PDA

View Full Version : Royals Five Years Ago Today

gblowfish
11-03-2020, 01:10 PM
A beautiful day, much like today. My favorite day as a Royals fan ever. Spent with my two best baseball buddies in the world. All three of us were together at the 1985 Royals Parade too. My best man Gary on the left; my childhood friend Derrek on the right is gone now. It was probably our best day together ever as friends. Miss him and miss the Royals being good. Hopefully we won't have to wait 30 years for the next one!

cabletech94
11-03-2020, 01:12 PM
Glorious!!

+1.

Why Not?
11-03-2020, 01:14 PM
Such a glorious day indeed.

Bearcat
11-03-2020, 02:43 PM
Booked a hotel room shortly after they won. Easy drive to Union Station/Crown Center area the night before. Got some work done from the hotel the morning of the parade. I could see the setup outside Union Station from my room, so I waited until it just started filling up with people and headed over to get a spot on the hill.

The plan was to maybe meet up with a few people, but of course that didn't really work out among the million others who showed up. Still had a blast, of course.

In some ways it feels like yesterday, thinking back to specific moments.... yet, so, so long ago.

Demonpenz
11-03-2020, 02:46 PM
The Royals had the devil magic. I love the chiefs but the day in and day out watching of a baseball team just beating the shit out of other teams was glorious. Especially death by a thousand paper cuts because we just knocked the ball around on the ground lol

duncan_idaho
11-03-2020, 02:59 PM
It was a great day, a great week, a great run.

Bearcat
11-03-2020, 04:32 PM
The Royals had the devil magic. I love the chiefs but the day in and day out watching of a baseball team just beating the shit out of other teams was glorious. Especially death by a thousand paper cuts because we just knocked the ball around on the ground lol

I had a similar thought when replying.... baseball is such a 50/50 game and watching the magic night after night for ~400 games across two seasons was pretty magical.

Plus, the difference in regular season and playoff baseball is just off the charts, from golf clapping outs to living and dying by every pitch while standing 4 straight hours.

And you can actually attend a World Series game without travelling across the country and spending $5000/ticket (granted, the past two AFCCGs were pretty awesome in person, too).

Mama Hip Rockets
11-03-2020, 08:29 PM
I miss it. I want it back.

EPodolak
11-03-2020, 09:07 PM
Really was special, obviously we didn't know after '14 if we'd get back there, there's that worry. What a great five years it's been for KC sports.