PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL Comeback POTY Bet

dlphg9
11-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Didn't someone on here say they put some money down on Alex Smith to win Comeback Player of the Year? I think I read it in a thread and was wondering who it was, how much they bet, and what odds they had.

Kman34
11-09-2020, 10:48 AM
I guarantee it wasn’t Clay..

RealSNR
11-09-2020, 11:32 AM
If Alex Smith doesn't win it, the award is a sham.

wazu
11-09-2020, 11:40 AM
So yesterday Alex threw 3 INTs and his team lost to a terrible Giants team. Made me wonder - if he just sucks on an epic level, and gets benched for some practice squad QB, does that matter? I guess I usually think that the player who is coming back needs to demonstrate they can still play somewhere near previous levels.

saphojunkie
11-09-2020, 11:40 AM
I did.

Right before his interception Greg Gumble said “Alex smith continues one of the most extraordinary comebacks in sports history.”

Interceptions won’t matter. Dude wasn’t supposed to walk again, and he’s thrown a touchdown pass.

pugsnotdrugs19
11-09-2020, 11:41 AM
I bet $70 and will win around $870 if he wins

Hammock Parties
11-09-2020, 11:43 AM
So yesterday Alex threw 3 INTs and his team lost to a terrible Giants team.

All I heard about was his amazing 60 yard TD pass that went about 20 air yards and was forced into coverage.

More fake news...

pugsnotdrugs19
11-09-2020, 11:46 AM
He can throw multiple interceptions every single game and I’ll still believe that he should win the award. The guy almost died, and even if he didn’t almost die, had an injury that most people could never come back from to actually start as a quarterback in the NFL.

Why Not?
11-09-2020, 11:47 AM
I did.

Right before his interception Greg Gumble said “Alex smith continues one of the most extraordinary comebacks in sports history.”

Interceptions won’t matter. Dude wasn’t supposed to walk again, and he’s thrown a touchdown pass.

Easy to say about another teams player. Did you see how people here reacted to Eric Berry like a season or two after he survived cancer?

DaFace
11-09-2020, 11:49 AM
So yesterday Alex threw 3 INTs and his team lost to a terrible Giants team. Made me wonder - if he just sucks on an epic level, and gets benched for some practice squad QB, does that matter? I guess I usually think that the player who is coming back needs to demonstrate they can still play somewhere near previous levels.

He still took over the game when the score was 20-3 and led a comeback that gave them a shot to drive for the win (at 23-20). The final drive ended in a faceplant, which is par for Alex's career, but he wasn't bad in comparison to Washington's usual performance.

Gravedigger
11-09-2020, 11:50 AM
I personally don't think you can argue against Alex Smith, now starting due to injury, but the popular choice would be Big Ben, especially the further he goes. Alex Smith should win it.

htismaqe
11-09-2020, 11:52 AM
I personally don't think you can argue against Alex Smith, now starting due to injury, but the popular choice would be Big Ben, especially the further he goes. Alex Smith should win it.

Yep.

Unless Alex combines playing with WINNING, he'll end up getting overlooked at the end of the season. It shouldn't happen but it WILL, especially if the Steelers continue to win.

wazu
11-09-2020, 11:59 AM
He still took over the game when the score was 20-3 and led a comeback that gave them a shot to drive for the win (at 23-20). The final drive ended in a faceplant, which is par for Alex's career, but he wasn't bad in comparison to Washington's usual performance.

Thanks for the context. Taking away the interceptions, he did have a 300 yard game and 75% completion percentage. If he is able to be anything close to his old self it's still possible he leads them to the playoffs.