View Full Version : Life New doctor and 1,000 new forms to fill out.

scho63
10-31-2020, 01:20 PM
Thursday I have 3 separate doctor appointments and one is a new cardiologist.

They sent me the forms via email to fill out and there were 8 in total with some being 4-5 pages.

WTF? I'm not applying for a mortgage!

Why can't the medical profession create a universal form with the same 95% they all want?

This is the 2nd time in 3 months I'm filling out all the same shit. Last year in the hospital I think I filled out enough forms to create "War and Peace".

Am I just a cranky old man or does everything get pissed doing the same shit over and over?
:skip:

Man it's so repetitive. :shake:

Hog's Gone Fishin
10-31-2020, 01:28 PM
Yeah, it's bullshit and annoying ! All your stuff should be in a network system. And what's so bad is when you actually get in to see a doctor they seem lost as to your info.

Hope all is well !

loochy
10-31-2020, 02:11 PM
Yeah! It's such bullshit that they want to know your health history! Why would a doctor need that to help me?

SuperBowl4
10-31-2020, 02:17 PM
just pay someone else to fill it out

Delano
10-31-2020, 02:35 PM
You boomers realize you can post this kind of inane bullshit on your social media and someone might actually give a shit about it right?

Jewish Rabbi
10-31-2020, 05:33 PM
If you didn’t fuck hookers you wouldn’t need a syphilis test.

|Zach|
11-01-2020, 12:32 AM
Its almost like healthcare should more universal.......

|Zach|
11-01-2020, 12:32 AM
You boomers realize you can post this kind of inane bullshit on your social media and someone might actually give a shit about it right?

LMAO

JakeLV
11-01-2020, 12:39 AM
HIPAA basically.

SupDock
11-01-2020, 08:29 AM
HIPAA basically.

That's a big part of it. Also, there are many different medical record systems that don't communicate with each other.

And as you stated, even if clinics share the same medical record system, they often can't share data because of patient privacy. If they belong to the same health system, they can share information.

oldman
11-01-2020, 09:33 AM
All my doctors are in the same system, which makes life so much easier.

Bwana
11-01-2020, 09:36 AM
I went into CVS Friday to get my flu shot. When I got up to the counter, I was basically being ignored. Finally the old hide says, what do you need. I told her I was there to get punished up with a flu shot. She chimes in in a sarcastic voice, "are you 65 or older?" I told her no and she said, well then we're out! I told her, well then you have yourself a great day there miss charisma, and left.

I drove down the street a couple blocks and went into the Albertsons Pharmacy and reluctantly asked, do you guys have any flu shots? The dude says, yes. He asked if I had ever had the shingles shots and I told him no. I ended up getting the flu shot in the right arm and the shingles shot in the left.

The flu arm feels fine, 100%, the shingles arm feels like it took a round house kick. I mean it's not the end of the world bad, but it's definitely there and from what I hear about shingles, it's a small price to pay. I have to go in for the 2nd shingles shot at the end of December.

HonestChieffan
11-01-2020, 10:28 AM
The one of many benefits of having St Lukes as our hospital is all forms are shared with any doc in the St Lukes system and you can go online and update/change as needed.

Chief Roundup
11-01-2020, 10:34 AM
It is BS but it is the way things are nowadays so yeah you are just being grumpy.

sedated
11-01-2020, 10:59 AM
Old man yells at cloud

Fat Elvis
11-01-2020, 11:19 AM
I went into CVS Friday to get my flu shot. When I got up to the counter, I was basically being ignored. Finally the old hide says, what do you need. I told her I was there to get punished up with a flu shot. She chimes in in a sarcastic voice, "are you 65 or older?" I told her no and she said, well then we're out! I told her, well then you have yourself a great day there miss charisma, and left.

I drove down the street a couple blocks and went into the Albertsons Pharmacy and reluctantly asked, do you guys have any flu shots? The dude says, yes. He asked if I had ever had the shingles shots and I told him no. I ended up getting the flu shot in the right arm and the shingles shot in the left.

The flu arm feels fine, 100%, the shingles arm feels like it took a round house kick. I mean it's not the end of the world bad, but it's definitely there and from what I hear about shingles, it's a small price to pay. I have to go in for the 2nd shingles shot at the end of December.

Was it the Shingrex shot? That one is much more effective than the previous shingles vaccine. And yes, it is quite a shock to the arm (and system).

gblowfish
11-01-2020, 11:26 AM
Most of those forms are CYA stuff for the insurance company and the health provider. Everybody is too lawyered up.

Monticore
11-01-2020, 02:48 PM
Having a invisible tattoo with all our medical info on it doesn’t seem like a bad idea .

Bwana
11-01-2020, 03:02 PM
Was it the Shingrex shot? That one is much more effective than the previous shingles vaccine. And yes, it is quite a shock to the arm (and system).

Yes

He said they don't even give the old one at this point in time.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-01-2020, 05:58 PM
Yes

He said they don't even give the old one at this point in time.

You can still use it, but there's little point, especially since it's a live vaccine with less efficacy (which means it would be given to fewer people). You don't have to get the second shot by the end of December, but depending on your insurance, you may want to. Range for the second shot is 2-6 months after the first.

loochy
11-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Having a invisible tattoo with all our medical info on it doesn’t seem like a bad idea .

Hiderpty derp id2020.org derp

Graystoke
11-01-2020, 06:28 PM

Did you have any side effects from the shingles shot besides the sore arm?

I had the same routine as you on Wednesday. That shingles shot made me achy, fatigued, feeling feverish and just outa sorts for about 36 Hours. Not looking forward to the 2nd series.

Bwana
11-01-2020, 08:00 PM
Did you have any side effects from the shingles shot besides the sore arm?

I had the same routine as you on Wednesday. That shingles shot made me achy, fatigued, feeling feverish and just outa sorts for about 36 Hours. Not looking forward to the 2nd series.

Slight headache and a bit tired that night, but that's it.

Graystoke
11-01-2020, 08:55 PM
You can still use it, but there's little point, especially since it's a live vaccine with less efficacy (which means it would be given to fewer people). You don't have to get the second shot by the end of December, but depending on your insurance, you may want to. Range for the second shot is 2-6 months after the first.

Will my second shingles shot mess me up as much as my first shot in the series?

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-02-2020, 01:55 PM

Can't really give you a definitive answer there. Some people only experience side effects with the first or second dose, and some are unlucky and get it with both.

stanleychief
11-02-2020, 02:35 PM

And here I thought social media was a place where millennials went to remark on posts without significantly contributing to the subject matter. I stand corrected!

redfan
11-02-2020, 03:06 PM
Yeahhh.
Water is wet, fire is hot, babies cry, dogs bark, leaves fall from trees, and health care in the USA is beyond fucked. It's really a shame it is this way, but here we are. USA pays the most, gets the least.

Flying High D
11-02-2020, 03:23 PM

Few more gallons of anal leakage, other than that and puss oozing out your penis hole it shouldn’t be much different than the first.

Monticore
11-02-2020, 03:47 PM

Yeah new shot seems more effective, my wife got he old one Zostovax? and has been dealing with a shingles in her jaw/mouth and sores inside for last few weeks, she ahs been somewhat cranky.

R Clark
11-02-2020, 06:51 PM

Keep that shit in Canada ahh

scho63
11-02-2020, 07:10 PM
If you didn’t **** hookers you wouldn’t need a syphilis test.

Gotta keep the doctors working! :p

Plus I'm too old and slow to catch Syphilis. Ubeja Vontell told me it runs a 4.06 40 yd dash. :hmmm:

Flying High D
11-02-2020, 09:25 PM
Yeah new shot seems more effective, my wife got he old one Zostovax? and has been dealing with a shingles in her jaw/mouth and sores inside for last few weeks, she ahs been somewhat cranky.

That’s probably not shingles, good buddy.

Monticore
11-05-2020, 09:55 AM
That’s probably not shingles, good buddy.

She is a doctor and her colleagues and dentist friend seem to concur, but who knows.

ChiefBlueCFC
11-05-2020, 10:31 AM

Coworker of mine had shingles last year... did not sound fun or pleasant in the least

Bwana
01-11-2021, 11:55 PM

I got my second round last Friday. It kicked my ass Saturday. I felt fatigued, a slight headache, light headed, like walking around in a fog and had the chills. I took a couple of Tylenol and by that night I was coming around. By Sunday I was 100%, other than my arm being a little sore. The first shot kicked my ass for two days. A little short term discomfort to avoid the shingles, is definitely worth it in my book.

srvy
01-12-2021, 12:10 AM

You gave enough of a shit to open the thread and post in it. The title should have warned you away from your disinterest yet here you are.

J Diddy
01-12-2021, 12:40 AM
Do you know how many doctors I see in a 3 month period.

Chalk up period to you chart and get on with it.

Tonka83
01-12-2021, 08:03 AM
I guess I wouldn't mind filling them out (it's really not all that often really) but it never fails to amaze me that as I scroll past all the questions asking about my last period, am I pregnant, yada yada, and answer all the legitimate questions that pertain to me, that when I do get in to see the doc, the nurse comes in with a tablet and asks me all the same questions again. Why did you waste my time out in the lobby? I was interested in reading the Time magazine that was on the coffee table - apparently, the US is planning on boycotting the 1984 Olyinpics.

RedRaider56
01-12-2021, 08:08 AM
I just went through the whole "new doctor" process and fortunately, I was able to do all of their stuff online prior to my visit. Made things a whole lot easier.