PDA

View Full Version : Football Kyler Murray, Justin Hebert or Mahomes?

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 08:37 AM
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?

AdolfOliverBush
10-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Those two guys aren't worthy of cleaning the shit stains out of Mahomes' underwear. Not that Mahomes shits his pants, but my point stands.

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-26-2020, 08:39 AM
Please delete this thread

tredadda
10-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Mahomes by a mile.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 08:40 AM
Those two guys aren't worthy of cleaning the shit stains out of Mahomes' underwear. Not that Mahomes shits his pants, but my point stands.

Are you kidding me, they might never be Mahomes, but they are good. At least worthy of washing Mahomes jock out.

Lzen
10-26-2020, 08:41 AM
Do you just like to start garbage threads? I mean, is that your schtick? :doh!:

I don't know of anyone that seriously claims that Murray or Herbert will be better than Mahomes.

BigCatDaddy
10-26-2020, 08:41 AM
Mods, take care of this shit.

chinaski
10-26-2020, 08:42 AM
I think it’s ridiculous

Then why make a thread about it?

but there are people that feel that way.

They are fucking dumbasses.

AdolfOliverBush
10-26-2020, 08:44 AM
Are you kidding me, they might never be Mahomes, but they are good. At least worthy of washing Mahomes jock out.

With their tongues, yes, but only if they are grateful for the opportunity.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
Their 3rd year starting can be tough on QBs. How they handle adjustments probably. Too early

Jewish Rabbi
Then why make a thread about it?

Because people like you fall for his troll jobs.

Mugalug
10-26-2020, 08:46 AM
Deberg threads should go away like all the other Because Chiefs nonsense.

Kman34
Mahomes Won a SB and probably will win more... So no.. Dumbass..

tredadda
Do you just like to start garbage threads? I mean, is that your schtick? :doh!:

I don't know of anyone that seriously claims that Murray or Herbert will be better than Mahomes.

I would be fascinated to see if anyone legitimately believes they could be better than Mahomes. He is only in year 3 of starting and many believe he is a lock for the HOF. Never heard anything close to that about the other two.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 08:47 AM
Seriously?

I think DeBerg needs a timeout from starting threads. This is getting old.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 08:47 AM
Mahomes Won a SB and probably will win more... So no.. Dumbass..

you dont think Murray is capable of winning a super bowl too? Hebert in a few years?

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 08:48 AM
Because people like you fall for his troll jobs.

It's a thread. Not a post.

It's not as easy to ignore.

It's basically spam at this point.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 08:48 AM
you dont think Murray is capable of winning a super bowl too? Hebert in a few years?

Bobby Hebert retired in 1996.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 08:50 AM
It's a thread. Not a post.

It's not as easy to ignore.

It's basically spam at this point.

Legit thread. I think Murray and Herbert have shown real progress.

Best22
10-26-2020, 08:51 AM

That old Saints quarterback has a kid in the NFL?

loochy
10-26-2020, 08:51 AM
You're retarded.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 08:52 AM
As someone who watched a lot of Justin Herbert in college it's hard for me not to think his start is fools gold.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 08:53 AM
As someone who watched a lot of Justin Herbert in college it's hard for me not to think his start is fools gold.

Whats your take on Murray? I never thought he would be this good.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 08:55 AM
Whats your take on Murray? I never thought he would be this good.

Murray plays the same way he did in college and he has really good receiving weapons, I trust him more than I do Herbert.

RealSNR
10-26-2020, 08:56 AM
We are starting to see some people saying castrating themselves is/will be better than having a penis. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose castrating themselves over having a penis. So the choice is simple: what would you rather have as your dick for the rest of your life? Your own penis or empty air?

Sorce
10-26-2020, 08:57 AM
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Kyler or Justin over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Murray, Herbert Or Mahomes?

Stop making me use this.
https://i.imgur.com/MpA1rBA.jpg

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 08:58 AM
Legit thread. I think Murray and Herbert have shown real progress.

Herbert looks pretty much like he did in college. Big arm, great throws, followed by 1 or 2 big mistakes that result in losses.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be a top flight starter. Reminds me a lot of somebody like Matt Stafford.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 08:59 AM
Herbert looks pretty much like he did in college. Big arm, great throws, followed by 1 or 2 big mistakes that result in a losses.

I'm not convinced he'll ever be a top flight starter. Reminds me a lot of somebody like Matt Stafford.

He wasn't half the player Stafford was in college.....Herbert was all projection because he had some games that were total dogshit start to finish.

RealSNR
10-26-2020, 09:02 AM
Herbert looks pretty much like he did in college. Big arm, great throws, followed by 1 or 2 big mistakes that result in losses.

Matt Stafford or a certain former Chargers QB who was their starter as of last year... :hmmm:

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 09:02 AM
I think Lynn is a good coach. At least Herbert isnt on a shit team like the Jets. Their talent is better than 1-5.

big nasty kcnut
10-26-2020, 09:03 AM
I want the cheat code mahomes!

burt
10-26-2020, 09:09 AM
There are 3 groups of QB's.

Premier: Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Watson, Rapeslesburger and Jackson. In that order IMHO.

Hopefuls with promise: Murray (plucky little bastard, I am semi-impressed), Herbert, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Bridgewater.....

The rest.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:10 AM
He wasn't half the player Stafford was in college.....Herbert was all projection because he had some games that were total dogshit start to finish.

Stafford was surrounded by talent at nearly every position.

The results weren't the same but they play the game similarly and I think that's where Herbert's ceiling probably is.

Herbert's floor though? People need to chill on him a bit if you asked me.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 09:10 AM

Premier: Mahomes, Wilson, Brees, Rogers, Brady, Watson, Rapeslesburger and Jackson. In that order IMHO.

Hopefuls with promise: Murray (plucky little bastard, I am semi-impressed), Herbert, Tannehill, Josh Allen, Bridgewater.....

The rest.

I think Murray is better than Jackson right now. Hes like a better version of him.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 09:11 AM
Drew Brees isn't elite anymore, he's Alex Smith now.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:11 AM
I think Lynn is a good coach. At least Herbert isnt on a shit team like the Jets. Their talent is better than 1-5.

The QB is a big reason they lost some of those games. He makes big mistakes at the worst possible times.

Can it be corrected? Maybe. Maybe not.

RealSNR
10-26-2020, 09:12 AM

If Lynn is a good coach, he takes that talent and produces a team that is better than 1-5.

It was the same story last year. Talent out the wazoo and he finishes 5-11.

And it ain't all Derwin James being injured or Philip Rivers throwing too many picks, either. Those are piss poor excuses. Andy Reid in 2014 had a gaping hole at LG (remember Mike McGlynn?) the entire season and Eric Fisher was still pretty bad. Derrick Johnson, Eric Berry, and Jamaal Charles all had season ending injuries early in the year. And our QB didn't throw a single TD to a WR. And that team still finished above .500.

A good coach can do better than 5-11 and a 1-5 start to this year with that talent, especially when his rookie QB is playing this well. I don't see how anybody can hem and haw about how good the Chargers look on paper every offseason and then claim they still have a good head coach when they inevitably disappoint.

If the losses are due to Herbert messing up in key situations, then Lynn should be playing Taylor. It's about wins and losses, and Lynn isn't getting the job done.

burt
10-26-2020, 09:13 AM
I think Murray is better than Jackson right now. Hes like a midget version of him.

FYP

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:13 AM
Lamar Jackson is not a premier QB.

I agree with DeBerg, Murray is better than Jackson right now.

Fansy the Famous Bard
10-26-2020, 09:14 AM
jesus christ... now i understand the whole "Daberg thread" criticisms.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:15 AM
FYP

ROFL

Kyler Murray is 5'10" 207.

Lamar Jackson is 6'2" 212.

LoneWolf
10-26-2020, 09:16 AM
I want proof of these "some people are starting to say Murray/Herbert could be better than Mahomes" people. This sounds like a made up statement to justify this dumb thread.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 09:18 AM
I want proof of these "some people are starting to say Murray/Herbert could be better than Mahomes" people. This sounds like a made up statement to justify this dumb thread.

It's his grandpa that has dementia.

O.city
10-26-2020, 09:19 AM
If you’re reading people saying this, stop reading those people

alpha_omega
10-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Coulda been a legit thread had 15 not been added to the mix.

DaFace
10-26-2020, 09:20 AM
Deberg is one of the greatest trolls CP has ever had.

Sassy Squatch
10-26-2020, 09:24 AM
It's legit a copy paste from his Mahomes/Josh Allen thread.

We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?

dj56dt58
10-26-2020, 09:24 AM

The rest.

Before last night there was Mahomes and Wilson, then everyone else. I think right now it's Mahomes with Rogers second. Wilson shit the bed too many times last night. Couldn't put the game away or win it with 2 chances in ot. Brady and Ben are back in the discussion along with Murray and Wilson, but those guys aren't in Mahomes tier right now. Maybe i'm being too hard on Wilson because he fucked up my parlay last night

wazu
10-26-2020, 09:30 AM
We are starting to see some people saying castrating themselves is/will be better than having a penis. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose castrating themselves over having a penis. So the choice is simple: what would you rather have as your dick for the rest of your life? Your own penis or empty air?

LMAO

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 09:35 AM
It's legit a copy paste from his Mahomes/Josh Allen thread.

We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?

No, this one actually. I wasnt the genius originator.

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326973

Buehler445
10-26-2020, 09:36 AM
Too early on Herbert. Kyler is good (I gotta eat crow on that). Mahomes is an all timer.

ChiefBlueCFC
10-26-2020, 09:36 AM
You are doing this shit again....

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:43 AM
No, this one actually. I wasnt the genius originator.

https://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326973

ROFL

Dude, you started the original DeBerg thread in October of 2017.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310470

ILChiefs was copying YOU.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:44 AM
Deberg is one of the greatest trolls CP has ever had.

Truth.

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 09:44 AM
ROFL

Dude, you started the original DeBerg thread in October of 2017.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=310470

ILChiefs was copying YOU.

LOL i had forgotten about that one

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:46 AM

ROFL

How could you forget about what is essentially your Magnum Opus?

It's THE DeBerg thread.

:D

TwistedChief
Deberg, Hitler, or bin Laden?

TambaBerry
I mean I've seen people saying Mahomes is regressing after playing back to back games in shitty weather and it's hilarious to me. I've also seen things posted like CEH is terrible and he can't break tackles when he is one of the leaders in that category.

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 09:48 AM

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl3V0GF686nUJ31viw%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

MahomesMagic
10-26-2020, 09:51 AM
I like talking about young QB's but there is no point in comparing any of them to Mahomes.

That also goes for Trevor Lawrence.

BWillie
10-26-2020, 09:54 AM
To me, it doesn't appear that we run alot of plays where the receiver has the ability to make an over the shoulder catch. Since our routes rely less on play action and the running game than alot of teams, sometimes they are "gadgety" and less straight away routes.

Our deep routes appear to often be deep slants & post routes while alot of other teams just run basic deep corner & fly routes since they have taller WR's.

You heard last night Collinsworth talking about Wilsons moonballs. He throws a beautiful deep ball, but it isn't really relying on arm strength. I don't really feel like arm strength is that important on the deep routes where you just throw it high in the air where the WR is catching the ball over the shoulder. Where arm strength really comes into play is the mid range crossing & corner routes that Mahomes is so good at hitting for 1st downs.

Coochie liquor
10-26-2020, 09:57 AM
Would you rather have explosive diarrhea right when you’re about to hit a dime piece, or read another Deberg thread?

Spott
10-26-2020, 09:58 AM
Deberg’s Mom or Mahomes?

Bearcat
10-26-2020, 10:02 AM

<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/UnrulyDarlingIslandwhistler' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='390'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/unrulydarlingislandwhistler">via Gfycat</a></p>

Deberg_1990
10-26-2020, 10:07 AM
You heard last night Collinsworth talking about Wilsons moonballs. He throws a beautiful deep ball, but it isn't really relying on arm strength. I don't really feel like arm strength is that important on the deep routes where you just throw it high in the air where the WR is catching the ball over the shoulder. Where arm strength really comes into play is the mid range crossing & corner routes that Mahomes is so good at hitting for 1st downs.

Russel Wilson might be the best deep ball thrower ive ever seen.

Jeff Blake back in the 90s was pretty good too. Threw a really pretty ball. Him and Warren Moon prettiest spirals ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U11SmWC_UNY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LoneWolf
10-26-2020, 10:15 AM

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Deberg, Hitler, and Bin Laden, I would shoot Deberg twice.

LoneWolf
10-26-2020, 10:16 AM
<iframe src='https://gfycat.com/ifr/UnrulyDarlingIslandwhistler' frameborder='0' scrolling='no' allowfullscreen width='640' height='390'></iframe><p> <a href="https://gfycat.com/unrulydarlingislandwhistler">via Gfycat</a></p>

Damn you!!!!

Bewbies
10-26-2020, 10:18 AM
Someone should probably explain to the OP, that life is hard. And it’s even harder when you’re dumb.

There is no QB who has ever played that most Chiefs fans would take over Mahomes.

Not prime Manning. Not prime Brady. Not Elway, not Montana, not Marino. Not Favre. Not Rodgers. Not Brees. Not Fran, not Young, not any of em.

RealSNR
10-26-2020, 10:20 AM
Russel Wilson might be the best deep ball thrower ive ever seen.

Jeff Blake back in the 90s was pretty good too. Threw a really pretty ball. Him and Warren Moon prettiest spirals ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U11SmWC_UNY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Daunte Culpepper threw the prettiest spiral in the 2000s.

Kman34
10-26-2020, 10:22 AM
Someone should probably explain to the OP, that life is hard. And it’s even harder when you’re dumb.

There is no QB who has ever played that most Chiefs fans would take over Mahomes.

Not prime Manning. Not prime Brady. Not Elway, not Montana, not Marino. Not Favre. Not Rodgers. Not Brees. Not Fran, not Young, not any of em.

Prime Thigpen???

Kman34
10-26-2020, 10:23 AM

Optimus Prime?

Kman34
10-26-2020, 10:23 AM

Prime Rib?

chop
10-26-2020, 10:37 AM
I think it's too early to say on either of these QBs, both look promising though. Mahomes is the new standard that every QB is now measured. There are going to be many more QB comparisons to him since he seems to be the gold standard.

Mecca
10-26-2020, 10:42 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was just thinking this. The level of confidence he plays with and his suddenness as a player were nowhere to be found on his college tape. <a href="https://t.co/s8ChwtuP9g">https://t.co/s8ChwtuP9g</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Whitman (@TFG_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/TFG_Football/status/1320509750887346176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with these takes.

Mama Hip Rockets
10-26-2020, 10:52 AM
The answer is DeShaun Watson, Deberg.

ModSocks
10-26-2020, 11:04 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Was just thinking this. The level of confidence he plays with and his suddenness as a player were nowhere to be found on his college tape. <a href="https://t.co/s8ChwtuP9g">https://t.co/s8ChwtuP9g</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Whitman (@TFG_Football) <a href="https://twitter.com/TFG_Football/status/1320509750887346176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 25, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I agree with these takes.

I don't.

I think there was a false narrative floated around when he was in college, and people stuck to that instead of analyzing the tools the QB has.

ModSocks
10-26-2020, 11:06 AM
And the people trying to compare Murray and Herbert to Mahomes don't know what they're watching.

Herbert, Murray and other QB's get defensive looks that teams wouldn't even think about doing with Mahomes.

You can't just look at QB's and go, "oh this QB threw for this many yards and this QB threw for that many, therefore he's just as good or better"

GMAFB with that shit.

Pitt Gorilla
10-26-2020, 11:30 AM
Prime Rib?

I’m listening/Big Red

Iowanian
10-26-2020, 12:27 PM
Something tells me DeBerg wakes up every morning feeling like he has been in an ice cold pool.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-26-2020, 12:34 PM
Who is saying this? The voices in your head?

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-26-2020, 12:40 PM
Hamburger, skirt steak or filet mignon?

There will always be a window licker or two who prefer hamburger or skirt steaks...

htismaqe
10-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Something tells me DeBerg wakes up every morning feeling like he has been in an ice cold pool.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2F04827f8f394f287c997fa8f26a190ffc%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3 D3938364&f=1&nofb=1

Pasta Little Brioni
10-26-2020, 11:21 PM

Bullshit

carlos3652
10-26-2020, 11:52 PM
I would rather have Ryan Leaf than another Deberg thread.

carlos3652
10-26-2020, 11:55 PM
Prime Thigpen???

Pre or Post Skeleton?

Halfcan
10-27-2020, 12:10 AM
Deberg's Next Thread:

Hey guys- maybe it is time to pull the plug on this whole Mahomes thing and put Henne in.

It took Mahomes all game to throw a TD and Henne ran one in on his first drive.

Lots of people on the World Wide Web think Henne is better too!!!

Redbled
10-27-2020, 12:14 AM
We are all dumber for having listened to it.

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 12:21 AM
This is a funny theme, running gag. Each week and the names will/ should progress and change.

.. Jared Goff..

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 12:22 AM
We are all dumber for having listened to it.

And the name of the lounge is......

UChieffyBugger
10-27-2020, 01:54 AM
Last season Daniel Jones threw four or more td's in a game around three or four times!!..now look at him this year? Hell Haskins had a few good games himself and Minshew was the talk of the town for a while aswell. But the more tape folks get on you, the tougher it will obviously get. Another prime example is Baker Mayfield. Herbert has started well but how many top defenses has he played thus far? That Tampa defense has a weak secodary. We will learn more about him when he faces the best defensive minds on the regular and folks learn his tendencies. Kylar will always be exciting because of his running ability but his throwing? I'm not sure he'll ever be consistently accurate tbh as his throwing motion looks a little weird to me.

Tribal Warfare
10-27-2020, 02:29 AM

57 posts in and we hit Godwin's Law

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:09 AM
Last season Daniel Jones threw four or more td's in a game around three or four times!!..now look at him this year? Hell Haskins had a few good games himself and Minshew was the talk of the town for a while aswell. But the more tape folks get on you, the tougher it will obviously get. Another prime example is Baker Mayfield. Herbert has started well but how many top defenses has he played thus far? That Tampa defense has a weak secodary. We will learn more about him when he faces the best defensive minds on the regular and folks learn his tendencies. Kylar will always be exciting because of his running ability but his throwing? I'm not sure he'll ever be consistently accurate tbh as his throwing motion looks a little weird to me.

To be fair to Herbert, even though I'm not a huge fan, Daniel Jones is absolutely a plus passer.

His biggest problem is not reading the pocket, getting hit, and then fumbling.

In 19 career starts, he has 23 career fumbles.

ChiTown
10-27-2020, 11:12 AM

wish I had a 3 cookie gif, but....
https://media.tenor.com/images/bb3ae36b7164cb2bf7f636bb0e1a2e9b/tenor.gif

eDave
10-27-2020, 12:56 PM
All I know is is we got some pretty good QB play to watch for some time.

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 01:14 PM
Goff

kepp
10-27-2020, 01:16 PM
Calling the three Charger fans "people", while technically correct, is a bit of a stretch.

mnchiefsguy
10-27-2020, 01:24 PM
JFC Deberg sure does hate Pat Mahomes.

These threads need to go away.

Rain Man
10-27-2020, 01:25 PM
Are we talking about football? Or is this about something like a short story contest or picking stocks?

Eh, it doesn't matter. I pick Mahomes for everything.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2020, 02:07 PM
JFC Deberg sure does hate Pat Mahomes.

These threads need to go away.

Pat Mahomes makes me yearn for the days of Matt Blundin. Hes just too good.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2020, 09:03 AM
Kyler Murray MVP?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Last season, Ravens’ QB Lamar Jackson won NFL MVP. Through the first half of this season, Cardinals’ QB Kyler Murray has been even better. <a href="https://t.co/yKf4MSNofk">pic.twitter.com/yKf4MSNofk</a></p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1326893366257344513?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 09:08 AM
Murray is 12th in yards, 11th in TD's, and 11th in total QBR.

He's not even in the top 10 discussion right now, let alone MVP.

chop
11-12-2020, 09:28 AM

But he's my FF league #1 in points.

Bearcat
11-12-2020, 09:30 AM

Still better than Lamar Jackson though. :evil:

rabblerouser
11-12-2020, 09:32 AM
DeBerg threads are still DeBerg threads, I see.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2020, 09:32 AM

Oh I see. Schefters tweet was Total TDs combined.

For comparison Mahomes has 27 total TDs passing and rushing.

So Murray isn’t too far off the pace.

RealSNR
11-12-2020, 09:34 AM
But he's my FF league #1 in points.

And I have a midget fetish, so he's #1 in my heart!

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 09:38 AM
Oh I see. Schefters tweet was Total TDs combined.

For comparison Mahomes has 27 total TDs passing and rushing.

So Murray isn’t too far off the pace.

Total QBR includes rushing stats. Adjusted QBR then figures in defensive strength of opponents.

Murry is 11th in adjusted QBR. So yeah, he's still not even in the conversation.

carlos3652
11-12-2020, 09:42 AM
Dalvin Cook is more of an MVP than Murray... And Cook is not Rodgers or Mahomes who would be #1 and #2 (no order)

rabblerouser
11-12-2020, 09:43 AM
Still better than Lamar Jackson though. :evil:

God yes. Kyler Murray is better than Lamar Jackson. If Kyler Murray had the Ravens talent and Cardinals coaching staff we'd be facing him in the Super Bowl.

RunKC
11-12-2020, 09:46 AM
Kyler Murrays and Justin Herberts are way better than Lamar Jacksons.

They are not Mahomes but they’re good.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 10:01 AM
Kyler Murrays and Justin Herberts are way better than Lamar Jacksons.

They are not Mahomes but they’re good.

Meh. Herbert is 15th in adjusted QBR. He's almost exactly league-average. Yes, he makes a lot of big throws. He's also cost his team some games with dumb mistakes.

50 is considered average, 75 and above is considered "elite".

Herbert's adjusted QBR is 71. The first QB above 75? Kyler Murray at #11 (77 QBR along with Derek Carr).

Funny thing, the two guys right behind Herbert? Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson, 67.6 and 65.1 respectively.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 10:07 AM
Deberg of course ignores that passing numbers are thru the roof so Murray is barely above average in key passing numbers. Watch the damn games people.

Mahomes is the unanimous MVP thru 9 games. 27 TDs 1 turnover

O.city
11-12-2020, 10:15 AM
Meh. Herbert is 15th in adjusted QBR. He's almost exactly league-average. Yes, he makes a lot of big throws. He's also cost his team some games with dumb mistakes.

50 is considered average, 75 and above is considered "elite".

Herbert's adjusted QBR is 71. The first QB above 75? Kyler Murray at #11 (77 QBR along with Derek Carr).

Funny thing, the two guys right behind Herbert? Tom Brady and Lamar Jackson, 67.6 and 65.1 respectively.

Herbert is a rookie though. He's been damn impressive.

We're spoiled by Mahomes, but if you drafted a rookie QB and got what Herbert is doing, we'd be ecstatic.

Kyler is fun as hell to watch. He's what Lamar would be if he could throw.

The NFL is in a great place with young QB's right now. It's fun.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Herbert is a rookie though. He's been damn impressive.

When he's not throwing a game away, sure. Can he improve? Sure. But crowning him now is simply gushing over the big throws and ignoring his issues. He has significant issues with processing and decision making - he had them coming out and there's no evidence that he's progressed enough yet to be an elite QB.

He's not throwing random INT's. He's throwing INT's with the game on the line and directly contributing to losses. That's extremely important to note when evaluating him.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 10:18 AM
It's too easy to put up big passing numbers this year. Hell looks at dink and dunks Teddy

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 10:19 AM
So htis, they replaced Rivers with a younger version ROFL

O.city
11-12-2020, 10:21 AM
When he's not throwing a game away, sure. Can he improve? Sure. But crowning him now is simply gushing over the big throws and ignoring his issues. He has significant issues with processing and decision making - he had them coming out and there's no evidence that he's progressed enough yet to be an elite QB.

He's not throwing random INT's. He's throwing INT's with the game on the line and directly contributing to losses. That's extremely important to note when evaluating him.

He's thrown 5 interceptions. He threw a bad one against KC, but from the other games I've watched, he's been one of the main reasons they're in the game.

If they had good coaching, they'd probably be atleast .500

He's had some rookie mistakes for sure, but if you haven't been impressed by what he's done so far, i think you're too hard on him.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 10:24 AM
He's Rivers Jr.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 10:30 AM
He's thrown 5 interceptions. He threw a bad one against KC, but from the other games I've watched, he's been one of the main reasons they're in the game.

If they had good coaching, they'd probably be atleast .500

He's had some rookie mistakes for sure, but if you haven't been impressed by what he's done so far, i think you're too hard on him.

I'm too hard on him because too many others are absolutely falling all over him as the next great QB. He's not there yet. He's just not.

And yes, he has 5 INT's. 2 of them were thrown in the 4th quarter or in the last 2 minutes of the half, directly costing them points.

In fact, his rating drops precipitously (almost 15 points) in the fourth quarter when leading or trailing by 7 points, meaning when the pressure is highest, he's at his worst. If you look at his splits in close games, the mistakes go up but not only that, the big splash plays go WAY down. His yards per attempt, his TD's, everything. Why? Because when the game gets tight, he starts dumping the ball off to his backs.

I get that people want to rave over the big arm. But there's A LOT in his game that isn't good and the people going gaga over him are getting way ahead of themselves, just like they have with so many big-armed QB's before him.

RunKC
11-12-2020, 10:54 AM

No idea what you’re watching but the games I watched were not Herbert’s fault.

-Leads team to winning FG attempt in NO. Kicker misses game winning FG.
-Broncos aren’t even in the red zone with less than 10 seconds and the defense gets a horrible PI in the end zone. Broncos win game on last play bc of that.
-Leads the team all the down the field. He throws two catchable balls, balls that NFL receivers have to catch, and they both drop the ball to lose the game last Sunday.
-Leads the team all the way down the field and Keenan Allen fumbles the game away.

You’re making it seem like he’s losing tons of games bc he had a bad pick in the TB game

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 10:55 AM
No idea what you’re watching but the games I watched were not Herbert’s fault.

-Leads team to winning FG attempt in NO. Kicker misses game winning FG.
-Broncos aren’t even in the red zone with less than 10 seconds and the defense gets a horrible PI in the end zone. Broncos win game on last play bc of that.
-Leads the team all the down the field. He throws two catchable balls, balls that NFL receivers have to catch, and they both drop the ball to lose the game last Sunday.
-Leads the team all the way down the field and Keenan Allen fumbles the game away.

You’re making it seem like he’s losing tons of games bc he had a bad pick in the TB game

Yeah, he's elite. Just like David Carr and every other young QB you've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Red Dawg
11-12-2020, 10:57 AM
Herbert so far looks like a stud and will be Mahomes in the division nemesis. Something Brady never had mor Manning. Tyler is looking good but he's still learning like Herbert.

Mahomes is better and will remain better.

Red Dawg
11-12-2020, 11:01 AM
I have said it before and I'll say it again. Us and the media forget how young Mahomes is. This is year three. Only 3! He hasn't reached his prime yet. In year 6 he may be even more unstoppable and will have seen every type of defense.

RunKC
11-12-2020, 11:02 AM
Yeah, he's elite. Just like David Carr and every other young QB you've ever seen. :rolleyes:

Well I guess you can project if you can’t refute the facts. And no he’s not elite. I said he was “good”.

The kid is on pace for 34 TD’s, 10 INT’s and he didn’t even play all of their games.

The record for TD’s thrown by a rookie QB is 27 and Herbert should easily beat that. But nah man he sucks :rolleyes:

CasselGotPeedOn
11-12-2020, 11:06 AM
Herbert so far looks like a stud and will be Mahomes in the division nemesis. Something Brady never had mor Manning. Tyler is looking good but he's still learning like Herbert.

Were you hit in the head numerous times?

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 11:10 AM
Well I guess you can project if you can’t refute the facts. And no he’s not elite. I said he was “good”.

The kid is on pace for 34 TD’s, 10 INT’s and he didn’t even play all of their games.

The record for TD’s thrown by a rookie QB is 27 and Herbert should easily beat that. But nah man he sucks :rolleyes:

I never said he "sucks". So if that's your argument, forget it.

If you agree he's not elite, then we agree.

People are overstating how good he is. That's the bottom line. People are mentioning him in the same breath with the promising 2nd and 3rd-year QB's like Kyler Murray and he's just not there, not even really close yet. People get really excited about live arms and don't look at the whole game.

The stats actually bear this out and his QBR and splits show the truth. He's REALLY good when ahead and things are going well. He's average when the game is on the line and heavily, heavily dependent on safe passes.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 11:10 AM

And right here is exactly what I'm talking about.

MahomesMagic
11-12-2020, 11:14 AM
Kyler Murray>>>>>>Herbert

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 11:18 AM
Htis is spot fucking on

Red Dawg
11-12-2020, 11:28 AM
Were you hit in the head numerous times?

There is nothing wrong with what I said. Jerkoff.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 11:41 AM

There's a lot wrong with anointing Herbert competition with Mahomes for the next 10 years.

There's absolutely no proof he can play at that kind of sustained level. Even if he's fucking GREAT this year (and he's not) it's half a season essentially.

Way too early to declare anything about him.

Megatron96
11-12-2020, 11:48 AM
It's pretty crazy just how many potentially solid young QBs are in the league right now. It wasn't that long ago that the top QBs were Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, and the 'best' younger QB was . . . Carson Wentz?

Now we seem to have a crop of young talented QBs in just a couple years. Which is great for the league, and IMO, great for Mahomes. I for one hope that Herbert turns out to be a great QB; the high level of competition will nothing but push Patrick to be even better down the road.

Sorry, I forgot about Luck; definitely a better overall QB than Wentz. But other than those guys it was kind of thin.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2020, 11:55 AM
It's pretty crazy just how many potentially solid young QBs are in the league right now. It wasn't that long ago that the top QBs were Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Wilson, Brees, and the 'best' younger QB was . . . Carson Wentz?

Now we seem to have a crop of young talented QBs in just a couple years. Which is great for the league, and IMO, great for Mahomes. I for one hope that Herbert turns out to be a great QB; the high level of competition will nothing but push Patrick to be even better down the road.

Yea, it definitely feels like there are less QB busts these days than 20 or even 10 years ago?

I think it’s because the rules are so slanted towards offense these days and not as many great defenses around.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 11:58 AM
That's because it's easy as fuck to pass this year

RINGLEADER
11-12-2020, 12:01 PM
Mahomes can win at any place on the field and at any point in the game from ahead or behind.

Herbert can’t hold 16-point leads.

Murray is a good QB who hasn’t won anything.

There is not one GM in the NFL who wouldn’t pick Mahomes 1st by a huge margin.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-12-2020, 12:05 PM

I was talking about the multiple misspellings and word misplacements.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-12-2020, 12:07 PM
You have basically every turd that starts around 16 games going to throw for 4000 plus yards....that's a problem.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 12:32 PM
Yea, it definitely feels like there are less QB busts these days than 20 or even 10 years ago?

I think it’s because the rules are so slanted towards offense these days and not as many great defenses around.

That's a big part of it, IMO.

siberian khatru
11-12-2020, 05:21 PM

Also, NFL offenses have adopted college concepts.

Megatron96
11-12-2020, 05:28 PM

I think it just goes in cycles. Some years we just don't have many decent QBs, and some years there's a better than average crop of them. There's obviously other factors at work, like which Drafted rookie goes to which team/coach, but in a nutshell the stream of quality QBs isn't consistent.

But I agree with the second part of your statement; the rules have been favoring offense for nearly two decades now, which can only be beneficial to a young QB's growth.

DTVietnam
11-12-2020, 07:10 PM
We are starting to see some people saying Kyler Murray/Hebert is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes.

nobody says that..

end thread/

Easy 6
11-12-2020, 07:13 PM
God yes. Kyler Murray is better than Lamar Jackson. If Kyler Murray had the Ravens talent and Cardinals coaching staff we'd be facing him in the Super Bowl.

Yes

RealSNR
11-13-2020, 12:58 PM
You have basically every turd that starts around 16 games going to throw for 4000 plus yards....that's a problem.

Lamar Jackson doesn't throw for 4000 yards :evil:

Megatron96
11-13-2020, 01:22 PM
Lamar Jackson doesn't throw for 4000 yards :evil:

:hmmm:
The fact is that very few QBs throw for 4,000 yards/season. Less than half will even approach 4,000 yds this season. Right now it looks like maybe 5-7 QBs will probably get in the neighborhood. Only 4 QBs are likely to throw for more than 4,000 yds as of today, according to ESPN's leader board, anyway.

But Lamar Jackson is currently 27th among starting QBs in terms of total yardage, and averaging less than 190 yds/game passing, so yeah, he ain't gonna make it. Heck, he might not surpass 3,000 yds.

Pitt Gorilla
11-13-2020, 01:35 PM
Also, NFL offenses have adopted college concepts.

NFL teams have also, finally, wised up to the fact that you don't need a prototypical NFL body to be a great NFL QB. It's not that long ago that Russel Wilson falls to the third round due to his size. It's not that much further back and guys like Wilson aren't given a chance whatsoever to play QB in the league, regardless of their talent. How many potentially great QBs were never given a shot at all?

The fact that Murray could go #1 overall shows how far the league has come in a relatively small (no pun intended) amount of time.

Megatron96
11-13-2020, 01:38 PM
NFL teams have also, finally, wised up to the fact that you don't need a prototypical NFL body to be a great NFL QB. It's not that long ago that Russel Wilson falls to the third round due to his size. It's not that much further back and guys like Wilson aren't given a chance whatsoever to play QB in the league, regardless of their talent. How many potentially great QBs were never given a shot at all?

The fact that Murray could go #1 overall shows how far the league has come in a relatively small (no pun intended) amount of time.

Agreed. A lot of non-prototypical college QBs back in the day would've been taken 1st overall in the last 5 or so years that weren't drafted at all back then.

Pitt Gorilla
11-13-2020, 01:45 PM
Agreed. A lot of non-prototypical college QBs back in the day would've been taken 1st overall in the last 5 or so years that weren't drafted at all back then.
Hell, we're not that far removed from Grbac returning to start over a less-prototypical Gannon who had been moving the offense efficiently. Hell, Warren Moon couldn't hear his name called in a 12-round (or something like that) draft. It makes no sense whatsoever.

htismaqe
11-13-2020, 01:46 PM

A lot of non-prototypical college QB's were taken high back in the day - Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, the list goes on.

If NFL offenses back then were as flexible with college concepts as they are today, a lot of those high draft picks might have had more success.

RealSNR
11-13-2020, 01:50 PM
The fact is that very few QBs throw for 4,000 yards/season. Less than half will even approach 4,000 yds this season. Right now it looks like maybe 5-7 QBs will probably get in the neighborhood. Only 4 QBs are likely to throw for more than 4,000 yds as of today, according to ESPN's leader board, anyway.

But Lamar Jackson is currently 27th among starting QBs in terms of total yardage, and averaging less than 190 yds/game passing, so yeah, he ain't gonna make it. Heck, he might not surpass 3,000 yds.

A QB league MVP in the year 2020 won the award without throwing for 4000 yards. In the year 2020.

This isn't in the years following the invention of the forward pass. This isn't the 1960s when Joe Namath doing 2500 yards and a negative TD:INT ratio was viewed as not that bad of a season and actually pretty good.

This is 2020. When dudes who play 16 games in a season if they're not piles of crap will usually throw for 4000 yards.

The league MVP did not crack 4000 passing yards.

Sure, he accounted for a lot of points and TDs. That's fine. But then don't come at me (not you, just random bozos who think Jackson is amazing) and try to claim that Jackson is an above average passer

Bearcat
11-13-2020, 01:52 PM

Half the starters in the league are on pace for 4,000 this season, but of course at least a few will drop off.

It was more than I realized before looking it up, but 11 last season and 12 the seasons before... about the top 3rd of teams, give or take a QB or two.

Megatron96
11-13-2020, 01:59 PM
A lot of non-prototypical college QB's were taken high back in the day - Alex Smith, Joey Harrington, Tim Couch, the list goes on.

If NFL offenses back then were as flexible with college concepts as they are today, a lot of those high draft picks might have had more success.

When I said "back in the day," I didn't mean 6 years ago. I meant 20-30 years ago.

One example in my mind would be Doug Flutie. We all know his story, so I won't rehash it here, but if he were a college QB today (or sometime in the last 5-6 years) getting ready for the draft, he'd definitely be a high pick, probably first round. Instead, he went undrafted.

htismaqe
11-13-2020, 02:02 PM
When I said "back in the day," I didn't mean 6 years ago. I meant 20-30 years ago.

One example in my mind would be Doug Flutie. We all know his story, so I won't rehash it here, but if he were a college QB today (or sometime in the last 5-6 years) getting ready for the draft, he'd definitely be a high pick, probably first round. Instead, he went undrafted.

I hate to remind you of how quickly we age but Tim Couch was drafted in 1999 and Joey Harrington in 2002.

So 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. ;)

Megatron96
11-13-2020, 02:19 PM
I hate to remind you of how quickly we age but Tim Couch was drafted in 1999 and Joey Harrington in 2002.

So 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. ;)

Harrington went in 2002? Damn, I'm getting old.

htismaqe
11-13-2020, 02:21 PM

Yeah, crazy isn't it?

RealSNR
11-13-2020, 04:03 PM

Woof. After reading that, I thought, "It's been 18 years since Harrington was drafted? How the hell is Dick Vermeil still alive?!"

Actually, he's only 84 years old. I guess he did end up coaching until he was almost 70, since 2002 was only his 2nd year with us.

He still looks and sounds pretty good. Not saying he'd go back into broadcasting (where he was one of the best ex-coach broadcasters I've ever seen) but he could probably do just as well as some of these other dipshits on the air like Mangina. Arians did that broadcast thing for one year and he was freaking terrible.

Here he is in an interview that followed the Chiefs/Rams points fest from 2018:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IK9ea97RjZQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Deberg_1990
11-13-2020, 06:09 PM

I remember a ton of high round QBs bust in the 90s.

Akili Smith, Dan McGwire, and Jim Druckenmiller just to name a few.

ChiefsFanatic
11-14-2020, 12:21 AM
I remember a ton of high round QBs bust in the 90s.

Akili Smith, Dan McGwire, and Jim Druckenmiller just to name a few.I think these guys were in the 90s Heath Schuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf (The Chiefs & Arrowhead ruined him)

The Bengals picked both Akili Smith and David Klingler.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Gadzooks
11-14-2020, 12:28 AM
I think these guys were in the 90s Heath Schuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf (The Chiefs & Arrowhead ruined him)

I think Ryan Leaf's brain tumor ruined him. The Chiefs didn't help though...

ChiefsFanatic
11-14-2020, 01:07 AM
I think Ryan Leaf's brain tumor ruined him. The Chiefs didn't help though...No. It's was all the Chiefs and Arrowhead.

Ryan Leaf's stat line against the Chiefs in his first game at Arrowhead:

1 of 15, 4 passing yards with 2 interceptions, .3 yards per attempt, 2 sacks and a QB Rating of 0.00

It is one of the single worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history. He was the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and this was only his 3rd game.

He never recovered.

Halfcan
11-14-2020, 01:53 AM
No. It's was all the Chiefs and Arrowhead.

Ryan Leaf's stat line against the Chiefs in his first game at Arrowhead:

1 of 15, 4 passing yards with 2 interceptions, .3 yards per attempt, 2 sacks and a QB Rating of 0.00

It is one of the single worst performances by a starting QB in NFL history. He was the 2nd overall pick in the draft, and this was only his 3rd game.

He never recovered.

One of my favorite games I ever attended at Arrowhead. Our D was ferocious.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-14-2020, 02:56 AM
An Aggie, a Duck and a Red Raider walk into a bar. Two had to pay. The other put ketchup in his beer

Deberg_1990
11-14-2020, 08:14 AM
I think these guys were in the 90s Heath Schuler, Rick Mirer, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf (The Chiefs & Arrowhead ruined him)

Yep all 90s

Todd Marinovich, Cade McNown, Tim Couch, Tommy Maddox

Then you have Jeff George and Trent Dilfer who were probably considered disappointments overall.

The 90s were overall bad for highly drafted QBs.

Deberg_1990
09-26-2021, 02:09 PM
This is going to a fun rivalry for years. Chiefs can’t just coast their the division anymore. AFC West!!