PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink In n Out burger opens in Colorado. Sparking fights and 14 hour waits

Deberg_1990
11-21-2020, 07:50 PM
:facepalm:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8972231/amp/In-N-Burger-chain-opens-two-Colorado-outlets-leading-fights-epic-14-hour-lines.html

Colorado residents waited up to 14 hours to get their hands on In-N-Out burgers and fries after the California chain opened two locations in the state Friday.

The line - and resulting traffic - got so out of hand that the Aurora Police Department took to Twitter to beg people to support other local eateries and hit the In-N-Out Burger another day.

Those who stayed in line, however, were treated to at least one dustup, in which two would-be In-N-Out customers exited their cars and got into a fistfight during the wait.

At the In-N-Out location in Aurora, Colorado, the line of people waiting to get inside wrapped around the mall by 8.15am, hours before the restaurant opened.

Two and a half hours later, police reported that the line was already causing traffic delays in the area.

'It’s official, traffic is double double animal style right now all around the mall,' the Aurora Police Department tweeted at 10.40pm.

'We are on hand helping manage the massive traffic response. Be patient and be kind. Maybe support another local eatery today and In-n-Out another day if traffic is too hectic for you.'

A few minutes later, police tweeted: 'Speaking of local Aurora eateries who need business, let’s make some suggestions for everyone! Who is your go-to hometown Aurora eatery? Let’s help give some alternate ideas for lunch today for those who decide to bail on the long lines!'

CasselGotPeedOn
11-21-2020, 07:53 PM
Who the fuck would wait 14 hours for that overrated shit?

Frazod
11-21-2020, 07:57 PM
Bronco fans..... :shake:

loochy
11-21-2020, 07:57 PM
I don't get it. I was excited when they moved in here...then I ate a burger, which was really no different than any other fast food burger. The fries were actually bad (and it takes a lot for me to call a food bad).

Spott
11-21-2020, 07:58 PM
Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

Hamwallet
11-21-2020, 07:58 PM
People who voted for Biden.

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2020, 08:00 PM
I don't get it. I was excited when they moved in here...then I ate a burger, which was really no different than any other fast food burger. The fries were actually bad (and it takes a lot for me to call a food bad).

It's garbage, IMO. I'll never understand why people flip over it.

The patties are thin, the buns are usually stale, their "fries" are greasy and undercooked and they do not offer mayo.

Deberg_1990
11-21-2020, 08:00 PM

Pretty much how I feel. Their burger are ok. Their fries are blah.

I wouldn’t wait 14 hours for any food.

IowaHawkeyeChief
11-21-2020, 08:01 PM
Who the **** would wait 14 hours for that overrated shit?

makes perfect sense... Weed is legal=munchies

Frazod
11-21-2020, 08:02 PM
It's garbage, IMO. I'll never understand why people flip over it.

The patties are thin, the buns are usually stale, their "fries" are greasy and undercooked and they do not offer mayo.

The restaurant scene from Whole Nine Yards just popped into my head. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2020, 08:03 PM
The restaurant scene from Whole Nine Yards just popped into my head. LMAO

LMAO

Jewish Rabbi
11-21-2020, 08:05 PM
I always get it the once per year I go to Vegas. Good for a cheap lunch on the strip and I enjoy it. Might be different if it was available to me all the time, tho. And like hell I’m waiting in line 14 hours for anything.

cosmo20002
11-21-2020, 08:05 PM
or, even if it was good. 14 hours?

PurpleJesus28
11-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Shut the **** up, Donnie.

It's a league game,Dude.

PurpleJesus28
11-21-2020, 08:08 PM
I can remember when Jack In The Box reopened around here,people were waiting in long lines.Good times.

Spott
11-21-2020, 08:13 PM
I always get it the once per year I go to Vegas. Good for a cheap lunch on the strip and I enjoy it. Might be different if it was available to me all the time, tho. And like hell I’m waiting in line 14 hours for anything.

I went to one in Vegas after hearing about how great it was supposed to be only to find out there was nothing special about it. It was about the same quality as you’d expect at any school cafeteria.

loochy
11-21-2020, 08:13 PM

My parents stand in line for a couple of hours each veterans day so they can get free golden corral. ROFL I think they are nuts. I guess retirees really have nothing better to do...

Deberg_1990
11-21-2020, 08:15 PM

Regional ‘cult burger’ places better than In n Out:

Whataburger and shake Shack.

But opinions vary.....

Frazod
11-21-2020, 08:17 PM
I remember 30+ years ago when the first Popeye's opened in North Chicago near the Great Lakes Naval Base - the line for the drive through went two or three blocks down the street. I thought that was nuts, and that wait would have probably only been an hour or so.

Popeye's is awesome, but it's not that awesome.

BWillie
11-21-2020, 08:36 PM
Whataburger even if it's greasy as shit > In and Out

eDave
11-21-2020, 08:37 PM
It was great back in the early days. Last one I had was too salty to finish.

Randallflagg
11-21-2020, 09:10 PM

I've eaten at that place in San Diego - waste of time. Give me 5 guys any day. :thumb:

Halfcan
11-21-2020, 09:13 PM
This shows how irrational people are. They were fist-fighting over toilet paper not long ago.

Rain Man
11-21-2020, 09:20 PM
I wonder if they had to change the name.

We have a great local place that we hit up regularly, and we just pick it up.

lewdog
11-21-2020, 09:22 PM
Their fries are literally the worst I’ve ever had. Terrible.

loochy
11-21-2020, 09:31 PM
Their fries are literally the worst I’ve ever had. Terrible.

Yeah, it's like they're cooked in oil that's not hot enough for too short of a time, and to top it all off they aren't salty. They're like semi-raw, non salty potato strips.

CasselGotPeedOn
11-21-2020, 09:45 PM
I had Smashburger the other day for the first time, and it shits all over In n Out.

lewdog
11-21-2020, 09:48 PM
I had Smashburger the other day for the first time, and it shits all over In n Out.

Yes. This.

Bob Dole
11-21-2020, 09:49 PM
Yeah, it's like they're cooked in oil that's not hot enough for too short of a time, and to top it all off they aren't salty. They're like semi-raw, non salty potato strips.

But you get to watch them cut them.

Jewish Rabbi
11-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Yes. This.

Lew would you eat animal style fries if it meant Billay would gargle your cum that night?

lewdog
11-21-2020, 09:56 PM
Lew would you eat animal style fries if it meant Billay would gargle your cum that night?

Jesus Christ you guys are gay as fuck.

loochy
11-21-2020, 10:00 PM
Jesus Christ you guys are gay as fuck.

Right, but you didn't answer the question.

Quit deflecting.

displacedinMN
11-21-2020, 10:08 PM
I like in and out. 5 guys.
Never had whataburger.

Truthfully-no burger is as good as the ones dad raised and finished and processed by the locker in Yetter Iowa.

staylor26
11-21-2020, 10:08 PM
Shake Shack >>>

Why Not?
11-21-2020, 10:15 PM

The only difference between what my post was going to say and what yours does say, is I eat it for a late night dinner in Vegas for my 1x per year. Otherwise, 100% to everything you posted

tredadda
11-21-2020, 10:20 PM
Its just as ridiculous at the one that just opened here in Colorado Springs. I can't imagine any place being so good people would wait that long to get one.

displacedinMN
11-21-2020, 10:27 PM
When Krispy Kreme opened here, the wait was an hour and a half. They are all closed now. Thanks recession and Atkins

Frazod
11-21-2020, 10:56 PM
When Krispy Kreme opened here, the wait was an hour and a half. They are all closed now. Thanks recession and Atkins

Yeah, we got one up here maybe 10 years ago. It was closed within two years. It blew Dunkin Donuts out of the water. I don't understand how it couldn't survive but none of them have closed.

Simply Red
11-21-2020, 11:12 PM
Irresponsibly overrated.

stevieray
11-21-2020, 11:19 PM
14 hours?

LMAO

lazy asses make your own damn burger.

srvy
11-21-2020, 11:26 PM

God I hate their donuts. I don't know how it's possible to make sugar sweeter but they succeed.

GloryDayz
11-21-2020, 11:39 PM
Who the fuck would wait 14 hours for that overrated shit?Stoners.

BigRedChief
11-21-2020, 11:43 PM
Obligatory...... same thing happens when what a burger comes to KC.

ClevelandBronco
11-21-2020, 11:46 PM
Who the fuck would wait 14 hours for that overrated shit?

Thousands of worthless former Californians who have recently become our most hated Coloradans.

WhawhaWhat
11-21-2020, 11:53 PM
Obligatory...... same thing happens when what a burger comes to KC.

People went crazy for Jack in the Box when it came to KC. F'n Jack in the Box.

Rain Man
11-22-2020, 12:11 AM

Last week I went to the office and went out for lunch On my way back to the office, there's a Krispy Kreme shop, and on a lark I thought, "Hey, a doughnut sounds really good right now."

So I went in, all masked and ready to blitz in, grab a doughnut, and blitz back out.

Nope. There's some corpulent couple there picking out doughnuts, and it was as if they were buying a car or something. They were stalking in front of the doughnut case, looking, murmuring to each other, pointing, and I knew it was going to be a while. They pondered, discussed, debated, and mused.

Eventually the man stabbed a finger at a part of the case. "We'll take one of those chocolate iced doughnuts," he said.

The woman behind the counter grabbed a doughnut with the tongs, and I suddenly noticed that she was holding a box, and it wasn't very full.

"Okay, six more," she said.

Nope. At their pace it was going to take them 20 minutes to pick six doughnuts, so I bailed and am slightly slimmer today as a result.

htismaqe
11-22-2020, 12:55 AM
Yeah, we got one up here maybe 10 years ago. It was closed within two years. It blew Dunkin Donuts out of the water. I don't understand how it couldn't survive but none of them have closed.

Dunkin sells a lot more coffee and other stuff. Donuts are like their 3rd item now.

listopencil
11-22-2020, 01:02 AM
Damn. That's nuts. I used to go to In-N-Out about once every couple of weeks. This was a place with a Krispy Kreme on the opposite side of the parking lot and they were right off the freeway. But the lines just got longer and longer and longer so I stopped going. I think it has been seven years since the last time I went. It was pretty good way back then but you do have to put something on those fries to eat them.

srvy
11-22-2020, 01:07 AM
People went crazy for Jack in the Box when it came to KC. F'n Jack in the Box.

I remember when Jack in the Box came to KC in the early 70s. I like their Tacos they tasted like that mini patio taco you heat in the oven in an aluminum tray. They were the first I know of to offer a drive-through. It was a speaker and microphone inside a fiberglass clown head. The thing was always beat and battered from late-night abuse. When I worked the night shift as a kid at worlds of fun id get tacos for my lunch on my way through Claycomo. The beef meat looked like pate'. It was delicious, wonder if it's still the same.

srvy
11-22-2020, 01:11 AM
Dunkin sells a lot more coffee and other stuff. Donuts are like their 3rd item now.

I have noticed that as they came back to KC about 5 years ago. As franchises go Winchells was always better, wish they would come back.

suzzer99
11-22-2020, 01:11 AM

The fries are terrible. The burgers are pretty good but not worth waiting more than 5 minutes for imo.

I go to Wendy's - which isn't a cool destination so there's no wait - and I actually like the burgers better than In-n-Out anyway.

I also like Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich better than Chik-Fil-A - the other place that always has a crazy line.

TimeForWasp
11-22-2020, 01:25 AM
Fake news. There may have been a line for 14 hours, but nobody waited for 14 hours.

lcarus
11-22-2020, 01:25 AM
I've never had In N Out but Five Guys is pretty damn good.

srvy
11-22-2020, 01:37 AM
Its something about California and the west coast vibe that draws people to it. The burger itself is ok the ingredients seem pretty fresh those fries are awful. When we started the preliminary pipeline feasibility survey it began in California. The crew was excited and so was I to try In N Out. The younger guys liked I kept telling them you can get a better burger every day at Town Topic, Hayes or LC's in Platte wood back home. I think it's mainly California hype from the old days of the Drive-in burger joints and car culture.

Megatron96
11-22-2020, 02:05 AM
I like In-N-Out Burger.

Don't get me wrong, it's not the greatest burger ever, or even the greatest fast food burger, for that matter.

But it's better than McDonald's or Carl's Jr. by a long shot.

But yeah, getting into a 14 hour line for In-N-Out Burger? Not on my life. And who gets into a fist fight over fast food?

SuperBowl4
11-22-2020, 02:48 AM
IN N OUT bURGEr 14 hours waiting for a bURGEr? =- http://youtu.be/a1BS7XnEZqc

DanT
11-22-2020, 03:08 AM
In-N-Out burgers are good, but they aren't worth a longer than usual wait. It already takes a few minutes to get your order, because they are made fresh, so I wouldn't want to wait more than a few minutes in line to place my order. As others have said, the fries are not great. One nice thing is that the employees there are paid and treated well, and that is evident in how they treat customers. It's a pleasant place to go. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/01/25/n-out-mangers-make-160-000-per-year-reports-show/1065434001/

InChiefsHeaven
11-22-2020, 07:00 AM
I've eaten at that place in San Diego - waste of time. Give me 5 guys any day. :thumb:

When my son graduated from Marine Corps boot a few years back, he insisted that we go to the In and Out burger because you can see it from the base and it was like torture for 13 weeks for him to see it and not be able to eat it. So...we went there as soon as we could after the graduation. It was packed, but I assume that was because of the Marines graduating. It was NOT good. I mean, it was...passable I guess. But shit, you get the same quality at McDonalds, and at McDonalds the fries are actually good.

I think this place just somehow got on a hype train that people just cling to for some unknown reason. It's mediocre at best.

mikeyis4dcats.
11-22-2020, 07:03 AM
Tried it on Oakland once. Tested like fresh made Sonic to me. Meh.

GloryDayz
11-22-2020, 07:55 AM
14 hours?

LMAO

lazy asses make your own damn burger.

This.

It reminds me of the fools who waited ridiculous amounts of time at Hawaiian Bros when it first opened here in Lee's Summit. Once they hype wore down we gave it a shot and were super happy we never waited in any line for their food. Yeah it's food, but it's nothing special.

notorious
11-22-2020, 08:01 AM
It’s a decent place to hit when midway through a Vegas bender.

njchiefs
11-22-2020, 08:12 AM
Happening in NJ with Chick-fil-A. I could see maybe waiting a bit for a sack o’ rats (White Castle). That’s about it.

Frazod
11-22-2020, 08:13 AM
Tried it on Oakland once. Tested like fresh made Sonic to me. Meh.

Sonic burgers are vile. Never had an issue with them until the day I took one home instead of eating it there. Over the course of the following 15 minutes, the burger cooled and the grease started to congeal. It was so nasty I couldn't even finish it.

And once you've tasted that, you can't untaste it, and notice it even when you eat one at the drive-in. I'll still go there occasionally, as the wife really likes their cherry limeaid, but I stick to the corndogs now.

notorious
11-22-2020, 08:18 AM
If they Springs opens a Hash House a Go-Go I’m in.

displacedinMN
11-22-2020, 08:19 AM
I have noticed that as they came back to KC about 5 years ago. As franchises go Winchells was always better, wish they would come back.

Loved Winchells.

We have Dunkins here, in my suburb. Does a lot of business.

Local doughnut shops are better.

hometeam
11-22-2020, 08:20 AM
Was in Aurora in August, they have some killer local burger joints, cant imagine in and out burger is better.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/82485039c33cb6c1ee64c944c96b7847/tenor.gif?itemid=16732732

Frazod
11-22-2020, 08:27 AM
A new Wahlburgers opened up in St. Charles, Illinois, not far from where I live. It was a madhouse to get into when it first opened over the summer; not only was it new, but Donnie Wahlberg actually lives in St. Charles, and if he's not shooting Blue Bloods or doing other things that take him out of the area, he apparently spends a good amount of time there.

We finally ate there about a month ago. The burgers are a little on the small side diameter wise, but thick and quite tasty.

displacedinMN
11-22-2020, 08:27 AM
In and Out is nostalgia/california/car culture/classic drive in/etc. as mentioned before.That was a good comment.

I am surprised they have expanded as much as they have. I did not think that was part of their business plan. I hope they stop expansion. One of those 'get it only when I go there' places. Krispy Kreme used to be that too. They expanded too fast and at the wrong time.

There is a guy from MPLS that drives to Des Moines once or twice a week to get KK and bring it back. You have to pay a lot. KK sued him, then caved. I would suspect they are not as good after a 4 hour car ride in van.

In and out has the best T-shirts. I have about 10. Good quality. My style. White. Nothing much on the front so it does not look like a stretched out ad over my Mt. Dew belly and a large pic on the back.

KCUnited
11-22-2020, 08:33 AM
Have a delivery hub open up 2 miles away from me. Pretty smart concept. Group of restaurants set up in an unused industrial space specifically for delivery. Not full menus, but core items cooked onsite. Lines of Grubhub, Uber Eats, etc. drivers churning out of there.

Chick fil a is one of them. Not my favorite chicken sandwich by any means, but kind of nice to have a hot chicken sandwich delivered to my door in 15 minutes. They have a surprisingly good mac n cheese as well.

Molitoth
11-22-2020, 08:46 AM
Most Over-rated thing on earth.

I went to one in San Diego, and it cost me $40 uber/lyft and an hour wait to get what was a Jack in the Box burger with even worse fries.

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/5e5040cbbbe71f66943784d61bd90e8a/tenor.gif?itemid=3871910

This is what happens when you [find] a man in the Aaaal, . . . Rockies?

loochy
11-22-2020, 09:07 AM
There is a guy from MPLS that drives to Des Moines once or twice a week to get KK and bring it back. You have to pay a lot. KK sued him, then caved. I would suspect they are not as good after a 4 hour car ride in van.

Now what? KK sued him for buying their donuts?

TinyEvel
11-22-2020, 09:17 AM
Shake Shack came to California and it changed everything for me. A bit expressive tho. In n out is still pretty cheap and consistent af.

Bwana
11-22-2020, 09:17 AM
:doh!:
Waiting 14 hours to eat a burger?

https://media.tenor.com/images/e3421e282465378a82920a55d5923f54/tenor.gif

displacedinMN
11-22-2020, 09:31 AM
Now what? KK sued him for buying their donuts?

gave him a cease and desist order for reselling their product for a profit

then caved

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2019/11/04/krispy-kreme-donuts-company-orders-student-halt-doughnut-resales/4161567002/

loochy
11-22-2020, 09:38 AM
gave him a cease and desist order for reselling their product for a profit

then caved

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/money/business/2019/11/04/krispy-kreme-donuts-company-orders-student-halt-doughnut-resales/4161567002/

That's dumb and it's very wrong that they did that.

It's also dumb that people would pay for marked up donuts.

In summation, everyone and everything is dumb.

Randallflagg
11-22-2020, 09:50 AM
Stoners.

ROFL

I have a friend who owns a "fat shack" in Fort Collins. Why, I do not know...anyway, he told me the only "clientele" he has on a regular basis are stoners from the nearby College....they keep him rolling dough though....

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2020, 09:52 AM
Wow no mention of freddys steakburgers?! I’ll drive 5 hours for those burgers.

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 09:52 AM
That's dumb and it's very wrong that they did that.

It's also dumb that people would pay for marked up donuts.

In summation, everyone and everything is dumb.

For a while until Trader Joe's expanded, there were numerous trucks that would load up where there was a store, then travel to somewhere there wasn't.

Actually ended up showing Trader Joes where to expand next.

notorious
11-22-2020, 09:55 AM

We've actually got a couple Freddys around here.

They had a Hatch chile burger last month that was fantastic. Their regular burgers are certainly on the better side of the fast food spectrum.

crayzkirk
11-22-2020, 09:57 AM
I don't get it; how hard is it to fire up the grill and make your own burger? Heck, cut your own fries and get out the old deep fryer and make them like you want them. Or go totally nuts and make onion rings.

Can't remember the last time I had a burger out. Okay, Flea Market during the 2014/2015 Royals World Series season. Pretty good burger however the fries have suffered over the years.

scho63
11-22-2020, 09:58 AM
Overrated burger and WORSE fries of any chain.

We had a similar situation when the World's largest White Castle opened in Scottsdale. It was chaos there the first 45-60 days.

They had people waiting for up to 6 hours for that crap. No fights.

They had to place limits on what people ordered as they ran out of food the first 10-12 days.

CoMoChief
11-22-2020, 09:59 AM
The most I'd wait for In and Out is 30min. I can find something to do on my phone in that time.

I remember when Jack in the Box opened in Blue Springs about 10yrs ago, and they had cars backed up all the way down 7hwy both ways, cops had to direct traffic, cones etc....it was like this for about a month or 2.

FTR....I really wish White Castle would come back to KC area. I remember there being a White Castle in Blue Springs when I was a kid, where the current Clancy's bar is now on south outer road right off of I70 exit.

When I lived in Columbia MO, my friends and I would make stoner trips to Warrenton to get Crave Cases and drive back. Smoke on the way up, eat on the way back...all in about 1.5hrs. Great times. When I moved away, a White Castle popped up in Columbia just a couple months after I left :mad:

Now anytime I have to work in CoMo, or STL...I always stop to get a crave case...They're stil good if microwaved if stored in the fridge...can't really say that about any other FF burger.

And if we're talking southern/southwestern FF chains.....Portillo's is really good as well. Wish KC had one of those. Love Whataburger's spicy ketchup and fries...but their burgers are no different than Sonic.

notorious
11-22-2020, 10:00 AM
Overrated burger and WORSE fries of any chain.

We had a similar situation when the World's largest White Castle opened in Scottsdale. It was chaos there the first 45-60 days.

They had people waiting for up to 6 hours for that crap. No fights.

They had to place limits on what people ordered as they ran out of food the first 10-12 days.

We had White Castle in Vegas in January.

It was one of those "It's okay, why do people get so pumped over this, though" meals.

Randallflagg
11-22-2020, 10:03 AM

They had a Hatch chile burger last month that was fantastic. Their regular burgers are certainly on the better side of the fast food spectrum.

Yep! I like Freddy's as well! Shoot, there are enough good burger joints that there are plenty to choose from. I will say this, however. My Son dragged me and the old lady to a "Wahlburger" - you know those damned brothers place. Sucked....and sucked BIG TIME.

CoMoChief
11-22-2020, 10:04 AM
We had White Castle in Vegas in January.

It was one of those "It's okay, why do people get so pumped over this, though" meals.

Great stoner/drunk late night greasy munchie food.

Randallflagg
11-22-2020, 10:07 AM
Great stoner/drunk late night greasy munchie food.

Shoot, I went to High School in the South. White Castle was the best place in the world for a Friday Drunk Night.....Jesus, what a drunk. We used to eat them by the pound back then, then pay a dime to hit the rest room to puke....

Damn teenagers are stupid....... :thumb:

Funny thing though...at 74 - I still love them.. :shrug:

Bowser
11-22-2020, 10:10 AM
It’s a decent place to hit when midway through a Vegas bender.This, absolutely this. They were smart to put one in next to Carnival Court in Vegas.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/82485039c33cb6c1ee64c944c96b7847/tenor.gif?itemid=16732732

Love, love that line. So appropriate in so many situations.

I feel like this is the result of a completely fucked up 2020 and people just blowing up and blowing off steam. 14 hours? Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea to wait that long for fast food? I wouldn't wait that long for a Ruth Chris steak!

cabletech94
11-22-2020, 10:36 AM

Not a fan of freddys burgers personally. Too thin a patty (says this fat fuck) but wife and kid love it. But my real beef ( get it? ) is their fries. It’s like potato straws. I can’t explain it, I just don’t care for those. But to each their own.

Now I’m craving a big thick burger!!! Basterds!

notorious
11-22-2020, 10:41 AM
Not a fan of freddys burgers personally. Too thin a patty (says this fat ****) but wife and kid love it. But my real beef ( get it? ) is their fries. It’s like potato straws. I can’t explain it, I just don’t care for those. But to each their own.

Now I’m craving a big thick burger!!! Basterds!

Freddys goes for the more surface area=more browned surface/flavor angle.

Have them add extra patties. Enjoy.

cabletech94
11-22-2020, 10:47 AM

That’s what it is!! Thanks for the tip, will inevitably try. Btw, their fry sauce is very good, had never had anything like that before.

notorious
11-22-2020, 10:48 AM
That’s what it is!! Thanks for the tip, will inevitably try. Btw, their fry sauce is very good, had never had anything like that before.

It is very good.

Substitute cheese curds or fried pickles instead of fries. They are way better.

cabletech94
11-22-2020, 11:02 AM
It is very good.

Substitute cheese curds or fried pickles instead of fries. They are way better.

#mindblown.

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 11:06 AM

It's called Smashburger and a lot of places do it. Get as much meat surface in contact with grill surface as possible.

Cooks quick, provides flavor.

It's not the only way to do a burger, but it's popular, especially when trying to upscale fast food because it tastes upscale and cooks fast.

listopencil
11-22-2020, 11:22 AM
Oh I forgot about this; 10+ years ago it was a really popular thing for kids to do to get their bumper stickers and cut off the B and RS in burgers. Saw a few shirts with the letters blacked out too.

srvy
11-22-2020, 12:24 PM

Yep and I like the shoestring fries at Freddie's.

listopencil
11-22-2020, 01:04 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpIUehdpiLATSWWMu3Hq_J2yAPkA-Ka9aV6Q&usqp=CAU

Here's an older version.

jerryaldini
11-22-2020, 01:10 PM
Smashburger, Freddys, Whataburger all better burger chains. Then again this week people will be lined up outside Wally World to buy gawd knows what.

suzzer99
11-22-2020, 01:14 PM
Smashburger, Freddys, Whataburger all better burger chains. Then again this week people will be lined up outside Wally World to buy gawd knows what.

There's a new smashburger by me I haven't tried yet. I'll have to check it out.

suzzer99
11-22-2020, 01:16 PM
In-n-Out 100x100 (http://supersizedmeals.com/food/article.php/20060125050438458)

https://i.imgur.com/X340yke.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/p91Ec5J.jpg

If you ever want to cure an In-n-Out habit - just do this.

notorious
11-22-2020, 01:19 PM
https://i.gifer.com/DnLD.gif

srvy
11-22-2020, 01:45 PM

Yep

MahiMike
11-22-2020, 03:06 PM
Oh yeah, pot is legal there. Adds up.

stevieray
11-22-2020, 03:29 PM
Yep and I like the shoestring fries at Freddie's.

I've got Freddie's Fry Sauce in my fridge.

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 03:38 PM

Mayo, ketchup, pickle juice and season salt.

I prefer Red Robin's Campfire sauce, Mayo, sweet/smoky BBQ, paprika.

Rain Man
11-22-2020, 03:54 PM

i don't eat at burger chains very often (other than a now-closed McDonalds near my office out of convenience), but I'd go to California a couple of times a year in the past and found Five Guys hard to beat.

alpha_omega
11-22-2020, 04:02 PM

And the seasoning is good right on the burger. (Your own burger).

jerryaldini
11-22-2020, 04:07 PM
i don't eat at burger chains very often (other than a now-closed McDonalds near my office out of convenience), but I'd go to California a couple of times a year in the past and found Five Guys hard to beat.

Forgot about 5 guys, have them here, agreed they are eccellent!

gblowfish
11-22-2020, 04:10 PM
No hamburger is worth a 14 hour wait. Unless its served naked by Jennifer Anniston....

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 04:12 PM
When it comes to fast/fast casual setting themselves apart, the best flavors out there at the moment are the bacon and pub cheese with pretzel bun at Wendy's, the Original Thickburger at Hardee's, and Culver's with Bleu Cheese crumbles.

Rain Man
11-22-2020, 04:20 PM
Forgot about 5 guys, have them here, agreed they are eccellent!

That prompted me to look at how close one is to me. I've eaten at one in the Denver 'burbs when I was out on business, but too far to consider as a destination. But apparently there's one now that's only an 11 minute drive away in the city. That's tempting.

Rain Man
11-22-2020, 04:21 PM
When it comes to fast/fast casual setting themselves apart, the best flavors out there at the moment are the bacon and pub cheese with pretzel bun at Wendy's, the Original Thickburger at Hardee's, and Culver's with Bleu Cheese crumbles.

Wendy's is underappreciated. It's a good all-around fast-food experience.

lewdog
11-22-2020, 04:24 PM

Do they sell it by the bottle somewhere?

It is really good.

eDave
11-22-2020, 04:26 PM

It is really good.

https://www.amazon.com/Freddys-Frozen-Custard-Steakburgers-Famous/dp/B07K1YF2MC

Grab me a bottle. I'll pay you back.

Baby Lee
11-22-2020, 04:27 PM

It is really good.

I've seen it in supermarkets [Dierbergs in StL, and HyVee in KC]. Or you can make it yourself.

https://8e9d5b8b8dcb9208ef3f-01db2a53ae0368d03387780ee86ead55.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/0026700158650_CF_hyvee_default_large.jpeg

lewdog
11-22-2020, 04:28 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Freddys-Frozen-Custard-Steakburgers-Famous/dp/B07K1YF2MC

Grab me a bottle. I'll pay you back.

Almost a $1 an ounce. :eek:

Single income house here.

lewdog
11-22-2020, 04:28 PM
I've seen it in supermarkets. Or you can make it yourself.

https://8e9d5b8b8dcb9208ef3f-01db2a53ae0368d03387780ee86ead55.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/0026700158650_CF_hyvee_default_large.jpeg

Tell me your ways, Baby.

stevieray
11-22-2020, 04:30 PM

Two bacon cheeseburger deluxe @1.89 each!

Large Dr Pepper, of course.

speaking of, I was doing a job down in Texas recently and ate at Whataburger. Dr Pepper Shake!

duuuuuuuuuude,

Sooooooo good.

eDave
11-22-2020, 04:31 PM
Tell me your ways, Baby.

https://www.google.com/search?q=freddy%27s+fry+sauce+ingredients&oq=freddy%27s+fry+sauce+in&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j69i57j0i22i30l5.7751j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Make me a bottle. I'll pay you back.

lewdog
11-22-2020, 04:33 PM
https://www.google.com/search?q=freddy%27s+fry+sauce+ingredients&oq=freddy%27s+fry+sauce+in&aqs=chrome.0.0i457j69i57j0i22i30l5.7751j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Make me a bottle. I'll pay you back.

Lol ok.

Honestly I will sometime.

Johnny Vegas
11-22-2020, 04:51 PM
I’m gonna have to grab a bottle LMAO had no clue I just would save the cups if I ended up with any left

stevieray
11-22-2020, 04:54 PM
Culver's with Bleu Cheese crumbles.

be still my heart.

eDave
11-22-2020, 05:00 PM
Its something about California and the west coast vibe that draws people to it. The burger itself is ok the ingredients seem pretty fresh those fries are awful. When we started the preliminary pipeline feasibility survey it began in California. The crew was excited and so was I to try In N Out. The younger guys liked I kept telling them you can get a better burger every day at Town Topic, Hayes or LC's in Platte wood back home. I think it's mainly California hype from the old days of the Drive-in burger joints and car culture.

It just tasted better when it was just a California thing. Which reminds me of going to Marina Del Ray on weekend fishing trips with my dad and brothers and we would always eat at Carl's Jr. We didn't have them in KC at the time and I thought they were awesome. Now? Naw.

DanT
11-22-2020, 05:04 PM

Yes, I agree. Wendy's burgers, sandwiches, and salads are solid, and they have baked potatoes, which I'd rather have than fries.

srvy
11-22-2020, 05:32 PM
Whopper Wednesday BK is underrated. Two dollar whoppers and not the junior with fresh veggies. Not your usual wilted lettuce and near rotten tomato.

My son loves them so after school they are always hungry so whopper weds for me and son and chicken nugs for daughter. Also during summer 50 cent soft serve cones.

Frazod
11-22-2020, 05:42 PM

Wendy's is the best major burger chain. They have a good spicy chicken sandwich as well. It's nowhere near as good as the Popeye's sandwich, but what is?

My only real issue with Wendy's is their fries, which can be hit or miss.

Coach
11-22-2020, 05:43 PM
Wendy's is the best major burger chain. They have a good spicy chicken sandwich as well. It's nowhere near as good as the Popeye's sandwich, but what is?

My only real issue with Wendy's is their fries, which can be hit or miss.

Agreed on all of the above, and agreed on their fries. It has been more miss than hit.

They need to put some kind of seasoning on the fries to make it better or something. It's just basically eating fried potatoes with no flavor.

Frazod
11-22-2020, 05:51 PM
Agreed on all of the above, and agreed on their fries. It has been more miss than hit.

They need to put some kind of seasoning on the fries to make it better or something. It's just basically eating fried potatoes with no flavor.

The problem with the local place is sometimes they don't cook the fries enough. They're not inedible or anything, but they're much better extra crispy.

CoMoChief
11-22-2020, 06:54 PM
Wendy's chili is underrated IMO.