PDA

View Full Version : Football Nick Foles shit all over Matt Nagy...

Mecca
10-27-2020, 09:53 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">this is a bombshell type comment<br><br>Foles openly accused Nagy of calling plays that have no chance of working<br><br>you never hear this from a starting QB about his own head coach<a href="https://t.co/Xh4jPI1j17">pic.twitter.com/Xh4jPI1j17</a></p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1320933095000989696?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OKchiefs
10-27-2020, 09:55 AM
While he may be right, sounds like a guy that wants to lose his job to Trubisky.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-27-2020, 09:57 AM
While he may be right, sounds like a guy that wants to lose his job to Trubisky.

Fuck getting creamed play after play after play because your head coach has no fucking clue what he is doing.

Hoover
10-27-2020, 09:58 AM
I never understood the Foles signing by the Bears

Great backup. Below avg starter. That move might cost Nagy his job.

OKchiefs
10-27-2020, 10:03 AM
**** getting creamed play after play after play because your head coach has no ****ing clue what he is doing.

Right or wrong, QB shouldn't publicly be speaking out against the head coach, especially someone like Foles who really doesn't have room to do so. If someone like Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, etc. speaks out against their HC, I'd say they still shouldn't do it, but they can probably get away with it because of their status. Foles? Not so much.

Why Not?
10-27-2020, 10:05 AM
As is the case watching many QB’s play and then thinking about our guy, I am very grateful
to have a top flight head coach/play caller. So many of these other guys, Nagy included, seem to have no fucking clue. The play calling last night was Adam Gasian.

Chris Meck
10-27-2020, 10:06 AM
prediction-

after the season, Bears cut Turdbisky.

He signs with KC to sit behind Mahomes and resurrect his career.

Shoes
10-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Remember when we were sad we lost Nagy and Pederson to other teams? Yeah me neither.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-27-2020, 10:07 AM
Right or wrong, QB shouldn't publicly be speaking out against the head coach, especially someone like Foles who really doesn't have room to do so. If someone like Brady, Mahomes, Wilson, etc. speaks out against their HC, I'd say they still shouldn't do it, but they can probably get away with it because of their status. Foles? Not so much.

I'm gonna give Foles the benefit of the doubt and say that he has likely had a private conversation with Nagy on the subject that resulted in no changes.

I disagree. If your head coach is attempting murder by proxy by calling plays that are destined to get QB1 planted into the ground.... I wouldn't care if it was Mark Castle, dude needs called out.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 10:09 AM

Super Bowl MVP. 3rd best season of all time per QB rating. NFL record holder for TD passes in a game. NFL record holder for consecutive completions. Pro bowler.

You take the bad with the good and wait till he gets hot. Most of his mistakes are gunslinging when your team is behind or has a low probability of winning.

He cares about winning, not stats. Guy is a gamer.

Mahomes_Is_God
10-27-2020, 10:10 AM
Bears fans seem surprisingly happy about him calling Nagy out.

tatorhog
10-27-2020, 10:14 AM
prediction-

That would be an interesting plot twist. The guy has talent, and he could be a hell of a reclamation project that could net a pretty sweet draft pick after a little tlc.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna give Foles the benefit of the doubt and say that he has likely had a private conversation with Nagy on the subject that resulted in no changes.

I disagree. If your head coach is attempting murder by proxy by calling plays that are destined to get QB1 planted into the ground.... I wouldn't care if it was Mark Castle, dude needs called out.

How do we know it's actually Nagy that's at fault and it isn't just the Foles sucks?

Sorry
Super Bowl MVP. 3rd best season of all time per QB rating. NFL record holder for TD passes in a game. NFL record holder for consecutive completions. Pro bowler.

You take the bad with the good and wait till he gets hot. Most of his mistakes are gunslinging when your team is behind or has a low probability of winning.

He’s just another joe flacco

htismaqe

They were behind last night BECAUSE of Foles. The interception in the end zone was a throw only rookies make.

He's terrible.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:19 AM
Bears fans seem surprisingly happy about him calling Nagy out.

Fans are always looking for a scapegoat.

Rain Man
10-27-2020, 10:20 AM
It's hard to remember what it was like when our team had these problems. I'm happy about that.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 10:21 AM
They were behind last night BECAUSE of Foles. The interception in the end zone was a throw only rookies make.

He's terrible.

He wasn't great in the first half. For sure. But it would be compounding mistakes to not play aggressively when you are down multiple scores towards the end of the game. Kudos for making aggressive throws to try to get his team back into the game. If you throw a pick, you throw a pick. Sometimes it's your time to die.

So many coaches (and Alex Smiff QBs) would rather lose a game FOR SURE by 9 compared to MAYBE winning the game OR losing by 27.

Jameis Winston sucked because of WHEN he through most of those interceptions. WHEN and the SITUATION you throw interceptions is a HUUUUUUUUUUGGE factor in determining efficiency of a QB.

IowaHawkeyeChief
10-27-2020, 10:22 AM
He missed a couple of wide open guys last night... he shouldn't be throwing stones from his glass house...

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:24 AM
He wasn't great in the first half. For sure. But it would be compounding mistakes to not play aggressively when you are down multiple scores towards the end of the game. Kudos for making aggressive throws to try to get his team back into the game. If you throw a pick, you throw a pick. Sometimes it's your time to die.

So many coaches (and Alex Smiff QBs) would rather lose a game FOR SURE by 9 compared to MAYBE winning the game OR losing by 27.

A loss is a loss.

There was no chance the Bears were winning that game with how bad Foles was playing, especially when the Rams ramped up their pressure.

Peter Gibbons
10-27-2020, 10:24 AM
Perhaps Matt Nagy will replace EB as OC next year after he becomes a head coach.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if your successor is also your predecessor. Matt may end up a cautionary tale for EB’s HC tenure.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 10:26 AM
A loss is a loss.

There was no chance the Bears were winning that game with how bad Foles was playing, especially when the Rams ramped up their pressure.

So why even try then? Just punt the ball through the uprights or quit right there so nobody gets injured.

So many coaches (and their game managing QBs) will be down 27-6 or something....and then they will punt or kick a FG. It's just asinine. Lose close FOR SURE...OR lose big or MAYBE win. They would rather save face than put up a fight.

I would rather my QB in those situations sling it down the field into triple coverage than to throw it away or make the safe throw. At least if you sling it you still have an outside chance at PI, which is called at an unbelievable high rate on down field passes.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2020, 10:29 AM

:facepalm:

It’s wasn’t a signing, it was a trade.

Nagy isn’t the GM.

Ryan Pace, the Bears GM, sucks ass and should have been fired years ago.

The Bears might as well be the Jags, Dolphins and Browns because the franchise is laughable, which is par for the course in the NFC North.

Why Not?
10-27-2020, 10:32 AM

Foles has accomplished much more in the NFL than Nagy has. Not saying I love him going public but he has more credibility than Nagy for sure.

jjchieffan
10-27-2020, 10:32 AM
Foles is another Fitzpatrick. Great backup. He can get hot and play with the best. But he is just as likely to play like garbage and lose the game for you. You just never know which guy you're going to get. I thought that since Pederson got the best out of him in Philly, that Nagy would do the same in Chicago. I guess not.

RealSNR
10-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Remember when we were sad we lost Nagy and Pederson to other teams? Yeah me neither.

I was surprised Pederson got the job, and I kind of hoped he wouldn't leave just because he'd likely be replaced by Brad effing Childress (which he was).

Nagy I thought was getting promoted to head coach too early. I really think he could have used another year as offensive coordinator. Remember that his first year he was technically a co-OC with Childress, and then he was the actual OC for one season.

Andy Reid assistants tend to fare better than the guys from other coaching trees, but that doesn't mean they're mistake-free or even good head coach candidates. I don't think Nagy is necessarily a bad coach or was fool's gold as a QB guru, but it's clear he's not yet to the level of Andy Reid and his 20-something years of head coach experience.

I don't think it would be wise for the Bears to fire Nagy over something like this, but it is definitely something to watch out for, particularly if he starts making the same mistake with other QBs.

Mephistopheles Janx
10-27-2020, 10:34 AM
How do we know it's actually Nagy that's at fault and it isn't just the Foles sucks?

Not sure it matters. It is on the coach to call plays that will work for the team he has... not for the team he wished he had. I don't care if you have Brady, Foles, or Castle... whomever is calling that offense needs to be aware of the limitations of their team and calls plays that they have the talent to pull off.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:34 AM
So why even try then? Just punt the ball through the uprights or quit right there so nobody gets injured.

So many coaches will be down 27-6 or something....and then they will punt or kick a FG. It's just asinine. Lose close FOR SURE...OR lose big or MAYBE win. They would rather save face than put up a fight.

I would rather my QB in those situations sling it down the field into triple coverage than to throw it away or make the safe throw. At least if you sling it you still have an outside chance at PI, which is called at an unbelievable high rate on down field passes.

I would have benched Foles and tried to get a spark but of course Nagy can't do that because he dicked around with Foles and Trubisky already to start the year.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:35 AM
Not sure it matters. It is on the coach to call plays that will work for the team he has... not for the team he wished he had. I don't care if you have Brady, Foles, or Castle... whomever is calling that offense needs to be aware of the limitations of their team and calls plays that they have the talent to pull off.

If that's the case, then Chicago should almost never pass the ball. Their line is terrible and their QB's aren't much better.

It was the Rams and Aaron Donald. Not a lot was going to work and they're not really a team where you just "take what the defense gives" you.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 10:36 AM
Foles is another Fitzpatrick. Great backup. He can get hot and play with the best. But he is just as likely to play like garbage and lose the game for you. You just never know which guy you're going to get. I thought that since Pederson got the best out of him in Philly, that Nagy would do the same in Chicago. I guess not.

Pederson's team in Philly was MUCH more talented. Foles isn't a premier QB, he's not going to make a shit team suddenly good.

RealSNR
10-27-2020, 10:37 AM
:facepalm:

It’s wasn’t a signing, it was a trade.

Nagy isn’t the GM.

Ryan Pace, the Bears GM, sucks ass and should have been fired years ago.

The Bears might as well be the Jags, Dolphins and Browns because the franchise is laughable, which is par for the course in the NFC North.
In terms of recent history (say, since their 1985 Super Bowl) they're just one step above teams like the Lions, Bengals, and Browns. And not by much. The number of 3-13, 4-12, 5-11 records they have since their 1985 Super Bowl is pretty damn high. When they suck, they suck reeeally good for long periods, and when they don't suck, they can never sustain that success for more than a season or two.

They got a Rex Grossman Super Bowl loss to show for their troubles. That's it. Then it was back to the cellar with them.

Kman34
10-27-2020, 10:39 AM

Dude.. he sucks....

Bowser
So is Nagy going to go full Josh McDaniels? Flame out as a head coach and then return home to be a coordinator (after Bieniemy finds a head coaching gig)?

RunKC
Lot of folks shitting on a coach that is 25-14 with 2 playoff teams (at this time) in 2 of 3 years.

Nagy was handed arguably the worst draft blunder in history as his QB and despite that he’s winning. Foles is what he is but they didn’t have a choice. There’s not exactly great QB’s on the market every year. Especially when your GM trades multiple first rd picks for Khalil fucking Mack.

Nagy deserves to have his own QB. He also deserves to have a new competent GM. Hell if I was Nagy I’d go after Borgonzi

WhawhaWhat
10-27-2020, 10:40 AM
Don't they have these discussions on the sideline and in practice all the time? Talking about what is working and what's not working.

Kind of like Mahomes asking if they have enough time to run Wasp.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 10:40 AM
Nick Foles be like ......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GUNaf2mI0vQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KCUnited
10-27-2020, 10:48 AM
So is Nagy going to go full Josh McDaniels? Flame out as a head coach and then return home to be a coordinator (after Bieniemy finds a head coaching gig)?

The sentiment here at least, is that he's a good motivator and the players like him, he just needs to give up play calling duties. Feel he at least has general likeability over McDaniels.

Plus it was a weird offseason where no one actually believed Trubisky earned the starter job. With the clown car approach to front office decision making in Chicago, its hard to tell what Nagy's involvements really are.

Deberg_1990
10-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Nagy has dem Bears at 5-2. Why the outrage?

Mecca
10-27-2020, 10:58 AM
Don't they have these discussions on the sideline and in practice all the time? Talking about what is working and what's not working.

Kind of like Mahomes asking if they have enough time to run Wasp.

Some coaches don't like input and run what they want regardless..back in the day I remember a coach pulling a QB's ability to audible because he kept changing his plays.

Some guys are control freaks.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 11:13 AM
Dude.. he sucks....

You want a guy with a high ceiling and low floor? Or a guy with a low ceiling and low floor?

For me, I want the guy who can get hot and play like one of the best QBs in the league. If it's about Super Bowls and making a run in the playoffs isn't that what you want?

Otherwise what are we trying to do? Don't hamstring your team and tie yourself to a game managing QB....just tank and build for the future.

Dunerdr
10-27-2020, 11:17 AM
At this point Foles has more staying power than Nagy and hes flexing that big dick on him.

Shaid
10-27-2020, 11:18 AM
So does Nagy lose his job and come back to replace EB as OC?

CaliforniaChief
10-27-2020, 11:19 AM
I think that was said on background to Griese, and I think Griese realized it after he said it, because in the post-game deal with SVP he mentioned, but this time as his own observation, that there seemed to be a disconnect between the play calls and the reality, mentioning 7-step drops, etc.

Players and coaches tell the announcing crews all kinds of things, but always on background, so that there's more insight into play calling and the inside scoop on things without actually outing someone like that.

I can imagine Foles is pretty pissed at Griese today, but he did say it. "On background" with anyone in the media is a risky thing.

Shaid
10-27-2020, 11:19 AM
Well, I see a lot of people had the same thought as me.

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2020, 11:20 AM
You want a guy with a high ceiling and low floor? Or a guy with a low ceiling and low floor?

For me, I want the guy who can get hot and play like one of the best QBs in the league. If it's about Super Bowls and making a run in the playoffs isn't that what you want?

Otherwise what are we trying to do? Don't hamstring your team and tie yourself to a game managing QB....just tank and build for the future.

Foles can only "get hot" when he's surrounded by superior talent.

Foles isn't a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and will them to a win, hence the reason he's been traded twice and cut three times (so far).

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2020, 11:21 AM
At this point Foles has more staying power than Nagy and hes flexing that big dick on him.

Only a stupid front office would fire a head coach that took a shit team to 12-4 and 8-8, over an average QB that's threatened to quit football multiple times, whose also been cut three times and traded twice.

FAX
10-27-2020, 11:23 AM
This raises an interesting question I've never contemplated before.

Let's say you have a 25-second play clock and it takes 8 seconds to choose a play and call it in to the QB. Then, you have to spit out a 10-word call which takes 2 seconds. Then, you look around the huddle and notice that two of your skill players have never practiced that play so you have to repeat the call which takes an additional 2 seconds. There are now 13 seconds on the clock and one of your skill players is in the wrong position so you readjust him. We're now at 8 seconds and you haven't even checked the defensive alignment yet.

That could suck.

FAX

dirk digler
10-27-2020, 11:24 AM
I would have benched Foles and tried to get a spark but of course Nagy can't do that because he dicked around with Foles and Trubisky already to start the year.

Yup and IMVHO if your oline is that bad I would rather have the young mobile QB rather than the statue. I know Turdbisky is not good but neither is Foles.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Yup and IMVHO if your oline is that bad I would rather have the young mobile QB rather than the statue. I know Turdbisky is not good but neither is Foles.

Better than Trubisky tho.

FAX
10-27-2020, 11:26 AM
So does Nagy lose his job and come back to replace EB as OC?

He can't return as OC. If EB leaves, that's Kafka's job.

Nagy has to start at the bottom and work his way up again. Wally gives him a job carrying his towel and detangling his headset cord.

FAX

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:28 AM

An inconsistent QB is WORSE than a consistently mediocre one.

That's the problem. The chances of them leading to you to a Super Bowl over an entire season is about the same but only one of them is going to lose games you shouldn't lose, even if they win games you shouldn't.

There's a reason why guys like Foles and Fitz are career backups. The lack of consistency is a death knell for QB's.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 11:29 AM
An inconsistent QB is WORSE than a consistently mediocre one.

That's the problem. The chances of them leading to you to a Super Bowl over an entire season is about the same but only one of them is going to lose games you shouldn't lose, even if they win games you shouldn't.

There's a reason why guys like Foles and Fitz are career backups. The lack of consistency is a death knell for QB's.

Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give THE RIGHT team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot. Scared ****ing bitches.

I'm already pissed that that Herbert guy is on the Bolts. That guy gives no ****s.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.679401138.2422/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:29 AM

Foles isn't a guy that can put a team on his shoulders and will them to a win, hence the reason he's been traded twice and cut three times (so far).

Exactly.

dirk digler
10-27-2020, 11:30 AM
Better than Trubisky tho.

over a 16 game season yes but probably not by much. Maybe Nagy can get creative and swap QB's depending on the match up.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:31 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give a team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot.

You're missing the point.

They can come in and provide a spark.

But as soon as they start 5 or 6 games in a row, the counterbalance kicks in and they start single-handedly losing games with bonehead decisions.

They're BACKUPS, not starters.

Hoover
10-27-2020, 11:31 AM
My point is that they restructured his deal. I get bringing in Foles, I don't understand giving him new contract.

Pasta Little Brioni
10-27-2020, 11:32 AM
His own play was terrible last night. Missing open receivers isn't on the guy calling plays

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:33 AM
Ryan Fitzpatrick could come in and give THE RIGHT team a spark to win a Super Bowl. Similar to what Foles did.

Alex Smith and Derek Carr cannot. Scared ****ing bitches.

I'm already pissed that that Herbert guy is on the Bolts. That guy gives no ****s.

https://ih1.redbubble.net/image.679401138.2422/flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u2.jpg

Dumb money don't make money either. Just sayin'.

Investing in Nick Foles to be a 16-game starter is like flushing money down the toilet.

BossChief
10-27-2020, 11:35 AM
I bet not too many players share their thoughts with that announcer in the future.

I doubt Foles thought it would be repeated during a game.

Spott
10-27-2020, 11:49 AM
prediction-

I don’t even want him as a backup.

BWillie
10-27-2020, 11:51 AM
I bet not too many players share their thoughts with that announcer in the future.

I doubt Foles thought it would be repeated during a game.

Greise is such a narc.

He's the friend that you can't tell about banging hookers.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 11:51 AM
Greise is such a narc.

He's the friend that you can't tell about banging hookers.

He's a former Bronco.

You know deep down he's a lying snake.

JohnnyHammersticks
10-27-2020, 11:56 AM
Nagy is no Andy Reid in terms of play-calling, but Foles is re-fried dog shit. That INT in the end zone last night was moronic.

When he played for us, Foles actually threw the worst pass I've ever seen a pro quarterback make. It was like a 5 yd slant to Tyreek at the goal line and he missed him by 5 yards. It used to be on youtube but I can't find it now.

St. Patty's Fire
10-27-2020, 11:59 AM
prediction-

lmao as if Bears fans don't have enough salt in their wounds as is ROFLROFLROFL

srvy
10-27-2020, 12:34 PM
I never figured Foles for a blamer. If I am Nagy I give big dick nick playcalling duties this week. See how it pans out!

Pitt Gorilla
10-27-2020, 12:35 PM
Perhaps Matt Nagy will replace EB as OC next year after he becomes a head coach.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if your successor is also your predecessor. Matt may end up a cautionary tale for EB’s HC tenure.
Hard pass.

Pitt Gorilla
10-27-2020, 12:37 PM
Pat: We have time to run Wasp?
EB: With that line? **** no! Are you ****ing high right now? Be honest...
Pat: What if I backpedal like 14 steps?
EB: .....ok....

Bwana
10-27-2020, 12:40 PM

Bingo

KChiefs1
10-27-2020, 12:56 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/ANoYoFb1Fq5JC/giphy.gif

Megatron96
10-27-2020, 01:00 PM
Pat: We have time to run Wasp?
EB: With that line? **** no! Are you ****ing high right now? Be honest...
Pat: What if I backpedal like 14 steps?
EB: .....ok....

Does anyone else find it interesting how Patrick worded that question?

He didn't ask, "can we run WASP?" he asked, "do we have time to run WASP"? Obviously there was plenty of time in the game, so the only conclusion I'm left with is that he meant 'will the OL hold up long enough to run this play?'

Unless I'm missing something?

Rain Man
10-27-2020, 01:03 PM
Does anyone else find it interesting how Patrick worded that question?

He didn't ask, "can we run WASP?" he asked, "do we have time to run WASP"? Obviously there was plenty of time in the game, so the only conclusion I'm left with is that he meant 'will the OL hold up long enough to run this play?'

Unless I'm missing something?

I think that was pretty clear from the outset. Everyone knew that the 49ers were getting pressure, and Mahomes and the coaches knew that it was a slow developing play. I think it was a fair question and not denigrating to the offensive line given the timing of the route development.

Buehler445
10-27-2020, 01:08 PM
He's a former Bronco.

You know deep down he's a lying snake.

If Griese threw Foles under the bus, he should die in a fucking fire.

Shit like that can forever alter the dynamic between players and coaches.

I didn't figure Foles as the blaming type. He put up with a fucking mountain of shit in Philly and was a good soldier about all of it.

Megatron96
10-27-2020, 01:12 PM
Foles has never come out and attacked his coaches before so I don't know what to think. I get his frustration though. Last night Foles was under siege; he literally had no time to do much of anything. If that had been Brady behind that line it probably would've been worse, because Brady is even less mobile than Foles.

Even that EZ INT, while I can blame Foles for throwing into that coverage, just look at that play; just where was Foles supposed to go with that ball? And why dial up a play where your receiver is running away from the QB at top speed? The window on that throw was ridiculously tight.

Bottom line, Foles hasn't been impressive since starting, but really neither has the play-calling. Nagy needs to dial up plays that protect his QB, where he doesn't have to stand in that crappy pocket (using the term "pocket" incredibly loosely) for 4 seconds reading the defense. He needs to scheme up some better running plays to take some of the heat off his passer, and some creative but quick passing plays. Becuas whatever Nagy is dialing up right now isn't working at all, and he's gone through two QBs now trying it. He needs to go back to the drawing board and find some plays that his QB can actually execute.

Megatron96
10-27-2020, 01:14 PM
I think that was pretty clear from the outset. Everyone knew that the 49ers were getting pressure, and Mahomes and the coaches knew that it was a slow developing play. I think it was a fair question and not denigrating to the offensive line given the timing of the route development.

This is just a theory, but I think the Chiefs have someone that's actually timing the rush.

I think they're timing it, logging it, and using that info as the game progresses.

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 01:20 PM
He’s just another joe flacco

Flacco through his career was obviously way better.
But both have rings ,so neener neener neener

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 01:21 PM
Lol more silly gossip till next week's headlines.
Not worth the time

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 01:27 PM
Foles has never come out and attacked his coaches before so I don't know what to think. I get his frustration though. Last night Foles was under siege; he literally had no time to do much of anything. If that had been Brady behind that line it probably would've been worse, because Brady is even less mobile than Foles.

Even that EZ INT, while I can blame Foles for throwing into that coverage, just look at that play; just where was Foles supposed to go with that ball? And why dial up a play where your receiver is running away from the QB at top speed? The window on that throw was ridiculously tight.

Bottom line, Foles hasn't been impressive since starting, but really neither has the play-calling. Nagy needs to dial up plays that protect his QB, where he doesn't have to stand in that crappy pocket (using the term "pocket" incredibly loosely) for 4 seconds reading the defense. He needs to scheme up some better running plays to take some of the heat off his passer, and some creative but quick passing plays. Becuas whatever Nagy is dialing up right now isn't working at all, and he's gone through two QBs now trying it. He needs to go back to the drawing board and find some plays that his QB can actually execute.

Chicago's line can't do anything well. This is an organizational failure at this point.

Megatron96
10-27-2020, 01:56 PM
Chicago's line can't do anything well. This is an organizational failure at this point.

Absolutely.

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 03:01 PM
Lol Watch Foles end up as a Rams Back up before trade deadline.
Mmmm

Easy 6
10-27-2020, 05:28 PM
We can talk about Ryan Pace, injuries and whatever else, but Nagy needs to own up... his offense shouldn't look that bad, he's had enough time to get things dialed in better than THAT

Titty Meat
10-27-2020, 05:33 PM
We should trade for him/cp probably

candyman
10-27-2020, 06:30 PM
We should trade for him/cp probably

I wouldn't give up a pick, but he's a hell of a lot better than Henne.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 07:44 PM
Lol Watch Foles end up as a Rams Back up before trade deadline.
Mmmm

Not sure Foles would ever go back to the Rams.

Dartgod
10-27-2020, 08:56 PM
According to Foles...

However, Foles was asked about the comments after the loss to the Rams and said that the conversation with Griese wasn’t relayed correctly.

“That’s not what I was trying to bring across in that conversation,” he said.

“We go through plays and different situations, and I’ll be honest and say we need to get the ball out quicker. We were talking about game situations and Coach Nagy’s and my conversations and our relationship. I’ll say on the sideline, ‘Maybe we don’t have the time right now for this type of drop because of the pressure that they’re bringing.’ I think that’s a valuable conversation I’m able to have with him.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/27/nick-foles-says-brian-grieses-broadcast-comments-came-from-a-miscommunication/

DaneMcCloud
10-27-2020, 09:19 PM
Not sure Foles would ever go back to the Rams.

I don't think that Foles is a fit for McVay's offense and they don't have a full compliment of draft picks because they've been trading them like a drunken sailor has been at the helm for the past few years.

htismaqe
10-27-2020, 09:35 PM
I don't think that Foles is a fit for McVay's offense and they don't have a full compliment of draft picks because they've been trading them like a drunken sailor has been at the helm for the past few years.

Right but all that aside, they kind of did him dirty. I doubt he'd want to go back there even if he did get a chance.

CarlosCarson27
10-27-2020, 10:16 PM
Nick has a ring! Fuck everyone else!

Rainbarrel
05-05-2023, 05:00 PM
Colts cut him

Megatron96
05-05-2023, 05:11 PM
Colts cut him

Unsurprising. Foles has been washed for a while now. Whatever mobility he had is apparently long gone, and his deep ball accuracy also took a serious crap recently.

notorious
05-05-2023, 05:13 PM
Colts have literally brought in every swinging (big) dick to play QB since Geico retired.

It's lovely to watch.

Wisconsin_Chief
05-05-2023, 07:11 PM
We ended the Colts franchise in that playoff win. It was so much sweet revenge rolled into one game. It was that game that made me realize things were different now.