhew, NSFW, Rain Man. I'm a little flush here. Of course, the original Countach is my favorite car of all time.

Edit: Now, I'm wondering if you should do a poll. Which of those four images in the sexiest? Selma might come in third, at best.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 12:29 PM
Exactly.Frank Clark probably doesn't want another ring.

I wonder if I can find a rant to support such a point.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-16-2020, 12:34 PM
You used to at least be able to count on Whitlock's articles being somewhat well-written.

Rain Man
10-16-2020, 12:35 PM
Whew, NSFW, Rain Man. I'm a little flush here. Of course, the original Countach is my favorite car of all time.

Edit: Now, I'm wondering if you should do a poll. Which of those four images in the sexiest? Selma might come in third, at best.

I'd feel guilty putting people in a position where they'd have to choose. That would be cruel.

And I'm a big fan of the Countach. If I ever got an enormous windfall, that would be in my garage. It would have to be really enormous, though, given the maintenance costs.

Salma is on my mind because I watched a movie last night where she was one of the stars. Every time she came onscreen, I forgot what the movie was about.

Demonpenz
10-16-2020, 12:40 PM
I'd feel guilty putting people in a position where they'd have to choose. That would be cruel.

And I'm a big fan of the Countach. If I ever got an enormous windfall, that would be in my garage. It would have to be really enormous, though, given the maintenance costs.

Salma is on my mind because I watched a movie last night where she was one of the stars. Every time she came onscreen, I forgot what the movie was about.

it's a piece of shit. It leaks windshield wiper doesn't work. You have to manually put a lock on the shift to not throw it in reverse.

Demonpenz
10-16-2020, 12:41 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WVp5a38WT_0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 12:41 PM
Why does everyone think bell ruined the locker room in Pittsburgh? Didn't they see what AB did? Just because leveon held out a season for more long term security means he was the problem there? I just don't think he was causing locker room strife as much as he may have went along with the shit AB was doing.

This is exactly what I am thinking. Bell wasn't even at the facility to cause problems. He told the Steelers what he would do if he wasn't paid the contract he thought he deserved and then proceeded to do exactly what he said he was going to do.

He knew the risks of playing the position he plays and what an injury could mean to his next contract. He wasn't in the locker room being crazy or skipping the most important game of the year. AB was a cancer, not Bell. His plan may not have worked out exactly like he wanted and he went to the highest bidder which was the shitty Jets. He gets there and gets to hear how his HC doesn't even want him on the team. I'd be frustrated too if I were Bell. He was playing for a shit HC that didn't even want him and the team sucked worse than he thought it would.

philfree
10-16-2020, 12:50 PM
I just don't see a big risk of a 1/2 season rental of a RB. The guy has everything to gain so he can do right or his career is over. And the Chiefs have no real investment to lose so we'll be fine.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 12:56 PM
Bone, Thugs 'N Andy would be hilarious.

DO IT JASON

I thought it was in interesting take on the situation and fairly entertaining way of putting it. Some of you need to pull the sticks out of your asses.

He didn't lose his mind he just said he has doubts and hopes he is wrong.

pugsnotdrugs19
10-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Just eat, baby

Kman34
10-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Bell wants to increase his Brand and Value during this one year contract
I look for him to be a model player

This.. His future contract will depend on this...

CapsLockKey
10-16-2020, 01:29 PM
Lazy writing. Put more thought into how he could write about a bunch of rappers in a sports article then doing any research. What evidence exists that he's a locker room cancer? Everyone seemed to get along with him fine in Pittsburgh. They didn't get rid of him because he was a problem, they just didn't want to pay him what he thought he was worth. Even with the supposed rift between him and Gase (that Gase started as soon as he got there) never heard even a rumor about being a bad teammate or a cancer. Greedy or thinking he's worth more than he is? Sure.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 01:32 PM
I thought it was in interesting take on the situation and fairly entertaining way of putting it. Some of you need to pull the sticks out of your asses.

He didn't lose his mind he just said he has doubts and hopes he is wrong.

The problem is that he's completely wrong.

Leveon Bell is walking into an established locker room with well-defined leaders. There's zero risk in this. It's impossible for him to be a disruption, they'll just lock him out and he'll disappear like Shady did last year down the stretch.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 01:43 PM
The problem is that he's completely wrong.

Leveon Bell is walking into an established locker room with well-defined leaders. There's zero risk in this. It's impossible for him to be a disruption, they'll just lock him out and he'll disappear like Shady did last year down the stretch.

Dude there is always the possibility he could be a problem.

You do realize he just got cut by the JETS when its costing them a ton of $? I know they are a mess, I know they aren't KC but he obviously forced his way off a team paying him a shit ton of money.

So no its not "impossible" for Bell to be a distraction, though I also find it not likely as well.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 01:47 PM

You do realize he just got cut by the JETS when its costing them a ton of $? I know they are a mess, I know they aren't KC but he obviously forced his way off a team paying him a shit ton of money.

So no its not "impossible" for Bell to be a distraction, though I also find it not likely as well.
So, how could he be a distraction in KC? If he was an issue at all, why wouldn't KC simply cut him immediately?

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 01:48 PM

First, he didn't force his way off of the Jets. Adam Gase never wanted him. Gase finally just decided to give up the charade and cut him. Bell didn't really do anything at all. Gase is just an asshole.

Second, do you really think Mahomes, Kelce, Clark, Mathieu and this group is going to be affected at all if Bell decides to be distraction? There's no way he has any ability to affect the locker room, even if he decides to act like a complete dick.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 01:48 PM
So, how could he be a distraction in KC? If he was an issue at all, why wouldn't KC simply cut him immediately?

I don't know man, how has any player ever been a distraction in the course of NFL history? All they have to do is cut them. :facepalm:

Did you miss the part where I said it was highly unlikely?

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 01:49 PM
I know they are a mess

I don't think you do.

Care to explain to us everything that happened since Bell signed with the Jets?

Frank Clark wanted $20 million per. The Seahawks couldn't afford to pay him so they traded him.

Has Clark been a lockerroom "cancer"?

Kman34
10-16-2020, 01:50 PM
It’s not like he’s Antonio Brown... Is it ??? That a whole different kind of crazy..

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
I don't know man, how has any player ever been a distraction in the course of NFL history? All they have to do is cut them. :facepalm:

You made the distinction that the Jets cut him and owed him a ton of money. The Chiefs could cut him tomorrow without a second thought.

I don't get the "distraction" angle at all. You're going to have to be more specific to this theoretical angle.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 01:52 PM
First, he didn't force his way off of the Jets. Adam Gase never wanted him. Gase finally just decided to give up the charade and cut him. Bell didn't really do anything at all. Gase is just an asshole.

Second, do you really think Mahomes, Kelce, Clark, Mathieu and this group is going to be affected at all if Bell decides to be distraction? There's no way he has any ability to affect the locker room, even if he decides to act like a complete dick.

Yea you go with that. :thumb: Its unpossible. Never happened before.

You act like I am against the move, which I am not.

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 01:53 PM
I don't think you do.

Care to explain to us everything that happened since Bell signed with the Jets?

Frank Clark wanted $20 million per. The Seahawks couldn't afford to pay him so they traded him.

Has Clark been a lockerroom "cancer"?

Your argument is you don't think I know the Jets are a mess after I just said the Jets are a mess? Seriously?

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 01:54 PM

Good lord man I wasn't aware Leveon Bell walked on water.He doesn't have to; the Chiefs don't owe him ****. If he's great, great. If he's good, good. If he's not, they can unceremoniously cut him.

BTW, who in your mind claimed that Bell walks on water? Honest question.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 01:54 PM

It's pretty clear, despite your claim about knowing the Jets are a "mess" that you don't know what happened there during his brief tenure.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 01:55 PM

It's not impossible. It's about as bloody likely as me winning the power ball this week, though.

It's not about being against the move. It's about Whitlock just flat out being wrong. He didn't say Bell could possibly be a cancer. He said he IS a cancer.

He's wrong. I'm sure you agree at this point, right?

And for the record, I don't think Bell walks on water. However, I do think this team pretty much does. I'm not worried about Bell because I trust THEM.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 01:55 PM
Your argument is you don't think I know the Jets are a mess after I just said the Jets are a mess? Seriously?

You're so convinced that Bell caused problems there that I'd like to hear, in detail, what transpired since Bell signed in 2019.

I know exactly what happened. I'm betting you do not.

Prove me wrong.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 01:58 PM
You're so convinced that Bell caused problems there that I'd like to hear, in detail, what transpired since Bell signed in 2019.

I know exactly what happened. I'm betting you do not.

Prove me wrong.

They fired the guy that wanted him and the new coach didn't. JFC man that doesn't explain cutting him week 5 of the season and eating all that money.

Why couldn't they trade Bell? If he is so valuable and no risk why wasn't another team taking the risk and make a trade for a low rounder?

tyreekthefreak
10-16-2020, 01:58 PM
Not worried about Bell being exposed.....I'm worried about Bell exposing how shitty our OL is....

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 01:59 PM

Whitlock went a bit further than saying "Leveon may be a distraction" he called him a cancer/poison. He never gives proof or a real reason why. He's just a click bait writing hack

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 01:59 PM
They fired the guy that wanted him and the new coach didn't. JFC man that doesn't explain cutting him week 5 of the season and eating all that money.

Why couldn't they trade Bell? If he is so valuable and no risk why wasn't another team taking the risk and make a trade for a low rounder?

They couldn't trade him because they owed him $6M in guaranteed money. Nobody was taking on that contract when they knew Gase wanted to cut him anyway.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
It's not impossible. It's about as bloody likely as me winning the power ball this week, though.

It's not about being against the move. It's about Whitlock just flat out being wrong. He didn't say Bell could possibly be a cancer. He said he IS a cancer.

He's wrong. I'm sure you agree at this point, right?

And for the record, I don't think Bell walks on water. However, I do think this team pretty much does. I'm not worried about Bell because I trust THEM.

I honestly don't have the answer to this because neither of us actually know.

I think Whitlock's case is he doesn't think Bell loves the game, he loves the $ or he would have worked it out in Pitt, its right there in the article.

He wouldn't be the first guy to make a bad business decision but he certainly fucked up not taking the Steelers offer.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 02:02 PM

Literally everyone knew he'd be available for free very soon, which, of course, he was.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:03 PM
They couldn't trade him because they owed him $6M in guaranteed money. Nobody was taking on that contract when they knew Gase wanted to cut him anyway.

$6MM is too much for potential real playmaker?

I think the truth is nobody knows what Bell is right now. Nobody.

I honestly don't have huge hopes, he hasn't been an effective football player in 2.5 years or so. I hope he kills it but I have my doubts. Still better than Darrell Williams though so its an upgrade.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:10 PM

It's absolutely too much when pretty much everybody in the league knew if they waited 48 hours, they could pay him chump change and leave the Jets with the bill. It has nothing to do with Bell's ability, it's simple economics.

I honestly don't have huge hopes, he hasn't been an effective football player in 2.5 years or so. I hope he kills it but I have my doubts. Still better than Darrell Williams though so its an upgrade.

He was an effective football player last year. He was 20th in the league, amongst all non-QB's, in yards from scrimmage. 20th. He had more yards from scrimmage last year than anybody on the Chiefs.

PHOG
10-16-2020, 02:10 PM
Move along....nothing to see here....c'mon folks, go about your business.. nothing to see :doh!:

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:12 PM
It's absolutely too much when pretty much everybody in the league knew if they waited 48 hours, they could pay him chump change and leave the Jets with the bill. It has nothing to do with Bell's ability, it's simple economics.

He was an effective football player last year. He was 20th in the league, amongst all non-QB's, in yards from scrimmage. 20th. He had more yards from scrimmage last year than anybody on the Chiefs.

So the Jets just cut an effective player and ate all that money for no reason.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:16 PM
20th in the leauge at your position is not effective dude, you are spinning hard.

Read it again.

He was 20th in the league among all non-QB skill position players. He had more yards per game than Travis Kelce, Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, and Damien Williams.

He had more yards from scrimmage per game than DeAndre Hopkins, George Kittle, Miles Sanders, O'Dell Beckham, and hundreds of other name players.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:17 PM
So the Jets just cut an effective player and ate all that money for no reason.

Yes, you simply don't understand who or what Adam Gase is, do you?

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Yes, you simply don't understand who or what Adam Gase is, do you?

Look like I said I'm fine with the signing and hope it works out awesome. I just find it kind of funny people think its impossible Bell could cause a problem. Yea he would get cut after he caused a problem.

And its equally as funny to think Adam Gase just cut him because Bell was doing everything he was supposed to be doing and was being a good teammate etc... I get that Gase is not a good coach but the dots don't connect. Gase isn't even likely to be around much longer, odd the owner would just let him cut a good player and eat the money for no reason. Doesn't pass the smell test.

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Good. You agree with us that it's highly unlikely, so IowaChiefsFan supporting what Whitlock said in a bullshit column is probably a bad idea that doesn't make any sense.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Good. You agree with us that it's highly unlikely, so IowaChiefsFan supporting what Whitlock said in a bullshit column is probably a bad idea that doesn't make any sense.

I simply thought the column was kind of entertaining. I can sometimes enjoy something even if I don't completely agree, I thought the rap tie in was kind of funny.

Seriously this place is getting insane. Like I said earlier some people need to take the stick out of their ass.

:shrug:

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:29 PM
Look like I said I'm fine with the signing and hope it works out awesome. I just find it kind of funny people think its impossible Bell could cause a problem. Yea he would get cut after he caused a problem.

If they'll cut him the instant he tries to cause issues, how is there actually a problem? He's either a model citizen or he's out. That really doesn't leave any time for him to actually have an impact on the locker room, does it?

And its equally as funny to think Adam Gase just cut him because Bell was doing everything he was supposed to be doing and was being a good teammate etc... I get that Gase is not a good coach but the dots don't connect. Gase isn't even likely to be around much longer, odd the owner would just let him cut a good player and eat the money for no reason. Doesn't pass the smell test.

Adam Gase orchestrated trading one of the best defensive players in the league to the Seahawks before the season started. In an effort to be a good teammate, Bell actually BACKED GASE despite the fact that the league universally thought it was a dumb idea.

Gase hated the Bell acquisition. He wasn't ever going to give Bell a fair shot. If you want to blame Bell for that, that's your problem. You're right about one thing: Adam Gase has never passed the smell test.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:32 PM
I simply thought the column was kind of entertaining. I can sometimes enjoy something even if I don't completely agree, I thought the rap tie in was kind of funny.

Seriously this place is getting insane. Like I said earlier some people need to take the stick out of their ass.

:shrug:

Sorry, you can't make assertions like Whitlock made and not get called on it, comedic intent or not.

If he had said he wasn't a fan because he thinks Bell is a bad apple, that's one thing.

He flat out said that he IS a cancer and he WILL fail in KC. You expect fans of the team to just sit back and say "wow, that guy is funny".

Come on, man.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:34 PM
"Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary."

Forget Leveon Bell for a minute.

How many times in the article does Whitlock take shots like this at REID AND VEACH?

Those guys just brought us the only Super Bowl victory some of us have ever seen.

Fuck Jason Whitlock.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:35 PM
Sorry, you can't make assertions like Whitlock made and not get called on it, comedic intent or not.

If he had said he wasn't a fan because he thinks Bell is a bad apple, that's one thing.

He flat out said that he IS a cancer and he WILL fail in KC. You expect fans of the team to just sit back and say "wow, that guy is funny".

Come on, man.

You going to keep telling me Bell didn't force his way out?

The final straw came Sunday, when Bell took to Twitter after a loss to the Cardinals and liked several tweets criticizing how coach Adam Gase utilized him. He liked one tweet that said the Jets should trade him.

Sources said Bell and his agent conveyed their unhappiness to the Jets and the sides agreed to try to find a trade partner. The Jets gave permission to Adisa Bakari, Bell’s agent, to seek a trade and the team did the same, but found no takers. The Jets were willing to pay a portion of the $6 million remaining on his salary to facilitate the trade, but a sticking point for teams was the $8 million guaranteed for injury in 2021.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 02:36 PM
"Bell is going to bring dysfunction to the Chiefs. He’s troublesome. He’s going to make Andy Reid and Brett Veach sing Hail Mary."

Forget Leveon Bell for a minute.

How many times in the article does Whitlock take shots like this at REID AND VEACH?

Those guys just brought us the only Super Bowl victory some of us have ever seen.

**** Jason Whitlock.
"It's funny. you just need to take the stick out of your ass."

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 02:38 PM

The whole thing started almost 2 freaking years ago.

But yeah, let's blame it all on Bell.

Nevermind that Adam Gase is the worst head coach in football.

Mecca
10-16-2020, 02:40 PM

They tried to trade him last year...Gase didn't want him and got super petty about it from day 1.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:41 PM
"It's funny. you just need to take the stick out of your ass."

Its not that inflammatory, damn you guys are uptight. He is basically just saying he thinks they will regret it.

The cool thing, no matter what Whitlock writes, it will have no effect on how Bell plays or acts.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:42 PM

Who blamed it all on Bell? I was just showing you how Bell contributed to getting cut. You literally claimed he had nothing to do with it.

Marcellus
10-16-2020, 02:43 PM
I'm going to have a beer with some co workers, you all have a good night.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 02:44 PM

In a year in which most teams have very little salary cap space, followed by a year in which the Salary Cap may decrease by $20 million or more, the answer is a solid "Yes".

Mecca
10-16-2020, 02:45 PM
Let's be fair here, a lot of posters that hated Whitlock all of the sudden think his stupid jokes and schtick are funny because he teamed up with Clay Travis and started expressing political opinions they agree with, that is literally all that changed.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 02:48 PM

Dan Quinn, who is lightyears ahead of Gase in terms of NFL success, was fired this season while Gase still has a job.

But sure, the blame lies with the players, not the shitty owner, front office and coaching staff.

:rolleyes:

I mean, what the fuck, people?

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 02:49 PM
Let's be fair here, a lot of posters that hated Whitlock all of the sudden think his stupid jokes and schtick are funny because he teamed up with Clay Travis and started expressing political opinions they agree with, that is literally all that changed.

:thumb:

Mecca
10-16-2020, 02:49 PM
It's funny how Adam Gase is still around because he road Peyton Mannings coat tails for a bit.

siberian khatru
10-16-2020, 02:50 PM
Why would anyone think Bell would be a threat to the locker room? You think the Chiefs are gonna keep him around long enough to disrupt the team? If he so much as uses the wrong pronoun, they're gonna cut his ass, because they have nothing invested in him.

Now, if Mahomes suddenly goes full Wayne Brady-gonna-choke-a-bitch in the locker room, THEN they have a problem.

Mecca
10-16-2020, 02:51 PM
Bell has every reason in the world to be on his best behavior.

siberian khatru
10-16-2020, 02:53 PM
Bell has every reason in the world to be on his best behavior.

He does if he wants a big contract next year. So even if he's all about the Benjamins, he's gotta earn them THIS season.

Rain Man
10-16-2020, 03:06 PM
it's a piece of shit. It leaks windshield wiper doesn't work. You have to manually put a lock on the shift to not throw it in reverse.

I can work around that. How does the paint hold up when supermodels throw themselves onto the hood at stop lights?

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 03:07 PM
Who blamed it all on Bell? I was just showing you how Bell contributed to getting cut. You literally claimed he had nothing to do with it.

What was he supposed to do when Gase basically decided he didn't want him there from the minute they acquired him?

What was he supposed to do when Gase traded away Jamal Adams and instead of piling on like everybody else, Bell supported Gase's decision, only for Gase to continue to treat him like a dog?

I don't know about you but when somebody is trying to force feed me a spoonful of shit, I'm sure as hell not going to grin and eat so that everybody won't think I'm "selfish".

Mecca
10-16-2020, 03:13 PM
What was he supposed to do when Gase basically decided he didn't want him there from the minute they acquired him?

What was he supposed to do when Gase traded away Jamal Adams and instead of piling on like everybody else, Bell supported Gase's decision, only for Gase to continue to treat him like a dog?

I don't know about you but when somebody is trying to force feed me a spoonful of shit, I'm sure as hell not going to grin and eat so that everybody won't think I'm "selfish".

It's also not like Gase doing shit that way is or was working or honestly has ever worked. At some point enough is enough.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 03:17 PM
It's also not like Gase doing shit that way is or was working or honestly has ever worked. At some point enough is enough.

And let's not forget that Gase traded Jay Ajayi to the Eagles, who won the Super Bowl in 2017 and also allowed Damien Williams to walk after the 2017 season.

Acting like Adam Gase is some kind of NFL Talent Guru couldn't be further from the truth.

chiefzilla1501
10-16-2020, 03:35 PM
Andy Reid loves DeSean Jackson like a son. He said he didn't want DeSean in kc because he worried about ruining chemistry. Didn't even bother to look at Antonio brown. Yet he and veach have had leveon in their sights for years. I trust these guys did plenty of homework if they wanted leveon this badly.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-16-2020, 03:51 PM
My only problem with signing Bell is that the guy held out for a year because he felt like he was worth so much. Just don't like selfish people like that when he's already making millions. Tells me he's not a team player and he's all about himself. Period. I'll trust Veach and Reid of course and it will be interesting to watch.

No doubt he's an incredible talent. At least at one point.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 03:55 PM

I was thinking this exact thing. It seems to be coming from just a few posters though. So far 90% of the people posting in this thread agree that the article is trash.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 03:56 PM
My only problem with signing Bell is that the guy held out for a year because he felt like he was worth so much. Just don't like selfish people like that when he's already making millions. Tells me he's not a team player and he's all about himself. Period. I'll trust Veach and Reid of course and it will be interesting to watch.

Not this shit...

Players have the right to hold out for however much money they think they should get.

poolboy
10-16-2020, 03:57 PM
Im sure Bell saw what happened to Shady when he didnt secure the ball
He knows what will happen if its not team first

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 04:11 PM
I was thinking this exact thing. It seems to be coming from just a few posters though. So far 90% of the people posting in this thread agree that the article is trash.

Bump, who doesn't even post in the Lounge, downvoted my comment about Whitlock because apparently, I hurt his feelings.

He's just another in a long line of CUNTS that spend all their time in DC, yet neg rep and downvote people in the Lounge without participating.

Fuck you with a rusty crowbar, Bump. You need to have your estrogen level checked, Woman.

Megatron96
10-16-2020, 04:20 PM
Le'Veon is going to be a positive teammate and a solid contributor for the Chiefs if only for one reason: if he doesn't show out with the Chiefs this season, his career is effectively over.

Playing for the Chiefs, his 'brand' will be on full display every week. Every ball he carries/catches will be scrutinized a dozen times come the following Monday morning on every major sports show for the rest of the season. And he has to know that.

And he won't have any excuses now, because the NFL knows that Andy can bring in virtually any decent RB and get them to perform. Case in point, Damien Williams. If Bell can't for some reason, it'll be a huge red flag against Bell going forward.

So he'll have to make a point of being a great teammate and a positive veteran presence both on and off the field, or he can kiss any hope of earning another long-term contract away. And he'll have to put up solid numbers on top of all that.

Kiimo
10-16-2020, 04:23 PM

This is 100% nonsense

FAX
10-16-2020, 04:30 PM
Spewage from The Green Room Cancer.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-16-2020, 04:52 PM
This is 100% nonsense

Why? Explain yourself.

eDave
10-16-2020, 04:58 PM
Why? Explain yourself.

If he doesn't ball out here, he's an idiot. CEH working with this guy is well worth the vet minimum as well.

jerryaldini
10-16-2020, 05:00 PM
Bump, who doesn't even post in the Lounge, downvoted my comment about Whitlock because apparently, I hurt his feelings.

He's just another in a long line of ****S that spend all their time in DC, yet neg rep and downvote people in the Lounge without participating.

**** you with a rusty crowbar, Bump. You need to have your estrogen level checked, Woman.

He's only here for the politics. Claimed he was quitting the chiefs after the pregame thing and the Mahomes commercials in game 1.

jerryaldini
10-16-2020, 05:01 PM
Prediction: only controversy Bell brings is first day he makes Thompson his bitch.

https://i.imgur.com/QYuPIYI.jpg

Kiimo
10-16-2020, 05:05 PM
Why? Explain yourself.

Siding with "selfish players" over billionaire owners is ****ing stupid.

Any time a fan complains about a millionaire demanding their worth from a billionaire and calling them greedy is either jealous, ignorant, racist or all of the above.

Pittsburgh front office treats players like trash stop being a moron.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-16-2020, 05:07 PM

Any time a fan complains about a millionaire demanding their worth from a billionaire and calling them greedy is either jealous, ignorant, racist or all of the above.

That's 100% nonsense!

notorious
10-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Gase should send Peyton Manning 99% of his paychecks.

The only reason he isn't selling insurance is he was lucky enough to coach at Denver when Manning was there.

He was and still is a worthless piece of shit.

Bell will be better. No doubt in my mind.

JakeF
10-16-2020, 05:15 PM
I'm shocked that i finally agree with Whitlock about something.

Not only is Bell a bad boy but he's a bad boy that's already been paid. He doesn't give a shit about anything, he just wants an easy Super Bowl win. If things get tough he will quit. We didn't really need a new RB, we needed better blockers. When our shitty blocking makes things tough on Bell he will blame someone and cause problems.

I doubt Bell makes it to the end of the season on the Chiefs.

TwistedChief
10-16-2020, 05:18 PM

Not only is Bell a bad boy but he's a bad boy that's already been paid. He doesn't give a shit about anything, he just wants an easy Super Bowl win. If things get tough he will quit. We didn't really need a new RB, we needed better blockers. When our shitty blocking makes things tough on Bell he will blame someone and cause problems.

I’ll give you 10:1 odds he makes it to the end of the season, moron. Name your size.

notorious
10-16-2020, 05:18 PM

Dane and htis changed my mind.

Our RB depth chart is abysmal. Bell is a very good backup and spot duty back. He will replace Shady, and do a much better job.

Don't think of Bell as the star from Pittsburgh, think of him as a good, solid RB to get 100-150 touches the rest of the year.

Megatron96
10-16-2020, 05:19 PM

If Bell quits on the Chiefs, his career in the NFL is over. Both Bell and his agent should be well aware of that fact.

FloridaMan88
10-16-2020, 05:28 PM

Why is Bell a “bad boy”?

Because he held out and refused to sign a second consecutive franchise tag from Pittsburgh? That’s a business decision and his right to do... it’s not the same as being under contract and insubordinate as was the case with AB.

In terms of off the field issues, Bell was once caught with weed in his car... that’s it.

eDave
10-16-2020, 05:29 PM
Why is Bell a “bad boy”?

Because he held out and refused to sign a second consecutive franchise tag from Pittsburgh? That’s a business decision and his right to do... it’s not the same as being under contract and insubordinate as was the case with AB.

In terms of off the field issues, Bell was once caught with weed in his car... that’s it.

Neither here nor there, but I wonder if a KC cop would haul in Patrick if he was stopped with weed.

Wallcrawler
10-16-2020, 05:30 PM
Wasn't Bell refusing to be franchised at 14 million?

Look at Dak Prescott. Signed the tag, horrific injury, at least 2 years away from any long term financial security.

Don't blame Bell one bit for holding out. Running backs have short shelf life. You get your money when you can, or you may never get it.

Pittsburgh should have paid him. His numbers more than earned a long term fair contract.

Thats not selfishness, thats just good business. Dont risk an injury playing rb on a franchise tag.

eDave
10-16-2020, 05:31 PM

Look at Dak Prescott. Signed the tag, horrific injury, at least 2 years away from any long term financial security.

Don't blame Bell one bit for holding out. Running backs have short shelf life. You get your money when you can, or you may never get it.

Pittsburgh should have paid him. His numbers more than earned a long term fair contract.

Thats not selfishness, thats just good business. Dont risk an injury playing rb on a franchise tag.

Remember the experts who disliked Patrick's decision to leave money on the table? As it turns out, they were all just jealous bitches.

Kiimo
10-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Neither here nor there, but I wonder if a KC cop would haul in Patrick if he was stopped with weed.

It's ridiculous that it is still illegal.

You can practically buy it at 7-11 here

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 05:33 PM

You know why he thought he was worth so much?

They franchise tagged him as a RB TWICE which gave him no long term security if he should get injured. At the time they were tagging him, his career yards per game of almost 130 yards was the best in NFL history since the AFL merger.

He was a legitimate one in a generation back at that point.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 05:36 PM

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Just when you think it can get worst the King of All Hot Takes shows up.

Wallcrawler
10-16-2020, 05:39 PM
You know why he thought he was worth so much?

They franchise tagged him as a RB TWICE which gave him no long term security if he should get injured. At the time they were tagging him, his career yards per game of almost 130 yards was the best in NFL history since the AFL merger.

He was a legitimate one in a generation back at that point.

I thought it was something like that. Dude played on the tag and they slap him with it again? And HE is seen as selfish instead of the organization?

Dude absolutely made the right choice to sit. Now he got his money, and hes going to be playing with the best qb on the planet against the lightest boxes he's ever seen, while being paid by the team who cut him.

I expect we will see Bell return to form in short order with this offense.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 05:39 PM

Exactly. He wasn't tagged once, they tagged him TWICE.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 05:48 PM

I’m shocked that you’re still allowed to post. How the **** does that happen?

carcosa
10-16-2020, 05:49 PM
jwhit is the ultimate Rude Bitch

carcosa
10-16-2020, 05:50 PM

That would be a great way to get more people on board with defunding the police

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 05:51 PM
Why would anybody agree with this article?

I get that people don't like Bell but put Bell aside for a couple of minutes.

Whitlock took MULTIPLE shots at Reid and Veach.

You know, the guys that orchestrated the ONLY SUPER BOWL some of us have ever seen!

What did they do to deserve anything in that article?

Like I said before, fuck Jason Whitlock.

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 05:53 PM

Steven Nelson thinks Pittsburgh treats its players great!

TribalElder
10-16-2020, 05:56 PM
He should have stayed on TV

PunkinDrublic
10-16-2020, 05:57 PM
**** Whitlock with a rusty crowbar

This, what a garbage column. No wonder he’s turned into a Rush Limbaugh clone his writing is terrible.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 06:09 PM

Lmao Marcellus and JakeF being fucking idiots together.

mnchiefsguy
10-16-2020, 06:10 PM
This article was hot garbage. Whitlock must pining for attention.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2020, 06:20 PM
I think I'd rather be tortured like Theon Greyjoy than read another Whitlock column. No wonder he's relegated himself to becoming Clay Travis' sidekick. That was an embarrassing effort.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 06:21 PM

FYI, Bell played under the Franchise Tag in 2017 and put up phenomenal numbers.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 06:23 PM
FYI, Bell played under the Franchise Tag in 2017 and put up phenomenal numbers.

Correct.

In 15 games, he finished with just shy of 2000 yards from scrimmage.

The Steelers rewarded him with the franchise tag for a 2nd time.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 06:24 PM
He should have stayed on TV

He didn't have a choice because he was fired

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2020, 06:28 PM
It probably helps to think of Whitlock like a washed up porn starlet doing increasingly degrading scenes to keep getting bookings.

In our analogy, he appears to have reached the "playing watersports with a group of homeless Lativan heroin addicts filmed on VHS-C," portion of his career.

Wallcrawler
10-16-2020, 06:34 PM
Correct.

In 15 games, he finished with just shy of 2000 yards from scrimmage.

The Steelers rewarded him with the franchise tag for a 2nd time.

Absolute slap in the face. He crushes it on their one year "convince us we should lock you up long term", and they just say k thanks do that again?

I dont understand the side against Bell holding out there. He already took the risk and played on tge tag once, killed it, and they still dont pony up?

Screw that. Pittsburgh should have paid him what he absolutely earned.

As for his lack of production in NY, Gase resented the fact he was there to begin with, and barely utilized Bell in the passing game. Gase is a dumpster fire, and the New York Jets directly reflect that.

Can't wait to see what he does in KC, and that Jets game just became must see TV.

Chiefshrink
10-16-2020, 06:39 PM
I'm not a huge fan of this signing from the Bell stories I've heard out of Pittsburg and I think things were balanced pretty good w/o bringing a known 'instigator' into the room. Pretty sure he's on a short leash and Andy & Brett have done their homework.

Should be interesting.

100% Agree !!

CanadaKC
10-16-2020, 07:03 PM
I remember the trip of my dreams flying from Vancouver to KC to see the Steelers vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead. Went to Jack Stacks with my wife and daughter and lo and behold...sitting at the table right beside us was LaVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, and the entire offensive line eating and drinking like kings (Saturday night) Bell just sat there not saying much at all, everyone else were pretty happy and having a good time. Of course, some Steeler fans recognized the group, and on at least four occasions young kids and other super Steeler fans asked Bell for an autograph. He flat out refused and gave such attitude...leaving the fans sad and confused. I think DeAngelo Williams picked up on what might have been a major issue amongst Steeler nation and went into full on damage control...over compensating for Bell’s snubs by signing everything in sight and agreeing to pictures. Even my daughter tought Bell was being a real douce. It was a real eye opener of entitlement.

carcosa
10-16-2020, 07:04 PM
I remember the trip of my dreams flying from Vancouver to KC to see the Steelers vs. Chiefs at Arrowhead. Went to Jack Stacks with my wife and daughter and lo and behold...sitting at the table right beside us was LaVeon Bell, DeAngelo Williams, and the entire offensive line eating and drinking like kings (Saturday night) Bell just sat there not saying much at all, everyone else were pretty happy and having a good time. Of course, some Steeler fans recognized the group, and on at least four occasions young kids and other super Steeler fans asked Bell for an autograph. He flat out refused and gave such attitude...leaving the fans sad and confused. I think DeAngelo Williams picked up on what might have been a major issue amongst Steeler nation and went into full on damage control...over compensating for Bell’s snubs by signing everything in sight and agreeing to pictures. Even my daughter tought Bell was being a real douce. It was a real eye opener of entitlement.

ok

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:05 PM

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2FxT0BKn8hSjtftxLj20%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

eDave
10-16-2020, 07:06 PM

Autographs are big business with it's denizens falling just under Paparazzi.

FloridaMan88
10-16-2020, 07:07 PM

Is paragraph spacing not a thing in Canada?

CanadaKC
10-16-2020, 07:10 PM
Jack Stacks was just packed and I don’t think autograph seekers for profit were there as much as rabid Steeler fans being surprised at seeing Bell and his posse. No one had a poster of him or anything, more just a pen and a napkin or asking for a picture with him. He wasn’t having any of it

carcosa
10-16-2020, 07:11 PM
Jack Stacks was just packed and I don’t think autograph seekers for profit were there as much as rabid Steeler fans being surprised at seeing Bell and his posse. No one had a poster of him or anything, more just a pen and a napkin or asking for a picture with him. He wasn’t having any of it

Who cares

T-post Tom
10-16-2020, 07:12 PM
Lumping Tyreek Hill in with some of the other examples seems a bit lazy. At this point, the only thing proven against Hill was his bad choice of a baby-mama. Funny how the lack of drama in his life coincides with her departure.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 07:12 PM

I can't blame him one bit. People send their kids over to get autographs from "famous" people all the time, only to see those autographs end up on eBay or memorabilia shows.

Bothering people when they're out having a meal is a shitty thing to do.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 07:13 PM
You know who else was a jackass about autographs? Tony fucking Gonzalez. He wouldn't even sign during team events. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if he were out at a BBQ place trying to enjoy a meal.

T-post Tom
10-16-2020, 07:15 PM

Probably says more about the fans that thought it was appropriate to interrupt somebody (that they didn’t know) in the middle of their dinner.

FloridaMan88
10-16-2020, 07:16 PM
George Brett also doesn’t appreciate being interrupted at restaurants by lame autograph requests.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:17 PM
You know who else was a jackass about autographs? Tony fucking Gonzalez. He wouldn't even sign during team events. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if he were out at a BBQ place trying to enjoy a meal.

No shit.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 07:17 PM
Lumping Tyreek Hill in with some of the other examples seems a bit lazy. At this point, the only thing proven against Hill was his bad choice of a baby-mama. Funny how the lack of drama in his life coincides with her departure.

Yep literally fucking hated that shit. How is Tyreek a bad boy? Whitlock can get fucked by a bull on that one. Worthless piece of shit needs to keep my team outta his mouth. There is more journalistic integrity at TMZ or The National Enquirer than what Whitlock has.

FloridaMan88
10-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Whitlock’s boyfriend Jeff George was a team cancer “bad boy” and yet JWhit consistently defended him.

htismaqe
10-16-2020, 07:20 PM
Whitlock’s boyfriend Jeff George was a team cancer “bad boy” and yet JWhit consistently defended him.

Yep.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 07:27 PM
And when has anyone called Whitlock a bad boy?

JWhit get your stupid ass on here and explain your bad boy ways. You sling dope or beat up women? Maybe you murdered someone?

Mecca
10-16-2020, 07:36 PM
People should really learn in some settings to leave people alone. Or to just if you happen to know who you're passing by simply say hey man big fan good luck and keep walking.

That goes over much better than harassi someone for merch.

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 07:43 PM
"Let’s take Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill. He can be classified as a bad boy. He’s had some serious off-the-field issues. You know what motivates him to evolve and do better? His love of the game."

"Bad boys can turn good. One of my all-time favorite people and players is Ravens legend Ray Lewis. Early in his career, Ray was involved in a murder investigation. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of obstructing justice. Ray loved the game and God. He wanted to be regarded as one of the all-time, all-time greats. He leaned into his faith and became arguably the greatest leader in NFL history. He’s right there with Tom Brady in terms of leadership"

So Tyreek Hill is a "bad boy", but he's the right kind of bad boy because he loves football and "his love of football makes him want to evolve and be better" and Ray Lewis is no longer a bad boy and turned good because of his love of football?

What the fuck are you even going on about Jason? Did you really read all of this and think "Wow this is one of those articles that proves why I make the big bucks"? Well it's shit and honestly most every person with an IQ above 90 could write a better article than that elementary shit.

And fuck you Clay for posting this horseshit.

TribalElder
10-16-2020, 07:43 PM
He didn't have a choice because he was fired

I remember he framed it as though they wouldn't give him a raise but he could keep his job at the same pay rate and he quit

dlphg9
10-16-2020, 07:44 PM

How pissed were you that you couldn't get an autograph from him? You should have spit on his ribs.

eDave
10-16-2020, 07:45 PM
I remember he framed it as though they wouldn't give him a raise but he could keep his job at the same pay rate and he quit

Quitting is then the right move. The mistake is in asking for more money when you don't deserve it. Over valuing yourself is bad.

Easy 6
10-16-2020, 07:54 PM
Not buying what he's selling on this, there is nothing not to like about this signing whatsoever

We're not married to some ball and chain, if it goes bad Veach can wash his hands of it no sweat... and the potential upshot is sooo good that this signing could be brilliant

Dudes 28 and wasn't overworked in NY

This isn't some Emmitt Smith to the Cardinals situation... tried and true wisdom says he easily has two prime years left, if he buys in and gels right we're getting an elite back still in his physical prime

Someone last night was talking about CEH and LB flanking Mahomes in the shotgun, and all of the nightmare matchups it creates... and he was right, and it is exciting

Hammock Parties
10-16-2020, 08:01 PM
I'd like to see a play where they send every WR deep and CEH and Bell run routes to opposite sides of the field.

Pick and choose the most open guy. LMAO

You're either getting roasted deep or one of the RBs is taking a short pass and making some hapless LB miss.

cabletech94
10-16-2020, 08:01 PM

https://manofmany.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/1990-Lamborghini-Countach-25th-Anniversary-Edition-6.jpg

3 of my favorite things (4 if you count hayeks bewbs)!!!

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 08:02 PM

That's because he's a phony

PunkinDrublic
10-16-2020, 08:36 PM
That's because he's a phony

You don’t go from being on a national sports network show to some obscure podcast in Nashville if you weren’t burning bridges. He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s gone so now he’s throwing his hat in with lower tier conservative media.

eDave
10-16-2020, 08:38 PM
You don’t go from being on a national sports network show to some obscure podcast in Nashville if you weren’t burning bridges. He’s worn out his welcome everywhere he’s gone so now he’s throwing his hat in with lower tier conservative media.

Still better than Keitzman.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 08:48 PM
And fuck you Clay for posting this horseshit.

:clap:

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 08:52 PM
Still better than Keitzman.

Keitzman was never going to ascended outside of Kansas City.

He was smart enough to buy into 810 at a time when it was having issues and by default, became their afternoon host.

Keitzman never had any particular insight on ANY topic, never had any "insiders" that fed him information, whether it was the Royals, Chiefs or Sporting, and basically treated everyone like shit because the competition was virtually non-existent.

He was never going to ESPN or even Fox Sports 1. He's has the charisma of a dead toad and his looks aren't far off, either.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 08:57 PM

The dude is doing a podcast out of his house in the KC Metro area.

He burned bridges at ESPN and Fox Sports. Sports magazines such as Sports Illustrated, Sporting News and The Athletic want nothing to do with him because he's not a "writer", he's an opinion columnist whose literal calling card is the Race Card.

The only way he can earn income in the entertainment business is by pandering to the very same people he ridiculed and called "Camaroheads", which of course is "code" for White Trash.

Fuck Jason Whitlock.

L.A. Chieffan
10-16-2020, 08:57 PM
Fuck, I didn't know about the Jack Stack thing...nvm Veach fucked up.

DaneMcCloud
10-16-2020, 08:59 PM
Fuck, I didn't know about the Jack Stack thing...nvm Veach fucked up.

LMAO

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 09:46 PM

Tony Gonzalez was a huge fucking prick to fans, too. Probably worse than Bell.

Doesn't mean he wasn't a great player and a teammate.

Easy 6
10-16-2020, 09:52 PM
Tony Gonzalez was a huge fucking prick to fans, too. Probably worse than Bell.

That's where I'm at right now, dudes a hired gun and it is what it is and I just don't care... come on down, Johnny Ringo

PunkinDrublic
10-16-2020, 09:53 PM
Tony Gonzalez was a huge ****ing prick to fans, too. Probably worse than Bell.

A lot more famous athletes than we think are entitled assholes away from the cameras. It comes from being pampered the moment it was discovered they could play a sport better than 99.9% of the people on the planet. I don’t kick it in those circles so I really don’t care.

eDave
10-16-2020, 09:55 PM
A lot more famous athletes than we think are entitled assholes away from the cameras. It comes from being pampered the moment it was discovered they could play a sport better than 99.9% of the people on the planet. I don’t kick it in those circles so I really don’t care.

Maybe they just want to be left alone.

RealSNR
10-16-2020, 09:58 PM
That's where I'm at right now, dudes a hired gun and it is what it is and I just don't care... come on down, Johnny Ringo

That's what makes this Chiefs team especially amazing.

Its big stars are all super respectful to fans. Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek will all stop and chat with you, and if they've got the time, are more than happy to sign stuff, especially for kids.

PunkinDrublic
10-16-2020, 10:00 PM

I’m sure that’s part of it to. We all have days when we feel worn down and don’t feel like being around others.

eDave
10-16-2020, 10:06 PM
I’m sure that’s part of it to. We all have days when we feel worn down and don’t feel like being around others.

I'm sure Dane gets tired of that shit sometimes.

BossChief
10-16-2020, 10:10 PM
Tyreek is amazing with the fans. Go to any practice and watch Tyreek and Chris Jones. Those guys absolutely love this city and team.

I went to one practice where Tyreek did the QB drills after practice and was great at it. All just for the fans. He could legit be a weapon in certain packages like Lamar Jackson is used.

Easy 6
10-16-2020, 10:31 PM
That's what makes this Chiefs team especially amazing.

Its big stars are all super respectful to fans. Mahomes, Kelce, and Tyreek will all stop and chat with you, and if they've got the time, are more than happy to sign stuff, especially for kids.

So much of it starts with Andy Reid IMO, his whole easygoing and professional style rubs off on everyone to some extent

eDave
10-16-2020, 10:36 PM
So much of it starts with Andy Reid IMO, his whole easygoing and professional style rubs off on everyone to some extent

It starts with the people of Kansas City.

Pitt Gorilla
10-16-2020, 10:53 PM

This. I hope KC Resident lets our guys have a little privacy when out on the town somewhere with their families.

Pablo
10-16-2020, 11:37 PM
This. I hope KC Resident lets our guys have a little privacy when out on the town somewhere with their families.

If I'm paying $24.99 for a well-done prime rib dinner you better believe Latreon Belt is gonna sign my goddamn napkin!!!

-brought to you by the same folks that hated Whitlock 2 years ago, but now love him because he panders directly to them.

PurpleJesus28
10-17-2020, 12:56 AM
You know who else was a jackass about autographs? Tony ****ing Gonzalez. He wouldn't even sign during team events. I couldn't imagine how he'd be if he were out at a BBQ place trying to enjoy a meal.

I remember going to a card show or something years ago with a guy who was getting Tony's autograph.I don't even remember how much it was,i'm sure a lot.Anyway,my friend was getting two things signed so he had me go in line with him.TG did not seemed thrilled to be there,even while getting paid.On the contrary,another time i got Derrick Johnson's autograph,he seemed cool as hell.

JakeF
10-17-2020, 02:36 AM
Dane and htis changed my mind.

Our RB depth chart is abysmal. Bell is a very good backup and spot duty back. He will replace Shady, and do a much better job.

Don't think of Bell as the star from Pittsburgh, think of him as a good, solid RB to get 100-150 touches the rest of the year.Interesting

of course, Bell is miles better than Shady if he's ok with being a backup. Do you really think Bell is ok being the backup to a rookie? Will the Chiefs pretend that Bell is the starter but give CEH more carries?

I'll gladly take Bells as a veteran backup that has some real skills left IF that is what Bell is willing to be. It's all about the attitude of Bell. Seems to be that Bell has been a pretty boy dick that last 3/4 years.

Andy Reid is supposed to be great at handling players but he couldn't handle Peters and now the Ravens have themselves a solid corner.

Cross your finders, let's ok Bell has his goodboy hat on because he knows he's only with the Chiefs for 11+ games or so.

PunkinDrublic
10-17-2020, 02:44 AM
I'm sure Dane gets tired of that shit sometimes.

Dude, interrupting Dane in the middle of one of his dinners with Kip Winger is just asking for a beat down!

JakeF
10-17-2020, 02:54 AM
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Just when you think it can get worst the King of All Hot Takes shows up.
You said similar shit at the beginning of the season when i said our Oline was a problem. Drew Brees ...

Parker, you're the king of being a dick and then being wrong. Just chill and maybe you won't look like such a asshole next time you make another mistake.

Maybe Bell will work out, i hope he does. At least if i turn out to be wrong i wasn't an asshole about it. :rolleyes:

OrtonsPiercedTaint
10-17-2020, 09:34 AM
You brazen hussies are wasting your time on this one(Whitlock)

htismaqe
10-17-2020, 10:16 AM
Interesting

of course, Bell is miles better than Shady if he's ok with being a backup. Do you really think Bell is ok being the backup to a rookie? Will the Chiefs pretend that Bell is the starter but give CEH more carries?

I'll gladly take Bells as a veteran backup that has some real skills left IF that is what Bell is willing to be. It's all about the attitude of Bell. Seems to be that Bell has been a pretty boy dick that last 3/4 years.

Andy Reid is supposed to be great at handling players but he couldn't handle Peters and now the Ravens have themselves a solid corner.

Cross your finders, let's ok Bell has his goodboy hat on because he knows he's only with the Chiefs for 11+ games or so.

Marcus Peters was cut for A LOT more than just disagreeing with Andy. He was physically violent behind the scenes.

Leveon Bell has never done anything remotely like Marcus Peters. Furthermore, not wanting to be franchise tagged TWICE, after playing under it once, is nothing even remotely close to "pretty boy dick".

Valiant
10-17-2020, 10:17 AM
Yeah I don't understand the hate from the media it is a win win for the chiefs.

One year cheap deal. And improves our goalline rushing hopefully.

If he acts out, he gets cut.

htismaqe
10-17-2020, 10:20 AM
You said similar shit at the beginning of the season when i said our Oline was a problem. Drew Brees ...

Parker, you're the king of being a dick and then being wrong. Just chill and maybe you won't look like such a asshole next time you make another mistake.

Maybe Bell will work out, i hope he does. At least if i turn out to be wrong i wasn't an asshole about it. :rolleyes:

Let's get this straight.

You never SAY anything. You whine, incessantly, because that's the only way people will actually notice your ridiculousness. You're a contrarian and a complainer. It's your schtick.

And for the record, I've tried to be nice to you. You don't make it very damn easy because you're miserable about literally everything.

We all know the offensive line is playing poorly. Griping about it over and over and over and over and over isn't going to fix it.

Signing Leveon Bell might actually HELP, so of course you don't like the idea. If the offensive line gets better, you'll have to find something else to bitch about.

But Brees... ROFL

English, please.

Pablo
10-17-2020, 10:22 AM
Yeah I don't understand the hate from the media it is a win win for the chiefs.

One year cheap deal. And improves our goalline rushing hopefully.

If he acts out, he gets cut.

They hate us cuz' they ain't us.

Rich get richer and dipshits like Whitlock need to throw a scorching hot take out there to restore the balance of stupidity in the universe.

Red Dawg
10-17-2020, 10:26 AM
I like him these days. He slams BLM and woke athletes but he is off with this one.

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2020, 11:08 AM

A good friend of mine dated Lucy Lui for three and half years. The sheer volume of people that would interrupt them in public was massive. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, trails, walks - you name it, people would just never let up.

My friend finally split with her because they just couldn’t have a real relationship or a “real” life because people were constantly in their faces.

Most people don’t think about that when seeing someone “famous” in person. They just see an autograph or their opportunity for gain and rarely care about the person they’re bothering because that person is either “rich” or “famous”, so in their minds, it’s okay.

It’s not okay.

Redbled
10-17-2020, 11:22 AM
Absolute slap in the face. He crushes it on their one year "convince us we should lock you up long term", and they just say k thanks do that again?

I dont understand the side against Bell holding out there. He already took the risk and played on tge tag once, killed it, and they still dont pony up?

Screw that. Pittsburgh should have paid him what he absolutely earned.

As for his lack of production in NY, Gase resented the fact he was there to begin with, and barely utilized Bell in the passing game. Gase is a dumpster fire, and the New York Jets directly reflect that.

Can't wait to see what he does in KC, and that Jets game just became must see TV.

He caught 66 balls last year?

WhiteWhale
10-17-2020, 11:53 AM
I think a lot of people confuse Antonio brown and bell. At least they seem to conflate their issues.

Bell was just trying to get paid, and held out. Hes not a locker room cancer, and a hold out seems very obviously unlikely on a 1 year deal signed halfway through the season.

dlphg9
10-17-2020, 11:55 AM

I've called you out in another thread for this bull shit and you didn't answer, but where did you say the O line would be a problem cuz I sure can't find it. You're not an asshole just a whiney fucking bitch.

dlphg9
10-17-2020, 11:58 AM
A good friend of mine dated Lucy Lui for three and half years. The sheer volume of people that would interrupt them in public was massive. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks, trails, walks - you name it, people would just never let up.

My friend finally split with her because they just couldn’t have a real relationship or a “real” life because people were constantly in their faces.

Most people don’t think about that when seeing someone “famous” in person. They just see an autograph or their opportunity for gain and rarely care about the person they’re bothering because that person is either “rich” or “famous”, so in their minds, it’s okay.

It’s not okay.

I don't know if all the money would be worth it. Constantly having people trying to spy on you and never a moment of peace. Fucking creepy ass stalkers trying to take you with them.

WhiteWhale
10-17-2020, 12:14 PM

It’s not okay.
I once had kurt Russell freak out when I said 'excuse me'.

He was blocking the napkins. I didn't know who the fuck he was. Who expects to meet snake plisskin in a wichita burger joint? I cussed him out, pushed my way through for the napkins, and took my food to my table. I was baffled at this fucking loon freaking out that I had the audacity to speak to him.

It was weird as fuck, but I figured it out before I finished eating.

My point is he was so far up his own ass he just ASSUMED I was fanboying over him when in reality he was standing in everyone's way..

dlphg9
10-17-2020, 02:09 PM

He was blocking the napkins. I didn't know who the fuck he was. Who expects to meet snake plisskin in a wichita burger joint? I cussed him out, pushed my way through for the napkins, and took my food to my table. I was baffled at this fucking loon freaking out that I had the audacity to speak to him.

It was weird as fuck, but I figured it out before I finished eating.

My point is he was so far up his own ass he just ASSUMED I was fanboying over him when in reality he was standing in everyone's way..

You say that he freaked out on you but instead of describing his freak out you tell us about how you freaked out on him lol.

I'm sure he hears excuse me all the time.

"Excuse me, Mr Russell, but can I get a picture"

Or an autograph or a kiss.

You were probably the 200th person to say that phrase to him on that particular night and so since you were presumably a solo man he decided to blow up on you.

Pitt Gorilla
10-17-2020, 02:22 PM

He was blocking the napkins. I didn't know who the **** he was. Who expects to meet snake plisskin in a wichita burger joint? I cussed him out, pushed my way through for the napkins, and took my food to my table. I was baffled at this ****ing loon freaking out that I had the audacity to speak to him.

It was weird as ****, but I figured it out before I finished eating.

My point is he was so far up his own ass he just ASSUMED I was fanboying over him when in reality he was standing in everyone's way..Probably a very reasonable assumption given his data set. Maybe he had assumed the previous 900 people that day simply wanted him to move, so he was overly nice and then each took 10 minutes for selfies, autographs, etc. I'm not saying he's right at all; I'm simply saying I probably would have understood his mood and kindly asked him to move. Hell, maybe he would have even appreciated the gesture.

Kiimo
10-17-2020, 06:25 PM
I look very much like a specific actor. That actor filmed a show at the Fox lot, the same lot I work at. It often filmed about 100 feet from where my office is.

So I'm neither rich nor famous but it is astounding how much I got hassled from people who actually work at a studio lot and should know better.

I recently read that this particular actor is a "dick" in real life.

I chuckled to myself, knowing that his reputation is undoubtedly negatively influenced by me and how I handle it. (not well, get the **** away from me strange person)

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2020, 06:54 PM
I look very much like a specific actor. That actor filmed a show at the Fox lot, the same lot I work at. It often filmed about 100 feet from where my office is.

For four years in the mid-90's, I worked on the Universal lot. Our building was just off of Barham and Forest Lawn, which I'm sure you've driven by a million times. Anyway, I'd often have to go over to MCA Records, which was on the opposite side of the lot off of Lankersheim.

Uni required a security guy in a golf cart to take me over to Building #7, which also took me right by the Universal Studios backlot ride, with Jaws, the Angela Landsbury Murder She Wrote house and so on. I can't even count the number of times people on the would see me, point and then take pictures. It was like a running joke to the security guys on the lot.

LMAO

Kiimo
10-17-2020, 06:58 PM
At that point you just put on your sunglasses and wave

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2020, 07:48 PM
At that point you just put on your sunglasses and wave

And that's exactly what I did, LMAO.

But I've always had those things happen. In the 90's, everyone thought I looked like Kurt Russel or was Kurt Russell.

Strangely, in the 2000's, everywhere I'd go in New York and Los Angeles, along with new friends and acquaintances, thought I was Owen freaking Wilson! I never understood that one because the shape of our noses is completely different.

I'd go to Vegas and have hot chicks want to take selfies with me or tourists on Hollywood Blvd. ask to take a picture with me. I was game and all but always thought "Man, if THIS is fame, count me out".

I can't even imagine sitting in a restaurant or grocery shopping while having people constantly begging for an autograph or selfies or whatever.

That shit would get old quickly.

RaidersOftheCellar
10-17-2020, 07:56 PM
It'd be great if Whitlock had the balls to show himself in this thread.

Deberg_1990
10-17-2020, 08:02 PM

Yes. It’s been awhile since he posted.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/search.php?searchid=1550055

DaneMcCloud
10-17-2020, 08:09 PM

I doubt that happens, ever again.

People shit all over him in the Keitzman thread and deservedly so.

RealSNR
10-17-2020, 10:50 PM
Interesting

Pretty boy dick?

Who the hell are you? Tom Brady?

kccrow
10-18-2020, 02:36 AM
Jesus ... Whitlock, that was fucking absurd.

WhiteWhale
10-18-2020, 09:08 AM
Probably a very reasonable assumption given his data set. Maybe he had assumed the previous 900 people that day simply wanted him to move, so he was overly nice and then each took 10 minutes for selfies, autographs, etc. I'm not saying he's right at all; I'm simply saying I probably would have understood his mood and kindly asked him to move. Hell, maybe he would have even appreciated the gesture.

He was blocking everyone's access to the napkin counter.

If you dont want to be bothered, dont stand in everyone's way.

If I were famous and didn't want bothered,I wouldn't park myself in front of the bathroom and yell at anyone who asked me to move.

I think you guys might be overestimating how many people recognized him. By a lot. Even if you did, you would think he merely resembled him. Its wichita.

HonestChieffan
10-18-2020, 09:34 AM
Gotta hand it to JW Id bet the farm that this fucker turns into a dud faster than you can say cut him.

DaneMcCloud
10-18-2020, 03:55 PM
Gotta hand it to JW Id bet the farm that this fucker turns into a dud faster than you can say cut him.

LMAO

Fucking stupid

htismaqe
10-18-2020, 04:45 PM

ROFL

TEX
10-18-2020, 04:56 PM
Gotta hand it to JW Id bet the farm that this ****er turns into a dud faster than you can say cut him.

Ok. I'll take that bet... What's your farm worth?

dlphg9
10-18-2020, 04:57 PM

Based on Whitlock’s political views?

Hammock Parties
10-18-2020, 05:17 PM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/122090996_4032269823467676_7618783953975538536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=8W-jAhx0LIMAX_hgOJ1&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=1befbae67df94d46b697b257d291c9e3&oe=5FB33E36

htismaqe
10-18-2020, 05:21 PM
https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/p960x960/122090996_4032269823467676_7618783953975538536_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=8W-jAhx0LIMAX_hgOJ1&_nc_ht=scontent.fmkc1-1.fna&tp=6&oh=1befbae67df94d46b697b257d291c9e3&oe=5FB33E36

ROFL

Megatron96
10-18-2020, 05:41 PM

Uh, check Andy Reid's career record with RBs. The odds of your prediction coming true are piss poor.

TwistedChief
10-18-2020, 06:11 PM

You’ve got JakeF in your corner. That guy hasn’t been wrong in the last - 18 seconds - so seems like you’re on some solid ground here.

King_Chief_Fan
10-18-2020, 06:42 PM
Uh, check Andy Reid's career record with RBs. The odds of your prediction coming true are piss poor.

the rebirth of McCoy was such a success:spock:
I don't see Bell doing any better.

Megatron96
10-18-2020, 06:52 PM

Shady as a Chief, using stats from the games he actually played was the most efficient RB on the roster last season. Look it up.

But Andy had McCoy back in 2009-2012, where Lesean ran for nearly 4,000 yds, about a 4.5yds/carry avg., 30 TDs, another 200 or so receptions, and another 8 receiving TDs.

You don't know what you're talking about.

penguinz
10-18-2020, 06:55 PM
You don't know what you're talking about.This is an accurate statement about the knowledge of most Chief’s fans about pretty much any subject.

Pitt Gorilla
10-18-2020, 07:06 PM

The guy that played a pretty important role at an important time that helped us, ultimately, reach the Super Bowl? I didn't love the guy, but he was certainly successful when we needed him. 465 yards for the good guys while averaging 4.6 per carry were absolutely valuable. His fumbles, though, ended his time in KC.

htismaqe
10-18-2020, 08:57 PM

McCoy is 3 years older and has nearly double the number of career touches as Bell.

You need to try harder.