PDA

View Full Version : Football Tua's first NFL start

Megatron96
10-28-2020, 04:03 PM
Not that it matters to the Chiefs, but Tua is going to start his first NFL game this weekend, replacing the much-loved (by Chiefs fans anyway) veteran Ryan Fitzpatrick, against the LA Rams, led by potential DPOY, Aaron Donald. The question is, should MIA even be starting their future franchise QB in this game?

Consider: Tua is coming back from a very serious hip injury/surgery. He's a rookie; he's never faced an NFL defensive front like the one the Rams have, which might be ranked as high as third in the league rushing the passer. Last week alone, Aaron Donald generated 10 QB pressures. While spending most of the game double-teamed.

Coming back from a serious hip injury, is this really the game you would pick to start the future of your franchise?

ThyKingdomCome15
10-28-2020, 04:10 PM
He seems nice.

BWillie
10-28-2020, 04:11 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a good back up. Maybe next year.

KChiefs1
10-28-2020, 04:17 PM
Ryan Fitzpatrick would be a good back up. Maybe next year.

If he wants a ring.

Deberg_1990
10-28-2020, 04:18 PM
I was wrong about Fitzpatrick

http://www.m.chiefsplanet.com/showthread.php?t=250716

alpha_omega
10-28-2020, 04:21 PM
....The question is, should MIA even be starting their future franchise QB in this game?...

In a perfect world, absolutely not. Sit him for a year (for all the reasons you said).

They could be thinking they want to see what he is now so if it goes south, they can always draft another if necessary.

Megatron96
10-28-2020, 04:31 PM
In a perfect world, absolutely not. Sit him for a year (for all the reasons you said).

They could be thinking they want to see what he is now so if it goes south, they can always draft another if necessary.

Apparently, according to ESPN, they originally planned to start Tua after the bye, but their bye was moved up; he was never supposed to start against the Rams for his first game. Which I guess explains Ryan's reaction; he thought he had a few more games to go as the starter.

What it sounds like MIA is doing is sticking with starting Tua after the bye, regardless of who they're playing, which IMO sounds kind of stupid. I'm positive that if I were the HC/GM for MIA I wouldn't have Tua be the starter vs. Aaron Donald and crew. Not for his first ever NFL game. Not even if I thought I had the best OL in the game. Which they don't.

If Tua hurts that hip, well, I could see the GM and maybe the HC getting fired.

Easy 6
10-28-2020, 04:47 PM
After a bit of waffling, I've come to conclusion that... maybe its time to rip off the band-aid

The rules now favor young guns, we're seeing it more and more with the likes of Burrow, Herbert, Murray etc... lets see what the kids about already, my Fins fan work buddy definitely agrees

Flores handled it badly with Fitz, but its still the right move to make IMO

CarlosCarson27
10-28-2020, 04:49 PM
He'll probably have a day as bad as who ever starts for Jets.

Megatron96
10-28-2020, 04:52 PM
After a bit of waffling, I've come to conclusion that... maybe its time to rip off the band-aid

The rules now favor young guns, we're seeing it more and more with the likes of Burrow, Herbert, Murray etc... lets see what the kids about already, my Fins fan work buddy definitely agrees

Personally, my issue is just that he's getting his first start vs. the Rams and Aaron Donald. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'd start him against the Cards the following week. Much safer game to start him, IMO.

CarlosCarson27
10-28-2020, 04:56 PM

It's simply all the vet QB are on the way out. They have to generate interest in the new guys.
Mahomes is getting all the commercials. Not sure who's second and third behind him.
The Ravens QB wi be another cunningham and fade out soon enough. The Chargers QB, unless they use make up or surgically removed his spots, he wobt be the next big thing. This ain't 1975. You have look cool.

Megatron96
10-28-2020, 05:02 PM
It's simply all the vet QB are on the way out. They have to generate interest in the new guys.
Mahomes is getting all the commercials. Not sure who's second and third behind him.
The Ravens QB wi be another cunningham and fade out soon enough. The Chargers QB, unless they use make up or surgically removed his spots, he wobt be the next big thing. This ain't 1975. You have look cool.

$100 says that Herbert will be zit-free by the start of next season. That face is potentially worth tens of millions of dollars. He'll pay whatever it takes to clean that shit up.

htismaqe
10-28-2020, 05:02 PM

Baker Mayfield. ROFL

Megatron96
10-28-2020, 05:04 PM
Baker Mayfield. ROFL

Really? I would've guessed Lamar. I've seen three Lamar commercials today already; haven't seen a single Baker commercial yet.

CarlosCarson27
10-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Baker Mayfield. ROFL

Actually, yeah. Decent looking guy and he is winning. The fact he was used extensively in commercial early on was proof the nfl had plans for him.

htismaqe
10-28-2020, 05:08 PM
Really? I would've guessed Lamar. I've seen three Lamar commercials today already; haven't seen a single Baker commercial yet.

I watch ESPN pretty much every night for a couple hours plus I watch all of the prime time games.

I have yet to see a Lamar commercial. I see 3 or 4 Progressive commercials a week and I see that stupid Hulu commercial at least twice every broadcast.

CarlosCarson27
10-28-2020, 05:09 PM
$100 says that Herbert will be zit-free by the start of next season. That face is potentially worth tens of millions of dollars. He'll pay whatever it takes to clean that shit up.

If they're using him, the money won't need to come from him.

Easy 6
10-28-2020, 05:10 PM
Personally, my issue is just that he's getting his first start vs. the Rams and Aaron Donald. That doesn't sound like a recipe for success. It sounds like a recipe for disaster. I'd start him against the Cards the following week. Much safer game to start him, IMO.

Its a tough ask no doubt, their O line is near the bottom... but something seems to be driving Flores confidence, lets see what happens

CarlosCarson27
10-28-2020, 05:10 PM
I watch ESPN pretty much every night for a couple hours plus I watch all of the prime time games.

I have yet to see a Lamar commercial. I see 3 or 4 Progressive commercials a week and I see that stupid Hulu commercial at least twice every broadcast.

HULU HAS LIVE SPORTSSSSSS