PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Shannon Sharpe on The Raiders' Victory Lap

Tribal Warfare
11-17-2020, 01:04 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VrUMtjUWhVg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Spott
11-17-2020, 01:16 PM
Chucky can take his ginger bowl cut and suck it.

jdubya
11-17-2020, 01:22 PM
Slow news day need to whip up the fans

Shannon is a village idiot on a good day

Gruden and Reid are buddies

Coaches and players on both teams laughing at this story

Anybody butthurt over a bus driving around an empty parking lot needs to relax

htismaqe
11-17-2020, 01:24 PM

I don't think Andy and Gruden are "buddies". They have a mutual respect but Andy knows that Gruden is an ass.

As far as being butthurt, you can bet your ass the KC players are pissed off about it. It's going to show on Sunday.

TEX
11-17-2020, 01:26 PM

You're off base here. Reid made reference to it.. If it meant nothing to him, then he would not have said anything about it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
11-17-2020, 01:26 PM
I want a damn TD celebration where Tyreek is the bus driver and all 10 players on offense are sitting on the bus

jdubya
11-17-2020, 01:29 PM
It`s enjoyable to see the rivalry heating up again. This should be fun

loochy
11-17-2020, 01:30 PM
Don't like a victory lap? Then don't lose to a shit team like the Raiders.

jdubya
11-17-2020, 01:31 PM
I don't think Andy and Gruden are "buddies". They have a mutual respect but Andy knows that Gruden is an ass.

Really? I have heard multiple times over the years that they are pretty close. I`ve never heard anything different.

Shoes
11-17-2020, 01:32 PM

Brutal take, Andy Reid doesn't go out of his way in regards to the comments he made in his presser yesterday if it didn't leave the Chiefs with a bad taste in their mouths. Behind closed doors, the Chief players and staff have undoubtedly discussed the Raiders antics after their first win against Mahomes.

End of the day it's up to the Chiefs to win the game though, Andy is right when he said "they won the game, they can do whatever they want". Only one way to prevent it, gotta win on Sunday.

wazu
11-17-2020, 01:33 PM

That's pretty much what Andy said. "They won the game, they can do whatever they want."

htismaqe
11-17-2020, 01:34 PM
Really? I have heard multiple times over the years that they are pretty close. I`ve never heard anything different.

I know Andy has a lot of respect for Gruden from their time in Green Bay and Philly.

However, pretty much everybody in the league knows Gruden is a jackass. I'm sure Andy knows that too, considering how much they've worked together.

eDave
11-17-2020, 01:44 PM
I want a damn TD celebration where Tyreek is the bus driver and all 10 players on offense are sitting on the bus

LMAO

This.

RealSNR
11-17-2020, 01:47 PM

Or just... you know... piss pound them into last Tuesday when you go to their place.

Weird crap happens in the NFL and against division opponents. Hell, this past week some fans are freaking out about Carolina making it so close. Look at all the trick plays Carolina whipped out to try to land this W. Chiefs weren't expecting it. That crap happens in this league.

Raiders got some gifts and played their brains out. Cool story, Gruden. Your team still isn't better than ours. That will be apparent this Sunday and if we happen to meet in the playoffs.

htismaqe
11-17-2020, 01:48 PM
Or just... you know... piss pound them into last Tuesday when you go to their place.

Weird crap happens in the NFL and against division opponents. Hell, this past week some fans are freaking out about Carolina making it so close. Look at all the trick plays Carolina whipped out to try to land this W. Chiefs weren't expecting it. That crap happens in this league.

Raiders got some gifts and played their brains out. Cool story, Gruden. Your team still isn't better than ours. That will be apparent this Sunday and if we happen to meet in the playoffs.

:clap::clap::clap:

KChiefs1
11-17-2020, 01:57 PM

Come on man!

We need to get the rivalry going again! It's been as boring as hell kicking the living shit out of the Faid for so long...we needed to pump some life into it.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-17-2020, 01:58 PM
Destroy this shit Raider team

KChiefs1
11-17-2020, 01:58 PM

I want that so bad.

DaFace
11-17-2020, 02:04 PM
I really don't care that they did it. I just think it's kind of sad that it meant that much to them. The phrase "it's their Super Bowl" gets thrown around a lot, but it's pretty funny to see evidence that it's actually true.

PAChiefsGuy
11-17-2020, 02:07 PM

They aren't a shit team this year.

I agree w Andy Reid. Having a victory lap is a bit ridiculous. Acting like they won a playoff game or someyhing

eDave
11-17-2020, 02:08 PM
I really don't care that they did it. I just think it's kind of sad that it meant that much to them. The phrase "it's their Super Bowl" gets thrown around a lot, but it's pretty funny to see evidence that it's actually true.

I thought Skip did a good job of explaining the Raider side of it though.

Bwana
11-17-2020, 02:21 PM
Let your play do the talking and thoroughly kick their ass.

htismaqe
11-17-2020, 02:23 PM

Yep.

It's the Marcus Allen principle.

vonBobo
11-17-2020, 02:23 PM
Who the **** cares? The chiefs are champions, let the children play their bus games.

I'm not even excited for a renewed rivalry. Let them try to legitimize in some other team's wake.

backinblack
11-17-2020, 02:24 PM
this whole thing is being overblown, and both teams are taking more meaning from it than they should. So what the Raiders took a victory lap around Arrowhead, after winning there for the first time since 2012 and after beating what is the best coach-QB combination in the game right now. Could even say it was a sign of respect, even though Gruden's comment suggests otherwise.

Whatever, hype up the rivalry I guess, I can't say it doesn't make things more interesting. Just seems like a stupid thing to be worked up about either way, it's not like they tagged the visitor's locker room.

KChiefs1
11-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Actual video of the bus.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/J1ZajKJKzD0PK/giphy.gif

DJJasonp
11-17-2020, 02:29 PM
Couldnt disagree with most of what was said in the video.

Though when Skip went over stats, he left out how many points we put up that were taken off the board by the refs.

Oh well....prove it was a fluke sunday night, and put the raiders (and their moron fanbase) back in their place.

DaFace
11-17-2020, 02:30 PM
this whole thing is being overblown, and both teams are taking more meaning from it than they should.

To be fair, neither coach brought this up on their own. They were responding to reporters' questions directly about it. I don't really think Andy gives a shit.

backinblack
11-17-2020, 02:31 PM
on the flip side of this "firing up" the Chiefs players, I would hope that it's likewise firing up the Raiders too. Prove something.

TLO
11-17-2020, 02:37 PM
"On Sunday we'll take a victory lap on their mama's ASS!" /carcosa probably

D.A.P.
11-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Al Davis was right. Just win, baby!

Wallcrawler
11-17-2020, 02:59 PM
I dont expect the Chiefs will do a lap around the Raiders stadium. I mean who would celebrate by emulating circling a toilet bowl?

We got 3 touchdowns pulled off the board by penalty, and Spagnuolo was apparently the only guy in the building that didnt know how fast Henry Ruggs ran at the combine and thought Ward singled up with no over the top help was the best path to stopping their offense, resulting in a free TD.

28 points worth of bad football on four plays. Its not going to happen again.

loochy
11-17-2020, 03:06 PM
I mean who would celebrate by emulating circling a toilet bowl?

The Browns....my Brown circles a toilet bowl every morning.

jallmon
11-17-2020, 03:34 PM

They broke into pro coaching together at GB under Holmgren. I remember an interview with Gruden talking about Andy. I'll try to find it...

BigRedChief
11-17-2020, 03:36 PM

As far as being butthurt, you can bet your ass the KC players are pissed off about it. It's going to show on Sunday.

No shit. Players in every sport manufacture disses out of nothing all the time. Doing a victory lap around your stadium after beating the Chiefs ain’t going to go over well in the locker room. That’s way more “diss” than the usual BS they come up with as a diss.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2020, 05:01 PM
Gruden was quoted before the first game this year as saying " I love Andy Reid. But I HATE the Chiefs."

I'd say away from the field theyre on good terms but on gameday its a go **** yourself with a flaming AIDS bomb kind of deal. As it should be.

Tribal Warfare
11-17-2020, 06:05 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">We&#39;ll let our play do the talking. <a href="https://t.co/yb5wVqnVVR">pic.twitter.com/yb5wVqnVVR</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1328842538212597762?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mdstu
11-17-2020, 06:12 PM
I'd have alot more respect for Gruden if he just owned it. Should have just said, "Yeah, we took a lap. It's been a long time coming. It's Chiefs/Raiders, what do you expect?"

Side note: I'm flying into Vegas next weekend, then driving down to Flagstaf to pick my daughter up from school. I'll be out on the strip after the game. Just in case they decide to drive up the strip in celebration. Assuming they win, which I do.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-17-2020, 06:26 PM
There is a strong incentive by the league for the Raiders to win. Let's see how many big plays are taken away from KC and how many third down penalties extend Faid drives again. Anyone know what ref crew has the game?

wazu
11-17-2020, 07:34 PM
I'd have alot more respect for Gruden if he just owned it. Should have just said, "Yeah, we took a lap. It's been a long time coming. It's Chiefs/Raiders, what do you expect?"

Side note: I'm flying into Vegas next weekend, then driving down to Flagstaf to pick my daughter up from school. I'll be out on the strip after the game. Just in case they decide to drive up the strip in celebration. Assuming they win, which I do.

No he's gotta throw the bus driver under the bus and possibly get the guy fired instead. Class act.

Wallcrawler
11-17-2020, 08:08 PM
As long as its not Carl Cheffers crew we should be good.

Eureka
11-17-2020, 08:22 PM
There is a strong incentive by the league for the Raiders to win. Let's see how many big plays are taken away from KC and how many third down penalties extend Faid drives again. Anyone know what ref crew has the game?

The Raiders are pretty good on third down without the refs help.

htismaqe
11-17-2020, 09:28 PM
As long as its not Carl Cheffers crew we should be good.

You're forgetting Clete the Cheat.

WhiteWhale
11-18-2020, 02:14 AM
I'm glad they did it.

Tug on superman's cape. See where that gets you.

Easy Street
11-18-2020, 04:39 AM

Queuing up the excuses already i see? Dont mind me while I que up something else....My fucking broom.

BlackOp
11-18-2020, 05:09 AM
Queuing up the excuses already i see? Dont mind me while I que up something else....My ****ing broom.

Do you possess eyeballs?

Carr is an average QB...Mahomes is teetering in the "best of all time" conversation...he's already the fastest to 100 TD in NFL history, SB champ. SB MVP, League MVP...

Carr is a pussy...you know this...your fans know this...I've read your forums over the past few years. They call him "Carrbage'...

You would be happy for Carr just to be acknowledged as somewhat adequate...and win an actual big game without the refs holding his hand.

But wait...winter is coming...do I need to remind how awful he is in cold weather?

Chances are you will travel to Pittsburgh for round one....

Save your broom for actual sweeping while KC continues on in the post-season...and the NFL forgets about Vegas next year...to promote Herbert.

Your team isn't special in any category...except the amazing ability to not get a single holding penalty in 3 straight weeks...essentially, the league it trying to keep your team relevant among a bevy of 6-3 teams....none of which have a new city/stadium to sell... and convince the locals they have a "winner".

They had a -11 net point differential heading into the Denver game...which says you were lucky to even have a winning record.

Here is a fun factoid....Raiders got smoked by 25 points this year to Tampa. KC was 2-13 the last time Chiefs saw a beatdown like that... 8 years ago...before Reid. They were the worst team in the NFL that season...

Easy Street
11-18-2020, 08:15 AM
Do you possess eyeballs?

Carr is an average QB...Mahomes is teetering in the "best of all time" conversation...he's already the fastest to 100 TD in NFL history, SB champ. SB MVP, League MVP...

Carr is a pussy...you know this...your fans know this...I've read your forums over the past few years. They call him "Carrbage'...

You would be happy for Carr just to be acknowledged as somewhat adequate...and win an actual big game without the refs holding his hand.

But wait...winter is coming...do I need to remind how awful he is in cold weather?

Chances are you will travel to Pittsburgh for round one....

Save your broom for actual sweeping while KC continues on in the post-season...and the NFL forgets about Vegas next year...to promote Herbert.

Your team isn't special in any category...except the amazing ability to not get a single holding penalty in 3 straight weeks...essentially, the league it trying to keep your team relevant among a bevy of 6-3 teams....none of which have a new city/stadium to sell... and convince the locals they have a "winner".

They had a -11 net point differential heading into the Denver game...which says you were lucky to even have a winning record.

Here is a fun factoid....Raiders got smoked by 25 points this year to Tampa. KC was 2-13 the last time Chiefs saw a beatdown like that... 8 years ago...before Reid. They were the worst team in the NFL that season...

Soneone is angry. Did you at least convince yourself with all that rambling?

Your fan bae could use a little humility.

Broom. Queued.

KChiefs1
11-18-2020, 08:22 AM
Who are the refs for the game?

wazu
11-18-2020, 08:27 AM
Who are the refs for the game?

Cheffers

Meatloaf
11-18-2020, 08:47 AM
I think this whole thing is great! What better way to rekindle a long lost rivalry than for the "bad" guys to do something "bad" to raise the hackles on the good guys?!?!?!?

Kinda reminds me of K-State fans tossing chickens on the bball court when playing the Jayhawks. Call me juvenile, but I love seeing this stuff. It's mischievous, but not harmful. It's fun without being reckless. And, it truly is the stuff that persists beyond the game.

Did you see the twinkle in Gruden's eyes when discussing it? He knows exactly what he's doing with this "indiscretion"....enjoying every last bit of it.

Of course like all good Chiefs fans, I despise all things Raiders, but darn if I don't love seeing teams/fans engage in these lighthearted displays of utter disdain of the opposition.

Let's punk their sweet asses on Sunday, then do wheelies on The Strip in celebration! Go Chiefs!!!

Simply Red
11-18-2020, 08:52 AM

Sharpe is definitely not an idiot - He knows more about the game than you could muster in 3 lifetimes. Don't be dumb.

Hailchief
11-18-2020, 09:35 AM
I'm excited about this

Easy Street
11-18-2020, 09:35 AM
I think this whole thing is great! What better way to rekindle a long lost rivalry than for the "bad" guys to do something "bad" to raise the hackles on the good guys?!?!?!?

Kinda reminds me of K-State fans tossing chickens on the bball court when playing the Jayhawks. Call me juvenile, but I love seeing this stuff. It's mischievous, but not harmful. It's fun without being reckless. And, it truly is the stuff that persists beyond the game.

Did you see the twinkle in Gruden's eyes when discussing it? He knows exactly what he's doing with this "indiscretion"....enjoying every last bit of it.

Of course like all good Chiefs fans, I despise all things Raiders, but darn if I don't love seeing teams/fans engage in these lighthearted displays of utter disdain of the opposition.

Let's punk their sweet asses on Sunday, then do wheelies on The Strip in celebration! Go Chiefs!!!

Thats what I'm talking about. :thumb:

jdubya
11-18-2020, 10:40 AM
Sharpe is definitely not an idiot - He knows more about the game than you could muster in 3 lifetimes. Don't be dumb.

So in your opinion you don’t agree with my opinion. Got it. Chin up

TomBarndtsTwin
11-18-2020, 10:51 AM
Queuing up the excuses already i see? Dont mind me while I que up something else....My ****ing broom.

Might want to shove that broom straight up your ass.

That's what the Chiefs play on doing to the Fade come Sunday . . . . .

Chiefshrink
11-18-2020, 11:05 AM
I've always said divisional games are different birds because they know each other so well regardless of each other's record. Couple that with very few fans in the stands which now puts the visiting team on equal ground psychologically as well as not having to use the "silent count". Games are now much less predictable and more vulnerable for upsets. Keeping the players from unconsciously looking at these games like glorified scrimmages is a challenge for sure.

JakeF
11-18-2020, 03:38 PM
Really? I have heard multiple times over the years that they are pretty close. I`ve never heard anything different.Dorsey and Reid were supposed to be friend too and Reid kicked his ass out the door and handed his job to his favorite intern.

wazu
11-18-2020, 03:43 PM
Best part of this video is Skip's comments about covering Gruden when he was in his first coaching stint with Oakland. Talking about what an ego he had even then. That when Al Davis came on the field and tried to get involved with football operations Gruden would cuss him out in front of players and coaches. Pretty interesting stuff.

ptlyon
11-18-2020, 03:52 PM
Best part of this video is Skip's comments about covering Gruden when he was in his first coaching stint with Oakland. Talking about what an ego he had even then. That when Al Davis came on the field and tried to get involved with football operations Gruden would cuss him out in front of players and coaches. Pretty interesting stuff.

That's pretty cool tho

Wallcrawler
11-18-2020, 06:25 PM

Yes, we hear all the time how many years mushmouth played. Its his go to schtick.

Thkiuup, I played thith game fo foteen yearth. I alwayth thaid, " Coath, you can coath me hard. You can coath me in front of the team, all I athk ith dat you don't curth me."

I played thith game foteen yearth. Thkiup. Thkiup Bayleth, you covered the game, I played the game.

displacedinMN
11-18-2020, 08:56 PM
Headline is false.

It should be Thannon Tharpe