PDA

View Full Version : Football Marino's record falls! ESPN has the lead story...

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson (25-5) ties Dan Marino for best start by quarterback

I'm not even kidding. Lead story is Lamar Jackson.

The 100 TD record is THIRD.

TwistedChief
11-08-2020, 06:34 PM
Sending you virtual hugs during these dark times. :-)

DRM08
11-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Ah yes, let's ignore the 0-2 record in the playoffs.

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Sending you virtual hugs during these dark times. :-)

Thank you my friend. I need them!

:grouphug:

Bearcat
11-08-2020, 06:41 PM
<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="4668760" data-share-method="host" data-width="40%" data-aspect-ratio="1.8863636363636367"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/the-office-office-ellie-kemper-sorry-not-sorry-idk-gif-4668760">I Don't Get It! I'm Sorry, I Just - I Don't Get It - The Office GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/theoffice-gifs">Theoffice GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

St. Patty's Fire
11-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Ah yes, let's ignore the 0-2 record in the playoffs.

losing in the playoffs definitely makes him more similar to marino than pat :):)

Deberg_1990
11-08-2020, 06:42 PM
But Lamar dominated the Colts today.

Mecca
11-08-2020, 06:44 PM
ESPN seems to have a very vested interest in hyping Lamar.

carcosa
11-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Lamar will match Marino's Super Bowl win record too

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 06:45 PM
losing in the playoffs definitely makes him more similar to marino than pat :):)

Touche!

Easy 6
11-08-2020, 06:46 PM
We all know who has the real nugget, Jacksons a flash in the pan

mililo4cpa
11-08-2020, 06:48 PM
It's funny that every time they mention a Lamar record, they always say "regular season only, playoffs not included...." I chuckle

chiefzilla1501
11-08-2020, 06:49 PM
I was honestly surprised mahomes has 9 losses. So used to winning. Seems like so long ago our shithead defense lost us 5 games a few years ago

ChiefsFanatic
11-08-2020, 07:01 PM
I was honestly surprised mahomes has 9 losses. So used to winning. Seems like so long ago our shithead defense lost us 5 games a few years agoMahomes has had a lead in every game he has played, and think in most of his losses, he had a 4th quarter lead. His defense lost every game except the Colts game, and Mahomes was injured in that game.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

keg in kc
11-08-2020, 07:05 PM
I was honestly surprised mahomes has 9 losses. So used to winning. Seems like so long ago our shithead defense lost us 5 games a few years agoLast week was the first time a team that wasn't us beat then in the regular season, IIRC

keg in kc
11-08-2020, 07:06 PM
Mahomes has had a lead in every game he has played, and think in most of his losses, he had a 4th quarter lead. His defense lost every game except the Colts game, and Mahomes was injured in that game.

Sent from my GM1915 using TapatalkThat is an incredibly obtuse and myopic way to look at a team sport.

scho63
11-08-2020, 07:22 PM
The media never wants just one hero.

Even during Tom Brady glory they made sure Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Ben Rapeshamburgers, and of course Mahomes at the recent remain in the spotlight at a minimum.

Gotta appease all fans.

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 07:24 PM

Even during Tom Brady glory they made sure Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Matt Ryan, Ben Rapeshamburgers, and of course Mahomes at the recent remain in the spotlight at a minimum.

Gotta appease all fans.

In your analogy, Brady is Mahomes and all those other guys are Lamar Jackson.

Unfortunately, you've got it backwards.

To the media right now, LAMAR JACKSON is Brady. Mahomes, Rodgers, those guys are the also rans.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-08-2020, 07:25 PM
We can all see Mahomes counting to three on his fingers in a future game telecast

Bearcat
11-08-2020, 07:30 PM
In your analogy, Brady is Mahomes and all those other guys are Lamar Jackson.

Unfortunately, you've got it backwards.

To the media right now, LAMAR JACKSON is Brady. Mahomes, Rodgers, those guys are the also rans.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far... there's plenty of love for Mahomes and he probably suffers from the "Michael Jordan Effect" as many have named it.

IMO, as someone who pays little attention to sports media, my guess is they desperately want the next Brady/Manning and Lamar Jackson is currently it for a Mahomes/? pairing.

FloridaMan88
11-08-2020, 07:31 PM
I was honestly surprised mahomes has 9 losses. So used to winning. Seems like so long ago our shithead defense lost us 5 games a few years ago

Bob Sutton is responsible for most of those losses.

ping2000
11-08-2020, 07:35 PM
ESPN? Who gives a shit?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

InChiefsHeaven
11-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Fuck it, and fuck ESPN...just keep winning and get another SB...that's all that matters...

htismaqe
11-08-2020, 08:20 PM
ESPN? Who gives a shit?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It's entertaining.

Sannyasi
11-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Mahomes' record is more impressive than Lamar's because Lamar's is really a team record. Theoretically any bad QB could win this record if they had a good enough defense/special teams/running game around them.

As far as why Lamar's record is getting (slightly) more coverage, it could just be an editorial decision. Maybe Lamar's record is more surprising to the audience because he is seen as having regressed this year, whereas Mahomes has already set a thousand different passing records so seeing him break record number 1001 might be less interesting for the reader.

ChiefsFanatic
11-08-2020, 09:21 PM
That is an incredibly obtuse and myopic way to look at a team sport.I know it's a team sport, but giving your team a 14 point lead with 4 minutes left should be good enough to win.

I know that's just one example, but I don't think Mahomes was responsible for any loss, except the Colts, and a case could be made for the Rama game simply because of the turnovers he had.

However, I don't know how anyone could see it much differently. That's why everyone wanted Sutton gone. It was obvious that Sutton was losing games with his terrible scheme, and refusal to adapt to the players.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Strongside
11-08-2020, 10:09 PM
He'll likely tie Dan Marino's record for postseason bed shits. Maybe even beat it.

DRM08
11-09-2020, 12:08 PM
Rob Parker with the dumbest argument of all-time:

https://deadspin.com/easily-lamar-jackson-s-feat-is-better-than-patrick-mah-1845620055

Wins and losses are the only thing that matter, except for those inconvenient facts where Mahomes is 3-0 against Lamar and Mahomes is 4-1 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl ring while Lamar is 0-3 against Mahomes and Lamar is 0-2 in the playoffs.

Of course Rob Parker is the same moron who refuses to give Tom Brady an ounce of credit while making a million excuses for Aaron Rodgers. If winning is the only thing that matters, he should be on the Brady side of things instead of Rodgers.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:10 PM

https://deadspin.com/easily-lamar-jackson-s-feat-is-better-than-patrick-mah-1845620055

Wins and losses are the only thing that matter, except for those inconvenient facts where Mahomes is 3-0 against Lamar and Mahomes is 4-1 in the playoffs with a Super Bowl ring while Lamar is 0-3 against Mahomes and Lamar is 0-2 in the playoffs.

:doh!:

What a stupid article.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:16 PM

They have to.

Mahomes hype builds its self. He's the most hyped player in the league as it is. Mahomes does his part and the NFL hypes the shit out of him.

The NFL has to promote other players.

Matter of fact, the NFL is the best league in terms of player promotion. They hype the shit out of all their QB's.

So Lamar gets hyped.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:18 PM

Exactly.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:19 PM
They have to.

Mahomes hype builds its self. He's the most hyped player in the league as it is. Mahomes does his part and the NFL hypes the shit out of him.

The NFL has to promote other players.

Matter of fact, the NFL is the best league in terms of player promotion. They hype the shit out of all their QB's.

So Lamar gets hyped.

They're desperately seeking a foil to Mahomes though. Why are the SO invested in making THAT player Lamar Jackson? There's actually better options but they refuse to use them.

What is it about Lamar Jackson that people so desperately WANT him to be 1b to Mahomes' 1a? Because he's not and it's not even close.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:19 PM
Exactly.

They have plenty of guys to choose from. Why Lamar? Why do they continue to push a narrative that is just plain false?

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:20 PM

Nah man. Nah.

Mahomes is THE man in the NFL. Pundits, fans....advertising dollars all point at Mahomes.

Mahomes is the overwhelming favorite in the NFL, and just because other guys get love doesn't change that.

staylor26
11-09-2020, 12:20 PM
They're desperately seeking a foil to Mahomes though. Why are the SO invested in making THAT player Lamar Jackson? There's actually better options but they refuse to use them.

What is it about Lamar Jackson that people so desperately WANT him to be 1b to Mahomes' 1a? Because he's not and it's not even close.

I have an idea, but I’ll keep it to myself...

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:21 PM
Nah man. Nah.

Mahomes is THE man in the NFL. Pundits, fans....advertising dollars all point at Mahomes.

Mahomes is the overwhelming favorite in the NFL, and just because other guys get love doesn't change that.

Stop.

Go read the Deadspin article that was posted.

It's not about Lamar getting "love". There are still people out there pushing the narrative that Lamar is BETTER than Mahomes. On a weekly basis.

carcosa
11-09-2020, 12:22 PM

Of course Rob Parker is the same moron who refuses to give Tom Brady an ounce of credit while making a million excuses for Aaron Rodgers. If winning is the only thing that matters, he should be on the Brady side of things instead of Rodgers.

Zombie Deadspin is fucking terrible

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:24 PM
They're desperately seeking a foil to Mahomes though. Why are the SO invested in making THAT player Lamar Jackson?

We don't see this the same at all.

I don't see attempts to foil Mahomes at all. Matter of fact, when it comes to Mahomes, Mahomes is treated like Football Jesus.

When it comes to QB hype, it's Russel Wilson being touted as the rival MVP candidate, not Lamar Jackson.

The new kid on the block (the next great hype) is Kyler Murray.

They rave about the rooks, Burrow and Herbert.

The revitalized aging vets in Rodgers, Brady and Ruthlessraper....

I see a lot of hype moving AWAY from Jackson actually. Especially after their losses to KC and Pitt.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:24 PM
Stop.

Go read the Deadspin article that was posted.

It's not about Lamar getting "love". There are still people out there pushing the narrative that Lamar is BETTER than Mahomes. On a weekly basis.

That's one deadspin article.

The NFL media as a whole is all over Mahomes' jock.

Individuals pushing stupid narratives will always exist. But overwhelmingly the love goes to Mahomes, despite a Deadspin article here and there.

Bearcat
11-09-2020, 12:25 PM

Isn't Mahomes right there, too? Something like 24-6/23-7? It's not like he's throwing a bunch of garbage time TDs for the Lions.

"Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson overcame a halftime deficit for the first time in his career to win a game." SO AMAZING! LMAO

It is sadly amusing whenever someone is so desperately trying to make a click bait point against the grain, but can't help but to trample all over it...... like trying to downplay Mahomes' accomplishment -- "As for Mahomes’ TD pace, it’s impressive. But often in this pass-happy league, the numbers today are inflated because the ball is thrown now more than ever before." ....in an article where you're trying to convince people a guy with 54 career TDs just knows how to win, which is apparently an inflated number for Jackson in this pass-happy league.

"But when put in perspective and context, it’s on the menu everywhere." ....except Baltimore, apparently. :shrug:

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:26 PM
I have an idea, but I’ll keep it to myself...

Yes, do that.

Bearcat
11-09-2020, 12:27 PM

Individuals pushing stupid narratives will always exist. But overwhelmingly the love goes to Mahomes, despite a Deadspin article here and there.

Yeah, he gets plenty of love... no matter how blatantly stupid an argument can be, someone will try to make it for the clicks.

DRM08
11-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Isn't Mahomes right there, too? Something like 24-6/23-7? It's not like he's throwing a bunch of garbage time TDs for the Lions.

"Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson overcame a halftime deficit for the first time in his career to win a game." SO AMAZING! LMAO

It is sadly amusing whenever someone is so desperately trying to make a click bait point against the grain, but can't help but to trample all over it...... like trying to downplay Mahomes' accomplishment -- "As for Mahomes’ TD pace, it’s impressive. But often in this pass-happy league, the numbers today are inflated because the ball is thrown now more than ever before." ....in an article where you're trying to convince people a guy with 54 career TDs just knows how to win, which is apparently an inflated number for Jackson in this pass-happy league.

"But when put in perspective and context, it’s on the menu everywhere." ....except Baltimore, apparently. :shrug:

The worst part of the win-loss thing with Rob Parker is that he's an Aaron Rodgers fanboy who gives zero credit to Tom Brady for his leadership (or talent for that matter) and 6 rings. He makes a million excuses for why the shitty leader Aaron has only won a single ring in Green Bay.

The win-loss argument falls apart completely when you look at his lack of consistency in this area (Brady/Rodgers being the perfect example). Falls apart further when you look at Lamar & Mahomes in head to head matchups and their playoff victories/losses.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:29 PM
We don't see this the same at all.

I don't see attempts to foil Mahomes at all. Matter of fact, when it comes to Mahomes, Mahomes is treated like Football Jesus.

When it comes to QB hype, it's Russel Wilson being touted as the rival MVP candidate, not Lamar Jackson.

The new kid on the block (the next great hype) is Kyler Murray.

They rave about the rooks, Burrow and Herbert.

The revitalized aging vets in Rodgers, Brady and Ruthlessraper....

I see a lot of hype moving AWAY from Jackson actually. Especially after their losses to KC and Pitt.

I think it depends on what media you consume.

In the above, you're talking about TV coverage. For sure, the pre-game shows and the NFL hourly shows do 1-2 minute segments on pretty much every promising QB in the league, young or old.

You're right there.

That being said, I read a ton of online articles and they're much less varied in their arguments. That Deadspin article isn't isolated. I still see them in a lot of publications.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:29 PM

Fact is, Chiefs haters exist and some of them are amateur sports writers.

They can all kiss the fucking ring. Anyone who's someone, and anyone worth listening to know that Jackson isn't in the same hemisphere as Mahomes and their opinions on teh subject are easy to find

DRM08
11-09-2020, 12:33 PM
I'm legitimately curious about this. What is Lamar's record when Baltimore defense gives up 25+ points? Lamar has had a pretty damn good defense for his entire time as a starter from what I've seen.

Mahomes has had a very questionable defense backing him for a huge chunk of his time starting in Kansas City. This includes all of 2018, a huge chunk of 2019, and it's been kind of up/down this season so far including a performance where they gave up 40 points to the Raiders.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:34 PM
Yeah, he gets plenty of love... no matter how blatantly stupid an argument can be, someone will try to make it for the clicks.

Like the "Buccs are the best team in the league" bullshit.

No doubt written by some asshole that needs a Hot Take and wants to be the first to declare.

Then we all laugh as they get blown out on National T.V.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:35 PM
I think it depends on what media you consume.

In the above, you're talking about TV coverage. For sure, the pre-game shows and the NFL hourly shows do 1-2 minute segments on pretty much every promising QB in the league, young or old.

You're right there.

That being said, I read a ton of online articles and they're much less varied in their arguments. That Deadspin article isn't isolated. I still see them in a lot of publications.

They can all kiss the ring.

Haters gonna hate.

staylor26
11-09-2020, 12:37 PM
Yes, do that.

Well since you don’t want me to, I will! :)

Many of the talking heads in ESPN are black and the black community LOVES Lamar. It’s really that simple.

And with a lot of people in the black community any criticism of Lamar can be considered subtle racism.

For example, I’ve been accused of being a racist on the internet just for saying Lamar is a below average passer.

People in the media are scared to be too critical of Lamar because of all of this. It’s obvious.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:38 PM
They can all kiss the ring.

Haters gonna hate.

It isn't really hate though. They just desperately prop up Lamar like he's God's gift to football.

I honestly just don't understand why when there's so many great young QB's to talk about.

The Franchise
11-09-2020, 12:38 PM
Saw an interesting stat last night as they showed the scores from the afternoon games.

Yesterday was the first time that Lamar Jackson had won a game when losing at halftime.

First. Time.

Bearcat
11-09-2020, 12:39 PM
The worst part of the win-loss thing with Rob Parker is that he's an Aaron Rodgers fanboy who gives zero credit to Tom Brady for his leadership (or talent for that matter) and 6 rings. He makes a million excuses for why the shitty leader Aaron has only won a single ring in Green Bay.

The win-loss argument falls apart completely when you look at his lack of consistency in this area (Brady/Rodgers being the perfect example). Falls apart further when you look at Lamar & Mahomes in head to head matchups and their playoff victories/losses.

Heh, interesting web of bullshit, for sure.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:41 PM
It isn't really hate though. They just desperately prop up Lamar like he's God's gift to football.

I honestly just don't understand why when there's so many great young QB's to talk about.

He keeps losing games that matter and they'll shift...patience.

ModSocks
11-09-2020, 12:42 PM
Saw an interesting stat last night as they showed the scores from the afternoon games.

Yesterday was the first time that Lamar Jackson had won a game when losing at halftime.

First. Time.

Because he's always been carried by his defense...

Which again, is STILL the way to beat Lamar. Beat his defense.

mililo4cpa
11-09-2020, 12:44 PM

Gotta appease all fans.

While I don't fundamentally disagree that the media wants and needs QB rivalry, I'd say that those guys you mention have something in common: They all have played in a Super Bowl....and out of that list (and you can include Peyton Manning there too), only Ryan hasn't won one.

Jackson hasn't even won a playoff game yet, and how the media makes him out to be THE quintessential QB is insane. The reality is right now, it's Mahomes, Wilson, and Rodgers, and a pretty significant gap between the next tier that would include Jackson, who by the way has regressed pretty noticeable this season.

Also, as of last night, Mahomes being the quickest to 100 TDs wasn't even in the top NFL stories on ESPN, but there was Jackson's story right at the top

Of course, none of this isn't to diminish Jackson's talent, skill, and achievement (which is more of a team achievement not personal, but OK, it's still his), but to make a big deal over it and completely ignore basically the top QBs accomplishment that literally happened at the same time, and is more individual in nature is sheer insanity!

ChiefsCountry
11-09-2020, 12:46 PM
Mahomes is only half black. That isn't good enough for the media.

jd1020
11-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Marino's record of 0 SB wins fell in Mahomes' first attempt.

Bearcat
11-09-2020, 12:48 PM
Like the "Buccs are the best team in the league" bullshit.

No doubt written by some asshole that needs a Hot Take and wants to be the first to declare.

Then we all laugh as they get blown out on National T.V.

The first to declare thing is definitely obnoxious, but I think that Bucs article in particular gets overblown for what they're trying to accomplish with the deep analytics.... I read that article as the Bucs were playing the best football up to that point, as they're trying to level out all the variables and the chance a team is going to lose to a lesser team, etc.

But of course, it gets sold as "best team by a mile", so everyone can laugh when they lose a couple games or lose in the playoffs.

At the very least, I can at least respect an article that looks at the stats/analytics and tries to draw conclusions.... versus the Deadspin article that's tripping over itself trying to make a point that just isn't there.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Also, as of last night, Mahomes being the quickest to 100 TDs wasn't even in the top NFL stories on ESPN, but there was Jackson's story right at the top

That's the OP. ;)

mililo4cpa
11-09-2020, 12:53 PM
That's the OP. ;)

True, but as of the close of the early games yesterday, it was listed, but down like the 5th headline.....

After the late games, it disappeared completely, but there was our good buddy LJ in the top spot!

EDIT: on the ESPN app right now, LJ story is #4, behind CMC shoulder injury, Allen ankle surgery, and those "mentally tough" Steelers lol.....of course, Mahomes story not listed at all

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 12:53 PM
The first to declare thing is definitely obnoxious, but I think that Bucs article in particular gets overblown for what they're trying to accomplish with the deep analytics.... I read that article as the Bucs were playing the best football up to that point, as they're trying to level out all the variables and the chance a team is going to lose to a lesser team, etc.

But of course, it gets sold as "best team by a mile", so everyone can laugh when they lose a couple games or lose in the playoffs.

At the very least, I can at least respect an article that looks at the stats/analytics and tries to draw conclusions.... versus the Deadspin article that's tripping over itself trying to make a point that just isn't there.

FYI, I loaded up that Bucs article and found the like to the DVOA/DAVE standings they used. They haven't been updated for this week yet because of MNF but I'd be willing to bet the Chiefs are #1 after this week.

The Franchise
11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
True, but as of the close of the early games yesterday, it was listed, but down like the 5th headline.....

After the late games, it disappeared completely, but there was our good buddy LJ in the top spot!

Because Mahomes is boring to them. He’s polite. He goes out and handles business every game. Shit...his worst games are good games for bad QBs.

They all sat there after his first season and said that defenses would figure him out and it wouldn’t continue. They haven’t and they have nothing else to say about him.

DRM08
11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
Just looked through the game logs. It looks like Lamar has 1 win and 5 losses when the defense gives up 25+ points. By comparison, Mahomes has 7 wins and 7 losses when the defense gives up 25+ points. Defense playing a pretty big role in Lamar's win percentage.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2020, 01:01 PM
And yet Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer dedicates most of his Monday column to Lamar Jackson's "improvement" as a QB, yet doesn't mention Mahomes at all until the final paragraph and fails to mention his achievement.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2020, 01:04 PM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/11/09/mmqb-week-9-lamar-jackson-ravens-growing-dolphins-giants-saints

40% of Breer's Monday Morning column is dedicated to Lamar Jackson, while Mahomes was relegated to a single paragraph at the bottom.

Maybe for networks whose ratings are helped by Mahomes but the same cannot be said about "print".

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 01:06 PM
Yep. I already conceded the TV stuff, they tend to talk about everybody.

I read a lot of "print" articles and it's just awful how much they talk about Lamar Jackson.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2020, 01:14 PM
Yep. I already conceded the TV stuff, they tend to talk about everybody.

I read a lot of "print" articles and it's just awful how much they talk about Lamar Jackson.

If Mahomes played on an East Coast or West Coast team, not to mention the Dallas Cowboys, everyone in the country would be sick of hearing about him already.

Pitt Gorilla
11-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Meh, it doesn't bother me one bit. And I can guarantee you that Pat doesn't GAF. He'd run the veer option if it meant the Chiefs come out on top.

And to that point, the Ravens and Lamar have won a ton of games. They simply can't beat Pat and the Chiefs. ;)

Pitt Gorilla
11-09-2020, 01:22 PM
And yet Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer dedicates most of his Monday column to Lamar Jackson's "improvement" as a QB, yet doesn't mention Mahomes at all until the final paragraph and fails to mention his achievement.
I think Mahomes is a "victim" of his consistency. If any other QB made just about any of the throws Pat makes, they might be the lead on SC. Pat has to make the throw upside down on a moped for it to register at all (and he makes those plays as well). And I'm 100% good with that. I'll take ho-hum phenom Pat every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

DRM08
11-09-2020, 01:23 PM
Meh, it doesn't bother me one bit. And I can guarantee you that Pat doesn't GAF.

Not true man. We know he pays attention to this kind of stuff and he uses it as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. I hope he will continue putting that chip on the shoulder. The results will be strong for the Chiefs if he can keep that fire burning to continue proving folks wrong.

Pitt Gorilla
11-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Not true man. We know he pays attention to this kind of stuff and he uses it as motivation to prove a lot of people wrong. I hope he will continue putting that chip on the shoulder. The results will be strong for the Chiefs if he can keep that fire burning to continue proving folks wrong.

You think he cares about the order of articles on ESPN? He may care about GMs not drafting him or his peers ranking someone else above him, but I'm not convinced the order of articles at a particular point in time moves his needle whatsoever.

Bearcat
11-09-2020, 01:34 PM
I think Mahomes is a "victim" of his consistency. If any other QB made just about any of the throws Pat makes, they might be the lead on SC. Pat has to make the throw upside down on a moped for it to register at all (and he makes those plays as well). And I'm 100% good with that. I'll take ho-hum phenom Pat every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I agree game-to-game... the headline would be "another 350+ yard/4 TD game for Mahomes", and there wouldn't be much to talk about. But..... breaking a record held by/since Dan Marino should be one of those "if we haven't talked about how great this guy is for the past few weeks, here ya go..." statements.

But... Lamar Jackson threw for 170 and ran for 58 and a TD, and beat a team that scored 10 points, and overcame a halftime deficit for the first time ever... and it was 10-7 at halftime.

Mecca
11-09-2020, 01:35 PM
#1 they desperately want a rival for him because to this point he doesn't have one. Lamar Jackson is an easier story to write because he has flaws and divided support. Writing about Mahomes is like "yea he's really good"

DRM08
11-09-2020, 01:37 PM
You think he cares about the order of articles on ESPN? He may care about GMs not drafting him or his peers ranking someone else above him, but I'm not convinced the order of articles at a particular point in time moves his needle whatsoever.

I think he absolutely cares about people going out of their way to overhype other players while downplaying his ability and achievements. His soon to be wife and his brother both pay a lot of attention to the media. I don't think he is completely sheltered from it. This article right here is a direct shot at him. I'm certain Parker, Bayless, and others will be doing their usual spin on TV this week as well.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2020, 01:48 PM

Dude, if he played for the Giants or any other large media market, all we'd hear about 24/7/365 is the greatness of Patrick Mahomes.

Mecca
11-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Dude, if he played for the Giants or any other large media market, all we'd hear about 24/7/365 is the greatness of Patrick Mahomes.

That's probably pretty accurate, it's a mixture of a lot of things I think.

ThaVirus
11-09-2020, 01:58 PM

The media has been sucking Mahomes' cock, dude. Stop with this shit.

Imagine writing this article while Mahomes is fresh off a Super Bowl victory LMAO

Guy's a total dipshit.

Many of the talking heads in ESPN are black and the black community LOVES Lamar. It’s really that simple.

And with a lot of people in the black community any criticism of Lamar can be considered subtle racism.

For example, I’ve been accused of being a racist on the internet just for saying Lamar is a below average passer.

People in the media are scared to be too critical of Lamar because of all of this. It’s obvious.

I'm sure there are many who do prop up Jackson because he's black, but there are enough black QBs now who've faced enough criticism to where I don't think that's the key issue. Vick, Newton, Jameis, Watson, Wilson, hell Kyler Murray is solid brown-skinned and a #1 overall pick and even he's not immune.

alpha_omega
11-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Baltimore Ravens QB Lamar Jackson (25-5) ties Dan Marino for best start by quarterback

I'm not even kidding. Lead story is Lamar Jackson.

The 100 TD record is THIRD.

You are gonna hate this one too.....

Ravens set NFL record for 20-point games with win in Indy

INDIANAPOLIS -- Lamar Jackson fast-tracked the Baltimore Ravens' latest record-breaking achievement.

He opened the second half with an up-tempo game plan that got Indianapolis' defense out of sync. Then, as it wore down, Jackson took full advantage with a series of perfectly timed play calls, including an incredible fake on his 9-yard scoring run to seal a 24-10 victory.

Baltimore surpassed Denver for the most consecutive games with 20 or more points in NFL history. The Ravens have hit the mark 31 straight times, one more than the Broncos from 2012-14.

“We caught the defense off guard,” Jackson said. "The offensive line did a good job and our guys were getting open.“

Jackson's day didn't come with the usual gaudy numbers. He was 19 of 23 with 170 yards and no touchdowns and carried 13 times for 58 yards. Most importantly, he had no turnovers.

But the league's reigning MVP helped the Ravens (6-2) keep pace with the Steelers in the AFC North by making some key adjustments.

After punting on their first five possessions and watching the defense score the Ravens' only points of the first half, Jackson switched it up. The No. 1 ranked rushing offense transformed into a no-huddle, controlled passing team that quickly seized control and never gave Indy (5-3) a second chance once Gus Edwards gave them a 14-10 lead on a 1-yard TD plunge midway through the third quarter.

Jackson followed with the historic scoring run on the next drive to make it 21-10 with 11:08 remaining.

“Everybody has an assignment and guys have just got to play hard and win their individual battles,” Colts defensive tackle DeForest Buckner said. “I think for the most part we did that, we just had to convert on third downs and get the ball back to the offense.”

How lopsided was the second half? At one point, Baltimore had a 32-4 advantage in plays.

The defense, as usual, also did its part.

Jonathan Taylor gave Indy a 7-0 lead with an early scoring leap then gave it right back when Marcus Peters ripped the ball out of Taylor’s hands. Chuck Clark scooped up the loose ball and sprinted 65 yards, hurdling Philip Rivers, to tie it at 7. The Ravens have now had a takeaway in 21 straight games

Rodrigo Blankenship's field goal just before halftime gave Indy a 10-7 lead. It didn't last.

Indy snuffed out one Baltimore scoring chance by recovering a fumble near the goal line, but Rivers gave it back on the very next play, courtesy of coach John Harbaugh's challenge which turned an incompletion into an interception by Peters. That play set up Edwards' go-ahead score.

Baltimore's first win in Indianapolis helped extend their league-high road winning streak to 10 and ended a stretch of 20 consecutive losses when trailing at halftime.

“I’m glad we did," Harbaugh said when asked about going fast in the second half. “I thought it was a good move. That made a big difference in the game."

INJURIES

Ravens: They came in already down three key players — left tackle Ronnie Stanley, cornerback Marlon Humphrey and linebacker L.J. Fort. Defensive end Calais Campbell hobbled off the field with a strained left calf injury on the third play of the game. He did not return, though Harbaugh said it wasn't a serious injury. Cornerback Khalil Dorsey also injured his shoulder in the first half.

Colts: Four-time Pro Bowl receiver T.Y. Hilton was inactive because of a groin injury he suffered in last week's win at Detroit. Pro Bowl tight end Jack Doyle left late in the first half with a concussion. Linebackers Darius Leonard and Anthony Walker also were injured in the second half. Leonard later returned.

STAT PACK

Ravens: Baltimore ran 38 times for 110 yards as a team, posting its 31st consecutive 100-yard game. It breaks a tie with Carolina for the league's third-longest streak since the 1970 merger. ... Jackson improved to 25-5, tying Hall of Famer Dan Marino for the best 30-game start in league history. ... Baltimore leads the league with 12 defensive touchdowns since 2018. ... Harbaugh's brother, Jim, also was on the sideline in Indiana this weekend for Michigan's game at Indiana.

Colts: Rivers was 25 of 43 with 227 yards and one interception, falling 4 yards short of passing Marino for fifth on the NFL's career passing list. ... Jordan Wilkins carried 11 times for 39 yards, helping the Colts churn out 112 yards on the ground. ... Indy fell to 3-1 at home this season and lost for the first time in three games.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ravens-set-nfl-record-20-point-games-win-74098179

ThaVirus
11-09-2020, 02:03 PM

He might get a bit of a boost but it's not like they're shying away from making Mahomes the face of the league.

Plus, Peyton was a headliner for a decade in Indy which isn't all that large of a market.

Mecca
11-09-2020, 02:03 PM
While it's a weird discussion to have......Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray are treated a little bit differently than Mahomes and Wilson are by some media and as shitty as it is to say I do sometimes wonder if the race plays into it.

ptlyon
11-09-2020, 02:05 PM
Meh. Whatever. It's all about AFCW championships, SB victories, rings, and drunken parades.

DaneMcCloud
11-09-2020, 02:05 PM
He might get a bit of a boost but it's not like they're shying away from making Mahomes the face of the league.

Plus, Peyton was a headliner for a decade in Indy which isn't all that large of a market.

Peyton Manning in his prime would not be overshadow by a Lamar Jackson, yet that's exactly what the print media has done to Mahomes.

Generally speaking, I pretty much ignore the cry of "The media doesn't care about flyover states" but in this case, it's warranted.

staylor26
11-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Peyton Manning in his prime would not be overshadow by a Lamar Jackson, yet that's exactly what the print media has done to Mahomes.

Generally speaking, I pretty much ignore the cry of "The media doesn't care about flyover states" but in this case, it's warranted.

Absolutely. How is it even debatable that Mahomes would be much more beloved if he played for a team like Dallas?

Mecca
11-09-2020, 02:10 PM
I think it's a mixture of a lot of things....

Market size
Mahomes is always good so to a reporter that could be boring to write about
We're still viewed by some as "the bad guys" for some of our players
And for todays world some reporters are going to view Lamar Jacksons hard upbringing to NFL star as a better story than Mahomes growing up the son of an athlete.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 02:10 PM
You are gonna hate this one too.....

I mentioned this article as well, maybe it was in another thread, but yeah, I saw it.

Oh I know, it was in the thread where somebody mentioned the Chiefs breaking their own record for consecutive games scoring 23+ points.

Not a mention on ESPN or NFL.com but they were all over this story about the Ravens.

FloridaMan88
11-09-2020, 02:17 PM
Lamar Jackson is like reporting on a train wreck... more drama from a journalism perspective than reporting on the perfection that is Mahomes.

ThaVirus
11-09-2020, 02:34 PM
While it's a weird discussion to have......Lamar Jackson and Kyler Murray are treated a little bit differently than Mahomes and Wilson are by some media and as shitty as it is to say I do sometimes wonder if the race plays into it.

They're different types of QBs so that could be the cause before I'd look at race.

tyecopeland
11-09-2020, 02:49 PM
I opened the espn app this afternoon and the first video that started playing was a espn first take debate about whether mahomes is the GOAT already.

Stop getting all upset because Lamar gets some attention.

MahomesMagic
11-09-2020, 02:52 PM
The NFL fell into a cash cow with Mahomes. Of course they are going to look to support other young star QB's.

They'll be fine. Honestly right now after Mahomes, Murray and Burrow are must watch QB's for me.

rocknrolla
11-09-2020, 03:06 PM
How De'sauwn Watson has fallen, a year ago it was supposed to be Mahomes vs. Watson.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 03:12 PM
I opened the espn app this afternoon and the first video that started playing was a espn first take debate about whether mahomes is the GOAT already.

Stop getting all upset because Lamar gets some attention.

That's Stephen A Smith and it's a video.

We've already established that the televised media is much different than the print media.

HemiEd
11-09-2020, 05:35 PM

Total diversity, he is all black.

HemiEd
11-09-2020, 05:39 PM
It's entertaining.

You are too easily entertiained.

HemiEd
11-09-2020, 05:51 PM

:clap:

HemiEd
11-09-2020, 05:54 PM
Exactly

Hayneplane
11-09-2020, 06:14 PM
It’s ludicrous that equalling a record is given greater prominence than smashing a record out of sight.

Megatron96
11-09-2020, 06:22 PM
Not sure why we care about whether Patrick is black or not. I did notice that every time they mention Patrick today they pretty much lead with 100 touchdowns thing. Which is pretty cool as a Chiefs fan.

J Diddy
11-09-2020, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty much done with these incremental "record." Unless it's most in a game, a season, or a career I couldn't care less.

Who gives a crap if you're the fastest runner in the first mile of a marathon?

KCJake
11-09-2020, 07:20 PM
This guy has Cam Newton written all over him. Give it 2-3 more years

R Clark
11-09-2020, 07:29 PM
It’s ludicrous that equalling a record is given greater prominence than smashing a record out of sight.

This guy has Cam Newton written all over him. Give it 2-3 more years

If that

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 07:31 PM
I'm pretty much done with these incremental "record." Unless it's most in a game, a season, or a career I couldn't care less.

Who gives a crap if you're the fastest runner in the first mile of a marathon?

Being the fastest to 100 TD's is a pretty big fucking deal.

Megatron96
11-09-2020, 10:58 PM

Well, generally I might agree with you, but this particular record has stood for 34 years. In any sport if you break a record that’s almost 4 decades old its generally considered a pretty big deal.

lcarus
11-10-2020, 12:04 AM
We all know who has the real nugget, Jacksons a flash in the pan

Lamar:

https://i.redd.it/eshkp1ybgjd51.jpg

Patrick Mahomes:

https://c.files.bbci.co.uk/9971/production/_105418293_4b4fef50-4b2c-42fd-9361-01af10b7d6a4.jpg

Pitt Gorilla
11-10-2020, 12:10 AM
The NFL fell into a cash cow with Mahomes. Of course they are going to look to support other young star QB's.

They'll be fine. Honestly right now after Mahomes, Murray and Burrow are must watch QB's for me.Yeah, they're fun. Tua might pop up on that list as well.

Best22
11-10-2020, 01:59 AM

Peyton played in a flyover state

Mecca
11-10-2020, 10:24 AM
Here you go...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DNDe3tH4dOU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
11-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Mahomes fatigue still doesn't explain why the first choice for hype is always Jackson, at least for the writers.

He's not even top 5 anymore. Maybe fringe top 10. He's not even a real QB for fuck's sake.

Halfcan
11-10-2020, 03:34 PM
Mahomes breaks a Marino record every single week. Has for a while now. Every game he has the most passing TD's to that point.

40 games 101 TD's

htismaqe
11-10-2020, 03:36 PM
Mahomes breaks a Marino record every single week. Has for a while now. Every game he has the most passing TD's to that point.

40 games 101 TD's

Yeah but 100 is a benchmark. It's an actual record, unlike 75 or 90.

Wallcrawler
11-10-2020, 06:06 PM
Mahomes fatigue still doesn't explain why the first choice for hype is always Jackson, at least for the writers.

He's not even top 5 anymore. Maybe fringe top 10. He's not even a real QB for ****'s sake.

Defending MVP is most of the reason for this IMO. People hyping Lamar are still waiting anxiously for his passing game to catch up to his rushing ability, its just not going to happen.

Lamar famously mocked his critics after he destroyed a completely inept dolphins team last year with the "Not bad for a running back" statement.

It hasnt aged well, though.

Lamar simply cannot throw the football at a level that can win a championship. He can throw when he wants to, when defenses are so caught up with the run that there are wide open guys, but when he is FORCED to throw the ball, against pass coverages, tight windows, minimal separation, he folds like a cheap suit.

High, inaccurate throws, sack fumbles, and interceptions generally plague him when he has to shoulder the load.

Hes just not a complete quarterback. He may never be.

MahomesMagic
11-11-2020, 08:05 AM
People were too high on Lamar last year and are now too low this year. NFL teams have adjusted as Tennessee and Kansas City have shown you pack the triangle and the Baltimore scheme gets stopped.

If the Ravens can find their way to another elite outside WR then his stock will go back up. Lamar needs a true #1 WR which he doesn't have. If he gets that those of you saying he is not a QB will look as dumb as Polian next year.

htismaqe
11-11-2020, 08:48 AM
People were too high on Lamar last year and are now too low this year. NFL teams have adjusted as Tennessee and Kansas City have shown you pack the triangle and the Baltimore scheme gets stopped.

If the Ravens can find their way to another elite outside WR then his stock will go back up. Lamar needs a true #1 WR which he doesn't have. If he gets that those of you saying he is not a QB will look as dumb as Polian next year.

What's another WR going to do to help him? He struggles to throw outside the hashes.

If they really want to help him, they'll get another top-tier TE and run 2 of them on every play.

FloridaMan88
11-11-2020, 09:47 AM

Manning played most of his career in Indiana... a.k.a. a "flyover state".

staylor26
11-11-2020, 09:50 AM

LMAO

Yea that’s going to fix all of Lamar’s issues as a passer! Just give him a #1 WR and they’re fixed!

ThaVirus
11-11-2020, 09:55 AM
Well a true #1 WR would help him.

Josh Allen is very similar to Lamar. The Bills added Diggs and Allen looks vastly improved.

Bearcat
11-11-2020, 09:57 AM

What's another WR going to do to help him? He struggles to throw outside the hashes.

If they really want to help him, they'll get another top-tier TE and run 2 of them on every play.

It's starting to sound like Alex Smith with the 49ers... well, just make sure the defense allows the fewest points in the league so he can come back from those 10-7 halftime deficits and that he has a couple great tight ends and a true #1 receiver and an offensive line to run behind, and maybe put a dome on the stadium so when he lobs those passes towards the sidelines they don't float away on windy days...... and boom, he'll prove the doubters wrong!

staylor26
11-11-2020, 09:58 AM

Josh Allen is very similar to Lamar. The Bills added Diggs and Allen looks vastly improved.

He still has the same issues and other than last week when he played the worst pass defense in the NFL, he’s really come back down to earth the last few weeks.

Also, Allen today is the better passer between the two and has more upside in that department.

It might help Lamar a little, but his issues as a passer will still exist just like they do with Allen.

htismaqe
11-11-2020, 11:02 AM

Josh Allen is not similar to Lamar.

Josh Allen has the arm strength to throw the deep outside routes. Lamar Jackson does not.

ThaVirus
11-11-2020, 11:05 AM
Josh Allen is not similar to Lamar.

Josh Allen has the arm strength to throw the deep outside routes. Lamar Jackson does not.

Of course they are. They’re both mobile QBs who struggle with accuracy. Major difference is that Allen’s got a strong arm while Jackson’s much faster. Still, the core issue is the same.

htismaqe
11-11-2020, 11:13 AM
I definitely think the Ravens should add a #1 WR.

Marquise Brown is near the tops in the league in average separation per play. He has 5 more targets than anybody on the team.

And he's complaining about his role.

Add another #1 WR and the Ravens might just implode trying to make the RB into a QB.

Wallcrawler
11-11-2020, 02:12 PM
As said, Lamar is ASS when trying to throw outside the numbers. Hell, he even struggles down the middle if the coverages are there.

He needs two big stud TEs, and Greg Roman can run his ground n pound all day, while taking advantage of passing routes inside that make their money when the linebackers commit to the run, and the ball is out before they can recover.

When pressured, hes always going to look to run anyway, instead of keeping his eyes downfield and looking for his receivers to break open.

Mostly because hes a beast as a runner, but theres also the fact that if his guy did break open for a big play, good chance Lamar misses on the throw.

I cant think of any wideout that would actually want to go to Baltimore because Jackson is the qb.

MahomesMagic
11-11-2020, 02:19 PM
LMAO

Yea that’s going to fix all of Lamar’s issues as a passer! Just give him a #1 WR and they’re fixed!

He threw 36 Passing TD's last year throwing to a hobbled Hollywood Brown, Willie Snead, and Miles Boykin.

Yeah, adding in a true #1 helps.

Paint by numbers QB people are docking Lamar for not looking like last decade's pocket passer while not adding in all the value of his hyper mobility, ball placement instinct.

This ain't the 1980's anymore.

St. Patty's Fire
11-11-2020, 02:26 PM
He threw 36 Passing TD's last year throwing to a hobbled Hollywood Brown, Willie Snead, and Miles Boykin.

Paint by numbers QB people are docking Lamar for not looking like last decade's pocket passer while not adding in all the value of his hyper mobility, ball placement instinct.

All of the upcoming/currently elite Qbs combine the best of both worlds. Murray CAN throw a strike on a deep out if he has to. Tua CAN play some of his best football in the pocket. Burrow CAN consistently throw outside the numbers while being mobile.

Lamar is a running QB, flat out. These other guys are throwers who can run. Murray is to closest to being a "running QB", but he's elite in areas Lamar isn't even good in.

Megatron96
11-11-2020, 02:34 PM

I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but I dock Lamar for his struggles to read a defense pre-and post-snap, throw with anticipation, accuracy down the sidelines, and processing. What’s more, he seemingly hasn’t improved in those areas over last season.

And yeah, I’d take a lot of those ‘80s QBs over Lamar today, for exactly those reasons.

ptlyon
11-11-2020, 02:42 PM
And yeah, I’d take a lot of those ‘80s QBs over Lamar today, for exactly those reasons.

I shall give you, Todd Blackledge

Megatron96
11-11-2020, 02:50 PM
I shall give you, Todd Blackledge

Heh, maybe not. Boomer? Every day. Fouts, Plunkett, Kelly, Moon, Aikman, Theisman. . . Yeah, no question.

htismaqe
11-11-2020, 03:01 PM

Yeah, it's 2020 and Lamar Jackson still isn't a top 10 QB.

You're way off here man.

htismaqe
11-11-2020, 03:02 PM
All of the upcoming/currently elite Qbs combine the best of both worlds. Murray CAN throw a strike on a deep out if he has to. Tua CAN play some of his best football in the pocket. Burrow CAN consistently throw outside the numbers while being mobile.

Lamar is a running QB, flat out. These other guys are throwers who can run. Murray is to closest to being a "running QB", but he's elite in areas Lamar isn't even good in.

I don’t know what anyone else thinks, but I dock Lamar for his struggles to read a defense pre-and post-snap, throw with anticipation, accuracy down the sidelines, and processing. What’s more, he seemingly hasn’t improved in those areas over last season.

Exactly.

OrtonsPiercedTaint
11-12-2020, 03:09 AM
?

Lamar Jackson: Opposing defenses are 'calling out our plays'

Lamar Jackson thinks he has a pretty good idea why the Baltimore Ravens aren't replicating last season's success on offense.

The quarterback said that opposing defenses are keying in on the offense's tendencies.

"They're calling out our plays, stuff like that. They know what we're doing. So ... sometimes stuff won't go our way if they're beat us to the punch," Jackson told "The Rich Eisen Show."

Jackson added, "Yeah, they definitely do (call out our plays). Like 'run' and stuff like that, or 'Watch out for this, watch out for that.' Sometimes that's what's going on."

Baltimore finished with the NFL's second-ranked offense last season in terms of yardage but has slipped to 23rd this year.

"The passing just needs to step it up a lot," Jackson said, according to ESPN's Jamison Hensley. "Those guys need the ball in their hands. We have to call the right plays for them guys to get the ball in their hands. We should be fine on offense."

The 23-year-old was named MVP in 2019 after throwing a league-leading 36 passing touchdowns and accumulating 1,206 rushing yards. Jackson hasn't inflicted similar damage this time around, finishing with a passer rating under 90 in five of his eight games this season.

The 6-2 Ravens are scheduled to take on the New England Patriots in Week 10.

MahomesMagic
11-12-2020, 06:00 AM

I still remember arguing with people that Kyler Murray was good in his draft. Got pushback when I said he was better prospect than Baker Mayfield.

No need to sell me on Murray, he's my highest rated QB since Mahomes.

htismaqe
11-12-2020, 07:31 AM
?

Lamar Jackson: Opposing defenses are 'calling out our plays'

Lamar Jackson thinks he has a pretty good idea why the Baltimore Ravens aren't replicating last season's success on offense.

The quarterback said that opposing defenses are keying in on the offense's tendencies.

"They're calling out our plays, stuff like that. They know what we're doing. So ... sometimes stuff won't go our way if they're beat us to the punch," Jackson told "The Rich Eisen Show."

Jackson added, "Yeah, they definitely do (call out our plays). Like 'run' and stuff like that, or 'Watch out for this, watch out for that.' Sometimes that's what's going on."

Baltimore finished with the NFL's second-ranked offense last season in terms of yardage but has slipped to 23rd this year.

"The passing just needs to step it up a lot," Jackson said, according to ESPN's Jamison Hensley. "Those guys need the ball in their hands. We have to call the right plays for them guys to get the ball in their hands. We should be fine on offense."

The 23-year-old was named MVP in 2019 after throwing a league-leading 36 passing touchdowns and accumulating 1,206 rushing yards. Jackson hasn't inflicted similar damage this time around, finishing with a passer rating under 90 in five of his eight games this season.

The 6-2 Ravens are scheduled to take on the New England Patriots in Week 10.

Translation:

They've simplified their offense so much to accommodate Lamar Jackson that the opposing defense have deconstructed their calls and know what they're running.

Exhibit #23 why Lamar Jackson will never be a real top QB in this league.