PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Rankin and Saunders look like they may be coming back soon

jjchieffan
10-23-2020, 12:06 AM
I didn't see this anywhere.

The Kansas City Chiefs made four roster moves on Thursday — two that are fairly minor, and two that are more significant.

The first is that defensive tackle Khalen Saunders — who has been on injured reserve since September 19 after dislocating his elbow in the Week 1 game against the Houston Texans — has been designated for return from IR. This gives the the team three weeks to get Saunders into game shape and be returned to the 53-man active roster. If he isn’t ready by that time, he’ll have to return to IR for the remainder of the season. When Saunders first went on the reserve list, we believed he would be out for a month; it’s possible he could be activated for the game against the Denver Broncos on Sunday.

The second is that offensive lineman Martinas Rankin, who is on the Active/Physically-Unable-to-Perform list, has returned to practice.

“He hasn’t done anything, so we’ll just see how it works out for him and kind of take that day by day too,” said Chiefs head coach Andy Reid when asked about Rankin. “Again, we just have to see. That’s why they have this in here for us, so you’ve got a three-week period there that you can work with, and let’s just see how he does and where he’s at right now.”

jjchieffan
10-23-2020, 12:07 AM
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2020/10/21/21527544/chiefs-make-four-roster-moves-wednesday-khalen-saunders-martinas-rankin-jordan-taamu-danny-isidora

Lzen
10-23-2020, 07:29 AM
Good news! Both of those guys should be able to help the team.

Dunerdr
10-23-2020, 08:33 AM
I'm curious about Rankings actual condition. He didnt play in training camp did he? Has he been able to lift weights at all? what kind of shape are we talking?

htismaqe
10-23-2020, 08:42 AM
I'm curious about Rankings actual condition. He didnt play in training camp did he? Has he been able to lift weights at all? what kind of shape are we talking?

He's been rehabbing for 12 months.

I imagine he's got a ways to go before he's truly in game shape.

I wouldn't be in a rush to send him out there, he has an injury history.

O.city
10-23-2020, 08:43 AM

Yeah, honestly I don’t have any expectations for rankins this year and will be surprised if he plays much. It was a tough injury

Dunerdr
10-23-2020, 08:52 AM

Thats what i figured. Wasnt it Parker Ehringer that broke his leg and never looked like he got back to any kind of form?

jjchieffan
10-23-2020, 11:57 AM
With the injuries on the line, I really hope that Rankin is ready. The team could sure use him. This makes me wonder, how much longer will Sneed be out? It's been 3 weeks since his injury, right? 6 weeks is best case scenario I think. I hope that he's back on 11/22 for the Raiders game. I still think that, even with the refs helping them, we would have won that first Raiders game if Sneed was in there. I still can't believe that our defense gave up 40 points to Derek Freaking Carr! That's not happening in November.

htismaqe
10-23-2020, 12:07 PM
With the injuries on the line, I really hope that Rankin is ready. The team could sure use him. This makes me wonder, how much longer will Sneed be out? It's been 3 weeks since his injury, right? 6 weeks is best case scenario I think. I hope that he's back on 11/22 for the Raiders game. I still think that, even with the refs helping them, we would have won that first Raiders game if Sneed was in there. I still can't believe that our defense gave up 40 points to Derek Freaking Carr! That's not happening in November.

The line played well for the first time in a long time. Why mess with it?

There's no reason to rush Rankin back at this point.

kcclone
10-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Both of these guys will be helpful down the stretch if we run into any injuries

Bowser
10-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Great news, they're solid depth

CoMoChief
10-23-2020, 12:21 PM
Sneed probably won't be back til Dec.

Which is fine and just in time for when shit gets real.

Still kind of wish Veach would make a move for another CB though...dont ask me who, I'm just saying in theory...can't have enough able CB's in today's game.

Cosmos
10-23-2020, 12:56 PM
Yeah, honestly I don’t have any expectations for rankins this year and will be surprised if he plays much. It was a tough injury

Agree with this as most likely/reasonable.

Would like to see Veach find vet OL depth, preferably with T experience.

Dunerdr
10-23-2020, 01:10 PM
I hope Rankin is able to push for a starting job next season and able to spot start if needed now.

jjchieffan
10-23-2020, 03:12 PM
The line played well for the first time in a long time. Why mess with it?

There's no reason to rush Rankin back at this point.

We need him for depth if nothing else. Also, we have a one game sample size. They looked good, but I'm not ready to give them starting jobs until they can show consistently that they can do it. If Rankin can outplay anyone on the line and win the spot, then it's better for the team.